April 19, 2024, 03:59:12 PM

Author Topic: Cardiff City For the Hour Thread  (Read 34835 times)

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Cardiff City For the Hour Thread
« Reply #210 on: May 07, 2014, 06:35:12 PM »
Buh maxg, I listen tuh ah interview in which players who played under OGS say that he's meticulous, a good man manager and engineered effective change at his old club.

None ah that eh translating?  :devil:

At the mere mention of Cardiff, I couldna been bothered. Allyuh is patriots. :)
http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/7-reasons-ole-gunnar-solskjaer-7080297

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: May 07, 2014, 09:19:20 PM »
Buh maxg, I listen tuh ah interview in which players who played under OGS say that he's meticulous, a good man manager and engineered effective change at his old club.

None ah that eh translating?  :devil:

At the mere mention of Cardiff, I couldna been bothered. Allyuh is patriots. :)
http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/7-reasons-ole-gunnar-solskjaer-7080297

Thanks fuh that. How long is KJ's contract there?

Yeah, the interview I heard was on the BBC. If memory serves correctly, it was a segment on the program World Football. In it Norwegian players from his old club Molde, and those otherwise familiar with his methodology, heaped praise upon praise. The bet made on OGS was that after a couple successful seasons of management in Norway his playing experience in the BPL would assist him in management in that setting. Not so much?

I have to agree that some of his selection choices have been questionable. His real exam will come when he has to face an English season from start to finish. As owner, I wouldn't bet on him to return the club to the Prem. I would be looking around.

I was looking at some relegation research recently, and Cardiff had been projected to go down ... even before OGS' arrival. The lesson of OGS might be a good review for the Giggs worshippers ... and for Giggs himself.

(By the way, Kim Bo Kyung is a baller! ... enjoyed watching his industry. I doh see him playing Championship ball next year). :praying:
« Last Edit: May 07, 2014, 09:21:05 PM by asylumseeker »

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: May 14, 2014, 03:25:10 PM »
The Norwegian had the January transfer window to strengthen his new squad and one of the players he brought in was Kenwyne Jones. The former Stoke striker has a wealth of Premier League experience and is a strong imposing character with a big physical presence. Unfortunately when he ran onto the pitch Jones transformed into a shadow of his former self and made very little contribution in front of goal in the games he played. He did score the winning goal on his debut against Norwich but that was as good as it got. He was one player who excited when he signed but his impact after that was virtually nonexistent. Cardiff needed a goal-scoring centre-forward but unfortunately they got Jones instead.

http://www.espnfc.com/blog/_/name/cardiff-city/id/267/end-of-season-review-cardiff-city?cc=5901
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: May 14, 2014, 03:49:49 PM »
The Norwegian had the January transfer window to strengthen his new squad and one of the players he brought in was Kenwyne Jones. The former Stoke striker has a wealth of Premier League experience and is a strong imposing character with a big physical presence. Unfortunately when he ran onto the pitch Jones transformed into a shadow of his former self and made very little contribution in front of goal in the games he played. He did score the winning goal on his debut against Norwich but that was as good as it got. He was one player who excited when he signed but his impact after that was virtually nonexistent. Cardiff needed a goal-scoring centre-forward but unfortunately they got Jones instead.

http://www.espnfc.com/blog/_/name/cardiff-city/id/267/end-of-season-review-cardiff-city?cc=5901

Stoke City Fan's Verdict:

The flops Kenwyne Jones and Jermaine Pennant. Thankfully both of them have now moved on – and their performances since leaving Stoke have shown it was 100% the right decision.
http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/may/10/premier-league-fans-verdicts-manchester-united-west-ham

Cardiff City Fan's Verdict:

The flops The highest-profile flop was Andreas Cornelius. Signed for £8m in the summer he was sold back to FC Copenhagen for an undisclosed fee thought to be a small fraction of what he cost. £15m loanee Wilfried Zaha failed to live up to his billing, and another Ole Gunnar Solskjaer signing, Kenwyne Jones, has been a waste of money.
http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/may/10/premier-league-fans-verdicts-arsenal-manchester-city

