March 28, 2024, 02:09:17 PM

Author Topic: Thread for the T&T vs Iran Game (8-Jun-2014)  (Read 22404 times)

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Thread for the T&T vs Iran Game (8-Jun-2014)
« Reply #30 on: May 29, 2014, 07:26:39 PM »
Jomal Williams & alvin jones of w connection   are training with the squad ... :beermug:
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/zBQdXmVelZg" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/zBQdXmVelZg</a>

I didn't make them out, what numbers?

Good job Hartie..

And if all de seats eh sell on de plane, take them on de trip, even if them eh play.

Good additions.

:applause:

sam alvin jones at 24 sec in to the clip jomal williams at 33 sec
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline jonny

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 30, 2014, 12:14:18 PM »
The final scheduled test against Trinidad & Tobago in Brazil on June 8 will be played behind closed doors with no cameras, spectators or journalists present.

http://www.persianfootball.com/news/2014/05/29/iran-face-angola-in-final-public-test/

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #32 on: May 30, 2014, 12:35:31 PM »
The final scheduled test against Trinidad & Tobago in Brazil on June 8 will be played behind closed doors with no cameras, spectators or journalists present.

http://www.persianfootball.com/news/2014/05/29/iran-face-angola-in-final-public-test/

no scoreline as well? :D

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #33 on: May 30, 2014, 05:26:20 PM »
Jomal Williams & alvin jones of w connection   are training with the squad ... :beermug:
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/zBQdXmVelZg" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/zBQdXmVelZg</a>

I didn't make them out, what numbers?

Good job Hartie..

And if all de seats eh sell on de plane, take them on de trip, even if them eh play.

Good additions.

:applause:

sam alvin jones at 24 sec in to the clip jomal williams at 33 sec

Jesus Perez (NE Stars) was there too. Solid left-back.

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 31, 2014, 09:34:04 AM »
Intrigued by Perez's presence. Meteoric rise since SWF mentioned him.  :devil:

Offline jonny

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 01, 2014, 01:51:12 AM »
fifa.com has removed this friendly from fifa.com fixtures. No official "A" match.

http://www.fifa.com/associations/association=tri/fixturesresults/gender=m/index.html

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #36 on: June 02, 2014, 06:46:44 AM »
fifa.com has removed this friendly from fifa.com fixtures. No official "A" match.

http://www.fifa.com/associations/association=tri/fixturesresults/gender=m/index.html

Its a closed door friendly.

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 02, 2014, 02:42:21 PM »

I following the league whole year and this is the first time I hearing about Jesus Perez.

Offline amielisadore

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 02, 2014, 06:06:48 PM »

I following the league whole year and this is the first time I hearing about Jesus Perez.

Decent prospect from NE. I think he is 17. Most likely given the opportunity because of the dearth of options at left back. One to keep an eye on.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 02, 2014, 07:06:56 PM »

Decent prospect from NE. I think he is 17. Most likely given the opportunity because of the dearth of options at left back. One to keep an eye on.

Nice to see Hart taking a youth so young on the trip. Good experience. It have CAC, PanAm Games, Carib Cup, GC. Good Olimpic and WC prospect. Plus I bias to the left back position.

Offline amielisadore

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 02, 2014, 07:52:56 PM »

Nice to see Hart taking a youth so young on the trip. Good experience. It have CAC, PanAm Games, Carib Cup, GC. Good Olimpic and WC prospect. Plus I bias to the left back position.

He's not on the trip. He, Alvin and Jomal Williams were just training with the team while they were in Trinidad.

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 04, 2014, 07:50:15 PM »
tnt line up vz Iran...with letting some players have a run out in mind also.

Marvin Phillips

Gavin Hoyte.... Mitchell ...Bakr... Joevin Jones ( i sticking he ass in left back )

Molino.... Hyland... Gonzales .... Winchester

Guerra

Cesar

Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 04, 2014, 08:17:45 PM »
Unleash Plaza and Marcus J.

Offline Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 04, 2014, 09:16:34 PM »
Havent seen a thread for the Iran game, so I will post here, its intriguing that we will come up against the coach who was on a shortlist for our TD job...
the reports back then were that both Pfister and Quiroz were in the runnings, then Quiroz took the Iran job as Pfister got T&T.
Just another confirmation of what money can buy you.

