March 28, 2024, 04:34:23 AM

Author Topic: A premature history of the second Cold War and Putin  (Read 56323 times)

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: A premature history of the second Cold War and Putin
« Reply #180 on: March 30, 2014, 12:17:44 AM »
... Wisely deploy de lil residue of sense yuh have nah.

yeah attentionseeker, ah will forego your brand of wisdom. evidence indicates it eh really working for you. but i appreciate the unusually direct riposte instead of your typical obliqueness. that is for you a step in the right direction.

You should happy be to receive ANY brand ah wisdom ...  :devil: it beats ... what did Bakes call it? ... oh yes, [yuh normal] pack ah ass!!!

For my part, I jes glad you know the word "riposte" ... the fact that you can spell it is an additional delight. Saves you from another direct one.  :rotfl:

Incidentally, yuh figure out the juxtaposition I assigned yuh last week? Or yuh want to sweep that under the carpet?

There's absolutely NO surprise as to the German "vote". Aside from that, hopefully you applied your selective discernment to recognize that no European nation voted otherwise (none abstained and none in the negative) ... what does that tell you? Moreover, look at the expected political composition of the "no vote" and reformulate your understanding of vote alignment in the international arena.

Save the cheap shots fuh when ah run is actually on, and yuh not stranded at the non-striker end.

attentionseeker yuh clearly do not understand how credibility work. you have no credibility. when you demonstrate a better grasp of the material i'll address your comments. until then i will not waste time on your deflection.

1. Try not to distort your record. Posting an article here and there is no indication you have a grasp of the issue. It merely represents that you recognize that the article concerns the issue.

2. Your actual comments present a superficial to incomplete understanding of the issue and a complete lack of understanding of nuance. (Here, I think you're doing yourself a disservice because you're likely more competent).

3. My position need not be popular to possess value. On the statement we are free to disagree. Ultimately, the subsequent historical record will comport with my expressed position. There is ample support semiotically, despite the semantic meandering.

4. Presenting an escapist response, as you have, does not give you the footing to speak on deflection (of which the cupboard is actually empty).

5. With respect to your distillation on credibility: there is indeed a valuable nugget here ... I shall apply it to suspend responding until you competently address the juxtaposition.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: March 30, 2014, 01:10:48 AM »
(Anyone recall a certain personality having been a KGB operative in Germany?)

Offline Toppa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: April 01, 2014, 10:41:38 AM »
Ukraine crisis: the border hunt for Vladimir Putin’s hidden army

As President Obama warns that Russian troops are 'massing along border', the Telegraph goes in search of Putin's invisible army

When the Moscow to Budapest express pulled into the border town of Suzemka in south-western Russia, passengers stepped into a pre-dawn fog thick enough to hide an army.

It might well have been. For somewhere on the landscape - behind that line of trees, or hidden by that rise - Western governments believe that Russia is gathering an army fully equipped to invade eastern Ukraine.

President Barack Obama gave a warning on Friday that Russian troops were “massing along that border”, adding: “It may simply be an effort to intimidate Ukraine - or it may be that they’ve got additional plans.”

The Americans have not named specific locations, but it appears that intelligence analysts have concluded that Russian forces are gathering the three elements needed for a sustained offensive - artillery, supplies and communications - under the cover of military exercises.

The most conservative American assessments, apparently based on satellite data, say that Russia has massed between 40,000 and 50,000 troops within striking distance of Ukraine, including those already in Crimea. That total has apparently risen from 30,000 only a week ago.

But the Russian invasion force - if it is here - is very well camouflaged. As the fog lifted, murky shapes were revealed as trees, houses and old Lada cars. No tanks emerged from the gloom, no suspicious flights of helicopters passed overhead, and no green painted trucks rumbled down the roads.

In a 200 mile trip along the border region, the only Russian armour on display in this flat landscape was of a much older vintage, and stood on plinths in town squares.

The war memorial T-34s, which won one of the biggest tank battles in history here in Kursk in 1943, do not look as if they are about to roll off their pedestals and head west into Ukraine.

Only President Vladimir Putin knows if the hidden army will get the order to march. If so, the outcome will be much bloodier than the almost entirely peaceful seizure of Crimea.

