March 29, 2024, 04:14:30 AM

Poll

If you won the lottery would you put money into T&T football?

Yes
10 (33.3%)
No
2 (6.7%)
Not with current staff
3 (10%)
Hell no
4 (13.3%)
Depends
11 (36.7%)

Total Members Voted: 29

Author Topic: If you won the lottery would you put money into T&T football?  (Read 6803 times)

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
If you won the lottery would you put money into T&T football?
« on: January 31, 2014, 06:22:32 PM »
If you won the lottery ($100 million USD) would you put money into T&T football?

Wether is de T&T league, T&T football, anything related to T&T football.

Let me hear you fellas.

Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline socalion

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: If you won the lottery would you put money into T&T football?
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2014, 06:56:35 PM »
 Yes Certainly i would  , will give reasons later !!

Offline bingie man

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2014, 08:29:18 PM »
def would,,academy or something..

Offline Tiresais

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2014, 04:40:19 AM »
Depends - might go silent partner with Central if they'd have me! Alternatively, buy up land and let clubs do a rental-purchase option (they rent off me, half the rent money goes towards buying it off me, doing that option because purchasing the land and having money in it gives rights)

Offline Agent Jack Bauer

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2014, 08:45:58 AM »
A community based program in conjunction with the schools.........I controlling every expenditure

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
  • These fellas are real Warriors.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2014, 10:03:43 AM »
Yes, if they promised to purge the organization of every brown-envelope seeking, corrupt, morally bankrupt, soul-destroying Jackula loyalist in there. Yes if there is a strong guarantee, supported by constitutional reform, for transparency, accountability and a promise to invest in development and promise to involve folks who love the game (as seen on this message board) as consultants.
Supportin' de Warriors right tru.

Offline 1-868

• Hero Warrior
  • Haters love me
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2014, 10:10:38 AM »
maybe, but any sum you donate, 1/2 of it going into some mofos pocket i can assure you.
Phenomenal, lovely atmosphere.

Offline loyalist

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2014, 10:43:45 AM »
Definitely will pump some money into youth academies and also into coaching education.

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2014, 11:10:26 AM »
When I was younger I used to dream of winning a big lottery or becoming billionaire level successful, and my whole plan was to buy over Barataria Ballplayers and bring them back in the limelight. I thought of building a stadium and a cricket grounds in the back by the mang and developing all that farmland, put an off ramp exit from the highway there.
Since it in the heart of the Barataria community, I always imagine the whole neighbourhood woulda come out like long time on a sunday evening. Make it a real community team. Barataria Jnr Sec and Snr comp would have been feeder schools. St Georges too.

Now I see they buy over all de gardens and put up housing and put a small stand in de mang. TSTT in de back dey too. It still have room for a community pro league team dey... I hope someone with vision and pesos and the will, think about it.

THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2014, 11:30:24 AM »
When I was younger I used to dream of winning a big lottery or becoming billionaire level successful, and my whole plan was to buy over Barataria Ballplayers and bring them back in the limelight. I thought of building a stadium and a cricket grounds in the back by the mang and developing all that farmland, put an off ramp exit from the highway there.
Since it in the heart of the Barataria community, I always imagine the whole neighbourhood woulda come out like long time on a sunday evening. Make it a real community team. Barataria Jnr Sec and Snr comp would have been feeder schools. St Georges too.

Now I see they buy over all de gardens and put up housing and put a small stand in de mang. TSTT in de back dey too. It still have room for a community pro league team dey... I hope someone with vision and pesos and the will, think about it.

FF, i bet you know Ronald Greenidge..cause I hear that dream from him a few times well.

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Cory Thomas: Illustration and Design
« Reply #10 on: February 03, 2014, 11:33:34 AM »
I've actually thought about this hypothetical before and decided I'd probably focus on boostin up some PFL team.

Offline Mose

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 03, 2014, 01:17:28 PM »
Probably not. Too many other projects would have a higher priority, like community development, scholarships and student aid. However, if I was to win a huge jackpot like a $100 mil or something then I might consider it.
Are you a match? It's too late for Emru, but maybe you can help save someone's life: http://www.healemru.com

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 03, 2014, 03:26:04 PM »
The first thing allyuh should di if allyuh come upon some good fortune, is to take Sam to the hairy-bank

Offline Michael-j

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 03, 2014, 04:15:22 PM »
I probably wouldn't invest in T&T football, but I always fantasied about hosting a mini world cup on T&T soil; I would gather the top 2-3 teams from each continent with all their big name superstars and run a winner- take- all tournament with an obscene multimillion dollar cash prize at stake ( like the Sanford T20 for 20 million) . It may not make sense from many perspectives, but it will be awesome from a fans point of view..it will be my gift to the football-loving T&T public  ;D

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 03, 2014, 04:45:32 PM »
I would build turf field football stadiums from POS to Toco. About 6 in Central. And another 7 in South. About 4 in Tobago.  We don't have to depend on the state facilities for football

