April 16, 2024, 12:44:25 PM

Author Topic: Thread for the T&T vs Colombia Game (01-June-2014)  (Read 7783 times)

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
Thread for the T&T vs Colombia Game (01-June-2014)
« on: February 20, 2014, 03:16:48 AM »
As usual, any updates/scores, shout-outs, reports, predictions, views, etc, on the T&T vs Colombia game Buenos Aires, Argentina on the 01st of June 2014 will be posted here, this way, we can maintain the message board and not make it look too scrappy with un-necessary or related headlines and postings on game day.

For the internet users, you can follow the game at:

To be updated.

Possible Online Streams.

To Be Updated.

Possible TV Station.

To be updated.

Trinidad & Tobago Squad

Goalkeepers
To be updated.

Defenders
To be updated.

Midfielders
To be updated.

Forwards
To be updated.

Colombia Squad

Goalkeerpers
To be updated.

Defenders
To be updated.

Midfielders
To be updated.

Forwards
To be updated.

Updates to follow as we get more info, so keep checking back.

« Last Edit: April 16, 2014, 06:13:17 PM by Flex »
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline de_redman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Thread for the T&T vs Colombia Game (27-May-2014)
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2014, 06:49:23 AM »
Wow T&T will be playing the #3 and #5 ranked teams in the world within the span of 8 days??!! :o Very ambitious! How did we pull this off?  ???

Offline Sando

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2014, 07:10:12 AM »
Well done Mr Sheldon !!!!

Offline g

• mr greggle71
  • Hero Warrior
  • semi match fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2014, 07:29:16 AM »
Colombia, Argentina and Iran

Impressive I must say, all pros vying for selection must show good form this tour of games.

Notwithstanding the focus of the teams we are going up against, this is as good as any World Cup group stage schedule.
Soca Warriors, the pride of a nation

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
  • These fellas are real Warriors.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2014, 11:49:05 AM »
Good going folks.  Well done Sheldon. After some hopefully good performances, we could attract some home games and pull off some gate receipt revenue to pay more dues. We really missing Renraw eh!! ... ent Horner (and crew)?
Supportin' de Warriors right tru.

Offline Tiresais

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2014, 12:21:01 PM »
Really looking forward to this - hopefully we can pick up some shock results!

Offline ProudTrinbagonian

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2014, 12:50:49 PM »
Another world cup that pass we could have made with the current crop.

At least we have some saving grace with these matches.  An upset would be sweet.

whey boy!

Offline boss

• Hero Warrior
  • When I grow up I want to be Dennis Lawrence
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2014, 01:03:27 PM »
Colombia, Argentina and Iran

Amazing. Congrats to all involved in putting this together.  :beermug:

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2014, 05:28:46 PM »
Friendly clash on Colombia 's Caribbean coast! Nice link, but de MOST trash ever seen on any beach.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 20, 2014, 06:14:07 PM »
Allyuh think Pacho had a hand in this?

Offline che

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 20, 2014, 08:56:30 PM »
Friendly clash on Colombia 's Caribbean coast! Nice link, but de MOST trash ever seen on any beach.

More than this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=51yDYLHNEjw
                      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kf70sjELloY

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 21, 2014, 07:30:25 AM »
Friendly clash on Colombia 's Caribbean coast! Nice link, but de MOST trash ever seen on any beach (by me).

More than this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=51yDYLHNEjw
                      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kf70sjELloY

Nah, ah feel that win! Ah fix it   :).

(Although, ah hard-pressed to call that Guyana thing ah beach).

Here's the good news:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/k9zg1r7UfbY" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/k9zg1r7UfbY</a>

« Last Edit: February 21, 2014, 07:34:00 AM by asylumseeker »

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #12 on: February 22, 2014, 03:08:15 AM »
Football Association seeks Colombia match
By Ian Prescott (Express).

The Soca Warriors may not have qualified for the World Cup, but they will be playing top quality opponents as if they were in the FIFA competition itself before the tournament starts.

The Trinidad and Tobago Football Association (TTFA) is now seeking a friendly international match against a  third World Cup qualifier, Colombia,  prior to the 2014 FIFA World Cup in Brazil. 

