March 29, 2024, 07:48:39 AM

Author Topic: Women Battery Thread.  (Read 27062 times)

Offline 1-868

• Hero Warrior
  • Haters love me
    • View Profile
Women Battery Thread.
« on: March 30, 2014, 09:15:05 AM »
Police probing Chandresh for assault of ex-girlfriend

http://www.guardian.co.tt/news/2014-03-30/police-probing-chandresh-assault-ex-girlfriend

To be a Gov't minister in TNT, you must know how to BEAT !!! woman

Tourism Minister Chandresh Sharma is under investigation by the police for the assault of his former girlfriend. Sacha Singh, the managing director of AMS Biotech Security Concept and AmSure T&T Ltd, who is in her late 20s, met with officers of the St Joseph Police Station on Friday at her Piarco business and gave a statement of Sharma’s alleged physical abuse during an altercation on March 12 at Grand Bazaar. Though a police investigation into such a matter can take as long as six months, the Sunday Guardian learnt that because of the high-profile nature of the matter it is being fast-tracked. ASP Joanne Archie, public information officer of the T&T Police Service, yesterday confirmed that an investigation was being conducted by the police against Sharma: “Statements were recorded and the investigation is in progress.”

Archie said “a charge or charges” may be laid after the investigation. Sharma’s investigation comes days after former minister of the people Dr Glenn Ramadharsingh was fired by Prime Minister Kamla Persad-Bissessar on Tuesday, following allegations of disorderly behaviour on board a Caribbean Airlines flight on March 16.

Questions about the child arose

Police were told that Singh met Sharma in the car park of Grand Bazaar, near Toppers around 7.45 pm on March 12. Sharma had agreed to meet Singh at the mall. In the back seat of Singh’s car was a 12-year-old girl and her mother, a schoolteacher. Sharma entered her Mercedes Benz car and sat in the front passenger seat, where questions about the child arose. The child eventually moved and Sharma spotted her. The child called out to Sharma who acknowledged her. Singh began to ask Sharma about maintaining the child. Sharma and the girl’s mother came out of the vehicle arguing. Shortly after, there was a scuffle between Sharma and the woman.During the melee, Sharma urged the woman to stop hitting a Brahmin boy. Singh came out of the car and held on to Sharma’s tie, but was slapped across the face.

Sharma, the police were told, pushed Singh who fell back and hit her head on her car and blacked out for several minutes. After gaining consciousness, Singh said they were checking her pulse. She said she was told that Sharma was putting water on face, forehead and head to revive her. Singh said Sharma kept saying she was fine and told her not to go to the hospital, but instead she should go home and take a shower. Singh called her doctor at St Augustine Private Hospital who told her he was not on duty. She went home and took painkillers. The following day, Singh was examined by Dr Pulchan at the Eric Williams Medical Sciences Complex who diagnosed that she suffered from a mild concussion and haematoma (swelling of the brain). She then reported the incident to Sgt Ogiste at the St Joseph Police Station. Traumatised by the incident, Singh left the country on March 14 and returned on March 25, where the police took a report three days later. The matter is being investigated by Insp Naim Gyan, who refused to comment yesterday when contacted.

Singh: I am pressing charges
Contacted yesterday, Singh said she was pressing charges against Sharma, who she met at the Hyatt Regency Hotel in January 2013. Singh admitted that she shared a relationship with Sharma, stating that she has evidence to back up her claims. “I found out about the child last November by his (Sharma’s) wife. That’s when things started to go downhill with us because when I asked him repeatedly about the child, he kept denying (the child) was his.” She said Sharma had no right to push her down because she brought the little girl to see him. Stating that she had established her business before she met Sharma, Singh, a former Miss T&T contestant, said, “It is not that I am bitter, vindictive or want revenge against him...it’s about living up to your responsibilities and speaking the truth. It’s an innocent child we are speaking about.”

Singh said she could have left the matter, but realised that it could have been far more serious. “I could have died. This should serve as a message to all women that they can stand up and fight men who are abusive.”
She said she was determined to press charges against Sharma because if left unchecked, someone could get killed in the future as a result of his actions. Singh described the incident as an abuse of public office. “The thing is, if you grab a woman’s breast and you get removed and you knock down a woman...same thing.”

