March 28, 2024, 09:23:39 AM

Author Topic: WICB, Curious Case of Chris Jordan  (Read 1666 times)

socafighter

WICB, Curious Case of Chris Jordan
« on: March 14, 2014, 02:35:31 PM »
Date: Fri, Mar 14, 2014 at 4:27 PM
Subject: Curious Case of Chris Jordan
To: Dave Cameron <dcameron@windiescricket.com>
Cc: mmuirhead@windiescricket.com, azimbassarath@yahoo.com, jgarner@windiescricket.com, jennifer.nero@eccb-centralbank.org

Whycliffe 'Dave' Cameron
President
West Indies Cricket Board Inc.

Windiescricket.com
7 Ivy Green Crescent,
Kingston 5 Jamaica

WICB Secretariat
P.O. Box 616W
Factory Road, St John’s, Antigua W.I.

Dear Mr Cameron

I saw on television a young man born in Barbados play his heart out for his adopted country, even won the game for them by his success on the field , it begs the question how did this happen ?

We should look at Chris Jordan closely .

He was born in Barbados , Has dual citizenship .

Played for Barbados in 2013 bowling with Cummings . Where is Cummings as a player now?

Played Cricket for Surrey for 6 years on the advice of Rory Hamilton Brown.Released by Surrey and joined Sussex in 2013.

We see the English providing him with opportunities to develop . 

WICB selectors have little ability to recognize talent , I wonder what was the approach to this young man ?

What did the old men at BCA say , he wasn't good enough?. did you make the U19 ? Did you come up through our system? The latter a favourite in T&T, ask Sookdeosingh ?
These are the same old men who can help or destroy ones career .
Chris Jordan must now ponder his recourse ..Do I have relatives living in England ?

Lets now look at this kids talent , can bowl up to 90 mph , a good slip catcher and as we saw yesterday excellent fielder ?
Was good  enough to get an education at  Combermere in Barbados , learned his cricketing  skills in Barbados,offered a scholarship to some school in England, was spotted by an English scout ..honed his skills in the county leagues.A couple of tours and under the English system he is financially set up for life....now where is Cummings again?

How can the English take a diamond in the rough and polish him to look like  he did yesterday , we take someone like talented Russell who looked like charcoal yesterday, did any one see his swipe ? sigh

Let us bring up two references , we will profile the  WICB and its impeccable reputation.

Simmons and Ramdin...

Simmons  and Ramdin  will to carry on even when they were dropped as a contracted player by the WICB,
deserves credit .

WI A game against England when he made 282 ,after the Australia series they dropped him for "disciplinary issues" they never explained why , WIPA took up the case an won . I sent the Administrators at WICB questions they never answered, later to find out they don't believe in documentation, just word of mouth.
Simmons was left out of the WC Squad .

Ramdin was the wicket keeper of choice , they tried others but failed , they don't have the skills . Others given contracts Ramdin none . That must have hurt .

I must give my fellow Trinbagonians full credit  for their determination to come back , to show the WICB you have made  grave  errors , look at the performances over the last two years .
WICB still refuses to give Kieron Pollard an opportunity to play Test Cricket , I remember
Richie Benaud saying "if Pollard was an Australian he would be on the Test team", that was over three years ago, live on Television.

WICB remember the Physio that the captain requested and West Indies remained unbeaten approx two decades .Soon after these players were in demand around the world .They came back home and played in WICB regional games, it improved the level of the local players.
They were professionals not owing to the WICB,but by what they saw in other leagues, proper Coaching and Management.

Over the last decade plus , oh how things have changed we are at the door mat level . We have talented players , the discipline and application are not present anymore , we have made them individuals . Look at our Last WC T20 , we won based on such performances not team work. One player taking charge and we won those games.

Today our excuse is we are a bunch of Islands and Guyana separated by water and distances , weren't we always ?, yet we produced some of the finest players to walk on the planet .Why is it an excuse now , today we see a Coach with a staff of about 10 individuals on tour with 15 players ?

Can we regress and some one tell me how many did we have during Clive LLoyd Teams?
Others go on about how West Indian societies have changed , then why hasn't the WICB changed , it still in the 1950 Administrative level of competence .Aren't they part of such a society or a law unto them selves ?

Mr Cameron , we have numerous talented players at the U level , that will fail to get to the next level ,owing to stakeholders incompetence.Its easier to discard a player but not such old men in these positions, that have the control over such talented youths .

We must gather momentum in the Diaspora , to have a say in making changes at the stakeholder level , we need new innovative thinkers . We saw what happened in Trinidad and Tobago , if promises were kept a change would have occurred .
A seed planted needs some time to sprout , change is inevitable  at the WICB. What new has this Administration won since it held the reigns of T&T CB after coming into Office a few years ago ?

I look forward to your comments

Be safe and well

Socafighter in dem pweffen

socafighter

Re: WICB, Curious Case of Chris Jordan
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2014, 09:43:56 PM »

to:    Sandra  <socafighter@gmail.com>
cc:    mmuirhead@windiescricket.com,
 azimbassarath@yahoo.com,
 jgarner@windiescricket.com,
 jennifer.nero@eccb-centralbank.org

date:    Fri, Mar 14, 2014 at 10:22 PM
subject:    RE: Curious Case of Chris Jordan

Sandra,

Thanks much for this.

Have a great weekend.

Whycliffe 'Dave' Cameron
President
West Indies Cricket Board Inc.
T. 876.383.3283 |876.797.7023 | F. 268.481.2498
Windiescricket.com
7 Ivy Green Crescent,
Kingston 5 Jamaica

WICB Secretariat
P.O. Box 616W
Factory Road, St John’s, Antigua W.I.

Offline Tiresais

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2014, 01:42:54 PM »
That's an interesting response lol

socafighter

« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2014, 08:48:29 PM »

He thinks he is in comedy . Will get him soon.

Offline Carib-Briton

• Hero Warrior
  • Working Things Out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2014, 02:46:42 AM »

He thinks he is in comedy . Will get him soon.

He fanned it off like it was nothing SMH

1]; } ?>