March 28, 2024, 05:42:15 AM

Author Topic: Bodyguard false papers  (Read 3813 times)

Offline zuluwarrior

• Hero Warrior
  • use your tongue to count your teeth
    • View Profile
    • http://pointalive.com
Bodyguard false papers
« on: January 16, 2014, 10:05:14 PM »
Mr mohammed the bodyguard sang a calypso this year ,he said sat say indian children beating books while

african children playing pan but the people with false papers is only indians , he said boo for sat because his

own people prove him wrong .

Sugar Aloes say the song is racist so he bodyguard cannot sing in the Review tent run by Sugar Aloes .

Is this calypso a raciist song and would it help to divide the Indian and Africans Trinidadians ?
« Last Edit: January 16, 2014, 10:08:30 PM by zuluwarrior »
good things happening to good people: a good thing
good things happening to bad people: a bad thing
bad things happening to good people: a bad thing
bad things happening to bad people: a good thing

Offline Socapro

• Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
Re: Bodyguard false papers
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2014, 06:00:12 PM »
Sugar Aloes doesn't really have the moral authority to call Bodyguard's song racist but I don't think it is.

ALOES AND BODYGUARD BATTLE OVER ‘RACE’ SONG

So there’s not only controversy in the Soca world but the Calypso fraternity as well.

In fact there’s one brewing presently.

Roger Mohammed, better known in the calypso fraternity as “Bodyguard” has managed to upset one Calypso icon enough to be left out of for the Kalypso Revue tent this season for his song False Papers.

Michael “Sugar Aloes” Osouna manager of the Revue tent and a veteran calypsonian known for his controversial calypsoes, has rejected the song because he says it is offensive, racist, unfairly attacked members of the Indo-Trinidadian community and would serve to divide Afro-Trinidadians and Indo-Trinidadians

However, Mohammed has shot back, saying he (Osouna) has no moral authority to talk about racism.

In an interview yesterday, Mohammed charged that Osouna was also responsible for “almost single-handedly running the majority of “East Indians” out of calypso tents.

He says that the song talks about the people who were caught with false papers and these people happen to be East Indians.

“From Reshmi Ramnarine to others. I cannot talk about the Syrians or Chinese because they have not been caught doing this. I am just doing my job as a calypsonian,” Mohammed said.

Here are some of the lyrics:

First verse

It easy to say Sat will be Sat
And try to ignore people like dat
But Sat Maharaj controls a large group in society
So when he makes a definitive declaration
It carries a lot of clout
We feel he know what he talkin bout
But time has a way
Of recycling the tings we say
And holding them up against logic and reason
So when Sat say ‘Indian children beating book
‘While black children beating pan’
No cousin! Is better yuh didn’t say nuttin

Chorus
Cause recently, one setta Indian people get caught
Wid false papers, false papers
I’m yet to see, one single African in the lot
And not one of them fraudsters ever face a court
So yuh theory have more holes than a water can
Like is better some ah dem Indian did beat a pan
When yuh feel dey was beating more book than the African
Dey was fabricating degrees, defrauding the land

Fourth verse

Doh bother to say dat I on race
Such red herrings are well out of place
I’m simply putting Sat’s statement on the altar of truth
For too long so-called leaders in this country
Have abused media access
Causing divisiveness and unrest
If Cudjoe or Khambon should rage
And say something that’s off the page
You will jump up to defend your race and religion
So yuh poison pen ah cyar condone
Stop pushing that racist undertone and lies
The evidence says otherwise

Chorus
So you tell me, how so much Indian people get caught?
Wid false papers, false papers
While conversely, not one African in the lot
Plenty black people study and work hard for what they got
A good degree could stand scrutiny for decades after
But the false ones disappear like nougat sweetie paper
And like they try to put ah African inside dey cancar
But dey bounce dey head because W….. M….. is a dougla.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2014, 06:10:48 PM by Socapro »
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline zuluwarrior

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2014, 08:52:19 AM »
Aloes said in 2011 he was a child so he was thinking like a child, he is now a man so he thinking like a man.

Offline MEP

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2014, 03:08:42 PM »
Aloe has proven himself to be a compounded jackass....he has been bought, sold and packaged......