Ramesh Maharaj: PM ought to remove him
Yesterday, former attorney general Ramesh Lawrence Maharaj said on the basis of the PM’s action against Ramadharsingh, the same should apply for Sharma. “An assault is when you attempt to hit someone. If you hit, then it’s assault and battery, which is a criminal offence and would have to answer a charge in the Magistrate’s Court.” Maharaj said Sharma’s report was far worse. “It’s a form of domestic violence because he was friendly with her.” Maharaj said a minister does not have to be charged to be fired, but the charge aggravates the situation. A minister, Maharaj said, must be an exemplar. “The PM ought to remove him...There must be high standards in public life.” Maharaj said an investigation like this should take only a few days. “These matters are simple investigations. So this summary complaint must be filed within six months of the date of the incident.”

Sat maintains it’s a domestic affair
Secretary general of the Sanatan Dharma Maha Sabha said Ramadharsingh’s issue was quite different from Sharma’s. “Ramadharsingh’s incident happened in an aircraft with other passengers who were endangered. This is a different thing—a domestic dispute...lots of people have. One is a domestic affair, and one is public manifestation of bad behaviour. It was a different situation because lots of politicians...they have domestic problems. So that is why I drew the line.” Maharaj maintained that the matter involving Sharma will take its course. Maharaj insists that he was not condoning domestic violence.

Seebaran–Suite: If it is true... it is to be deplored
Women’s activist, chairman of Advocates of Safe Parenthood: Improving Reproductive Equity (Aspire), attorney Lynette Seebaran–Suite said: “If it is true, then really, it is to be deplored because domestic violence is one of the most pervasive crimes society faces.” Seebaran-Suite said she has been trying to wrestle with the problem. “So if we have exemplars in society or people who are supposed to be exemplars committing that kind of violence, then they should face the full brunt of the law.” Seebaran-Suite said anyhow you look at it, “an assault is an assault.”

No response from Sharma, PM
Yesterday, a call made to Sharma’s phone was answered by someone who stated that the minister was attending a function. Another call at 6.30 pm was not responded to. Text messages sent to Sharma’s cell phone at 4.38 pm, 6.37 pm and 6.59 pm were not answered. Sharma also did not respond to questions e-mailed to him. Meanwhile, calls and texts to Persad-Bissessar’s phone went unanswered.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2021, 08:46:05 AM by Flex »
Phenomenal, lovely atmosphere.

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
Re: To be a Gov't minister in TNT, you must know how to BEAT !!! woman
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2014, 10:12:59 AM »
Police probing Chandresh for assault of ex-girlfriend

http://www.guardian.co.tt/news/2014-03-30/police-probing-chandresh-assault-ex-girlfriend

Questions about the child arose

Police were told that Singh met Sharma in the car park of Grand Bazaar, near Toppers around 7.45 pm on March 12. Sharma had agreed to meet Singh at the mall. In the back seat of Singh’s car was a 12-year-old girl and her mother, a schoolteacher. Sharma entered her Mercedes Benz car and sat in the front passenger seat, where questions about the child arose. The child eventually moved and Sharma spotted her. The child called out to Sharma who acknowledged her. Singh began to ask Sharma about maintaining the child. Sharma and the girl’s mother came out of the vehicle arguing. Shortly after, there was a scuffle between Sharma and the woman.During the melee, Sharma urged the woman to stop hitting a Brahmin boy. Singh came out of the car and held on to Sharma’s tie, but was slapped across the face.

Sat maintains it’s a domestic affair
Secretary general of the Sanatan Dharma Maha Sabha said Ramadharsingh’s issue was quite different from Sharma’s. “Ramadharsingh’s incident happened in an aircraft with other passengers who were endangered. This is a different thing—a domestic dispute...lots of people have. One is a domestic affair, and one is public manifestation of bad behaviour. It was a different situation because lots of politicians...they have domestic problems. So that is why I drew the line.” Maharaj maintained that the matter involving Sharma will take its course. Maharaj insists that he was not condoning domestic violence.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2014, 11:38:00 AM »
Sat continues to maintain his hypocrite status.

Sharma is Hindu...so is no problem. I eh hear the exact words but in his speech condemning Glenn.....words to the effect that " He isnt hindu" were used. This qualifies as a domestic matter....and it happen in public....but that doesnt matter.

The thing is.....a friend of mine knows his son...his wife chinee-ish.....business woman....certainly doesnt seem like the woman mentioned.

So...do the math.

