April 26, 2024, 05:50:10 AM

Author Topic: The David Nakhid Thread  (Read 172677 times)

truetrini

Re: Nahkid on Bahrain technical staff ??
« Reply #270 on: October 23, 2005, 07:54:46 PM »
allyuh good we

Offline Solo

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: October 23, 2005, 07:57:04 PM »
 ;D nice

elan talkin so much crap deh man mekking Davy Jenny statement (about Jack making sober comments) look a Ph.D thesis

truetrini

« Reply #272 on: October 23, 2005, 07:58:24 PM »
;D nice

elan talkin so much crap deh man mekking Davy Jenny statement (about Jack making sober comments) look a Ph.D thesis

hear nah wey de arse is dave jenny?

He ups and disappear :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Offline Mr Mc

• Hero Warrior
  • Take pride in yuh side!! Vibes it Up!!!
    • View Profile
    • Trini Jungle Juice
The David Nakhid Thread
« Reply #273 on: October 23, 2005, 08:58:07 PM »
David Nakhid: No help for Bahrian.
By: Lasana Liburd (Express).
[/size]

Former Trinidad and Tobago national football team captain David Nakhid yesterday denied any approach from the Bahrain Football Association (BFA) to spy on his homeland for next month's crucial 2006 World Cup qualifiers between the two countries.
However, Nakhid, an employee of the Trinidad and Tobago Football Federation (T&TFF) for much of their World Cup campaign, admitted that he already accepted an offer to coach Bahrain's national under-20 squad and oversee their youth programme.
Nakhid claimed to have insisted on one condition. He would have nothing to do with the Bahrain senior team until the completion of their qualifying schedule.
Trinidad and Tobago tackle Bahrain in home and away qualifying fixtures on November 12 and 16. The winner alone would advance to the Germany showcase tournament.
The 41-year-old Nakhid, who was fired by the Trinidad and Tobago Football Federation (T&TFF) via email on October 15, made no secret of his bias for next month's vital play-off match.
"I want Trinidad and Tobago to qualify," said Nakhid, who represented T&T as a player in three qualifying campaigns. "I have had no discussion with any member of the Bahrain national team. Everything that has been written is just speculation by the Bahraini press."
Nakhid claimed that he received a courtesy call by a Bahraini scout, on October 15, congratulating him on his role with the national squad. He insisted that there was nothing unusual about the gesture since he was well known in the Middle East because of his playing career in Lebanon.
He told the official that he was no longer employed by the T&TFF and, two hours later, he allegedly received an e-mail from the Bahrain Minister of Sport, which offered him the role of national youth coach. Nakhid said that the Bahraini minister was a fellow American University past pupil who had kept abreast of his career.
He insisted that he was never asked to provide a dossier on the Trinidad and Tobago team.
Nakhid also dismissed reports in the Trinidad and Tobago media that the Bahraini players were promised US $1 million and a Mercedes Benz each if they booked a place at the 2006 World Cup and claimed the story was met with anger in the Asian country. Like Trinidad and Tobago, Bahrain have never qualified for a Fifa senior tournament.
"There is a misconception that countries like Bahrain have money throwing around," said Nakhid. "That is real stupidness. The fact is the (Bahrain) players don't make more than a thousand Dinars a game (US$2,652.00). So the Trinidad players actually make more."
In contrast, Jack Warner, T&TFF special advisor, promised that each T&T player will receive between US$10,000 and $12,000 in match fees for next month's clash against Bahrain.
Nakhid spoke to the Trinidad Express from Bahrain where he has already began putting things in place for his new role, which officially commences at the end of their qualifying campaign.
He again insisted that his split from the T&TFF was due to a dispute with assistant national coach Whim Rhizerburg-who, like head coach Leo Beenhakker, is Dutch-and not because of comments aired on the TV6 Morning Edition regarding "some members of the Syrian community, who are allegedly involved in the drug trade".
The alleged incident occurred at a Panamanian hotel on October 7, a day before T&T edged their hosts 1-0 in a crucial qualifier, when Nakhid took exception to the quality of sandwiches provided for the players by a waitress and voiced his disapproval of the hotel's fare.
Certain comments by Rhizerburg about Arabians, according to Nakhid, then ignited the situation.
The pair came close to blows.
Beenhakker, who coached Nakhid in the early 1990s at Swiss club, FC Grasshoppers, was not present at the time but Nakhid said that the ex-Real Madrid and Dutch national boss never spoke to him again.
Nakhid believes that his split from the T&TFF had more to do with the Panama incident than the TV6 episode.
"Warner knew he could not give the real reason why I was fired," he said. "So he used the TV6 programme instead."
Nakhid's run-ins with the establishment are as famous as his crafty passes.
Shunned by Cummings, he joined the national team in 1992 towards the end of their unsuccessful World Cup qualifying campaign. He was elevated to the role of captain in 1994 when he helped T&T regain the Caribbean title and was adjudged the Caribbean's Player of the Year.
In the 1994 Caribbean Cup final, though, the national team refused to play unless they were paid outstanding monies owed by the local association. A deal was clinched and they went out to hammer Martinique 7-2-the highest score ever in a regional final.
Nakhid went on to fall out publicly with the Lebanon FA (he was jailed but subsequently cleared by FIFA of alleged dishonesty as a football agent with Warner playing an integral role in his release), the T&TFF (he was declared persona non grata after the 2001 Concacaf Gold Cup), his former teammate Russell Latapy (he hinted that Latapy's handlers initiated a protest against his return as a player last year) and CL Financial San Juan Jabloteh coach and ex-English international Terry Fenwick (he questioned Fenwick's coaching capabilities and role as a sport agent on a live radio broadcast).
In each case, Nakhid landed on his feet with little evident long-term damage.
He is the only Trinidad and Tobago player in this decade to be afforded a testimonial match by the T&TFF while he returned to Lebanon to work as a player and then coach. His position within Beenhakker's squad also survived Latapy's return to international duty.
Nakhid, who said he had no personal problems with either Warner or Beenhakker, insisted he was no troublemaker but merely someone always willing to stand up for what was right in his opinion.
"Anyone who disrespects me or who I am," said Nakhid, "I will not accept it. I want to go to the World Cup but not at the expense of my dignity. My ambition (as a person) is to lead a happy and fulfilling life.
"I wish Trinidad and Tobago all the best. It was great to have been involved but I cannot say I am saddened because nothing surprises me in football."
Nakhid's imminent switch from the T&TFF to the Bahrain FA is the latest of many surprises by one of the country's most gifted past players.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2005, 06:11:31 AM by Flex »

