March 28, 2024, 07:02:33 PM

Author Topic: One on one with Caledonia AIA and Grenada goalie Shemel Louison  (Read 693 times)

Offline SWF Reporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
One on one with Shemel Louison
By Dominique Webb (Wired868)

Twenty-three year old Caledonia AIA goalkeeper Shemel Louison’s sporting career started behind the stumps as a wicket keeper in Grenada. Devon Dowden, a youth team coach in Mt Moritz, challenged Louison to try football instead and his love for the game blossomed.
Louison was just 20-years-old when he made his senior international debut for Grenada and, two years later, Caledonia AIA coach invited him to join the then Caribbean Club Champions in the Trinidad and Tobago Pro League.
At present, he has 14 national caps for Grenada and has represented his country in the 2011 CONCACAF Gold Cup, the 2012 Olympic qualifiers, the 2014 World Cup qualifiers and the 2013 CONCACAF Champions League.
But the goalkeeper had to deal with personal tragedy along the way. He was only 17 when his mother, Jacinth Louison, died from breast cancer.
Louison took time from his Caledonia duties for a one-on-one with Wired868:

Name: Shemel “Paxson” Louison
Date of birth: 9 August 1990
Position: Goalkeeper
Former school: Happy Hill Secondary
Hometown: I grew up in Mt Moritz community of St George in Grenada.
Favourite player: Oliver Kahn (Germany)
Favourite team: FC Barcelona (Spain)
Height and weight: I weigh 175 lbs and I am 6 feet 2 inches
What is something most people do not know about you?
I love playing cricket and I cannot swim.
How would you describe yourself as a person?
I am friendly, humble and great at communicating.
What pushes you to succeed?
My mom, Jacinth Louison, who passed away from breast cancer on 5 August 2007. She had the most influence on my career even though she was afraid I got hurt.
What would be success for you as a player?
Playing at the highest level in Europe.

Read More
« Last Edit: March 22, 2014, 07:43:48 AM by FF »

1]; } ?>