March 28, 2024, 05:51:18 AM

Author Topic: The David Nakhid Thread  (Read 166648 times)

Offline Sentinel

• Full Warrior
  • Adapt, Improvise and Overcome
    • View Profile
Re: Nakhid Sets the story Straight
« Reply #480 on: November 02, 2005, 05:00:12 PM »
Good call Truthseeker, good observation bounty killa...

Luv U T&T!

Offline Ponnoxx

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #481 on: November 02, 2005, 05:04:15 PM »
 Truthseeker i unfortunately have experienced similar(not right now), and have seen friends go through what you are talking about  ....I am glad that Nakhid is not a Traitor...I also think he is absolutely right by saying the things he has said...The 'death march' should have called the 'Life march' for my part...The government cannot stop crime; and there are rich individuals in T&T's society who prey on the poor people by providing them with guns and drugs...It is only logical ...the average joe doesn't have the means to bring guns or drugs into the country...so How is it coming in?People who have the means(rich people)... I can't agree with him when he pin-pointed a specific race BUT i think that is not because he is racist but because naturally a arrogant and outspoken person.

Offline truthseeker

• Sr. Warrior
  • Goal in yuh rucc**tunse
    • View Profile
« Reply #482 on: November 02, 2005, 05:33:22 PM »
The current discourse on drugs is really a one way talk. I agree with Nakhid's assessment that the rich really doesn't give a shit if the killings and the attendant violence were restricted to the hills of Laventille. The problem only becomes a problem when the rich and others aare affected.

Darius Figueria Drug Expert and author of 'Cocaine and Heroin Trafficking in The Caribbean'.  writes some really good article for the Mirror on the whole drug culture in TnT. I advise that nuff men check it out.

Offline SOBRIQUET

• Hero Warrior
  • Intercol Champion 94' w/ Princes Town
    • View Profile
« Reply #483 on: November 02, 2005, 05:46:28 PM »
Truthseeker i agree with you somewhat. There are issues and problems to be discussed in trinidad. Nakhid should better pick and choose his forum for "calling people out" tho. he can't use his position on a football team to discuss political problems. Obviously that's a "clash of interest" that i am sure beenie wants absolutely nothing to do with. Beenie come there for one thing: to get trinidad to germany. Anything political, him and his staff should stay out of. Nakhid chose a jack-ass time to bring up these issues! Nobody's fault but his............
...with Blacksmith, Dogfoot, Jurawan and dem

Offline truthseeker

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #484 on: November 02, 2005, 06:26:22 PM »
If you notice many of the threads do not even deal with the untimely nature of this uproar, most of them attack what nakhid sys without giving him the benefit of the doubt. I have been a Soca warrior fan from when dis team was playing real shit, since the very first days when this site was lauched. I for one will be the first to state that Beenie is the best thing that has happened to our football in ah long time. That said, in the current he say, she say environment, it is hard to determine whois telling the truth.

It appears that Jack Warner have suddenly become the new version of shit sprayed perfume because for all of his years of financial mismanagement of TTFF funds (TV rights.. etc). I suspect that that has less to do with Jack's character and more to do with the fact that we are a playoff win from the grandest stage in football. We here all know that Nakhid is not a saint. We may all agree that within the context of TnT football, it is not the best place, but we cyar say that de man talking shit when it comes to drugs in TnT. We may disagree with his methodology but hard questions requires deep soul searching...

PS: Its funny that we criticise athletes here in the US for being apolotical and say that they should use their platform to help and speak on the behalf of the less fortunate, then we fire bun Nakhid for doing precisely that... And I am not the biggest Nakhid fan... But there's always more than what meet the eye.

Offline truthseeker

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #485 on: November 02, 2005, 06:27:37 PM »
Last thing: Anybody else saw this:

Local Whites, Syrians in
BIG COKE WAR
... cartels fight led to $700m Monos Island drug bust

A SPITEFUL fall-out between two factions of a local drug syndicate has resulted in tit-for-tat squealing by rival factions.

That, according to a source close to both factions, is what led to Monday’s drug bust on Monos Island that netted 1.75 tonnes of pure cocaine with an estimated street value of $700 million.

