March 28, 2024, 03:43:01 PM

Author Topic: Women Battery Thread.  (Read 27050 times)

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
Re: To be a Gov't minister in TNT, you must know how to BEAT !!! woman
« Reply #120 on: April 07, 2014, 11:01:33 AM »
So a grown woman gone looking for ah house and the minister say well run ah lil punks and  she run de punks. He eh live up to he end and now she was taken advantage of? She was in a vulnerable state? Where was her morals to say no and walk away and expose the minister? Poor people so poor they cannot afford scruples? If she had gotten the house in the soon to be gated community would we have heard of this? Would she have been vulnerable then?

I am not saying what the minister did is right eh, but she ah grown woman making a conscious decision to do what she do.

We did not have an appointment. We left Central determined to see the minister to get some assistance.  I considered the (former) minister to be an action man who helped people. From the moment I saw him walking in I boldly approached him and asked if he could spare me a minute.

“(He) said okay; come quickly. As soon as the door was closed he gave me a hug and kissed me on my cheek and then on my lips. I was shocked. The minister then pushed his hands down my body suit and began touching my breast. I was trying to tell him that I needed help to get a HDC house and a food card.  The minister then told me to (sex act specified). I am not going to lie. I did it. When I left the office I could not even speak to my mother. When I went back outside I stayed quiet until I got home.”
Singh said Ramadharsingh gave her his cellular number to contact him for an update on the housing application.

Why did she not walk out the first time he kissed her? They don't know each other and just so he go all in for the hog? Them fellas rel entitled.

This is the problem in T&T, no responsibility for one's actions. It is always someone else's fault, someone made me do it. You're grown, when does someone become responsible for their actions.

the substantive issue is a minister sized up the opportunity and demanded some form of payment in return for favourable consideration. to me thats akin to extortion. punto final. i aint makin any moral judgement on the woman..she is grown yes, but found herself in an unfortunate situation that she didnt want but succumbed to because of the overriding desperation for decent shelter..that's on her..

there are alot of upper middle income earners who go with the intent of skinning bamsee and vagina for HDC houses..

I agree, but at the same time, does a person situation absolve them from making an informed decision? Not just in this situation eh, but on the whole?

I understand, don't get me wrong. He in a position of power and she is vulnerable and he used his power to his advantage. But, I want to look at this from different angles.

For ex. He should have just referred her to the process and let that be that.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: April 07, 2014, 11:28:15 AM »
This is the problem in T&T, no responsibility for one's actions. It is always someone else's fault, someone made me do it. You're grown, when does someone become responsible for their actions.

You are the only person arguing about personal responsibility.  She never said she wasn't responsible for doing what she did, the article is about misbehavior in public office by a Minister.

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #122 on: April 07, 2014, 11:38:58 AM »
So a grown woman gone looking for ah house and the minister say well run ah lil punks and  she run de punks. He eh live up to he end and now she was taken advantage of? She was in a vulnerable state? Where was her morals to say no and walk away and expose the minister? Poor people so poor they cannot afford scruples? If she had gotten the house in the soon to be gated community would we have heard of this? Would she have been vulnerable then?

I am not saying what the minister did is right eh, but she ah grown woman making a conscious decision to do what she do.

We did not have an appointment. We left Central determined to see the minister to get some assistance.  I considered the (former) minister to be an action man who helped people. From the moment I saw him walking in I boldly approached him and asked if he could spare me a minute.

“(He) said okay; come quickly. As soon as the door was closed he gave me a hug and kissed me on my cheek and then on my lips. I was shocked. The minister then pushed his hands down my body suit and began touching my breast. I was trying to tell him that I needed help to get a HDC house and a food card.  The minister then told me to (sex act specified). I am not going to lie. I did it. When I left the office I could not even speak to my mother. When I went back outside I stayed quiet until I got home.”
Singh said Ramadharsingh gave her his cellular number to contact him for an update on the housing application.

Why did she not walk out the first time he kissed her? They don't know each other and just so he go all in for the hog? Them fellas rel entitled.

This topic really deserved another thread. The only common feature is these guys lost their jobs because of vice.

In this case Glen has to take full blame. I agree with you that Patricia didn't have any scruples for herself but a Minister behaving in that way  is scandalous. As a Minister part of your job is to deal with countless people willing to do anything to obtain your favour. She could have offered it to him willingly it was his job to reject it and its even worse for him to make the approach. If the allegation is true then this is misbehaviour in public office, clearly.

Patricia remaining silent for 2 years however and going back a second time make the sexual assault thing questionable for me.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: April 07, 2014, 12:08:00 PM »
Ah hear yuh Jah G, but here is de ting ... Building on your point ... doh matter how many times she went back, and doh matter how many times he geh on bad ... on each successive occasion he had a duty to act appropriately. And, arguably, after a period of 2 years or however long it was ... she reasonably could have expected him to cool his ass.

I'm not willing to discount the calculus of need and desperation, but even within that there is no satisfactory free pass that justifies the alleged misconduct. Ppl react to situations in different ways. Personally I think it's harsh to rationalize whether she has acted morally or not.

It's the victim's prerogative to respond with silence. And when to break that silence. Frankly, I find everything she has said to be plausible ... she sought advice from others (this by itself is not silence). People told her doh bother to bring a case ... happens frequently when the scales of injustice seem to tip against the victim. That she has now sought to bring the matter to light shouldn't be used against her.

