April 27, 2024, 03:53:35 PM

Author Topic: SWO celebrates the New Year with Sheldon Phillips.  (Read 7904 times)

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: SWO celebrates the New Year with Sheldon Phillips.
« Reply #30 on: January 03, 2014, 07:07:03 PM »
Elan u call us Veterans but i will more refer to us as the foundation because without us where Football would be,u will never know the fights and struggles we had to under go,if was not for us there would be no them,it have guys who left T&T on contracts etc etc long before Yorke and them ever did,if wasn't for that foundation we would have nothing to stand on today,every generation will always look better than the past because that's what we see presently,u know how long it took a black Englishman to play on a club team in England.

Elan do u know the present day players have to beg and dip there hands in their pocket to see T&T play also? so what has Sancho and them achieved?i must laugh because we only fooling ourselves.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2014, 07:26:52 PM by Coop's »

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 03, 2014, 07:08:26 PM »
Weary i'm not vex with u or anything of the sort for your thoughts/views but i'll share this with u,on this forum u have to be able to try and sypher out what's jokes,old talk,people looking for bacchanal,the haters,those that just like to set records straight (facts) etc etc don't take everything people say and hurt your head with it sometimes we just have to let it go.

I'm glad i'm home because a lot of what i read/hear i can personally make a call,check out the source,meet the individuals most who know me or i make myself known to them.Ive been to the TTFA office on a couple occasions and is all because i want to hear it from the horses mouth (no hear say),i've been to a meeting up to today all the stake holders were there even Tim Kee,i met all of them which was quite refreshing to me,i will not come here and discuss what was said to me or anything of the sort.

When people talking here i does only shake my head,you will always find i try to put in a good word for the TTFA past or present because i know what they go through on a daily basis,we must try sometimes to meet these people personally and tell them how u feel instead of always criticizing,i met my friend Sml Mag he was on the Computer checking the forum,we have guys in there who were once here and still follows the forum so they hear u.

I know u eh vex and I know d talking heads and who bump their gum because they have a keyboard. I glad SM working there now so some young blood. I know it eh easy but I wanted a clean house at the TTFA as far as I am concern there are 2 much relics from the past.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 03, 2014, 07:17:25 PM »
Weary i'm not vex with u or anything of the sort for your thoughts/views but i'll share this with u,on this forum u have to be able to try and sypher out what's jokes,old talk,people looking for bacchanal,the haters,those that just like to set records straight (facts) etc etc don't take everything people say and hurt your head with it sometimes we just have to let it go.

I'm glad i'm home because a lot of what i read/hear i can personally make a call,check out the source,meet the individuals most who know me or i make myself known to them.Ive been to the TTFA office on a couple occasions and is all because i want to hear it from the horses mouth (no hear say),i've been to a meeting up to today all the stake holders were there even Tim Kee,i met all of them which was quite refreshing to me,i will not come here and discuss what was said to me or anything of the sort.

When people talking here i does only shake my head,you will always find i try to put in a good word for the TTFA past or present because i know what they go through on a daily basis,we must try sometimes to meet these people personally and tell them how u feel instead of always criticizing,i met my friend Sml Mag he was on the Computer checking the forum,we have guys in there who were once here and still follows the forum so they hear u.

I know u eh vex and I know d talking heads and who bump their gum because they have a keyboard. I glad SM working there now so some young blood. I know it eh easy but I wanted a clean house at the TTFA as far as I am concern there are 2 much relics from the past.
      :beermug: :beermug:

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 03, 2014, 07:21:05 PM »
Coops I dealing with T&T. Progressing the TTFF/TTFA.

How did the Administrative side of the game improve?
Where's the coaching structure?
Where's the Identification and Selection procedure?
Where's the grassroots initiatives?
Where's the 2018/2022 WC developmental plan?

Coops its easy to say we struggled to go to Europe and play to US and play. That's all well and good, but what's all that for if the game at home is still at ground zero.

See we fall over we self to pat Hart on the back for chastising those who criticize, but in the same swype of the keyboard hitting Kelvin Jack for six. How does that work.  ???
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Football supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 03, 2014, 07:28:18 PM »
Elan u call us Veterans but i will more refer to us as the foundation because without us where Football would be,u will never know the fights and struggles we had to under go,if was not for us there would be no them,it have guys who left T&T on contracts etc etc long before Yorke and them ever did,if wasn't for that foundation we would have nothing to stand on today,every generation will always look better than the past because that's what we see presently,u know how long it took a black Englishman to play on a club team in England.

I don't want to be picky, Coops, but it took exactly one year from the formation of the first professional league (the English Football League) for a black player to play on a club in England. Arthur Wharton (from Ghana -as we now call it) signed a professional contract for Rotherhan in 1889. He played for several clubs and retired aged 37. However, I will concede that he was not English...his father was half Scottish! Of course, things went downhill after that!

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 03, 2014, 07:48:46 PM »
Coops I dealing with T&T. Progressing the TTFF/TTFA.

How did the Administrative side of the game improve?
Where's the coaching structure?
Where's the Identification and Selection procedure?
Where's the grassroots initiatives?
Where's the 2018/2022 WC developmental plan?

Coops its easy to say we struggled to go to Europe and play to US and play. That's all well and good, but what's all that for if the game at home is still at ground zero.

See we fall over we self to pat Hart on the back for chastising those who criticize, but in the same swype of the keyboard hitting Kelvin Jack for six. How does that work.  ???
     Elan come on don't try to change your conversation,you talk of the veterans as though our contributions to T&T Football means nothing,may be u don't know but we had our fights and struggles with the TTFA,u will not know how many teams/players were swiped out of our Football for standing up to Eric James/Jack Warner,i and all was blacklisted at one time i don't know if that still stands today because they are all my friends,times have really changed.Don't be against me for laughing because i was there at one time,it's time to let go.

