April 26, 2024, 09:53:27 PM

Author Topic: The David Nakhid Thread  (Read 172845 times)

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: David Nakhid backs Soca Warriors.
« Reply #720 on: October 12, 2006, 09:23:56 AM »
Really I thought he would have sided with his best buddy Jack.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #721 on: October 12, 2006, 10:12:04 AM »

What happen to the legal action he was supposed to be taking against JW.

Offline kounty

• Hero Warrior
  • Truthfulness is brighter than the light of the sun
    • View Profile
« Reply #722 on: October 12, 2006, 10:18:16 AM »
ah listening to the same set of dummies who was talking about nakhid spying and always talking a set of sh!t about the man.  carry on.

Offline davyjenny

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Palos wey yuh !
« Reply #723 on: October 14, 2006, 07:12:04 PM »
In Warner's biography, From Zero To Hero, the FIFA vice-president credited Nakhid for the recruitment of Beenhakker who once coached him in Switzerland.
The difference between the possible and
the impossible lies in a person determination

Offline Sando

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Nakhid endorses Beenhakker as one of the best ever
« Reply #724 on: July 24, 2007, 08:23:41 AM »
I red where David Nakhid is head coach of Lebanese club Al Mabarah FC. He just sign Peter Prosper (37) on a one year contract with the option of a 2 year deal.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2007, 08:31:59 AM by Flex »

Offline FireBrand

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Nakhid endorses Beenhakker as one of the best ever
« Reply #725 on: July 24, 2007, 08:57:10 AM »
Prosper to hang up boots in Lebanon...as Petrotrin feels the pinch.       
By: Randy Bando (ttproleague.com).

United Petrotrin will have to do without their inform striker Peter Prosper for the rest of the season, after he left Trinidad last Thursday to pick up a one year contract with Lebanese First Division club Al Mabarah FC.
Prosper’s premature exit from the Pro League club to join Al Mabarah in time for their 07/08 pre-season is already proving to be a crucial loss to Coach Brian Williams, as his team failed to find the back of the net against Caledonia and lost 0-1.
Following his teams’ loss on the weekend, Williams told ‘ttproleague.com’ Prosper would certainly be missed.
“He(Prosper) is a great forward. He has done so much for us in the little time that he has been with us this season. He is no longer with us now and that’s a loss, but we would continue to try and find someone who can replace him,” said the Petrotrin Coach.
Prosper who donned Jabloteh’s colours last season helped the Oilmen scoring four goals in his short stay after joining the club back in June when he returned to Trinidad after serving a two month contract with Al Mabarah FC.
The former Trinidad and Tobago international is looking to end his lengthy career with the Lebanese club.
Prior to his departure Prosper told ‘ttproleague.com’, “I am going back out to Lebanon and I am going to end it there. The manager of the club has always been in contact with me and he wants me to return to the club,” explained the former San Juan Jabloteh player.
Prosper who had previously spent seven years before in Lebanon with First Division club Al Ansar between 1997 and 2004 says there may be the possibility of him playing longer than his one-year contract with the Lebanese club.
He went on to add, “The manager of the team(Al Mabarah FC) wanted me to sign a two year contract with the club, but I have to take it one step at a time. I am turning 37 very soon, so I would only agree on one year and see how it goes before signing another. My time is coming to and end as a player.”
Al Mabarah is coached by former T&T international David Nakid who was responsible for Prosper’s Lebanese contract.
Prosper who represented T&T both at the U-23 and senior levels helped Al Mabarah climb from sixth position to third in the League within the two months he played at the club earlier this year.
The former T&T international is considering getting into coaching locally after his playing days comes to an end.
“What’s next for me?” he said in deliberation, “I’m thinking of getting into coaching afterwards. Football is what I have always been exposed to and I think that I have learned a lot. It’s now up to me to pass on what I have learned to the younger ones,” he concluded.
Al Mabarah without the services of Peter Prosper were knocked out in the semifinals of the Lebanese FA Cup back in June. They lost 3-2 against his former club Al Ansar FC.
Warrior Nation Member At Large

Offline kaisocagoals

• Supportin' T&T Football,... raise yuh head!... let the ball do the running!
  • Sr. Warrior
  • Goals Win Matches!
    • View Profile
Where is...
« Reply #726 on: October 19, 2008, 04:10:13 PM »
David Nakhid?...
a minute in football is a very long time...