Offline Socapro

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2014, 06:07:19 PM »
Bodyguard - "False Papers" (2013)
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/O0XEGgmGP_w" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/O0XEGgmGP_w</a>

Calypsonian Bodyguard (Roger Mohammed) offers a poltical/social commentary for Carnival 2014 that deals with the issue of people getting high paying jobs with false CVs....
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
  • yuh cyar take meh ancestry from meh
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2014, 10:35:32 PM »
In my opinion ah find the tune sounding like a throw back to  a young "Chalkie"- dis is what Kaiso is about- commentary on the political and social ills in society. Why Aloes eh find ah hole and sit on that for sheet sake l we cyar censor the 'bards' so. Look what they did to Cro Cro last year!
 It eh like he making up the allegations : these were events that made the news.

P.s I think the parang "Chinee Parang" is degrading - mocking - weak lyrics and could be considered by some to be diene grading of that ethnic group. Yet some people laugh and laude the efforts to put a twang of a different variety into the parang beat. Ummmmm
« Last Edit: January 28, 2014, 12:12:28 AM by AB.Trini »

Offline zuluwarrior

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2014, 09:40:25 PM »
CRO CRO did not get funding from the government this year again, the public is funding the tent ,  know admission fee ,the name of the tent is the Peoples Tent .   

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
  • yuh cyar take meh ancestry from meh
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2014, 01:40:46 PM »
It go bean shame if this man eh get an opportunity perform in the soca monarch competition

Offline Socapro

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
More blows for Sugar Aloes over Bodyguard snub
« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2014, 12:45:55 AM »
More blows for Sugar Aloes over Bodyguard snub
Published: Thursday, January 16, 2014
Peter Ray Blood

The debate over Michael (Sugar Aloes) Osouna’s decision to reject Roger (Bodyguard) Mohammed for the Kalypso Revue tent’s 2014 cast continued to rage within the calypso fraternity and on social Web sites yesterday, with the former being severely criticised for the move in some quarters.

Four-time national calypso monarch Weston (Cro Cro) Rawlins, who like Sugar Aloes has performed scathing political commentaries against the Government, came out strongly in defence of Bodyguard’s rendition False Papers, saying Aloes had made a huge mistake. “Sugar Aloes is wrong and stupid,” Rawlins told the T&T Guardian.

“He should listen to Sparrow’s Slave, and learn the way calypso began, and what calypso is. Listen to the lyrics: ‘We had to chant and sing to express our feelings to that wicked and cruel man. That was the medicine to make him listen. And is so calypso began.’ “Calypso was born as commentary and as satire highlighting the wrongs of those in authority and politicians. When slavery was abolished, that is how the jumping in the road, and the Road March thing, began.”

In defending his decision not to select Mohammed, Osouna, who manages the Revue, said he found the song offensive, racist and unfairly targetting the Indo-Trinidadian community. He said as a businessman/calypsonian, he could not allow Mohammed to sing a song which would serve to divide Afro- and Indo-Trinidadians.

But Rawlins, who is a committed supporter of the People’s National Movement (PNM), said he believed the decision was made because Osouna, who also has a history of singing scathing commentaries against governments and individuals, did not want to incense the ruling People’s Partnership government. “When Aloes sang She’s Royal for Kamla he was placed in their good books,” he said, referring to Osouna’s decision to sing on a PP political platform last year. “But he also sang for Jack, so now he is in a jam.

“Aloes has no moral authority to reject a calypso. He has the right as a tent manager to reject anybody, but he cannot pontificate on calypso. His reason for blanking the man is disrespectful and wrong.” Cro Cro also confirmed that his Icons calypso tent will not be running this year. “Icons got no funding so we cannot operate,” he said. “I have taken the Government to the Equal Opportunities Board. The ministry has to answer how every other calypso tent is getting funding by Government and my tent, Icons, is not.”

Also contacted yesterday, eight-time national calypso monarch, Dr Hollis (Mighty Chalkdust) Liverpool, recalled that calypso has always been the mouthpiece of the people, but refused to be drawn into commenting much on the controversy of the matter. “First off, I am taking part in the competition, so I don’t want to comment on this issue as I do not wish to jeopardise anybody,” he said. “The calypsonian has the right to sing about anything he wants, providing he does not break the laws of the land.

