March 28, 2024, 05:53:52 PM

Author Topic: Women Battery Thread.  (Read 27052 times)

Offline Jumbie

• ~~~ JUMBIE ~~~
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: To be a Gov't minister in TNT, you must know how to BEAT !!! woman
« Reply #30 on: March 31, 2014, 12:06:03 PM »
violence against women is an epidemic in Trinidad and Tobago and for too long it's been something never taken seriously. BTW, we do have very hostile women as well.

moderators, please hit weary a yellow card for that hate generating statement of his please.

BIG FAT WET LOUD STEUPSSSSSSSSSS. What is hate check d stats and get back 2 me. That is why we are a 3rd world banana republic. D truth is d truth u eh have to like it but accept it as the truth.

stats my ass! beating woman is ah Trinbago issue it's not isolated to Caroni and/or Hinduism.  Consider.. you work in Caroni so that is why your logic is based on that.

I did not only wuk Caroni never said incidents in TNT eh high but among Sat peeps it very high and will say if anybody have d guts 2 study DV by ethnicity and religion the truth will be in our face. Ii will continue 2b high because it is seen to be ah domestic matter among Sat peeps.

kindly provide the stats you spoke about and shut me up.

btw, doh group people as 'sats' people. that fella is ah different level of tata.

Offline Jumbie

• ~~~ JUMBIE ~~~
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 31, 2014, 12:07:08 PM »
violence against women is an epidemic in Trinidad and Tobago and for too long it's been something never taken seriously. BTW, we do have very hostile women as well.

moderators, please hit weary a yellow card for that hate generating statement of his please.

Everything in T&T is an epidemic. Stueps. Is only in T&T domestic abuse is so profound. 

the discussion was about Trinidad..correct?

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 31, 2014, 12:26:47 PM »

BIG FAT WET LOUD STEUPSSSSSSSSSS. What is hate check d stats and get back 2 me. That is why we are a 3rd world banana republic. D truth is d truth u eh have to like it but accept it as the truth.

stats my ass! beating woman is ah Trinbago issue it's not isolated to Caroni and/or Hinduism.  Consider.. you work in Caroni so that is why your logic is based on that.

I did not only wuk Caroni never said incidents in TNT eh high but among Sat peeps it very high and will say if anybody have d guts 2 study DV by ethnicity and religion the truth will be in our face. Ii will continue 2b high because it is seen to be ah domestic matter among Sat peeps.

kindly provide the stats you spoke about and shut me up.

btw, doh group people as 'sats' people. that fella is ah different level of tata.

Did u not read where I said that until we go directly 2 social workers d stats willb inaccurate. What I do know when we case conference we c d real picture. As 4 Sat people until they say that buffon cyah speak 4 me they will b Sat people.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Jumbie

• ~~~ JUMBIE ~~~
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 31, 2014, 12:52:37 PM »
q. Do social workers go to all corners of Trinidad and Tobago? I don't know, so I asking. Just my own curiosity to see if such services are available to everyone, in their home town or village.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 31, 2014, 01:24:20 PM »
q. Do social workers go to all corners of Trinidad and Tobago? I don't know, so I asking. Just my own curiosity to see if such services are available to everyone, in their home town or village.

D numbers are inadequate to put it mildly. When I was d Medical Social Worker 4 County Caroni I was responsible 4 11 Health Centres and 2 Accident and Emergency. There have been some restructuring but still woefully inadequate. Tim totally screw up School Social Work so God alone knows what going on there . 
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Chandresh Sharma has been fired/resigned long story short he gone
« Reply #35 on: March 31, 2014, 01:27:01 PM »
By Multimedia Desk

Prime Minister Kamla Persad-Bissessar this afternoon disclosed that she had taken the decision to fire her Tourism Minister Chandresh Sharma. The follow is the statement issued to the media shortly before 3 p.m today -

Statement by the Honourable Prime Minister, Kamla Persad- Bissessar, SC, on the revocation of the appointment of Honourable Minister of Tourism, Chandresh Sharma

I have advised the President of the Republic of Trinidad and Tobago, His Excellency, Anthony Carmona, of the decision to revoke the appointment of the Honourable Minister of Tourism, Chandresh Sharma.

This advice follows my decision to accept the resignation earlier submitted by Minister Sharma.

