April 18, 2024, 05:31:13 PM

Author Topic: Breaking boundaries with David John-Williams  (Read 7258 times)

Offline Football supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Breaking boundaries with David John-Williams
« Reply #30 on: March 20, 2014, 01:27:55 PM »
____-__

Regarding Marvin Oliver, it would be incorrect to comment on an ongoing legal matter. You, Sir, should be very concerned about libelous comments that you post. Just because a newspaper prints something, by your repetition, you also are making libelous statements. For your information, Marvin Oliver has never, ever been found guilty of possession of cocaine for the purpose of trafficking. I'm not sure if you are officially connected to W.Connection because you hide your identity like so many cowards do on this site. But if I find that you are connected to them, your libelous statement will result in further legal action. I had a long conversation with David John Williams the other day about this subject and he, like I, feels very strongly about libelous statements. In fact, he is prepared to take legal action when this happens, and I feel exactly the same. Therefore, I will make a point of mentioning this libel to him and I'm sure he will have strong words with you, as I feel he knows you very well.

The libel talk is nonsense... a complete non-starter.  Take that from an actual practicing professional.  Funny too how your ass was commenting all over the 2006 WC players imbroglio with Jack Warner and the TTFF... and you STILL continue to comment on it even though your boss is party to the action, and would-be party to any legal action to enforce the settlement.  But it would be 'improper'... your comments continue to be typically self-serving to both you and Central F.C.

Trust me Bakes I too have family members & plenty friends in the field, I have removed the part about Oliver from my post but not because of any libel threat, it's so hypocritical that my anonymity was not a problem before but because I tread on Central's toes all of a sudden it is. You use every opportunity to bash Connection about their foreigners & see no problem with that. Out of curiousity has the paper that printed the said article have they been sued?. As for David John Williams I wasn't aware that he could dictate to me what I could do or not do or say or not say. I support W Connection & my views are mine or are you saying that your views represent Central's?
And by the way based on your logic DJW can also sue you, not so?

Soccerama, I have never commented on your anonymity before because I didn't need to ask our lawyer to write to you before. But why do you need anonymity? we're all friends here. As for David, he can't dictate to you. But he can express his displeasure or ban you from his games if he wanted to. Of course he can distance himself and his club from your statements, which I hope he does. I've never seen him post on here, but I expect that now his interview is here, he will read this.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 20, 2014, 01:56:36 PM »

Soccerama, I have never commented on your anonymity before because I didn't need to ask our lawyer to write to you before. But why do you need anonymity? we're all friends here. As for David, he can't dictate to you. But he can express his displeasure or ban you from his games if he wanted to. Of course he can distance himself and his club from your statements, which I hope he does. I've never seen him post on here, but I expect that now his interview is here, he will read this.

Why would you need to ask your lawyer to write to him... are you or is Central F.C. being libeled?  Or are you saying that Central plans on footing the bill for Marvin Oliver's libel suit?  More likely you're just talking out your ass and trying to intimidate Soccerman into silence.

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 20, 2014, 02:02:49 PM »
FS doh study them fella, yuh right. Why bring people who cannot help the league, when the same money and time can be spent on improving OUR players. Using European leagues is not a good comparison as these leagues are established and at the top of their game. They've been playing for - in some instances - over a 50 years. Our league is in the prenatal stages and we need as many local player as possible developed. Our National team is in the toilet and the only way we can bring the level up is for our players to reach a higher level through international games and the ability to secure contracts at better clubs abroad.

Does that mean we should not have foreigners, no. But as you stated, these need to be quality. Players that our players can learn from. If we want to look at the European model, then this is the part of their model we should follow. The players that they bring in are world class or on the verge of world class. If players don't live up to the standard then they are sent on their way.

FS maybe just leave connection up to their devices and see how T&T benefits down the road. Maybe selling players to FC chin chong and fc Heidenberg is the goal of the PFL. Even in colleges in the US they try not to bring in International players who are not impact players. Coaches want that international player who comes in and is a stud off the bat. At the same time though, we really can't come down on connection as it's their money to spend.

