March 29, 2024, 02:19:55 AM

Author Topic: Uzbek & Bahrain Game Null & Void  (Read 5662 times)

Offline grimm01

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Uzbek & Bahrain Game Null & Void
« on: September 06, 2005, 08:43:26 AM »
FIFA real jokey yes. Imagine Uzbekistan win the game, get rob a penalty opportunity to win by more, and then FIFA turn around and nullify the game because the ref mess up the penalty.  :rotfl:

This of course has implications for the 4th place CONCACAF team.
http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story?id=341697&cc=5901

Uzbekistan and Bahrain to play it again

TOKYO, Sept 6 (Reuters) - FIFA have declared the result of Saturday's Asian World Cup qualifying play-off between Uzbekistan and Bahrain void and ordered a replay following a refereeing blunder.

Soccer's governing body ruled on Tuesday that Japanese referee Toshimitsu Yoshida made a 'technical error' in disallowing an Uzbekistan penalty and then awarding Bahrain a free kick instead of ordering it to be retaken.

Uzbekistan's 1-0 home victory has been wiped out and Wednesday's second leg in Bahrain has been postponed. The tie will instead be played on October 8 and 12.

'Taking into consideration that the referee...had indeed committed a technical error, as a consequence, the match needed to be replayed,' FIFA said in a statement.

Yoshida waved off Server Djeparov's 39th-minute penalty in Tashkent and gave Bahrain an indirect free kick after spotting an infringement.

'In such a situation, the laws of the game require the referee to order the penalty kick to be retaken,' said FIFA.

The decision was approved by Lennart Johansson, chairman of the 2006 World Cup organising committee.

Uzbekistan, however, are still unhappy with the verdict after FIFA rejected their request to be awarded a 3-0 win.

'NOT FAIR'

'Obviously it is not fair for us to replay the whole game after winning 1-0 and then being robbed of a successful penalty,' Uzbekistan Football Federation (UFF) spokesman Sanjar Rizayev said.

Rizayev added that UFF officials would attend the FIFA congress in Morocco on September 10 and lobby for the game to be restarted from the penalty incident with Uzbekistan 1-0 up.

'Since FIFA did not award us a 3-0 win as we demanded, we ask for the first leg to be replayed starting in the 38th minute with that penalty being retaken,' he said.

Yoshida refused to elaborate on his decision after the match and remained tightlipped about the row on Tuesday.

'At the moment, I'm not in a position to make a direct comment on it,' Yoshida told Reuters. 'I have not been contacted by the Japan Football Association so it would be wrong to say anything.'

The winners of the tie will play the fourth-placed team from the CONCACAF region over two legs for a place at next year's World Cup in Germany.

Japan, South Korea, Iran and Saudi Arabia have already secured the four automatic Asian spots.

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
  • Red, White and Black till death
    • View Profile
    • We Reach
Re: Uzbek & Bahrain Game Null & Void
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2005, 09:07:36 AM »
This is beyond ridiculous. If the call is being made supposedly in favour of Uzbekistan then they should have the right to let the result stand.

This is a clear case where the letter of the law takes precedent over the spirit. It really have money in Bahrain boy. Tief Uzbejkistan and when the tief ent pay off, play a next game to tief again.

And what kind of clown referee is that.

Talking about that when I see the decisions that ref was giving on Saturday the first thing I think was that the ref was soooo bad that I rather have Pendergast than a Mexican reffing the game.
THE WARRIORS WILL NOT BE DENIED.

Offline arrow

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2005, 09:25:12 AM »
This is beyond ridiculous. If the call is being made supposedly in favour of Uzbekistan then they should have the right to let the result stand.

But Uzbek doesn't want the 1-nil result to stand.  They were looking for a 3-nil which of course they won't get.  But I think they should re-play it from the 38 min with Uzbek 1-nil up and starting with the penalty to be retaken.
If they leave the score at 1-nil that could end up killing them if they lose the return fixture in Bahrain.