She look for it though...not to say she eh know he married. If he horning he wife with you....why you cyar collect some horn too?
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2014, 11:46:03 AM »
Ay ay!

http://guardian.co.tt/business/2012-03-25/focused-building-business

http://guardian.co.tt/womanwise/2011/10/09/simply-shirlane-beauty-brains

She does work doh! I give she dat!

Business not for everybody...
“Not everyone can have an idea and be successful at it. It takes carefully tailored management and a proper leadership style in order to manoeuvre staff, companies, marketing and sales for the growth and expansion of the business. “It takes a combination of charisma, education, style and integrity in order to make it,” she said. Singh, who holds a Bachelors degree in Business Management, said, while one “may have an excellent idea”, he/she may not “have the knack for business” which involved a lot more than the flare of being your own boss. She advised “young people”, desirous of having their own businesses, to “do a feasibility study, a good plan and an assessment of the profitability/practicality of the respective business.” “Secondly, if you do happen to set up business, don’t cut corners. Start along the straight and narrow path and know that whatever you put your mind, heart and soul to do, you would accomplish it,” Singh said. She added: “I have never compromised myself because as a woman, there are men you would meet and they would say let’s see how far she will be willing to go. “Because of my strong spiritual morals and values which were instilled in me as a child, I know when to draw the line - when to stay in order to complete the sale and when to walk away with my integrity intact.”
« Last Edit: March 30, 2014, 11:50:05 AM by Bourbon »
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline congo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2014, 12:36:24 PM »
^^^ They brave and bold like that.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2014, 07:57:44 PM »

Beating and horning is considered domestic matters in Hinduism.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline congo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2014, 09:19:26 PM »

All good and well but this isn't a hindu state.

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2014, 10:24:41 PM »
Allyuh misquoting Sat man.

http://www.trinidadexpress.com/news/COP-to-Sharma-RESIGN-OR-BE-FIRED-253137541.html

Meanwhile, Secretary General of the Sanatan Dharma Maha Sabha (SDMS) Sat Maharaj who was vocal in his call for the resignation of Ramadharsingh said yesterday that Sharma’s case was different.
Maharaj said domestic issues have existed in politics since the days of former Prime Minister Dr Eric Williams.
“Politicians and their extra marital affairs and matters like these they sit on their own,” said Maharaj.
He said Ramadharsingh had put a number of people at risk on the flight by his behaviour but Sharma’s issue was between him and his alleged lover.
“The matter should take its course, we are talking about chalk and cheese. Chandresh is about twice the age of that woman, she must have known what she was getting into, I leave that for the court and the police to investigate,” said Maharaj.
He said it was up to the Prime Minister to determine whether she would fire Sharma or not, but “this doesn’t affect us in our moral standing,”.

Translation : "PNM did do it..so we could do it too."

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2014, 06:37:48 AM »

Sharma, the police were told, pushed Singh who fell back and hit her head on her car and blacked out for several minutes. After gaining consciousness, Singh said they were checking her pulse. She said she was told that Sharma was putting water on face, forehead and head to revive her. Singh said Sharma kept saying she was fine and told her not to go to the hospital, but instead she should go home and take a shower.

I read this and my presumptions of the situation changed. I realise it might be unpopular but here is goes.

I don't like Sharma , I think he's a snake and is part of the worst government in our country's history. That said if this is Sacha's account of things it confirms a few things. She lured him to this meeting with the woman and both of them eventually assaulted him first and he retaliated. Sacha got hurt and Sharma get frighten when he realised she hit her head.

I'm just following what I read. Violence against women is seen as truly deplorable, regardless of facts surrounding said violence.

I can't believe I just defended Sharma. I'm not a lawyer or a police officer so I can't comment on what charges may be in store for him, if any, but trying to process the incident as a human in my mind its hard  to logically attribute blame to the person who wasn't the aggressor in an altercation.

He Should Still Be Fired

This is a situation where his past indiscretions are blowing up in his face and causing turbulence in his personal life and embarrassment to the government.It is also likely that there are others in the woodwork. Under those circumstances how can a person carry out the duties of a Minister and MP effectively ? On that note it goes back to question of what type of people we select for public office in the first place.

Apart from that the allegation about him not supporting a child is the most embarrassing issue. If so there are legal means to bring Sharma into compliance.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2014, 06:57:54 AM by Jah Gol »

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 31, 2014, 07:13:43 AM »
The schoolteacher-mother could ketch ah charge too ...

Offline ProudTrinbagonian

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 31, 2014, 07:51:47 AM »

Since when?

