March 28, 2024, 11:12:26 AM

Author Topic: The David Nakhid Thread  (Read 166757 times)

Online Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: The David Nakhid Thread
« Reply #840 on: August 19, 2015, 07:05:24 PM »
It's been just about three weeks since David Nakhid announced his intentions to run for FIFA Presidency. Some people in T&T are still trying to wrap their mind around the reality while others welcomed his decision. We got a few responses on the topic from members of the local football fraternity including Nakhid's former team mate Anthony Rougier.
http://www.tv6tnt.com/sevenpm-news/-Nakhid-On-TT-Football--3062-322229671.html
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #841 on: August 19, 2015, 10:27:27 PM »
While I admire David's confidence and gusto, I honestly feel he does not stand a chance, at least this year. He is saying all the right things like a seasoned campaigner. But FIFA have had enough of Caribenios at this moment. Jack, then Webb. I rooting for him, but I have doubts.

Online Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Nakhid hopes to become Caribbean’s first FIFA President
« Reply #842 on: August 20, 2015, 03:53:54 AM »
Nakhid hopes to become Caribbean’s first FIFA President
By Sean Devers (Kaieteur News)

Fifty-one year old former Trinidad & Tobago Footballer David Nakhid played 35 Internationals and scored eight goals for T&T between 1992 and 2005. The mid-fielder also played professionally in Belgium, Switzerland, Greece, Lebanon, Trinidad and Tobago, the United States, Sweden, and the United Arab Emirates.

Nakhid, who runs the ‘David Nakhid International Football Academy’ in Lebanon, now has his sights set on the Presidency of FIFA in February’s election to replace the outgoing 79-year-old Sepp Blatter, who on June 2, resigned amidst FIFA’s corruption scandal, which saw officials, including former T&T football administrator Jack Warner, accused by the United States Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) of wire fraud and money laundering. Blatter held the position of FIFA President since 1998.

The elections will take place on February 26, 2016, at the FIFA headquarters in Zurich, Switzerland.

Nakhid and his Campaign Secretary Josann Leonard (team Caribbean) met with Head of the Normalisation Committee of the Guyana Football Federation (GFF) Clinton Urling at the Guyana Marriott Hotel yesterday.

A press conference was held in the conference room of the impressive Hotel and the Trinidadian, who needs five nominations before October 26 to move forward, will be hoping that after yesterday’s talks in Guyana, he will garner the support of the Urling led GFF during his five-month campaign period.

“Now what we need to do is become more pro-Caribbean rather than pro-UEFA or pro-Asia, it doesn’t mean we’re anti-anyone but we’re pro-Caribbean in the sense that we understand our true value in this global football world. We understand what we bring to this process, and it is not a reference for a vote as it has been in the past. We then become a reference for true consultation. People then come down to Guyana and really ask you ‘well what do you need’ in tangible terms, not in promises.” Nakhid said.

“I am extremely confident of securing the votes since I have lived in the Middle East and played in Europe but wanted to come out of our Federation,” Nakhid informed.

“And I think once that is done we can then try to attract support from other parts of the world, but it would be useless to enter a campaign where I can’t even come out of my confederation. I think once that is done, I think the Caribbean people will get a better sense of our message when it is placed on that global forum and the rest of the world,” he added.

Nakhid, who says he knows what it feels like to come from the Ghetto and playing on rough, bumpy fields as a little boy in Trinidad, made his intentions to compete during a Radio show recently in Antigua, said that real change in World Football won’t happen if there is no Caribbean voice.

Nakhid explained that his candidacy is geared to position the Caribbean where it needs to be, “where we have not been before.”

“We had the illusion of leadership- the illusion of someone at the head table of FIFA before, but we never saw anything that came down to us in the Caribbean, we need to change that. We need to posit ourselves in a position where we understand our true value politically, but also in terms of the development that is needed in the wider world of football,” Nakhid explained.

The former footballer feels that if no one is there to represent the interest of Caribbean football, “no one is going to be concerned about our interest.”

“No one from outside our region can truly reflect what is needed,” he said.

“Infrastructure is the most important aspect in developing Football talent in a country as large and green as Guyana and it is disappointing that there is no football Stadium here. You can’t play Football on a cricket ground,” the FIFA Presidential hopeful noted.

