April 18, 2024, 03:26:23 PM

Author Topic: The David Nakhid Thread  (Read 170684 times)

Offline doc

• Hero Warrior
  • ...game, set, match.
    • View Profile
Re: Nakhid's take on things....anybody got a dictionary?
« Reply #660 on: July 20, 2006, 10:05:52 AM »

He was not alone, so many of my "mentors" falling by the wayside, some for World Cup tickets or access, eh Doc or Baino, or some just wanting that chance to belong or truly help football and end up helping themselves, betraying the ideals they instilled in me as a young or indeed an older footballer. Eh Tiger or Big A.

he real callout some men dey....which is even more f@#kup. Real sad yes, write yuh article but doh drag other people in it.
Who is the white Trinbagonian from St Mary's  ??? :-\
Live large and prosper!

Offline Disgruntled_Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #661 on: July 20, 2006, 10:15:53 AM »

About the football itself, its easier to be cavalier in the postmortem than be pragmatic in the execution. :devil:

WOW
after looking it up
truer words have never been spoken

Més que un club.

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #662 on: July 20, 2006, 12:08:23 PM »
I think it's indicative of the contradictions in life - one's struggle for morality amidst the corruption that abounds. About the football itself, its easier to be cavalier in the postmortem than be pragmatic in the execution. :devil:

wat de mudda arse is this? doc, you and nahkid share ah desk in school?

ah love it!!

from now on, every time i get in trouble on work, i going and tell them dat!!

ah love it!!
Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #663 on: July 20, 2006, 12:16:59 PM »
Thank u Palos for quoting me I feel honored. I would think that the better we did would mean more lucrative offers even returning to lead Holland. So again Nakhid talkin he usuall dribble.

Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline PEG

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #664 on: July 20, 2006, 12:46:45 PM »
I know Nakhid.  Not well mind you, i was a few years beneath him at Saints and he has not changed.  Sometimes that is a good thing but it this case that is definitely not the case.  Where do I begin.  First, Beenie was not auditioning for a job.  The man's resume speaks for itself and he would have had offers for just taking this team to the WC.  I just wonder who are these players that were going to play this attacking brand of football. Anyway, I done talking aboiut how we play at the WC.  That's boring.  Seemingly everybody could have done it better and they could have taken us second rounds.  Secondly, Nakhid has fallen out everywhere he has been - the Revolution, the Middle East where they jail him, with Gally, with current coach Wim.  I dont know why we listen

Offline Blue

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #665 on: July 20, 2006, 04:54:21 PM »
what is a proselyte?  :rotfl:

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.caribsport01.homestead.com/caribsport.html
« Reply #666 on: July 20, 2006, 05:50:10 PM »
First of all Nak. was a damng good player in his day.

At 36 he was STILL performing.

Secondly Beenie take a mediocre team and had us worrying the likes of England and Sweden.

Thirdly, the one thing I really agree with here is how men willingly sell out dey self, just bec Jack have money, pull or to get easier access to tickets.

Peace,
VB
VITAMIN V...KEEPS THE LADIES HEALTHY...:-)

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #667 on: July 20, 2006, 06:03:31 PM »
Thirdly, the one thing I really agree with here is how men willingly sell out dey self, just bec Jack have money, pull or to get easier access to tickets.

Or to get an assistant coach position   :-X

Offline Jefferz

• "hopelessly faithful"
  • Hero Warrior
  • Warrior Nation Member #44
    • View Profile
    • facebook.com
« Reply #668 on: July 20, 2006, 08:42:08 PM »
Chineese opium has obviously made its way as far west as Lebanon.
since ah born or at least circa Copa Caribe

Offline Tongue

• Hero Warrior
  • Blue is the Colour.....Chelsea Chelsea Chelsea
    • View Profile
« Reply #669 on: July 20, 2006, 10:13:24 PM »
First of all Nak. was a damng good player in his day.

At 36 he was STILL performing.

Secondly Beenie take a mediocre team and had us worrying the likes of England and Sweden.

Peace,
VB

Wha men yuh talking about? Not dem who name he call ah hope....