Do not make this incident into an attack on a religion
whey boy!

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 31, 2014, 08:20:49 AM »

Since when?

Listen friend I have been a social worker in County Caroni 4 nuff years I know what I speak off. It is d nasty reality whether u want 2 believe it or not. 
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline ProudTrinbagonian

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 31, 2014, 08:47:51 AM »

Since when?

Listen friend I have been a social worker in County Caroni 4 nuff years I know what I speak off. It is d nasty reality whether u want 2 believe it or not. 

I could be wrong but "a social worker in County Caroni 4 nuff years" would hardly make anyone an expert on the reality of a religion of 1 billion people.
whey boy!

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 31, 2014, 09:12:11 AM »

Since when?

I could be wrong but "a social worker in County Caroni 4 nuff years" would hardly make anyone an expert on the reality of a religion of 1 billion people.

Please do not compare the Hindus in India with those in Tdad. Chalk and cheese those in Tdad is much Brahmin as I am. Everybody know when you travel by boat you loose yuh caste that was 1 of the reasons there was 4 d Indian Mutiny of 1857. But Sat and co claiming they are the highest Indian caste. I refer to the practice of hinduism in Tdad where again I say horning and hitting is part of their M.O.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 31, 2014, 09:56:49 AM »
... Everybody know when you travel by boat you loose yuh caste that was 1 of the reasons there was 4 d Indian Mutiny of 1857.  ...

I not in de know ... Expound, please.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 31, 2014, 10:19:22 AM »
... Everybody know when you travel by boat you loose yuh caste that was 1 of the reasons there was 4 d Indian Mutiny of 1857.  ...

I not in de know ... Expound, please.

When I did A level history which the old Warner taught we did British history and we studied the Indian Mutiny of 1857. So read up on it Plus Binsley Samaroo did alot of research on the issue.

Offline Jumbie

• ~~~ JUMBIE ~~~
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 31, 2014, 10:26:05 AM »
violence against women is an epidemic in Trinidad and Tobago and for too long it's been something never taken seriously. BTW, we do have very hostile women as well.

moderators, please hit weary a yellow card for that hate generating statement of his please.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 31, 2014, 10:32:59 AM »
violence against women is an epidemic in Trinidad and Tobago and for too long it's been something never taken seriously. BTW, we do have very hostile women as well.

moderators, please hit weary a yellow card for that hate generating statement of his please.

BIG FAT WET LOUD STEUPSSSSSSSSSS. What is hate check d stats and get back 2 me. That is why we are a 3rd world banana republic. D truth is d truth u eh have to like it but accept it as the truth.

Offline Tiresais

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 31, 2014, 10:45:14 AM »

BIG FAT WET LOUD STEUPSSSSSSSSSS. What is hate check d stats and get back 2 me. That is why we are a 3rd world banana republic. D truth is d truth u eh have to like it but accept it as the truth.

12,106 domestic violence cases filed
By LEISELLE MARAJ Saturday, November 24 2012

CHIEF Magistrate Marcia Ayers-Caesar yesterday stressed the importance played by judicial officers in cases of domestic violence as she spoke at a media launch of 16 Days of Activism which begins tomorrow and is observed as the International Day for the Elimination of Violence Against Women. Activities during this time frame have been organised by the Rape Crisis Society and the Trinidad and Tobago Coalition Against Domestic Violence.

At the launch, held at 1 Robinson Ville, Belmont, Ayers Ceasar revealed shocking domestic violence statistics. She said for the 2009/2010 law term in the Trinidad and Tobago Magistrates’ Courts, 12,106 new domestic violence applications were filed and 10,817 applications were determined. For the 2010/2011 period, 11,984 new applications were filed and 12, 041 applications were determined.

“These figures should be of concern to us all. These statistics, which can be found in the Judiciary’s Annual Report for this period, also reveal for 2009/2010 term, the magisterial district of Arima received the highest number of applications whilst Mayaro had the least. After 2010/2011, Arima again had the highest number and Rio Claro had the least. I am sure that you would agree with me that these statistics are indeed shocking,” she said.

Other statistics show women experience an average of 35 incidents of domestic violence before reporting to the police. “Judicial officers play an important role in the legal systems response. Judicial officers can express authority as the ultimate dispensers of Justice as we are the ultimate legal authority. If as judicial officers we treat domestic violence seriously, so too will the parties and the rest of the criminal justice system,”Ayers-Caesar said.

