March 28, 2024, 06:18:29 PM

Author Topic: Aubrey David Thread  (Read 53274 times)

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
Re: Aubrey David Thread
« Reply #150 on: January 07, 2017, 02:10:33 PM »
The opposition quick to scout our players and then disregard them... it's funny because if I were the local clubs I would keep our players outside of any nations in our qualifying outside of the US because they will know everything about our players heading into qualifiers

The pro league is run by fools

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: February 26, 2017, 01:51:30 PM »
Defender Aubrey David has signed a two-year contract with Finnish Premier League club, PS Kemi Kings.

The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: February 06, 2018, 06:24:48 PM »
Defender Aubrey David has signed a two-year contract with Finnish Premier League club, PS Kemi Kings.

Defender Aubrey David has signed a one-year contract with Finnish Premier League club, Vaasan Palloseura (aka VPS).
How does these contracts work ? Mutual agreements ?

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: February 06, 2018, 08:37:09 PM »

Defender Aubrey David has signed a one-year contract with Finnish Premier League club, Vaasan Palloseura (aka VPS).
How does these contracts work ? Mutual agreements ?

I eh know nah. Is all kinda tings could go on. Could be a transfer, or maybe he and PS Kemi Kings mutually agreed to cancel their contract.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: July 30, 2018, 07:16:49 PM »
WATCH: Aubrey David scores his first goal for the season in VPS’ 2-2 draw with FC Lahti

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/yHD1mXUUFko?start=136" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/yHD1mXUUFko?start=136</a>

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: December 18, 2018, 06:10:25 AM »
Defender Aubrey David returns to Costa Rican powerhouse, Deportivo Saprissa.

This will be a well-received move for Saprissa fans and no doubt a comfortable move for the player, who undeniably felt at home there.

He will be back to signing autographs in front of an adoring fan base.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: December 18, 2018, 08:08:17 AM »
Man, TT players are the ultimate movers.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: November 13, 2019, 06:42:20 PM »
WATCH: Saprissa defender Aubrey David speaks about attaining 50 international caps in Trinidad and Tobago colours and also gives his perspective on the upcoming matches versus Ecuador (friendly, November 14, 2019) and Honduras (Nations League, November 17, 2019)

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/SN8A5etTwgc" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/SN8A5etTwgc</a>

"A childhood dream achieved, 50 caps for my national team. Thank you God for allowing me to reach this goal. Always a pleasure to represent my country." --- Aubrey David

« Last Edit: November 13, 2019, 06:47:19 PM by asylumseeker »

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: November 27, 2019, 05:48:22 AM »
Congrats to #52 and El Monstruo Morado on winning the CONCACAF League. :applause:

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: November 27, 2019, 12:00:46 PM »
Congrats to #52 and El Monstruo Morado on winning the CONCACAF League. :applause:

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: November 27, 2019, 03:06:24 PM »

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: November 27, 2019, 06:00:37 PM »
Congrats Aubrey. Only you and Defence Force have bragging rights.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: November 27, 2019, 08:48:15 PM »

Ah know what yuh mean, but is not de same competition. Aubrey will only have bragging rights like Defence Force if he win de Concacaf Champions League.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #165 on: November 27, 2019, 10:57:15 PM »

Ah know what yuh mean, but is not de same competition. Aubrey will only have bragging rights like Defence Force if he win de Concacaf Champions League.

I thought it was the same thing, the name was just changed. Is this like a Europa cup deal?

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: November 28, 2019, 07:33:22 AM »

I thought it was the same thing, the name was just changed. Is this like a Europa cup deal?

No, this is a recent competition. The Concacaf League serves as qualifiers for the Concacaf Champions League.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
T&T defender Aubrey David wins Scotiabank Concacaf League title
« Reply #167 on: November 29, 2019, 01:33:28 PM »
T&T defender Aubrey David wins Scotiabank Concacaf League title
By Narissa Fraser (T&T Newsday)

T&T defender Aubrey David lifted the 2019 Scotiabank Concacaf League trophy with his team-mates on Tuesday as his club, Deportivo Saprissa, were crowned champions after edging CD Montagua 0-0 in the second leg of the final.

Saprissa previously defeated Montagua 1-0 in the first leg on November 7.

Speaking with Newsday, on Thursday, he said, “It was a difficult game, as any final, both teams want to win. But we worked hard to keep the clean sheet and became victorious. “All honour and glory to God for allowing us to win the trophy. I am proud of my team-mates and coaching staff and the Saprissa institution for the hard work. I am very grateful to be a part of this great team.”

David joined the Costa Rican club in January and wears the number 52.

