March 28, 2024, 05:03:55 PM

Author Topic: The David Nakhid Thread  (Read 166881 times)

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: The David Nakhid Thread
« Reply #870 on: October 16, 2015, 06:30:27 AM »
More about the St. Mary's Four and how they got to AU.

http://idnc.library.illinois.edu/cgi-bin/illinois?a=d&d=AUE19851025.2.22

The linked article can be converted to PDF. See to the top of the document. You will also be able to see several articles related to T&T. A couple regarding Barry Henderson's long-awaited goal versus George Mason (p.14) and another about a steelband that visited AU in 1985.(p.2)
« Last Edit: October 16, 2015, 06:42:03 AM by asylumseeker »

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #871 on: October 16, 2015, 05:59:55 PM »

https://www.facebook.com/cnewslive/posts/10153641074830610

David Nakhid's campaign team says the former National captain has submitted his candidacy to FIFA to stand in February's emergency presidential election. Campaign strategist Josanne Leonard told The Associated Press by email that "Nakhid's papers and 5 nominations have been lodged with FIFA

Offline MEP

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #872 on: October 18, 2015, 08:23:57 PM »
:whip: :whip: :whip:

The field is clearing ...

Yeah right. No Trini  getting an exec. position in that org. again.
Nakhid is Lebanese.....with Bahraini ancestry

no padnah...yuh far from the truth.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #873 on: October 18, 2015, 08:43:42 PM »
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Nakhid challenges Europe's power, wealth of rivals in pitch for FIFA presidency
« Reply #874 on: October 19, 2015, 12:55:59 PM »
Ex-player Nakhid challenges Europe's power, wealth of rivals in pitch for FIFA presidency
By Rob Harris (Associated Press)

Between bursts of tactical advice to youngsters on a soccer field in Lebanon, David Nakhid set out his vision for transforming FIFA.

To many in world soccer, Nakhid will be as unknown as the 12-year-old boys in the academy team under his guidance this Sunday morning. But the former captain of Trinidad and Tobago's national team is now appealing to FIFA's 209 members to entrust him with replacing Sepp Blatter and overhauling perhaps the most discredited institution in sport.

It says much about the culture of fear in football politics that Nakhid avoids naming the five federations who nominated him to stand for the FIFA presidency.

"People are afraid ... if I should not win the presidency there might be recriminations," Nakhid said in a telephone interview with The Associated Press on Sunday. "Imagine that."

Even as corruption and bribery scandals engulf football, Nakhid wants to put the game itself at the top of his election agenda.

"We can talk about transparency and corruption ad infinitum," he said. "In the end the way to address things is if you really have to address the problem about the lack of development.

"Development happens on the field not in offices. They (FIFA currently) stay in their offices and give out money ... the whole remedy for them is throw money at it."

Nakhid wants to distinguish himself from his rivals by accentuating his connection to the game on the field as a player in the United States, Europe and Middle East before taking on coaching jobs and opening an academy in Lebanon.

Ahead of the Oct. 26 cut-off, only two others have asked to be approved as candidates so far. They have a far higher profile, but only one is likely to be declared eligible: Former FIFA Vice President Prince Ali bin al-Hussein, the Jordan federation head, and UEFA President Michel Platini, who is in his second week of a 90-day suspension as he is investigated by FIFA's ethics committee.

Asian Football Confederation president Sheikh Salman Bin Ebrahim Al Khalif of Bahrain is also considering entering the race.

"I'm not Mr. Moneybags, I have no luxury of being a prince or being with deep pockets but what I do have is message," Nakhid said.

Nakhid wants to stop wealth and power in the game converging in Europe to the detriment of leagues even in established territories like Brazil.

"The global model is untenable, you have a system where all the European countries are going to annihilate the powerhouses of other nations," Nakhid said. "Europe has to be more equitable and more honest in how they handle global football. They have a responsibility.

"Europe still complain they want money for the players who represent (teams) in the World Cup because they have that power. They are organized to that extent. But what about the rest of the world ... that is marginalized, that is left out. Who presents their case?"

As he kept one eye on the players under his guidance on Sunday morning in Lebanon, Sunday's 30-minute interview is punctuated by shouting orders to the youngsters — "wide, wide, wide" — while drawing footballing analogies for his campaign messages.

"Expansion without depth equals stagnation," Nakhid said, pointing to how squads require balance of depth of talent. "Without depth you never get true development."

Although Blatter has turned FIFA into a $5-billion behemoth over the last four years, Nakhid contends that the cash dispersed to nations is not filtering down to projects where it is most needed.

