April 28, 2024, 10:07:41 PM

Author Topic: Meanwhile in Jamaica T&F News Thread!  (Read 25290 times)

Offline Socapro

• Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
Stephen Francis labels Usain Bolt a 'nice person', but says he doesn't fit into his philosophy
Published: Wednesday | March 4, 2015 | Shayne Fairman | Jamaica Gleaner

USAIN BOLT… Sets new 100m world record in Beijing 2008

Stephen Francis, head coach of Maximising Velocity and Power (MVP) track club, has revealed he turned down the opportunity to coach double Olympic world record holder Usain Bolt.

"When I got the chance to coach Bolt, I turned it down because coaching Bolt was not my idea of what coaching should be like," he said.

"I know somebody had to coach him, but it is not in me for the easy pass. I like the hardship and challenges," Francis told The Gleaner in an interview.

He added that his style is not about coaching the best athletes at Champs or elsewhere.

"I delight in taking the guy who was fourth, fifth or sixth and try and beat the guy who won," he continued.

Francis lauded Bolt as a unique athlete, with the 28-year-old living legend being the first man to win the 100 metres and 200 metres at consecutive Olympic Games, and the first man to ever win back-to-back gold medals in the sprints.

"At the time, I didn't know he (Bolt) was such a nice person, but coaching for me was never about having the fastest man or woman."

Francis says his role as coach is to make a difference and see athletes achieve more than they imagined.

"I like making a difference and see people achieve more than they could have even thought.

"That is what I like and how I am," he underlined.

The MVP guru conditioned Asafa Powell, who was arguably raw talent at Boys' Champs. He became a world record holder in the 100m from 2005-2008, with times of 9.77 and 9.74 seconds, respectively.

Underdog Position

Another of Francis' charges, Shelly-Ann Fraser-Pryce, was a virtual unknown at age 21, but won 100m gold at the 2008 Olympics.

She is one of three women in the world to win back-to-back Olympic 100m gold medals, and the second woman in history to hold both World and Olympic 100m titles.

"I like when people write us (MVP) off and say this person gone and that person gone, and when we come again, everybody says wow," Francis reasoned.

Francis' achievements with MVP athletes include 18 Olympic medals, 43 World Championship medals, five world records, three Olympic records, and 20 national re-cords since its inception in 1999.

"Sometimes it is almost embarrassing to see the appreciation the Jamaican people have shown for me or the work I have done," he underscored.

"I have love and respect for the Jamaican people; it is their approval that is more important to me than any award."
« Last Edit: March 05, 2015, 06:25:59 AM by Socapro »
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline STMB

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Meanwhile in Jamaica T&F News Thread!
« Reply #31 on: March 08, 2015, 07:24:42 PM »
Jamaica's Christopher Taylor runs 15 year old WR in 400m - 45.69 slowing up

VIDEO:
http://www.trackalerts.com/Videos/christopher-taylor-runs-400m-world-age-group-record-in-kingston/5515/

Offline Socapro

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Christopher Taylor runs 400m World Age Group Record in Kingston (Boys U18)
« Reply #32 on: March 08, 2015, 10:28:32 PM »
Jamaica's Christopher Taylor runs 15 year old WR in 400m - 45.69 slowing up

VIDEO:
http://www.trackalerts.com/Videos/christopher-taylor-runs-400m-world-age-group-record-in-kingston/5515/

Christopher Taylor runs 400m World Age Group Record in Kingston (Boys U18)

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/oLIs8Qa5AmM" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/oLIs8Qa5AmM</a>

Christopher Taylor raced to a world record 400m time on Sunday's final day of Jamaica's 2015 Carifta Games Trials at the National Stadium. Taylor, only 15-year-old, raced down the backstretch before opened his lead into the home straight. The Calabar athlete even had time to ease down across the line in 45.69 seconds.

Boys 400 Meter Run UNDER 18
================================================================================
 Name Age Team Prelims Finals Points
================================================================================
 Section 1 Finals
1 Taylor, Christopher Calabar High 50.07 45.69
2 Ellington, Devaughn Petersfield High 48.07 47.54
3 Ledgister, Loeanardo ST Elizabeth Tech 48.88 48.20

4 Thompson, Achebe Excelsior High 49.34 49.00
5 Smith, Sheldon Munro College 49.50 49.05
6 Lemonious, Phillp Jamaica College 49.17 49.79
7 Morris, Dashawn Kingston College 50.24 50.32
8 Plummer, Romel Munro College 49.62 50.34
« Last Edit: March 09, 2015, 05:43:38 PM by Socapro »
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline Socapro

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Bloomfield 45.41 to win 400m at Carifta Trials (Boys U20)
« Reply #33 on: March 09, 2015, 05:28:35 PM »
Looks like Ja has now got some world class quarter-milers in both the U-18's and U-20's age groups.
Things look bright for them in the future so it looks like we will now have much stiffer competition from JA in the Men's 4x400m Relay come Rio 2016.
Hopefully these fellows are still too young but beyond 2016 I can see Ja Men's 4x4 team causing some serious trouble.