Offline football king

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #670 on: July 20, 2006, 11:20:05 PM »
few points
-we did not play 'football' in the WC we defend and had like .003% possession and no attack no offensive ideas coming outta midfield until the last 20 of the paraguay game
-we hustle we tail off but the game involves more than just that
-latapy shoulda played more
-some man sell they soul to ttff-this has been true for so many years and we all know it
I agree with the man
and to say nahkid wasn't a good player is just madness-matter of fact if he was there in 89 then germany would have been at least our 2nd WC

Yo he shock meh with like 2 of them names , if they are the folks i think he is referring to.
Nahkid like attention and men reaction to this article is exactly what he loves.  He probably going back tt real soon just to stir thing up even more.

Offline whayuhsay

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #671 on: July 21, 2006, 12:26:33 AM »
Whether it is Gally, Nakid or any local (like allyuh did when they played/coached), all yuh could do was mash them orp...

Allyuh call allyuhself Trinis to de bone but I see many on this board as a bunch of disloyal fakers/phu*uers.

How can you watch a man like Latapy who dedicate over 20 years to TnT be disrespected the way he was (allyuh shut up and sit down and hail massa)and say the European (after a few months) know what he was doing.

After 3 games, Bertille had 1 point....  After 3 games Beenie had three points...  Yorke then beg Latapy to return...  After 4 games with Latapy, we gained 9 points...  Yet allyuh still claiming Beenie was the savior...

But as every artist in TnT, whether musician, or athlete, yuh here today and gone tomorrow.

Beenhakker is de luckiest b!tch I ever see, de only coach to have 3.5 CONCACAF spots to work with, de only coach who Trini fraid to criticize, wuss yet de only coach to leave de World Cup whose team left as the only team to not score a goal and then be anoited a hero...

De only coach who getting paid by 2 countries and now have his assistant as head coach...

De only coach who knew up front that Latapy initially wanted to play the part of player/assistant coach and then embarrass TnT's greatest hero on de world stage and get away with it so that his assistant will be promoted to head coach...

Every other coach who grace TnT, particularly Local, all man could do is mash dem orp, now nobody could even dare question Beenie's tactics, else yuh muddah, faddah and chirren getten cuss...

Allyuh sick no arse, I never see a bunch ah arse lickers like allyuh, I am a man who respect 20 years of service and will never accept some phu*uing foreigner to disrespect our hero de way Beenie did and all ah allyuh who love to defend Beenhakker could say was dat Latas too old, Luis Figo was 37 and Latapy was 37, and the world has seen against Paraguay dat Latapy can still work magic...

Sad to say but de roots people in Trini know de truth and agree dat Beenie phu*ue up and benefit his own, is only allyuh internet-savvy-feel-allyuh-superior-cornts who love tuh kiss arse... sick phu*uers

Allyuh European Arse lickers, haul yuh muddahs cornt!

Beenhakker get away with murder and den de jackarse gov't give him a Chaconia medal after paying hundreds of thousands of US dollars....   

If dis is not a clear cut case of colonial brainwashing, I doh know what is...

« Last Edit: July 21, 2006, 12:38:36 AM by whayuhsay »

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.caribsport01.homestead.com/caribsport.html
« Reply #672 on: July 21, 2006, 03:35:41 AM »
Whereas most of us agree that Latas should have played more...beenie has given his logic on that situation.

How many of us would have brought on Cornell when avery got a red card? The man did what he thought was best...but he lapse with the Latas issue.

NOW! Bertille had one pt after three games...with TWO games at home.

Beenie had one pt. after 3 games, with two on the road. One was agains Mex where we played with 10 men for a long period of time and got praise for our brave effort. When last TT get praised when playing in mex.

Now I eh licking no white man ass...but let's analyse how things happen rather than say 1 pt after three games like is the same kettle of fish.

In all fairness to Bertille he had some new players vs CR that weren't there vs. the STates.

But anybody who can't see how we improved with Beenie is a damn ass.

Yes we were very defensive...but we are a limited team, and the man ensured we got minimum cut ass whilst still playing a good tactical game.

How many teams that don't dominate possession get the praise we did at the WC? The man took a team with deficiencies and made us into a UNIT.

U think he WANTED to be dat defensive, he was working with what we give him. Defensive minded men, doh bring on strker when you only have 10 men.