Nakhid highlights the incongruity of India, with a population of more than 1.2 billion and vibrant footballing fan base, having never played at a World Cup.

When Nakhid goes on the campaign trail, the name of compatriot Jack Warner is likely to come up.

The former FIFA Vice President and CONCACAF leader was banned from the game for life earlier this month after being indicted on bribery charges in the United States.

But Nakhid has challenged Warner's power for much of his life, first as a player and then an assistant coach for Trinidad and Tobago's 2006 World Cup team.

"When I was 24 years old I labeled him the consummate liar because I knew he was never for football," the 51-year-old Nakhid said.

Nakhid insists that's exactly what he is.

A player in Europe between 1988 and 1995 for Grasshoppers in Switzerland, Waregem in Belgium and PAOK in Greece, Nakhid moved to Lebanon to join Al Ansar before signing up with the New England Revolution in Major League Soccer between 1997 and 1998. Before ending his career at Al Ansar between 2000 and 2001, he played at Al Emirates in the United Arab Emirates.

In his post-playing career, Nakhid has run an academy in Beirut since 2006.

Having spent much of his recent career in relative anonymity, Nakhid's challenge is to convince more than a 105 football federations to vote for him in four months.

"I hope to win hearts and minds of the people and get them out of a system of patronage," he said. "That is going to be critical in the next five to ten years."

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #875 on: October 22, 2015, 05:28:53 AM »
Caribbean FIFA presidential candidate takes a swipe at his main rivals
Antigua Observer

ZURICH, Switzerland (CMC) — Former Trinidad and Tobago midfielder, David Nakhid, a FIFA presidential candidate, has taken a swipe at his main rivals for football’s top position.

Nakhid, who has officially launched his campaign, said neither Jordanian Prince Ali Bin Al Hussein nor the president of Asian soccer, Sheikh Salman Bin Ebrahim Al Khalifa of Bahrain would be good solutions for the troubled organisation which has been hit by a series of corruption scandals.

Prince Ali has put in his nomination and Sheikh Salman is also expected to do so before the October 26 deadline for the vote four months later.

“You look at Prince Ali, someone who has been head of his own association since he was 23, 16 years. Now he wants to come and talk about reform?” questioned Nakhid.

“He has been there 16 years by decree. What can he tell us about reform? Has he had a challenger in those 16 years or has been there as a Prince? Come on.”

Nakhid has successfully secured the five nominations from national associations needed to become a candidate and has submitted his paperwork to FIFA’s election committee.

Prince Ali and Sheikh Salman are considered front-runners to replace outgoing Sepp Blatter.

“He (Sheikh Salman) has been part of that circle no matter what is said,” said Nakhid, who has played club football in the Swiss league and North America’s Major League Soccer and now runs a football academy in Lebanon.

“He (Sheikh Salman) has been around in Asia and if you know a bit about Asian football and the acrimonious battles that were waged and then you know it is going to be hard to split these guys from anything that has gone on”.

Nakhid, 51, who has played 35 times for Trinidad and Tobago between 1992 and 2005, says he wants a public debate involving all candidates vying for the position of FIFA president.

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #876 on: October 28, 2015, 06:33:45 AM »
Nakhid has been excluded from standing for FIFA president. Stand by for details.
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #877 on: October 28, 2015, 06:42:09 AM »
FIFA presidential race: Seven left in as David Nakhid drops out
skysports.com

Seven candidates have been declared for FIFA's presidential election, but David Nakhid is not among them.

The former Trinidad and Tobago international was one of eight men who said they would stand in the February contest to succeed Sepp Blatter.

But a statement from FIFA confirmed member associations had endorsed just seven candidates, and Nakhid's advisers say his exclusion is "a shocking development".

A formal response from Nakhid, who is currently travelling an unaware of the latest news, is expected later on Wednesday.

Michel Platini remains on the list despite the fact he is currently serving a suspension while allegations of a "disloyal payment" signed off by Blatter are investigated.

The FIFA statement said: "[Platini's] candidature will not be processed by the Ad-hoc Electoral Committee as long as such a ban is valid and in force.

"Should such a ban be lifted or expire before the FIFA presidential election, the Ad-hoc Electoral Committee would decide, depending on the respective exact point in time, on how to proceed with the candidature concerned."

All seven candidates will now be assessed by the independent Ethics Committee before the Ad-Hoc Electoral Committee makes a final decision on which candidates can stand.