Bloomfield 45.41 to win 400m at Carifta Trials (Boys U20)

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/lNdm7tgBuOo" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/lNdm7tgBuOo</a>

Kingston College's (KC) Akeen Bloomfield made a statement in the 400m on Sunday's final day of Jamaica's Carifta Games Trials at the National Stadium. Bloomfield stopped the lock in 45.41 seconds to take the Under-20 boys 400m final.

Boys 400 Meter Run UNDER 20
=========================================================================
Name Age Team Prelims Finals
=========================================================================
1 Bloomfield, Akeem Kingston College 47.44 45.41
2 Thomas, Terry Greater Portmore 47.81 47.05
3 Black, Robin ST Elizabeth Tech 48.35 47.18

4 Henry, Ivan St. Jago High 48.26 47.31
5 Francis, Aykeeme Calabar High 49.53 47.39
6 Wilson, Renardo Calabar High 47.44 48.06
7 Weller, Demar Calabar High 48.68 48.55
8 Sewell, Collin St. Jago High 48.47 50.16
« Last Edit: March 09, 2015, 05:44:23 PM by Socapro »

Offline Socapro

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
World Record run for Christopher Taylor in Kingston
« Reply #34 on: March 10, 2015, 12:02:54 PM »
World Record run for Christopher Taylor in Kingston
March 8th, 2015 6:12pm (trackalerts.com)

CHRISTOPHER TAYLOR… Sets 400m U18 world age group record at JA 2015 Carifta Trials

Christopher Taylor raced to a world record 400m time on Sunday’s final day of Jamaica’s 2015 Carifta Games Trials at the National Stadium

Taylor, only 15-year-old, raced down the backstretch before opened his lead into the home straight. The Calabar athlete even had time to ease down across the line in 45.69 seconds.

"I am really happy with the win and I did not expect to run that fast," said Taylor.

“I am really comfortable and elated about my performance today. My coach just gave me the instruction to come out here and qualify for the Carifta Games," he added.

Devaughn Ellington of Petersfield was some distance behind Taylor in 45.69. Loeanard Ledgister of STETHS was third in 48.20

The time beat Kirani James’ world age group record for 15-year-old of 45.70 set some six years ago. James is the only athlete to win the 200m and 400m titles at the 2009 World Youth Championships.

James went on to win World and Olympic Games 400m titles in 2011 and 2012.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2015, 11:25:12 PM by Socapro »

Offline Socapro

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Hyde headlines strong Carifta team to St Kitts
« Reply #35 on: March 13, 2015, 04:18:00 PM »
Hyde headlines strong Carifta team to St Kitts
Friday, March 13, 2015 (Jamaica Observer)

Jaheel Hyde (right) of Wolmer’s clears a hurdle ahead of Calabar’s Seanie Selvin (left) on his way to victory in the Under-20 110-metres hurdles event.

MONTEGO BAY, St James -- Christoff Bryan, the US Track & Field and Cross Country Coaches Association (USTFCCCA) field events male athlete and World Junior 400m and Youth Olympic Games 110m hurdles champion Jaheel Hyde will lead a powerful 78-member Jamaican team to the 2015 CARIFTA Games to be held in St Kitts April 3-6.

The Jamaica Athletics Administrative Association (JAAA) released the team yesterday following last weekend's CARIFTA Trials held at the National Stadium in Kingston.

The breakdown of the team sees 18 athletes in the Under-18 section and 21 in both Under-20 sections, for boys and girls.

Jamaica won 89 medals last year -- 42 gold, 34 silver and 13 bronze at the event held in Martinique.

Twelve athletes will defend titles won last year, including Jauavney James who won two individual gold medals.

Lushae Wilson will defend the Under-18 boys high jump, while in the Under-18 girls, Kimone Shaw, Janeek Brown and Lamara Distin will defend their titles.

In the Under-20 girls, Sasha-gay Whyte in the 1500m, Tamara Moncrieff in the triple jump and Rochelle Frazer in the discus are returning champions.

Michael O'Hara is the Under-20 boys 200m champion, Clayton Brown won the high jump, Odaine Lewis won the triple jump and Demar Gayle won the shot put.