Offline pass(10trini)

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2005, 09:26:30 AM »
alyuh recognise technically we win dat match 5-2 because dem two disallowed goals by dat refree on saturday was good goals .
Stag is a man's beer-
Ah beer is ah carib
choose one

Offline oconnorg

• PROUD MEMBER OF THE WARRIOR NATION
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2005, 09:46:33 AM »

This is a clear case where the letter of the law takes precedent over the spirit. It really have money in Bahrain boy. Tief Uzbejkistan and when the tief ent pay off, play a next game to tief again.

And what kind of clown referee is that.

Talking about that when I see the decisions that ref was giving on Saturday the first thing I think was that the ref was soooo bad that I rather have Pendergast than a Mexican reffing the game.

Pendergast  boy??? Nah dred.!! He is real theraphy
COMMISSIONER OF THE ANTI WAGGONIST ASSOCIATION OF TRINIDAD AND TOBAGO (AWATT)

The Warrior Nation
www.TheWarriorNation.com

Offline Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2005, 09:49:14 AM »
True, I didnt see Yorke goal as being offside from the replays a hundred times, and Stern winning goal was close, but good.
But is always a different thing when u are the linesman with his view.

Best we ask FIFA to replay the 1973 fiasco game vs Haiti while we at it?!?!?!
Only fair.

Offline oconnorg

• PROUD MEMBER OF THE WARRIOR NATION
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2005, 09:57:53 AM »
True, I didnt see Yorke goal as being offside from the replays a hundred times, and Stern winning goal was close, but good.
But is always a different thing when u are the linesman with his view.

Best we ask FIFA to replay the 1973 fiasco game vs Haiti while we at it?!?!?!
Only fair.

One of the lines men was out of position most times when he made calls against us.!!
COMMISSIONER OF THE ANTI WAGGONIST ASSOCIATION OF TRINIDAD AND TOBAGO (AWATT)

The Warrior Nation
www.TheWarriorNation.com

Offline BigToe

• Hero Warrior
  • Laaaaard, ah cyan take it no more
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2005, 10:17:22 AM »

alyuh recognise technically we win dat match 5-2 because dem two disallowed goals by dat refree on saturday was good goals .

They definitely were good goals. Also, looking at the replay of the last goal. Sten was clearly onside.

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2005, 11:17:38 AM »
Since when Fifa overturning results?
Big shift in policy...they do this before?

What if Bahrain come back and win now...pressure.  How u cud play a whole game and then just throw it out...what kinda ting is that.
And what about Bahrain....how u cud penalise them for a ref mistake.

Is best they just stay consistent and leave the results alone unless it had some corruption.
If they so concerned about mistakes then have the 4th official intervene during the game or something but they opening a can of worms with this.....who to say what classifies as a technically bad call shud cancel a whole damn game!!!!

Leave it alone...losing big tings because of human error is part of the game...try yuh best to rectify it during the game but not after....dat is trouble.  The only result that will cause no trouble is the same 1-0.

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 06, 2005, 11:41:59 AM »
I saw the incident.  When the Uzbek runnin up to kick de penalty, another Uzbek run into the box on the left of the D.  The ref blow and award a free kick to Bahrain.

I agree with dcs, this is setting a dangerous precedent.  I thought that the result always stood.

This smell real fishy
And iz not like the result woulda swing.  Lennart Johansson is a real chupidee.

Offline SHOTTA

• HE WHO HESITATES MASTURBATES
  • Hero Warrior
  • NIGGAS JUST HATE ME BECAUSE THEY CANT BE ME
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 06, 2005, 02:55:28 PM »
is this the play off in relation to the people we hav to play in terms of 4th place
now that we have mastered the language we can wield it as we may

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • We Reach
« Reply #11 on: September 06, 2005, 02:58:31 PM »
is this the play off in relation to the people we hav to play in terms of 4th place

Yes

Offline SHOTTA

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 06, 2005, 05:26:09 PM »
JDB IS IT ASIA OR OCEIANA THAT THE PLAYOFF IS AGAINST??

AND IS THE PLAYOFF HOME AND AWAY OR JUS TWO GAMES ON MUTUAL GROUND????

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 06, 2005, 05:38:08 PM »

Excerpted from FIFA's official Preliminary Competition Format for the North / Central Americans and Carribbean Zone.

