March 28, 2024, 01:20:05 PM

Author Topic: Aubrey David Thread  (Read 53258 times)

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
Re: Aubrey David Thread
« Reply #180 on: January 27, 2020, 10:27:43 PM »
Ok thanks good to know...he might make a decent partnership with bateau, because he is not impressing at LB
who was playing the positions in front of and before him, when he played LB ?
u know that's a good question I can't even off the top of my head name our fullbacks except for alvin jones and mikel williams to be honest....but he is not great but then d backline was always to for back under Dennis

I pity the fool....

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: January 28, 2020, 04:34:28 AM »
Ah feel yuh answering ah different question.

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: January 28, 2020, 07:05:18 AM »
 ??? Yuh hadda help mih with dat one
I pity the fool....

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: January 28, 2020, 01:05:06 PM »
It could be that you answered the question intended.  maxg will clarify.

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: January 31, 2020, 04:22:26 PM »
As is a team game, every positional performance and lack of, is inherently dependent on the other positions on the field. So as one critiques a Elite player performance, David in this case, then analysis must be made of which players he was surrounded by, as well as coaches instructions(if any). Since we not privy to coaches instructions or selections - who else available. We could only look at his supporting teammates. So who were they ? Were they observed to assist, support or enhance David in his position?

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: January 31, 2020, 04:33:43 PM »
As is a team game, every positional performance and lack of, is inherently dependent on the other positions on the field. So as one critiques a Elite player performance, David in this case, then analysis must be made of which players he was surrounded by, as well as coaches instructions(if any). Since we not privy to coaches instructions or selections - who else available. We could only look at his supporting teammates. So who were they ? Were they observed to assist, support or enhance David in his position?

That's precisely what I thought you meant.

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: February 01, 2020, 08:54:55 AM »

I get u, he got burned in 1v1 defensively more often than not and wasn't really useful on the overlap, when ever he was able to get forward but again dat team was always broken in two during build up, I remember how much discussion I had with seeker about dat gap, dat team after team would exploit between midfield and defense.........we need to get our defenders comfortable doing their job higher up the pitch, there aren't many teams sitting their back lines down with the GK anymore and in the same vein many teams now know how to exploit the teams dat still do and we were exploited so many times it got ridiculous dat it was not being addressed by DL, our biggest issue with playing our defenders higher is dat many aren't great under pressure with the ball except for Bateau, who I fancy as a B2B, in some capacity anyways(under utilized weapon dat, can count 3 or more goal involvements with runs out of the back), but I digress, maybe as you insinuate his failing at FB is systemic more than individual, but his individual moments have not been great either. JMO 
« Last Edit: February 01, 2020, 09:04:02 AM by lefty »
I pity the fool....

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: February 05, 2020, 11:56:07 PM »
Order restored at least for now.  Saprissa are top the table and won a fixture that's been traditionally tough for them in recent years.  They beat Límon 1-0.  Maybe not the biggest surprise because Límon have been struggling, but regardless this is a match they normally get up for. Aubrey faced the opening whistle as usual.

I hope Límon do not get demoted. I'm still holding out that we can get a player on their books.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2020, 12:01:22 AM by asylumseeker »

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: February 06, 2020, 06:10:13 AM »
Order restored at least for now.  Saprissa are top the table and won a fixture that's been traditionally tough for them in recent years.  They beat Límon 1-0.  Maybe not the biggest surprise because Límon have been struggling, but regardless this is a match they normally get up for. Aubrey faced the opening whistle as usual.

I hope Límon do not get demoted. I'm still holding out that we can get a player on their books.
FB or CB
I pity the fool....

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: February 20, 2020, 01:38:58 PM »
Saprissa v Montreal Impact 2-2. Aubrey played 90'. His accompanying CB was less fortunate.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2020, 01:44:16 PM by asylumseeker »

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: February 22, 2020, 02:49:11 PM »
Saprissa v Montreal Impact 2-2. Aubrey played 90'. His accompanying CB was less fortunate.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/ciiTCw1oPHM" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/ciiTCw1oPHM</a>

Better highlights can be viewed here. Better because the development of the sequences of play are included.