Offline fari

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: NAKHID: NO HELP FOR BAHRAIN
« Reply #274 on: October 23, 2005, 09:01:38 PM »
ok he cleared things up. good, now let us move forward and handle our business

TrinInfinite

« Reply #275 on: October 23, 2005, 09:21:13 PM »
yea its official we goin 2 de world cup, thank u nakhid u have saved face, no million 4 bahrain players, no sell out 2 bahrain, we closer 2 our dream, vibes it up

Offline Augi

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: October 23, 2005, 09:26:01 PM »
Nakhid ...please. This man trying to insult the intelligence of the people of the Republic. Like he feel is only he went to university...and have friend from Bahrain, for that matter?

Offline Solo

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: October 23, 2005, 09:29:58 PM »
Yeah rite Nakhid. I was hoping yuh had nuttin at all tuh do wid bambam at all but now when I see this I know is a lie....two hours? 

He told the official that he was no longer employed by the T&TFF and, two hours later, he allegedly received an e-mail from the Bahrain Minister of Sport, which offered him the role of national youth coach. Nakhid said that the Bahraini minister was a fellow American University past pupil who had kept abreast of his career.

we must fuhget Nakhid and move on wid de job, focus on we ting

Offline kounty

• Hero Warrior
  • Truthfulness is brighter than the light of the sun
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: October 23, 2005, 09:38:42 PM »
some men really ent have no shame in dey mouth nah...cussin up and tallking bout who is patriot and wh is unpatriotic like dem ever do a f'kin ting for trinidad...and bussin up dey gum, without any f';kin evidence...talin outa dey f'kin arse right through....and now carry on like everything normal.  men f'kin analysin de man and tellin yuh his real interior motives...and I will tell yuh, if you ever talk to the man David Nakhid yuh will never say dem tings bout him.  I tellin yuh Jah doh like dat, and allyuh better go and do something good to make up for that, so we ent go get a curse.