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Where is...
« Reply #727 on: October 19, 2008, 07:39:42 PM »
Happy wherever he is we done have enough chaos no need 2 add more 2 d pot
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline morvant

• warrior nation member
  • Hero Warrior
  • malick till i die
    • View Profile
« Reply #728 on: October 19, 2008, 07:41:01 PM »
last i heard he was technical director in bahrain
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

Offline E-man

• Hero Warrior
  • Support all Warriors. Red, White and Blacklisted.
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
« Reply #729 on: October 19, 2008, 08:10:31 PM »

Offline Anbrat

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #730 on: October 19, 2008, 08:12:51 PM »
Happy wherever he is we done have enough chaos no need 2 add more 2 d pot

True dat!  ;D

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #731 on: October 19, 2008, 09:03:07 PM »
Leave meh boy alone please.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline vale

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #732 on: October 19, 2008, 09:55:31 PM »
Nakhid have he own site?!!!

??? ??? ???

What the world coming to!!!

Anyway, nice to know he around somewhere in the world.

Offline Cocorite

• Hero Warrior
  • John 5:24
    • View Profile
« Reply #733 on: October 19, 2008, 10:48:00 PM »
I wish he was doing that in T&T.

Socawarriors Need A Winning Mentality

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #734 on: October 19, 2008, 11:20:33 PM »
U really eh like d country if u wish Nakhid was around. D fella is trouble wit a capital T whereever he is God speed

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #735 on: October 20, 2008, 01:32:39 AM »
Wham weary, he trouble yuh or wha?

Offline kaisocagoals

• Sr. Warrior
  • Goals Win Matches!
    • View Profile
« Reply #736 on: October 20, 2008, 04:32:22 AM »
thanks for the link E-man :beermug:

(it might be a l'il bit too early for that beer tho...)

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #737 on: October 20, 2008, 07:27:38 AM »
U really eh like d country if u wish Nakhid was around. D fella is trouble wit a capital T whereever he is God speed

Nah Weary that is not true. The man don't stand for no BS.

He would have been great for our youths in T&T. He has been our most technical and truest CMF I have ever seen and should be part of the technical team.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #738 on: October 20, 2008, 07:56:42 AM »

Nah Weary that is not true. The man don't stand for no BS.

He would have been great for our youths in T&T. He has been our most technical and truest CMF I have ever seen and should be part of the technical team.

Full agreement! Just have a look at his website & you will see that what Nakhid is doing abroad is exactly what we need in T&T so we can start grooming our future Yorkes, Latapys & Nakhids from our youngsters.
The fact that we still have to call on Yorke & Latapy at this stage of their careers to help save our WC qualification campaign says a lot about our lack of proper youth football development in T&T.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2008, 08:04:41 AM by Socapro »
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline Weh-it-is

• Hero Warrior
  • Football is Rhythm. Yeah is Me Hammer!
    • View Profile
« Reply #739 on: October 20, 2008, 09:44:17 AM »
http://www.davidnakhid.net/

He training thee Tahliban and them. (ah joking) ;D Good to see thee man teaching people the game. Bless up...he Kinda reminds me of Jah Lilly White.
The ball is like a magnet if you continue to knock it…it will attract, and then you can attack.  Get it?

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #740 on: October 20, 2008, 12:49:00 PM »
I thou take no BS niether d man I am sure is happy where he is left him dey what he doin nobody else in TNT can do?

