March 28, 2024, 03:48:33 PM

Author Topic: Aubrey David Thread  (Read 53266 times)

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Aubrey David Thread
« Reply #240 on: January 31, 2021, 12:27:16 PM »
Doh focus on senior team caps.
Ranjitsingh

Recall, the Q is about CBs.

Ah real dig for this one
Aaron Maund

Ah win Tallman ? Ah win Tallman ?

Bravo, good shout! :applause:

Maund partnered Waston at Vancouver Whitecaps before Waston left in a huff and a puff for Cincinnati.

I told TM he was 'warm' because he was on the right track regarding the club.

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: January 31, 2021, 05:34:08 PM »
TM owe meh ah Heineken, A
TM owe meh ah Heineken, O
A O A O sing it again 🎶
 :chilling: :chilling:  :wavetowel: :wavetowel:

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: January 31, 2021, 08:27:19 PM »
TM owe meh ah Heineken, A
TM owe meh ah Heineken, O
A O A O sing it again 🎶
 :chilling: :chilling:  :wavetowel: :wavetowel:

Buh wha de ass do you? Is asylumseeker who owe you de beers, not me. Anyhow take this  :beermug:
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: March 23, 2021, 07:35:03 PM »
WATCH: Defender Aubrey David about the Trinidad and Tobago Men's Football team's preparations for the CONCACAF World Cup Qualifier match against Guyana.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/AICngOmH2eE" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/AICngOmH2eE</a>

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #244 on: March 23, 2021, 07:38:21 PM »
David focuses on 3 points from Guyana.
By Walter Alibey (T&T Guardian).

"It was a disappointing result against the USA but I think we've learnt a lot of lessons and we've learnt a lot about the guys we have, and what we need to work on."

T&T defender Aubrey David wants all hands on deck as T&T tackles the country of his birth- Guyana in their opening World Cup Qualifying match on Thursday night in the Dominican Republic. The game is scheduled to kick-off at 7 pm.

The Deportivo Saprissa defender is destined to make up for the 0-7 defeat by the United States on January 31 by calling on his teammates to stick to the instructions of coach Terry Fenwick, if they are to secure maximum points on Thursday.

"We need to have confidence within ourselves and confidence with each other. We need to stick to the game plan and unity will be very vital out there, so we need to work hard for each other, and with these ingredients, we can get the job done."

"I think now with the senior players coming in, it would be much better and we would have a lot more experience so that we can learn how to move forward in the future. It's just for us to get the instructions from the coach and know what he wants, so we can get the job done."

David who was born in Guyana and was adopted by T&T admitted that having played against the Guyanese in the CONCACAF Gold Cup in the USA in 2019 where the game ended in a 1-1 result, they may have an idea of their game plan and who they may have playing for them.

The Guyanese have since recruited Brazilian coach Marcio Maximo for the qualifiers and could provide an unexpected style of play on Thursday.

David is one of few overseas-based players who have joined the T&T camp for the match. The others being midfielder Khaleem Hyland (Club Al Batin) of the Saudi Arabian League, midfielder Daniel Phillips (Watford FC), goalkeeper Nicklas Frenderup (IL Stjørdals-Blink) of the Norwegian League, Robert Primus who plays in India, among others.

"It feels good to be in the camp and getting to know some new faces and seeing some old faces that you haven't seen in a while because of the pandemic."

Watch Aubrey: We'll be ready for the assignment

Watch Soca Warriors prep for Guyana clash in Dominican Republic | SportsMax Zone

« Last Edit: March 23, 2021, 07:45:06 PM by Flex »
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline royal

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: April 14, 2021, 06:30:22 PM »
has COVID

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: April 14, 2021, 07:15:57 PM »
Yes, Just saw it on Sarprissa roster. Get well soon. Blessings

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: May 24, 2021, 08:00:17 AM »
WATCH: Aubrey David scores the game-winning goal in Saprissa's 3-2 win over Herediano in the first leg of the 2021 Clausura Championship

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/evfzv-7IfUk?start=152" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/evfzv-7IfUk?start=152</a>

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: July 05, 2021, 10:04:36 AM »
I now see the photos of David's injury on Instagram. The man lip almost come off! Deep cuts inside and outside his mouth, he lucky he didn't lose teeth from that blow.
This man real tough to keep playing. Aubrey David, you a real warrior.
It was disappointing that the ref initially did not even see a foul in that play.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: July 05, 2021, 10:35:08 AM »
I now see the photos of David's injury on Instagram. The man lip almost come off! Deep cuts inside and outside his mouth, he lucky he didn't lose teeth from that blow.
This man real tough to keep playing. Aubrey David, you a real warrior.
It was disappointing that the ref initially did not even see a foul in that play.