Peace,
VB
VITAMIN V...KEEPS THE LADIES HEALTHY...:-)

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #673 on: July 21, 2006, 05:00:39 AM »
I would not go so far to agree with you, whayuhsay, but i must admit that you have some very very good points!! and for the record, figo is not 37, he and yorke are the same age, they are 33.

Everyone knows that latas should have played more, and i truly believe that latas was disrespected.

nice points from vb too!

ah love it!!
Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

Offline football king

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #674 on: July 21, 2006, 05:37:23 AM »

Every other coach who grace TnT, particularly Local, all man could do is mash dem orp, now nobody could even dare question Beenie's tactics, else yuh muddah, faddah and chirren getten cuss.

whayuhsay u may be right here this has seemed to be true recently.

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #675 on: July 21, 2006, 06:45:52 AM »

I really don't see how 20 years of dedication have anything to do with selecting a team to get the best possible result.

U don't pick a team out of nostalgia.

Why allyuh doh criticize Latas for smoking even when we were preparing for the biggest football event in our history.
Eh?
Becuase he is allyuh hero he immune from criticism?
I doh hold no grouse with him choosing to do what he want at his age...he already achieve plenty but he is a big man and know the impact of that decision.

And to say we don't criticize foreign coaches is a farse...if not a bold faced lie.  Leo must be the only coach who survive de criticism and guess what....it was purely because of results....nothing else.

If u seeing him as a colonial master you need to free your mind.

Offline ribbit

• Hero Warrior
  • T & T We Want A Goal !
    • View Profile
« Reply #676 on: July 21, 2006, 07:43:42 AM »
whayuhsay, ah forget .... who bring beenie on board again? who make that decision? was it beenie that bring heself to sweet t&t and force bsc out of the team? ah sure there was some european massa that was behind all dis.

steups.

Offline Jayerson

• Hero Warrior
  • Gunners for life
    • View Profile
« Reply #677 on: July 21, 2006, 07:56:53 AM »
Correct me if I'm wrong, didn't Latapy look average and looked his age against the Costa Rica game in CR and against Bahrain here in ourown backyard. Sweden and England are no CR and Bahrain. Latapy was the oldest outfield player in the WC. No disrespect to Latapy but you can't compare him with Luis Figo who has far more experience at the highest level than Latapy not to mention he is 4 years younger than Latapy and takes care of his body.

Bigger players than Latapy have been benched at the WC.
Now back to the defensive tactics, I think many of us think our team are better than they really are. We lost to Wales, Slovenia, Czech Rep, conceeding 8 goals in the process. We went out and attacked for one game and we conceeded two and scored none.

A defensive, counter attacking option was the ONLY option for us. Had Glenn's goal been two inches lower and Stern's shot not been cleard by Terry different remarks would have been said.

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #678 on: July 21, 2006, 08:08:32 AM »
few points
-we did not play 'football' in the WC we defend and had like .003% possession and no attack no offensive ideas coming outta midfield until the last 20 of the paraguay game
-we hustle we tail off but the game involves more than just that
-latapy shoulda played more
-some man sell they soul to ttff-this has been true for so many years and we all know it
I agree with the man
and to say nahkid wasn't a good player is just madness-matter of fact if he was there in 89 then germany would have been at least our 2nd WC

Yo he shock meh with like 2 of them names , if they are the folks i think he is referring to.
Nahkid like attention and men reaction to this article is exactly what he loves.  He probably going back tt real soon just to stir thing up even more.

According to FIFA :

Trinidad 0                 Sweden 0

Shots                      6                              18
On Target                2                               6
Fouls                       10                             9
Possession               40 %                         60 %

England 2                Trinidad 0

Shots                        23                         7           
On Target                   8                         3
Fouls                          15                        19
Possession                   62                        38

Trinidad 0             Paraguay 2

Shots                         9                      16
On Target                  2                        9
Fouls                         21                      18
Possesion                   47                      53

It should be noted that this is only game that some say we attacked the opposition
I should also add that we came closer to scoring against England and Sweden than against Paraguay.