A Uzi machine gun, four handguns, two assault rifles and 247 rounds of assorted ammunition were also seized in the raid on a house on the island.

Part of the cocaine seizure
packed for shipment.

The operation, which was spearheaded by the Coast Guard, also included officers from the Police Western Division, with intelligence support from the Special Anti-Crime Unit of TnT (SAUTT) and later involvement of the Organised Crime and Narcotics Unit (OCNU).

Two Trinidadians, five Venezuelans and an Antiguan were arrested at the house, owned by a member of a prominent business family operating out of the Western Peninsula.

Four days earlier, an even bigger haul of some three tonnes of cocaine was intercepted on a boat off Venezuelan waters in a joint operation between the Venezuelan Coast Guard and the French Navy.

Intelligence reports have traced the intended destination of that shipment to Trinidad.

It is believed that the intended recipient was a Syrian-controlled faction of the powerful local syndicate that is now divided.

The other faction involves a local Portuguese/French Creole bourgeois grouping of business associates.

Individuals from both factions are well-endowed in the various business organisations.

Members of this bourgeois business group allegedly controlled the drug seized on Monos.

TnT Mirror understands that the Syrian drug mafia, which is able to assuage greater sway in the government than the rival faction, was responsible for spilling the beans because it was believed that the rival faction had something to do with the Venezuelan interception of its shipment.

Mirror understands that the seizure resulted in the loss of hundreds of millions of dollars by the Syrian side of the cartel. This loss led to the offended party using its political connections to have the other side of the split cartel suffer a similar fate.

Information was leaked about illegal drug trafficking taking place just a stone’s throw from the Coast Guard Headquarters, resulting in the major drug bust on Monos Island.

Monos is a luxury resort island with private holiday houses owned almost exclusively by well-known business families.

The imminent arrest of high profile persons connected to the Monos drug bust is expected to bring about major shifts in the underground illegal drug trade.

Intelligence reports suggests that the split between both groups had degenerated into a petty real estate dogfight, in which the Syrian-controlled faction was using its closeness to the government to prevent state rental of properties owned by members of the other side.

Cocaine is shipped out of Trinidad to European and North American destinations via air conditioning units, yachts, speedboats and containers.

It is sometimes routed through other Caribbean Islands on which members of the rival groups have a network of business operations. 

Offline NYtriniwhiteboy..

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #486 on: November 02, 2005, 06:46:46 PM »
i remember that article came out rite after the seizure...and whether it true or not with all de drug war talk i cant say....but wat i do kno is that the house down de islands owners are definitely not involved with the drug trade....in fact i was supposed to be at that house on the same day the bust took place.. a lil lime was supposed to happen...but becuz of the bust we didnt go...
the fact is most of the houses down de islands are owned by affluent members of de society..but the houses are mainly used on a weekend...since many of the houses have caretakers who probably are not making much money it is quite easy to accept the easy money to run and store drugs in de house since de owners probably wont find out.
If u tink i talking bull well daz no scene...i jus talking from firsthand experience...fact is i have frenz who have been offered money to make small drops for the same boatmen in their own boats...I really cant blame them for accepting the easy money as the money they making living and takin care of these houses is probably small change
Back in Trini...

Offline TnTVillan

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #487 on: November 02, 2005, 06:47:17 PM »
Thas a old article boy. Get with the times. Ya outdated man.

Offline football king

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #488 on: November 02, 2005, 06:47:34 PM »
truthseeker respect to yuh boss and well said  :beermug:   :beermug:

Offline Mr Mc

• Hero Warrior
  • Take pride in yuh side!! Vibes it Up!!!
    • View Profile
    • Trini Jungle Juice
« Reply #489 on: November 02, 2005, 07:16:06 PM »
doh matter if it old it relevant to the discussion!
if a man own a house and the police raid the house and find drugs in the house, guess who the law say the drugs belong too???
so you are saying that the caretakers, without the knowledge of the home owners, had 1.75 TONNES of coke hiding downstairs, is that what you are saying?

Offline KND

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #490 on: November 02, 2005, 07:26:39 PM »
care takers is the scape goat.

If you is a care taker and you buying and sell all that amount of drugs you aint supposed to be no caretaker no more.

You supposed to be able to buy your own house by now.