Bryan, who lost at CARIFTA Games last year for the first time, beaten by teammate Clayton Brown, has been outstanding in his first season for Kansas State in the high jump, clearing 2.28m indoors at the Tyson Invitational earlier this year.

Hyde, who competed in an individual event for the first time this season when he ran at the CARIFTA Trials, showed he was continuing where he left off last year with a 49.78 seconds in the intermediate hurdles then won the 110m the next day with 13.22 seconds.

World Junior Championships 200m bronze medallist Michael O'Hara, who won the boys Under-20 sprint double last weekend as well as Christopher Taylor and Akeem Bloomfield, who both ran sub 46.00 seconds in the 400m, were also named in the team.

On the female side, Youth Olympic Games 200m champion Natalyiah Whyte, World Youth 100m hurdles champion Yanique Thompson and World Youth 400m bronze medallist Tiffany James are the outstanding athletes named.

-- Paul Reid

Offline Socapro

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Jamaican ‘Champs’ to be streamed online
« Reply #36 on: March 20, 2015, 11:34:53 PM »
Jamaican ‘Champs’ to be streamed online
18 MAR 2015, General News, Kingston, Jamaica

The ISSA/Grace Kennedy Boys and Girls Championships takes place in Jamaica at their National Stadium, Kingston from Tuesday 24th to Saturday 28th March 2015.

The event that birthed Jamaican stars such as Usain Bolt, Shelly-Ann Fraser-Pryce and Yohan Blake, to name just a few, goes global this year with its pay-per-view stream.

Now in its 105th year and widely known as ‘Champs’, the ISSA/Grace Kennedy Boys and Girls Championships showcases the cream of Jamaican athletics talent at the high school level. It is one of the largest, most intense and engaging competitions of its kind in the world.

Running from 24-28 March, the event will be available on a pay-per-view stream at www.1spotevents.com.

‘Champs’ is a platform where more than 1500 young athletes perform each year and new Jamaican stars are born over and over again in front of a filled stadium of up to 27,000 spectators.

Below is a nice preview by Vj Tolan of top 5 races and young talented male Jamaican athletes to look out for.

Top 5 Races To Watch At Boys Champs 2015
March 17, 2015 | Vj Tolan (Island Track)

Boys Champs 2015 is slated to be very close. The top 2 contenders are in high spirits…  especially after the heroic runs of KC’s Bloomfield and Calabar’s Taylor at the Carifta Trials. While the battle for the Mortimer Geddes trophy will be quite interesting, there are many races that will have spectators gripping the edge of their seats. So, without further ado, here are my top 5 races:

Class 1 400m

Martin Manley of St. Jago expected to challenge Akeen Bloomfield for Class 1 400m title

Over the past week, I have seen doctors, lawyers, and professionals argue like children fighting over the last jelly donut in the box… I have had a street vendor tell me that “mi will tek out mi 2 front teeth”, if his prediction doesn’t come through… and I have heard persons say they will bet “any money” on “any day” and “under any circumstance” that their athlete cannot lose. Aykeem Francis of Calabar, Terry Thomas of Greater Portmore, and Robin Black of STETHS have run respectable times of 47.39, 47.05, and 47.18, respectively, this season. None of their names, however, are at the forefront of spectators minds for this year.

Bloomfield registered a world leading 45.41 seconds to obliterate the Carifta Trials field and has set himself up as the man to beat in the final. He is tall, powerful, fast, and maintains long and fluid strides throughout the race. Needless to say, he has the assets to scare anyone in his line-up. But then, how do you scare the reigning World and Olympic Youth 400m Champion? St. Jago’s Martin Manley has tested the best in the World at his age group and has 2 gold medals to show for it. He has a time of 45.89 from 2013, and while he has not looked himself this season, do not be surprised if he claims the gold. His teammate, Nathan Allen, placed second at last year’s Champs behind Javon Francis. He is an excellent competitor and went as fast as 46.11 at last year’s Carifta trials. He has run 10.43 in the 100m this season which is testament to his speed. Running for Vere Technical at Champs 2014, Twayne Crooks placed 7th in the 400m finals and was outclassed by Allen. He is now at KC and has laid down the gauntlet with his superb 45.93 second clocking at the GC Foster Classic and will surely seek to get the better of not only Allen but the entire field.

Twayne Crooks could help make it a KC 1-2 along with Akeen Bloomfield in Class 1 400m

A KC 1-2 finish is beckoning for this race with a ‘fit and healthy’ Bloomfield looking to be the likely winner. Amazingly, KC has 2 athletes who have registered a 45 second run in one season, a feat I believe has never been accomplished by a Jamaican High School before. Momentum going into the race is great and it shall be a good one. For the sake of the street vendors 2 teeth… let’s hope that Bloomfield wins.

