March 28, 2024, 01:36:44 PM

Author Topic: President Anthony Carmona Thread  (Read 25379 times)

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: President Anthony Carmona Thread
« Reply #90 on: September 22, 2015, 05:07:00 PM »

President Anthony Carmona has announced the list of the nine Independent Senators, who will be appointed tomorrow. They are Jennifer Raffoul, Melissa Vikki Ramkissoon, Taurel Shrikissoon, Sophia Karen Chote SC, Paul Gerard Richards, Stephen Creese, David Small, Ian Roach and Dr Dhanayshar Mahabir.

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: September 22, 2015, 05:08:15 PM »

Paul Richards eh? really?

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: September 22, 2015, 07:13:29 PM »

And who is Paul Richards?

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: September 22, 2015, 09:47:47 PM »

A TV Presenter from C-TV who interviewed a lot of politicians.
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: September 27, 2015, 05:58:00 PM »

What you think about him now?

https://www.facebook.com/cnewslive/videos/10153605988845610/

The newly appointed independent senator Paul Richards says he won't be resigning his position at the state-owned CNMG station since he isn't required to do so.

On Friday Richards hosted his usual morning show, Good Morning T&T before going off on a two-day retreat with the country's other independent senators.

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: September 28, 2015, 07:35:27 AM »

What you think about him now?

https://www.facebook.com/cnewslive/videos/10153605988845610/

The newly appointed independent senator Paul Richards says he won't be resigning his position at the state-owned CNMG station since he isn't required to do so.

On Friday Richards hosted his usual morning show, Good Morning T&T before going off on a two-day retreat with the country's other independent senators.

he not no braveboy, but I got d impression dat just like andy, he used to eat he food and humble he self onto d master
I pity the fool....

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: October 05, 2015, 09:14:25 AM »
« Last Edit: October 05, 2015, 01:35:37 PM by Sando prince »

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: October 16, 2015, 01:29:22 PM »

VIDEO Report; https://www.facebook.com/CNC3Television/videos/10153702970367996/

PRESIDENT CARMONA THE "WEDDING CRASHER"

US President Barack Obama isn't the only president to surprise a bride and groom on their special day.

Seems our own president is also doing it, as Ria Rambally found out.

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: November 09, 2015, 02:32:41 PM »

"President Anthony Carmona says that in Trinidad and Tobago, we have persons who see wrong in everything that is right." See Video https://www.facebook.com/CCNTV6/posts/969146939794165

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: November 12, 2015, 01:05:21 PM »

"President Anthony Carmona says that in Trinidad and Tobago, we have persons who see wrong in everything that is right." See Video https://www.facebook.com/CCNTV6/posts/969146939794165

There he goes talking in code again and saying much about nothing.

Reminds me a bit of his powers speech when he said he has powers that we don't he has and the he doesn't have powers that we think he has.

I would prefer him not to say anything when he has nothing sensible to say rather than telling the T&T public a whole heap of nice sounding nothings or worse accusing them of haviong rum shop logic when they ask him about his monthly housing allowance for not living in the President's House.
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: March 26, 2016, 04:07:57 PM »

President Anthony Carmona has called for mercy and forgiveness to pervade in this Easter season. In His Easter message the President said its time to recreate within our lives the love and application of mercy and reject outright the act of revenge

https://www.facebook.com/cnewslive/videos/10153982910465610/

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: May 25, 2016, 12:37:36 AM »

PNM women, Fixin’ T&T protest
Kriyann Singh back in Senate

President Anthony Carmona is being severely criticised for the appointment of Kriyann Singh as an Independent senator.
The People’s National Movement (PNM) Women’s League yesterday registered “its strong objection” to the decision of the President to appoint, “even temporarily”, Singh.
And activist group Fixin’ T&T said the appointment raised “even more questions about the President’s competence”.
This is the second time in less than three weeks a temporary appointment to the Independent bench of the Senate by Carmona is the source of controversy.

http://www.trinidadexpress.com/20160524/news/pnm-women-fixin8217-tt-protest

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: May 26, 2016, 06:11:42 AM »

PNM women, Fixin’ T&T protest
Kriyann Singh back in Senate

President Anthony Carmona is being severely criticised for the appointment of Kriyann Singh as an Independent senator.
The People’s National Movement (PNM) Women’s League yesterday registered “its strong objection” to the decision of the President to appoint, “even temporarily”, Singh.
And activist group Fixin’ T&T said the appointment raised “even more questions about the President’s competence”.
This is the second time in less than three weeks a temporary appointment to the Independent bench of the Senate by Carmona is the source of controversy.

http://www.trinidadexpress.com/20160524/news/pnm-women-fixin8217-tt-protest

Newly appointed senator claims no political bias

http://tringlobe.com/singlereport.php?adsid=299

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #103 on: January 15, 2017, 06:02:04 AM »
Cops probe Carmona housing allowance
By Joel Julien (Guardian).

Williams: It is not yet a criminal investigation

A police investigation has begun into the housing allowance paid to President Anthony Carmona.

However, this is not yet a criminal investigation, acting Police Commissioner Stephen Williams explained yesterday.

The investigation into the matter is currently being handled by the Anti-Corruption Investigations Bureau, Williams said.

