April 18, 2024, 07:20:40 PM

Author Topic: Aubrey David Thread  (Read 53710 times)

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Aubrey David Thread
« on: February 27, 2014, 09:09:20 AM »
Aubrey David off to Finland for trial
By ​Shaun Fuentes (TTFA)

National defender Aubrey David left for Jakobstad, Finland yesterday for a trial with Finnish Premier League club FF Jaro.

David, a former national Under-17 and U-20 defender, has been one of the consistent players coming out of the T&T youth system and has been a regular in the pool of T&T senior players for the past year or more.

“It’s a two-week trial but I’m going there with the intention to give it my best shot and hopefully stay one time with the club,” David said.

“It’s going to be down to hard work and God will take care of the rest. I’ve looked forward to an opportunity like this for some time now and hopefully all will go well. I’m really excited about the opportunity. I think I’ve grown as a player in recent times because of the exposure with the national team I intend to keep on advancing my game,” David said.

The 23-year-old David has made 16 appearances for the T&T team and is currently attached to Caledonia AIA. David will hope to become the second T&T player to join Jaro after local striker Shahdon Winchester had a stint with the club last season while on loan from W Connection.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2015, 07:26:47 PM by Tallman »
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline trini_stallion

• Hero Warrior
  • soca in mih veins, soca in mih blood...
    • View Profile
Re: Aubrey David off to Finland for trial
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2014, 10:55:14 AM »
The Finnish pl...is that a high standard? ?
Soca in mih vein, Soca in meh blood
Soca in yuh vein, Soca in blood,
Soca in we vein, Soca in we blood,
It's a heart of love, can't deny soca, cuz its good fuh de soul...
Trinidad and Tobago jump up now!

Offline Football supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2014, 12:11:21 PM »
The Finnish pl...is that a high standard? ?

It is in Finland  :rotfl:

Offline Tiresais

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2014, 12:31:03 PM »
Not terrible, but I thought he had a place in the states? Or am I confusing him with someone else?

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2014, 01:32:58 PM »
our players  need better agents ..
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2014, 07:14:43 PM »
Good luck youth.

Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline FireBrand

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2014, 08:38:11 PM »
All the best Aubrey!
Warrior Nation Member At Large

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2014, 01:30:51 PM »
well anynews?
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Tiresais

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2014, 03:44:30 PM »
This finish site says he started a game on the 1st of march; http://palloverkko.palloliitto.fi/live/stats/Fixtures.aspx?fixtureID=xX0YpJSUU/ugzn098biz+A==&matchID=X+xWemRNvv1KHTAne9ma7Q==

The FF Jaro site also lists him as having played on the 8th as well - http://www.ffjaro.fi/news/jaro-ja-fc-jazz-tasasivat so maybe he signed? :)

Offline FireBrand

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 11, 2014, 04:25:50 PM »
well anynews?

No decision made as yet by the Club. He is still on trial. He played two matches so far in the left back position.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #10 on: March 11, 2014, 04:35:59 PM »
So I take it, the season has started? if so, why isn't Shahdon heading back?

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Tiresais

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 11, 2014, 04:59:55 PM »
They were friendlies apparently. April is start date

Offline FireBrand

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 12, 2014, 09:32:29 PM »

Shahdon is back at FF Jaro.

Offline FireBrand

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 13, 2014, 08:42:40 AM »
Aubrey David has signed on loan with FF Jaro for the upcoming season.  He wanted me to convey his thanks to all at SocaWarriors.net for their support.

http://www.ffjaro.fi/page/index
« Last Edit: March 13, 2014, 08:44:16 AM by FireBrand »

Offline Banter Banton

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 13, 2014, 09:02:28 AM »
Aubrey David has signed on loan with FF Jaro for the upcoming season.  He wanted me to convey his thanks to all at SocaWarriors.net for their support.

Great Stuff... will do him good in a pro environment to get some experience

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 13, 2014, 10:19:33 AM »
On the heels of Aubrey David’s successful trial at FF Jaro, the club has now offered a trial to Caledonia AIA defender, Akim Armstrong.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 13, 2014, 12:14:25 PM »

:beermug:
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
  • These fellas are real Warriors.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 13, 2014, 12:55:34 PM »
Sweet news.
Supportin' de Warriors right tru.

Offline Tiresais

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 13, 2014, 01:18:34 PM »
Fantastic news!!! Please pass on our support

Offline Sando

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 15, 2014, 03:17:45 AM »

I saw he lined up for W Connection yesterday.

Offline FireBrand

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 15, 2014, 06:04:28 AM »

I saw he lined up for W Connection yesterday.

Yeah I guess I should have said he will be back at FF Jaro before the season starts.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
David likes the simple life.
« Reply #21 on: November 16, 2014, 03:04:50 AM »
David likes the simple life
T&T Express Reports.

If Aubrey David has his way, he will be heading back to Finland, after a good first season playing in their 12-team Premier Division, the Veikkausliiga.

The 24 year-old left defender is currently on loan to Finnish top level club FF Jaro, the same club of another young Trinidad and Tobago international Shahdon Winchester. They share living quarters.
David was actually born in Guyana, but has lived in T&T for most of his life.

He attended Vessigny Government Secondary and represented the country at the FIFA Under-17 (2007) and Under-20 (2009) World Cups.