If that operation is a reliable template, any invasion would be aimed at seizing “friendly” portions of eastern Ukraine with high Russian or Russian-speaking populations. The goal would be to redraw the frontier, daring Ukraine’s new government - and the world - to do something about it.

Ukraine’s entire army totals only 65,000 troops, compared with almost 300,000 in Russia’s western and southern military districts alone. Nonetheless, Ukraine has deployed its own forces in the east and promised to resist any Russian attack.

Although Ukraine’s eastern regions of Kharkiv, Donetsk and Lugansk are strongly Russian-speaking, the 2001 census shows that Ukrainians still comprise the majority in all three areas. That would present Russia with the challenge of controlling a large territory with a potentially hostile population.

As in Crimea, an attack would probably begin with special forces and airborne troops seizing key points, including administrative buildings, airports and bridges. Unlike in Crimea, tanks and mechanised infantry would then sprint across the border to provide rapid reinforcement, under cover of air strikes and artillery bombardments.

Where these spearheads stop would depend on where Mr Putin chose to draw his new frontier. Likely targets include the cities of Kharkiv, Donetsk, and Lugansk - all places that have seen pro-Russian demonstrations, and all within striking distance of the border.

While a march on the capital, Kiev, seems unlikely, Russian forces based in the Rostov region may launch a blitzkrieg along Ukraine’s south coast to open a land corridor to Crimea.

In Kiev’s nightmare scenario, that offensive would roll onwards to seize Odessa and join Russian forces in the breakaway region of Transdniester, leaving Ukraine landlocked.

But the moment for action may not yet have arrived. The landscape here consists of vast fields, as flat as a billiard table, intersected by small rivers and served by poor roads.

It is almost perfect tank country, as local history testifies. But the rich earth may still be too boggy - and the rivers too high - to provide a decent surface for Russia’s heavy T-90 tanks.

Winter has been remarkably short and the ground could dry within days or weeks rather than months. But each lost day represents more time for Ukraine to prepare.

While the army is keeping well out of sight for now, local security services are on edge. In one sleepy border town, the local police and the FSB security service were sufficiently alarmed by the sight of strangers photographing a statue of Lenin to take them in for a two-hour interview.

“Nonsense,” said the friendly man from what police call “the other agency” when he learnt about the supposed military buildup. “It’s just after what happened in Ukraine people here are quite touchy about Lenin. They think someone might come across the border and pull him down.”

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/ukraine/10730661/Ukraine-crisis-the-border-hunt-for-Vladimir-Putins-hidden-army.html
www.westindiantube.com

Check it out - it real bad!

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: April 01, 2014, 12:50:17 PM »
It's funny that the Telegraph is claiming that there are no forces massing along the border when on CNN yesterday they showed the Ukrainians massing their own forces to repel the threat.  The Wall Street Journal (which never misses an opportunity to bash Obama) is also reporting that the Ukranians haved spotted troops

Ukrainian officials said as many as 20,000 Russian troops had apparently been moved back from the border in recent days, but that some 40,000 remained.

and that Putin is now saying that he'll withdraw troops from along the border with the Ukraine.  I guess he too fall for this imaginary massing of forces.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2014, 12:51:55 PM by Bakes »

Offline Tiresais

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: April 02, 2014, 10:43:19 AM »
Ukraine crisis: Viktor Yanukovych decries Crimea 'tragedy'
BBC News

Ukraine's deposed President Viktor Yanukovych says Russia's annexation of Crimea is "a tragedy" and he hopes it will become part of Ukraine again.

In an interview with the Associated Press and Russian channel NTV, he also said he gave no orders to open fire on protesters in the capital, Kiev.

Mr Yanukovych fled Kiev after protests in which more than 100 people died.

Meanwhile, a top Nato commander says Russian forces could seize swathes of Ukraine in three to five days.

Moscow is believed to have massed tens of thousands of troops on Ukraine's eastern border in recent days, causing alarm in Kiev and the West.

General Philip Breedlove, Nato's top commander in Europe, said all the elements were in place for a rapid advance, including armour, mechanised units, helicopters, fixed-wing aircraft and all the logistics needed to back them up.