It is very easy to know who the drug men is

Drug men have money

Do a sort on Bank account
Buying habits
and overseas accounts and business where possible

Start from the man with the most money and audit coming down the line once you can prove where money come from we go move on to the next man.

It have to start with the money men
Caretakers cannot handle big thing so

Offline truthseeker

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #491 on: November 02, 2005, 07:49:36 PM »
Thats what I've been saying: But men will see what they want to see. To attack the drug problem, yuh have to go far deeper than many of us are willing to go. It is all to easy to identify the youths on the streets (and they should also be condemned). But many of these youths are petty dealers compared to the men who possess both the physical infrastructure (boats, planes, mansions) and the political and police connections to rule the trade.

There are many different levels to drug and cartel organisation and in Tnt its no different. There are street soldiers, lieutenants, area dons and lORDS. The higher up the chain the more protected is the individual and in most cases, this person is able to hide behind a cloak of legitimacy (businesses, philanthrophy, politics...) They rarely ever flaunt their wealth in conspicuous ways unlike the foot soldiers who loves the brands, the latest in cars, jewelry etc... This is who the media usually focus on because of their visibility, while the Lord sits on high, sending their sons and daughters to the best colleges that the UK and the USA have to offer. In the meantime, blood monies will be washed, cleansed and baptised...

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #492 on: November 02, 2005, 08:02:25 PM »
who ever say de smuggler gettin the money...de man who doin the transport not gettin paid anywhere near wahever it is worth...come nah u hadda be smarter than that...
plus it damn easy to transport dem tings if u have a fast running pirogue...believe me i telling yuh straight...u have a fast pirogue...as most caretakers down de islands do..u cud transport that amount in a few trips in no time...and that was exactly wah de coast guard had said in that case...they observed the pirogue making trips....
Back in Trini...

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #493 on: November 02, 2005, 08:03:22 PM »
but doh get me wrong...i totally agreee that there are pple high up who have to be involved in this stuff...but i was jus explaining wha i knew of that one case
Back in Trini...

Offline Feliziano

• Hero Warrior
  • www.TheWarriorNation.com
    • View Profile
    • The Warrior Nation
« Reply #494 on: November 02, 2005, 08:33:44 PM »
he other part to that story was the big warehouse fire a couple days after the seizure.
A.S Bryden run by Fitzwilliams..guess what..the same Fitzwilliam family own the beach house too..so was a revenge attack by arson..also the other shipment was sized by the French navy around the same time too just off our coast.
another thing..the Fitzwilliams they show in the media not even white or fair skinned.
Feliz
Warrior Nation Secretary & Membership Officer
http://www.TheWarriorNation.com

Offline truthseeker

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #495 on: November 02, 2005, 09:00:43 PM »
I think that Trinidadians are too overly sensitive on racial issues, and sometimes, this bars us from having a frank and honest discussion.

It is a FACT: that drugs affect Black trinidadians in a major major way. probably more so than the other ethnic groups. It is also a FACT that due to the lack off opportunities in the society, along with people's inclination towards greed and materialism, that most of the killings and attendant violence are perpetrated by Black Trinis (and I'm a black man who ent fraid to say it).

It is a FACT that most of the Black Trinis who are involved are involved on the lowest rung of the trade. They are for the most part dealers and soldiers who LACK the infrastructure and connections necessary to create and sustain the trade.

It is not my intention to defend Black or poor Indian drug dealers but an honest analysis has to move us beyond our own narrow way of looking at drugs in TnT.

It is a FACT that powerful Syrian and White families are involved in the drug trade. They however are far removed from the drugs itself and have several layers of protection to ensure their societal legitimacy. This is not Tseeker alone saying that: Darius Fig.. who writes fro the Mirror and is a regional Caribbean expert on the matter has well documented articles on the matter. The DEA also have a report that they print every year and they spoke about Tnt now being the number 1 transhippment point from which drugs and guns enter from Colombia and Venzuela and then hit the USA and European markets...

It is a FACT that these local families are well connected politically (theyhave friends in high places in both parties). They have friends in the intelligence services and police force and they have businesses that they use as a front to wash their dollars.

Are their Black, Indian and Chinese upper class families that are involve and benefit from the trade..Hell yeah!!! And we bun dem out too.

