April 27, 2024, 01:14:42 PM

Author Topic: TTFA Football Clinics Thead  (Read 12361 times)

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
TTFA Football Clinics Thead
« on: January 20, 2014, 05:20:09 PM »
TTFA launches community youth football clinics
By Shaun Fuentes (TTFA)

His Excellency, President of the Republic of Trinidad and Tobago Anthony Carmona officially launched the Trinidad and Tobago Football Association Youth Football Clinics at the VIP Lounge of the Hasely Crawford Stadium on Monday morning.

President Carmona, who is also a patron of the TTFA, spoke in glowing terms of the efforts of the TTFA in putting on these clinics which is part of a collaboration with One World Futbol and Chevrolet.

At the launch it was announced that the TTFA will team up with Lifestyle Motors, Bmobile and BG T&T to conduct a series of coaching clinics commencing Saturday, January 25th in Blanchisseuse.

Dubbed the TTFA Youth Football Community Clinics,the program is the TTFA grassroots initiative designed to encourage boys and girls to play football in a fun, nurturing and non-competitive environment.

TTFA Technical director Anton Corneal and a team of local community coaches will oversee the program while Mrs Mary Siu Butt is the program’s chief coordinator.

Highlighting the 16-week grassroots program will be the distribution of close to 15,000 nearly indestructible footballs, arranged through initial discussions between ex-TTFA technical director Lincoln Phillips and Chevrolet and made by One World Futbol.

Each clinic will last 90 minutes and will target youths aged 6-12. The clinics will be organized in a circuit-type format and Shoreline communities will host the first set of youth clinics as the purpose is to address the most undeserved areas of Trinidad and Tobago and leave 10 balls with every primary school in the country at the conclusion of the program.

The TTFA also recognized the Ministry of Sport and the Ministry of Education for their part in this project and the principals of the various schools that will participate.

Also present at the launch was Lifestyle Motors Senior manager Marlon Garib who pledged his company’s commitment and support to the project.

Inspired by Refugee Youth

In 2006, One World Futbol inventor Tim Jahnigen was watching news footage about traumatized refugee youth in Darfur playing soccer on dirt using a ball they had made by tying trash together with twine. In that instant, Tim saw that these kids had such strong, indestructible spirits and felt they deserved better. He realized there was a global need for a nearly indestructible ball that could withstand the harsh conditions often faced by youth living in refugee camps, disaster areas and other disadvantaged communities.

With that spark of inspiration, the idea for the One World Futbol was born.

The Ball

The One World Futbol is a nearly indestructible ball that never needs a pump and never goes flat—even when punctured multiple times. Whether for use on the street, at the beach, at home or on the roughest landscapes in the world, the One World Futbol will last for years.

The One World Futbol enables players, organizations, adults and youth to:

Play Anywhere: The One World Futbol can survive the harshest of environments. It was designed with a lower bounce for recreational play on harder surfaces such as streets, rocky landscapes, schoolyards, dirt lots—but is great on grass and turf too.

Save Money and Resources: A single One World Futbol can outlast hundreds of regular balls, eliminating the waste of discarded, punctured soccer balls and the hassle of buying pumps and needles.

Help Youth around the World: Through our “Buy One, Give One” and “Give One” options, your purchase helps make a difference! For every ball you buy, we donate a second ball to organizations working with youth in disadvantaged communities worldwide.

Just Play: The One World Futbol is the same size and weight as a standard soccer ball, but it can also be used for netball, volleyball, and many other games. The ball comes in two sizes—an adult size 5 and a youth size 4.

« Last Edit: October 06, 2015, 02:52:06 AM by Flex »
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline doc

• Hero Warrior
  • ...game, set, match.
    • View Profile
Re: TTFA launches community youth football clinics
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2014, 06:31:01 PM »
If size 4 balls are recommended for ages 9-12, are they providing size 3's for the players under 9
 ???
Live large and prosper!