Russia annexed Crimea in southern Ukraine last month following a controversial referendum branded illegal by Kiev and the West. The peninsula has a majority ethnic Russian population.

Moscow has insisted it has no intention of invading Ukraine.

'Protest vote'
Mr Yanukovych, now in Russia, said he would try to persuade Russian President Vladimir Putin to return Crimea to Ukraine.

"Crimea is a tragedy, a major tragedy," he said.

"We must set such a task and search for ways to return to Crimea on any conditions, so that Crimea may have the maximum degree of independence possible... but be part of Ukraine."

Mr Yanukovych said had he remained in power, he would have tried to prevent the referendum, calling it a "form of protest" against Ukraine's new pro-Western leaders.

Read More

Offline ribbit

• Hero Warrior
  • T & T We Want A Goal !
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: April 02, 2014, 12:11:03 PM »
... Wisely deploy de lil residue of sense yuh have nah.

yeah attentionseeker, ah will forego your brand of wisdom. evidence indicates it eh really working for you. but i appreciate the unusually direct riposte instead of your typical obliqueness. that is for you a step in the right direction.

You should happy be to receive ANY brand ah wisdom ...  :devil: it beats ... what did Bakes call it? ... oh yes, [yuh normal] pack ah ass!!!

For my part, I jes glad you know the word "riposte" ... the fact that you can spell it is an additional delight. Saves you from another direct one.  :rotfl:

Incidentally, yuh figure out the juxtaposition I assigned yuh last week? Or yuh want to sweep that under the carpet?

There's absolutely NO surprise as to the German "vote". Aside from that, hopefully you applied your selective discernment to recognize that no European nation voted otherwise (none abstained and none in the negative) ... what does that tell you? Moreover, look at the expected political composition of the "no vote" and reformulate your understanding of vote alignment in the international arena.

Save the cheap shots fuh when ah run is actually on, and yuh not stranded at the non-striker end.

attentionseeker yuh clearly do not understand how credibility work. you have no credibility. when you demonstrate a better grasp of the material i'll address your comments. until then i will not waste time on your deflection.

1. Try not to distort your record. Posting an article here and there is no indication you have a grasp of the issue. It merely represents that you recognize that the article concerns the issue.

2. Your actual comments present a superficial to incomplete understanding of the issue and a complete lack of understanding of nuance. (Here, I think you're doing yourself a disservice because you're likely more competent).

3. My position need not be popular to possess value. On the statement we are free to disagree. Ultimately, the subsequent historical record will comport with my expressed position. There is ample support semiotically, despite the semantic meandering.

4. Presenting an escapist response, as you have, does not give you the footing to speak on deflection (of which the cupboard is actually empty).

5. With respect to your distillation on credibility: there is indeed a valuable nugget here ... I shall apply it to suspend responding until you competently address the juxtaposition.

you see germany as an "ally" of russia. i've cited germany's very real alliances. you continue to duck these facts. i won't waste time on your flights of fancy.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: April 02, 2014, 02:18:53 PM »
I made a qualified comment ... and the only "fancy" thing here is your embroidered bullshit. Having contributed "Serbia" as a primary actor, you should go into hiding.

I encourage you to look at the issue vertically and horizontally. You were close to honing in on it in how you assessed French prerogatives.

Doh just respond because yuh figure this is a verbal battle.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2014, 02:27:38 PM by asylumseeker »

Offline Ramgoat

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: April 07, 2014, 05:15:05 PM »
 There is no question in my mind  now that Ukraine will be partitioned   a la Yugoslavia ,. The East and South Russian speaking areas will want nothing to do with the Neo fascist West Ukraine.

Offline Toppa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: April 10, 2014, 02:57:46 PM »
It's funny that the Telegraph is claiming that there are no forces massing along the border when on CNN yesterday they showed the Ukrainians massing their own forces to repel the threat.  The Wall Street Journal (which never misses an opportunity to bash Obama) is also reporting that the Ukranians haved spotted troops

Ukrainian officials said as many as 20,000 Russian troops had apparently been moved back from the border in recent days, but that some 40,000 remained.

and that Putin is now saying that he'll withdraw troops from along the border with the Ukraine.  I guess he too fall for this imaginary massing of forces.