The players should have protested as well. Vigorously. Blood on face. Cut lip. These are signs of contact. Even if you haven't seen the incident, engage the referee. With VAR not doing so is inexcusable.

Offline royal

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: July 05, 2021, 05:14:41 PM »
After seeing that cut, not only was it a penalty but the player should have been sent off because the ref did go to VAR. A Guyana player was sent off for much less.  Respect to Aubrey David for continuing to play.

Offline pull stones

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: July 06, 2021, 01:31:03 AM »
After seeing that cut, not only was it a penalty but the player should have been sent off because the ref did go to VAR. A Guyana player was sent off for much less.  Respect to Aubrey David for continuing to play.
paleasee most of these concacaf referees are duds, the absolute worst officiating I’ve ever seen is in concacaf. go back and look at the last World Cup qualifiers and you would see infractions to make your head turn, and none of it was detected by the officials, all four of those worthless duds. I’m so happy that VAR is going to be permanent fixture in fifa tournaments just to keep an eye on these corrupt officials who are paid to sell out teams that are deemed unworthy. as you said that should have been a straight red no questions asked, but as it stood we didn’t need it since we won ver handsomely.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: August 05, 2021, 01:39:14 PM »
Defender Aubrey David poses with the 2021 Supercopa de Costa Rica trophy after Deportivo Saprissa's 4-1 win over arch-rival LD Alajuelense.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: January 04, 2022, 05:34:46 PM »
Having played 5,847 minutes across 67 games for club and country, Trinidad and Tobago and Deportivo Saprissa defender Aubrey David ranks at #5 worldwide for the most official game minutes by an outfield player in 2021.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: January 05, 2022, 12:32:18 AM »
Having played 5,847 minutes across 67 games for club and country, Trinidad and Tobago and Deportivo Saprissa defender Aubrey David ranks at #5 worldwide for the most official game minutes by an outfield player in 2021.

NT minutes included? Could have been higher if we had a regular NT schedule.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #255 on: January 05, 2022, 10:37:05 AM »

NT minutes included? Could have been higher if we had a regular NT schedule.

Yes, NT minutes included.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
T&T defender David to get Costa Rican citizenship
« Reply #256 on: January 12, 2022, 01:01:40 PM »
T&T defender David to get Costa Rican citizenship
By Walter Alibey (T&T Guardian)

T&T defender Aubrey David would soon be a citizen of Costa Rica.

The COVID-19 pandemic has, as it has done to many things around the world, affected this process for David becoming a Costa Rican from taking place temporarily, but David, a Guyanese-born who plays for T&T, is certain to have triple citizenship once the opportunity presents itself as he is married to a Costa Rican.

David in an interview recently told Guardian Media Sports the move is not aimed at playing for the 'Ticos' but to make things easier for himself and his club- Deportivo Saprissa in the top-flight Costa Rican Football League.

" To play in these countries it's difficult in terms of the spots they have. It's not like other leagues where they allow like seven foreign players, so you have to actually be at the top of your game to get in.

So now that I am eligible to become a citizen, and also free up a spot for Saprissa and make it easier for myself, that even if I go somewhere else, I can come back here and not be counted as a foreigner, it helps everybody.

It wasn't an easy decision but it has been years, the directors came to me and said it was a possibility. What I thought about the most was if it would have affected anything with T&T and it doesn't so it will help me in my professional career.

The process hasn't even been started as yet. It is something that I've been thinking about. There is a lot of complications to get it because with the whole pandemic situation, some papers I have to go down to T&T to get but I haven't had dialogue so. Then it was the end of the season and then we had the CONCACAF Gold Cup."

David made his full international debut for the T&T national team on 29 February 2012 against Antigua and Barbuda at the age of 21, but following the team's elimination from the 2014 FIFA World Cup qualifiers David made an about-turn by accepting an invitation to play for Guyana.

He returned to the red, white and black of T&T in November 2012 and has played for the Soca Warriors since.

