April 25, 2024, 05:26:44 AM

Author Topic: Who will be the Next TnT player in the EPL?  (Read 3550 times)

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
  • yuh cyar take meh ancestry from meh
    • View Profile
Who will be the Next TnT player in the EPL?
« on: January 26, 2014, 12:19:02 PM »
Well folks- who do you think will be the NEXT TnT national to play in the EPL? What are your reasons for your choice?
« Last Edit: January 26, 2014, 01:03:21 PM by AB.Trini »

Offline Dynamite Warrior

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Our next Premiership Player?
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2014, 12:44:12 PM »
Hyland has the best chance but he's played poorly this season and was benched recently.

Offline Tiresais

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Who will be the Next TnT player in the EPL?
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2014, 02:10:44 PM »
Not sure any will soon sadly. There are potentials like Winchester and Peltier, but no one that jumps out. Could be a Central player given their connections.

Offline trini_stallion

• Hero Warrior
  • soca in mih veins, soca in mih blood...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2014, 04:31:13 PM »
Really was hoping molino...but not looking like it wld happen...guerra maybe...good attacking/central mid fielder
Soca in mih vein, Soca in meh blood
Soca in yuh vein, Soca in blood,
Soca in we vein, Soca in we blood,
It's a heart of love, can't deny soca, cuz its good fuh de soul...
Trinidad and Tobago jump up now!

Offline Football supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2014, 04:31:51 PM »
Given the difficulties getting into the EU, it will almost certainly be someone most people have not heard of because at this time he will only be 14, 15 or 16 years old. He would have to join an EPL clubs youth academy and burst through from there.

Alternatively he will be a British born Trini going the same route or through lower league football.

Offline boss

• Hero Warrior
  • When I grow up I want to be Dennis Lawrence
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2014, 04:59:17 PM »
Hardest!  :beermug:

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Cory Thomas: Illustration and Design
« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2014, 05:15:52 PM »
After KJ, that's it for a while.

Question is: who's the next TT player making League One?

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2014, 05:16:12 PM »
this  last player to make that jump was Jones about  10 years .... I am pretty sure young players like goddard and dillon  etc at central could make an academy team Dwight Quintero should make a championship team ....
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2014, 09:06:37 PM »
this  last player to make that jump was Jones about  10 years .... I am pretty sure young players like goddard and dillon  etc at central could make an academy team Dwight Quintero should make a championship team ....

Goddard & Quintero are too old for EU. Dillon could have gone to a Championship club academy, but wanted to play intercol instead. Now he's probably too old! We explained at the time that the 6 months he would be losing to go back to school were the most important if he wanted to play overseas. There is still a slim chance of a UK academy, but the course is two years and by 18 they would expect him to be part of the reserve/first team squad. 16 really is the age they want.

Again, the issue isn't about talent, it's about the FIFA ranking of T&T. Most doors are closed unless you go the academy route at 16.

Offline de_redman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 26, 2014, 09:50:27 PM »
Scotty made it after KJ... Don't mind it was for one season and one goal.

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 27, 2014, 04:58:24 AM »

Goddard & Quintero are too old for EU. Dillon could have gone to a Championship club academy, but wanted to play intercol instead. Now he's probably too old! We explained at the time that the 6 months he would be losing to go back to school were the most important if he wanted to play overseas. There is still a slim chance of a UK academy, but the course is two years and by 18 they would expect him to be part of the reserve/first team squad. 16 really is the age they want.

Again, the issue isn't about talent, it's about the FIFA ranking of T&T. Most doors are closed unless you go the academy route at 16.

Are you serious intercol football ... omg yeah them guys not serious at all
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 27, 2014, 09:05:47 AM »

To be fair, W.Connection and others have had this experience for years. They spend money on developing players, then they go back to school. What's worse is that they can then go off and join a different club so your effort has been wasted.

Until school football, zones, TTFA and Pro League/Super League all recognise the benefits to them, the nation and the players of working together, we'll always be in a mess.

Offline Tiresais

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 27, 2014, 10:37:32 AM »

To be fair, W.Connection and others have had this experience for years. They spend money on developing players, then they go back to school. What's worse is that they can then go off and join a different club so your effort has been wasted.