He made 18 appearances this season across the Concacaf League and the Costa Rican Premier league (Liga FPD), and has played a total of 1,435 minutes. The team is currently in second place on the Liga FPD table with a total of 40 points. They will go up against Herediano in the second leg of the semi-final on December 1, with a score of 1-1 on aggregate.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: December 01, 2019, 05:20:14 PM »
Saprissa is leading 2-1 on aggregate. Aubrey is in the XI.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: December 01, 2019, 07:22:16 PM »
Saprissa and Herediano played a thriller in front of a packed stadium. Saprissa sold about 8,500 tickets before kickoff and doubtless there were last minute purchases to almost ram the 10,000 seater.

Match went 120 minutes and needed penalties to break the deadlock. Unfortunately, Saprissa lost a few minutes ago when Herediano converted their 5th pk. Saprissa converted 4.

Saprissa opened the scoring at 27' ironically via the penalty spot (Johan Venegas) but were unable to protect the lead. Oscar Granados equalized at 76'. Saprissa's non-converting penalty kicker was Randall Leal who is going to be in the MLS next year. (I mention this specifically for when Leal steps up vs the Soca Warriors).

Herediano advance to the Costa Rican final. Aubrey was not a penalty taker.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2019, 07:28:33 PM by asylumseeker »

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: December 02, 2019, 06:19:19 AM »
The CONCACAF League victory occurred several days ago ... yet the Express sports desk suddenly seemed it fit to publish it 4 hours ago? Must be late breaking news.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: January 09, 2020, 12:31:23 PM »
WATCH: Defender Aubrey David - 2019 Highlights

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/8fZIWqJ4nnU" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/8fZIWqJ4nnU</a>

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: January 27, 2020, 04:49:49 AM »
Unfortunately Aubrey and his teammates squandered the opportunity to wake up on Monday positioned at the top of the table. Despite a disappointing start,  they were able to pull back an equalizer within the first 20 minutes of their battle against Herediano.  However,  the promise of the equalizer evaporated and Herediano banged three more goals into Saprissa's net.  Final score 4-1. Aubrey received  a yellow card as well. 

If there is any good news,  going into the next match day (#6),  Saprissa is only one (1) point off the leaders. But for the loss,  Saprissa would have been sitting three points clear at breakfast today.

Two of the 4 goals came from the penalty spot and Saprissa played a man down for a significant period of the match (about half an hour). The penalty brought the score to 3-1. The icing on the cake goal was Herediano's 4th goal.

Other good news: Aubrey played 90 minutes under difficult going.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2020, 05:01:41 AM by asylumseeker »

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: January 27, 2020, 05:37:54 AM »

I find he does look good with his club, but it hardly translates to de national team.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: January 27, 2020, 07:07:10 AM »

I find he does look good with his club, but it hardly translates to de national team.

One thing that comes to mind is that in Costa Rica he has been the definitive starter deployed with a clear and consistent role. On the NT, his use has altered from role to role and it would be difficult to state that he has been a definitive starter,  despite having amassed those 50 caps. Frankly, I think he receives a sort of love in CRC that he does not get in T+T.  And, in my view the NT stage has allowed for less playing expression than his club career in CRC has permitted.

I agree with you and I think there's a psychology element to it (player/coaching dynamic). Now the ball has passed to Fenwick to see what he could extract.

Incidentally,  I'm not sure how much time was devoted in the past to watching what he played at club level versus the raw stats from those games.

It says something  that under more than one coach in CRC,  he has been well-regarded.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2020, 07:13:53 AM by asylumseeker »

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: January 27, 2020, 10:50:44 AM »
Where does he play for club CB, because he doesn't really do well at fullback for us defensively or offensively assuming he was encouraged to join d attack by DL, a good option to retire cyrus until better or younger and better can be done.
I pity the fool....

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: January 27, 2020, 07:28:26 PM »
Where does he play for club CB, because he doesn't really do well at fullback for us defensively or offensively assuming he was encouraged to join d attack by DL, a good option to retire cyrus until better or younger and better can be done.

CB. He has played every minute so far this season in the league. However,  he has had the odd game in Costa Rica on the left flank.

In general, across seasons, his matches have a ratio of ~3:1 in terms of the number of matches played as a CB:LB in CRC.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2020, 07:37:55 PM by asylumseeker »

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: January 27, 2020, 07:38:08 PM »
Ok thanks good to know...he might make a decent partnership with bateau, because he is not impressing at LB
I pity the fool....

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: January 27, 2020, 08:43:35 PM »
Thanks for the David vid. I rarely get to see our boys playing club football these days.

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: January 27, 2020, 10:14:04 PM »
Ok thanks good to know...he might make a decent partnership with bateau, because he is not impressing at LB
who was playing the positions in front of and before him, when he played LB ?

1]; } ?>