« Last Edit: July 21, 2006, 08:13:56 AM by Jah Gol »

Offline duscam

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #679 on: July 21, 2006, 08:30:54 AM »
BIG PLAYERS STEP UP IN BIG GAMES AS EVIDENCED BY THE FIRST GUATEMALA GAME- which we needed to win. Anybody who think that Mr. Latapy wouldah shat down himself at the World Cup is an arse...and when you have the likes of Theobold- who for me was just running around the field looking lost starting on yuh squad...then to me you have been disrespected......Dont know if anybody else saw this but in the paraguay game when glenn went down and Dwight saw that Latas wasnt coming on how he reacted on the field...you would entertain a conspiracy theory that there was a little power struggle going on there...
Now you know the term when you find a jackass ride it? Well Beenie just left us to go to Poland and set himself up whereby if he fail, he could waltz right back in after 2 years and we will take him back with open arms...and just to make sure- he leave he partner in charge..Those fellas looking after each other first- and then the state of TNT football..always remember - they have no reason to have an allegance to TNT beside CASH. C.R.E.A.M. and if I was getting a million for leading a team to the world cup, You bet yuh bottom dollar I would leave that door open...
With that said I hope Vim earns his money...And i wish TNT football the best...but remember, just like you rjob and mine They have their internal power stuggles, sides and everything else that does go on in everyday life...
And lastly Beenie aint no saint, we have just chosen to overlook and underscutinize- but as a tru trini would say we doh care cause
"WE REACH"

Offline Jayerson

• Hero Warrior
  • Gunners for life
    • View Profile
« Reply #680 on: July 21, 2006, 08:54:56 AM »
BIG PLAYERS STEP UP IN BIG GAMES AS EVIDENCED BY THE FIRST GUATEMALA GAME- which we needed to win. Anybody who think that Mr. Latapy wouldah shat down himself at the World Cup is an arse...and when you have the likes of Theobold- who for me was just running around the field looking lost starting on yuh squad...then to me you have been disrespected......Dont know if anybody else saw this but in the paraguay game when glenn went down and Dwight saw that Latas wasnt coming on how he reacted on the field...you would entertain a conspiracy theory that there was a little power struggle going on there...
Now you know the term when you find a jackass ride it? Well Beenie just left us to go to Poland and set himself up whereby if he fail, he could waltz right back in after 2 years and we will take him back with open arms...and just to make sure- he leave he partner in charge..Those fellas looking after each other first- and then the state of TNT football..always remember - they have no reason to have an allegance to TNT beside CASH. C.R.E.A.M. and if I was getting a million for leading a team to the world cup, You bet yuh bottom dollar I would leave that door open...
With that said I hope Vim earns his money...And i wish TNT football the best...but remember, just like you rjob and mine They have their internal power stuggles, sides and everything else that does go on in everyday life...
And lastly Beenie aint no saint, we have just chosen to overlook and underscutinize- but as a tru trini would say we doh care cause
"WE REACH"

So you're saying that the Guatemala game was the only big game. The Bahrain playoff game wasn't a big game ??? Having said that, I too thought Latapy could have come on against England at the 70th or 75th minute to help us keep possession a bit. For me, I'm not sure if Latapy could have handled the pace and physical nature of the Swedes. After the Paraguay, I had Australians, Germans and Scots coming up to me asking why didn't the coach bring on the # 10 earlier because he was the best player on the pitch. I agreed. But to think the coach set out to disrespect Latapy or sabotage the team is absolutely absurd. The players have nothing but respect for the coach and generallt agreed with the tactics he employed.

At the end of the day, if we want to see us playing attacking football against good European teams, we need more players playing at a higher level in Europe week in, week out.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #681 on: July 21, 2006, 09:03:39 AM »
Beenie is not the only coach that had to qualify with a playoff the great Uraguay lost to Australia on PK's.

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #682 on: July 21, 2006, 09:09:43 AM »
The players have nothing but respect for the coach and generallt agreed with the tactics he employed.

People purposely overlooking that fact or they know something we don't (unlikely).

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #683 on: July 21, 2006, 09:13:28 AM »
"WE REACH"

So you're saying that the Guatemala game was the only big game. The Bahrain playoff game wasn't a big game ??? Having said that, I too thought Latapy could have come on against England at the 70th or 75th minute to help us keep possession a bit. For me, I'm not sure if Latapy could have handled the pace and physical nature of the Swedes. After the Paraguay, I had Australians, Germans and Scots coming up to me asking why didn't the coach bring on the # 10 earlier because he was the best player on the pitch. I agreed. But to think the coach set out to disrespect Latapy or sabotage the team is absolutely absurd. The players have nothing but respect for the coach and generallt agreed with the tactics he employed.