Already a match against Argentina has been confirmed for June 4 in La Plata, Argentina. The Soca Warriors will also play  Iran on  June 8 in Sao Paolo, Brazil.  Yesterday, TTFA general secretary Sheldon Phillips confirmed negotiations for a match against Colombia in May, but stated that the game is not yet confirmed.

If confirmed however, T&T may have the enviable task of facing the full squads of  two of the top five teams in the world, just prior to the World Cup. Lionel Messi’s Argentina are ranked in the top three in the world, while Colombia for whom Monaco striker Radamel Falcao plays, are ranked fifth.

“We are trying to create a (World Cup) group stage of our own with three quality international matches,”  Phillips stated. “It is something which (coach) Stephen (Hart) would very much like  to have, as  preparation for the Caribbean Cup, Gold Cup and the next World Cup qualifiers. “

“Nothing (with Colombia) has yet has been confirmed. But matches against Argentina (June 4) and Iran (June 8.) are confirmed, Phillips said.  “These things have a life of their own, but we would like to confirm it by the middle of March. We do not have a game in March for the FIFA window, but we would like a third match confirmed by mid-March, if it the this (Colombia) match, or some other qualify opponent.”

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 22, 2014, 10:39:49 PM »
Bring back Stern tuh score another hat-trick.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Tiresais

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 23, 2014, 03:23:24 AM »
Hah as much as I like him, I think Jones and Jorsling might be better options up front :p

Offline supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 25, 2014, 11:52:31 AM »
This very attractive tour is when you start contacting those foreign-born players who are on the bubble, and capping them (Haha cant think of any right now but there used to be a few! (See Bobby Zamora, Hoyte, Samuel pre-2010 as examples of players to target...the dual-citizenship player).

Also, these friendlies offer me hope that the new TTFA has somewhat of a clue.
Hart for president

Offline FireBrand

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 25, 2014, 07:47:01 PM »
This very attractive tour is when you start contacting those (foreign-born players who are on the bubble, and capping them Haha cant think of any right now but there used to be a few! (See Bobby Zamora, Hoyte, Samuel pre-2010 as examples of players to target...the dual-citizenship player).

Nick De Leon, John Bostock, Sheanon Williams, Daniel Carr, Kamani Hill, Gavin Hoyte, Hallam Hope among others.
Warrior Nation Member At Large

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 25, 2014, 08:45:24 PM »
This very attractive tour is when you start contacting those (foreign-born players who are on the bubble, and capping them Haha cant think of any right now but there used to be a few! (See Bobby Zamora, Hoyte, Samuel pre-2010 as examples of players to target...the dual-citizenship player).

Nick De Leon, John Bostock, Sheanon Williams, Daniel Carr, Kamani Hill, Gavin Hoyte, Hallam Hope among others.

nick, bostock and Williams willing to join us now ? hallam hope is willing to switch 
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 25, 2014, 09:47:43 PM »
Its a relief to see us getting some competitive fixtures.. Instead of the usual Grenada, Guyana etc.

I wouldnt be surprised if we get another competitive fixture before the world cup.

Offline Tiresais

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 26, 2014, 03:34:11 AM »
Good point on the 2nd nationality players - having competitive opponents who raise their game will be a draw certainly, although I think favouring players who played in the bad-old days would be my personal preference.

Offline de_redman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 26, 2014, 05:05:23 AM »
Good point on the 2nd nationality players - having competitive opponents who raise their game will be a draw certainly, although I think favouring players who played in the bad-old days would be my personal preference.
Ummm just play the best 11 available. This is not rocket science.

Offline Tiresais

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 26, 2014, 10:26:44 AM »

Personally I think that you shouldn't do that for national teams - I'd prefer national teams full of players who embody the nation, i.e. haven't made a choice for career decisions. Obviously I'm in a minority, but I'm cool with that :)

Offline supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 26, 2014, 01:34:02 PM »

Exactly! Thanks!
Hart for president

Offline supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 26, 2014, 01:37:22 PM »

Personally I think that you shouldn't do that for national teams - I'd prefer national teams full of players who embody the nation, i.e. haven't made a choice for career decisions. Obviously I'm in a minority, but I'm cool with that :)

I'm with you on picking those who really have shown loyalty. But, being the small nation that we are, and not scheduling premier matches like this every day, I'd like to see TTFA really maximize and sell the hell out of these fixtures and use it to try and cap a player or two.
Hart for president

Offline Tiresais

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 26, 2014, 02:39:28 PM »
Yea that's a fair point, although I can imagine the frustration of some of the players who played all the crap games against our neighbouring islands, and then when an exciting game comes up johnny foreigner gets their first cap to 'capture' him for the nation and he loses his chance to impress on a bigger stage.