Play-off North, Central America and the Caribbean/Asia
The 4th placed CONCACAF team will play off with the 5th placed team from Asia. Decisions as to the exact timings and which team should play the first leg at home will be passed by the Organising Committee for the FIFA World Cup™ at a later date.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline SHOTTA

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 06, 2005, 05:56:19 PM »
once again tallman your skiil at finding info is immaculate

can u play striker as good as your information???

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 06, 2005, 06:06:44 PM »
can u play striker as good as your information???

As ah striker, I is ah waste ah time  ;D.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline spideybuff

• Hero Warrior
  • Certant omnes sed non omnibus palma
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 07, 2005, 08:26:59 AM »

4th Concacaf plays 5th Asia, while Oceania plays 5th place S. America. This just makes no sense to me. Asia and Oceania right there and Concacaf and S. America close to each other, if these 4 teams have to play each other won't it just be logical to let the geographical locations determine the playoffs? I not complaining here though...just thankful to the Godfather once again. I mean Uzbekistan or Bahrain as compared to 2 Time world cup winner Uruguay...

All playoffs are a home and away basis. It will most likely be played on the same days as the European playoffs in November which is Saturday and Wednesday so that's a small turnaround time for those long trips...
You either die the hero or live long enough to become the villain

Offline nomad warrior

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
Scouting Bahrain and Uzbekhistan
« Reply #17 on: September 07, 2005, 10:13:23 PM »
Ok so look like we playing for 4th place now. anyone know anything about these 2 teams? they have ANY world class players? any stats at all?!?!

peace

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • We Reach
Re: Scouting Bahrain and Uzbekhistan
« Reply #18 on: September 08, 2005, 06:29:02 AM »
Ok so look like we playing for 4th place now. anyone know anything about these 2 teams? they have ANY world class players? any stats at all?!?!

peace

One thing at a time vb. Right now we have enough work coming up with a plan for Panama.

Offline spideybuff

• Hero Warrior
  • Certant omnes sed non omnibus palma
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 08, 2005, 06:36:35 AM »
I remember I looked up all the asian teams before the hex started and posted some stuff. I can't remember much now but I remember reasing that Uzbekistan were a team to watch out for. They have a european coach of some merit and were playing some good ball, people were expecting them to challenge for an automatic spot. I think they made the top four in the asian cup or something like that
You either die the hero or live long enough to become the villain

Offline ANC2

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Uzbek, Bahrain ---& FIFA
« Reply #20 on: November 06, 2005, 11:03:16 AM »
Maybe people already discuss this but something fishy wid FIFA and Bahrain
Uzbek leading 1-0 penalty call for Uzbek. Ref blow for encroachment and make a mistake and give Bahrain the ball for an indirect. But Uzebek win the game anyway. So why FIFA step in and call for replay. It was Uzbek penalty, Uzebek get rob and they win anyway. So dem get punish twice.
Something Fishy---smells of a bribe from Bahrain  ;D

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
Re: Uzbek, Bahrain ---& FIFA
« Reply #21 on: November 06, 2005, 11:13:54 AM »
I was wondering about this. I wonder if FIFA woulda do anything if the Uzbeks din complain. I feel money pass. That decision was awful.

A better decision would have been to replay the game and start it at 1-0 at the penalty spot with the correct time on the clock. This was similar to what happened in La Liga last year with Sociedad and Madrid. Even this may have been harsh. I thought the correct decision would have been to give the Uzbeks a 3-0 lead into the second leg.

Offline bahraini4life

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 06, 2005, 11:19:41 AM »
for you to know bahrain didnt like the disition and also appeled against it!!!

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • We Reach
« Reply #23 on: November 06, 2005, 11:20:12 AM »
Apparently Uzbekistan complained and requested a default victory scoreline (3-0 I believe).

They couldn't get this for obvious reasons and to be right FIFA couldn't even give them a 2-3 win because there is no guarantee that th epen would have even been scored.

It is sad but Uzbekistan screwed themselves. I don't know if they thought that the first game was easy and that they would get more goals the second time. To my mind if they felt they were better they should have just moved on to the 2nd leg with the 1-0 win instead of starting over from scratch and giving Bahrain a fresh start.

