April 23, 2024, 02:11:14 AM

Author Topic: The David Nakhid Thread  (Read 171722 times)

Offline Behbehman

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Nakhid political ambition
« Reply #630 on: February 15, 2006, 01:52:52 PM »
Good Morning Gentlemen,  The issue is Nakid in Politics. I believe he will make a good politician. His no nonsense attitude will only help Trinibago. Both party are extremely corrupt and we need fresh blood. PNM had people running away with 100 millions in the last 70s and UNC airport deal in 2k1. I am glad ATo and Nakid have the country's future at heart. Let take football politics out of this. Back to fifa ticket site

Not only in the 70s breds...even right now...Wuh Frankie Khan and Eric Williams doing right now?  All ah dem fellas corrupt...Trinidad have more bobol than FIFA. :rotfl:

Offline Mr Mc

• Hero Warrior
  • Take pride in yuh side!! Vibes it Up!!!
    • View Profile
    • Trini Jungle Juice
« Reply #631 on: February 15, 2006, 02:15:01 PM »
HE COULD HAVE BEEN OUR UNDER 20  coach now what a waste

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Nakhid couldn't teach a bamcee how to shit. You right...he is a waste of break.

We may have issues with Nakhid's Bahrain job and his fights with Warner and the TTFF, but I doubt you can find very many people that will disagree that he is a very good footballer, technically sound and smart enough to teach the game to the youths.

I also think he would make a good politician, alot of folks dont like Al Sharpton cause they find he always making noise and causing a ruckus, but these guys see a perceived injustice against their people and speak up about it, aint nobody else saying anything so at least they trying to shine some lights on things.

Offline Jefferz

• "hopelessly faithful"
  • Hero Warrior
  • Warrior Nation Member #44
    • View Profile
    • facebook.com
« Reply #632 on: February 15, 2006, 06:54:30 PM »
Yea all dat is true but the it seems he cannot be effective if he too busy pissing everybody off.

Seeing as we cannot doubt his skill then very possibly he should have gone much farther in his career.

however he like to stereo type people, shout at timid waitresses and f**k wit de biggest Mafia man himself.

Uncle Jack.

Despite all of this...

I would still like to salute him in all that he has done for our country and ask him please to keep fighting for yuh dignity.
since ah born or at least circa Copa Caribe

Offline pioneertrini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #633 on: February 15, 2006, 07:32:03 PM »
dunno about he and polotics, remember polotics is just a show where u talk shit and do wat u r told. Nakhid is a man who speaks his mind  ::) so i dunno if he will last too long unless he conforms to the corruption. the people in trinidad and the rest of the world have to do ting for dem self u cant wait on dem 4kers.

Offline SOBRIQUET

• Hero Warrior
  • Intercol Champion 94' w/ Princes Town
    • View Profile
« Reply #634 on: February 16, 2006, 12:18:27 AM »
HE COULD HAVE BEEN OUR UNDER 20  coach now what a waste

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Nakhid couldn't teach a bamcee how to shit. You right...he is a waste of break.

that real harsh horse
...with Blacksmith, Dogfoot, Jurawan and dem

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
Nakhid's take on things....anybody got a dictionary?
« Reply #635 on: July 20, 2006, 07:47:06 AM »
'Don' Leo was looking ahead

Opinion by David Nakhid in war-torn Lebanon

Thursday, July 20th 2006

Source: Trinidad Express
[/color]

Trinidad and Tobago's coach Leo Beenhakker listens to the national anthems before their World Cup match against England in Nuremberg, Germany on June 15. PHOTOS: AP

It must be an intrinsic part of the Trinbagonian psyche to find something to laugh or smile about in the most despairing of times, me finding this self evident as I've tried most times to distance myself from things reflective of that same psyche that cultivates apathy, cronyism, pettiness and plain ole corruption.

Allow me some philosophical leeway as I remain confined in relative safety for the moment, compared to the close to 100 innocents who have already passed on to a place surely better than this one.

I smile as I remember the joy of watching in Germany and then from my house in Greece the participation of my country at the world's premier sporting event.

I smiled again albeit with a different motivation as I read the subsequent articles describing our performances by our supposed football experts, most of them inclined to go with the flow of the expected Trinbagonian euphoria, and catering unashamedly to the popular sentiment or the dictatorial mandate.