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: May 14, 2014, 09:43:40 PM »
yup...they come last because they waste money on superman KJ for 6 game starts ,5 sub, not realizing they club house was full ah kryptonite...meanwhile Peter Odemwingie who suffered the same Delilah complex happened to rock the walls of Stoke, with the Waltes/Crouch partnership rested.
The only thing I fault Jones for, was not looking before he leap. That team was bad. Dey shoulda offer Ronaldo ah 200 million, they woulda win for sure, no waste ah money at all.
Cardiff and Stoke fans have every right to cuss. Unfortunately I'm a TT & Jones fan. I remember when Villa used to bench Yorke to play everybody else (3 guys in particular), even when the guy was having super games. When he leave for ManU, dey want to shot him. KJ is no Yorke, but he still my Team player. so sorry, so sorry, must leave now
« Last Edit: May 14, 2014, 09:48:00 PM by maxg »

Offline trini_stallion

• Hero Warrior
  • soca in mih veins, soca in mih blood...
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: May 19, 2014, 02:41:28 PM »
Newcastle linked with Kenwyne Jones transfer.
By Graham Porter (themag.co.uk).

The close season is young but already we have heard some strange transfer links, though Kenwyne Jones to Newcastle is a new one on me.

In the dim and distant past United had been linked with Jones but reports coming out of Wales now claim that Newcastle United are keen on the ex-Sunderland striker as a cut price signing, with United needing to recruit a number of forwards.

The 29 year old headed to Cardiff mid-season in the swap deal that took Peter Odemwingie to Stoke.

However, Kenwyne Jones did little to ease Cardiff’s fall with only one goal in eleven appearances for the Welsh club.

The reports claim that Jones is being lined up as a possible replacement for Shola Ameobi and the comparisons are there to be seen.

Both Shola and Jones have scored exactly five Premier League goals each over the last three years, so hard to tell whether this would be an improvement on Ameobi who will shortly be out of contract.

A ‘bargain’ transfer fee of £2m could land Jones, a player who was once bought by both Sunderland and Stoke for fees of around the £7m-£8m mark.

« Last Edit: May 19, 2014, 03:14:12 PM by Flex »
Soca in mih vein, Soca in meh blood
Soca in yuh vein, Soca in blood,
Soca in we vein, Soca in we blood,
It's a heart of love, can't deny soca, cuz its good fuh de soul...
Trinidad and Tobago jump up now!

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: May 19, 2014, 02:49:03 PM »
oh gorm..doh excite meh so nah...if just to have some toe to toe with kev an dem  :devil:

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: May 19, 2014, 03:50:19 PM »
Kj has more lives than a cat.

Offline de_redman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: May 19, 2014, 08:38:43 PM »
Newcastle United ponder over a move for Cardiff striker Kenwyne Jones

Footballleagueworld.co.uk

Premier League side Newcastle United have set their sights on Cardiff City striker Kenwyne Jones as a possible candidate to replace the departing Shola Ameobi.

The news has come in just a matter of days after it was announced that Shola Ameobi would bring his 14 year stay at the club to an end when his contract expires in the summer. It is thought that he will join Steve Bruce’s Hull City.

Trinidad & Tobago international Kenwyne Jones is being lined up as his replacement. Jones joined Cardiff in January from Stoke in a deal which saw Peter Odemwingie moving in the opposite direction.

The striker has so far made 11 league appearances for the club whilst scoring one goal.

It is thought that he will be amongst the fringes at the club with their recent signing of Javi Guerra and expected signing of Lewis Grabban from Bournemouth.

If he does decide to join Newcastle, it has been rumoured that it will cost them around £2 million for the striker.

The 29-year old would prove to be an experienced member of the squad having spent numerous years in the Premier League with Stoke City. However, it is unlikely that he would feature as a starting squad member too often.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2014, 08:40:28 PM by de_redman »

Offline g

• mr greggle71
  • Hero Warrior
  • semi match fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: May 20, 2014, 03:21:58 PM »
Only seeing this happening if Remy actually moves to Arsenal as was rumoured a few weeks ago, has to be a situation where Newcastle are looking for multiple striker options. KJ will not be any team's first buy option.
Soca Warriors, the pride of a nation

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Cory Thomas: Illustration and Design
« Reply #220 on: May 20, 2014, 07:48:33 PM »
Only seeing this happening if Remy actually moves to Arsenal as was rumoured a few weeks ago, has to be a situation where Newcastle are looking for multiple striker options. KJ will not be any team's first buy option.
Remy ain't a Newcastle striker either way. He was on loan from QPR. So they lacking.