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2014, 08:11:43 PM »
If size 4 balls are recommended for ages 9-12, are they providing size 3's for the players under 9
 ???
Welcome back Doc! How yuh doing and Happy New Year! That is the question of the year so far! :yellowcard:
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2014, 08:24:43 PM »
 ???
     No they are not,they don't even have size three in the regular size balls,it is normal to pass by any Coaching school where there are little kids and see them useing size 4/5 balls in T&T.

Offline Tiresais

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2014, 04:11:14 AM »
Wait, are they saying 90 minutes per group total? What's teh point of that? Just a great headline, but without some actual sustained youth coaching this is a throw-away gesture

Offline Football supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2014, 05:32:30 AM »
I think this is a first step for the new regime. By leaving the footballs at every primary school, they are planting a seed. Remember, funding is a major issue. Can you imagine how much it would cost to have enough full time coaches to cover both islands just for one session per school per week?
This initiative may encourage some schools to run regular sessions.
I would imagine that TTFA recognise it's not enough, but it's a positive start. After all, how many sustained programmes did the TTFF produce?
Yes, it's good press, which TTFA need. Hopefully, from that, they can interest a sponsor in contributing towards sustaining the initiative.
The balls may not be perfect, but again, they're free. Like it says, some kids in Africa are kicking around balls made of garbage. It seems that these balls are well designed and pretty much indestructible. Thats gotta be better than nothing, right?
My only comment is that by teaming up with Pro League, Super League and the Zones, they could add additional coaches by having a joint programme.
It's progress, so lets not be too critical.

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2014, 06:29:36 AM »
I think this is a first step for the new regime. By leaving the footballs at every primary school, they are planting a seed. Remember, funding is a major issue. Can you imagine how much it would cost to have enough full time coaches to cover both islands just for one session per school per week?
I would imagine that TTFA recognise it's not enough, but it's a positive start. After all, how many sustained programmes did the TTFF produce?
Yes, it's good press, which TTFA need. Hopefully, from that, they can interest a sponsor in contributing towards sustaining the initiative.
The balls may not be perfect, but again, they're free. Like it says, some kids in Africa are kicking around balls made of garbage. It seems that these balls are well designed and pretty much indestructible. Thats gotta be better than nothing, right?
My only comment is that by teaming up with Pro League, Super League and the Zones, they could add additional coaches by having a joint programme.
      Thanks FS,some ppl don't try to find out what's going on before being critical.This programme has nothing to do with the Pro League and all these Major leagues in the country,it's a grassroots programme designed for kids that don't have the opportunity at any level of coaching,it's being implimented in community and coastal areas all over the country,the balls are much different from the normal balls they don't have much bounce so are easy to control by kids.
      I held the balls,guggle them a bit to see how it feels,throw them in the air,drop them on the ground,the only thing i did not do is play a game with them.You will notice they are starting in Blanchisseuse (North Coast Villages) it's because of my interest in the programme,on the North Coast have no sports and this is very important for me getting activities going in that area.
      Blanchisseuse have produced guys like myself,Hayden Tinto and more recently Dwight Quintero so there is raw talent there,Football is randomly played in the streets and on the Beaches,places nobody pays attention too,on any given day u go to Maracas,Las Quevas,La Fillette or Blanchisseuse u can see Football being played on the beach.   

Offline rotatopoti3

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2014, 07:26:19 AM »
I held the balls,juggle them a bit to see how it feels,throw them in the air,drop them on the ground,the only thing i did not do is play a game with them. :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Well done Coops ;D
Ah say it, how ah see it

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2014, 08:25:27 AM »
Tim Kee: Invaluable clinics
By Roger Seepersad (Trinidad Express)

Invaluable.

That is how Trinidad and Tobago Football Association president Raymond Tim Kee described the TTFA Youth Football Community Clinics during the launch of the programme at the VIP Lounge at Hasely Crawford Stadium yesterday.

This community programme will run in conjunction with the TTFA ball distribution programme which is part of the “One World Futbol” project that the Association is aligned with.

The TTFA will also be partnering with Lifestyle Motors, who are the local distributors of Chevrolet, Bmobile and BG T&T, to put on the clinics and to distribute close to 15,000 “nearly indestructible” footballs made by One World Futbol.

