March 29, 2024, 08:56:09 AM

Author Topic: Congratulation Ramdin.  (Read 3401 times)

Offline che

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Congratulation Ramdin.
« on: March 05, 2014, 03:46:27 PM »
Ramdin becomes the first West Indian wicket keeper to score 100 runs in an ODI.  :applause: :applause: :applause:

England beat the West Indies by 25 runs to win the series 2-1.

socafighter

Re: Congratulation Ramdin.
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2014, 08:19:27 PM »

Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Denesh Ramdin audio | England win 3rd ODI and Series

ST JOHN’S, Antigua – Denesh Ramdin hit a magnificent 128 off 109 balls to register his maiden century in One-Day Internationals on Wednesday. The Windies keeper struck 12 fours and five sixes in a record-breaking innings against England at the Sir Vivian Richards Cricket Ground.

He reached the landmark with a huge six and became the first West Indian keeper to make an ODI century. He now holds the records for the highest ODI score and highest Test score (166 vs England in at Kensington Oval in 2009) by a West Indian wicket-keeper.

Ramdin’s effort was however not enough to see West Indies to victory. They were bowled out for 278 off 47.4 overs in reply to England’s 303-6 off 50 overs. England therefore won the three-match series 2-1.

After the match Ramdin spoke to the media.

SOUNDCLOUD

URL: https://soundcloud.com/windiescricket
Filename: WICB Media 2014-03-05 WIvENG Denesh Ramdin.MP3
Duration: 2 mins, 50 secs

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2014, 04:18:27 AM »
Talk nah haters! Hehe
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline ProudTrinbagonian

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2014, 07:58:52 AM »
:applause:

Good job Ramdin. 
whey boy!

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2014, 09:33:14 AM »
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2014, 09:44:20 AM »
 :beermug: :beermug:
Education is our passport for the future for the future belongs to those who prepare for it today

Offline che

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2014, 11:22:34 AM »
Talk nah haters! Hehe

Bro. The haters on CC still finding things to say.  :bs:

socafighter

« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2014, 01:19:44 PM »
Murray hails maturing Ramdin
By STEPHON NICHOLAS Friday, March 7 2014
newsday

FORMER West Indies wicketkeeper, Deryck Murray, believes current WI keeper Denesh Ramdin is now channelling criticism positively and maturing into the player everyone expected him to be.

Ramdin, 28-years-old, became the first wicketkeeper from the Windies to score a hundred in a One-Day International on Wednesday when he struck a magnificent 128 that almost single-handedly propelled the regional team to victory against England.

His knock was not enough, though, as he was last man out with the regional side still 25 runs short of the victory target. England won the series 2-1.

“This is what was lacking previously,” said Murray, now president of Queen’s Park Cricket Club, “it (criticism) seemed to have had an adverse effect on him but he seems to be channelling it in the right direction now. Now he needs to take on the role of inspiring those around him and not let talk about selection and such get to him,” he continued.

Commenting on the knock which saw the right-hander smash 12 fours and five sixes, Murray described it as a tremendous achievement.

“I must congratulate him, it’s a pity he wasn’t able to inspire one other person to score a half-century or even a 40. He needs to maintain that consistency because his wicketkeeping has always been very good. Beyond question he is the number one wicketkeeper but he’s now proving his capability with the bat too,” he pointed out.

Ramdin has been enjoying a phenomenal time with the bat in the past two years with a century (107 not out) coming against England in June 2012 that invoked the famous “Yeah Viv Talk Nah” message to Sir Vivian Richards. He reached triple figures yet again in the away series against Bangladesh in 2012 (126 not out) and versus New Zealand (107) in 2013. Ramdin topped the batting averages (74.00) in the 2013 home Test series against Zimbabwe and had the second best average in the dismal tour of India later that year with 35.00.