Offline g

• mr greggle71
  • Hero Warrior
  • semi match fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: May 20, 2014, 07:50:11 PM »

Remy ain't a Newcastle striker either way. He was on loan from QPR. So they lacking.

Kool, well better to stay in the BPL, and take his chance if it comes

Offline de_redman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: August 16, 2014, 11:19:35 AM »
Cardiff secures first win in Championship, Kenwyne scores twice

www.skysports.com

Cardiff secured their first victory upon their return to the Championship after beating Huddersfield 3-1, with Kenywne Jones scoring twice.

The Bluebirds won only five times at the Cardiff City Stadium last season in a short-lived spell in the Premier League but they immediately found the Championship much more to their taste.

Peter Whittingham set them on their way with a wonderful long-range strike and Kenwyne Jones scored either side of half-time to make it three goals in two games for the former Stoke and Sunderland striker.

Murray Wallace briefly gave Huddersfield hope when he made it 2-1 in first-half stoppage time but caretaker-boss Mark Lillis could not oversee a second-half comeback for the Terriers.

Lillis had been put in charge following the shock departure of Mark Robins after the 4-0 home defeat to Bournemouth on the opening weekend of the season.

There was little to get excited about in the opening stages until Jones failed to make contact with the ball from Mats Daehli's cross with the goal beckoning.

But that chance stirred Cardiff into life and almost immediately Whittingham fired the Bluebirds ahead after 28 minutes.

There seemed no danger when Whittingham picked the ball up from 30 yards but the midfielder took aim with his trusty left-foot and expertly found the bottom of Alex Smithies' net.

Seven minutes later Cardiff doubled their advantage when John Brayford's ball cleared the head of centre-half Joel Lynch to find Jones.

The Trinidadian was foiled at the first attempt by Smithies but the ball rolled back into his path for the big striker to convert.

Huddersfield had played some neat and tidy football until that point without possessing a cutting edge and Radoslaw Majewski dragged his shot wide after some inventive build-up play.

But the Terriers were back in the game in first-half injury time when Wallace's skewed header fell to Conor Coady at the far post.

Coady forced a fine point-blank save from David Marshall but the rebound fell to Wallace, who crashed it home past several defenders on the line.

Huddersfield went close to an equaliser when Majewski tested Marshall soon after the re-start but the Scottish goalkeeper batted out his 25-yard effort to safety.

But Cardiff restored their two-goal lead after 56 minutes when Daehli spotted the unmarked Jones 10 yards from goal, the finish unerring high into Smithies' net.

Jones might have collected his hat-trick in bizarre fashion 10 minutes later when Daehli's drive hit him on the back and flew goalwards, but Smithies held on.

Cardiff manager Ole Gunnar Solskjaer handed Spanish summer signing Javi Guerra his debut for Jones to earn a deserved standing ovation but Huddersfield refused to lie down.

Nakhi Wells created a chance for himself with a smart turn but his effort from an acute angle came back off the woodwork.

Marshall tipped over substitute Jordan Sinnott's close-range shot late on but Cardiff ran out easy victors.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: August 16, 2014, 11:37:08 AM »
Look like Kenwyne find he level.

Offline chelsealife

• You must be the change you wish to see in this world
  • Hero Warrior
  • Its BLUE, what else matters?
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: August 16, 2014, 01:12:46 PM »
Look like Kenwyne find he level.
I dont think so. He's showing he's better than this level. Cant say i wasn't expecting this idiotic comment but not so soon into the season *sigh*

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #225 on: August 16, 2014, 11:33:16 PM »
I dont think so. He's showing he's better than this level. Cant say i wasn't expecting this idiotic comment but not so soon into the season *sigh*

"Idiotic" is indulging in the madness of doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results... or better saying "no support from me :bs: :bs:" because yuh doh like de selection of the National team.  I wish Kenwyne well, hopefully he tear up de Championship, but he's proven at three different stops now that he's not a Premiership player.  Initial success at Sunderland has given way to inconsistency and mediocrity.  Doh shoot de messenger.