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #124 on: April 07, 2014, 12:21:22 PM »
Ah hear yuh Jah G, but here is de ting ... Building on your point ... doh matter how many times she went back, and doh matter how many times he geh on bad ... on each successive occasion he had a duty to act appropriately. And, arguably, after a period of 2 years or however long it was ... she reasonably could have expected him to cool his ass.

I'm not willing to discount the calculus of need and desperation, but even within that there is no satisfactory free pass that justifies the alleged misconduct. Ppl react to situations in different ways. Personally I think it's harsh to rationalize whether she has acted morally or not.

It's the victim's prerogative to respond with silence. And when to break that silence. Frankly, I find everything she has said to be plausible ... she sought advice from others (this by itself is not silence). People told her doh bother to bring a case ... happens frequently when the scales of injustice seem to tip against the victim. That she has now sought to bring the matter to light shouldn't be used against her.

I considered this as well and yes her story is plausible because the character involved is a certifiable tustyman. I also considered that if Glen put his hands down the woman clothes and feel her up she had a case on him since 2011. Glen should have been charged and kams would have given her an hdc house.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: April 07, 2014, 12:30:38 PM »
If this was d US all d other women would have said it also happen 2 me. D fact this fella advisor was Skippy Barrington tells u d kind of sleeze he is.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: April 07, 2014, 12:38:10 PM »
In the present climate she is more likely to get a house ... Thanks to Rovedas. She should go straight to the top of the list for determination of merit re: the house. Note I eh say she should get one automatically.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: April 07, 2014, 01:28:51 PM »
Patricia remaining silent for 2 years however and going back a second time make the sexual assault thing questionable for me.

Where did she accuse him of sexual assault?

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: April 07, 2014, 03:22:14 PM »

He is not getting a free pass, an he shouldn't. We should expect better behavior from those in authority. However, is she a victim though?  I think she consented, maybe she have to show duress or something to bring a case, but from her story she was not "forced". To me this is an ethical and moral issue more so than a criminal one, or did I read wrong. Gonna read again tonight.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #129 on: April 07, 2014, 03:47:59 PM »

Where did she accuse him of sexual assault?

I was referring to the opinion held by some on basis of the content of her declaration.

While I was in the office he closed his door and he hugged me. I thought it was a friendly hug and I started to talk and said I wanted a picture with him and took out my camera and put it on his desk so I wouldn’t forget. He said “just now”, then hugged me again and this time he kissed me first on the cheek and then on my lips. His hands then began sliding under my clothes and he started to fondle my breasts.
I became very angry because I didn’t expect this from him but I didn’t say anything because I was lost for words.
He then told me to take off my clothes and I saw him pull down his pants and underwear and he sat in the chair. I told him I was wearing a bodysuit and he said to come and (sex act specified).
I again went to his office on a Monday six weeks ago and when he saw me he told me to come into an office which we didn’t go in before. He sat at a desk and I said I wanted to ask something upfront, that if every time I come to his office if I had to give him sex or...I told him he made me feel stink. He said he was still helping me, and then pointed to another room.  I said:  “Ain’t I now ask you about that.”   
He didn’t answer but he continued to point to the room. He got up and walked to the room and I followed him.
When we got into the room he told me to undress and he pulled down his pants. I began to ask him why and I did not want to take off my clothes. He told me not to make noise and I stopped talking. He pushed his hands down my top and said he wanted to see my breast...”

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: April 07, 2014, 03:54:38 PM »

He is not getting a free pass, an he shouldn't. We should expect better behavior from those in authority. However, is she a victim though?  I think she consented, maybe she have to show duress or something to bring a case, but from her story she was not "forced". To me this is an ethical and moral issue more so than a criminal one, or did I read wrong. Gonna read again tonight.

one can argue that circumstances would have applied it own force.......the willingness to surrender one's own pride and morals not withstanding.......
I pity the fool....

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: April 07, 2014, 08:10:44 PM »

one can argue that circumstances would have applied it own force.......the willingness to surrender one's own pride and morals not withstanding.......

That's why I put it in quotes.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: April 08, 2014, 07:10:48 AM »
She Someone could have offered it to him willingly ...

Yuh know, that could have set off this idea of a quid pro quo ...

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: April 08, 2014, 06:15:16 PM »
Update

So a Central businessman offer d good lady a bribe to drop the charges she said ok bring d money 2mor. So this time she uses her brain and calls d police. D fella get lock up.

Plus a new thread will have to be started 2mor bout Delmon Baker stay tune 2 d express.

Not even Lifetime or LMN can make this up.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: April 08, 2014, 10:05:43 PM »
Tobago MP reports blackmail to police
Wednesday, April 9 2014

PRIME Minister Kamla Persad-Bissessar last night denies reports that Tobago Development Minister Dr Delmon Baker had resigned from her Cabinet due to allegations of improper conduct.

Speaking with Newsday, Persad-Bissessar, “That is totally untrue. He remains a member of my Government.”

Baker is also the Tobago Organisation of the People (TOP) MP for Tobago West.

Efforts last night to contact Baker were unsuccessful.

A source last night confirmed Baker went to the Port-of-Spain CID at about 4 pm yesterday and made a formal report detailing an attempt to blackmail and extort contracts from him over certain allegations. He gave a statement to the police and urged them to investigate the matter.

He was accompanied by his lawyer Jagdeo Singh and handed over several printouts of emails and other documentary evidence which contained details about the demands made by an individual for State contracts and “assistance”

1]; } ?>