Class 2 400m

CHRISTOPHER TAYLOR… Sets 400m U18 world age group record at JA 2015 Carifta Trials

I often notice that dignitaries, politicians, and special guests, usually arrive at the stadium somewhere around 5/6pm when the sun is going down and the place gets a bit cool. However, I wouldn’t be surprised if the Royal Box was filled and the stadium packed by 1.45 pm on Saturday… right before Calabar’s Christopher Taylor takes to the track. The prodigy has set the stage for a new world age group (15 years old) record to be cemented at the Championships  … after he did the unthinkable at the Carifta Trials…. 45.69!

The heats for the 400m are on the Tuesday evening of Champs.. and the conditions are usually cool and calm at that time (ideal for fast times). At Champs 2014, Taylor set the Class 3 record of 48.72 in the heats and went on to run 48.80 in the final. If he wants to put the record to a point of no return (he has another year in the Class so he can break it again next year), he may very well go all out in the heats and leave us all in awe for the rest of the Championship. Although this race will consist of some formidable athletes… including Bann of KC who is expected to return from injury… Taylor should win easily and he’ll run a time that will make us question the accuracy of the clock… He’s that special.

Class 1 110m Hurdles

Jaheel Hyde of Wolmers Class 1 defending champion in the 110m Hurdles

The defending champion, Jaheel Hyde of Wolmer’s, looked very smooth when he cruised to a very impressive time of 13.22 seconds at Carifta Trials. He is the reigning World Youth Champion in the event and as such; it is difficult for anyone to bet against him. While the talented and confident Hyde boasts many accolades… he has only won the 110m hurdles at Champs once (last year) and has lost to Calabar’s Michael Ohara in three consecutive years. Surprisingly, Ohara failed to make the Class 1 110m final last year and hence, did not race against Hyde.

Calabar’s Michael Ohara will challenge Jaheel Hyde for the 110m Hurdles title

Ohara’s best time for the season is a fast 13.57 and he is fully focused on avenging any mishaps he experienced at Champs 2014. He is 3 and 0 against Hyde at Champs and he certainly has no plans to relent. Calabar’s Selvin ran 13.42 to place second behind Hyde at the Carifta Trials and has progressed wonderfully throughout the season… improving every time he runs. He may be a spoiler.

Hyde vs Ohara, the World Junior Record of 12.99 just may go!

Class 3 100m

I cannot pick a favourite for this race… the field is stacked with an abundance of speed. Twayne Garriques of St. Jago made the final last year and ran 11.09 at the GC Foster Classics last weekend. He is now touted as the frontrunner. Green Island’s Javier Johnson is, however, the favourite in the eyes of many track fanatics who want to see the boy from the West conquer the traditional schools. He ran 11.20 to win the Western Champs gold. The KC duo of Oshane Peart and either Tahj Roje Scott or Akeem Smith are true contenders and will be looking to capture the quinella on the Friday night. At the same time, they have been very quiet this season and I do wonder if the powerful KC Class 3 will be adversely affected from their lack of races. The JC duo of Anthony Haslam and Kerron Whyte should also be factors in the final. I understand that Class 4 athlete Daniel Chambers of St. Jago will compete in the 200m.

I definitely expect a close finish in this one.

Class 1 200m

Akeen Bloomfield of Kingston College may do Class 1 200/400m double at Champs

If KC’s Bloomfield does the 200/400m double, and he reports in great shape, then the 200m faceoff between himself and World Junior bronze medallist in the event, Ohara, will be truly epic. Both athletes have the calibre to break Usain Bolt’s record of 20.25 and if the conditions are good, I do expect them to eclipse it. Chad Walker of St. Jago posted 20.97 at the Carifta Trials, untested. He recently stated that he wants the record… and, notably, he will have the luxury of being the most rested going into that final. He may cause some damage. Fans should expect fireworks here as the next era of Jamaica’s world class sprinters will be coming out of this race.

The excitement is brewing and the biggest high school event in the world is only a week away. It’s gonna be great!

