March 28, 2024, 09:42:36 AM

Author Topic: A premature history of the second Cold War and Putin  (Read 56332 times)

Offline Tiresais

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: A premature history of the second Cold War and Putin
« Reply #361 on: May 19, 2014, 02:06:28 AM »
Stalin was leading the Soviet Union and not Russia
 Russia did not annex  Crimea , they retook property that  was stolen from them

Who stole it? How is this not an annexation?
Khrushchev in 1954 with  a stroke of a pen ceded Crimea to Ukraine .
The residents of Crimea was never consulted .  This  historical wrong was  corrected by Putin with a referendum and  without a single  shot being fired .
 It so happened that Khrushchev was an ethnic Ukranian

Putin conducted a referendum with troops on the ground and minorities boycotting the vote - do you think it was a fair election? How can you tell what teh will of the Crimean people is while they were an occupied nation? Whether with pen or sword it's still an annexation.
The Russians were allowed up to 25,000 on Crimea to protect the Russian black fleet  in Sevastopol and it is not like they moved troops from the mainland
  I will not shed a tear  for the Crimean Tatars because they were complicit in Genocide against the Russians through  out history .
 They helped the  Mongols ,  the Ottoman Turks  , Hitler    and now they are helping NATO all against the Russians

So the children deserve this? You believe sons should be punished for the sins of the father? Should I be punished for how my forefathers acted? Where does this culpability end exactly? Moreover, they are still Crimeans, are they worth less than others living in Crimea? Were these troops used in accordance with their treaty, or did they violate the treaty and their word?
If the children are acting like their fathers, then yes.
 The Russians actions    in Crimea were dictated by events in  Kiev.

So children, literal children, deserve this treatment? Ramgoat your morality is all out of kilter.

Offline Tiresais

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: May 19, 2014, 02:08:30 AM »
Stalin was leading the Soviet Union and not Russia
 Russia did not annex  Crimea , they retook property that  was stolen from them

Who stole it? How is this not an annexation?
Khrushchev in 1954 with  a stroke of a pen ceded Crimea to Ukraine .
The residents of Crimea was never consulted .  This  historical wrong was  corrected by Putin with a referendum and  without a single  shot being fired .
 It so happened that Khrushchev was an ethnic Ukranian

Putin conducted a referendum with troops on the ground and minorities boycotting the vote - do you think it was a fair election? How can you tell what teh will of the Crimean people is while they were an occupied nation? Whether with pen or sword it's still an annexation.

Uh huh, and now the West are pushing for an election in Ukraine with Kiev government carrying out an assault on the Eastern Ukraine and unarmed civilians being killed. They want an election in Ukraine but not one in Syria. I wonder why. Oh and I read that UN report - my heart bleeds.

Probably because in Syria Assad jet-bombed his won people, used chemical weapons, and ordered directly the shelling and murder of his own citizens. In contrast, Eastern Ukrainian deaths have been condemned by Kiev and are the result of police forces, not the army.

Toppa you need to take those Putin-tinted glasses off

Offline Toppa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: May 19, 2014, 09:17:29 AM »
Blah , blah, blah. Now let's hear you justify the US openly and blatantly arming and supporting the Syrian Islamist rebels. You are naive beyond words. It is stunning. Are you autistic or something?
www.westindiantube.com

Check it out - it real bad!

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: May 19, 2014, 09:33:53 AM »
(Careful Toppa, you are at risk of offending eggshell-thin sensibilities).
« Last Edit: May 19, 2014, 11:27:13 AM by asylumseeker »

Offline Tiresais

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: May 19, 2014, 11:49:34 AM »
Blah , blah, blah. Now let's hear you justify the US openly and blatantly arming and supporting the Syrian Islamist rebels. You are naive beyond words. It is stunning. Are you autistic or something?

Toppa, I respond to your comment and you completely ignore me, then assume my position (which is wrong - I don't agree with arming the rebels), then insult me based on positions I don't hold. Tell me what should we interpret from that? You're hardly giving a good account of yourself.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2014, 11:54:05 AM by Tiresais »

Offline Toppa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: May 19, 2014, 06:44:24 PM »
“Only One Tiger on the Mountain"
Why NATO Has Not Permitted Russia to Join

http://www.counterpunch.org/2014/05/19/why-nato-has-not-permitted-russia-to-join/
www.westindiantube.com

Offline Tiresais

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: May 20, 2014, 12:56:49 PM »
Yet more poorly-written pro-Russian rubbish. Toppa broaden your mind.

Offline Toppa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: May 21, 2014, 01:50:19 PM »
Russia signs 30-year deal worth $400bn to deliver gas to China
www.westindiantube.com

Offline Toppa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: May 22, 2014, 12:59:19 AM »
Oh, and the deal will apparently be in their local currencies, not the US dollar.
www.westindiantube.com

Offline Toppa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: May 22, 2014, 12:14:34 PM »
PUNISHERS KOLOMOYSKOGO IN LUHANSK ATTACKED SOLDIERS WHO DO NOT WANT TO KILL CIVILIANS: VIEWS

15 soldiers killed and 35 wounded in a punitive operation militants arrived in the Ukrainian village Blagodatnoye machines "Privat"

http://www.iarex.ru/interviews/48024.html

You'll have to translate the page.

And from the BBC:

A dawn attack on a checkpoint in eastern Ukraine has left at least 14 soldiers dead, in the worst loss of life for government forces to date.

Heavily armed militants attacked the checkpoint in the Volnovakha area, in one of four attacks reported overnight in eastern Ukraine.

It is unclear who attacked the checkpoint, with one Ukrainian officer telling the BBC it was not separatists.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-27515514
« Last Edit: May 22, 2014, 12:28:51 PM by Toppa »
www.westindiantube.com

Offline Toppa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: June 05, 2014, 12:26:07 AM »
Putin interview with French media.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/9gvbS09gN80" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/9gvbS09gN80</a>
www.westindiantube.com

Offline Toppa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: June 20, 2014, 07:49:23 PM »
The UN says at least 356 people, including 257 civilians, have been killed since 7 May in eastern Ukraine.

Mmm yeah, that tends to happen when a country (Ukraine - with the backing of the US) continues to bomb and shell what's supposedly their own people.
www.westindiantube.com

Offline Toppa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: October 24, 2014, 10:05:15 PM »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/9F9pQcqPdKo" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/9F9pQcqPdKo</a>
www.westindiantube.com

Offline Ramgoat

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: October 24, 2014, 10:39:26 PM »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/9F9pQcqPdKo" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/9F9pQcqPdKo</a>
The West will learn , is learning that you don't  f**k with Russia and Putin . Bad ass mother f**ker .
His Approval rating in Russia 80%

1]; } ?>