On the first goal Aubrey was moving to assume a supporting position to assist his team/teammate in possession (Blanco), but David Guzman gifted the ball to the opponent. To be fair, Saprissa were not set-up well enough to help Guzmán although he should have done better.

Although Aubrey did well to recover and deny the initial shot on goal, his initial movement could reasonably be questioned (he preferred width to depth).

The second goal ... he gets the benefit of the doubt? Or not?
« Last Edit: February 22, 2020, 03:28:10 PM by asylumseeker »

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: February 23, 2020, 07:10:32 PM »
First goal the defender played a bad ball, that is always hard to recover from.
On the 2nd goal, if David was playing CB, where was the RB?
Anyway he got back but not in time to stop a shot, and it was a good one. It was near post so the goalie is expected to block it but the shot was hidden by David's body which made it difficult for the goalie.
I wouldn't blame David for anything there.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: February 23, 2020, 09:51:40 PM »
On the 2nd goal there was a critique of him allowing the defender too much space (by the Costa Rican TV commentator ), but in my view it's not a realistic critique based on his recovery run (and he had to hustle just to get into a possibly detaining position). Plus, the attacker on the ball is Rommel Quioto. Quito is rarely one to delay in pulling the trigger. Like you, I think Aubrey did near the best he could under the circumstances. There's no doubt that Quioto deliberately worked the angle and GK/defender positioning to get what he wanted.

The RB is Yostin Salinas. He's the player hustling to get back at the bottom of the screen in the "better video".

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: February 23, 2020, 10:00:34 PM »

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/ciiTCw1oPHM" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/ciiTCw1oPHM</a>

Better highlights can be viewed here. Better because the development of the sequences of play are included.

On the first goal Aubrey was moving to assume a supporting position to assist his team/teammate in possession (Blanco), but David Guzman gifted the ball to the opponent. To be fair, Saprissa were not set-up well enough to help Guzmán although he should have done better.

Although Aubrey did well to recover and deny the initial shot on goal, his initial movement could reasonably be questioned (he preferred width to depth).

The second goal ... he gets the benefit of the doubt? Or not?

Upon review I'm not sure if the player who made the pass to Guzmán is Blanco or Miller. Could be either. Not material to the overall point but merely stating for clarification.

I haven't watched the match but I've seen conflicting reports about whether they played 5 or 4 in the back. Both may have occurred at some point.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2020, 10:03:40 PM by asylumseeker »

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: February 24, 2020, 08:23:20 AM »
On the 2nd goal there was a critique of him allowing the defender too much space (by the Costa Rican TV commentator ), but in my view it's not a realistic critique based on his recovery run (and he had to hustle just to get into a possibly detaining position)

Yeah if he ran at more of a sprint to get into position, the extra momentum would be easy for the attacker to use against him. One shoulder dip would send David well wide of the ball. Which is exactly what I think David was thinking of. 
Happy Carnival Monday allyuh.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #195 on: February 26, 2020, 10:12:39 PM »
Another draw tonight - this one without goals. Montreal 0 Saprissa 0.

ADD: In other words Saprissa is eliminated.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2020, 11:02:10 AM by asylumseeker »

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: February 27, 2020, 06:56:59 PM »
Impact coach Henry credits stifling defence in ousting Saprissa
Pat Hickey, Montreal Gazette   

The Impact didn’t score any style points in their 0-0 draw against Deportivo Saprissa Wednesday, but an Olympic Stadium crowd of 20,512 went home happy because the stalemate moved the Impact into the quarter-finals of the CONCACAF Champions League.

The teams tied 2-2 in the opening leg of the competition last week and the Impact was able to advance on aggregate because it scored two away goals.

Saprissa coach Walter Centeno said he was surprised that the Impact didn’t play a more aggressive game and try to score but Thierry Henry, who enjoyed success in his first test as the Impact coach, said his team played the game it needed to win.

“That’s the story in football, you have to have the results all the time, no matter where you are,” said Henry. “(Saprissa) is a team that’s played 11 games in their league and we have only one. You have to fight with the weapons against the team you’re playing. This is a team that plays a certain way and you have to respect that.”

Saprissa controlled the ball for 70 per cent of the game, but the Impact made it difficult for them to get into the attacking zone.

“They finished better than we did when we played at their place because we didn’t defend that well, but today we did,” said Henry. “They bring the ball up the side and then cross in the middle and we had to deal with that, and we did.”