There has been some discussion on the number of times changes have been made in my Cabinet. I say that is a measurement of my commitment to maintaining the high ideals upon which we were elected.

I am not swayed by any other consideration other than that which is right and honourable. Each member of my administration must be mindful that we are held to different, higher standards than ever before, even by those who are our most bitter critics.

There is no privileged escape, no allowance for arrogance, no forgiveness for indiscretion. Those days are gone, such compromise has expired. The responsible leadership which we promised to usher in a dawn of a new era is the new political currency.

My leadership isn’t formed in the mould of loud and angry politicians who feel that shouting and attacking everything is the best way to be heard. But my decisions and policies speak even louder of who I am and what I expect of those around me in government.

The government is stronger than ever because of the tough decisions taken and the population can breathe easier today, confident in the knowledge that value based leadership will never be compromised.

I take this opportunity to recognize Minister Sharma's contributions and service to the Government and people of Trinidad and Tobago.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2014, 07:44:24 PM by Brownsugar »

Offline 1-868

• Hero Warrior
  • Haters love me
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 31, 2014, 01:34:12 PM »
CHANDRESH SHARMA HAS RESIGNED
By Multimedia Desk
http://www.trinidadexpress.com/news/CHANDRESH-SHARMA-HAS-BEEN-FIRED-253244441.html

Story Created: Mar 31, 2014 at 3:00 PM ECT

Story Updated: Mar 31, 2014 at 3:27 PM ECT
Prime Minister Kamla Persad-Bissessar this afternoon disclosed that she had accepted the resignation of her Tourism Minister Chandresh Sharma. The follow is the statement issued to the media shortly before 3 p.m today -

Statement by the Honourable Prime Minister, Kamla Persad- Bissessar, SC, on the revocation of the appointment of Honourable Minister of Tourism, Chandresh Sharma

I have advised the President of the Republic of Trinidad and Tobago, His Excellency, Anthony Carmona, of the decision to revoke the appointment of the Honourable Minister of Tourism, Chandresh Sharma.

This advice follows my decision to accept the resignation earlier submitted by Minister Sharma.

There has been some discussion on the number of times changes have been made in my Cabinet. I say that is a measurement of my commitment to maintaining the high ideals upon which we were elected.

I am not swayed by any other consideration other than that which is right and honourable. Each member of my administration must be mindful that we are held to different, higher standards than ever before, even by those who are our most bitter critics.

There is no privileged escape, no allowance for arrogance, no forgiveness for indiscretion. Those days are gone, such compromise has expired. The responsible leadership which we promised to usher in a dawn of a new era is the new political currency.

My leadership isn’t formed in the mould of loud and angry politicians who feel that shouting and attacking everything is the best way to be heard. But my decisions and policies speak even louder of who I am and what I expect of those around me in government.

The government is stronger than ever because of the tough decisions taken and the population can breathe easier today, confident in the knowledge that value based leadership will never be compromised.

I take this opportunity to recognize Minister Sharma's contributions and service to the Government and people of Trinidad and Tobago.
Phenomenal, lovely atmosphere.

Offline MEP

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 31, 2014, 02:23:33 PM »
^^^ They brave and bold like that.

Beating and horning is considered domestic matters in Hinduism.

All good and well but this isn't a hindu state.
yes Trindiad will soon be a hindu state.....wait till proportional representation come

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 31, 2014, 03:07:04 PM »
So question...if a woman attack a man first...then what?
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline fari

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: CHANDRESH SHARMA HAS BEEN FIRED/ RESIGNED LONG STORY SHORT HE GONE
« Reply #39 on: March 31, 2014, 03:11:34 PM »
as i was telling my pardnas today on whatsapp...a gov't lead by a woman is being wrought asunder by men who have no clue how to treat women ::)

Offline Jumbie

• ~~~ JUMBIE ~~~
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 31, 2014, 03:13:31 PM »
is hindu the politically correct way to say indian or coolie in this place?

Offline Jumbie

• ~~~ JUMBIE ~~~
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 31, 2014, 03:16:00 PM »
as i was telling my pardnas today on whatsapp...a gov't lead by a woman is being wrought asunder by men who have no clue how to treat women ::)

the not so funny thing is, Penny seeing the same trouble.