The distribution of the footballs which could be used on almost any kind of surface, was arranged through initial discussions between ex-TTFA technical director Lincoln Phillips and Chevrolet.

The 16-week grassroots-based programme will feature 90-minute sessions and will target children aged 6-12. The clinics will be organised in a circuit-type format led by TTFA technical director Anton Corneal and community based coaches and by the end of the programme, ten “indestructible balls” would have been distributed to each primary school in the country.

Mary Siu Butt is the programme’s chief coordinator. Some of the communities that will host clinics include Icacos, Siparia, Carenage, Signal Hill and Mayaro.

For the youngsters: Trinidad and Tobago Football Federation president Raymond Tim Kee, right, presents one of the “nearly indestructible footballs” to President of the Republic Anthony Carmona, second from right, while programme coordinator Mary Siu Butt and Chevrolet brand manager Marlon Garib look on

In explaining the reasoning behind the programmes, Tim Kee said that in the history of T&T football, there is always evidence that excellent performances and excellent players that have surfaced have come through a development process from a young age.

“They would have started at very young ages and come through a process that will take them right through to the senior level,” he said, noting that the Association has not been following the “process” over the last few years.

He added: “We have not been consistent in terms of following the process. When the new football term started, it was a conscious and deliberate decision to start with the youth so that by the end of last year we had produced 250 coaches for the primary school level.

“Historically we have not been working in the far-flung areas like we should have, notwithstanding the evidence that those are the places that bred some really good players.”

Tim Kee also said that there were two prime benefits to be gained from the programme. The first is that it provides an avenue to get youths away from “deviant behavours and undesirable conduct”.

“Football from the primary level is seen as a good vehicle that can be used and will be exploited to save some of those children from themselves,” he explained.

The second benefit he said would come in the form of success on the field of play.

“A programme that is structured and organised and if followed will eventually lead to success and at least the children will get a chance to excel. This programme is one that is invaluable to us as a country and as a football-loving people,” Tim Kee said.

President of the Republic Anthony Carmona was also present at the launch and commended the initiative saying: “It is undeniable that young people involved in sport lead more purposeful lives. They learn teamwork discipline, respect, the value of community and how to strive for excellence.”

The first clinic will be held on Saturday in Blanchisseuse.
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2014, 09:01:04 AM »
Coops, thx for confirming de Blanchisseuse thing ...  :beermug:

Offline Tiresais

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 21, 2014, 10:24:56 AM »
      Thanks FS,some ppl don't try to find out what's going on before being critical.This programme has nothing to do with the Pro League and all these Major leagues in the country,it's a grassroots programme designed for kids that don't have the opportunity at any level of coaching,it's being implimented in community and coastal areas all over the country,the balls are much different from the normal balls they don't have much bounce so are easy to control by kids.
      I held the balls,guggle them a bit to see how it feels,throw them in the air,drop them on the ground,the only thing i did not do is play a game with them.You will notice they are starting in Blanchisseuse (North Coast Villages) it's because of my interest in the programme,on the North Coast have no sports and this is very important for me getting activities going in that area.
      Blanchisseuse have produced guys like myself,Hayden Tinto and more recently Dwight Quintero so there is raw talent there,Football is randomly played in the streets and on the Beaches,places nobody pays attention too,on any given day u go to Maracas,Las Quevas,La Fillette or Blanchisseuse u can see Football being played on the beach.

Yea I think you're both right I'm being too critical off the bat. I take it back :)

Let's hope there's some great long-term benefit from the programme :)

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 21, 2014, 07:00:46 PM »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/-T9ozsoEmV8" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/-T9ozsoEmV8</a>
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 22, 2014, 04:52:56 AM »
I held the balls,juggle them a bit to see how it feels,throw them in the air,drop them on the ground,the only thing i did not do is play a game with them. :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Well done Coops ;D
     Aye this eh no joke,it's serious business,your mind too corupt  :rotfl:

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 22, 2014, 04:54:26 AM »
Wait, are they saying 90 minutes per group total? What's teh point of that? Just a great headline, but without some actual sustained youth coaching this is a throw-away gesture
       I'm trying to understand what u meant by this post.