Nakhid feels that the best coaches should be sent to the youth level and the finished product sent to Coaches like Jamaal Shabazz, whom he described as a close friend and Guyana best Coach.

“But in the Caribbean we tend to do things in the reverse and put the best Coaches at the senior team level. School Football is also very important since a child could be made to decide on his Football career and his academic career if he has to join a club to play football when at school. However if football is played in schools and you have a designated time for Football they will a more balanced student,” Nakhid opined.

But when asked if the involvement by leading Caribbean Football officials in the FIFA scandal would be a negative factor in his ambitions for the Presidency, Nakhid answered; “We need to rise above that and how we do that is that we don’t be defined by what’s happened in the past. We can’t allow what happened in the past – something beyond our control as Caribbean people. What we do is we push our vision forward, and we’re not afraid to push that vision forward.”

He added, “Now what we need to do, is if we become more pro-Caribbean rather than pro-UEFA or pro-Asia- it doesn’t mean we’re anti-anyone- but we’re pro-Caribbean in the sense that we understand our true value in this global football world. We understand what we bring to this process, and it is not a reference for a vote as it has been in the past. We then become a reference for true consultation. People then come down to Guyana and really ask you ‘well what do you need’ in tangible terms, not in promises.”

Europe’s Michel Platini is considered the front runner in the race for the top job in FIFA. Other top names who have thrown their hats in ring are Diego Maradona of Argentina, Zico of Brazil and Musa Bility, the Liberian Football Association President.

But Nakhid thinks that coming from a part of the World that has a diverse culture will give him the edge in becoming the first ever FIFA President from the Caribbean.

Offline SWF Reporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
CFU endorses Nakhid for FIFA presidency; aims to recover Warner money
« Reply #843 on: August 23, 2015, 04:23:19 PM »
By Lasana Liburd (Wired868.com)

Caribbean Football Union (CFU) president Gordon Derrick has endorsed former Trinidad and Tobago football captain David Nakhid’s bid for the role of FIFA president, as the most unlikely presidential campaign gathered considerable traction.

Nakhid, who never worked within FIFA before or held an administrative portfolio outside of his Lebanon-based David Nakhid Soccer Academy, met Derrick two weeks ago and was subsequently invited to address the CFU in St Maarten.

The CFU President said Nakhid, who has a double major in International Relations and Economics from American University in Washington DC, gave an exceptional account of himself and the Caribbean will support him.

“(Nakhid) came to me in Antigua and described his passion and why he thought he was qualified to hold such a high office in geopolitical terms,” Derrick told Wired868. “He convinced me that he is serious and he has the academics and international appeal… I invited him to our ExCo meeting and he gave an exceptional account of himself and showed that, if given the opportunity, he can make noise in the race.”

Thus far, the international media has focused on the candidacies of UEFA president and former France football star Michel Platini, who is widely considered to be the favourite, as well as Jordan’s Prince Ali bin Hussein, a FIFA vice president, and Chung Moon-joon, an honorary FIFA vice president and business tycoon.

Derrick’s endorsement could potentially change that.

The Caribbean has 25 of FIFA’s 209 member associations, which is roughly 12 percent of the electorate and more than the South America and Oceania confederations combined.

However, Derrick pointed out that the CFU does not vote as a bloc anymore in the manner it did under former president Jack Warner, who was known to victimise associations that did not toe the line.

“We get together and discuss matters but there is no such thing as a bloc (anymore),” said Derrick. “We try to convince everybody that we should vote in one direction. Last election that didn’t happen, partly because of the confusion with (the arrest of CONCACAF president Jeffrey) Webb.

“But I think the region will continue to come together strong and we will vote based on the needs of the Caribbean because that is who we represent.”

At present, CONCACAF and the Caribbean are reeling from a string of indictments from the United States Department of Justice—two of which were issued to Warner and Webb—for racketeering and money laundering among other charges.

Derrick himself was censured by FIFA for his role in the 2011 Mohamed Bin Hammam bribery scandal, which led to Warner’s disgraceful exit from the game.

But the Antiguan football administrator insisted that he did nothing wrong and never touched any of Bin Hammam’s brown envelopes.

Derrick said he spent the night of 10 May 2011 alongside Antigua and Barbuda Football Association (ABFA) president Everton Gonsalves and compatriot and global cricket icon Sir Viv Richards, who was in Trinidad to shoot a Johnny Walker advertisement.