Saprissa had a better than 2-to-1 edge in possession in the first half, but each team only managed three shots and only one of Saprissa’s shots was on target.

The Impact might have had the best chance to score in the 44th minute, when Romell Quioto set up Jorge Corrales in the middle of the box, but the defender fired his shot directly at Saprissa goalkeeper Aaron Cruz.

Christian Bolanos did a good job controlling the play for the visitors and delivered a cross to Johan Venegas at the far post in the 14th minute. The former Impact striker got his head on the ball, but he directed it over the crossbar.

Saprissa held a 13-3 edge in shots, but only two were on target, giving Impact ‘keeper Clément Diop a relatively easy night. Saprissa’s last chance was in the 89th minute, when Diop made a diving save to punch away a drive by Mariano Torres.

Captain Jukka Raitala was injured and received treatment on the pitch early in the game. He continued playing, but was replaced at the half by Joel Waterman, an off-season pickup from the Calgary Cavalry.

Waterman received a yellow card in the 67th minute, which produced a free kick for Torres from 25 yards out. Bolanos broke out of the wall to get his head on the ball, but his shot went over the bar.

Tempers flared on occasion and two Saprissa players, David Guzman and Aubrey David, were handed yellow cards in the first half.

Next up for Montreal is a quarter-final matchup against the winner of the series between the Seattle Sounders and Honduran club Olimpia. The teams drew 2-2 in the first leg and the second leg will be played Friday in Seattle The first leg of the quarter-final will be played in Montreal on March 10, 11 or 12.

The Impact will be back at Olympic Stadium on Saturday to open the MLS season against the New England Revolution (3 p.m., TSN4, TVA Sports).

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: February 27, 2020, 07:22:24 PM »
On the 2nd goal there was a critique of him allowing the defender too much space (by the Costa Rican TV commentator ), but in my view it's not a realistic critique based on his recovery run (and he had to hustle just to get into a possibly detaining position). Plus, the attacker on the ball is Rommel Quioto. Quito is rarely one to delay in pulling the trigger. Like you, I think Aubrey did near the best he could under the circumstances. There's no doubt that Quioto deliberately worked the angle and GK/defender positioning to get what he wanted.

The RB is Yostin Salinas. He's the player hustling to get back at the bottom of the screen in the "better video".

Peong, you had inquired about the RB (Salinas). You may not be surprised to learn that he was restricted to the bench for the return leg. :)

For the 2nd leg Centeno opted to move Blanco (mentioned above) from the left flank to the RB role, return Guzman (who made the passing error in the first leg) to his role in the middle of the park as a DM and to partner Aubrey with Aguero (a somewhat traditional CB pairing with Aubrey).

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: February 27, 2020, 07:29:05 PM »
Where does he play for club CB, because he doesn't really do well at fullback for us defensively or offensively assuming he was encouraged to join d attack by DL, a good option to retire cyrus until better or younger and better can be done.

CB. He has played every minute so far this season in the league. However,  he has had the odd game in Costa Rica on the left flank.

In general, across seasons, his matches have a ratio of ~3:1 in terms of the number of matches played as a CB:LB in CRC.

Here's one of the matches he played at LB. It's the clásico against Alajuelense played on October 6, 2019. Unfortunately it's a loss for the Purple Monster.  :beermug:

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/Vnyt_LJMWO8" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/Vnyt_LJMWO8</a>

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: February 27, 2020, 07:36:38 PM »
Thanks for the David vid. I rarely get to see our boys playing club football these days.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/XfJajHliTA0" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/XfJajHliTA0</a>

Versus Herediano from January 26, 2020. It's Saprissa's only loss of the domestic season.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: February 27, 2020, 07:48:00 PM »
Talking about slow, did anyone see the Saprissa v Impact game last night ? Aubrey David game ? Thoughts ! I think pace is a deceptive  issue when a team is able to control properly , hold formation and make accurate passes. Opposing players closed down, no panic by offensive player, just a casual knock to the open offensive support. That's technical ability. What we have a talent, what we don't have is football technical ability. What that game lacked was creativity and offensive aggression. Yet one must consider Impact seemed to play for the tie, still their goalie had to make 2 crucial saves. That's his job and he did it well. What pace did Aubrey have to display ? None, imo. He ALWAYS had support.