Until school football, zones, TTFA and Pro League/Super League all recognise the benefits to them, the nation and the players of working together, we'll always be in a mess.

Sounds a terrible mess for W Connection to lose out after such investment. The SSFL seems to be hurting the game more than it's helping it. Possibly if movements between players and the clubs was treated as a loan deal then they'd have more leverage? If the SSFL was incorporated formally into the system?

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 27, 2014, 10:59:26 AM »

Sounds a terrible mess for W Connection to lose out after such investment. The SSFL seems to be hurting the game more than it's helping it. Possibly if movements between players and the clubs was treated as a loan deal then they'd have more leverage? If the SSFL was incorporated formally into the system?

See what Klinsman did in the US. He mandated that all boys who wish to play in the DA league cannot play HS football (this cause a major uproar). The DA league runs across 10 months and dictates how many games a team is allowed to play, how many training sessions they can have and when they should take a break.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 27, 2014, 11:42:06 AM »
[quote author=elan link=topic=61446.msg882757#msg882757 date=1390841966

See what Klinsman did in the US. He mandated that all boys who wish to play in the DA league cannot play HS football (this cause a major uproar). The DA league runs across 10 months and dictates how many games a team is allowed to play, how many training sessions they can have and when they should take a break.
[/quote]

so does the ttff have this will power ... or we wiil be stuck with this intercol

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 27, 2014, 01:25:42 PM »
[quote author=elan link=topic=61446.msg882757#msg882757 date=1390841966

so does the ttff have this will power ... or we wiil be stuck with this intercol

[/quote]

Take a read about it Here
« Last Edit: January 27, 2014, 01:27:36 PM by elan »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Pointman

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T football: win or lose, we still fetein'
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 28, 2014, 09:08:01 AM »
IF this boy works really hard at his craft I'll Abu Bakr. He has improved a lot and works hard on the field.
Trini to de bone; Pointman to de bone.

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
  • yuh cyar take meh ancestry from meh
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 04, 2014, 04:03:16 PM »
Come next season and we could officially have zero for players in the EPL- who will be the next?

Offline Tiresais

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 04, 2014, 04:28:00 PM »
Brent Sam seems topical :p

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 05, 2014, 10:28:43 AM »
We will go a long time before we see another T&T player in the EPL. Hell, we will lucky to see a player leave the Pro League to the Championship in England.

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 05, 2014, 10:51:36 AM »
We will go a long time before we see another T&T player in the EPL. Hell, we will lucky to see a player leave the Pro League to the Championship in England.

I don't understand how everyone so negative about Pro League and T&T players. NOBODY can join an EPL club or even a League 2 club unless they already have a work permit. Even KJ had to go through an appeal when he moved to Stoke.

Several players such as Plaza, Joevin Jones, Jan-Michael Williams, Rundell Winchester, Daneil Cyrus could easily play in Championship/League 1. Once they prove themselves there, they would attract EPL interest, just as happened to KJ, Stern, Carlos, Scotty.
How do I know this? Because we are constantly talking with European, British and MLS clubs about our players. I would estimate that Central F.C. alone could move 6 or 7 players to the UK if we could get clearance.

The only difference between the era that saw Hector Sam, Kelvin Jack, Brent Sancho, Clayton Ince, Dennis Lawrence, Jason Scotland, Carlos Edwards, KJ, Stern John etc play in UK is that T&T are no longer regularly in the FIFA top 70 rankings. Once that changes, the floodgates will open.

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 05, 2014, 11:02:00 AM »

I don't understand how everyone so negative about Pro League and T&T players. NOBODY can join an EPL club or even a League 2 club unless they already have a work permit. Even KJ had to go through an appeal when he moved to Stoke.

Several players such as Plaza, Joevin Jones, Jan-Michael Williams, Rundell Winchester, Daneil Cyrus could easily play in Championship/League 1. Once they prove themselves there, they would attract EPL interest, just as happened to KJ, Stern, Carlos, Scotty.
How do I know this? Because we are constantly talking with European, British and MLS clubs about our players. I would estimate that Central F.C. alone could move 6 or 7 players to the UK if we could get clearance.