The Antiguans were sanctioned for failing to report the alleged bribery to the governing body. But Derrick claimed he never saw the envelopes himself since he did not go to collect the “gift bag” on that same night.

And, by the following morning, he woke up to discover that something big was amiss.

“When everything broke, a lot of us didn’t know exactly what was going on,” Derrick told Wired868. “So, out of an abundance of caution, we wanted to hold out and find out what was happening (before we said anything) because it seemed like an attack on the Caribbean more than anything else.

“Everyone can be armchair quarterbacks now. After all the facts are known, it is easy to say that you should have spoken earlier. But Antigua never received any money.

“Nobody said there was money to be given either. (CFU officials) said please pick up your gift package.”

Derrick insisted that he had always been a critic of Warner’s governance and he refused to sign anything in defence of the crooked Trinidadian. But he claimed that FIFA unfairly tarnished the entire region when it went after the former CFU and CONCACAF president

“They painted a brush over the entire Caribbean and implicated a lot of people who didn’t have anything to do with it,” said Derrick. “We just happened to be there (and) we wanted to find out what is happening first before we washed our laundry in public.

“We were charged with loyalty and fiducial responsibility. I was reprimanded not banned. If you get a parking ticket that can’t be the same thing as murder.”

Derrick believes Nakhid’s candidacy could be the breath of fresh air that Caribbean football needs as it tries to recover from the Warner era.

“It seems in football, our leaders are always negative and it is always about bobol and confusion,” said Derrick, who works in Antigua’s banking sector but holds a mechanical engineering degree from the Florida Institute of Technology. “We need to show that is not what our region is about. There are persons of ability here and we are not inferior to anybody in terms of academics or anything else.

“We want to show the world that we are a qualified people.”

For his part, Nakhid has vowed to produce his manifesto in just over a week and is asking the football fraternity to judge him on his ideas rather than his influence—financial or otherwise—within FIFA.

In an exclusive interview with Wired868, Nakhid mused over changes within CONCACAF like the rotation of the Gold Cup and a system for developing young talent within the schools, which used Belgium as a template.

The former Caribbean Player of the Year said Platini would continue outgoing president Sepp Blatter’s system of ‘patronage’ to the developing world, which led to more corruption than development.

“Patronage extended without proper oversight is not proper patronage at all,” said Nakhid. “It is all well and good that football is taken to the wide areas of the world. But when money is given to build a football field and there is no oversight and nothing happens, you are just giving away money and that does not help development or anyone but the person who pocketed the money.

“Platini comes from the wealthiest confederation in the world. You have to ask how can he help us or help Africa coming from on high. Why should this be a coronation for him?

“FIFA should not be for the elite. FIFA’s role should be to develop football throughout the world.”

Derrick suggested that he too is more interested in a stronger Caribbean on the football field rather than using his post to fatten secret bank accounts.

There is little evidence that the CFU was ever anything more than a vehicle for the enrichment of football officials.

In the 1974 World Cup qualifying campaign, three of CONCACAF’s top six nations came from the Caribbean while Haiti and Trinidad and Tobago finished first and second respectively.

But, after the CFU’s formation in 1979, Caribbean nations slipped further and further away from the top of the confederation while, conversely, regional administrations became more influential than ever.

Warner left a penniless CFU behind when he abdicated in 2011 and it has been a bumpy ride for the Caribbean, as the body often struggled to put on tournaments on time and were plagued with administrative mishaps.

Still, Derrick pointed to the July Gold Cup as evidence of real progress in the region as all four Caribbean nations advanced to the knockout round while Jamaica beat United States for a place in the final.

The inaugural Women’s Caribbean Cup in 2014 also preceded Trinidad and Tobago’s exciting campaign in which the “Women Soca Warriors” came within 90 minutes of earning the region’s first qualifying spot at a FIFA Women’s World Cup.

The Women Warriors were eventually edged 1-0 by Ecuador in a two-legged contest.

“I want all our teams to be competitive so when (the bigger nations) play us, we are respected and they know we are not walkovers,” said Derrick, who shares Nakhid’s dream for a Caribbean professional league.

He explained that, despite the Caribbean’s political clout within the confederation, its programmes are inadequately financed by CONCACAF. And he revealed that he is considering his legal options to recoup millions meant for the CFU, including the controversial US$10 million South Africa Diaspora Legacy fund, that were allegedly misappropriated by Warner.