Pfister was on $50,000 USD a month, and that got us knocked the fack out by Guyana.
Iran paid Quieroz $$166,666.66 USD a month, and that got them to top their group with South Korea and qualify directly.

Until we get our house in order financially, we will always be in a  mode of hopefulness rather than expectancy. Plain and simple.

And sometimes we wonder why our players look so unfit in international games...

We have to be very careful regarding how we approach the balance between affordable compensation, merited compensation, sustainable compensation and deliverable value on compensation. 

As you likely appreciate, no level of compensation is guaranteed to yield a successful outcome. Even so, how formulaic is it that football is an arena in which one gets what one pays for?

Certain variables seem to render WC qualification more likely than unlikely, and I dare say that we might be attaching too much investment in the notion that compensation is definitively a controlling variable in that outcome. Other human resource and infrastructural variables must precede investment in compensation under any analysis.

I think the issue you raise is not a simplistic issue, and it strikes me as a compelling area for inquiry mapped out with data.

However, we have to apply very critical thought to the notion of escalating compensation. In the context of our national landscape (even assuming we had the deepest of pockets), my position is that there's a problematic that must be sensitive to our social reality.

You make the contrast between Pfister and Queiroz ... there are other coaches who have failed and yet received hefty compensation. What's the post-mortem then?

How much has Pfister's previous successes cost? Please consider that the heir apparent situation at Man U would probably never have materialized had Queiroz stayed there. In my view, he's a brand name coach because of the clubs with which he's been associated (and this drives his "value") but he has in fact never really delivered at the international level. On the record, Pfister, although less glamorous, can probably stake a better claim. For less.

Some good talk in dey. .
But keep in mind a brand name coach like Quieroz also will have a different impact on our players and country as a whole. It's in our nature.
If we get Guardiola I bet we wld walk on water in terms of team play even if he ain't really do nutten. It's just the mentality of our players.

And that in itself is what you pay a premium for. How you try to quantify that I don't know though.

Offline oconnorg

• PROUD MEMBER OF THE WARRIOR NATION
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 05, 2014, 09:12:18 AM »
We will win 3 - 1..

Go Warriors
COMMISSIONER OF THE ANTI WAGGONIST ASSOCIATION OF TRINIDAD AND TOBAGO (AWATT)

The Warrior Nation
www.TheWarriorNation.com

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: June 05, 2014, 09:28:58 AM »
Phillip
Marshall
Gavin
Abu Bakr
Justin
Joseph
Molino
Hyland
Peltier
Plaza
Kenwyne

Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #46 on: June 05, 2014, 09:30:57 AM »
Phillip
Marshall
Gavin
Abu Bakr
Justin
Joseph
Molino
Hyland
Peltier
Plaza
Kenwyne

phillip should have played... i dont know why they stick with williams.. williams is a liability for the national team

Offline Tiresais

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 05, 2014, 12:05:35 PM »
Phillip
Bateau
Marshall
Abu Bakr
Hoyte
Joseph
Boucaud
Hyland
Peltier
Plaza
Winchester

But we all know Mitchell'll get the call anyway :(

Offline chelsealife

• You must be the change you wish to see in this world
  • Hero Warrior
  • Its BLUE, what else matters?
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 05, 2014, 03:28:16 PM »
Phillip
Bateau
Marshall
Abu Bakr
Hoyte
Winchester
Molino
Hyland
Peltier
Joseph
Plaza

with Joseph slightly withdrawn behind Plaza
« Last Edit: June 05, 2014, 03:30:00 PM by chelsealife »

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: June 05, 2014, 04:03:16 PM »

Why are we following this game then. is closed door. Why bother. Did iran pay TTFA for a closed door game? Does Iran has some stealth plays they don't want their opponents to discover?

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: June 05, 2014, 04:56:17 PM »

Why are we following this game then. is closed door. Why bother. Did iran pay TTFA for a closed door game? Does Iran has some stealth plays they don't want their opponents to discover?

Is Iran anything possible
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline Jumbie

• ~~~ JUMBIE ~~~
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: June 05, 2014, 05:47:40 PM »

in the event any Iranian player get starstruck and bow to a Soca Warrior, they eh want that image going viral on twitter

Offline Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: June 05, 2014, 10:06:37 PM »
Yea this might be a game where teams make 10 subs and man come off and come back on.