“At times a few years ago it (criticism) may have been fair with some sporadic performances but in the last couple years he has shown the maturity needed in a leadership role. He must focus more on enjoying his game. He has been groomed (for captaincy) and has the leadership potential. Whether or not the selectors pick him as captain or vice- captain, as long as he is doing the job for the team, that’s important. He has always shown that he is willing to put the interest of the team before his own,” Murray concluded.

Offline jeenyus

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2014, 02:18:01 PM »
what is cc?
combined campuses?
Talk nah haters! Hehe

Bro. The haters on CC still finding things to say.  :bs:

Offline Ramgoat

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 08, 2014, 10:25:36 PM »
 Ramdin is one if the best  glove man in world cricket and his improve batting  if he keeps this up will make him one of the greats ever
 I do have news for him however and that is that he must not sit on his laurels as his position is tenuous at best  , Otis Gibson is anti Indian and the proof is easy to see for one has to only look AT Chanderpaul , Barrat ,Bishoo and Sarwan.. 

socafighter

« Reply #10 on: March 08, 2014, 10:49:02 PM »
Otis Gibson is anti Indian and the proof is easy to see for one has to only look AT Chanderpaul , Barrat ,Bishoo and Sarwan..

Ramgoat

You make general statements without proof . Can you show me proof of Gibson being anti Indian ,
lets look at how many Indians are on the team , how can he be ?

Rampaul , Narine , Ramdin , Permaul ,Deonarine ,etc , I guess they are not Indians .huh

Offline Ramgoat

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 08, 2014, 11:17:06 PM »
Otis Gibson is anti Indian and the proof is easy to see for one has to only look AT Chanderpaul , Barrat ,Bishoo and Sarwan..

Ramgoat

You make general statements without proof . Can you show me proof of Gibson being anti Indian ,

Rampaul , Narine , Ramdin , Permaul ,Deonarine ,etc , I guess they are not Indians .huh
Proof ? why de f**k Shiv is not on the west indies ODI team  when he has the highest    batting average in that format . Sarwan is right up there too but somehow the racist bastards in control would not allow them on the team

socafighter

« Reply #12 on: March 08, 2014, 11:22:35 PM »

Ramgoat

Proof ? why de f**k Shiv is not on the west indies ODI team  when he has the highest    batting average in that format . Sarwan is right up there too but somehow the racist bastards in control would not allow them on the team

Why don't you start your own thread how Indians have been victims of racism , then show the proof ,
until then stop spoiling other individual threads about your perceived racism.
This thread is about Congratulations to Ramdin.

Tallman , one of the moderators asked you to start your own threads , didn't he not ? sigh

Offline Ramgoat

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 08, 2014, 11:35:59 PM »

Ramgoat

Why don't you start your own thread how Indians have been victims of racism , then show the proof ,

Tallman , one of the moderators asked you to start your own threads , didn't he not ? sigh
How am I spoiling this thread when I acknowledge that Ramdin is in my book one of the greats . ?

socafighter

« Reply #14 on: March 08, 2014, 11:41:28 PM »

Ramgoat

How am I spoiling this thread when I acknowledge that Ramdin is in my book one of the greats . ?

Please if I have to explain why , its beyond you .
I will no longer engage you in any conversation on any thread .

toodles.

Offline Ramgoat

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 09, 2014, 12:05:15 AM »
[quote   
Please if I have to explain why , its beyond you .
I will no longer engage you in any conversation on any thread .

toodles.
[/quote] Are you thin skinned  and cannot handle an opposite point of views?
 Discussions on forums like these diverges on different tangents but they always comes back to the original premise where in this case is in praising Ramdin.
 I made some comments which  are still prescient  re anti indian sentiments  to this thread and so what is your problem ?

socafighter

« Reply #16 on: March 09, 2014, 12:30:19 AM »

I don't like racists sentiments without proof , your diatribe seems to focus on such .

You seem to have such a chip on your shoulder .

Offline Ramgoat

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 11, 2014, 12:04:22 AM »

I don't like racists sentiments without proof , your diatribe seems to focus on such .