“We only get a subsidy of US$20,000 for a four-team (club) tournament when it costs US$150,000 on average to put it on,” said the CFU president. “Gate receipts can only do so much and sponsors are not coming forward. We have to solve that; and that is what the leaders of the region are supposed to be doing and making cases to CONCACAF to ease us up.

“When I heard about the US$10 million dollars that was supposed to come to CFU. Not CONCACAF eh; the CFU!

“Do you know what that could have done for our region in terms of development? And that is just the tip of the iceberg.

“We will have to see what legal recourse there can be and if we can recoup that money somehow. I have sought legal advice but we have been advised to hold strain until we see what the outcome (of the US Department of Justice action) is.”

Unlike the previous CFU president, Derrick is far from CONCACAF’s negotiating table and, despite speaking for two-thirds of the confederation, does not even have a position on its executive committee. Although Derrick was the Caribbean’s elected leader, he was overshadowed by Webb, who was Blatter’s pick as CONCACAF president and was elected unopposed to the confederation’s throne.

“I was elected (as CFU president) in 2012 and, in February 2013, I raised the issue about having a place on the CONCACAF ExCo,” said Derrick. “But the executive committee felt Webb was already there and he was a Caribbean man… My argument was the position of CFU president should be an integral part of the CONCACAF executive because he needs to be there so he can bring knowledge down to his members.

“But the members didn’t agree. They wanted to go along with the then leader who was a Caribbean man and part of the CFU. That was their rationale.

“What has happened now has brought credence to my feeling that the president of all the representative bodies should be there (on the executive). Not just the CFU president but the UNCAF (Central American Football Union) president also.”

Derrick said he was stunned by the racketeering charges laid against Webb.

“I am still in shock and denial over Jeff (Webb),” he said. “I don’t want to believe what I am hearing because it doesn’t look good or sound good.”

But Webb’s absence does leave a vacancy at the helm of the confederation. At present, Jamaica’s Horace Burrell, Cuba’s Luis Hernandez and Turks and Caicos Island’s Sonia Bien-Aime are the Caribbean’s only representatives on the CONCACAF executive committee.

If Derrick maintains the confidence of the Caribbean delegates, a shake-up within the confederation is almost inevitable.

Nakhid would appear to be the first salvo for the supposed new image of the region.

Derrick chuckled when Wired868 pointed out that things did not work out very well the last time Caribbean officials supported a Trinidadian.

“It is a great irony,” said Derrick, with a laugh. “I think it would be Shakespearean. But maybe that is what is required.

“Trinidad produces one kind of man in Warner and then shows the world it can produce another in Nakhid.”

Nakhid, who speaks six languages, has to make the rest of the world believe it too. He said he will offer delegates the chance to create a better FIFA and strengthen their own associations rather than give them brown envelopes and free footballs.

“There are 209 associations and six confederations and some will operate in ways we cannot effect,” Nakhid told Wired868, in a previous interview. “We have to be pragmatic and we are not so naive to say we will have everyone holding hands and singing ‘Kumbaya.’ But we believe a serious, honest undertaking of development throughout the world with philosophical undertones will appeal to their ideological notions of their selves.

“We believe many officials come in for the betterment of the game but find a situation where it is easier to accept patronage than to elevate themselves and their region.

“Some will be inspired by our rhetoric and want better. But some will want to cling to patronage and support a famous footballer from Europe who sends them 3,000 footballs…”

With support from the Caribbean, he can turn his attention to the Middle East where he would presumably be supported by the Lebanon association. A visit to Africa is also on the cards.

Nakhid potentially has as many as 25 associations in his corner. But he still needs another 80 votes if he is to succeed Blatter at the FIFA Congress on 26 February 2016.