Late last year David was adjudged the T&T Football Association's Player of the Year, an award he embraced with gratitude, saying he gave God thanks for the opportunity to have health and strength to play the game of football, and also be recognised for it. He ruled it as his best year, in spite of the pandemic: " 2021 I could say would have been my best year because we won two trophies out of three and also we had a good Gold Cup, although we didn't reach as far as we would have liked to.

We would have liked to go further on in the tournament but we had a good showing and we made the country proud, so 2021 was a good year for me, the only thing is that we didn't end the year by winning another trophy with my club.

David's achievement for 2021 in fact, exceeded all expectations as he was voted the fifth most consistent player around the world, in terms of appearances for both club and country. This he accredited to his self-care.

After seeing the statistic it was a feeling of gratitude, more importantly, I'm thankful to God for giving me health and strength and keeping me injury free so I can be able to help my team, help my country by being on the field.

I had to sit down and think 67 games in one year without any injury, without any complications, I felt very grateful."

Preparation for the 2022 season kicked off recently for David and Saprissa with hopes that more trophies and titles will be won this year.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: April 10, 2022, 09:23:02 PM »
WATCH: Aubrey David scores a consolation goal for Deportivo Saprissa in their 4-1 loss to AD San Carlos

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: April 28, 2022, 09:55:48 AM »
WATCH: Aubrey David scores the opening goal in the 337th Costa Rican Clásico where Deportivo Saprissa emerged 2-0 winners over Liga Deportiva Alajuelense

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/0QNz99bZU04" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/0QNz99bZU04</a>

Offline kounty

• Hero Warrior
  • Truthfulness is brighter than the light of the sun
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: April 29, 2022, 11:09:39 AM »
WATCH: Aubrey David scores a consolation goal for Deportivo Saprissa in their 4-1 loss to AD San Carlos
using Aubrey on them set pieces man. Nice addition.

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: July 03, 2022, 09:03:10 AM »

Respect to Aubrey David. Listen to this man departing speech. You can tell he really enjoyed playing for Saprissa in CR

https://www.facebook.com/TeamTrinbago/photos/a.240163770663140/754559082556937/

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: July 03, 2022, 06:11:23 PM »
Where he goin?

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: July 03, 2022, 07:37:08 PM »

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: July 03, 2022, 07:39:06 PM »

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: July 12, 2022, 09:22:36 AM »
Former Deportivo Saprissa defender Aubrey David has joined rivals Liga Deportiva Alajuelense on an 18-month contract.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: August 03, 2022, 06:26:46 AM »
WATCH: Aubrey David rounds off the scoring by blasting the ball in the roof of the net on the half volley during LD Alajuelense's 3-0 win over CD Águila in a Preliminary Round second leg match in the Concacaf League.

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: August 04, 2022, 10:46:37 AM »
That was well-taken. We should put him up front  ;D
In a lean few years for the "Trinis In Action" threads (remember those?), Aubrey David has been one of our brightest and most consistent performers. I'm really impressed with him.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: December 03, 2022, 08:08:27 PM »
Aubrey David joins Ecuadorian Serie A Champions, SD Aucas
SocaWarriors.net Media

Defender Aubrey David has completed his transfer from Costa Rica's Liga Deportiva Alajuelense to Ecuador's Sociedad Deportiva Aucas. SD Aucas is the current champion of the Ecuadorian Serie A, the top tier of football in the country.

Liga Deportiva Alajuelense Sporting Director Antonio Solana said of the transfer, "The sale of Aubrey makes us very happy, it not only represents a good offer for LDA, but it also allows him to grow in his professional career".

Aubrey took the opportunity to thank LDA's fans, saying “although it was a short time, I am very grateful to the club and especially to the fans who welcomed me from the first day, it is a great step in my career and I thank LDA for allowing it to happen".

David played played 28 games with LDA this season; 16 in the league, 9 in the Concacaf League and 3 in the Cup Tournament.

LDA's website stated "We thank Aubrey for his professionalism and dedication while representing the red and black, and we wish him every success in this new stage of his career which could see him play in the Copa Libertadores."

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: July 21, 2023, 03:47:59 AM »
The player has returned to Costa Rica on loan, where he will reunite with Paulo Wanchope. Cartaginés were in need of a versatile left-footed CB and the player was identified as fitting the bill.

Aside from Aubrey, three other Aucas players have been facilitated loans. Others departed without new contracts. Basically, Aucas is on a squad-trimming mission. By any measure, 50 players is a huge squad.