Our boys fought with heart, grit, determination and discipline, all of which made us proud and the rest of the world surprised, but let's not be cowards. Although these qualities are part of football, they should serve football and not negate it, and Trinbago in all honesty played little or no football of any sustainable measure.

This is no criticism of the players, but surely of the coaching philosophy. It became apparent to quite a few of my colleagues, many of them who I played with in Europe and now aspiring coaches, all of them European, that by the end of the first half of our second game ,that "Don" Leo was coaching for a future contract, and assuredly not with the Trinidad and Tobago Football Federation.

Not to be embarrassed was the obvious philosophy. God forbid that any self respecting international footballer should reach the pinnacle of football aspirations, only to be not embarrassed.

I'm not talking about wanton offensive forays, but the chance to show the world that we too can play football...football. What a cowardly philosophy, exposed ever moreso by allowing "Latas" to play the last 26 minutes of our last game.

How he regrets that decision, believe me as I know Leo much better than you proselytes.

I smiled again (different motivation), as I think of all these idealistic people I had known whom time had withered not only in appearance but in their principles, that I had tried to make the core of my existence.

I thought of the white Trinbagonian from St. Mary's to the National youth team, who once told me that football mirrors life, the generous player on the field will more often than not be the same off of it. The same would apply to the selfish player.

Well, nothing could be more applicable as I later realised, this man of "principle" who defied authority, in his own charismatic way, turning out to be with the passage of time (how I respect you), just another crony albeit of a lighter shade.

He was not alone, so many of my "mentors" falling by the wayside, some for World Cup tickets or access, eh Doc or Baino, or some just wanting that chance to belong or truly help football and end up helping themselves, betraying the ideals they instilled in me as a young or indeed an older footballer. Eh Tiger or Big A. I hope you listen without prejudice and humour me somewhat, for I have been in difficult situations before, but this one has the feel of death, maybe not for me, but certainly those around me.

Evil as I have concluded in my now 42 years of life, does not always take the form of a tyrant or tyrannical behaviour, though there is that, were I to use Israeli actions as an example.

The real evil subtlety induces us to lower our standards, our principles, our morality, where after we no longer seek the excellence in ourselves but we are used to promote the agenda of someone or an organisation for that matter.

We invariably find ourselves doing mediocre things and revelling in mediocrity, convinced that the "ideal" this person or organisation promotes is what really matters.

I know what I have said will fall on deaf ears and open to ridicule...He vex he get fired...blah blah, yeh right! So if that's the case, I thank all of you who instilled in me the ideals that I pray to pass on to my three sons, before time got a hold of you all and made you afraid to remain courageous in spite of the hardships that may bring.

I too may become like you all as time marches on me as well, so I pray that one of the bombs from the Israeli planes falling near my house finds it way to me before I do.

Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
Re: Nakhid's take on things....anybody got a dictionary?
« Reply #636 on: July 20, 2006, 07:53:07 AM »
Ah wonder if Leo knows our national anthem ?
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #637 on: July 20, 2006, 07:55:14 AM »
All dat to take a little swipe at Leo??

De man entitled to he opinion oui.....however rambling and incoherent it may be

De last paragraph make mih kinda raise my eyebrow lil bit doh
Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #638 on: July 20, 2006, 08:00:27 AM »

I too may become like you all as time marches on me as well, so I pray that one of the bombs from the Israeli planes falling near my house finds it way to me before I do.

Ain't dat some shit right there?  Wonder why he didn't say dem ting so when Jack Warner did have was to save he ass in de same Lebanon and bring he to de place where he was in danger of "becoming like you all"?

Offline Organic

• Bamboo # 5
  • Hero Warrior
  • Politics- 90% Personality 10% Principle
    • View Profile
« Reply #639 on: July 20, 2006, 08:05:32 AM »
this dude honestly sounding bitter. isnt this de man who use to real make mistake sin de midfield  .. so much so men use to call him ah goat. man please eh.....this is sophistry if i ever heard it. and what up with this i wanna die thing. he shell shocked or jus cause he in de mideast going with the if i die i will be in  a bette rplace mentality...so i eh mind dying alhtough i have 3 kids to mind. steups calling ppl names....dissin de mand calling dem frens..no wonder he cyah live in trini agian. not de same dude was beggin when he mouth get him in trouble when he wa sover there playign football..please eh nakid...what ah case wanting to read yuh self on papers agaian. yuh mom..oops i eh calling ppl mudda...yuh parents never tell u bout having nuttin good to say to hush...and doh talk for talkign sake....
ps...i hope u read this website and read this...unlike u..this is the only place i could vent meh frustration when i read one set ah drivel
Perhaps the epitome of a Trinidadian is the child in the third row class with a dark skin and crinkly plaits who looks at you out of decidedly Chinese eyes and announces herself as Jacqueline Maharaj.- Merle Hodge