Offline de_redman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 26, 2014, 09:23:27 PM »
Yea that's a fair point, although I can imagine the frustration of some of the players who played all the crap games against our neighbouring islands, and then when an exciting game comes up johnny foreigner gets their first cap to 'capture' him for the nation and he loses his chance to impress on a bigger stage.
Then you raise your game and show that you deserve the pick.

Offline JRtheWriter

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 27, 2014, 05:56:02 PM »

Exactly! Thanks!

Nick De Leon is getting some buzz up here in the states and has a big year for him starting next week, if he impresses enough he's hoping to hear from Jurgren. I dont think he will personally. As for Shaenon...I'm seeing him in 2 weeks and gonna tell him he needs to make his Mom (or dad) proud and give T&T a try!

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 27, 2014, 07:15:47 PM »
Tell Nick, we will see him for T&T very soon and we would welcome him.

Shaenon too.

Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline Dynamite Warrior

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 16, 2014, 04:25:22 PM »
The match will be on June 1st TTFA just confirmed it.

Offline FireBrand

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 16, 2014, 04:50:59 PM »
T&T lines up Colombia friendly
TTFA Media.

Trinidad and Tobago will face yet another World Cup bound team in a friendly international in Buenos Aires.

The Trinidad and Tobago Football Association today finalized a match against Colombia scheduled for June 1st in Buenos Aires.

The match will precede T&T's friendly with Argentina in La Plata on June 4th and Iran in Sao Paolo on June 8th.

TTFA President Raymond Tim Kee was elated about the matches on the cards for the "Warriors."

"This is by every means our World Cup group and I think it's speaks volumes of our ability as a country and as an association to line up matches of this caliber against three world class opponents," Tim Kee told TTFA Media.

"The last time our country had such a schedule would have been in our build up to the 2006 World Cup where we played Czech Republic which was ranked number two in the world at the time. Now we will face potentially one of the World Cup favorites and another in Colombia who are traditionally a powerhouse in South America. Then you have Iran which is the top ranked team from Asia," Tim Kee added.

TTFA General Secretary Sheldon Phillips, who has been instrumental in arranging the matches, said the line up of games would go a long way in Stephen Hart's preparations for the upcoming Caribbean Cup and subsequently the Concacaf Gold Cup and 2018 World Cup campaign.

"Some may see it as a risk with us playing three World Cup teams but we believe ideally this is what we need in terms of quality opponents for our preparations. We want to be able to compete with the best teams around and this has all the ingredients attached to it,"Phillips said, also crediting the Ministry of Sport and Sportt for their ongoing support towards the National Teams.

"We want to give our national teams and players the best opportunities possible when it comes to preparations and experience. We think it says something about where we are heading with these teams giving us the opportunity to rub shoulders and to take them on over 90 minutes just prior to the World Cup."

Hart is expected to announce his squad for the three games in May and the TTFA will announce further details on the options for fans to witness the games over the next two weeks.

Colombia, coached by Argentine Jose Peckerman is still hoping it will be able to count on striker Radamel Falcao when it plays in the World Cup for the first time in 16 years.

Falcao has been working hard to recover from a knee injury that has put his participation in doubt. If he doesn't heal by the time the World Cup arrives, it will be up to 22-year-old James Rodriguez, Falcao's teammate at Monaco, to carry the hopes of Colombian fans.

With or without Falcao, Colombia has a solid squad that cruised through South American qualifying, finishing second only to Argentina in the nine-team group. Its defense was the best in the region, led by veteran Mario Yepes.

« Last Edit: April 16, 2014, 06:10:41 PM by Flex »
Warrior Nation Member At Large

1]; } ?>