At the end of the day, if we want to see us playing attacking football against good European teams, we need more players playing at a higher level in Europe week in, week out.

I thought this was common knowledge but one of the problems we as Trinidadians have is a lack of objectivity. I don't have a problem with criticising the coach but it must come from the facts presented not from people losing their minds and claiming conspiracy theories. I like you agree that Latapy should have come on the last 15 minutes of the England game but the claims about us not playing football or attacking as we should are absurd. We are not good enough yet and we played to the best of our abilities against these teams. 1 poster compared Trinidad to Ghana. It is a most illogical comparision.  Ghana's players are starters the some of the best leagues in the world (Italy,England, Germany). We hoping for Carlos to get a EPL buy. Steups. World Cup done it is time for us to settle down to the grass roots development of the game to produce better players and thereby better teams.

Offline football king

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #684 on: July 21, 2006, 09:25:49 AM »
Nahkid never say we shoulda gone out guns blazing pin we ears back and attack but he expected some more going forward than what we did and i agree with him.
If we wrong and other people see it different then so be it
i think yeah be defensive smart and tight at the back but  more time we hold the ball and outside our defensive 3rd less chance of conceeding a goal.
Is that beenie fault? i don't know.

Offline spideybuff

• Hero Warrior
  • Certant omnes sed non omnibus palma
    • View Profile
« Reply #685 on: July 21, 2006, 09:30:34 AM »
Everyman entitled to his opinion and Nahkid may have gone overboard, but he is quite correct, in my opinion. Beenie went out there with no faith in the team, just in his tactics. And the comment that Nahkid made about him regretting putting Latapy on for the last match I agree with, because it exposed his flaws. He never allowed the players play, he ensured that what was on display at the world stage was his tactics and abilities in getting these players to adhere to them.

However, I disagree with Nahkid in that i don't think he was playing for a contract but it was more along the lines of distrust.Basically the same mentality that he couldn't trust the players to express themselves within the designated structure (like we were doign all along) so instead he just took away all chances of errors by eliminating that. I could be naive, as Nahkid say he know beenie better than all of us (which is true) but he definitely showcased his own abilities as a coach more than the players were allowed to showcase their abilities and Trinidad's ability.

I know most of you in foreign but it have a video on synergy about ''Latapy, u mnake me so happy'' and at the end of the video the man had a snippet of an interview with Latas. Latas say " The only thing he wants out of the World Cup is that we go there and show them how trinis play football and stay true to our attacking nature."' Beenie deny the man his one wish.

We caught up in the euphoria of the Sweden performance still but seriously, all Beenie brought to the team was a level of professionalism and structure. he gave us the building blocks and hopefully he can build on them, but we shouldn't act like he is our saviour. Seriously, any coach of his stature would have brought that to us and in 2 years time, if Poland are out of the European Championship qualifying for playing boring football and drawign too many games, I hope we as a ppl not still praising Beenie blindly and casting aside all criticism without at least seeing there is some truth in it
You either die the hero or live long enough to become the villain

Offline football king

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #686 on: July 21, 2006, 09:31:53 AM »
but jah gol u r right  :beermug:
onto the future. wim and the others and to better players good youths coming through and many more WCups.

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #687 on: July 21, 2006, 10:38:45 AM »
Everyman entitled to his opinion and Nahkid may have gone overboard, but he is quite correct, in my opinion. Beenie went out there with no faith in the team, just in his tactics. And the comment that Nahkid made about him regretting putting Latapy on for the last match I agree with, because it exposed his flaws. He never allowed the players play, he ensured that what was on display at the world stage was his tactics and abilities in getting these players to adhere to them.

However, I disagree with Nahkid in that i don't think he was playing for a contract but it was more along the lines of distrust.Basically the same mentality that he couldn't trust the players to express themselves within the designated structure (like we were doign all along) so instead he just took away all chances of errors by eliminating that. I could be naive, as Nahkid say he know beenie better than all of us (which is true) but he definitely showcased his own abilities as a coach more than the players were allowed to showcase their abilities and Trinidad's ability.