Once again, no evidence of a Russian troop build-up. This time from a CNN reporter on a tour of the Russia-Ukraine border.

http://www.cnn.com/video/data/2.0/video/world/2014/04/09/russia-border-search-for-tanks-black-lok.cnn.html

And lol at "The West" posting satellite images of Fighter jets at an airbase (Oh, shocking!!) as evidence of a Russian build-up.  ::) Pathetic.

You can't move 40-50,000 troops with no-one noticing.
www.westindiantube.com

Offline Toppa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: April 12, 2014, 06:10:03 PM »
Update: Bacchanal in Eastern Ukraine - protesters taking over police buildings, etc. What good for the goose...
www.westindiantube.com

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: April 13, 2014, 02:02:47 PM »

Once again, no evidence of a Russian troop build-up. This time from a CNN reporter on a tour of the Russia-Ukraine border.

http://www.cnn.com/video/data/2.0/video/world/2014/04/09/russia-border-search-for-tanks-black-lok.cnn.html

And lol at "The West" posting satellite images of Fighter jets at an airbase (Oh, shocking!!) as evidence of a Russian build-up.  ::) Pathetic.

You conveniently overlook... or maybe you hope we'd overlook, Putin's own statements about the troops.  Here it is again for your benefit:

Putin is now saying that he'll withdraw troops from along the border with the Ukraine.

Supported by satellite imagery showing more than just fighter jets... and showing them not on military installations, but fields near the Ukrainian border. http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2602132/U-S-troops-sent-Eastern-Europe-NATO-countries-feeling-threatened-Russia-Ukraine-conflict.html

Of course it could all be an elaborate ruse by the evil West.  Ah find allyuh type should do like Snowden and defect to Russia, since they so good and the West so evil.

Offline Ramgoat

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: April 13, 2014, 02:46:52 PM »

You conveniently overlook... or maybe you hope we'd overlook, Putin's own statements about the troops.  Here it is again for your benefit:

Putin is now saying that he'll withdraw troops from along the border with the Ukraine.

Supported by satellite imagery showing more than just fighter jets... and showing them not on military installations, but fields near the Ukrainian border. http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2602132/U-S-troops-sent-Eastern-Europe-NATO-countries-feeling-threatened-Russia-Ukraine-conflict.html

Of course it could all be an elaborate ruse by the evil West.  Ah find allyuh type should do like Snowden and defect to Russia, since they so good and the West so evil.
Snowden  did the right thing in fleeing to Russia  . He could easily have ended up like Jullian Assange or Bradley Manning .

Offline Ramgoat

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: April 13, 2014, 03:05:36 PM »
 Today Obama issued  stern a warning to Putin regarding Russia's interference in Ukraine .
 I'M sure that Putin is quaking in his boots.
 When will Obama and the Americans learn  that you can sanction Iran , Sudan, Iraq and North K orea but you deal with Russia  . Contrary to the narrative Russia is a military Superpower in addition to being an energy superpower .

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: April 13, 2014, 05:32:39 PM »
Today Obama issued  stern a warning to Putin regarding Russia's interference in Ukraine .
 When will Obama and the Americans learn  that you can sanction Iran , Sudan, Iraq and North K orea but you deal with Russia  . Contrary to the narrative Russia is a military Superpower in addition to being an energy superpower .

The Russian leader now views America as a nation led by a Gay President so he no longer takes anything that Obama says seriously.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2014, 05:35:25 PM by Socapro »
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline ribbit

• Hero Warrior
  • T & T We Want A Goal !
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: April 13, 2014, 09:56:54 PM »

Yuh have a link for this? Man does rate Obama's oratorical skills but I haven't seen him convincingly issue a warning. His speech-making is very good when the tone requires eloquence, inspiration, etc. But he cannot put the professor-tone away when it comes to dealing with assad or putin. Really would be better if he had more range. I mean, putin have more range oratorically than obama.

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #195 on: April 13, 2014, 10:38:50 PM »

Yuh have a link for this? Man does rate Obama's oratorical skills but I haven't seen him convincingly issue a warning. His speech-making is very good when the tone requires eloquence, inspiration, etc. But he cannot put the professor-tone away when it comes to dealing with assad or putin. Really would be better if he had more range. I mean, putin have more range oratorically than obama.