I remember the first time I saw Connection. It was at a Joe Public game back in 99 or 2k and I was awe struck. They pulled up in a bus with the W who? on the side of the bus. Everyone in shirt and tie, the reserves in the stand all decked out in Connection attire, while JP players showing up in rubber ding ding and 3/4 denim. My buddy was a reserve goalkeeper at the time and I was really proud and impressed.  Years on now, I can't see how Connection has improved. They've won things, but they have not made a dent in CONCACAF. I had hoped they may have been the first club to take professionalism and the quality of football to the next level. But from what I have seen, they have not. They should be light years ahead of all the other clubs in T&T, but they are not. Their focus should be on winning CCL as the PFL should be practice games for them. A new team like Central should in no way be beating Connection with 10 men by 3 goals. Yes, football is fickle and Villa just beat Chelsea - but both have history.

FS I hope Central keep developing T&T youth players and giving them chances. Maybe in the future Central may change. But for now, you are right. Why import rice from Guyana.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 20, 2014, 02:07:10 PM »
As a practicing professional, you would understand the difference between criminal law and civil law. But perhaps thatls not important, I don't know, and I'm happy to be corrected by a practicing professional. However, I've noted that you are very keen to comment on areas where you are not a practicing professional. Why is "the libel talk is nonsense". A man (presumably) has just made a statement that is untrue and attacks the character of Marvin Oliver. You think it's ok to spread false statements about people being cocaine traffickers? Really? And, as mentioned, Mr Williams is very strong on the subject of libelous comments on web sites and has taken legal action against them. So criticise him if you want, but I feel, in this instance, I'm with W.Connection!

Whether I comment on other matters is immaterial empty noise.  The statement isn't libelous because Marvin Oliver is a public person.  As a public person you have a much harder time proving libel than if you were a private individual.  All a private individual needs to show is that the statement was being made recklessly (person making the statement knew that there was doubt as to the accuracy and published the statement anyways).  As a public person one must prove malice... which is that the person making the statement knew the statement was false... no doubt about it, absolutely knew it was false, and despite knowledge of that falsity, still went ahead and maliciously (with the intention of harming Marvin Oliver's reputation) published the statement.  You don't have to lecture me on the difference between civil and criminal law, I am experienced in both and I am telling you that not you, not Central F.C. and certainly not Marvin Oliver, none of you have an iceberg's chance in hell of proving that the statement was maliciously made.

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :bs:

Because no one in Trinidad & Tobago has ever said a single word about Guyanese, Jamaicans, Chinese etc have they? And it's only in England that people make anti foreign comments, right? But Australians, Americans, Canadians, Jamaicans, Russians, Germans, French, etc never, ever say a word about foreign immigrants and welcome them with open arms! Get a life, Bakes.

Are you really this much of an dunce... or is this some elaborate and convincing ruse on your part?  I mentioned xenophobia in England and France and you challenged what I stated asking me what I know of the UK.  Offered proof and you respond with this vacuous bit of f**kery.

Offline soccerrama

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 20, 2014, 02:14:53 PM »
I just do not know what you have with Connection and their "foreigners"
Here are the Facts
Gerard Williams St Kitts by your own admission in line for player of the year
Kurt Fredrick St Lucian by far the best left back in the League
Julani Archibald St Kitts has the most clean sheets in the league this season
Earl Jean St Lucian - holds the record as the all time top scorer in the PFL
Elijah Joseph -St Lucian Holds the record for most appearances in the PFL and winner of over thirty titles with Connection
Stuart Charles Fevrier - St Lucian, the winningest coach in the History of the PFL
(Sir Alex Ferguson - Scotsman-(non English) winningest coach in the EPL)
(Arsene Wenger - Frenchman (non English) the 2nd winningest coach in the EPL)

Zaine Pierre- St Lucian only the second player to sign in the Serie A from the PFL after Silvio Spann (another Connection player)
You complain about improving the T&T National Team who is contributing more than Connection, have a look at Connection T&T roster this season
Joevin Jones, Daneil Cyrus, Mikeil Williams, Shahdon Winchester, Leslie Russell, Jamal Clarence, Hashim Arcia all full Senior Internationals for T&T
Alvin Jones, Neil Benjamin, Jomal Williams U20 Internationals for T&T
Jerrol Britto U23 International for T&T
Silvio Spann - Ex full international for T&T
Clyde Leon -  Ex Full international for T&T (unfortunately not fit to play this season)
Jabari Mitchell- Under 17 International for T&T
Martieon Watson Under 17 International for T&T