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 31, 2014, 03:18:50 PM »

Awww Jumbie.....come on now.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 31, 2014, 03:21:39 PM »

Jumbie yuh on ah roll boy. They cyah trip yuh up.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Jumbie

• ~~~ JUMBIE ~~~
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 31, 2014, 04:39:35 PM »

serious ting.. I want to learn.  since I don't know how one identify a hindu from a non hindu by appearance?

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: March 31, 2014, 04:49:20 PM »

Nah, fair question ... a similar question crossed my mind ... although, I think the usage has to do with responding to Sat.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 31, 2014, 04:55:48 PM »

No despite the fact what Sat would want you to believe Hindu is not synonymous wit being Indian.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 31, 2014, 05:00:09 PM »

You compare Penny wit these jokers clearly I eh know what 2 say.

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 31, 2014, 06:55:40 PM »

Yes how could they compare Penny with these Jokers, she is the Queen of the PNM Universe!  :devil:

Lord Kitchener - Penny (1977/1978)
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/nUmIrEbQ0eU" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/nUmIrEbQ0eU</a>
« Last Edit: March 31, 2014, 06:58:21 PM by Socapro »
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Chandresh Sharma has been fired/resigned long story short he gone
« Reply #49 on: March 31, 2014, 07:45:25 PM »

Yes how could they compare Penny with these Jokers, she is the Queen of the PNM Universe!  :devil:

Lord Kitchener - Penny (1977/1978)
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/nUmIrEbQ0eU" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/nUmIrEbQ0eU</a>

:beermug:

Offline fari

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: March 31, 2014, 08:33:02 PM »
someting bout this girl...i ent saying she lying eh...but i eh know

http://www.tv6tnt.com/sevenpm-news/-SASHA-SINGH-SPEAKS-2807----253138291.html

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 31, 2014, 08:40:32 PM »

Lets remember Al Capone went down 4 tax evasion. So if this Sasha like d next one cyah b trusted d amount of ting Sharma do he gone.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 31, 2014, 11:23:46 PM »

Yeah, I gehhin de same uneven vibe ... everything not on ah level,

Offline mukumsplau

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: April 01, 2014, 01:42:58 AM »

even before it broke in jack's sunshine paper i heard of this...its legit...

and she rel brave to go home and sleep after passing out the way she did

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #54 on: April 01, 2014, 07:36:13 AM »
SHARMA RESIGNS
Second minister’s appointment revoked in less than a week

By Anna Ramdass anna.ramdass@trinidadexpress.com
Story Created: Mar 31, 2014 at 10:02 PM ECT
Story Updated: Apr 1, 2014 at 12:38 AM ECT
In less than a week, a second Cabinet minister has been removed from the People’s Partnership Government.
Prime Minister Kamla Persad-Bissessar yesterday accepted the resignation of Tourism Minister Chandresh Sharma and has asked President Anthony Carmona to revoke his appointment.
Communications Minister Gerry Hadeed is now the new Tourism Minister and Trade Minister Vasant Bharath will head the Ministry of Trade, Investments and Communications.
Last Tuesday, the Prime Minister fired Dr Glenn Ramadharsingh as minister of the People and Social Development and took control of the Ministry.
Ramadharsingh was dismissed following reports of his disorderly conduct aboard a Caribbean Airlines (CAL) flight.
Sharma, 54, resigned in the wake of a police probe into reports against him by his ex-girlfriend Sacha Singh, 30, who alleged that the former minister assaulted her at Grand Bazaar car park on March 12.
Singh alleged that she confronted Sharma with a woman with whom he allegedly had an affair and a 12-year-old child from that relationship, whom he refused to maintain, and when she did this he became violent.
Congress of the People (COP) political leader Prakash Ramadhar had issued a call for Persad-Bissessar to fire Sharma should he not tender his resignation.
The Prime Minister issued a statement yesterday in which she emphasised that wrongdoing will not be tolerated in her Government.
“There is no privileged escape, no allowance for arrogance, no forgiveness for indiscretion. Those days are gone, such compromise has expired. The responsible leadership which we promised to usher in a dawn of a new era is the new political currency,” stated the Prime Minister.
Persad-Bissessar noted that there was discussion on the number of time changes were made to her Cabinet.
“I say that is a measurement of my commitment to maintaining the high ideals upon which we were elected. I am not swayed by any other consideration other than that which is right and honourable. Each member of my administration must be mindful that we are held to different, higher standards than ever before, even by those who are our most bitter critics,” she said.
“My leadership isn’t formed in the mould of loud and angry politicians who feel that shouting and attacking everything is the best way to be heard. But my decisions and policies speak even louder of who I am and what I expect of those around me in government,” she said.
The People’s Partnership Government, said Persad-Bissessar, was stronger than ever because of the tough decisions taken “and the population can breathe easier today, confident in the knowledge that value-based leadership will never be compromised”.
The Prime Minister took the opportunity to recognise Sharma’s contributions and service to the Government and people of Trinidad and Tobago.
Contacted by phone, Singh commended both Sharma and Persad-Bissessar for their actions.
“I believe that is probably the only honourable thing he (Sharma) has done since I met him a year ago. I am very impressed with our Prime Minister, her being a woman and understanding that this type of abuse or any abuse for that matter must not be tolerated,” said Singh.
Singh said she has no regrets about having a relationship with Sharma even though he was a married man.