However, when he did not get an invite to join the T&T senior team for the 2014 World Cup campaign, David took up an invitation from former Guyana head coach, Trinidadian Jamaal Shabazz, to join his native Guyana for friendly matches against Panama and Jamaica, before making the permanent switch to the Soca Warriors when called up in November 2012. He now has nearly 20 caps for T&T.

Formerly with the now defunct South End FC, Joe Public and T&TEC clubs, David joined Shabazz’s Caledonia AIA and won the FA Trophy in 2012–13. In his second season with the Morvant-Laventille-based “Stallions,” he was loaned to FF Jaro for the 2014 Veikkausliiga season.

“The club has offered me another season, but I am still contracted with Caledonia (AIA) until next year. So I will have to see what they say, and hopefully I go back,” David said.

“For my first season outside of Trinidad, it has been good for me,” David added. “I played 31 out of the 33 games and I scored three goals. Our team finished sixth. So, it was a nice learning experience for me. Hopefully, I will improve in the future.”

David describes life in Finland as “very simple”, but has the company of his T&T compatriot Winchester. He also kept contact with Daneil Cyrus and Joevin Jones, both also based in Finland this year.

“It is a basic culture, a simple people. I had to get accustomed to the weather...first time experiencing the cold weather. It’s basic living. Very simple.”

David is also thrilled to be back in the national team after a break, and has already played against Curacao and French Guiana at the 2014 Caribbean Cup.

“It feels good to be back in the national team after a little while. Glad to be here for the CFU and among this bunch of players and in this setting again,” David declared.

“My last game for the national team was last December against Jamaica, home and away. It feels good to be back.”

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline chelsealife

• You must be the change you wish to see in this world
  • Hero Warrior
  • Its BLUE, what else matters?
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 16, 2014, 08:18:50 AM »
More mistake in the Express, like dem doh do no research. Cyrus doesn't play in Finland

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 16, 2014, 11:00:17 AM »
Maybe by saying "Express reports" and hiding the author's name it reduces accountability on the author. Not a healthy situation.
Still proud of you Aubrey and glad that you are in our growing pool of players although you are not my yet my first choice in the left back position.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #24 on: November 20, 2014, 03:03:58 AM »
David stays solid in T&T defence.
By Shaun Fuentes (TTFA)

Finland-based defender Aubrey David turned out to be one of the key performers for T&T at the Caribbean  Cup Finals in Montego Bay in Jamaica.

The former national Under-17 and U-20 player was a starter in Stephen Hart’s team for three of the matches during the championship after missing out on the previous semi-final stage in T&T.

Playing with FF Jaro in the Finnish top flight, David, who also played for Guyana at the senior level, said he owed his progress to hard work and self-belief.

“It was a decent tournament and I think we deserved every bit of success we achieved in getting to the final. Unfortunately the result didn’t go out way but we fought till the end and that’s the best one can hope for,” David said.

“I think my game has seen some improvements and my transition from playing in Trinidad to Europe has played a big part in my ability to perform on the international stage. I can only hope to continue developing and improving.”

David will return to the Caledonia AIA line-up but hopes to move back to Europe next season.

“I will be back at Caledonia but I’m hoping another opportunity comes up when the transfer window reopens in January. I feel my game is good enough to keep a spot on the national team and of course I want to play at a high club level because  it’s definitely helping me. I can’t stay relaxed and think my place is fixed on any team. I have to keep delivering every match.”

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 20, 2014, 09:30:25 AM »
David you played a good defensive game in the Carib Cup final. I wish you more success in your club career

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 20, 2014, 10:22:33 AM »
Aubrey,
If you reading this, you did better than I expected, so congrats, thanks and good luck and keep up with the team, fighting for a regular spot as we need a deep pool of defenders and left footers who are fit like beasts. This football business in Concacaf eh easy at all atall.

Offline pull stones

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 20, 2014, 05:02:51 PM »
Aubrey,
If you reading this, you did better than I expected, so congrats, thanks and good luck and keep up with the team, fighting for a regular spot as we need a deep pool of defenders and left footers who are fit like beasts. This football business in Concacaf eh easy at all atall.
not only did he played his heart out i would vote him defender of the tournament. he held that central defense way better than mitchel and marshal combined i think we might be looking at the next central defender along side cyrus.

Offline chelsealife

• You must be the change you wish to see in this world
  • Hero Warrior
  • Its BLUE, what else matters?
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 20, 2014, 07:57:16 PM »
Aubrey,
Believe it or not, Aubrey is actually right footed  :o

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #29 on: December 11, 2014, 02:56:17 AM »
David eyes return to Europe.
By Shaun Fuentes (TTFA).

National defender Aubrey David is expected to undergo trials in Europe in February as his stint with Finnish club FF Jaro has ended.

David had a relatively strong showing for T&T at the 2014 Caribbean Cup Finals and is hoping to secure another move to Europe.

“The deal has ended with Jaro and at the moment I’m home awaiting the new transfer window. There are a couple clubs that have expressed interest and I’m likely to go on trial early next year,” David said. “The club is from Ukraine and they’ve invited me to join them for a camp in Turkey in February. So hopefully I’ll be back out there in 2015.”

David said he was looking forward to 2015 calendar.

“Next year is another huge year for the national team with the Gold Cup coming up and of course we’re getting closer to the 2018 World Cup qualifiers.

I think we ended 2014 in a good position by coming second in the Caribbean Cup. We have a lot of work to do still but we could look back and be pleased with some of the things we have accomplished in 2014.”

1]; } ?>