April 25, 2024, 02:44:39 PM

Author Topic: Hosein  (Read 2023 times)

Offline Quags

• use to b compre . Founder of the militant wing of the Soca Warriors
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Hosein
« on: March 08, 2014, 09:41:32 AM »
Looks like TnT might have , a new star here.Early days tho lol first   few overs but 2 wickets.

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Hosein
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2014, 08:34:21 AM »
he take 6 in 1st innings, spinner?
Education is our passport for the future for the future belongs to those who prepare for it today

Offline Quags

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2014, 11:54:05 AM »
Yes Akeal Hosein ,leg arm orthodox spinner

Lets see if meh youth could duplicate what he did yesterday they did not have an answer.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2014, 11:59:21 AM by Qmire »

Offline Quags

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2014, 01:06:37 PM »
Wicket !!

Offline Quags

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2014, 01:28:23 PM »
2 more wickets here

Offline Quags

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2014, 01:42:30 PM »
Wicket !!

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2014, 03:03:12 PM »
How much he geh in de 2nd innings?  10 for?
Education is our passport for the future for the future belongs to those who prepare for it today

Offline Quags

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2014, 03:10:48 PM »
10 for 119 .
And hes  a batsman also apparently .

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2014, 03:19:13 PM »
Nice Hosein!!  :beermug:

Offline Quags

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 09, 2014, 03:23:28 PM »
Imagine he pans out ? We would become unstoppable ....but its just one game dont want to get carried away .but am thinking another narine.

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.caribsport01.homestead.com/caribsport.html
« Reply #10 on: March 09, 2014, 03:59:15 PM »
Imagine he only took one wkt in his first two matches. ;-) ;D
VITAMIN V...KEEPS THE LADIES HEALTHY...:-)

Offline Quags

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 09, 2014, 04:04:07 PM »
Then we would not even be having a Hosein tread lol.

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 09, 2014, 05:40:54 PM »
Then we would not even be having a Hosein tread lol.

:rotfl:

socafighter

« Reply #13 on: March 09, 2014, 07:22:13 PM »

Great another Diamond in the rough , work hard at your game young man. :applause: :applause:

Offline Quags

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 10, 2014, 05:05:50 AM »
Sorry his figures for the game was actually 11 for 67.

socafighter

« Reply #15 on: March 10, 2014, 09:14:26 PM »

Bajans elated over Hosein’s success
Published: Guardian
Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Left arm orthodox spinner Akeal Hosein who grabbed eleven wickets in T&T’s opening win of the 2014 Regional First Class series against the Windwards Islands, has come in for praise from Barbadian cricket officials.

Hosein playing at his ground, the Queen’s Park Oval in Port-of-Spain grabbed six wickets in the first innings and followed with five in the second, as the home team won by 186 runs.

Leading the praises for Hosein was former corporate secretary of the West Indies Cricket Board (WICB), Andrew Sealy. Hosein plays for Sealy’s club Spartan in the Barbadian domestic cricket league.

According to Sealy: “I am very happy for the young man. He plays for my club in Barbados and has been outstanding. I must say that I always saw the potential in him but to get eleven wickets in the one match, even I am surprised. He however, has a very bright future ahead of him because he is a talented boy. Once his talent is harnessed properly he will make it.”

Barbadian journalist and statistician Keith Holder said he expected Hosein to get many wickets because he is prolific.

“He got 37 wickets in five matches in the leagues here, so this tells me that the man is a wicket-taker. I am very happy for him and the exposure he would have gotten playing in Barbados would have also assisted him in his development.”

socafighter

« Reply #16 on: March 11, 2014, 10:50:44 PM »
Good feeling for 3-day win says Hosein
By JOEL BAILEY Tuesday, March 11 2014
Newsday

AKEAL HOSEIN described his 11-wicket haul for Trinidad and Tobago against Windward Islands in their Regional Four Day Competition Round Two clash as “a good feeling.”

The 20-year-old left-arm spinner returned figures of 6/33 and 5/34 to earn the Man of the Match award as Trinidad and Tobago drubbed the visitors by 186 runs at the Queen’s Park Oval.

Playing his third First-Class game, and his first on home soil, Hosein noted, “Obviously a good feeling. Anybody who takes 11 wickets will always be joyous. It was a total team effort.”

“The guys were there supporting me all the way and it just gave me more confidence to go out and do my job,” he added. “It made it a lot easier.”

Hosein plays for Queen’s Park Cricket Club and, asked if his knowledge of the wicket worked to his advantage, the ex-West Indies Under-19 player replied, “I would say to some extent. The wicket was a little challenging with the grass. Once I got the ball in the right areas, everything worked out fine. I still have some work to do but I’m thankful that I got the Man of the Match.”