“It was a learning experience and every experience happens for a reason. I have no regrets if this makes me stronger,” she said.
While she commended the Prime Minister for accepting Sharma’s resignation, Singh called on Persad-Bissessar to stop the malicious attack on her character by United National Congress (UNC) supporters who have taken to social media to defame her by posting private photographs of her online.
“I commend her (Persad-Bissessar) and still continue to have the utmost respect for her, but I still plead for her to help me, these UNC supporters must stop spreading my pictures all over,” said Singh.
Earlier yesterday, Singh called a news conference at her Piarco office to speak on the issue.
She said a few years ago she took photos of herself which she sent via WhatsApp to her ex-boyfriend Cliff Paray and had saved them to an e-mail.
Singh said last June, her former IT staff, whom she fired, hacked into her system and took the photographs and spread them on a local pornography website.
“Today these pictures are being circulated from the UNC supporters in a plot to show the country I am everything negative that can come from having these pictures,” she said.
Paray was present at the news conference to confirm that Singh did in fact send the private photographs to him four years ago.
“It has absolutely nothing to do with what’s going on now with the potential assault charges and she (Singh) is a very very good person as far as I know and I do support her all the way,” he said.
“This is not the focus of the matter, it is not okay to be victimised like this when I am simply standing up for all women who don’t have the strength nor the courage to stand up against being assaulted by a man,” she said.
Singh added that she knew that coming forward and pressing charges against Sharma would bring repercussions.
However, she made it clear she has no intent in bringing down Persad-Bissessar’s Government.
“I am sorry to all UNC and Chandresh supporters, but this isn’t about hurting your Government, it’s about a woman taking a stance for what is right. No man shall hit or abuse a woman. Whether it’s physical, mental, emotional, no type of abuse should be done to a woman by a man,” said Singh.
The Prime Minister took the decision to accept Sharma’s resignation before leaving for Panama yesterday evening to attend the World Economic Forum and is scheduled to return on Thursday.
Labour Minister Errol McLeod will act as Prime Minister in her absence.

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #55 on: April 01, 2014, 07:48:54 AM »
I hold no brief for Sharma, this is the kind of thing that happens when you are ruled by your vice, it comes back to haunt you. But this Sacha Singh claim of abuse is dubious and the purported moral stand she took against violence is an excuse of a jilted lover.

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: April 01, 2014, 07:58:33 AM »
I hold no brief for Sharma, this is the kind of thing that happens when you are ruled by your vice, it comes back to haunt you. But this Sacha Singh claim of abuse is dubious and the purported moral stand she took against violence is an excuse of a jilted lover.
Hell knows no fury like a woman scorned.  :devil:
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: April 01, 2014, 08:40:43 AM »

How is she jilted?  I don't know the story, but weren't they together when this incident occurred?

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #58 on: April 01, 2014, 08:47:43 AM »

How is she jilted?  I don't know the story, but weren't they together when this incident occurred?
All reports said that Sacha was an ex. 

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: April 01, 2014, 10:34:58 AM »
All reports said that Sacha was an ex. 

Even if that's the case, and she set up a confrontation... Sharma is an imps for getting into an physical altercation with them two women.  If they start attacking yuh, leave and walk away.  You don't (allegedly) slap a woman and push her so forcefully that she loses her balance, falls and strikes her head against an object and loses consciousness.  People does get charge over things like that... isn't that how the fella died in the Brad Boyce case?

1]; } ?>