Offline doc

• Hero Warrior
  • ...game, set, match.
    • View Profile
« Reply #640 on: July 20, 2006, 08:11:55 AM »

Ain't dat some shit right there?  Wonder why he didn't say dem ting so when Jack Warner did have was to save he ass in de same Lebanon and bring he to de place where he was in danger of "becoming like you all"?

I think it's indicative of the contradictions in life - one's struggle for morality amidst the corruption that abounds. About the football itself, its easier to be cavalier in the postmortem than be pragmatic in the execution. :devil:
« Last Edit: July 20, 2006, 08:15:43 AM by doc »
Live large and prosper!

Offline dumpalewie

• Lewie
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #641 on: July 20, 2006, 08:15:35 AM »
He just bitter because the Baharaini FA eh send a jet yet for their U-21 coach!

TnT Patriot

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #642 on: July 20, 2006, 08:16:36 AM »
this dude honestly sounding bitter. isnt this de man who use to real make mistake sin de midfield  .. so much so men use to call him ah goat. man please eh.....this is sophistry if i ever heard it. and what up with this i wanna die thing. he shell shocked or jus cause he in de mideast going with the if i die i will be in  a bette rplace mentality...so i eh mind dying alhtough i have 3 kids to mind. steups calling ppl names....dissin de mand calling dem frens..no wonder he cyah live in trini agian. not de same dude was beggin when he mouth get him in trouble when he wa sover there playign football..please eh nakid...what ah case wanting to read yuh self on papers agaian. yuh mom..oops i eh calling ppl mudda...yuh parents never tell u bout having nuttin good to say to hush...and doh talk for talkign sake....
ps...i hope u read this website and read this...unlike u..this is the only place i could vent meh frustration when i read one set ah drivel

Ah tink was weary1969 who said it best.  Nakhid fall out wit everybody but de Prophet Mohammed....and even de Prophet mus de does roll he eye dem when Nakhid open he mout.

As Dutty say...de man entitle to he opinion.  I wouldn't go and waste he down on de field because

1 - What he do on de field of play have nutting to do wit he opinions off it

2 - He was a damn good footballer, definitely not a goat in my opinion.

Nakhid jes bein Nakhid.  De last paragraph, he jes went de extra mile.

Besides....ah jes kinda curious.  

If Coach Beenhakker was only lookin fuh a nex wuk, as hinted at by Nakhid in this article and several others, claiming as evidence our teams apparent strategy of damage control, how would restricting our footballers "natural attacking qualities & ability to play football" help in his quest for a new job?  

If this "theory" is accurate, would it not be in Coach Beenhakker's best interests to unleash the spectacular offensive talents of our team on the WC stage?  Wouldn't that then enhance his ability to attract offers from the likes of the Dutch National team, Real Madrid etc?
« Last Edit: July 20, 2006, 09:15:34 AM by palos »

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #643 on: July 20, 2006, 08:17:27 AM »
I think it's indicative of the contradictions in life - one's struggle for morality amidst the corruption that abounds. About the football itself, its easier to be cavalier in the postmortem than be pragmatic in the execution. :devil:

You and Nakhid went same school nah.... ;D ;D

But when ah finally finish translatin wha yuh say dey (THANK GOD FUH GOOGLE WEE)...yuh correck.  ;)

Offline doc

• Hero Warrior
  • ...game, set, match.
    • View Profile
« Reply #644 on: July 20, 2006, 08:23:08 AM »
You's ah Fatima man ... doh try dat ;D
Live large and prosper!