TrinInfinite

« Reply #279 on: October 23, 2005, 09:40:58 PM »
well said, but nakhid and de media had we goin, however he still aiding bahrain though, but more importantly wat surprise me is dat we players gettin more money ;D :beermug:

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: October 23, 2005, 09:52:56 PM »
Who is to say what really goin on over there?  Nakhid could say what he want, I real suspicious becuz bottom line he in de enemy camp. 

Why would they hire him to coach?  He is no big coach.  He have no setta credentials.  Out of all the aspiring coaches, they happen to choose a very recent staff member of the team they playin against in their biggest games ever??  I don't buy dat at all. They/Nakhid musbe feel we dotish.

TrinInfinite

« Reply #281 on: October 23, 2005, 09:59:10 PM »
ah neva thought of dat, dese are some mind games being played here, but diz alright, we goin thru anyways, let him tell everything, we have 2 new players and a desire that has been in us since independence

truetrini

« Reply #282 on: October 23, 2005, 10:02:03 PM »
I eh getting tie up at all.

The timing of his move is suspect.

He should have at waited until the end of the qualification!

Besides what de f**k Nakid ever do to get job overseeing YOUTH development in any country?

Offline Trinimassive

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: October 23, 2005, 10:28:33 PM »
Nakhid just lucky ;)

De man just happen to get into bacchanal with the coach and then gone on tv and say stuff about another ethnic group accusing dem of selling drugs then he get fired then BOOYAH 2 hours after that ah man who was keepin up to the minute developments on him and  offer him ah job to oversee ah youth development program for ah country that going and play TnT in the biggest game in both countries history.

Well Yes some people real lucky y boy. :devil:

This take de cake. Forget Jamaica hosting Bahrain. This take the cake.

Good Luck dey Nakhid.

Offline Alsalman

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: October 23, 2005, 11:06:07 PM »
so nakhid is a lebanese who studied in the US and played college football... then somehow got a Trinidad citizenship... then retired and lived most his life after that back in lebanon ?

lol

thats just weird

Offline morvant

• warrior nation member
  • Hero Warrior
  • malick till i die
    • View Profile
« Reply #285 on: October 23, 2005, 11:11:10 PM »
did you take a class to talk shit or iz it just natural

"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

Offline fishs

• I believe in the stars in the dark night.
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: October 23, 2005, 11:12:05 PM »
Alsaman, stay out of we bizness if yuh eh want two bullpistle
Ah want de woman on de bass

Offline Alsalman

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: October 23, 2005, 11:20:13 PM »
did you take a class to talk shit or iz it just natural

its mostly natural  ;D

(no need to offend me man... I've been nothing but cool with you guys)

But I read in an interview with Nakhid

"I am lebanese and played with AL Ansar in Lebanon, then I moved to the US to study, and I played for the university... there my name became big, and I played for European teams from 89-97. In 1994 I became captain of Trinidad after I got Trinidadian citizen ship in 1997 I became an assistant manager for the Trinidad national team. In 2000 I went back to my homeland Lebanon to play and train the team Almubra and I have been in my original country lebanon since"

Thats an interview with him ... so don't act like a fool when someone asks a question... just answer it if you want... if not then have the decency not to comment about it

Offline supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: October 23, 2005, 11:20:53 PM »
davy jeny hasnt come around in a long time. wha happen?  ;D
Hart for president

Offline morvant

• warrior nation member
  • Hero Warrior
  • malick till i die
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: October 23, 2005, 11:23:27 PM »
alsalman currently dis board is very hot and anything that iz not pro warriors is goin to stir up somthing

no disrespect
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

Offline Alsalman

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: October 23, 2005, 11:32:43 PM »
alsalman currently dis board is very hot and anything that iz not pro warriors is goin to stir up somthing

no disrespect

I understand bro  :) but you guys need to cool down, this is football and football is life !

but before that we are human, and truely if Trinidad out play my team then they deserve all the credit they get... (and if any bahraini fan says he does not have respect for Trinidad them its a lie... we respect your team, and more than that we respect your people!)

you guys are like us... a small island country surrounded by richer, more famouse countries and you want to break out ... we have Saudi, Iran etc... U have the US, Mexico etc... people tend to overlook us both! we are alike ...

your society is built on many different people's we are the same (about 8-9 ethnic backgrounds make up bahrain, offcourse when you are around since the mesopetamian era lol it happens) in that we are similar!