But it seems that weare perfectly willing to do a discourse on drugs as long as we are talking about "dem people" on de hill who graduate from junior sec, and like to fete with de latest brands on. This is a myopic view.

Itis not racist to state that Syrians and Whites are involved in the trade in a BIG way, and people here shouldn't take that personally even if de accused is yuh pardner, yuh friend, yuh cousin, yuh auntie, yuh uncle. I doh care, as long as they are contributing to the destruction of the TnT i know and love, BUN DEM OUT!!!

Offline morvant

• warrior nation member
  • Hero Warrior
  • malick till i die
    • View Profile
« Reply #496 on: November 02, 2005, 09:03:44 PM »
well said :beermug:
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

Offline Ponnoxx

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #497 on: November 02, 2005, 10:17:52 PM »
 Listen, I really don't think the caretakers are fully responsible for drug-running...To transport all that cocaine you would have to making a lot of money...And which drug-dealer who have a brain-cell would trust a ' caretaker' with that amount of cocaine...What would stop that caretaker from taking some off the top , selling it and making a nice amount for himself? If he have enough belly to transport it , he have enough belly to steal it....Which drug dealer would trust someone who they cannot touch? They wouldn't do something this stupid...There must be bigger fish in that pond...Of course they are not goin to get caught and they are not going to look suspicious...People who involved in the drug trade would not reveal this to their family or friends just like that so nobody should say that they KNOW that someone is NOT involved...Go T&T

Offline dutchman

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #498 on: November 03, 2005, 04:36:09 AM »
I don't get it.

The man is in Lebanon untill the 16th ?
For what ? nice city Lebanon.... is he a tourist ?
Or so he can have a couple of short flights to bahrain to help them prepare  ?
Why isn't in his contract that he isn't allowed to work for any other country team till after WC qualification ?
Why would bahrain want to pay a salary to this guy ?
Sorry I could be totally wrong but why does Bahrain wants someone from T&T?.
Of course they will make us believe that he will be a tremendous asset for Bahrain football association in the coming years. Since he has such a good knowhow of training programs blabla la di da....
???
Rumor has it that every other thing you read or hear is just a rumor.

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #499 on: November 03, 2005, 02:39:26 PM »

Sorry I could be totally wrong but why does Bahrain wants someone from T&T?.
Of course they will make us believe that he will be a tremendous asset for Bahrain football association in the coming years. Since he has such a good knowhow of training programs blabla la di da....
???

You do have a point, I smell something fishy too but keep in mind his wife is Lebanise and he has been living and playing football in Lebanon for many years now!  :-\
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline Behbehman

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #500 on: November 03, 2005, 03:02:45 PM »
If you notice many of the threads do not even deal with the untimely nature of this uproar, most of them attack what nakhid sys without giving him the benefit of the doubt. I have been a Soca warrior fan from when dis team was playing real shit, since the very first days when this site was lauched. I for one will be the first to state that Beenie is the best thing that has happened to our football in ah long time. That said, in the current he say, she say environment, it is hard to determine whois telling the truth.

It appears that Jack Warner have suddenly become the new version of shit sprayed perfume because for all of his years of financial mismanagement of TTFF funds (TV rights.. etc). I suspect that that has less to do with Jack's character and more to do with the fact that we are a playoff win from the grandest stage in football. We here all know that Nakhid is not a saint. We may all agree that within the context of TnT football, it is not the best place, but we cyar say that de man talking shit when it comes to drugs in TnT. We may disagree with his methodology but hard questions requires deep soul searching...

PS: Its funny that we criticise athletes here in the US for being apolotical and say that they should use their platform to help and speak on the behalf of the less fortunate, then we fire bun Nakhid for doing precisely that... And I am not the biggest Nakhid fan... But there's always more than what meet the eye.