I know most of you in foreign but it have a video on synergy about ''Latapy, u mnake me so happy'' and at the end of the video the man had a snippet of an interview with Latas. Latas say " The only thing he wants out of the World Cup is that we go there and show them how trinis play football and stay true to our attacking nature."' Beenie deny the man his one wish.

We caught up in the euphoria of the Sweden performance still but seriously, all Beenie brought to the team was a level of professionalism and structure. he gave us the building blocks and hopefully he can build on them, but we shouldn't act like he is our saviour. Seriously, any coach of his stature would have brought that to us and in 2 years time, if Poland are out of the European Championship qualifying for playing boring football and drawign too many games, I hope we as a ppl not still praising Beenie blindly and casting aside all criticism without at least seeing there is some truth in it

Which one of those games were we able to "express ouselves"? I would invite the Beenie detractors to review those games and tell me which 1 would we have had the time and space to express ourselves? We played defend and counter attack in the first 2 games and even then we still left enough space at the back for England and Sweden to create a bag of chances only for Shaka to put down a miraculous save or for Crouch or Owen to miss. I don't understand what you mean about a coach not trusting his players. The coach organised his team as best as he could the face the teams we played. If we played the type of football you are talking about we would have been humiliated. As I said earlier we tried to possess the ball and play positively so I don't know where this talk about us not playing football is coming from.

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #688 on: July 21, 2006, 10:41:56 AM »
some questions...
If BeenE was still all good and all that great experience would he have been coaching in the Mexican League ? Did he leave a winning team to come coach us ? But would any other coach available, local or otherwise, get the same amount accomplished as far as Organization, structure, and just plain ole getting things done, as BeenE did ? So in the final analysis, did BeenE do the Job?
What is Wim big credentials to win the present coaching job ? Was there a list, long or short?
Does everyone think Latapy is ah borse and should have been played more and before by BeenE ? What did Latapy say when first asked to come back ? Didn't he refused to play for St. Clair ? Wasn't  it the same for Whitley?  Didn't Nakhid also praised and promote BeenE ? Didn't BSC have Nakhid & Yorke operating in asst. coaches roles as senior players ? Didn't every body throw they support behind BeenE, including Latapy, which nuthen wrong with, but why ppl crying now when BeenE made the hard decisions that others(like BsC) didn't want to or maybe couldn't make ? If ppl make dey bed, should other ppl lie in it, ala Latapy, and everybody else who have a problem now?
Would Wim have refused ah live like a King advisory role, with possibilty of promotion, instead of ah Live like ah King coaching role, with surety bs talk of demotion ?
Does BeenE and Clan think that they could take advatage of how we like to fight down and cuss up each other and how we have money to throw way behind all dream projects could possibly work in their favor?

If ah man make ah statement, that if he make anudda statement then he go get cuss,cause everybody except he chupid, then he makes the statement, cusses everybody, and calls them so and so's, isn't he ah chupid so & so too?

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #689 on: July 21, 2006, 12:36:35 PM »
I agree with most of what Nakhid said. We did not play good football at the WC, but it was the best fooball we have ever played. As he rightly said we lowered our standard to accept what was presented to us. It's kinda like being at a bar and it about to close. Head nice and all of a sudden the ugly gyul in the corner start to look kinda good, it's similar.

One thing we have to understand as supporters, TRINIDAD and TOBAGO has no style of football. If you disagree explain to me how do we play? Yeah, Latas will light up the middle, but usually the end result is naught. Beenhaker method with our team was that of coaching a youth team. He's (Leo) smart and as Nakhid said he played to look good.  Restrictions, restrictions, restrictions, thats how you get youth players to do what you want them to do. Any sensible coach could have seen the deficiencies of our team. No methodology of play.

Our style and flare of attacking....my arse, and put the Ball where in the stand? The best midfield we could have had at the WC would have gone like this, Nakhid, Birchall and Latapy.....figure it out. As supporters who wants to see the advancement of football in T&T, we need to put the emotional, nostalgic feeling aside and see what is, not what was.   "The moment we want to believe in something we suddenly see all the arguments for it and becomes blind to those against it."

Remember, to criticise is not to dislike.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

1]; } ?>