Offline Organic

• Bamboo # 5
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #645 on: July 20, 2006, 08:25:13 AM »
palos i cyah agree wiht u nah...nakihid..wasnt no damn god footballer..ok saying eh is a goat was admittiedly anger at how he played in hsi later days(he went down hill very fast it wasnt a slow progression) but he wasnt no damn good footballer..he was solid at best.
Perhaps the epitome of a Trinidadian is the child in the third row class with a dark skin and crinkly plaits who looks at you out of decidedly Chinese eyes and announces herself as Jacqueline Maharaj.- Merle Hodge

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #646 on: July 20, 2006, 08:28:15 AM »
About the football itself, its easier to be cavalier in the postmortem than be pragmatic in the execution. :devil:

Could not have said it better myself Doc........

This World Cup has caused an uprising of a bunch of after-the-fact experts..........who never even had the competence to prove themselves worthy of the attention we give them......steupsss
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline doc

• Hero Warrior
  • ...game, set, match.
    • View Profile
« Reply #647 on: July 20, 2006, 08:29:19 AM »
palos i cyah agree wiht u nah...nakihid..wasnt no damn god footballer..ok saying eh is a goat was admittiedly anger at how he played in hsi later days(he went down hill very fast it wasnt a slow progression) but he wasnt no damn good footballer..he was solid at best.
What? Do you mean from 36yrs to 42 yrs ???
Live large and prosper!

Offline duscam

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #648 on: July 20, 2006, 08:33:54 AM »
nakhid boy ..i agreee with yuh to an extent...look at ghana..they decided instead of being defensive they would play their natural game...we did good in germany...but i understand where he coming from...
and yuh saying he wasnt a good footballer but didnt beenhaker want him on the side despite his age
and wasnt he the first trini to play european football (uefa cup i think)
« Last Edit: July 20, 2006, 08:35:48 AM by duscam »

Offline Organic

• Bamboo # 5
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #649 on: July 20, 2006, 08:36:10 AM »
lol....cause allyuh smarter than me..i  never went fatima....u go gimme pressure..in terms of football i meant. wait..is this like when u trying to talk about bleeder to meh boy Ti and stern to some ah dem.....?? cause if u fervent as supporter of nakhid as ti is to bleeder and ras i is to ziddane..then i sorry one time..lol ;D.and take win

this better dutty?
« Last Edit: July 20, 2006, 08:43:45 AM by Organic »

Offline Organic

• Bamboo # 5
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #650 on: July 20, 2006, 08:38:33 AM »
nakhid boy ..i agreee with yuh to an extent...look at ghana..they decided instead of being defensive they would play their natural game...we did good in germany...but i understand where he coming from...
and yuh saying he wasnt a good footballer but didnt beenhaker want him on the side despite his age
and wasnt he the first trini to play european football (uefa cup i think)
ghana team was admittedly better than us. but i eh up to discussing this today nah..lol....from nwo on i agree with alla h allyuh..i could be a "yes man" when i want, albeit its just laziness

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #651 on: July 20, 2006, 08:40:17 AM »
lol....cause allyuh smarter than meh never went fatima....u go gimem pressure..in terms of football. wait..is this like when u trying to defend bleeder to meh boy Ti and stern to some ah dem.....?? cause if u fervent as supporter of nakhid as ti is to bleeder and ras i is to ziddane..then i sorry want time..lol ;D.and take win

anybody have the decoder ring?
Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

Offline ttcom

• Hero Warrior
  • us/trini/jamaican
    • View Profile
« Reply #652 on: July 20, 2006, 09:04:14 AM »
Nakhid frighten me with the last statement. I have to call his sister to find out, what's happen to him. He wasn't a great player but was better in the midfield than must.I cuss him when he throw away the penalty in the Gold Cup semi against Canada but I respect is opinion.Hope the children are ok.
Stupidity is an elemental force for which no earthquake is a match."
-Karl Kraus

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #653 on: July 20, 2006, 09:06:41 AM »
This is perhaps the most worthless comment I have heard yet. This claim about us not playing "football" is a bogus one at best. It seems that Nakhid doesn't know that defending is a part of the game. Furthermore it is very useful when you come up against teams that are with the very rare exception comprehensively superior to you . What is even more saddening is that he conviently ignores the fact that in the game that we "attacked"  (Paraguay) where for as easily as we could have scored 1 or 2 goals, we could have conceed 4 or 5. The guy must have had a brain relapse or something because he forgot that we played for half the game against Sweden with 10 men.  He also seems to have forgetten that England had to depend on a dubious call to win their game. In each of our game we tried to possess the ball and get forward when it was possible.  This is according to Nakhid's standards is mediocrity.