FIFA presidential candidates: Prince Ali bin al-Hussein, Musa Bility, Jerome Champagne, Gianni Infantino, Michel Platini, Sheikh Salman bin Ebrahim al-Khalifa, Tokyo Sexwale.

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #878 on: October 28, 2015, 06:45:30 AM »
According to the UK Guardian:

"Nakhid, a former Trinidad and Tobago international, had stated his intention to stand but was absent from the list released by the governing body. Although he had the five required nominations, one of his backers broke election rules by also supporting another candidate.

“In view of this, the [election] committee decided not to consider Mr Nakhid’s application as it did not fulfil the required five declarations of support,” Fifa said in a statement."

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #879 on: October 28, 2015, 06:46:33 AM »
Sound like some BS to me. He is not part of the establishment. So they can't take chances. I know this sounds conspiratorial but really?

Offline grimm01

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #880 on: October 28, 2015, 07:25:49 AM »
Sound like some BS to me. He is not part of the establishment. So they can't take chances. I know this sounds conspiratorial but really?

I doh think yuh far off at all.

The voting members of FIFA have profited and benefited from Blatter forever. FIFA is a closed, insular system designed to sustain itself (like the mafia or a gang) so no one person can drive radical change without either convincing the existing members to risk their own interests for a greater payoff or removing a majority of the entrenched members. In the end, what I think FIFA fears most is transparency. Any new leader will make reforms, but a promoted insider will know how to make some reforms while keeping people's pockets whole.

The problem for Nakhid is not that he is is an outsider, it is he is an unknown quantity and people in the system cannot vouch for him. The guy from South Africa Tokyo Sexwale is an outsider but they know him from the SA WC organizing committee. Realistically speaking, they know Nakhid has a very low chance of winning, but the biggest risk of him as an unknown is allowing him a peek behind the curtain to see how the system really operates.

Offline Quags

• use to b compre . Founder of the militant wing of the Soca Warriors
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #881 on: October 28, 2015, 07:51:02 AM »
His last press interview maybe did him in, he insulted his oopponent's .He should have maybe just quietly snuck in before starting to throw punches.

Offline Mad Scorpion a/k/a Big Bo$$

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #882 on: October 28, 2015, 08:52:37 AM »

I agree with you. 

So if a member nation already endorse him and then endorse another, why wouldn't they simply invalidate the second nomination?  Far too easy a remedy when yuh aim is to remove this maverick that might come een and make waves after seeing the gears in motion.

Offline kounty

• Hero Warrior
  • Truthfulness is brighter than the light of the sun
    • View Profile
« Reply #883 on: October 28, 2015, 09:07:03 AM »
wow. that is a blow!

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #884 on: October 28, 2015, 09:13:53 AM »

Don't be afraid to call the shot. The ball has been delivered. It is not necessarily conspiratorial.

If one examines the composition of the '8', and the available areas of manoevre that would be available to Nakhid as a candidate positioning for "space" through the rounds, and also galvanizing between now and February, one could discern where the vulnerabilities from within UEFA's perspective would lie.

As the only former player in the race (Platini notwithstanding), there are other factors insinuated in this development.

Moreover, if two candidates received overlapping support, why does the benefit of the support detract from one candidate, but not the other candidate?

All is not well in this equation.

(By the way, allyuh realize ah Trini is on the instructing side of the Ethics Committee?)

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #885 on: October 28, 2015, 09:14:00 AM »
That sounds kinds shady if you ask me. Nakhid should oppose that if he can.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #886 on: October 28, 2015, 09:21:55 AM »

I doh think yuh far off at all.

The voting members of FIFA have profited and benefited from Blatter forever. FIFA is a closed, insular system designed to sustain itself (like the mafia or a gang) so no one person can drive radical change without either convincing the existing members to risk their own interests for a greater payoff or removing a majority of the entrenched members. In the end, what I think FIFA fears most is transparency. Any new leader will make reforms, but a promoted insider will know how to make some reforms while keeping people's pockets whole.

The problem for Nakhid is not that he is is an outsider, it is he is an unknown quantity and people in the system cannot vouch for him. The guy from South Africa Tokyo Sexwale is an outsider but they know him from the SA WC organizing committee. Realistically speaking, they know Nakhid has a very low chance of winning, but the biggest risk of him as an unknown is allowing him a peek behind the curtain to see how the system really operates.

I would be 'cautious' in characterizing Sexwale as an outsider.