Offline Mose

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 04, 2014, 09:23:27 AM »
I would build turf field football stadiums from POS to Toco. About 6 in Central. And another 7 in South. About 4 in Tobago.  We don't have to depend on the state facilities for football
No offence but dais a waste of time and money unless yuh put in place some kind system for the proper maintenance of the facilities. See Manny Ramjohn.
Are you a match? It's too late for Emru, but maybe you can help save someone's life: http://www.healemru.com

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 04, 2014, 09:32:04 AM »
I will have the best youth players in T&T, none playing for the National youth teams. Pure academy. Live in, school on site and everything. A massive facility and only the dedicated youths will be admitted. Top players will have opportunities to attend top tournaments in Europe and USA.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 04, 2014, 09:42:05 AM »
No offence but dais a waste of time and money unless yuh put in place some kind system for the proper maintenance of the facilities. See Manny Ramjohn.

Turf field

i.e. a lot less maintenance, necessary.
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 04, 2014, 10:13:40 AM »
I will have the best youth players in T&T, none playing for the National youth teams. Pure academy. Live in, school on site and everything. A massive facility and only the dedicated youths will be admitted. Top players will have opportunities to attend top tournaments in Europe and USA.
A pure academy requires addtl staff, facilities  and funding.
there is a program you can try to implement now, doesn't require a lottery, but a lot of organization and ground work, and i imagine sme measure of persuasion. Let me know if you interested. I had mention it awhile back in the "lil swimmers" blog.
It's called "Sport-Etude" and occurs from Elementary to University. Utilizes existing facilities & classrooms, it just a program change. To justify and determine placements, however, require highest academic standards. Thus a sport skilled, non-academic won't get into the program. It is an academy, not a training camp. Completely seperate from regular school . They have their own teachers and program director, all under the principal(adminstration) of the the school.
See Sport Etude tab (especially FAQ). i have already brought to attention to a serious coach in TT(he may require assistance, f you're serious).
http://johnrennie.lbpsb.qc.ca/
My youngest son is part of the program, although he has a different schedule to his peers, due to his being in another club further away. They train across the street, as well as more hours  ( which i personally find a lot, if not to much).
eg: They: Training (club - 1.5 hrs) ,School (am), Lunch (1/2 hr), Ped support (1hr) ,Training (sport etude group - 2 hrs), evenings off (homework)
      He: School (am), Lunch (1/2 hr), Ped support (1hr) ,homework (1hr) ,Training (regular club team - 2 hrs),  (homework)

I am proud to say, he is top of the school- academic, and country - sport.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2014, 10:21:02 AM by maxg »

Offline Mose

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 04, 2014, 10:31:26 AM »

Turf field

"Less maintenance" does not mean "No maintenance required". The fields will experience wear and tear from use and exposure to the elements, as will the associated stadiums. So I repeat, it is a waste of time and money unless you make provisions for the maintenance and upkeep of the facilities.

Offline Tiresais

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 04, 2014, 01:43:49 PM »

Turf field

"Less maintenance" does not mean "No maintenance required". The fields will experience wear and tear from use and exposure to the elements, as will the associated stadiums. So I repeat, it is a waste of time and money unless you make provisions for the maintenance and upkeep of the facilities.

Yea, possibly multi-use build into designs, maybe a club house that's rentable for functions, or a bar on-site

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 04, 2014, 09:37:08 PM »

Breds, government eh running this show. This is private enterprise. These fields coming with all the facilties. There will be ample  ladies room for sure. Stands on all sides and  all covered.

Aggie Stadium Ellis Field at Texas A&M comes kind of close to what I have in mind. But the Stand will be covered.

http://www.airfieldsystems.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/12/Ellis-field.jpg

Report on turf-field by the Fairfax county govt of Virginia. I am not a big lover of turf field. But  due to the heavy use of playing surfaces on the island and the shrinking free spaces in the EW corridor of nothern Trinidad, I think they are necessary.

http://www.socawarriors.net/forum/index.php?topic=61503.0

http://www.fcps.edu/fts/adminservices/prequalificationturf.pdf

http://www.wtop.com/41/3403027/Fairfax-to-convert-more-sports-fields-to-synthetic-turf

Private funding is essential in this endeavour.

http://www.fairfaxtimes.com/article/20111111/NEWS/711119745/-1/high-schools-private-funding-neccessary-to-turf-fields&template=fairfaxTimes
« Last Edit: February 04, 2014, 10:35:34 PM by Deeks »

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 04, 2014, 10:49:33 PM »

Offline Tiresais

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 05, 2014, 03:20:41 AM »
Most environmentally-friendly stadium in the world (maybe?);

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Princes_Park_(Dartford)

Near me :) Cost a pretty penny tho - £7 million

Offline Sando

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 05, 2014, 05:58:47 AM »
First this first, I will asked the current TTFA staff to resign, maybe just keep Sheldon Phillips and Stephen Hart. I would also invest in the T&T league but the same will have to go, the current staff from A to Z have to go and a totally reform everything that needs to be done to run a better league.