Because his tone will scare the teenage leaders of foreign countries into doing the US bidding.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Toppa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: April 14, 2014, 12:30:12 AM »

Snowden  did the right thing in fleeing to Russia  . He could easily have ended up like Jullian Assange or Bradley Manning .

I am not overlooking Putin's statement...there's is still no credible evidence that Russia has amassed 40,000 troops on their border with Ukraine. And I don't need to 'defect' to any country to point out hypocrisy and lies.
www.westindiantube.com

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: April 14, 2014, 03:20:41 AM »

Because you're able to discern the virtues of Putin's Russian? Or, would that be his German or English?

Offline kounty

• Hero Warrior
  • Truthfulness is brighter than the light of the sun
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: April 14, 2014, 08:09:15 AM »
you studyin that dude? the us go'vt paying he to come on this board & type sh!t 24/7

Offline kounty

• Hero Warrior
  • Truthfulness is brighter than the light of the sun
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: April 14, 2014, 08:21:31 AM »

I am not overlooking Putin's statement...there's is still no credible evidence that Russia has amassed 40,000 troops on their border with Ukraine. And I don't need to 'defect' to any country to point out hypocrisy and lies.
since you such a good sleuth, how bout you find the reason that a 16 yr old and a couple teenage boys deserved a drone strike in Yemen. and comment on the justice of executions without trials (your forte). instead of this trivial bullshit you lookin up. how many shots fired in crimea? why you don't turn your focus on the 'rebels' you supporting in Syria. what mass mountains of refugees you pile up in Lebanon that have no resources for their own people. 'support' my ass. how many Syrians that you support could claim refugee status in your helping homeland? a million? how many Iraqi and afghan 'friends'? who you all really care bout?

Offline ribbit

• Hero Warrior
  • T & T We Want A Goal !
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: April 14, 2014, 09:45:14 AM »

Because you're able to discern the virtues of Putin's Russian? Or, would that be his German or English?

start with the word "range" and see if you can figure out what going on. there's enough hints in the text already.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: April 14, 2014, 10:33:22 AM »

Your words:

Again, no evidence of a Russian troop build up

"No evidence" you said... despite Putin's own words suggesting that a build-up of some sort was underway.  Yet you speciously claim that you did not overlook his words.  Or are you saying that Putin's own words is not evidence?  Getting harder to untangle yourself from the twisted logic, no?  Where is the hypocrisy in the claim that up to 40,000 Russian troops are massing on the Ukrainian border?  Or is this more creative reasoning on your part?

I does get a real kick out ah allyuh critics of the US yes.  This next dunce bawl Putin's oratorical range greater than Obama's.  You kinda have to understand his speeches in the native tongue in order to make that statement... otherwise you reveal yourself to be talking for the sake of.  Not that that would be so surprising.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: April 14, 2014, 10:35:59 AM »
since you such a good sleuth, how bout you find the reason that a 16 yr old and a couple teenage boys deserved a drone strike in Yemen. and comment on the justice of executions without trials (your forte). instead of this trivial bullshit you lookin up. how many shots fired in crimea? why you don't turn your focus on the 'rebels' you supporting in Syria. what mass mountains of refugees you pile up in Lebanon that have no resources for their own people. 'support' my ass. how many Syrians that you support could claim refugee status in your helping homeland? a million? how many Iraqi and afghan 'friends'? who you all really care bout?

You are an emotional cunnyhole, I suggest you go pop two Midols and come back when yuh off yuh period.  At least then yuh might be able to figure out proper use of the quote feature... and how to stay on topic.

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: April 14, 2014, 11:20:02 AM »
Do not rust CNN as a source.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline ribbit

• Hero Warrior
  • T & T We Want A Goal !
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: April 14, 2014, 11:25:15 AM »
you studyin that dude? the us go'vt paying he to come on this board & type sh!t 24/7

he harmless. he just idle. real idle. de amount of time he spend here tell yuh how serious he wuk does be. is pathetic really.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: April 14, 2014, 11:30:50 AM »

he harmless. he just idle. real idle. de amount of time he spend here tell yuh how serious he wuk does be. is pathetic really.

