April 18, 2024, 07:43:45 PM

Author Topic: The David Nakhid Thread  (Read 170758 times)

Offline Savannah boy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: David Nakhid to serve as ‘Warriors’ scout.
« Reply #30 on: May 25, 2005, 10:39:22 PM »
Beenie must be see somebody to take Nakhid role. He is an excellent second half change up at dis point and we shunning Dwarika and Spann and no Latapy...ah really praying dat Beenie know wha de hell he doing. Somebody living and playing in Lebanon scouting for we? Questions abound. We still doh have a proper holding midfilelder. Seem like de calpet he get vs Alianza gave Nakhid a sign.

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 26, 2005, 05:48:38 AM »
It appears to be painfully obvious that beenie man has seen someone else that can perform nakid's role well.  He is no fool and would not have made de offer if he didnt have a replacement.  This is getting very interesting
Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

Offline real madness

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 26, 2005, 09:10:10 AM »
Yeah it look like Leo is ah real smart man...giving Nakhid post as scout but making him feel he had an option.  I say give Leo ah passport if we qualify and then Leo for Prime Minister.

Offline Sando

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 26, 2005, 02:18:03 PM »
Judging from them reports by Patriot and Touches, it seems Jason Scotland might save the day for T&T, because Stern John and Cornell Glen cool down a bit and then Jones is not a all out striker. Scotland and Hector we need you.

The good thing is, Dwarika and Whitley can play forward if needed and, Whitely is presently in-form.

Sealy need some time, he is good no doubt, but not ready as yet, I saw him yesterday, or maybe its the team he's playing for.

Still feel Glen can stur things up at half time, I would prefer him over Stern at the moment.. a good off the bench sub.

What happen to Stern John man ? this guy was my hero at one time. ?

Dwight and Sam up-front with Jones supporting.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2005, 02:22:23 PM by Flex »

Offline Ponnoxx

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 28, 2005, 08:40:07 AM »
 well that is all he good for!!

Offline Hyperhot J

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
What in the world is Nakhid's role?
« Reply #35 on: June 29, 2005, 11:53:25 AM »
... and where in the world his he? Last I heard was that Beener man said Nakhid was going to be the official spy/scout for the Warriors. Is Nakhid going to be watching all the other Gold Cup games e.g when Panama plays Colombia etc.? As well was he scouting the other World Cup qualifying teams? At least he could have stayed in the comfort of his home, (in Lebanon??) and see how great Mexico played in the Confederation's Cup and know that they are definitely the ones to beat in the Gold Cup.

If anyone knows about any ACTIVE role Nakhid is playing, we'd like to hear from you.

Hyperhot Jason.  ;D
"The abuse of greatness is when it disjoins remorse from power." 

Cassius told Brutus in Julius Caesar by Shakespeare

Offline dtool

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: What in the world is Nakhid's role?
« Reply #36 on: June 29, 2005, 02:55:29 PM »
The word is that he is getting ready for All Stars tournament in DC .... I could be wrong...
Agree DOC...

Offline Tongue

• Hero Warrior
  • Blue is the Colour.....Chelsea Chelsea Chelsea
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 30, 2005, 09:22:11 AM »
dey havin ah over 35 div ;D

Offline football king

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 30, 2005, 09:29:06 AM »
over 40

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 30, 2005, 10:11:31 AM »
nakhid who?...............lol
Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
David Nakhid still in the thick of things
« Reply #40 on: September 05, 2005, 08:57:50 PM »
David Nakhid still in the thick of things.
By Ian Prescott (Express).

David Nakhid somehow has a penchant for making everything he does seem the most important thing in the world. An astute passer of the ball in his heyday, Nakhid, 41, is now doing his most productive work, not from the midfield where he served the national team faithfully for many years, but in the stands as a scout.
Even as the Warriors go through their final paces before  entering a hostile environment in San Jose against Costa Rica, Nakhid is  in Panama. His job there is to look  at the Panamanians who will be T&T's next World Cup opponents on October 8 in Panama City. Nakhid has to  pick out Panama's weakness and possibly procure a dvd tape of their match against Costa Rica.  His work might well be crucial to helping T&T's Dutch national coach Leo Beenhakker formulate a plan for beating the Panamanians.
"When Trinidad and Tobago had their home game against Panama  earlier this year, I was in Guatemala watching our next opponents, Mexico. Against Mexico, I was in Panama watching the United States, who we had to play next," Nakhid said. "During the Gold Cup, I saw eight games in five American cities".
Obviously, Nakhid has been busy. But although his new role is one which he relishes, the former T&T captain and Caribbean Footballer-of-the-Year, admits missing the on-the-field action.
But like everything else, Nakhid realises that very few things last forever.
And, he also recognises the importance of his new assignment.
"I look at the teams that we play next and see their weakness and where we can exploit them to win the game. I also look at their strengths and report on where we have to be careful."
It is obvious that Nakhid is taking  his job as a scout seriously; so seriously, that he travels all the way from his Lebanon home base to pick up assignments on the other side of the world. He has also alerted his Lebanese club  so that at this point in time, T&T can be his first priority.
A player/coach at the club, Nakhid said his Lebanese employers were not too pleased with the arrangement. But he said: "This is a World Cup we taking about. You don't get to go to that every day. As you know we are in pre-season, but that is the sacrifice I have made."
Obviously, Nakhid still has a hunger to get to the World Cup, even if he does not do it as a player. However, he still intends to lend his support to the players and usually joins Beenhakker's training sessions.
"I am there for the younger players. I am there to pass on my experience and answer questions that they might have. And they do ask questions. Aurtis (Whitley), Densill (Theobald) and Chris (Birchall) all come from time to time and ask me questions. I also make suggestions, to any player, who I see needs some help in certain areas. There is a lot that they can learn from me."
« Last Edit: September 06, 2005, 02:58:07 AM by Flex »
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Cowen