A number of spinners have been featuring for Trinidad and Tobago in the past few years and Hosein his hopeful that he can cement his place on the squad, despite the array of slow-bowling options.

“I can only control what I can control, doing well and hopefully staying on the team,” he said. “I know the other (spinners) are talented as well. Everybody does well at some point so I’ll just hold on and try to do as best as possible on the field.”

He struggled with the bat in both innings and admitted, “I was fairly disappointed I failed with the bat. That really hurt me a lot. I really enjoy batting, I’m an all-rounder.” Trinidad and Tobago will be playing the Leeward Islands in the Third Round this forthcoming weekend (March 14-17).

“We’re not going to hesitate against any opposition,” he said. “We’re going to play everybody as if it’s a world-class team. We’re not going to take any team for granted.

“We’re going to try to win the title this year. We’re not going to lapse on anybody, it’s going to be a total team effort and try to win this round.”

Another TT all-rounder, captain Rayad Emrit, commented, “I must say thanks to the Almighty God because nothing is possible without Him. We came here hoping that we could have (gotten) maximum points and we did. I must say well done to the guys. Our bowling again did the part.”

“There (are) a lot of room for improvement, where our batting is concerned,” he continued. “We spoke to the guys at length and breadth as we need to improve in a lot of areas. Hopefully we can get things right come next game and have another victory.” About Hosein, Emrit said, “He was picked as an all-rounder in the team. We know his ability with the bat and the ball, and he delivered for us in both innings, getting six and five (wickets respectively). He’s an exciting young player, one to watch for the future and hopefully he can grow from strength to strength.”

But he spared no punches for the batting, with returns of 222 and 210 in the respective innings.

“Our batting has been failing us for a while now,” Emrit said. “We haven’t been getting the guys to score big runs. It’s something we have to work on. We need to improve. We need to find the remedies for our batsmen to bat longer innings. Hopefully the coach (Kelvin Williams) can get the guys in the nets and work on these things.”

socafighter

Re: Hosein not getting carried away
« Reply #17 on: March 12, 2014, 10:26:12 PM »
Hosein not getting carried away
By Roger Seepersad
Story Created: Mar 13, 2014 at 12:19 AM ECT
express

For Akeal Hosein, his 23.5 overs against the Windward Islands stretched across two innings, to his mind, was not anything “magical,” but for Trinidad and Tobago’s opponents it must have been mystical.
The left-hand orthodox spinner grabbed six wickets for 33 runs from 13.5 overs in the first innings and followed up with five for 34 off ten overs in the second as the Windward Islands were dismissed for 122 and 124, giving T&T a 186-run victory inside three days.

Asked for his thoughts on what he did, Hosein said that while it was good, he is still aiming for better.
“I did not think it was my best bowling performance. I think there is still room for improvement. I did a fair amount of work and it was good enough to give us a good result,” the 20-year-old Hosein explained.
“I did not do anything different. Queen’s Park Oval is my home ground so I had a little advantage and the wicket had some grass on it so I used the grass to my advantage to get the ball to do different things. I wanted to spin some, slow up some and use the grass to get some to skid through so it was not anything magical,” he said.

“I guess I just bowled in some good areas and I got the results,” Hosein added.
The former West Indies Under-19 all-rounder and graduate of the Sagicor High Performance Centre had played two games for T&T last year, making his first-class debut against Jamaica in the Regional Four Day semi-final at Sabina Park and retaining his place in the squad for the final against Barbados.
But the spinner had to undergo a minor surgery in his wrist during his time at the HPC last year and did not have a lot of cricket to impress the national selectors leading up to the 2014 season.
In fact he played just one out of the three T&T three-day trial games and was a long-shot to make the side but insisted that while he was unsure about making the team, he was sure that if he got the chance he would make it count.

“I know I played the last two games last year in the semi-finals and final but I was a bit unsure if I would have been selected after just one trial match,” Hosein said.
“I also had some hiccups in the last couple of months coming back from the HPC so it was kind of a little shock but nevertheless I knew that once I got my chance, I wanted to grasp the opportunity with both hands and that is what I did in the first game,” he added.
Hosein though was disappointed with his performance with the bat and said he would be working on that aspect of his game ahead the next four-day match against the Leeward Islands which starts tomorrow at the Oval.

“Today (Monday) I am going to do some personal work with my coach on my batting. I was really disappointed and hurt I did not make any runs (in the game against the Windwards) so I am going back to the drawing board. I can’t say what will happen but I will try my best again,” Hosein said.

1]; } ?>