Well either you on holiday or yuh idle too... doh vex because yuh not smart enough to control who yuh work for.  Now hurry back to de plantation.

Offline Toppa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: April 14, 2014, 03:19:57 PM »

Your words:

Again, no evidence of a Russian troop build up

"No evidence" you said... despite Putin's own words suggesting that a build-up of some sort was underway.  Yet you speciously claim that you did not overlook his words.  Or are you saying that Putin's own words is not evidence?  Getting harder to untangle yourself from the twisted logic, no?  Where is the hypocrisy in the claim that up to 40,000 Russian troops are massing on the Ukrainian border?  Or is this more creative reasoning on your part?

This is your proof that there at 40-50,000 troops on the border with Ukraine according to NATO?

(CNN) -- Potentially easing a diplomatic standoff with the West, Russian President Vladimir Putin told Germany Chancellor Angela Merkel on Monday that he'd ordered a partial withdrawal of Russian troops from his country's border area with Ukraine, Merkel's office said.
Putin made the comment to Merkel in a phone call about Ukraine, her office said. The Kremlin made no mention of a withdrawal in its description of the call but said the two leaders discussed Ukraine, including "possibilities for international assistance to restore stability."
Further details about Putin's reported order weren't immediately available. But a withdrawal may ease tensions simmering since Russia annexed Ukraine's Black Sea peninsula of Crimea this month -- a move that has led to the worst East-West relations since the Cold War.
Earlier Monday, Russian media reported that one Russian infantry battalion was being moved from the border area to its base deeper into Russia.

Please.

And you know what I'm referring to when I talk of the lies and hypocrisy of the White House - the litany of lies, deception and double-standards that people can now see through.
www.westindiantube.com

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: April 14, 2014, 03:30:44 PM »
This is your proof that there at 40-50,000 troops on the border with Ukraine according to NATO?

(CNN) -- Potentially easing a diplomatic standoff with the West, Russian President Vladimir Putin told Germany Chancellor Angela Merkel on Monday that he'd ordered a partial withdrawal of Russian troops from his country's border area with Ukraine, Merkel's office said.
Putin made the comment to Merkel in a phone call about Ukraine, her office said. The Kremlin made no mention of a withdrawal in its description of the call but said the two leaders discussed Ukraine, including "possibilities for international assistance to restore stability."
Further details about Putin's reported order weren't immediately available. But a withdrawal may ease tensions simmering since Russia annexed Ukraine's Black Sea peninsula of Crimea this month -- a move that has led to the worst East-West relations since the Cold War.
Earlier Monday, Russian media reported that one Russian infantry battalion was being moved from the border area to its base deeper into Russia.

Please.

And you know what I'm referring to when I talk of the lies and hypocrisy of the White House - the litany of lies, deception and double-standards that people can now see through.

I never made any assertion as to how many troops there were or weren't.   There are enough credible sources about a Russian troop build up on the Ukrainian border, seems the only issue is how many.  You are the one who put your neck on the line and said that there is "no evidence" of ANY troop build up, in stark contradiction of Putin's own assertion.  Now yuh not even honest enough to admit that yuh was wrong.

Offline Toppa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: April 14, 2014, 04:28:21 PM »

Please.

I never made any assertion as to how many troops there were or weren't.   There are enough credible sources about a Russian troop build up on the Ukrainian border, seems the only issue is how many.  You are the one who put your neck on the line and said that there is "no evidence" of ANY troop build up, in stark contradiction of Putin's own assertion.  Now yuh not even honest enough to admit that yuh was wrong.

Putin's own assertion? They are claiming that that's what he said in a phone call to Merkel. Really compelling bit of evidence there.

One, that doesn't prove he indeed said that, and if the statement is true, it still doesn't prove that there was a "build-up". What if the troops had always been there (like the troops in Crimea)? Or like those jets in the airbase that NATO is claiming is evidence of a build-up.
www.westindiantube.com

Offline Ramgoat

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: April 14, 2014, 05:44:17 PM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IV4IjHz2yIo

1]; } ?>