Offline kaisocagoals

• Sr. Warrior
  • Goals Win Matches!
    • View Profile
« Reply #741 on: October 20, 2008, 01:14:16 PM »
I thou take no BS niether d man I am sure is happy where he is left him dey what he doin nobody else in TNT can do?

didn't mean to start a row with this post...

but I will say this... we need ALL of our best heads and hearts... to fill EVERY capacity... for the future of (what I like to call) T&T Football.

Offline Sando

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Latest from Nakhid..
« Reply #742 on: May 29, 2009, 07:40:38 AM »
Wonder where is Nakhid now ?

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #743 on: May 29, 2009, 08:25:55 AM »
Busy running his academy: http://www.davidnakhid.net/
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #744 on: May 29, 2009, 08:28:08 AM »

Offline E-man

• Hero Warrior
  • Support all Warriors. Red, White and Blacklisted.
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
« Reply #745 on: May 29, 2009, 08:33:05 AM »
not the lastest, but something I found from 1999

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #746 on: May 29, 2009, 08:36:45 AM »
allyuh'n diggin the school kit ?

Offline christiano

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #747 on: May 29, 2009, 10:41:23 AM »
Busy running his academy: http://www.davidnakhid.net/
http://www.davidnakhid.net/

There was a general consensus among the Coaches of their age group, especially the Scottish and Italian contingents that our boys offered the best football on display, and the performances of Abbass Suleiman, Panagiotis Nakhid, Ahmad Khatib, Afif Baadarani, Omar Jarrah and Mohamad Khreibani were noteworthy.

Is this his kid ?

Offline Fyzoman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #748 on: May 29, 2009, 07:08:28 PM »
looking at all de pics on the site ah just ha to shake meh head yes....November 1989, ah lord.
"Practice is the best of all instructors"

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
Nakhid: Its about playing, not winning.
« Reply #749 on: July 23, 2011, 05:03:20 AM »
Nakhid: Its about playing, not winning.
By Kenny Laurie (The Daily Star).

Animosity has divided the two parties – one side sees itself as the owner of football in Lebanon, decrying academies as mere business ventures while the other bemoans the other’s lack of organization and professionalism.

“We know how they operate,” Nakhid says. “[The Lebanese Under 13 national team] played a game against our under 13s before they traveled to a tournament in Qatar, we beat them 4-1 and they asked us for four players. They must know about us, [all our age groups beat everyone.] That’s not a way to work.

They are still angry with me and I understand but we will not let them go in those circumstances. If they were organized as they should be they would have looked at these players. It’s not fair to our players and not fair to their players.

“There is a huge pool that they are neglecting.

“Why are we so much more organized than the national team when we travel? They travel with 22 players; we have 134, much more complicated logistics than them and we handle it much better, why is that? It’s all about the work and having football at the heart.”

Nakhid has made attempts to bridge the gap and continues his quest to find a way to integrate his teams into regular competitive football that can be seen around the country.

“We had them play in the second division a couple of years ago. We got a license to play but the problem with the second division is that it is disorganized and can be violent.

“A lot of our kids were in high school and a lot of times we played games and I was scared for me, so you can imagine how scared [for my players] I was.

“We scrapped that idea.”

His new idea is very similar just one level higher.

“You need to play every weekend to stay competitive. What we are thinking about is getting a first division license, it will be less violent and fewer conspiracies involved because it’s more in the open. It won’t happen this year but it might happen next year.”

Regardless of how DNA teams fare in local competition – they compete regularly in friendly matches with the country’s senior sides, and rarely lose – it is in the international arena where the academy has flourished.

“All we can do is take them out as much as we can, to play in Barcelona, London to keep them competitive.”

“Most of our first team are 20 or under so we have time.”

“What we do, we try to get them as much exposure in international tournaments. We first went to Como in Italy, we went to San Marino, tournaments that were at a good level but not the highest level and then began to go to the Welsh Cup and now we are at the pinnacle, the MIC Tournament in Barcelona and the boys [did] very well at all levels. That’s the only way, no one is going to come to Lebanon to look for players.