Offline spideybuff

• Hero Warrior
  • Certant omnes sed non omnibus palma
    • View Profile
« Reply #887 on: October 28, 2015, 09:56:51 AM »
Anybody could contact Nakhid to get the real story here? I sure somebody on the board is talk to him
You either die the hero or live long enough to become the villain

Offline ribbit

• Hero Warrior
  • T & T We Want A Goal !
    • View Profile
« Reply #888 on: October 28, 2015, 10:49:55 AM »

Don't be afraid to call the shot. The ball has been delivered. It is not necessarily conspiratorial.

If one examines the composition of the '8', and the available areas of manoevre that would be available to Nakhid as a candidate positioning for "space" through the rounds, and also galvanizing between now and February, one could discern where the vulnerabilities from within UEFA's perspective would lie.

As the only former player in the race (Platini notwithstanding), there are other factors insinuated in this development.

Moreover, if two candidates received overlapping support, why does the benefit of the support detract from one candidate, but not the other candidate?

All is not well in this equation.

(By the way, allyuh realize ah Trini is on the instructing side of the Ethics Committee?)

sounds like the supporter might have said something on the side to the committee.

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #889 on: October 28, 2015, 06:48:53 PM »
NAKHID FIFA Presidency bid rejected:

Nakhid cries Sabotage

SOURCE
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #890 on: October 28, 2015, 07:22:31 PM »
http://m.virginislandsdailynews.com/sports/territory-soccer-association-re-elects-president-frederick-1.1895078

He has no idea about an electoral process? Disingenuous nonsense.

He didn't think he would be identified.

Offline ON DE BLOCK

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #891 on: October 28, 2015, 07:43:29 PM »
how jack warner get in? the usa needed to win their wcq here in tt, so the only way nakhid getting in is if the same history repeat itself, so in other words hard luck nakhid.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #892 on: October 29, 2015, 06:45:45 PM »
T&T Football: Nakhid cries sabotage after spoilt FIFA nomination
SportsMax

Daivd Nakhid, the former Trinidad and Tobago midfielder, who is seeking to replace Sepp Blatter as president of FIFA, is crying foul after his bid was thrown out because of a spoilt nomination.

Nakhid’s aspirations were thrown for a loop when it was revealed that one of his five nominations, the United States Virgin Islands, had already nominated another candidate.

Under FIFA’s electoral rules, that renders both nominations invalid.

Nahkid, speaking with Digicel SportsMax’s SportsMax Zone, first of all, believes the rule that has deemed him ineligible for the presidential runoff, in this particular instance, runs contrary to the fairness of the democratic process.

“When you look at the circumstances, the electoral committee, by the very nature of their existence, is to ensure fair and transparent elections and that the process is held to the highest standards,” Nakhid said.

Those standards, Nahkid said were breached by the committee, which he claims asked him to urge the United States Virgin Islands to send their letter of support at the last minute.

According to Nakhid, the group must have known that the USVI had already supported a bid for nomination.

“If they were aware that USVI had already sent a nomination they breached their own ethics.”

“It’s obviously an undermining of the electoral process,” said Nakhid, explaining that FIFA contacted his team to let them know the USVI letter had not been received by the World Governing Body.

That fact, Nakhid said, sent alarm bells ringing in his head because FIFA’s actions prove they must have been aware of another bid from the USVI.

That being said, Nakhid is appealing the decision to leave him out of the FIFA presidential race.

“We have launched an appeal. Not against Hilaren, he knows what he did, against the electoral committee because they were quite aware, up until the 23rd, that the United States Virgin Islands had already submitted a bid for nomination.”

Nakhid went on to point out that the Caribbean had been disenfranchised by the actions of someone from within the region’s boundaries, something that, he says, happens too often.

“The Caribbean people have been cut short of a voice by one of our own,” Nakhid remonstrated.

The person Nakhid refers to is USVI President Hillaren Frederick, who he says never told his team he had voted for another person to be nominated.

“In the last hours of the nomination he submitted a bid in order to sabotage our candidacy,” Nakhid alleges, throwing out Frederick’s response to the news of Nakhid’s ousting. Frederick said he was unaware of the article in FIFA’s electoral process that negates associations bidding for more than one candidate.

“Marcus Garvey, Malcolm X, they spoke about this. In our midst we would have house slaves. People who will basically sell out their people for little or no patronage and this is what we have with the United States Virgin Islands,” an obviously angry Nakhid said.

“Never had he mentioned to us that he had voted for someone and it was done in such a surreptitious way and we have all the emails and all the evidence.”
« Last Edit: October 30, 2015, 02:20:06 PM by asylumseeker »

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #893 on: October 29, 2015, 07:20:15 PM »
how jack warner get in? the usa needed to win their wcq here in tt, so the only way nakhid getting in is if the same history repeat itself, so in other words hard luck nakhid.