As for your comment on my comment about Marvin Oliver I was only responding to what was reported in the Newspaper. I assume it is the truth because I cannot recall seeing any action being taken against the newspaper for reporting it if it was untrue and to date have not seen a retraction. Therefore by your logic Jack Warner has grounds to sue many of us here on this forum as we continually reproduce reports from newspapers accusing him (he continues to claim his innocence) and the latest was as recent as this week from the Daily Telegraph. As you have noticed I only talk facts and the truth but I have always heard my mother say "the truth does offend" and it appears that you are getting offended.....ahoy mate :(

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 20, 2014, 02:27:51 PM »

Why would you need to ask your lawyer to write to him... are you or is Central F.C. being libeled?  Or are you saying that Central plans on footing the bill for Marvin Oliver's libel suit?  More likely you're just talking out your ass and trying to intimidate Soccerman Soccerama into silence.

Fixed it for you  :beermug:

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 20, 2014, 02:34:31 PM »
FS doh study them fella, yuh right. Why bring people who cannot help the league, when the same money and time can be spent on improving OUR players. Using European leagues is not a good comparison as these leagues are established and at the top of their game. They've been playing for - in some instances - over a 50 years. Our league is in the prenatal stages and we need as many local player as possible developed. Our National team is in the toilet and the only way we can bring the level up is for our players to reach a higher level through international games and the ability to secure contracts at better clubs abroad.

Does that mean we should not have foreigners, no. But as you stated, these need to be quality. Players that our players can learn from. If we want to look at the European model, then this is the part of their model we should follow. The players that they bring in are world class or on the verge of world class. If players don't live up to the standard then they are sent on their way.

FS maybe just leave connection up to their devices and see how T&T benefits down the road. Maybe selling players to FC chin chong and fc Heidenberg is the goal of the PFL. Even in colleges in the US they try not to bring in International players who are not impact players. Coaches want that international player who comes in and is a stud off the bat. At the same time though, we really can't come down on connection as it's their money to spend.

I remember the first time I saw Connection. It was at a Joe Public game back in 99 or 2k and I was awe struck. They pulled up in a bus with the W who? on the side of the bus. Everyone in shirt and tie, the reserves in the stand all decked out in Connection attire, while JP players showing up in rubber ding ding and 3/4 denim. My buddy was a reserve goalkeeper at the time and I was really proud and impressed.  Years on now, I can't see how Connection has improved. They've won things, but they have not made a dent in CONCACAF. I had hoped they may have been the first club to take professionalism and the quality of football to the next level. But from what I have seen, they have not. They should be light years ahead of all the other clubs in T&T, but they are not. Their focus should be on winning CCL as the PFL should be practice games for them. A new team like Central should in no way be beating Connection with 10 men by 3 goals. Yes, football is fickle and Villa just beat Chelsea - but both have history.

FS I hope Central keep developing T&T youth players and giving them chances. Maybe in the future Central may change. But for now, you are right. Why import rice from Guyana.

I would firmly state that W.Connection are always immaculately attired and impeccably behaved, well organised and administratively professional. Their matchday preparation should be held as an example for all clubs to aspire to.

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 20, 2014, 03:17:19 PM »

I would firmly state that W.Connection are always immaculately attired and impeccably behaved, well organised and administratively professional. Their matchday preparation should be held as an example for all clubs to aspire to.

