April 24, 2024, 08:00:27 PM

Author Topic: R U proud of this?Johnnie Walker brand ambassador: T&T an important market  (Read 1756 times)

Offline davyjenny1

• duaneoconnor-tt.com
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.duaneoconnor-tt.com
The Guardian:

http://www.guardian.co.tt/business/2014-02-07/johnnie-walker-brand-ambassador-tt-important-whisky-market

T&T may be one of the prominent rum producers in the Caribbean but it is also one of the most significant markets in this part of the world for Johnnie Walker scotch whisky. That is why this country is the first stop on the Americas leg of the epic journey of the luxury yacht, John Walker and Sons Voyager. This was revealed yesterday by global brand ambassador for John Walker and Sons, Tom Jones, during the first of two days of events taking place locally to celebrate the T&T leg of the Voyager’s journey. “Johnnie Walker whiskies sell well here,” said Jones in response to questions during a media briefing on board the yacht which is docked at Pier One in Chaguaramas. “We have been selling whisky here since 1883.”

Jones, who will be on board the yacht as it journeys through the region over the next few months, shared his vast knowledge of the whisky during a session which featured the premium Johnnie Walker Blue, a best seller in T&T, as well as the recently launched Odyssey and other luxury blends. Since setting off in September 2012, the Voyager has sailed through Asia, retracing the original spice route, as well as Europe. Stops on the voyage through the Americas include Antigua, Venezuela, Aruba, Colombia, Puerto Rico and the Dominican Republic, with the final stop in Miami in the United States.

The journey is a reproduction of the epic travels of the Walkers who transformed the industry when they hired ship captains to act as brand ambassadors and to export their whisky around the world. It also celebrates the launch of the new, award-winning triple malt, Odyssey,  which commemorates the creation by Sir Alexander Walker, grandson of John Walker, of a nautical decanter for use on ships which moved to match the motion of the sea. During its stop in Trinidad, a series of high-profile events are being hosted on board the Vyachy. One of the highlights was a black tie dinner last night at which master chef Khalid Mohammed used Johnnie Walker in the creation of several special dishes and shared his opinion on the pairing of whisky with various foods. A Blue Label Carnival Gala is scheduled for today. The world-renown brand was created by John “Johnnie” Walker who started to sell whisky in his grocer’s shop in Scotland. His son, Alexander Walker introduced the iconic square bottle and angled label design which set the whisky apart from other brands and grandson Alexander II expanded the line and introduced the colour names by which the various Johnnie Walker blends are known.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2014, 08:55:56 AM by davyjenny1 »
The difference between the possible and
the impossible lies in a person determination.

Your Knowledge is directly related to your potential income.
 http://www.duaneoconnor-tt.com

Offline FF

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: R U proud of this?Johnnie Walker brand ambassador: T&T an important market
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2014, 09:25:12 AM »
I would say I am indifferent... but I hope we would maintain sober discussions about it.
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2014, 12:10:06 PM »
I would say I am indifferent... but I hope we would maintain sober discussions about it.

u like shit eh?! :D
« Last Edit: February 07, 2014, 12:11:45 PM by lefty »
I pity the fool....

Offline davyjenny1

• duaneoconnor-tt.com
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2014, 02:18:01 PM »

???   :bs:   There you go... control your poison

Offline Tiresais

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2014, 02:28:41 PM »
I for one appreciate a good pun :p

I think it's more worrying because Angostura is of much better quality than Johnny Walker imho - why not buy local? Oh wait, 'cause they pay off major soca stars to sing about drinking Johnny...

Offline Michael-j

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2014, 02:59:40 PM »

I think it's more worrying because Angostura is of much better quality than Johnny Walker imho - why not buy local? Oh wait, 'cause they pay off major soca stars to sing about drinking Johnny...

How can you compare the two? they are completely different spirits- rum vs whiskey.

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2014, 03:05:55 PM »

How can you compare the two? they are completely different spirits- rum vs whiskey.

:rotfl:  T, DJ award candidate
Education is our passport for the future for the future belongs to those who prepare for it today

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2014, 04:55:18 PM »

Same effect. PPPPPPPPP.

Offline Tiresais

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2014, 05:51:05 PM »
You can relatively, tentatively. I like both Whiskey and Rum, and in their category I can't explain the popularity of Johnny Walker without the branding. It's all personal taste tho :)

Offline davyjenny1

• duaneoconnor-tt.com
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2014, 06:05:20 PM »
T&T does promote drinking alcohol especially around this time of year considering the facts that exist the authorities need save the youth from turning into drunks.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 07, 2014, 10:21:22 PM »
The irony of coming in davyjenny thread and winning he award.  Classic.

Offline fishs

• I believe in the stars in the dark night.
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 08, 2014, 01:35:08 AM »
 That article is just marketing hype.
And Tesauraus or whatever your name is, right now puncheon rum is the best selling spirit in TT.

Ah want de woman on de bass

1]; } ?>