« Last Edit: August 27, 2015, 02:25:00 AM by Flex »

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
Re: CFU endorses Nakhid for FIFA presidency; aims to recover Warner money
« Reply #844 on: August 23, 2015, 04:28:57 PM »
By Lasana Liburd (Wired868.com)

Caribbean Football Union (CFU) president Gordon Derrick has endorsed former Trinidad and Tobago football captain David Nakhid’s bid for the role of FIFA president, as the most unlikely campaign gathered considerable traction.
Nakhid, who never worked within FIFA before or held an administrative portfolio outside of his Lebanon-based David Nakhid Soccer Academy, met Derrick two weeks ago and was subsequently invited to address the CFU in St Maarten.
The CFU President said Nakhid, who has a double major in International Relations and Economics from American University in Washington DC, gave an exceptional account of himself and the Caribbean will support him.
“(Nakhid) came to me in Antigua and described his passion and why he thought he was qualified to hold such a high office in geopolitical terms,” Derrick told Wired868. “He convinced me that he is serious and he has the academics and international appeal… I invited him to our ExCo meeting and he gave an exceptional account of himself and showed that, if given the opportunity, he can make noise in the race.”
Thus far, the international media has focused on the candidacies of UEFA president and former France football star Michel Platini, who is widely considered to be the favourite, as well as Jordan’s Prince Ali bin Hussein, a FIFA vice president, and Chung Moon-joon, an honorary FIFA vice president and business tycoon.
Derrick’s endorsement could potentially change that.
The Caribbean has 25 of FIFA’s 209 member associations, which is roughly 12 percent of the electorate and more than the South America and Oceania confederations combined.
However, Derrick pointed out that the CFU does not vote as a bloc anymore in the manner it did under former president Jack Warner, who was known to victimise associations that did not toe the line.
“We get together and discuss matters but there is no such thing as a bloc (anymore),” said Derrick. “We try to convince everybody that we should vote in one direction. Last election that didn’t happen, partly because of the confusion with (the arrest of CONCACAF president Jeffrey) Webb.
“But I think the region will continue to come together strong and we will vote based on the needs of the Caribbean because that is who we represent.”
At present, CONCACAF and the Caribbean are reeling from a string of indictments from the United States Department of Justice—two of which were issued to Warner and Webb—for racketeering and money laundering among other charges.
Derrick himself was censured by FIFA for his role in the 2011 Mohamed Bin Hammam bribery scandal, which led to Warner’s disgraceful exit from the game.
But the Antiguan football administrator insisted that he did nothing wrong and never touched any of Bin Hammam’s brown envelopes.
Derrick said he spent the night of 10 May 2011 alongside Antigua and Barbuda Football Association (ABFA) president Everton Gonsalves and compatriot and global cricket icon Sir Viv Richards, who was in Trinidad to shoot a Johnny Walker advertisement.
The Antiguans were sanctioned for failing to report the alleged bribery to the governing body. But Derrick claimed he never saw the envelopes himself since he did not go to collect the “gift bag” on that same night.
And, by the following morning, he woke up to discover that something big was amiss.
“When everything broke, a lot of us didn’t know exactly what was going on,” Derrick told Wired868. “So, out of an abundance of caution, we wanted to hold out and find out what was happening (before we said anything) because it seemed like an attack on the Caribbean more than anything else.
“Everyone can be armchair quarterbacks now. After all the facts are known, it is easy to say that you should have spoken earlier. But Antigua never received any money.
“Nobody said there was money to be given either. (CFU officials) said please pick up your gift package.”
Derrick insisted that he had always been a critic of Warner’s governance and he refused to sign anything in defence of the crooked Trinidadian. But he claimed that FIFA unfairly tarnished the entire region when it went after the former CFU and CONCACAF president.
Read more: http://wired868.com/2015/08/23/cfu-endorses-nakhid-for-fifa-presidency-derrick-wants-to-recover-warner-money/

Divide and conquer... Is what Nakhid needs to watch out for, the fact they don't vote as bloc anymore is ridiculous ... One good thing is that Warner had them voting as a bloc, they should have continued that with the right people in charge... Member nations would then be susceptible to being bought by rivals of Nakhid..

Don't be surprised this election is won or lost under the table...
« Last Edit: August 23, 2015, 04:33:34 PM by Controversial »

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #845 on: August 23, 2015, 05:16:44 PM »
CFU is one thing, but doh neglect UNCAF federations.

Offline trini supporter

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #846 on: August 26, 2015, 08:08:08 AM »
Just got word that David Nakhid would be interviewed on TV4 live tomorrow evening(Thursday) from 6:30pm. There would also be a call in segment.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2015, 08:15:15 AM by trini supporter »

Offline Football supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #847 on: August 27, 2015, 01:36:10 PM »
I will be standing in for the regular presenter on Heritage 101.7fm from 4pm to 6pm today.
I have invited David Nakhid as my guest, so tune in and hear what he has to say about his bid to become FIFA President.