“You can see the way they play football here and the state of the national team.

“We have had a few players [attract interest], we have a player going off to play a tournament in Belgium with Standard Leige, we have players with a lot of talent, they just need to be seen more often. They travel and we play against high end competition,” he says.

“Barcelona, Man United, Tottenham. We beat Tottenham 2-1, Reading beat us 2-1 but they played some professionals. The Reading coach spoke to me afterward and was quite [interested] to have a relationship with us, he thought we were the national team.”

“We have played against Brescia in a game that Bob Al-Hajj went crazy and the Brescia players were holding him up after, our boys have done quite well.”

Interest has already come in from all corners of Europe.”

“We have a player who Tottenham showed a lot of interest called Abbas Sleiman, he has been with us since 2007 and he made quite an impression in England. I’m sure he will be one of the players to play in Europe.

“You just need to keep getting them exposed, teams keep getting better and we just need to keep up with them,” Nakhid says.

It’s about playing, not winning:

Pass and move, pass and move. The philosophy at the David Nakhid Academy (DNA) is quite simple.“To understand the game and to play good football,” Nakhid tells The Daily Star while surrounded by a throng of enthusiastic teenagers.

“It’s all about the work, it’s about what you prioritize. We hold up Barcelona and Arsenal as a model to copy for our players. They have to be humble to take what we give to them. To play good football, you can’t cheat, you have to play both sides of the ball.”

It is a system that has taken time to bear fruit, but fresh from 2-1 win over Premier League Tottenham Hotspur’s Under 19’s team, Nakhid has reason to be happy with himself and the faith in his philosophies.

Over 100 young players practice at the Mabarrah playing fields in Beirut, enduring stifling temperatures, during the summer training camp. Almost every child is comfortable with the ball at this feet, plays with his head in the air scanning for options and player movement is constant creating fast paced, whirlwind football. And that is just how Nakhid likes it.

“We teach them that [passing football] is the most important thing,” says Nakhid, “It is not about winning, we are an academy we are about developing players. It’s my duty to see that when a player does not understand the game when he comes in [to the academy], that when he leaves he can play football. That means it’s definitely not about winning. We used to get our butts kicked quite a lot but now we beat everyone and we beat them playing good football.”

The former Trinidad and Tobago midfielder finished his playing career with Ansar at the turn of the century, since then he has made his mission to produce good Lebanese footballers.

“We went to Barcelona we played 40 or 50 teams and I didn’t see anyone as talented as the Lebanese players. The Lebanese are genuinely talented but it comes down to the work.

“I set it up here, I have my family and things are going well, it’s a logical conclusion.”

Nakhid’s academy is not the only one in Lebanon. On the contrary many of the country’s best young players are housed in private academies rather than in professional league club’s centers of excellence.

“The clubs see academies as a nuisance, and they think we are taking their best players.

“There’s a reason people pay for us, they are sure they will learn something. It’s for the clubs to sort it out, not us. We have the best coaches in Lebanon and its shows, look at our players. The clubs are too drawn along sectarian lines. I don’t know where [my players] are from and I don’t care, I want to see what he can do on the field. It was not like that when I first came, I thought I was in Europe again.”

So why do players come to his academy instead of others’?

“The academies to be honest are purely business. You see the way they play and they way they do business, they’re all about winning to try and keep the parents happy and the students happy. We have played against teams that have no idea how to play, they aren’t concerned, they tell them to get out there and win. When we began we lost, if we win then great but I’m not happy with a win unless we play good football. It’s important that people can leave here and say I learned at DNA, I know how to play football, I understand football.”

While the success of academies in Lebanon is a great source of encouragement – teams from DNA and rivals ASA regularly take young Lebanese abroad to play top opposition, often beating their more illustrious opponents – an underlying problem still lies between Lebanon’s best footballers and the country’s administrative body.

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

1]; } ?>