Offline Tiresais

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 22, 2014, 09:39:34 AM »
My original point was that it's a waste of money without consistent follow-up youth coaching, but I retracted it after fair criticism that I was being too negative

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 22, 2014, 10:08:37 AM »
My original point was that it's a waste of money without consistent follow-up youth coaching, but I retracted it after fair criticism that I was being too negative
     My thoughts for Football in T&T have always been to develope programmes that will suit T&T,our Youths don't seem to adapt too much to the Academy type Academy/coaching,if we can start them off in this environment get them passionate towards the game then take it to the next level,these programmes are more about participation (give it a try see if u like it),we are encourageing kids who never played the game,even kids who just want to come and watch what's going on,it's a 16 week programme which runs Feb/March and then Sept/Oct Coaches will be training along with the kids so when the TTFA staff leaves it can continuation.

Offline Agent Jack Bauer

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 22, 2014, 10:25:07 AM »
Do they still have Primary School football?

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 22, 2014, 10:38:04 AM »
I am glad that the TTFF is doing something. In our times they never had to do it. We just did on our own. It was and it is still in the 60s and 70s warriors DNA. That came naturally. But after the last 3 decades of pestilence, we have to start nuturing again. Imagine, in the 60s when the US wanted to start their pro-football, they used all the Caribbean best and brightest to reach where they are. And now they look on us as nobodies. We now have to "pretty please" them. One thing I want to put out there. I hope the other half of the population encourage their children(especially girls) to continue to play the game. TT has a talent pool deficit in football, especially on the women side. And all those rich TT people, show that you is ah patriot. Support all sport in TT. Not when the Olimpics and WC comes around, but from the early stages. Pretty Please!!!

Offline amwood

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 22, 2014, 11:48:09 AM »
I am glad that the TTFF is doing something. In our times they never had to do it. We just did on our own. It was and it is still in the 60s and 70s warriors DNA. That came naturally. But after the last 3 decades of pestilence, we have to start nuturing again. Imagine, in the 60s when the US wanted to start their pro-football, they used all the Caribbean best and brightest to reach where they are. And now they look on us as nobodies. We now have to "pretty please" them. One thing I want to put out there. I hope the other half of the population encourage their children(especially girls) to continue to play the game. TT has a talent pool deficit in football, especially on the women side. And all those rich TT people, show that you is ah patriot. Support all sport in TT. Not when the Olimpics and WC comes around, but from the early stages. Pretty Please!!!

:beermug:

Offline Agent Jack Bauer

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 22, 2014, 05:27:55 PM »
It would be wise for them to put an after school program in place where teachers or any other qualified member of the community would do the coaching.........

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 22, 2014, 05:43:54 PM »
It would be wise for them to put an after school program in place where teachers or any other qualified member of the community would do the coaching.........

My thought exactly. Yuh definitely don't want an overzealous gatekeeper keeping the balls under lock and key and players not getting touches.

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 22, 2014, 06:55:58 PM »

My thought exactly. Yuh definitely don't want an overzealous gatekeeper keeping the balls under lock and key and players not getting touches.
      On paper what you all are saying is fine but in T&T it will not work,number one nobody volunteers in T&T any more if you not paying forget it,teachers now not giving that kind of time to nothing,when school over that's it.

I've been to every Prmary school on the North Coast recently and none have a sports teacher,teachers will tell u they don't have the time for that,i could understand to a certain extent after spending all day with these kids i too at the end wants to go home,Teaching used to be fun long time not any more with kids threatening Teachers etc etc

Offline Agent Jack Bauer

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 22, 2014, 07:11:04 PM »
Not free.......they should be given some compensation........nothing to break the bank but enough to put gas in the car and drink to beer after practice.......when I was in the education system in NYC that's how the coaches got paid......per diem rate to coach the teams........few hours a week.......keeps the kids busy after school and if done right helps develop football from the core......no reason why TTFA, Ministry of Education, Ministry of Sports, Private sector, he'll the government period should not be doing stuff like this........might be surprised how man social ills could get addressed by doing something so simple but 3rd world hard.......

