March 28, 2024, 11:41:37 PM

Author Topic: TT vs USA Nov. 19, 1989.......Full Game  (Read 7242 times)

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.caribsport01.homestead.com/caribsport.html
VITAMIN V...KEEPS THE LADIES HEALTHY...:-)

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
Re: TT vs USA Nov. 19, 1989.......Full Game
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2014, 11:36:36 PM »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/lznrT10ZkII" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/lznrT10ZkII</a>

Historic game where the US qualified for Italia '90, its first world cup in four decades!
« Last Edit: January 30, 2014, 11:40:59 PM by Socapro »
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.caribsport01.homestead.com/caribsport.html
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2014, 12:03:59 AM »
Pro,

I wasn't able to do what you do. What command do you use?
VITAMIN V...KEEPS THE LADIES HEALTHY...:-)

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2014, 01:33:25 AM »
Pro,

I wasn't able to do what you do. What command do you use?
You simply highlight the YouTube address in your post then click the flash button in menu above at the start of the 2nd row.
Then remove the "watch?" and replace the "=" with a "/"
Finally adjust the size of the screen by adjusting the values for width and height after the flash=www,hhh
I normally give www a value of 650 and give hhh a value of 400.

That's it and you can do a preview before posting to check how the post would look before posting it.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2014, 01:35:47 AM by Socapro »
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2014, 05:28:53 AM »
I ain't have the belly to watch that nah.
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline che

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2014, 07:28:46 AM »
vb, like you trying to drive us to commit suicide or what? I eh get over the Women U20 game yet and you come and post this. Apart from two unexpected deaths in my family Red day is by far the saddest day in my life. I will try but I don't think that I can watch this. :beermug:

Offline rotatopoti3

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2014, 09:25:04 AM »
some people like tuh live in d past yes...

ah get over it.....we already qualified..for WC

why yuh diggin up ants patch .... :yellowcard:
Ah say it, how ah see it

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2014, 10:36:44 AM »
I ain't have the belly to watch that nah.

CO-SIGNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline che

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2014, 04:24:11 PM »

We can qualify for ten more WC but that would not take away from the joy and eventual pain that the 1990 campaign brought to those of us that was right in the middle of it. The highs of tying Honduras on the road just to reach the pentagon. Beating Guatemala on the road and then again at home  with just seconds to go.The eventual lost to the U.S.  and the manner that the team and fans handled the whole thing will forever be with me.

Offline Tiresais

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2014, 04:33:46 PM »

We can qualify for ten more WC but that would not take away from the joy and eventual pain that the 1990 campaign brought to those of us that was right in the middle of it. The highs of tying Honduras on the road just to reach the pentagon. Beating Guatemala on the road and then again at home  with just seconds to go.The eventual lost to the U.S.  and the manner that the team and fans handled the whole thing will forever be with me.

Agreed - don't forget your past, all the trials and pain make the victory the sweeter. One day we'll be talking about T&T's first WC Goal, then their first victory, then their first Group Stage qualification, then who knows...

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 31, 2014, 06:38:49 PM »

Amen and amen brother.....
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 31, 2014, 08:48:12 PM »

Amen and amen brother.....

It have some history that yuh does skip over when yuh reading. I skipping ovah Nov 19 and goin straight 2 Nov 16
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline trini_stallion

• Hero Warrior
  • soca in mih veins, soca in mih blood...
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 01, 2014, 04:55:19 AM »
I was 3 years old...I going nd take it in...shitt...we eh hv no match no time soon anyway  ;D
Soca in mih vein, Soca in meh blood
Soca in yuh vein, Soca in blood,
Soca in we vein, Soca in we blood,
It's a heart of love, can't deny soca, cuz its good fuh de soul...
Trinidad and Tobago jump up now!

Offline Anbrat

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 01, 2014, 08:44:17 AM »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lznrT10ZkII
Been searching for this a long time now. Collector's item! Thank you for this one, VB.

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 01, 2014, 09:12:11 AM »
The USA always had the beating of TT,but I always thought we would win this,although I took into consideration that the USA had the best defense in the region,something Gally Cummings didn't think about.Cummings thought we would waltz through the US defense,when that didn't happen he had no other ideas of how to break down US defense.I feel if we had played a more defensive formation,we would not have allowed a silly goal,and qualified with a goal-less draw
Gally Cummings should take the blame for our failure to get to Italy in 90,he also kept Nakhid on the bench,our only European pro at the time.