Strangely enough I agree with some of what he is saying. We were in fact a mediocre team.We didn't win a game we didn't score a goal. Especially since we have the likes of Ronaldinho and Riquelme on our team. And that youth coming of the bench Messi is death. Cannavaro was woeful at the back for us and Henry should stayed home to eat doubles. Pardon that episode of sarcasm and allow me to say this. We built a team from MLS,TT Pro- League and lower division British  league players and came up against World Class opposition. We did more than just not embarrased ourselves, we played the ball across the park and attacked when we could we were solid and I am proud of that. What's more important is that hundreds of youths in this country are proud of that enough of what the Soca Warriors achieved to choose the ball over the bullet. But in any case it doesn't matter since Nakhid has steadfast standards.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2006, 09:09:15 AM by Jah Gol »

Offline Jayerson

• Hero Warrior
  • Gunners for life
    • View Profile
« Reply #654 on: July 20, 2006, 09:15:17 AM »
Does anyone remember that Nahkid himself said in an interview that Beenhakker was one of the greatest coaches around.

David Nakhid, a former Trinidad captain who played at Swiss club Grasshoppers under Beenhakker, said the Dutchman can be an advantage to the Warriors, especially now when they sit at the bottom of the six-team CONCACAF final round qualification groupings for next year's World Cup.

"He's one of the greatest coaches, probably ever, and we have to try and benefit from his experience," Nakhid told the Express.

Now he's singing a different tune, honestly people, can anyone blame the coach for adopting a defensive strategy especially after seeing what power houses like Wales, Slovenia did to us.

Jose Mourihno said, you cant build a house from the roof down, sure up your defense first then build from there.

Offline Organic

• Bamboo # 5
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #655 on: July 20, 2006, 09:18:44 AM »
Does anyone remember that Nahkid himself said in an interview that Beenhakker was one of the greatest coaches around.

David Nakhid, a former Trinidad captain who played at Swiss club Grasshoppers under Beenhakker, said the Dutchman can be an advantage to the Warriors, especially now when they sit at the bottom of the six-team CONCACAF final round qualification groupings for next year's World Cup.

"He's one of the greatest coaches, probably ever, and we have to try and benefit from his experience," Nakhid told the Express.

Now he's singing a different tune, honestly people, can anyone blame the coach for adopting a defensive strategy especially after seeing what power houses like Wales, Slovenia did to us.

Jose Mourihno said, you cant build a house from the roof down, sure up your defense first then build from there.

ent ..well said.  and nakhid in that garbage he write talk about turn coats

Offline tempo

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #656 on: July 20, 2006, 09:32:44 AM »
Well, I feel for the fella with all that is going on around him. It's easy to go mad in that environment. That being said, what is interesting in his willingness to criticize and accuse so many of selling out; he did not include Jack. Could it be that in Jack's book, Nakhid was erroneously given credit for bringing Beenhakker to Trinidad. It seems all the trickery and mischief Nakhid has engaged in over the years has finally caught up to him. So his overall message is true but it is he who has become the very thing he criticizes.

Offline rocwell

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #657 on: July 20, 2006, 09:36:29 AM »
I think what Nakhid has said is no different from what many have posted on this forum recently:  that T&T had more attacking options, that he could have played Latapy more.

Also, that Trinidadians seem to revel too much in the fact that our results were indeed mediocre.  He isn't saying not to be proud of the team.  He's proud of the effort, but recognizes that more could be done.  Which again, is a sentiment echoed on this very forum.

His other point was that Beenhakker is one of those people who changed their long-held principles for selfish reasons (Reasons here being, that future contract.).  It seems he's implying that, in the past, Beenhakker would not have utilised such tactics.

Not a very controversial article in my opinion.

Offline sprog

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #658 on: July 20, 2006, 09:42:34 AM »
Nakhid is really just bitter and needs to shut his arse, its unfortunate that everything turned out the way it did.