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #848 on: August 27, 2015, 02:36:55 PM »
I will be standing in for the regular presenter on Heritage 101.7fm from 4pm to 6pm today.
I have invited David Nakhid as my guest, so tune in and hear what he has to say about his bid to become FIFA President.

Will tune in...

Online Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #849 on: August 27, 2015, 03:07:38 PM »
WATCH: David Nakhid scores for KSV Waregem against Cercle Brugge on February 24, 1991
http://sporza.be/cm/sporza/videozone/sporten/voetbal/1.2413274

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #850 on: August 27, 2015, 03:09:51 PM »
the host call him "David Nakim" lol :D
« Last Edit: August 27, 2015, 03:14:28 PM by Controversial »

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #851 on: August 27, 2015, 03:49:24 PM »
good interview, nakhid did well, FS had some great points about local football and sport in general...

:beermug:

Offline Football supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #852 on: August 28, 2015, 06:37:02 AM »
David is sounding very statesman-like in his delivery and content. No histrionics, just plain good sense.

He feels he will achieve the required 5 nominations. There are rumours that he may get the backing of Blatters supporters. That, plus the Caribbean, Middle East and the anti Platini cabal in UEFA could make it an interesting election.

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #853 on: August 28, 2015, 08:47:34 AM »
David is sounding very statesman-like in his delivery and content. No histrionics, just plain good sense.

He feels he will achieve the required 5 nominations. There are rumours that he may get the backing of Blatters supporters. That, plus the Caribbean, Middle East and the anti Platini cabal in UEFA could make it an interesting election.

:beermug:

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #854 on: August 28, 2015, 10:06:52 AM »

The message stills needs to be polished, but the overall calculus is sustainable. However, might have been a good idea to be in Guatemala during the first leg of the Central-Comunicaciones battle.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #856 on: August 31, 2015, 10:47:00 AM »
Listen to David Nakhid on the BBC.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p02yg6yp

Starts at roughly 8:50.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2015, 10:58:55 AM by asylumseeker »

Online Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #857 on: September 04, 2015, 11:10:54 AM »
FIFA presidential candidate David Nakhid’s news conference
http://www.tv6tnt.com/sevenpm-news/-Nakhid-Candidacy-Update--2599-324264191.html

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #858 on: September 14, 2015, 02:16:54 AM »
TTFA Statement Regarding David Nakhid's FIFA Presidential bid

Issued on September 10th, 2015; Original available here.

The Trinidad and Tobago Football Association will be backing David Nakhid in the next FIFA Presidential election.

A unanimous decision was taken by the TTFA Executive Committee on Thursday evening to support the former National Senior Team captain. The former Grasshoppers FC midfielder met with members of the TTFA for discussions on his bid to be the next FIFA President which he launched last month.

The TTFA, led by President Raymond Tim Kee, reviewed the manifesto for change proposed by Nakhid and believes it provides the basis for a fresh start for FIFA. The local governing body believes that it is the right time for new blood to be brought in and that Nakhid is capable of leading the world governing body.

“At a meeting of the Executive Committee on Thursday, there was a unanimous decision taken to back Mr Nakhid in the next FIFA Presidential election. We are one for improved governance and transparency at FIFA and it is our belief that Mr Nakhid has the right intentions and qualities for the position,” President Tim Kee stated.

“The focus now has to be on the best interest of the region and the world. The executive committee was impressed by Mr Nakhid's vision for the development of Caribbean football and he displayed the best understanding of the unique needs and great potential of the region,” the TTFA President added.

Nakhid, who is based in Lebanon where he runs the David Nakhid International Football School, needs the backing of five national associations in order to be a candidate. The TTFA is now among those associations that will be backing the 51-year-old American University graduate.

Nakhid also met with members of the Caribbean Football Union last month to gather support.

With just six months to go before FIFA elects a new president, the pool of candidates has grown to seven. The other men in the race are France’s Michel Platini, Jordan’s Prince Ali Bin Al Hussein, former Nigerian player Segun Odegbami, Chung Mong-Joon of South Korea, former Brazilian player Zico and Musa Bility of Liberia.

The election to find a successor to Sepp Blatter will be held in Zurich on February 26th, 2016.