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: August 17, 2014, 02:18:28 AM »

"Idiotic" is indulging in the madness of doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results... or better saying "no support from me :bs: :bs:" because yuh doh like de selection of the National team.  I wish Kenwyne well, hopefully he tear up de Championship, but he's proven at three different stops now that he's not a Premiership player.  Initial success at Sunderland has given way to inconsistency and mediocrity.  Doh shoot de messenger.

Doh let facts stand in the way of healthy bias. One day he'll sign your flag.

Let's leave out his success at Stoke. Or his performances in Europe. Let's ignore his scoring rate being the best at the club even when he was only getting pigeon sweats.

Let's only focus on a bad last season at Stoke and pretend that's his whole career.

Meanwhile, even by your own estimation, 'mediocrity' would suggest that he's a middling, average Prem player. So yeah.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2014, 02:25:41 AM by Dinner Mints »

Offline davidephraim

• Do Good and Live!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: August 17, 2014, 02:48:02 AM »

Let's leave out his success at Stoke. Or his performances in Europe. Let's ignore his scoring rate being the best at the club even when he was only getting pigeon sweats.

Let's only focus on a bad last season at Stoke and pretend that's his whole career.

Meanwhile, even by your own estimation, 'mediocrity' would suggest that he's a middling, average Prem player. So yeah.

That was refreshing! Seems the glass is sometimes half full!
Warren N. Boucaud

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: August 17, 2014, 06:51:00 AM »

Is that what he doing fuh yuh... signing yuh flag?  Well after yuh put away yuh fanboy-ism and wipe de mist from yuh eye this is what yuh left with:

"Success at Stoke"... perhaps, if yuh find 13 goals in 88 appearances (or 2 1/2 seasons) "success" then that is laughable.  No amout of "bias" could hide that (yuh might want to check yuh own bias at de door next time before commenting).

By your own estimation he had a "bad last year at Stoke"... what was a good year?  And at 30 he's on the downside of his career, as a one-time 'mediocre' Premiership player.

Welcome to reality  :beermug:

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: August 17, 2014, 08:00:50 AM »

Is that what he doing fuh yuh... signing yuh flag?  Well after yuh put away yuh fanboy-ism and wipe de mist from yuh eye this is what yuh left with:

"Success at Stoke"... perhaps, if yuh find 13 goals in 88 appearances (or 2 1/2 seasons) "success" then that is laughable.  No amout of "bias" could hide that (yuh might want to check yuh own bias at de door next time before commenting).

By your own estimation he had a "bad last year at Stoke"... what was a good year?  And at 30 he's on the downside of his career, as a one-time 'mediocre' Premiership player.

Welcome to reality  :beermug:
Let ignore the context of Stoke being a low scoring side in general. The least goals scored in all four leagues one season. All of their strikers' goal records are shit. And Kenwyne's was the least shit in relation to minutes played. But, of course, it's convenient to say '88 games' when a 'game' is usually 12 minutes against Man City and already down 3-0. Yeah, he had a lot of those 'games'.

As for a good year, how about: Leading scorer in his first season. Goals taking them to a cup final and Europe. How about: Good performances as a key player in Europe the next season, while dropping behind Crouch in the Prem.

That Crouch become the preferred striker in a one striker system doesn't say much more than Crouch fit the system better. Nobody being a fanboy or claiming he a superstar. But suggesting that Championship is 'his level' is pretending that the Prem is only comprised of the top 5 teams. Like he couldn't do a wuk at a Hull or QPR. Like he'd look outta place at a West Ham. Maiga earning a Premiership paycheck for less.

But you cyah see all that because KJ talk to somebody bad a time.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2014, 08:02:46 AM by Dinner Mints »

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: August 17, 2014, 08:40:42 AM »
Let ignore the context of Stoke being a low scoring side in general. The least goals scored in all four leagues one season. All of their strikers' goal records are shit. And Kenwyne's was the least shit in relation to minutes played. But, of course, it's convenient to say '88 games' when a 'game' is usually 12 minutes against Man City and already down 3-0. Yeah, he had a lot of those 'games'.

As for a good year, how about: Leading scorer in his first season. Goals taking them to a cup final and Europe. How about: Good performances as a key player in Europe the next season, while dropping behind Crouch in the Prem.