• Hero Warrior
  • Conquer without risk is to triumph without Glory
    • View Profile
Re: Nakhid still in the thick of things
« Reply #41 on: September 05, 2005, 09:21:00 PM »
LOL ....all i could picture is Nakhid running for he life with a dvd recorder in his hand and hundreds of Panama supporterts pelting bottle behind him. :rotfl:
Attended Mad Mad University
Studied Madology
Obtained a Mad Mad Degree

Offline FireBrand

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 05, 2005, 09:41:32 PM »
Good one Cowen!  :rotfl:
Warrior Nation Member At Large

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 05, 2005, 09:53:43 PM »
david nakhid absolutley loves his country TNT......de man willing to do anything to be part of the dream....after all ..he was denied his chance in 89 under gally....its funny...a player of nakhid's quality..tallman ??..whats nakhids caps and all that???.....and how many of those caps are against non caribbean teams.??....im sure you will see how much we ( tnt ) wasted this mans talent....but having said that...he not easy to deal with....but yet still....hear the coaches this man play for....beenhakker ( grasshopper).....sven goran eriksonn ( malmo ff)......christian gross( the genius behind basle of switzerland)......but i guess gally just did not know how to deal with the only professional player at that time......what ah loss.....god bless....TNT TNT TNT
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline pass(10trini)

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: David Nakhid still in the thick of things
« Reply #44 on: September 06, 2005, 06:06:06 AM »
gally didn't want him in de team because he was disruptive he was undermining everything gally did and felt it was better to boot his arse out. Nakhid was real trouble bm he was alvin corneal lil puppet
« Last Edit: September 06, 2005, 06:34:44 AM by pass(10trini) »
Stag is a man's beer-
Ah beer is ah carib
choose one

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: September 07, 2005, 06:24:29 AM »
right pass10....so is cornell glenn now alvin corneal puppet???.....
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline oconnorg

• PROUD MEMBER OF THE WARRIOR NATION
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: September 07, 2005, 06:51:16 AM »
The Puppet Master!!!
COMMISSIONER OF THE ANTI WAGGONIST ASSOCIATION OF TRINIDAD AND TOBAGO (AWATT)

The Warrior Nation
www.TheWarriorNation.com

Offline football king

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 07, 2005, 10:37:30 AM »
gally screw up big time when he left nahkid out-bottom line that was a huge mistake. as magician all these good coaches had good things to say about the man then all of a sudden he a trouble maker in gally eyes.

but all in the pass still bad move not playing nahkid.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Kelvin Jack fires back at Nakhid
« Reply #48 on: September 22, 2005, 08:47:21 PM »
Lay off Fenwick, Kelvin Jack fires back at Nakhid
By Lasana Liburd (Trinidad Express)

Trinidad and Tobago and Dundee goalkeeper Kelvin Jack yesterday waded into a public disagreement between two of his former coaches as he defended CL Financial San Juan Jabloteh's English coach Terry Fenwick from allegations that he acted unscrupulously while representing the footballer in Britain.

Former Trinidad and Tobago captain David Nakhid, who serves as a scout for current national coach Leo Beenhakker and was assistant to ex-coach Bertille St Clair, allegedly telephoned a radio talk show that hosted Fenwick on Tuesday and said that Jack told him his professional career was threatened because of the Englishman's greed during negotiations on the goalkeeper's behalf.

Jack denied telling Nakhid anything of the sort and was less than thrilled to find himself in the middle of the row. He insisted that Fenwick, who signed him at Jabloteh, was a "dear friend" and "good man".

"I never told Nahkid that Fenwick tried to outsmart me," Jack told the Express. "And I am very, very angry about hearing that (Nakhid) must have interpreted what I said wrongly. I would never say anything like that because it is not true."

Fenwick signed Jack in 2001 and soon made the imposing goalkeeper his team captain as Jabloteh went on to lift their first domestic league title and were joint Caribbean Club champions during a three-year spell. The Englishman also recommended Jack to several English clubs in 2003, which culminated in trials at Walsall, Crystal Palace and Gillingham. However, he was warned through national teammate, Shaka Hislop, that his representatives were hampering his chances of a move by asking for "a ridiculous finder's fee".

Jack insisted that the blame lay with Fenwick's associate and agent John Mack rather than his ex-coach himself.