Read More

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Violence against women still high
Published:
Wednesday, November 27, 2013
Melissa Doughty

“Why do we hate women so much?” That was the question posed by former independent senator Diana Mahabir-Wyatt on Monday as she addressed heads of NGOs, ministry representatives and other groups at a breakfast seminar to commemorate the International Day of Violence Against Women at Capital Plaza, Port-of-Spain.

Mahabir-Wyatt also noted that many such seminars had been held but not much developed out of them. “We tend to talk about things, but we do not do them,” she added. She said she became aware of how terrible the hatred for women was when, in the 1960s, a report indicated that a Sea Lots woman had a piece of BRC hammered into her and it eventually came out of her nose.

Mahabir-Wyatt, a director in consultancy firm Personnel Management Services Ltd, said when a silent march was held recently by the Rape Crisis Centre and the Coalition Against Domestic Violence in memory of the women lost to domestic violence, only 30 people showed up to the march. “It seems to me we have not gotten all that far about what we are doing about violence against women,” she said.

Prime Minister Kamla Persad-Bissessar, in her address to the nation in commemoration of the day, called for a firm stance to be taken against violence against women. She added that the Government, in seeking to secure a safe environment for women and girls, was adopting and implementing national action plans that raised awareness and establishing more campaigns and groups that support women and girls, among others.

Mahabir-Wyatt highlighted several forms of violence against women, among them emotional abuse, institutional abuse, educational and economic abuse. Saying that a PhD study currently being done had highlighted that only a small percentage of rape cases were reported. She said the system was stacked against women. She added that men-against-men was the highest percentage of gender-based violence while women abusing children constituted the second most common form of gender-based violence in the country.

Read More

Offline congo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 31, 2014, 10:49:07 AM »
Men hitting women in that religion is no secret..Stop playing dumb with foolishness. You see how easy the leader of the sect brush off the abuse of a female by a public official.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 31, 2014, 10:52:19 AM »
Until u have mandatory reporting of domestic violence the statistics is a drop in the bucket. When I talk bout stats go directly to social workers and get their info not the court info.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 31, 2014, 10:53:12 AM »
Men hitting women in that religion is no secret..Stop playing dumb with foolishness. You see how easy the leader of the sect brush off the abuse of a female by a public official.

Like u want ah yellow card ah what.

Offline congo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 31, 2014, 10:59:05 AM »
They need to give that yellow card to their insecure men...Brahmin the man called himself inno....That still have me cracking up

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 31, 2014, 11:05:32 AM »
They need to give that yellow card to their insecure men...Brahmin the man called himself inno....That still have me cracking up

ENT they delusional to d max

Offline Jumbie

• ~~~ JUMBIE ~~~
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 31, 2014, 11:06:41 AM »

stats my ass! beating woman is ah Trinbago issue it's not isolated to Caroni and/or Hinduism.  Consider.. you work in Caroni so that is why your logic is based on that.

Offline Jumbie

• ~~~ JUMBIE ~~~
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 31, 2014, 11:10:29 AM »

hindu men does beat according to the inhouse expert, but non hindu men does shoot and kill so no alive women to come forward and report so 'stats' are misleading at this point.

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 31, 2014, 11:23:34 AM »

Everything in T&T is an epidemic. Stueps. Is only in T&T domestic abuse is so profound. 
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 31, 2014, 11:25:02 AM »

hindu men does beat according to the inhouse expert, but non hindu men does shoot and kill so no alive women to come forward and report so 'stats' are misleading at this point.
So Jumbie you still want that yellow card for Weary or does your  pronouncement even up de tackles.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 31, 2014, 11:32:33 AM »

stats my ass! beating woman is ah Trinbago issue it's not isolated to Caroni and/or Hinduism.  Consider.. you work in Caroni so that is why your logic is based on that.

I did not only wuk Caroni never said incidents in TNT eh high but among Sat peeps it very high and will say if anybody have d guts 2 study DV by ethnicity and religion the truth will be in our face. Ii will continue 2b high because it is seen to be ah domestic matter among Sat peeps.

Offline Jumbie

• ~~~ JUMBIE ~~~
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 31, 2014, 12:04:09 PM »

So Jumbie you still want that yellow card for Weary or does your  pronouncement even up de tackles.

nah straight red for me! Maybe now people can see how irresponsible the original comment was when it's followed by one just as damaging. .

1]; } ?>