Thierry Henry either before the 1st leg or just after it (I think before) had very good things to say about Aubrey's coach. He liked what he viewed as 'borrowings' from Pep in the team's identity and idea of how to build play. But, that's the fruit of a LOT of work on the training ground. Clubs have that time.

Of course, you are referring to a different "pace" than what lefty was referencing in the other thread ... nonetheless, the highlighted is generally irrefutable. The problem, however, in the experience of the NT is evidence of altering playing speed and rhythm to control matches. Holding formation and making accurate passes consistently across changes in rhythm is elusive at NT level.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2020, 07:50:17 PM by asylumseeker »

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: March 03, 2020, 02:03:40 AM »
Saprissa have opened a 5 point lead following a victory in an 8-goal affair played away versus mid-table San Carlos.

Somehow Saprissa's 4-0 lead morphed into a 5-3 result at the final whistle.

WATCH  Full match, San Carlos v Saprissa, matchday 12.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/YiFtJx6cTIA" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/YiFtJx6cTIA</a>

WATCH   Highlights, Saprissa v San Carlos.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/Kh_krm8FUCY" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/Kh_krm8FUCY</a>

« Last Edit: March 03, 2020, 02:05:46 AM by asylumseeker »

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: March 03, 2020, 02:44:24 PM »
Talking about slow, did anyone see the Saprissa v Impact game last night ? Aubrey David game ? Thoughts ! I think pace is a deceptive  issue when a team is able to control properly , hold formation and make accurate passes. Opposing players closed down, no panic by offensive player, just a casual knock to the open offensive support. That's technical ability. What we have a talent, what we don't have is football technical ability. What that game lacked was creativity and offensive aggression. Yet one must consider Impact seemed to play for the tie, still their goalie had to make 2 crucial saves. That's his job and he did it well. What pace did Aubrey have to display ? None, imo. He ALWAYS had support.

Thierry Henry either before the 1st leg or just after it (I think before) had very good things to say about Aubrey's coach. He liked what he viewed as 'borrowings' from Pep in the team's identity and idea of how to build play. But, that's the fruit of a LOT of work on the training ground. Clubs have that time.

Of course, you are referring to a different "pace" than what lefty was referencing in the other thread ... nonetheless, the highlighted is generally irrefutable. The problem, however, in the experience of the NT is evidence of altering playing speed and rhythm to control matches. Holding formation and making accurate passes consistently across changes in rhythm is elusive at NT level.
What are your thoughts of why this is so ? Given that most of the selects do play in leagues/teams where this is so predominant.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: March 06, 2020, 08:02:22 AM »

What are your thoughts of why this is so ? Given that most of the selects do play in leagues/teams where this is so predominant.

An easy go-to response would be to say it's because the teams don't have much time to work with during international match windows, but that's not the response I'm going to give you.

I don't think that it's a reality that impacts all teams evenly.  Certainly player quality is a factor for any team but the qualities/characteristics of players in certain positions and roles is influential. Who is in central midfield matters.  Who are his outlet players matters.  What they do with the ball matters.  To be able to adjust how the game ticks, these players must dictate play. They have to impose rather than merely respond. And dictating play is a function of a team's ambition in advanced areas of the pitch. On the first score, I would say Hyland is a player inclined to be imposing. But,  he's been placed into several scenarios where he has had to make sacrifices for the team.  Regardless,  all of our recent coaches have been faced with prioritizing the balance to be struck in midfield and that balance has tended to tip towards defensive balance rather than offensive balance. From there it's clear that this impacts ambitions in the final 1/3 and frequency of chances.

Other considerations: domestic training games and prep matches do not sufficiently present opponents playing at the heightened/variable tempo that would in turn cause the NT to be effectively challenged to trigger the necessary  changes in speed and rhythm that are triggered by opposition tactics. Generally these matches  in terms of offensive considerations are probing affairs ... looking for vertical seams,  nothing more, aside from his okay is built.

Offensively dictating requires possession and you know our history and challenges with maintaining possession. 
« Last Edit: March 06, 2020, 08:07:37 AM by asylumseeker »

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: March 06, 2020, 01:28:54 PM »

An easy go-to response would be to say it's because the teams don't have much time to work with during international match windows, but that's not the response I'm going to give you.