The investigation comes in response to four letters sent by attorney Justin Phelps on behalf of his client Rhoda Bharath to the Commissioner of Police calling for the housing allowance paid to Carmona to be probed.

Bharath's call for the police to investigate the housing allowance came as a result of legal advice she obtained from British Queen's Counsel Cathryn McGahey which stated that a "proper and independent" police investigation must be conducted to "reveal the true picture" about the payment.

On March 18, 2013, Carmona assumed office as this country's president.

It was revealed that Carmona received a tax-free housing allowance of $28,000 a month from July 2013 to May 2015 despite also being provided with state accommodation at Flagstaff Hill. The monthly allowance amounted to some $644,000.

As a result of this, McGahey was asked to advise Bharath on whether a request to the Commissioner of Police for an investigation into misconduct in public office on the part of the President, his secretary Esther Daniel-Liverpool, and Chief Personnel Officer (CPO) Stephanie Lewis was justified.

In her advice, McGahey stated that "the case is finely balanced but I believe that there are the moment reasonable grounds to suspect that the offence of misconduct in public office has been committed.

"It is possible that further investigations will reveal correspondence to indicate that those involved in seeking or providing the allowance did not truly believe the President to be entitled to it, or were reckless as to whether he was. Equally, those investigations may show that everyone involved acted in good faith, whether or not the allowance was in fact payable on the true construction of the Salaries Review Commission Report. A proper and independent investigation should reveal the true picture," she stated.

On January 1, the Sunday Guardian reported that the SRC distanced itself from Carmona's housing allowance.

Phelps sends 4 letters to CoP

Since October 26, Phelps wrote the Commissioner of Police calling for an investigation into the matter.

Harold Philip was acting police commissioner at that time as Williams was on vacation.

Apart from the housing allowance, Phelps also raised the issue of threats and harassment to Bharath.

Phelps wrote the Commissioner of Police on three occasions after that.

The latest letter that Phelps sent was to Williams on November 28.

"I have not had any reply to any of my said letters, not even an acknowledgement. I am respectfully asking for such acknowledgement and reply please, so that I may advise my client accordingly," Phelps wrote.

In response to that letter, a letter signed on behalf of Williams, dated January 3, stated that the matter was forwarded to the Anti-Corruption Investigations Bureau.

"Your letter dated November 28th, 2016 on the subject is duly acknowledged," the letter stated.

"Please be advise that the report made by Ms Bharath was forwarded to the office of the Senior Superintendent Anti-Corruption Investigations Bureau where it is being diligently investigated by a team of officers," it stated.

"On completion, you will be informed of the findings," the letter stated.

Acting Snr Supt Yussef Alexander is currently the head of the Anti-Corruption Investigations Bureau.

No word from President's House

The Sunday Guardian called and sent text messages to communications manager at the President's House Theron Boodan to get a comment on the situation. Up to late yesterday, no response was received.

NO CRIMINAL INVESTIGATION HAS BEEN LAUNCHED—WILLIAMS

Contacted yesterday, Williams explained that the Anti-Corruption Investigations Bureau has made a "preliminary assessment" of the matter and has since written the Chief Personnel Officer.

"I have not yet seen anything related to the Justin Phelps submission on behalf of Rhoda Bharath. However, I have been able to verify that it was received at the office of the Commissioner and the administrative sergeant would have forwarded it to the Anti-Corruption Investigations Bureau," Williams said.

"A criminal investigation has not been launched into that matter. However, the Anti-Corruption Investigation Bureau by making a preliminary assessment of what has been sent has written the Office of the Chief Personnel Officer so that they can verify some information from the CPO," he said.

"On the face of that matter, having just spoken to the Senior Superintendent Anti-Corruption Bureau, on the face of it a question of whether the CPO exercised authority which is vested in her or she went beyond her authority, and if she went beyond her authority it still is not a criminal investigation. It then becomes a matter for the Public Service Commission because it will involve issues around the discipline of a public officer, so that is for the Public Service Commission to consider," he said.

"The only time that this becomes relevant for the police to consider is if it involves criminality and on the face of it, at this point in time based on the advice I have received from the Senior Superintendent of the Anti-Corruption Investigations Bureau, is that nothing has been so advanced of any criminality," Williams said.

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: March 20, 2018, 02:56:33 PM »
I heard he's out and we have a new President now, didn't even know it was time for a change.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: March 20, 2018, 03:03:45 PM »
I heard he's out and we have a new President now, didn't even know it was time for a change.

You living in ah cave or wha?;D We have ah female President now. Paula-Mae Weekes. De inauguration was yesterday.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: March 20, 2018, 04:58:41 PM »
I check out the video of her speech. Excellent. Good luck to her. I think she will make a good President for what the position entails. A figurehead, just like the queen of England. This is not a dispersion on her or her abilities. Can she do anything to alleviate the crime situation. Honestly I doubt it. But who knows, she could run for office when she retires. God Bless You, Madame.

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: March 20, 2018, 11:13:46 PM »
You living in ah cave or wha?;D We have ah female President now. Paula-Mae Weekes. De inauguration was yesterday.
It look so because I had no clue ;D

1]; } ?>