The only difference between the era that saw Hector Sam, Kelvin Jack, Brent Sancho, Clayton Ince, Dennis Lawrence, Jason Scotland, Carlos Edwards, KJ, Stern John etc play in UK is that T&T are no longer regularly in the FIFA top 70 rankings. Once that changes, the floodgates will open.

I am not saying the players are bad, why would you say that.

First up, the work permit rule, and secondly I don't see our players with that life or death mentality to make it. I truly believe that many of our players are ok with where they are. If they go to the EPL great, if they don't then no worries either. I may be wrong, but that's how I see it.

Potential, we are full of potential and that's the problem.

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 05, 2014, 12:21:04 PM »

I am not saying the players are bad, why would you say that.

First up, the work permit rule, and secondly I don't see our players with that life or death mentality to make it. I truly believe that many of our players are ok with where they are. If they go to the EPL great, if they don't then no worries either. I may be wrong, but that's how I see it.

Potential, we are full of potential and that's the problem.

Sorry Elan, I guess I mistook your meaning. I can't comment on other clubs, but the top players at Central are gagging for a shot at European football. There are definitely guys who don't want to put in extra effort and are cruising along, there are others who's personality may hold them back overseas. But I believe that we are on the cusp of a new wave of Trinis moving to European clubs and this will only have a positive effect on the national team.   

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 05, 2014, 01:16:29 PM »
So how can we improve our rankings ... FS we just cannot get above 70 these days

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 05, 2014, 02:27:53 PM »
So how can we improve our rankings ... FS we just cannot get above 70 these days

Realistically, solid performances in the WC qualifiers are the only results that count, I believe. I'm not even sure if the Gold Cup counts in the FIFA rankings. In fact I'm not even certain about exactly how FIFA ranks nations outside of WC matches.  ???

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 05, 2014, 02:49:49 PM »
Ranking Points = 100 X (Result Points X Match Status X Opposition Strength X Regional Strength)

Result Points: Win 3 pts, Win (PKs) 2 pts, Draw 1 pt, Loss (PKs) 1 pt, Loss 0 pts

Match Status: Friendly x1.0, World Cup and Continental Qualifiers X2.5, Continental Finals X3.0, World Cup x4.0

Opposition Strength: (200 - Opposition FIFA ranking)/100

Regional Strength: UEFA x1.0, Conmebol x1.0, Concacaf x0.88, CAF x0.86, AFC x0.86, OFC, x0.85 (Average of both teams)

Latest results are weighted more than results 4 years ago on a sliding scale.
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 05, 2014, 02:50:36 PM »

Realistically, solid performances in the WC qualifiers are the only results that count, I believe. I'm not even sure if the Gold Cup counts in the FIFA rankings. In fact I'm not even certain about exactly how FIFA ranks nations outside of WC matches.  ???

Gold Cup was a whole bag of points for we... the results would have been worth 3 times more points than a friendly. See calculation above.
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 05, 2014, 08:12:39 PM »
Ranking Points = 100 X (Result Points X Match Status X Opposition Strength X Regional Strength)

Result Points: Win 3 pts, Win (PKs) 2 pts, Draw 1 pt, Loss (PKs) 1 pt, Loss 0 pts

Match Status: Friendly x1.0, World Cup and Continental Qualifiers X2.5, Continental Finals X3.0, World Cup x4.0

Opposition Strength: (200 - Opposition FIFA ranking)/100

Regional Strength: UEFA x1.0, Conmebol x1.0, Concacaf x0.88, CAF x0.86, AFC x0.86, OFC, x0.85 (Average of both teams)

Latest results are weighted more than results 4 years ago on a sliding scale.

So, a simple calculation, then  ??? ???

But I thought I read that the Gold Cup was discounted because it runs every two years as opposed to the Euros which run every four years?

Offline chelsealife

• You must be the change you wish to see in this world
  • Hero Warrior
  • Its BLUE, what else matters?
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 05, 2014, 09:15:27 PM »
I'd fancy Rundell in Holland or Belgium if he gets an opportunity he's gonna take it

1]; } ?>