I don't think that it's a reality that impacts all teams evenly.    a. Certainly player quality is a factor for any team but the qualities/characteristics of players in certain positions and roles is influential. Who is in central midfield matters.  Who are his outlet players matters.  What they do with the ball matters.  To be able to adjust how the game ticks, these players must dictate play. They have to impose rather than merely respond. And dictating play is a function of a team's ambition in advanced areas of the pitch. On the first score, I would say Hyland is a player inclined to be imposing. But,  he's been placed into several scenarios where he has had to make sacrifices for the team.  Regardless,  all of our recent coaches have been faced with prioritizing the balance to be struck in midfield and that balance has tended to tip towards defensive balance rather than offensive balance. From there it's clear that this impacts ambitions in the final 1/3 and frequency of chances.

Other considerations:b. domestic training games and prep matches do not sufficiently present opponents playing at the heightened/variable tempo that would in turn cause the NT to be effectively challenged to trigger the necessary  changes in speed and rhythm that are triggered by opposition tactics. Generally these matches  in terms of offensive considerations are probing affairs ... looking for vertical seams,  nothing more, aside from his okay is built.

Offensively dictating requires possession and you know our history and challenges with maintaining possession. 

Appreciate your in depth analysis
Would you say
a. 1st Team Selections and Tactics.
b. How about maintaining a available local select pool of trialists (not necessarily always the exact selects. ~25 selects) to monthly attend weekend camps (with a small expense stipend - maybe sw.net can partially sponsor such.~$5 TT a mth/member), under the supervision of the NT coaches and bi-monthl(every 2 mths) test against the leading Pro-league team at the time. Open to public at a small cover charge

Am I off track here ?

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: March 07, 2020, 08:08:03 AM »
WATCH: Guadalupe v Saprissa,  full match.

Saprissa faced 8th placed Guadalupe mid-week (March 6, 2020). The match ended 2-1 in favour of Guadalupe who moved up the table to 5th place. Nevertheless, Saprissa remain top of the board with a 4 point lead. Saprissa's lone item was a consolation goal scored deep into stoppage (90'+4), while Guadalupe troubled the scorekeeper at 64' and 89'.

Aubrey played 90 minutes.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/XMAJOjfkmDs" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/XMAJOjfkmDs</a>

WATCH: Match Highlights
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/oWS9OTfjUGI" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/oWS9OTfjUGI</a>
« Last Edit: March 07, 2020, 08:18:35 AM by asylumseeker »

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: March 07, 2020, 09:17:24 AM »

I don't think that it's a reality that impacts all teams evenly.    a. Certainly player quality is a factor for any team but the qualities/characteristics of players in certain positions and roles is influential. Who is in central midfield matters.  Who are his outlet players matters.  What they do with the ball matters.  To be able to adjust how the game ticks, these players must dictate play. They have to impose rather than merely respond. And dictating play is a function of a team's ambition in advanced areas of the pitch. On the first score, I would say Hyland is a player inclined to be imposing. But,  he's been placed into several scenarios where he has had to make sacrifices for the team.  Regardless,  all of our recent coaches have been faced with prioritizing the balance to be struck in midfield and that balance has tended to tip towards defensive balance rather than offensive balance. From there it's clear that this impacts ambitions in the final 1/3 and frequency of chances.

Other considerations:b. domestic training games and prep matches do not sufficiently present opponents playing at the heightened/variable tempo that would in turn cause the NT to be effectively challenged to trigger the necessary  changes in speed and rhythm that are triggered by opposition tactics. Generally these matches  in terms of offensive considerations are probing affairs ... looking for vertical seams,  nothing more, aside from his okay is built.

Appreciate your in depth analysis
Would you say
a. 1st Team Selections and Tactics.
b. How about maintaining a available local select pool of trialists (not necessarily always the exact selects. ~25 selects) to monthly attend weekend camps (with a small expense stipend - maybe sw.net can partially sponsor such.~$5 TT a mth/member), under the supervision of the NT coaches and bi-monthl(every 2 mths) test against the leading Pro-league team at the time. Open to public at a small cover charge

Am I off track here ?