“At the same time, a leader of a tent has the right to decide what he wants in his tent. Tent managers have always in the past removed calypsonians from their cast. Kitchener Revue manager Carl ‘Jazzy’ Pantin benched Bro Valentino for singing Dr Williams, We Don’t Want no Revolution. “Calypso composition has always been and continues as an art. What composers have to do is compose your song as art and not be offensive.”

Anthony (Allrounder) Hendrickson said only: “Yes, I am part of management of Klassic Ruso tent, but I never get into calypso people business.”
« Last Edit: February 01, 2014, 01:22:39 AM by Socapro »

Offline fari

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 01, 2014, 11:48:22 AM »
i like what allrounder say ;D

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #11 on: February 18, 2014, 03:01:58 AM »
Bodyguard in, Aloes out of Kaiso Monarch semis
T&T Guardin Reports.

Calypsonian Bodyguard (Roger Mohammed) who was banned from singing his 2014 song, False Papers, at Kaiso Revue tent, has made it to the semifinals of the National Calypso Monarch competition. But the man who banned him, Sugar Aloes (Micheal Osouna), did not make it.

Mohammed later found a home under the Icons tent. Bodyguard will compete against several former calypso monarchs at semifinals at Skinner Park, San Fernando on Saturday. Forty calypsonians have been chosen with two reserves to compete for the title which will begin at noon. The names were released yesterday.

Eleven finalists will be chosen to face off against Eric "Pink Panther" Taylor, who was crowned 2013 Monarch. This event will be held at on Carnival Sunday (March 2). The extempo finals will take place at National Academy for the Performing Arts on February 27, along with the judging of the social and political categories. Formers calypso monarchs Sandra Millington (Singing Sandra), Morrel Peters (Luta), Dr Hollis Liverpool (Chalkdust), Karene Asche and four-time Calypso Monarch Weston "Cro Cro" Rawlins will be competing in the semi-finals.

The 40 Competitors

Artist    Sobriquet    Calypso

Alan Sinette-Khan        Sea Lots
Alex Gift    Tobago Chalkie    De Same Pedigree
Allan Fortune    Brother Mudada    The Parliament Tent
Allan Welch        Soil Technician
Amrika Mutroo    Doh Judge Meh
Anthony Emrold Phillip    Brother Valentino    Constitutional Reform
Anthony Hendrickson    All Rounder    We Only Passing Through
Bevon St Clair        Another Flambeau
Brian London        Call Dem Out   
Carlos James    Skatie    Jack and Jill
Devon Seale        F.D.A.T.
Erphaan Alves        Piano Unplugged
Francine Edwards    Singing Francine    Honor Them
Georgia Mc Intyre    The Messenger    Make the Right Choice
Giselle Washington    G.G    Save de Land
Heather McIntosh        Nutten eh Good
Heaven Charles    Snakey    The Dhoti Song
Hollis Liverpool    Chalkdust    The Guest List
Karen Eccles-Thomas    Karen Eccles    Values of Life
Karene Asche        Malice in Wonderland
Kerice Pascal    KeKe    Fix it and Hush
Kurt Allen    Last Badjohn     Sweet Sizzling Summer
Lesley Ann Ellis        Blessed with Beauty
Lornette Nedd Reid    Fya Empress    Just
Marlon Edwards        Leave it Dey
Morel Peters    King Luta    No Guns No Weapons
Myron Bruce    The Incredible Myron B    One More Sip
Neville Brown    Bunny B    Milk
Nicole Thomas        The Love We Owe
Roderick Gordon    Chucky    Wah Yuh Think
Roger Mohammed    Bodyguard    False Papers
Rondell Donawa        Yes We Can
Rosemary Mitchell    Young Rose    Message to the Bad Man
Sandra Des Vignes     Singing Sandra    Madiba
Sean Daniel    Psalmist    Gospel
Selvon Noel    Mistah Shak    Bois
Stephen Marcelle    Almost Doesn’t Count
Tammico Moore    Spicey    Man in Dat
Victoria Cooper    Queen Victoria    Political Love Affair
Weston Rawlins    Cro Cro    Pious, Poor but Proud

Reserves

Lynette Steele    Lady Gypsy    Dangerous World
Michael Legerton    Protector    Dey Damn Vex

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

1]; } ?>