Absolutely.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 20, 2014, 06:52:05 PM »
Here are the Facts
Elijah Joseph -St Lucian Holds the record for most appearances in the PFL and winner of over thirty titles with Connection
Stuart Charles Fevrier - St Lucian, the winningest coach in the History of the PFL

Zaine Pierre- St Lucian only the second player to sign in the Serie A from the PFL after Silvio Spann (another Connection player)
You complain about improving the T&T National Team who is contributing more than Connection, have a look at Connection T&T roster this season
Joevin Jones, Daneil Cyrus, Mikeil Williams, Shahdon Winchester, Leslie Russell, Jamal Clarence, Hashim Arcia all full Senior Internationals for T&T
Clyde Leon -  Ex Full international for T&T (unfortunately not fit to play this season)

As for your comment on my comment about Marvin Oliver I was only responding to what was reported in the Newspaper. I assume it is the truth because I cannot recall seeing any action being taken against the newspaper for reporting it if it was untrue and to date have not seen a retraction. Therefore by your logic Jack Warner has grounds to sue many of us here on this forum as we continually reproduce reports from newspapers accusing him (he continues to claim his innocence) and the latest was as recent as this week from the Daily Telegraph. As you have noticed I only talk facts and the truth but I have always heard my mother say "the truth does offend" and it appears that you are getting offended.....ahoy mate :(

If you have de most money in de league and could sign 18 foreign players including players from Brazil, Colombia, Nigeria, Jamaica, Italy and Camaroon off course you better win something.

Play on a level field nah?

You might win a few but not so much.

LIMIT the foreign players in the league to 5 per team.

And respect to W Connection for being so professional and have so many trophies but I stand by my word.

Good interview otherwise.

I like David for one thing though, he run his club very professional and as much as he import players he also export a few, not much per year, but one or two, not 6.

Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 20, 2014, 07:44:10 PM »
Here are the Facts

And here's your problem. I don't have a problem specifically with W.Connection. I, personally, have a problem with ANY club who is bringing foreign players into the Pro League in the quantities that Connection and Caledonia have. It would be the same if it was North East, Jabloteh or Rangers. You are defending Connection, which is fair enough, but you are making it into some kind of anti Connection crusade. I don't know why, because that's not the case. You keep talking about Caricom, but you don't actually address my issue, which is that this policy, if copied by every club will weaken the national team. I just believe that there should be restrictions on numbers.

Similarly, when I point out that Central have had 5 red cards in 8 games vs Connection, had 3 players carried off while Connection have had 0 red cards, I can't help it that those facts exist against Connection. I didn't invent them. But I feel righteous enough to point them out. Clubs do it all the time, especially in the EPL when they talked about the "Sir Alex" factor. I'm not blaming Connection for this anomaly, but it definitely deserves a mention, don't you think?

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 20, 2014, 09:03:15 PM »
...You keep talking about Caricom, but you don't actually address my issue, which is that this policy, if copied by every club will weaken the national team. I just believe that there should be restrictions on numbers.

Utter and complete nonsense.

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 20, 2014, 09:16:15 PM »
...You keep talking about Caricom, but you don't actually address my issue, which is that this policy, if copied by every club will weaken the national team. I just believe that there should be restrictions on numbers.

Utter and complete nonsense.

:joker:

Offline Jack Horner

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 21, 2014, 02:56:44 AM »
They have come into our space which we have occupied for 15 years and are competing for the same home ground and training field and community. The unprovoked deliberate breaking of our locks on our portable goals at the training ground last year speaks volumes.

Very interesting point here. So Central is trying to jump on what Connection built, typical I say.

I had the pleasure to deal with David John Williams and Stuart Charles in the past, both very decent men.

I like Charles humbleness but I personally feel he needs help to rise the team. Is you notice, he has only his country man on his senior team staff. This is a football club not a family business or maybe it is?

At Joe Public we did things a little better in terms of hiring men because where they were from.

W Connection has 2 St Lucian coaches and happen to have 6 St Lucians on their team. There is a conflit of interest here.

David, is a classic business man. Cheap and love money, they want players for peanuts and expect thousands in return. This is one of the reasons why they go to St Lucia and other small Caribbean island, because no one from T&T will accept being bought for pennies. I know many players who refuse to go to that club.

So you guys have to understand the club and minds of a king pin.

Sign players or sign them for free, give them a room, pay them minimum and promising them trials and contracts in return.

W Connection does not make one feel they are representing T&T for some reason, many people felt more close to Joe Public flying T&T flag. W Connection looks like a team from St Vincent or Suriname, they just have that look.

One thing I admire though, is the way they run their football team and how they carry themselves.

This was a nice interview and David made some excellent replies.

9 games left in the league.