Give each teams in the league enough money to buy 2 marquee players to help draw crowd and sponsors.

I will be pulling the strings and make sure everything is run honest, keep the public well informed and cut of all the secrecy the TTFA normally do.

Try to build back some respect in the team and federation.

Build a 50,000 football stadium and only for football, hire the English to build it, one in South and one in Chaguanas, the only reason I didn't choose North is because they have no land up there and they already have the national Stadium.

Build a train track that runs from the airport and port of spain to the stadiums.

And have ample parking.

Invite all the top 4 teams from Europe, North, South and Central America and Africa to play in a mini tournament involving our league teams.

« Last Edit: February 05, 2014, 06:17:07 AM by Sando »

Offline Mose

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 05, 2014, 06:08:18 AM »

Breds, government eh running this show. This is private enterprise. These fields coming with all the facilties. There will be ample  ladies room for sure. Stands on all sides and  all covered.

Aggie Stadium Ellis Field at Texas A&M comes kind of close to what I have in mind. But the Stand will be covered.

http://www.airfieldsystems.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/12/Ellis-field.jpg

Report on turf-field by the Fairfax county govt of Virginia. I am not a big lover of turf field. But  due to the heavy use of playing surfaces on the island and the shrinking free spaces in the EW corridor of nothern Trinidad, I think they are necessary.

http://www.socawarriors.net/forum/index.php?topic=61503.0

http://www.fcps.edu/fts/adminservices/prequalificationturf.pdf

http://www.wtop.com/41/3403027/Fairfax-to-convert-more-sports-fields-to-synthetic-turf

Private funding is essential in this endeavour.

http://www.fairfaxtimes.com/article/20111111/NEWS/711119745/-1/high-schools-private-funding-neccessary-to-turf-fields&template=fairfaxTimes

Ah seeing ah set ah talk about ladies rooms, and no gov't involvement and possibly private funding, but ah still eh hearing about maintenance. NOTHING lasts forever. Facilities need to be maintained. If your plan is for the private funding to handle that, cool. For me that is the MOST important thing. And that is the case whether yuh building 1 stadium/field or 10. Otherwise is a waste of time.

BTW, one comment on the report. There is a mention in there about turf fields causing less injuries. However, I have heard some suggestions recently that turf fields (the newer ones, not the old hard carpet) may be harder on the legs and leading to an increase in muscular injuries like groin and hamstring pulls. I don't know if there's any hard numbers or any reports on that yet but there seems to be some anecdotal evidence. DISCLAIMER: I'm a fan of the newer "field turf" concept myself, but I've never played on it.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 05, 2014, 08:49:41 AM »
Mose, the reason I don't want govt is because there appears to be vindictiveness depending on who is the minister of sport or which party in power. When the government give they can dictate when, what, why, who. A plenty foot dragging.

Off course turf field needs maintenance. all the facilities need a maintenance crew for the upkeep of the field, bathrooms, etc. There will be rules and regulations. Also a weekly schedule of all games and activities.

Like I said before, I am not a fan of turf-field. Lack of space is what makes this choice of TF necessary. I also admit I don't know or have stats that compares the rate of injuries on natural grass and TF. I have read some reports on the pros and cons but can't give a definite conclusion. But TF in a multi-used facility needs to be replaced more often than when used for one sport. So TF is not a done deal. Joe Public field is due for a replacement. They have had that over 6 yrs. Jack, correct me if I am wrong.

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 05, 2014, 09:36:04 AM »
allyuh does dream detailed boy..even the political scenes an all...but the action on dem dreams does be short short, almost non-existant...allahwe musbe old like rass   :devil: :devil:

Offline Mose

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 05, 2014, 12:19:50 PM »
Mose, the reason I don't want govt is because there appears to be vindictiveness depending on who is the minister of sport or which party in power. When the government give they can dictate when, what, why, who. A plenty foot dragging.

Off course turf field needs maintenance. all the facilities need a maintenance crew for the upkeep of the field, bathrooms, etc.
There will be rules and regulations. Also a weekly schedule of all games and activities.

Like I said before, I am not a fan of turf-field. Lack of space is what makes this choice of TF necessary. I also admit I don't know or have stats that compares the rate of injuries on natural grass and TF. I have read some reports on the pros and cons but can't give a definite conclusion. But TF in a multi-used facility needs to be replaced more often than when used for one sport. So TF is not a done deal. Joe Public field is due for a replacement. They have had that over 6 yrs. Jack, correct me if I am wrong.

Dais all ah was trying to say. That maintenance is absolutely essential to any such plans.

Offline Pointman

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T football: win or lose, we still fetein'
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 08, 2014, 08:33:14 PM »
I would buy Civic and build a better stadium for the team. I'd also put my money into developing promising youth players from south. I'd turn Civic into the best team in CONCACAF.
Trini to de bone; Pointman to de bone.

1]; } ?>