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: June 06, 2014, 12:16:38 PM »
Since everything is being kept so secret are they going to let the world know the scoreline especially if T&T wins?
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #54 on: June 06, 2014, 12:25:42 PM »
Since everything is being kept so secret are they going to let the world know the scoreline especially if T&T wins?

i was thinking the same thing from the beginning

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: June 06, 2014, 04:00:08 PM »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/Rzi1LH1TvAY" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/Rzi1LH1TvAY</a>
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #56 on: June 06, 2014, 06:21:30 PM »
Warriors hold first training session on Brazil soil.
By Shaun Fuentes (TTFA).

The Trinidad and Tobago national team had its first training session on Brazil soil on Friday evening at the Corinthians Training Stadium

Sunday’s match against Iran is schedule for the same venue which is an official  World Cup training venue.

The T&T team arrived on Qatar Airlines at the Sao Paolo International Airport just after 2am on Friday before checking in at the Bristol International Airport Hotel in Sao Paolo. This is the second visit to Brazil by a T&T senior team following a visit in 2001 by the Ian Porterfield led-team for a training camp prior to the final round of CONCACAF 2002 World Cup qualification

Following the 3-0 defeat to Argentina in which T&T held its own for long periods, spirits were high in the T&T team but he mood in the camp turned into a somber one just around 10am as news came that the 10 month old son of goalkeeper Marvin Phillip had passed away in Chaguanas. Phillip is scheduled to depart for Trinidad on Friday night, accompanied by assistant manager Peter Rampersad.

Team captain Kenwyne Jones was the first one to encounter Phillip as he received the news. Phillip used Jones’ mobile phone to make the call home during which he received the devastating news.

“It’s a very difficult time for him and all of his right now,” Jones told TTFA Media.   

“I am a father as well. There are a lot of fathers in the team and no one wants to go through something like this. Our prayers and thoughts are with Marvin and his family.”

The Cardiff City forward said the T&T team will now regain focus ahead of Sunday’s encounter with the Asian giants.

“We were coming off a good experience in Argentina. I think there has been a bit of a buzz in the camp and everyone was looking forward to Sunday’s match.  We have to get our heads together again and channel our energies onto the football field as continue our preparations for Iran,” Jones added.

T&T will go into Sunday’s match with one goalkeeper in Jan Michael Williams as Hart will not call a replacement ‘keeper.

“We have a couple days here to do as much as we can. The sessions will not be intense because we had a game just a little more than a day ago but we’ll be looking to do everything as right as we possibly can in relation to the match on Sunday. It’s good to be here and again it’s all part of the experience for our players. There is a lot happening football wise right now. We are in the football capital of the world at the moment so there’s a lot to absorb at  the same time,” Hart said.

Meantime. Brazilian clubs have opted to train outside of Brazil and even play their games as FIFA has taken over many of the country's stadiums and training centers for the World Cup.

Since last month  teams are not allowed to play at the 12 stadiums that will be used during the World Cup, nor at the venues to be used for training.

Nearly 30 league matches had to be altered for the last four rounds before the World Cup break. Of the 20 clubs in the first division, 14 have to relinquish home-field advantage. In addition to the 12 World Cup stadiums, FIFA and local organizers also took over 24 venues considered official training fields in the host cities.

Aside from T&T’s match against Iran on Sunday there are several other international games this weekend, as on Friday the match schedule includes Germany versus Armenia, Colombia vs Jordan, Brazil at home to Serbia, Croatia against Australia, Japan versus while at Costa Rica take on Republic of Ireland,Greece play Bolivia and Mexico face Portugal.

Offline Fyzo10

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: June 06, 2014, 07:13:25 PM »
Why isn't Cyrus & Cato being used?

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: June 06, 2014, 07:35:49 PM »
Why isn't Cyrus & Cato being used?

Cyrus in VietNam. And Cato, I eh sure if Hart did not pick him. Or if he did, Cato's club did not want to release him. Not sure.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: June 06, 2014, 07:37:26 PM »
I would like to see the team play in the practice jersy and hoop socks, like my team Flamengo do Rio.

1]; } ?>