Lets go Point. !!

Jack Warner will rise again and the world will beg him him to return and he will say "NO".............

Offline Tiresais

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 21, 2014, 04:26:14 AM »
They have come into our space which we have occupied for 15 years and are competing for the same home ground and training field and community. The unprovoked deliberate breaking of our locks on our portable goals at the training ground last year speaks volumes.

Very interesting point here. So Central is trying to jump on what Connection built, typical I say.

I had the pleasure to deal with David John Williams and Stuart Charles in the past, both very decent men.

I like Charles humbleness but I personally feel he needs help to rise the team. Is you notice, he has only his country man on his senior team staff. This is a football club not a family business or maybe it is?

At Joe Public we did things a little better in terms of hiring men because where they were from.

W Connection has 2 St Lucian coaches and happen to have 6 St Lucians on their team. There is a conflit of interest here.

David, is a classic business man. Cheap and love money, they want players for peanuts and expect thousands in return. This is one of the reasons why they go to St Lucia and other small Caribbean island, because no one from T&T will accept being bought for pennies. I know many players who refuse to go to that club.

So you guys have to understand the club and minds of a king pin.

Sign players or sign them for free, give them a room, pay them minimum and promising them trials and contracts in return.

W Connection does not make one feel they are representing T&T for some reason, many people felt more close to Joe Public flying T&T flag. W Connection looks like a team from St Vincent or Suriname, they just have that look.

One thing I admire though, is the way they run their football team and how they carry themselves.

This was a nice interview and David made some excellent replies.

9 games left in the league.

Lets go Point. !!

Joe Public waving the flag? You high? How about your favourite dude gives back the millions of dollars he STOLE from T&T. How did he have T&T's best interest while taking bribes?

Offline soccerrama

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 21, 2014, 06:52:53 AM »
Here we go again!!!!

W Connection did not go out to recruit Earl Jean & Elijah Joseph, these are two players who were part of the Pro league from inception and served the league very well, one has the unbeaten record of the most goals, the other the record for the most appearances in the league so this was a natural progression a la mode of Phil Neville & Paul Scholes now assisting David Moynes at Manchester United & the possibilty of Ryan Giggs joining the staff, they all served/are serving Manchester United with distinction.  Additionally Elijah Joseph is married to a Trinbagonian. Everyone brushes aside the fact of the many Trinbagonians who served under Fevrier and who have either moved on to coach the youth teams or other Clubs.

Pray tell then why does Connection have so many National Team players (senior & junior) on their roster if as you say you know plenty players who do not want to play for Connection. I must say that DJW is a real shrewd businessman to be getting water out of stones because if as you say he pays so poorly & yet still he can get these poorly paid players to be so consistent by winning all these titles for him. If I had a business DJW would be hired in the blink of an eye because I would be assured that I would making maximum out of minimum.

Offline Sando

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: March 21, 2014, 10:14:23 AM »
13. At the senior level there are head coach Stuart Charles and his assistant and country man Earl Jean. Will we see in the future any local T&T born coach as Charles assistant?

DJW: That is always possible now and in the future. We have had several local assistants for Stuart Charles over years the first being Leroy Spann who has migrated, Brian Williams who is now in our youth program, Reynold Carrington who is now in charge of Point Fortin Civic, Leonson Lewis who is now in our youth program, Clint Marcelle who is running his own football school and Anthony Streete who is now in charge of Club Sando.

David was diplomatic here. Are there only 4 local coaches? train someone else.

Would love to see a T&T coach on as an assistant for W Connection at senior level.

Nice interview.

Offline Debbie

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 21, 2014, 03:50:16 PM »
I agree and disagree with the foreign policy @ W Connection.

However, I am from central, so I am backing my central boyz.

W Connection all the way baby.

Mr Williams spoken like a true pro !!

Well done.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #47 on: March 21, 2014, 04:05:20 PM »
Since dealing with the local football circuit, David John-Williams is the best I have ever dealt with in T&T football. He also connects with me and handle my request rapidly and professionally. Stuart Charles is also a very nice guy.

Kevin Harrison is also a strong contender and is coming along very well.

These men make a difference when it comes to T&T football.

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

1]; } ?>