I would think he is the only T&T player who would have competed in the prestigious Copa Libertadores. Ah don't anticipate that anyone would join him on that podium anytime soon. Anyway, the very good $$$ is on the relationship with Aucas petering out upon the loan's expiration date.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2023, 04:12:13 AM by asylumseeker »

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #269 on: September 24, 2023, 01:32:14 AM »
Soca Warriors player profile.
T&T Newsday Reports.

WHEN it comes to strong and charismatic leaders on the football pitch, very few can rival the stalwart custodian – Aubrey David.

Following more than a decade of unwavering service, the dynamic and rugged centre-back has become one of the most senior players in the TT men’s senior team and a leader that many of the younger players look up to. As a result, head coach Angus Eve appointed the 32-year-old David as captain of the national team and he recently led the Soca Warriors to two victories in two matches in the Concacaf Nations League.

Born in Guyana, David represented his homeland in the early stages of his senior career following a stint with TT at the youth level. There, he flew the red, white and black flag at the 2007 FIFA U-17 World Cup, the 2009 FIFA U-20 World Cup and the qualifiers for the 2012 Olympics.

However, after a brief spell with the Golden Jaguars at senior level – playing two friendly matches – David made the switch back to TT and pledged allegiance to the Soca Warriors in November 2012.

Speaking on his see-saw encounter with Guyana, David said, “Not many people know, but I am Guyanese by birth. At the age of three, I moved to Trinidad with my mom and brother and spent, basically, the rest of my life here (in Trinidad) before I left to play football abroad.”

The Guyanese-Trinidadian fared well in his endeavours away from TT – particularly during his tenure at Costa Rican Club, Saprissa – as he became the first Trinidadian to win the Concacaf League in 2020, as well as the Costa Rican league in 2020 and 2021.

He also had success in Major League Soccer (MLS) with FC Dallas, winning the Supporters’ Shield and the US Open Cup in 2016.

Currently, he plays for Costa Rican team, CS Cartaginés, on loan from Ecuadorian club, SD Aucas. David also stated that his decision to represent Guyana at the senior level was influenced by fellow Guyanese-Trinidadian Jamal Shabaaz, who is the head coach of the Guyana national team.

“When he (Shabaaz) found out (that I was Guyanese), he gave me a call”, David said. “At the time, Guyana were about to play in the Hex of the 2010 World Cup qualifiers after knocking out Trinidad.”

“When that happened, I was playing with the Trinidad U-23 team and I didn’t make the final team (for the 2012 Olympic qualifiers). So when coach Shabaaz called, I gave it some thought and it was one of the hardest decisions that I had to make in my career so far.”

“He (Shabaaz) told me that we were going to play two friendlies against Jamaica and Panama, and if I didn’t like the setup and environment in Guyana, I was free to go back to Trinidad and play – so I decided to take the opportunity as I didn’t have anything to lose.”

David’s U-turn from Guyana led him to become a five-time Gold Cup participant for the Soca Warriors having played in the competition in 2013, 2015, 2019, 2021 and 2023.

In 2021, his stellar performances for club and country earned him the Trinidad and Tobago Football Association (TTFA) Footballer of the Year, which he described as a “tremendous honour” following a “challenging and difficult” period after the covid19 pandemic.

Usually positioned in the centre of the defensive line, David has played at right-back and left-back throughout the years. But as far as his preferred position goes, the veteran Warrior said it depends on the team’s style of play.

“The coach and system play a big part. Personally, I like to get forward and be part of the attack. So if the team is playing in a system where the wide-backs have the freedom to run forward and track back, then I’d prefer to play at right-back – it’s more fun! But, if it’s a style where the full-back is instructed to stay at home, then I’d prefer centre-back.”

Now aged 32, David’s role as a centre-back is invaluable as he brings experience and prowess to the national team, which Eve has been wisely utilising in the Concacaf Nations League thus far.

With just one international goal on his record, David will be seeking to add to his tally – as well as continuing to secure clean sheets and guiding the team – before he hangs up his boots.

He expressed, “God’s willing – once I have life, health and strength – my goal is to get to (defend, score... anything it takes to get to) the World Cup and be a mentor to the younger ones as I’d soon be on my way out.” Captain David will lead the Soca Warriors in Nations League action again next month as TT face Guatemala and Curaçao in the next international window.

With two wins in two matches, the Warriors currently top Group A and are in a firm position to earn a spot in the final eight, where a place in the 2024 Copa America is at stake.

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

1]; } ?>