Offline che

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 01, 2014, 09:22:12 AM »
The USA always had the beating of TT,but I always thought we would win this,although I took into consideration that the USA had the best defense in the region,something Gally Cummings didn't think about.Cummings thought we would waltz through the US defense,when that didn't happen he had no other ideas of how to break down US defense.I feel if we had played a more defensive formation,we would not have allowed a silly goal,and qualified with a goal-less draw
Gally Cummings should take the blame for our failure to get to Italy in 90,he also kept Nakhid on the bench,our only European pro at the time.

To this day I don't understand why Allen started ahead of Huston Charles who was having a great run. But I would not go as far as to say that it was all on Gally. Because I don't think we would have even made it this far without him.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 01, 2014, 12:42:17 PM »

To this day I don't understand why Allen started ahead of Huston Charles who was having a great run. But I would not go as far as to say that it was all on Gally. Because I don't think we would have even made it this far without him.

My mom went 2 her grave wondering the same ting. Barber should have started.

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 02, 2014, 10:34:48 AM »
I will never forget the feelings that enveloped me when we just needed a draw,something we failed to achieve...up till this day part of the hurt still remains.Those tears of sadness was only partly repaid in 2006.

Offline Zeppo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 16, 2014, 08:24:07 AM »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/Q-JP0uay6Aw" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/Q-JP0uay6Aw</a>

"Donovan was excellent. We knew he was a good player, but he really didn't do anything wrong in the whole game and made it difficult for us."
- Xavi

Offline kaliman2006

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 16, 2014, 11:40:04 AM »
I was 3 years old...I going nd take it in...shitt...we eh hv no match no time soon anyway  ;D

I was 10 and can still remember the pain of that game. One of the few times in my life that I broke down and cried.

:(

I cannot ever watch that game again....

Offline kounty

• Hero Warrior
  • Truthfulness is brighter than the light of the sun
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 16, 2014, 01:07:22 PM »
glad you post it. I hope the lesson stick with us forever - Doh 'reach' before you reach.

Offline che

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 16, 2014, 02:07:53 PM »

I was 10 and can still remember the pain of that game. One of the few times in my life that I broke down and cried.

Those that were too young to experience that 1990 team will never fully understand the joy and pain of that campaign.

Offline kaliman2006

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 16, 2014, 02:29:15 PM »

Those that were too young to experience that 1990 team will never fully understand the joy and pain of that campaign.

I remember that Kerry Jameson goal against Guatemala at the National Statdium (it wasn't named the Haseley Crawford yet) the month before. I remember all the drama and tension that preceded that brilliant strike because the Strike Squad were moments from being eliminated from the 1990 campaign.

I was a football lime by my grandmother's house and my father was fulminating against the tactical inadequacies of our team.

As the seconds came down and the ball came into Jameson's path....

That strike sent the red multitude at the stadium into delirious raptures, my father, along with everyone else was beside themselves with joy.

And then came the cruel letdown a month later...

Offline Agent Jack Bauer

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 16, 2014, 02:56:42 PM »
No conspiracy theory? I think the USA was suppose to win and their development began with that win..........watched the game on the big screen @ the Oval.........meh American pardna visit Trini a few times with me and saw all the November 19th memorabilia in parlors and stores and does ketch jones on me on how long we mourned that lost as a nation 
« Last Edit: February 16, 2014, 02:59:31 PM by Agent Jack Bauer »

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 16, 2014, 06:04:21 PM »
 i wonder  gally's instructions  were  ... our football was on par or ahead of the usa back then but  today well.......... :(
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Thomo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 17, 2014, 02:51:58 PM »
I was 12 and remember that game like it was yesterday. 25 years later I still got autographs from Carter, Yorke and Latapy (when they did an exhibition training session in Roxborough, Tobago) back home in my mum's house. Never intend to sell or auction them ever, really are close to my heart. The joy and pain ( i felt for my country) will never leave me. Likewise I got laminated copies of how the 2006 qualification was reported by the British press. Never to be sold or auctioned EVER!!

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 17, 2014, 04:07:11 PM »
i wonder  gally's instructions  were  ... our football was on par or ahead of the usa back then but  today well.......... :(

He probably gave them the same instructions as always. He was confident that they would win. The biggest mistake was come from South the same day of the game. Them guys were emotionally spent.

Offline boss

• Hero Warrior
  • When I grow up I want to be Dennis Lawrence
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 19, 2015, 04:38:22 PM »
*bump*

Offline Adam Lake

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 19, 2015, 05:26:51 PM »
Alyuh tryna depress man dis hour d night...  :frustrated:

Offline Zeppo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 19, 2015, 06:51:31 PM »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/QneHQdDMGh4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/QneHQdDMGh4</a>
"Donovan was excellent. We knew he was a good player, but he really didn't do anything wrong in the whole game and made it difficult for us."
- Xavi

1]; } ?>