No I  have a log on my shoulder
 What other proof do you require than the fact that Shiv and Sarwan has the highest average in ODI but still they are not on the West Indies ODI team .'
 The  only explanation has to be    something to do with ethnicity

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 11, 2014, 02:49:51 AM »

What other proof do you require than the fact that Shiv and Sarwan has the highest average in ODI but still they are not on the West Indies ODI team .'

How many "explanations" did you dismiss before coming to this conclusion?

socafighter

« Reply #19 on: March 11, 2014, 09:57:17 AM »
Sarwan was given a few opportunities and failed ...mentally weak .

Shiv game is poke and block not suited to T20 and ODI's , he has even admitted that he is
a poke and block player . West Indies should be grooming a young player to take his place.

Now where is ethnicity involved ?.

Badree wasn't picked for the recent ODI against England and it showed that he would have
been valuable, was his non selection based on ethnicity also ?, or stupidity by the selectors ?

I have found individuals who carry such loads on their shoulders, they are so focused on the load,
its hinders growth , often leading them not to see the other side . Its my reason for not engaging
in such sentiments.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2014, 10:32:32 AM by socafighter »

Offline Ramgoat

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 12, 2014, 01:37:42 AM »

How many "explanations" did you dismiss before coming to this conclusion?
  I have indeed looked for alternative explanations and I came up with a blank

Offline jusbless

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 12, 2014, 08:20:10 AM »
Ok I normally dont respond to racist statement but just for the sake of clarity lets begin. The percieved that the selection is based on some kind of race gender something has to be seriously screwed in your brains or you have been brainwashed to have a racist point of view . Congratulations to ramdhin who is of late starting to show his true potential and now deserves to be picked on the west indies team. But in the past has failed countless times when was given the opportunity as some people say maybe he should always bat with VIV note in his pocket. Barath , are you kidding me right now barath dont even deserve to be on the T&T team , Check out barath's recent stats for the last two years and how u think he should be chosen would bewildered anyone. Sarwan I must say my favorite cricketer had a falling out with the Coach , he was on fire in his English county but has failed miserably of late to West indies , In his last ten one days he has failed miserably. Now as with chanderpaul this is a touchy subject probably the second best to Lara but his inability to go after team goals and focus on indivdual milestones does not go well in having a succesful team. In Test matches it is ok as he can bats however he sees fit and pad his averages . Chanderpaul refuse to shepherd less experience batsman taking run off first ball and leaving the tail exposed. Do u really want that happening in a One day team, Their is a reason why Chanderpaul is not picked up by any T20 franchise is because he plays for himself. I dont see you clamouring for Evin Lewis ,or Kevon Cooper whose stats have been more impressive than sarwan. Coming back to ramdin how many trinis wanted to replace him with pooran before ramdin started to show up this year. Why because they were racist or is it because we want performance.

Offline jusbless

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 12, 2014, 08:25:42 AM »
Ramgoat by the way an Indian is a person who was born in India , As far as I check ramdin and barath was born in Trinidad which make them Trinidadian. This Indian and African talk always upset me because in the end we look at that over our patriotic duty as a trinidadian. Does having all these different events and organisations for people of Indian origin or people of African origin brings us together or does it form a bigger divide. It is an unconcious Segregation.

Offline Ramgoat

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 13, 2014, 11:26:59 PM »
 Seems to be a misconception , I am not of Indian heritage

Offline ProudTrinbagonian

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 14, 2014, 10:01:55 AM »
Ramgoat by the way an Indian is a person who was born in India , As far as I check ramdin and barath was born in Trinidad which make them Trinidadian. This Indian and African talk always upset me because in the end we look at that over our patriotic duty as a trinidadian. Does having all these different events and organisations for people of Indian origin or people of African origin brings us together or does it form a bigger divide. It is an unconcious Segregation.

:beermug: :beermug: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause:

I never met an Indian or an African that took a Trinbagonian as Indian or African.
Furthermore, no disrespect to either but being a Trinbagonian is better and sweeter!
whey boy!

1]; } ?>