Regarding (b), as I understand it the structure put in place by Look Loy for the national age group teams is targeted to what you describe ... revenue streaming aside (as it should be excluded at age group level; I'm referring to the NT pool of players and then the possibility of reaching into the regional talent pools as well).

With harmonized training we should get harmonized outcomes. On this specific aspect of the game,  if we train it ... we'll get the benefit of players whose selection depends on if they are able to to influence games.

This is part of why the players in these pools should not merely be observed.  They should also have written evaluations that cover all aspects of the game. That's of benefit if there is change in staff, for monitoring progress over time objectively, for the benefit of a coach's own reflection and for meaningful reference in communicating with players  and their coaches outside of the NT/regional set-up what the player needs to improve. It's also useful for the TD and oversight.

In terms of the NT,  I wouldn't suggest the route of playing the best domestic team but of using a core of 40 odd players (seniors and U23s/20s and the odd precocious 17+ y/o), playing in-house consistently (under the NT umbrella against each other). That way you are training two teams simultaneously and preserving the integrity and consistency of the benchmarks for selection and learning. Everything depends on in-house control.  Playing the best club team contradicts my point, but moreso is less useful in our environment than it would be in another country.

I'm talking about two teams each with a mix of the best senior, U-23, U-20, and U-17 talent.  The compositions of the teams can move between each other to strike and find competitive balances or suit tactical objectives.

We often associate dictating matches with teams that understand their playing identity/DNA, have more or less perfected how they win matches and that consistently pose dangers to opponents even when they are under the scoreline.vBut there is a tendency to believe that dictating rhythm/speed is a natural by-product of good teams and quality players and that it isn't trained. As you know, not so.

A good team can knock a ball around and preserve possession but that possession can have no bearing on influencing playing rhythm or advancing offensive/defensive objectives if not purposeful.

Yuh know how practically anyone who learned the game in the past 50 years traditionally would have learned how his/her team was expected to play if they became a  player down (10 v11) or two down (9 v 11)? Why was that done?

Yet,  some coaches in the modern era don't do it because the other work they've inculcated covers the above situations without the need to be explicit. And if we think about it,  the 10 v 11 and 9 v 11 situations implicate considerations that come up in focusing exclusively on speed,  rhythm,  tempo and tactical recognition of what's actually happening on the pitch. 

A huge part of scouting/evaluation is the psychological profile of the player. People tend to understand fragile physiques but they underestimate fragile playing/player psychology and it's a key determinant in who gets brought from country to town to learn the game and sign on the dotted line. Some of these ppl make mistakes with overemphasising the relevance of physique and underappreciating the relevance of strength. Will leave it there.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2020, 09:28:14 AM by asylumseeker »

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: March 07, 2020, 02:55:25 PM »
  :cheers:  :chilling:

The financial incentive doh is really to offset expense as per transport (travel : Quitey-quite in both Trinidad and Tobago) as well as other maybe un-forseen sacrifices (eg loss of wages from job, regardless of football related or not; Encouraging proper Nutritional advice and incentives, etc ).

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: March 08, 2020, 09:43:42 AM »
  :cheers:  :chilling:

The financial incentive doh is really to offset expense as per transport (travel : Quitey-quite in both Trinidad and Tobago) as well as other maybe un-forseen sacrifices (eg loss of wages from job, regardless of football related or not; Encouraging proper Nutritional advice and incentives, etc ).

Understood.  Been thinking about this. I'm down for a subsidy that reaches its intended directly.

(By the way, Bayern is playing Augsburg now.  0-0 at the half.  Bayern has dominated possession, but not completely dictated play and Augsburg has more to show statistically from their mere 29% possession of the ball. Despite this, everything about Bayern's approach is clear. There are relevant passages of play that highlight what was discussed above.)

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: March 15, 2020, 01:51:19 PM »
Ball still rolling in Costa Rica despite COVID-19. Definitely subject to change doh. Aubrey's coach isn't down with the league continuing but he says he'll do what's expected of him until a different decision is made.

Saprissa 1 - Pérez Zeledón 1. Seven match days left.

Mexico just suspended LIgaMX within the last hour or so.  Costa Rica will eventually follow suit I suspect.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2020, 02:00:13 PM by asylumseeker »

1]; } ?>