HELL WE BOTH LOVE FOOTBALL SO MUCH (but lack the funding, the respected officials to push our talented players into greatness) in that we are similar!

If nakhid wants to betray a country he played for... we should not accept that gesture ... we are arab! our society is built on Honor and pride... what he is doing (assuming he is doing it) is spitting on the face of every thing that makes us arabic! and I don't respect him for that... nor do I want his help ...

Respect for you my brothers! we both want our teams to win, but more than that I wish trinidadians all the luck in life

-Sal

Offline fishs

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: October 23, 2005, 11:42:54 PM »
Alsalman yuh ask fuh it !!!
Ah cyber bullpistle fuh yuh.
After dis yuh go run round manama 2 time an den ask if yuh reach paradise yet.
Stay out a we ting desert dweller, we doh want tuh hear yuh condenscending bullshit, take yuh shitside an sit down an read Arabian nights till allyuh believe it really have genie an ting.

Offline Alsalman

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: October 23, 2005, 11:45:57 PM »
actually I would be a sea dweller ... cause Bahrain isn't nomadic... its a pearl diving, sea traveling based community

to be a desert dweller I'd need to be a nomad... but I'm a sea man ... have been since about 5000years BC ...

no need to disrespect me, not that I care what you think, I rather enjoy talking with some users on this forum (who have been freindly to me), and we have a good freindly convo going ...

Offline fishs

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: October 23, 2005, 11:49:13 PM »
Yuh see what good bullpistle does do tuh yuh,
So now yuh feel yuh 7005 years old ? Man yuh older than Methusela granfadder.  :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Offline Alsalman

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: October 23, 2005, 11:50:57 PM »
Yuh see what good bullpistle does do tuh yuh,
So now yuh feel yuh 7005 years old ? Man yuh older than Methusela granfadder.  :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

I've been trying to know what bullpistle means for the past 5 minutes  :rotfl:

Offline concerned

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: October 24, 2005, 03:46:35 AM »
smokescreen maybe ????

Offline Ponnoxx

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: October 24, 2005, 03:59:10 AM »
smokescreen maybe ????
I don't think Nakhid is a Liar

Offline fishs

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: October 24, 2005, 04:23:32 AM »
Nakhid have a family to look after. When TTFF fire him, he was unemployed, now he employed.
He says he is there to coach the under 20 team, no problem.
Problem will be when they start to pepper him for TT team info and he realise that friend or no friend the sports minister just using him.
Then you know what ? Nakhid go say "haul allyuh mudder ..." in a decent way  :rotfl:
and Jack going to have to bail him out of another mideast jail.
Even if it doesn't work out that way and Nakhid really passes on info, you think it will make any difference ?
Bahrain is ah shitside dat get thru de backdoor because of ah fifa f**kup.

Offline FLi !

• Luck is recognising the opportunities when they arise
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: October 24, 2005, 04:53:57 AM »
Why leave the nation in suspense though, why did he not just say it was for the under-20 Bahrain team from the get go.

Nahkid seems to love the spotlight and can't stand it when his 15 minutes of fame are up.

But the timing is extremely suspect...what has to be done now with the National UNder 20 team that cannot be done after Nov 16.

He just wants to make the TTFF sweat for his perceived disrespect to him.
Director of Waggonist Prosecutions (DWP)

Special Advisor to WN(UK)

Offline saga pinto

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: October 24, 2005, 04:59:38 AM »
There are so many nuances to this story,but one thing for sure is nahkid has certainly shown us where he stands,but I warn don't be fooled by his response and take anything for granted we make choices in this life and they all come with consequences whether it be good or bad and as for what each of us on this forum have done for our country I don't think it justifies an answer we all have contributed,some more than others,but at the end of the day nahkid will be remembered most of all as the ex national player who simply sold out and god forbid because of this it has a negative impact on the campaign with the results not going the way we hope it would the rest is history.

1]; } ?>