That Crouch become the preferred striker in a one striker system doesn't say much more than Crouch fit the system better. Nobody being a fanboy or claiming he a superstar. But suggesting that Championship is 'his level' is pretending that the Prem is only comprised of the top 5 teams. Like he couldn't do a wuk at a Hull or QPR. Like he'd look outta place at a West Ham. Maiga earning a Premiership paycheck for less.

But you cyah see all that because KJ talk to somebody bad a time.

Poor Kenwyne, all he ever do is play for shit sides apparently, which in itself tells you all that you need to know.  Savaging Stoke as a side does nothing to bolster your claim that Kenwyne is a good/viable PL player.  Even if he goes to West Ham and starts he'll still be playing against Premier League competition... that's the point that you're missing.  He couldn't score against the worst PL teams with Stoke, but he'll score with WH?

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: August 17, 2014, 11:18:56 AM »
Damning with faint praise.

Kenwyne could clearly play a role at premiership level, but that ain't de point.
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: August 17, 2014, 11:39:05 AM »
Allyuh like to argue boy... KJ is a championship player , playing for a championship team..if a PL team does a transfer that could change..right now, he doing his job very well..and Cardiff teammates actually giving him chances. Stay the course KJ. It will get more difficult, as other teams fear you. This is where they will test your mental resolve.

Offline Tiresais

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: August 17, 2014, 12:56:19 PM »
The truth lies somewhere between - Kenwyne Jones is a specialist - great at a specific job in a specific formation with a specific game plan in mind. Any club in the Premiership who plays to his strength would do a lot worse than having him on their team, and he is clearly capable of scoring goals. However, that's not his main strength, and has never been since he left W Connection. He's a physically powerful player, both quick and strong, who can terrorise defences and pull defenders left and right, but without a midfielder or partner running into that gap it's not for much. He can also bring balls down, but again he needs support and once he has that he can really transform the attack.

Really, players like Jones are often under-utilised in England especially, where British managers tend to have less tactical nous than those on the continent. Jones is still a good player - strikers tend to rely more on confidence than anyone would like, but they're ultimately human and people under high-pressure situations (or indeed anyone in creative industries) do better when they're happy. Jones will do well this season, it won't necessarily be reflected in his goals, but more in the team performance if he's used well.

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: August 18, 2014, 08:56:43 AM »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/9lPkMYmbLZY" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/9lPkMYmbLZY</a>

KJ coulda had 4!
His teammates looking for him and able to pick him out, good stuff.

Oh yeah Cardiff City has their own youtube channel.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCfBVy8PAMwyNbac6D0Mk8gQ
« Last Edit: August 18, 2014, 09:00:21 AM by Peong »

Offline g

• mr greggle71
  • Hero Warrior
  • semi match fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: August 18, 2014, 07:02:52 PM »
Watch this space, if he drop a brace again this weekend doh be surprised if a premiership team try to swipe him before the transfer window closes.

Offline chelsealife

• You must be the change you wish to see in this world
  • Hero Warrior
  • Its BLUE, what else matters?
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: August 18, 2014, 07:45:29 PM »
Watch this space, if he drop a brace again this weekend doh be surprised if a premiership team try to swipe him before the transfer window closes.
I think he will be moving as well.... I would love to see him with Everton or QPR, their style may suit his play

Offline davidephraim

• Do Good and Live!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: August 19, 2014, 06:12:39 AM »
any links for game today! Cardiff vs Wigan?
Warren N. Boucaud

Offline de_redman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: August 19, 2014, 02:20:42 PM »
Goal! Cardiff City 1, Wigan Athletic 0. Nicky Maynard (Cardiff City) right footed shot from the left side of the six yard box to the bottom left corner. Assisted by Kenwyne Jones with a headed pass following a corner.

Offline Tiresais

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: August 20, 2014, 04:21:18 PM »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/9lPkMYmbLZY" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/9lPkMYmbLZY</a>

KJ coulda had 4!
His teammates looking for him and able to pick him out, good stuff.

Oh yeah Cardiff City has their own youtube channel.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCfBVy8PAMwyNbac6D0Mk8gQ

Seeing those highlights make me scared to play Cardiff!

1]; } ?>