-End-
« Last Edit: September 14, 2015, 02:22:04 AM by asylumseeker »

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #859 on: September 14, 2015, 10:43:50 PM »

VIDEO Report: https://www.facebook.com/CNC3Television/videos/10153636366697996/

He is seeking to attain the most powerful position in world football, the presidency of FIFA.
In this evening's Sport Insight, former national footballer David Nakhid speaks candidly about his life 's journey with Senior Reporter Astil Renn.

Offline kounty

• Hero Warrior
  • Truthfulness is brighter than the light of the sun
    • View Profile
« Reply #860 on: September 26, 2015, 09:20:04 AM »
TTFA Statement Regarding David Nakhid's FIFA Presidential bid

Issued on September 10th, 2015; Original available here.

The Trinidad and Tobago Football Association will be backing David Nakhid in the next FIFA Presidential election.

A unanimous decision was taken by the TTFA Executive Committee on Thursday evening to support the former National Senior Team captain. The former Grasshoppers FC midfielder met with members of the TTFA for discussions on his bid to be the next FIFA President which he launched last month.

The TTFA, led by President Raymond Tim Kee, reviewed the manifesto for change proposed by Nakhid and believes it provides the basis for a fresh start for FIFA. The local governing body believes that it is the right time for new blood to be brought in and that Nakhid is capable of leading the world governing body.

“At a meeting of the Executive Committee on Thursday, there was a unanimous decision taken to back Mr Nakhid in the next FIFA Presidential election. We are one for improved governance and transparency at FIFA and it is our belief that Mr Nakhid has the right intentions and qualities for the position,” President Tim Kee stated.

“The focus now has to be on the best interest of the region and the world. The executive committee was impressed by Mr Nakhid's vision for the development of Caribbean football and he displayed the best understanding of the unique needs and great potential of the region,” the TTFA President added.

Nakhid, who is based in Lebanon where he runs the David Nakhid International Football School, needs the backing of five national associations in order to be a candidate. The TTFA is now among those associations that will be backing the 51-year-old American University graduate.

Nakhid also met with members of the Caribbean Football Union last month to gather support.

With just six months to go before FIFA elects a new president, the pool of candidates has grown to seven. The other men in the race are France’s Michel Platini, Jordan’s Prince Ali Bin Al Hussein, former Nigerian player Segun Odegbami, Chung Mong-Joon of South Korea, former Brazilian player Zico and Musa Bility of Liberia.

The election to find a successor to Sepp Blatter will be held in Zurich on February 26th, 2016.

-End-

Nakhid stock must have taken a bump with the recent news that Platini name get call in boball with Sepp. Good luck David  :beermug:

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #861 on: September 26, 2015, 09:28:16 AM »
Been beating the "no to Platini" drum from Day One. Time to place him on the margins.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #862 on: September 26, 2015, 09:31:47 AM »
P.S. And all now, Figo still puking!

Offline Jumbie

• ~~~ JUMBIE ~~~
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #863 on: September 26, 2015, 11:36:52 AM »
P.S. And all now, Figo still puking!

;)  :rotfl:

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #864 on: October 08, 2015, 01:13:24 PM »
 :whip: :whip: :whip:

The field is clearing ...

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #865 on: October 08, 2015, 01:39:50 PM »

Yeah right. No Trini  getting an exec. position in that org. again.

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #866 on: October 08, 2015, 04:06:27 PM »

Nakhid is Lebanese.....with Bahraini ancestry

Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline ON DE BLOCK

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #867 on: October 08, 2015, 05:14:57 PM »

Nakhid is Lebanese.....with Bahraini ancestry

Nakhid uses the word 'we' often in his dialogue, yes, all ah we is one family, trini to de bone, I-za trini ah trini ah trini, for us born here we sing the songs and talk de talk, Nakhid mention "the man with de hammer" and playing cricket with his uncle on de hill, but no mention of where you were born??? Get real Nakhid trini's doh jus wake up one morning an run for fifa top spot, we know all about the illuminati controlled mass media, fifa is run by rome, what you going an clean up??? Jack had to take orders, you going an change dat???

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #868 on: October 16, 2015, 03:41:21 AM »

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #869 on: October 16, 2015, 05:43:42 AM »
That is AU. I recognized David and the coach Pete. That might be Barry Henderson next to David ? The other might be Troy Regis.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2015, 05:46:09 AM by Deeks »

1]; } ?>