Jack bide his time. And he was definitely helped by Joao Havalenge. There is no 2 ways about that. Havalenge was always sure of CFU/Concacaf  votes. That is why Jack made it to the executive boardroom.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2015, 09:55:51 AM by Deeks »

Offline Mad Scorpion a/k/a Big Bo$$

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #894 on: October 30, 2015, 08:33:27 AM »
I like Nakhid persistency.  Even if he don't get in he will expose their attempts to block him.  If indeed USVI already submitted an endorsement of a candidate, then FIFA had no business asking him for a letter from them.  Instead they were at that point supposed to inform him that they cannot accept a nomination from USVI as they already sent one for another candidate.  Keep making noise Nakhid and expose dem b!tches an dem!

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #895 on: October 30, 2015, 02:07:29 PM »
so why not run for TTFA Prez and help our local football?

or is TT football not big enough???

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #896 on: October 30, 2015, 02:18:19 PM »
so why not run for TTFA Prez and help our local football?

or is TT football not big enough???

Not commenting as to the substantive prong. However, procedurally, the deadline has passed.

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #897 on: October 31, 2015, 11:03:37 PM »

DAVID NAKHID RESPONDS TO FIFA REJECTION. See Video.. https://www.facebook.com/CNC3Television/videos/10153729737057996/

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #898 on: November 01, 2015, 09:19:42 AM »
That comment by RTK was unhelpful added no value and was not what one would expect of one who participated in the FIFA nomination process.

The language of "it is what it is" is not the language of "conviction". It is not the language of recognizing that the process was devalued (and as a stakeholder RTK should understand this. Frankly, it is a comment that is not vested with presidential consideration. Acquiescence  - as a trait in that office - is not desirable. People with convictions should express the language of conviction.

This holds for the president of the TTFA and to all aspirants to that office.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2015, 09:25:41 AM by asylumseeker »

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
FIFA candidate David Nakhid on list of those receiving money from Bin Hammam
« Reply #899 on: November 01, 2015, 11:14:58 AM »
FIFA candidate David Nakhid on list of those receiving money from Mohammed Bin Hammam as he looks to get back in race
By Nick Harris (Daily Mail)

One of the candidates who entered FIFA’s presidential race appears on a secret list of recipients of funding from disgraced Qatari official Mohammed Bin Hammam according to paperwork obtained by the Mail on Sunday.

But the candidate in question, David Nakhid, a former Trinidad and Tobago international midfielder now forced out of the FIFA race due to a nominations error, has denied ever receiving cash from Bin Hammam.

The paperwork summarises money distributed from bank accounts controlled by Bin Hammam and includes payments to someone with the name David Nakhid. The transfers in question include a sum of $11,390 (£7,400) in April 2009 and a payment of $11,000 (£7,100) in June 2009.

Bin Hammam, a former president of the Asian Football Confederation and former vice-president of FIFA has been banned for football for life after a series of bribery and conflict of interest scandals.

Nakhid, 51, was widely perceived as a breath of fresh air in the FIFA presidential race. He played at club level in Switzerland, the USA and Sweden among other places, played for his country, and launched his presidential candidacy on a platform of reform, transparency and redistribution. Since 2006 he has run a football academy in Lebanon.

In an exclusive interview last week with the Mail on Sunday, Nakhid said his presidential campaign was being funded by ‘family and friends.’

When showed the paperwork purporting to show money transferred to him from Bin Hammam, he said: ‘I have no idea what that is … I’m ready to show my accounts to anyone. I’ve never even met Mohammed bin Hammam, ever, in my life. I can’t imagine what that [reference] is in 2009, or at any other time. I’ve never met the guy. Never.’

Nakhid’s nomination for the FIFA presidency was supported by five Caribbean FAs. The morning after the MoS interview, FIFA announced his candidacy had been deemed ineligible because one of the nominating FAs - the US Virgin Islands - had nominated more than one candidate, which is against the rules.

Therefore the USVI’s nomination for him was effectively struck off, meaning he did not have the five required nominations to continue.

Nakhid is appealing to FIFA’s electoral committee, saying they should have known about the multiple nominations, and given him a chance to rectify it, before striking him out.

Nakhid’s campaign manager, Josanne Leonard, said yesterday: ‘We’ve been advised to await word from legal counsel which should be early next week. As soon we’re apprised this information will be shared.’

1]; } ?>