The good news for us is that of the two team Uzbekistan is probably stronger.

Offline ricky

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 06, 2005, 11:26:06 AM »
The reports I read that it was in fact a Uzbek lead protest, they wanted the 2-0 result and tried to get the match called a 3-0 forfeit in the protest.  SO i think infact the Uzbeks are the fools for doing that, they could have been happy with the 1-0 result but wanted a larger margin at home.

FIFA invalidates Uzbekistan-Bahrain result; match to be replayed
6 September 2005
by FIFAworldcup.com

Enlarge Photo
Photo Gallery
FIFA confirmed today that the result of the 2006 FIFA World Cup Germany™ qualifying match between Uzbekistan and Bahrain on 3 September 2005 has been declared invalid and must be replayed. In order to respect the drawn order of the matches, the first leg is to be replayed in Uzbekistan on 8 October 2005, with the second leg match to be rescheduled for 12 October 2005 in Bahrain.
The decision was taken by the Bureau of the 2006 FIFA World Cup Germany™ Organising Committee following a formal protest from the Uzbekistan Football Federation concerning a technical error by the referee of the match.

According to Art. 12.4 (b) and 14.1 of the Regulations for the 2006 FIFA World Cup™, all protests, including those against technical errors committed by referees, are to be decided by the Organising Committee for the 2006 FIFA World Cup Germany™. A bureau of the Organising Committee may pass a decision in lieu of the plenary committee in urgent matters.

The Bureau, composed of Chairman Lennart Johansson, Deputy Chairman Julio Grondona, Dr Chung Mong Joon and FIFA General Secretary Urs Linsi, took the decision based on the following facts:
1) At the score of 1-0 in favour of Uzbekistan, in the 39th minute of the match, the referee decided to award a penalty kick to Uzbekistan;
2) The penalty kick was taken and led to goal in favour of Uzbekistan;
3) Before the penalty kick was carried out, an Uzbek player entered the penalty area;
4) Consequently, the referee awarded an indirect free kick to the Bahrain team;
5) However, in such a situation, the Laws of the Game require the referee to order the penalty kick to be retaken;
6) The captain of Uzbekistan team protested to the referee immediately after the mistake had taken place and before the game had restarted. This protest was confirmed after the match;
7) This technical error was confirmed by the match commissioner and the referee inspector in their respective reports;
8) Uzbekistan protested the decision of the referee in a written request, asking for the match to be "cancelled" and be evaluated with a 3-0 forfeit result;

The bureau, taking into consideration that the referee in the match in question had indeed committed a technical error, established that, as a consequence, the match needed to be replayed. As a result, the protest put forward by the Uzbekistan team for the match to be considered a forfeit with a 3–0 result is rejected. In accordance with Art. 12.6 of the Regulations 2006 FIFA World Cup Germany™, this decision is final and binding.

« Last Edit: November 06, 2005, 11:29:53 AM by ricky »

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • We Reach
« Reply #25 on: November 06, 2005, 11:28:18 AM »

You should have given them a 2-0 lead in the replay then.

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #26 on: November 06, 2005, 11:32:44 AM »

I don't question your honesty but I find it rather difficult to fathom what grounds would the BFF argue.

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • We Reach
« Reply #27 on: November 06, 2005, 11:33:52 AM »
They probably argued to get the replay but it certainly wasn't in the spirit of fairness or becaus ethey were feeling bad for Uzbekistan.

Offline ricky

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 06, 2005, 11:34:23 AM »
 our little bahrain firend is correct, i also read the Bahrainis were unhappy with the decision and had to do the replay. (for some reason i cant find the article again)  They must have been happy with the 1-0 loss and were expecting it to be worse, as were the Uzbeks....more proof that team is shit  :rotfl:  I cant see anyone who would not want a 1-0 loss replayed!!!!  unless they tink that flatered them
« Last Edit: November 06, 2005, 11:36:56 AM by ricky »

Offline bahraini4life

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 06, 2005, 11:35:41 AM »
"I feel money pass"

thats what im talking about!

1]; } ?>