"What I told David was that someone working in conjunction with Terry was the one being unreasonable with clubs," he said, "by asking for a ridiculous fee for an unproven player. I never said that Terry cost me 'x and x amount of dollars'. "I am not happy about what David said, especially as it was during a live radio broadcast and I intend to speak with him when next I am in Trinidad.

"Terry is someone I hold in very high esteem and he is a good man who only wants the best for Trinidad football."

Nakhid could not be reached for comment up to press time.

Still, it is not the first time that Fenwick's supposed business dealings prompted debate.

Although never singled out for dishonesty, Fenwick was not helped by his close association with Terry Venables, who resigned as England manager in 1996 to focus on a series of legal wrangling and was subsequently disqualified from serving as a company director.

Fenwick and Venables worked together at Portsmouth where the former was sacked and the latter resigned after poor results in the First Division and a series of controversial signings.

Four years ago, there were murmurs of a possible conflict of interest when Fenwick, then Jabloteh coach, formed the Pro Sports Agency with compatriot and former Football Company of Trinidad and Tobago (FCoTT) CEO Peter Miller and signed several national youth players prior to the 2001 FIFA Under-17 World Championship.

Like Venables, Miller and Fenwick had a brief and inglorious stint together in England.

In 2003, a consortium tried to take over the Luton Football Club and Miller was fingered as the person who sacked manager Joe Kinnear and interviewed Fenwick for the post, although the club ownership never changed hands. Miller, at the time, was the commercial director of rival club, Northampton.

The matter is considered to be still under investigation and is one of the most bizarre events in the club's history.

Fenwick, a former England international, has an inglorious managerial career in Britain where he had brief and largely unsuccessful spells at Crystal Palace, Portsmouth, Northampton and conference team Ashford Town, who fired him earlier this year. However, he is a former Trinidad and Tobago Pro League "Coach of the Year" and the most successful coach in Jabloteh's history. At present, he is in his second stint at the San Juan club.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2015, 05:08:51 PM by asylumseeker »
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline real madness

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Kelvin Jack fires back at Nakhid
« Reply #49 on: September 22, 2005, 10:10:53 PM »
Nakhid always saying something and causing confusion.

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: September 23, 2005, 01:32:51 AM »

Ent?  A real "bacchanalist".
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

truetrini

« Reply #51 on: September 23, 2005, 04:59:35 AM »

Ent?  A real "bacchanalist".

well at least ge better dan Latas at someting.

Offline Mr Mc

• Hero Warrior
  • Take pride in yuh side!! Vibes it Up!!!
    • View Profile
    • Trini Jungle Juice
« Reply #52 on: September 23, 2005, 07:48:23 AM »
That fenwick fella sound like a real bobal kinda fella, just now he go be in politics in Trini watch. He still coaching Jabloteh??
Sounds to me like Nakhid just calling a spade a spade, they just need to find something else to talk about.

Kelvin Jack's Diary
Date: Oct 3rd 2005
6:30AM Wake up prepare for Training
7:00AM Breakfast with team
7:13AM Whup Nakhid arse!!
7:30AM Warm up with Shaka
8:00AM Drills with coach

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: September 23, 2005, 08:07:46 AM »
That fenwick fella sound like a real bobal kinda fella, just now he go be in politics in Trini watch. He still coaching Jabloteh??
Sounds to me like Nakhid just calling a spade a spade, they just need to find something else to talk about.

Kelvin Jack's Diary

:rotfl: :rotfl:

Like meh mom would say "Nakhid too blasted farse & outta place"

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: September 23, 2005, 08:46:14 AM »

Kelvin Jack's Diary

Nah nah nah Mr Mc. The problem is Nakid yuh eh see what Jack say or what. Name one team or organization Nakid was involved with that he eh in some shit wid. So everybody wrong and Nakid always right. Nah at all!!  I personally spoke to some New England players and they said David was real tears. Always making accusations and a disruption to the team.

To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: September 23, 2005, 08:49:44 AM »
Observer, check Mr Mc...7:13 appt for Jack. :rotfl:

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: September 23, 2005, 09:31:45 AM »

;D True
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline Jumbie

• ~~~ JUMBIE ~~~
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: September 23, 2005, 09:35:30 AM »

Dat soundin kinda trojanish ::)

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: September 23, 2005, 09:57:35 AM »

Dat soundin kinda trojanish ::)

Nah, is jus warriorish ;D

Offline KND2

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Big Question for Today... Why is Nakhid training so hard?
« Reply #59 on: October 06, 2005, 12:35:10 PM »
When you look at the pictures he is the only-ist one with tall socks and chin guards. The man going though all the drills hard hard hard

would somebody please tell him that he will not be getting any sweet, he cannot make the squad anymore.

He should take his rightful place next to the doctor on the bench.

This way he can work on the Bamsee muscles that he uses on his new position of scouting.

To sit on a plane to Uzbeckistan and then sit in the stands is a tough job he needs to focus on the bamsee muscles and leave the football to the young boys.

Next thing he pull something and is ice bandage and thing we have to waste on him.

Put him to sit down and take back the jersey let him put on a scout jersey.

« Last Edit: October 06, 2005, 01:24:21 PM by Tallman »

1]; } ?>