Offline Tongue

• Hero Warrior
  • Blue is the Colour.....Chelsea Chelsea Chelsea
    • View Profile
« Reply #659 on: July 20, 2006, 09:57:35 AM »
'Don' Leo was looking ahead

Opinion by David Nakhid in war-torn Lebanon

Thursday, July 20th 2006

Source: Trinidad Express
[/color]

Trinidad and Tobago's coach Leo Beenhakker listens to the national anthems before their World Cup match against England in Nuremberg, Germany on June 15. PHOTOS: AP

It must be an intrinsic part of the Trinbagonian psyche to find something to laugh or smile about in the most despairing of times, me finding this self evident as I've tried most times to distance myself from things reflective of that same psyche that cultivates apathy, cronyism, pettiness and plain ole corruption.

Allow me some philosophical leeway as I remain confined in relative safety for the moment, compared to the close to 100 innocents who have already passed on to a place surely better than this one.

I smile as I remember the joy of watching in Germany and then from my house in Greece the participation of my country at the world's premier sporting event.

I smiled again albeit with a different motivation as I read the subsequent articles describing our performances by our supposed football experts, most of them inclined to go with the flow of the expected Trinbagonian euphoria, and catering unashamedly to the popular sentiment or the dictatorial mandate.

Our boys fought with heart, grit, determination and discipline, all of which made us proud and the rest of the world surprised, but let's not be cowards. Although these qualities are part of football, they should serve football and not negate it, and Trinbago in all honesty played little or no football of any sustainable measure.

This is no criticism of the players, but surely of the coaching philosophy. It became apparent to quite a few of my colleagues, many of them who I played with in Europe and now aspiring coaches, all of them European, that by the end of the first half of our second game ,that "Don" Leo was coaching for a future contract, and assuredly not with the Trinidad and Tobago Football Federation.

Not to be embarrassed was the obvious philosophy. God forbid that any self respecting international footballer should reach the pinnacle of football aspirations, only to be not embarrassed.

I'm not talking about wanton offensive forays, but the chance to show the world that we too can play football...football. What a cowardly philosophy, exposed ever moreso by allowing "Latas" to play the last 26 minutes of our last game.

How he regrets that decision, believe me as I know Leo much better than you proselytes.

I smiled again (different motivation), as I think of all these idealistic people I had known whom time had withered not only in appearance but in their principles, that I had tried to make the core of my existence.

I thought of the white Trinbagonian from St. Mary's to the National youth team, who once told me that football mirrors life, the generous player on the field will more often than not be the same off of it. The same would apply to the selfish player.

Well, nothing could be more applicable as I later realised, this man of "principle" who defied authority, in his own charismatic way, turning out to be with the passage of time (how I respect you), just another crony albeit of a lighter shade.

He was not alone, so many of my "mentors" falling by the wayside, some for World Cup tickets or access, eh Doc or Baino, or some just wanting that chance to belong or truly help football and end up helping themselves, betraying the ideals they instilled in me as a young or indeed an older footballer. Eh Tiger or Big A. I hope you listen without prejudice and humour me somewhat, for I have been in difficult situations before, but this one has the feel of death, maybe not for me, but certainly those around me.

Evil as I have concluded in my now 42 years of life, does not always take the form of a tyrant or tyrannical behaviour, though there is that, were I to use Israeli actions as an example.

The real evil subtlety induces us to lower our standards, our principles, our morality, where after we no longer seek the excellence in ourselves but we are used to promote the agenda of someone or an organisation for that matter.

We invariably find ourselves doing mediocre things and revelling in mediocrity, convinced that the "ideal" this person or organisation promotes is what really matters.

I know what I have said will fall on deaf ears and open to ridicule...He vex he get fired...blah blah, yeh right! So if that's the case, I thank all of you who instilled in me the ideals that I pray to pass on to my three sons, before time got a hold of you all and made you afraid to remain courageous in spite of the hardships that may bring.

He was not alone, so many of my "mentors" falling by the wayside, some for World Cup tickets or access, eh Doc or Baino, or some just wanting that chance to belong or truly help football and end up helping themselves, betraying the ideals they instilled in me as a young or indeed an older footballer. Eh Tiger or Big A.

he real callout some men dey....which is even more f@#kup. Real sad yes, write yuh article but doh drag other people in it.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2006, 10:01:16 AM by Tongue »

1]; } ?>