Yes Truthseeker, yuh have some rel points dey breds, buh leh bygones be bygones, leh sleeping dogs lie...we know 'bout Jack an he dealings...a shrewed "businessman." Who eh have no sin pelt the first stone. Buh Jack was mih history teacher at one time and is he who tell mih dat Columbus lie! He put ah lil eyesalve right dey breds...eyeopener. Trinidad and Tobago is going through as every other young developing nation the pangs of growing up. We are in the stage of in-betweenity...so Nahkid talk about dem Syrians an dem...so what? Why everybody vex? If the Syrians found a home in T&T, dey mus learn tuh take some lash too jus as all ah we...dem eh better than nobody else. If dey doing wrong ting as Shadow say then dey mus expect chat. Everybody macometer high in T&T. Everybody does talk about everybody in T&T...an dey always blaming Laventille and Morvant people? And at one time dey had plenty, plenty badjohn from Grande? All ah dem badjohn now drinking and smoking dey ting together...mih fadder Eric ask for three things...discipline, production and tolerance. If we have dat we have plenty. Leh we stay focussed on the ball breds...score 2-3 goals an settled the issue...Nahkid or no Nahkid...people does come and people does go...no person is indispensable. We need tuh make it tuh Germany for the sake of mih chirren and dem.

Offline slates

• Sr. Warrior
  • Big-up L'Anse Mitan Carenage
    • View Profile
« Reply #501 on: November 03, 2005, 03:22:04 PM »

...mih fadder Eric ask for three things...discipline, production and tolerance. If we have dat we have plenty.

Well it turns out:

1) We have NO DISCIPLINE
2) Very LITTLE PRODUCTION, and
3) TOO MUCH TOLERANCE
Toujour Pret!

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #502 on: November 03, 2005, 03:33:11 PM »
Well it turns out:

1) We have NO DISCIPLINE
2) Very LITTLE PRODUCTION, and
3) TOO MUCH TOLERANCE

Unless we improve on nos. 1 & 2, it looks like we need even more of no.3 to make up for deficencies in 1 & 2.

How come when most Trinis move to furrin 1 & 2 goes up but when we reach back home it tends to get back to the low levels as before we left?!  ???

Who to blame is it us or our leaders and btw who picks our leaders?!  :-\
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline Warrior princess

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
David Nakhid Thread
« Reply #503 on: November 16, 2005, 08:52:57 PM »
anybody happen to hear from dis one lately? :devil: :rotfl: i hope dey not soo upset in bahrain dat dey end up damagin him too..
everybody plz say a word of prayer for our ppl dat ova dere....dey need police escorts to ensure their safety an i hear d bahrainies stoning their buses or sum so....hope dey reach back safe...and does anybody kno why Latters not comin in wit d team2morro?

« Last Edit: May 25, 2015, 07:08:16 AM by Flex »
carpe diem!

MickeyRat

Re: david nakhid
« Reply #504 on: November 16, 2005, 08:54:17 PM »
That Name ban from this forum.

Offline Babalawo

• Football Scholar
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #505 on: November 16, 2005, 08:55:21 PM »
He was sentenced to be stoned by the departing TnT football team :devil: :rotfl:

Offline jr sams

• Hero Warrior
  • Every time....all de time....true to form
    • View Profile
« Reply #506 on: November 16, 2005, 09:05:53 PM »
ah tink he in line for a good bull-pistle
well yes

Offline CAPITANO

• Full Warrior
  • I heart zaboka
    • View Profile
« Reply #507 on: November 16, 2005, 10:04:01 PM »
ah hear he was throwing bottle at Yorke and latapy dong by the corner flag
WE JAMMIN STILL!!!!!!

Offline TriniCana

• Hero Warrior
  • ah Catch ah Glad
    • View Profile
    • allyuhmuddaass@com
« Reply #508 on: November 16, 2005, 11:47:44 PM »
On ah serious note: allyuh think nakhid could ever put he foot back in trinidad and tobago ?
even if he sneak in.....trinis does talk and maco good.  Man could tell ya who bathing jus' by watching de color ah de water.  YES WE THAT GOOD  :beermug:

what allyuh think ?

feedback welcome

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #509 on: November 16, 2005, 11:56:05 PM »
If yuh put aside all de emotion....Nakhid did contribute to T&T football and that cannot be erased or taken away.

I always said Nakhid biggest liability is Nakhid but our victory today was for ALL of T&T...especially all those who ever represented the red, white & black and yes....that includes David Nakhid...no matter how may feel about him as an individual.

I'm sure he is as happy as any other Trinbagonian that we have finally qualified to be in the big dance.
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

1]; } ?>