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 22, 2014, 07:18:19 PM »

On paper what you all are saying is fine but in T&T it will not work,number one nobody volunteers in T&T any more if you not paying forget it,teachers now not giving that kind of time to nothing,when school over that's it.

I've been to every Prmary school on the North Coast recently and none have a sports teacher,teachers will tell u they don't have the time for that,i could understand to a certain extent after spending all day with these kids i too at the end wants to go home,Teaching used to be fun long time not any more with kids threatening Teachers etc etc

Well something must be wrong on the North Coast Cause I know teachers does volunteer they time to do extra Curricular activities with the kids. From March Pass to Mas. If teachers don't do it there is always a parent in the community who volunteers. I find it hard to believe that NO teacher willing to assist the kids.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #24 on: January 23, 2014, 03:17:17 AM »
Theobald: Clinics will encourage youth.
By Shaun Fuentes.

National team midfielder Densill Theobald believes the TTFA Youth Football clinics in collaboration with OneWorldFutbol and Chevrolet will influence more youngsters to learn about football.

Theobald, a member of the T&T 2006 World Cup squad, said, “I think this initiative to have clinics throughout the country will encourage more youngsters to want to learn the game and improve their skills.

They will see the fun that they can have with these footballs that will be given out. You can play with the balls anywhere and It kind of reminds me of how I played the game growing up, on the streets, on concrete, on sand and basically anywhere where you could put up temporary goals.

“We need more of this and this project will go a long way into allowing the younger ones the chance to play the game and get coaching at the same time.”

The TTFA, teaming up also with Lifestyle Motors, bmobile and BG T&T, launched the project on Monday and will stage its first clinic in Blanchisseuse on Saturday.

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 23, 2014, 04:37:18 AM »

hild

Well something must be wrong on the North Coast Cause I know teachers does volunteer they time to do extra Curricular activities with the kids. From March Pass to Mas. If teachers don't do it there is always a parent in the community who volunteers. I find it hard to believe that NO teacher willing to assist the kids.

Elan let me explain may be u left T&T a little child,i guess u know where the North Coast is,it have a saying places like Blanchisseuse behind God back,it have ppl in T&T have never been to the North Coast except Maracas.

Most Teachers that teach in the schools on the Coast don't live there,although Government provide transport it's usually a long day for them,according to where they are coming from it's normally 4:00 am they have to start getting prepared for work,i know of one Teacher that comes from Chaguanas,after school they usually get home aroung 7/8:00pm now tell me what time/life do these Teachers have.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2014, 06:13:45 AM by Coop's »

Offline Tiresais

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 23, 2014, 05:08:15 AM »

hild

Elan let me explain may be u left T&T a little child,i guess u know where the North Coast is,it have a saying places like Blanchisseuse behind God bad,it have ppl in T&T have never been to the North Coast except Maracas.

Most Teachers that teach in the schools on the Coast don't live there,although Government provide transport it's usually a long day for them,according to where they are coming from it's normally 4:00 am they have to start getting prepared for work,i know of one Teacher that comes from Chaguanas,after school they usually get home aroung 7/8:00pm now tell me what time/life do these Teachers have.

That begs the question why teachers don't live locally?

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 23, 2014, 10:14:09 AM »
That begs the question why teachers don't live locally?

Breds finding lodging in TT is not easy

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Opening TTFA/OneWorldFutbol Youth Football Community clinic
« Reply #28 on: January 28, 2014, 01:16:58 PM »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/ZBkf1EHse2Y" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/ZBkf1EHse2Y</a>
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Football supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Opening TTFA/OneWorldFutbol Youth Football Community clinic
« Reply #29 on: January 28, 2014, 01:26:59 PM »
I like the branding, particularly the kids all wearing the TTFA T shirts.
Nice also to see President Carmona, Mr Tim-Kee and Mr Corneal getting involved.
Not sure about the footballs, but they seem ok and the indestructible aspect is superb.

1]; } ?>