Offline shelly

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 06, 2014, 02:26:37 PM »
Well done Mr Sheldon Phillips.

For the first time I feel confident in T&T football turn around.

Good luck my dear friend.

Offline shelly

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 06, 2014, 02:28:57 PM »
Or, I forgot to mention, I will be there for the game vs Argentina. That I will not miss, MESSI forever !!!!!

Thanks for making this happen.

Offline Sando

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 11, 2014, 11:26:51 AM »
When is Beenhakker coming to T&T?

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
  • These fellas are real Warriors.
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 11, 2014, 11:45:15 AM »
When is Beenhakker coming to T&T?

Daiz de damn ting question self.

Ah wasn't sure if the new TTFA was prepared to really get Beenie on "off season" as we customarily try these acquisitions for a mad late scramble to qualify for CONCACAF after using and ripping off some exploitable local coach who failed to bring home the bacon with limited resources. So when ah see Beenie gorn ah say ... oh shite, like they find an excuse to chop expensive payroll. But when I heard that he was being brought back ah say NUFF FLECKIN' RESPECT oui. Never have I seen such progressive thinking at TTFA.  Sheldon if you really seriously aim to keep him for development and not short term hustle .... then T&Ts future is bright.  I salute you. Once again, Sancho, Kelvin, Shaka, Stern, Kenwyne, Cornel, Anthony Wolfe, Cyd, Evan Wise, FS and others ... thank you for being the catalysts when many thought y'all were effin' nuts and some called you stupid with daily ridicule. I will nevah forget and I am grateful. And before ah forget, thank you Beenie fuh having the independent cajones to tell the TTFA no deal unless yuh show some respec' and pay the local coaches.
Supportin' de Warriors right tru.

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 22, 2014, 12:57:09 PM »
Mr Phillips,

Thank you for taking the reigns and helping T&T football get back on it's feet.

Thank you for taking the time to read my contributions. It is meant to be a view from the stands and a filler for all the little things not picked up by the cameras and established journalists.

I really was unaware as to who reads my observations, but if those in authority can take notice and fix the simple things...all these little things that help in making a T&T match more than just a game, but an outing, an experience that families and supporters would be willing to pay for, regardless of the outcome on the field...everyone will benefit.

So make sure the washrooms in order, the vendors on point and the entry and exit to the stadium painless and easy.

Also sw.net and by extension the forum is the heart and soul of T&T football, embrace all the contributors and you will see how much more all of us have to offer.

« Last Edit: January 22, 2014, 12:58:57 PM by Touches »

A for apple, B for Bat, C for yuhself!

Offline Errol

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 23, 2014, 10:40:44 AM »
Mr Phillips,

Thank you for taking the reigns and helping T&T football get back on it's feet.

Thank you for taking the time to read my contributions. It is meant to be a view from the stands and a filler for all the little things not picked up by the cameras and established journalists.

I really was unaware as to who reads my observations, but if those in authority can take notice and fix the simple things...all these little things that help in making a T&T match more than just a game, but an outing, an experience that families and supporters would be willing to pay for, regardless of the outcome on the field...everyone will benefit.

So make sure the washrooms in order, the vendors on point and the entry and exit to the stadium painless and easy.

Also sw.net and by extension the forum is the heart and soul of T&T football, embrace all the contributors and you will see how much more all of us have to offer.

Excellent reply Touches.

Everyone reads your reports and I am sure 99% loves it.

Its also nice to see Sheldon enjoying it as well, first time the federation credit us here, says a lot.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #42 on: February 24, 2014, 03:49:51 AM »
TTFA General Sec gets Concacaf role.
T&T Newsday Reports.

TRINIDAD AND Tobago Football Association (TTFA) General Secretary Sheldon Phillips has been appointed by Concacaf as one of the confederation’s Diversity Officers.

The Diversity Officers will play a key role in the implementation of Concacaf’s ‘Protocol for racist incidents during matches’ providing expertise and support to Match Commissioners.

The protocol passed by the Concacaf Executive Committee on December 13, outlined a three-stage method for dealing with any serious racist and/or discriminatory behaviour in football stadiums, such as racist chants, insults, screams and banners.

This protocol is part of the Confederation’s Embrace Diversity campaign, launched during the 2013 Concacaf Gold Cup, which will include strong educational initiatives throughout 2014 and beyond. The Embrace Diversity campaign was created to provide a strong, recognised, effective and influential voice to promote inclusion and tolerance within the football community and society.

Phillips will attend a training session on the Protocol and the role of Concacaf Diversity Officers will be held in Los Angeles on March 11 before the Champions League game between LA Galaxy and Tijuana on March 12.

On his appointment, Phillips commented: “I am honoured to be selected as a Concacaf Diversity Officer and be part of the overall approach by Concacaf under president (Jeffrey) Webb to make the game more inclusive and live up to the ideal of football for all.”

Webb added: “we congratulate our 41 Member Associations for safeguarding a culture of diversity within football. Even though the history of Concacaf shows a great track record when it comes to diversity on the field, the Confederation is committed to creating standards to continue promoting good practice across the region.”

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #43 on: February 24, 2014, 03:56:58 AM »
Well done Sheldon !!

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline boss

• Hero Warrior
  • When I grow up I want to be Dennis Lawrence
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 24, 2014, 06:01:50 AM »
Hero in a half Shel, Phillips power!  :)  :beermug:

Offline dtool

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: February 24, 2014, 06:09:18 AM »

Congrats Sheldon
Dtool

1]; } ?>