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Champs Video Blog, a look at the top boys
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/cgDXIjyfcy8" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/cgDXIjyfcy8</a>
« Last Edit: March 25, 2015, 10:00:16 PM by Socapro »

Offline Socapro

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 24, 2015, 09:07:50 PM »
Link for updated race results: http://issasports.com/results/champs15/

ISSA/Grace Kennedy Boys and Girls Champs 2015
National Stadium, Jamaica
Schedule of Events

Day 1 - Tuesday 3/24/2015 - Starts at 02:00 PM

Event Round
2:00 PM #40 Boys 14-19 Javelin Throw OPEN Prelims
2:00 PM #9 Boys 16-19 Long Jump CLASS 1 BOYS Prelims
2:15 PM #73 Girls 10-12 70 Meter Hurdles CLASS 4 Prelims
2:30 PM #82 Girls 15-16 Shot Put CLASS 2 Prelims
2:35 PM #66 Girls 13-14 80 Meter Hurdles CLASS 3 Prelims
2:40 PM #48 Girls 17-18 High Jump CLASS 1 Prelims
3:05 PM #56 Girls 15-16 100 Meter Hurdles CLASS 2 Prelims
3:15 PM #46 Girls 17-18 100 Meter Hurdles CLASS 1 Prelims
3:25 PM #28 Boys 10-13 100 Meter Hurdles CLASS 3 BOYS Prelims
3:50 PM #17 Boys 14-15 110 Meter Hurdles CLASS 2 BOYS Prelims
4:15 PM #6 Boys 16-19 110 Meter Hurdles CLASS 1 BOYS Prelims
4:15 PM #59 Girls 15-16 Long Jump CLASS 2 Prelims
4:35 PM #63 Girls 13-14 400 Meter Dash CLASS 3 Prelims
4:40 PM #50 Girls 17-18 Discus Throw CLASS 1 Prelims
5:00 PM #25 Boys 10-13 400 Meter Dash CLASS 3 BOYS Prelims
5:30 PM #53 Girls 15-16 400 Meter Dash CLASS 2 Prelims
5:55 PM #14 Boys 14-15 400 Meter Dash CLASS 2 BOYS Prelims
6:00 PM #20 Boys 14-15 Long Jump CLASS 2 BOYS Prelims
6:30 PM #43 Girls 17-18 400 Meter Dash CLASS 1 Prelims
6:45 PM #3 Boys 16-19 400 Meter Dash CLASS 1 BOYS Prelims
7:20 PM #39 Boys 14-19 2000 Meter Steeplechase OPEN Prelims

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Schedule of Events

Day 2 - Wednesday 3/25/2015 - Starts at 08:30 AM

Event Round
8:30 AM #76 Girls 10-12 Long Jump CLASS 4 Prelims
8:30 AM #86 Girls 17-18 Shot Put CLASS 1 Prelims
8:30 AM #11 Boys 16-19 Discus Throw CLASS 1 BOYS Prelims
8:30 AM #38 Decathlon: #1 Boys 14-19 100 Meter Run Finals
8:35 AM #68 Girls 13-14 High Jump CLASS 3 Prelims
8:45 AM #64 Girls 13-14 800 Meter Run CLASS 3 Prelims
9:15 AM #26 Boys 10-13 800 Meter Run CLASS 3 BOYS Prelims
9:55 AM #54 Girls 15-16 800 Meter Run CLASS 2 Prelims
10:20 AM #15 Boys 14-15 800 Meter Run CLASS 2 BOYS Prelims
10:30 AM #38 Decathlon: #2 Boys 14-19 Long Jump Finals
11:00 AM #44 Girls 17-18 800 Meter Run CLASS 1 Prelims
11:15 AM #4 Boys 16-19 800 Meter Run CLASS 1 BOYS Prelims
1:30 PM #70 Girls 13-14 Discus Throw CLASS 3 Prelims
1:30 PM #58 Girls 15-16 High Jump CLASS 2 Prelims
1:35 PM #72 Girls 10-12 200 Meter Dash CLASS 4 Prelims
2:10 PM #62 Girls 13-14 200 Meter Dash CLASS 3 Prelims
2:45 PM #38 Decathlon: #3 Boys 14-19 Shot Put Finals
2:50 PM #24 Boys 10-13 200 Meter Dash CLASS 3 BOYS Prelims
3:25 PM #52 Girls 15-16 200 Meter Dash CLASS 2 Prelims
3:35 PM #30 Boys 10-13 High Jump CLASS 3 BOYS Prelims
3:35 PM #20 Boys 14-15 Long Jump CLASS 2 BOYS Finals
4:10 PM #13 Boys 14-15 200 Meter Dash CLASS 2 BOYS Prelims
4:45 PM #42 Girls 17-18 200 Meter Dash CLASS 1 Prelims
5:05 PM #50 Girls 17-18 Discus Throw CLASS 1 Finals
5:10 PM #2 Boys 16-19 200 Meter Dash CLASS 1 BOYS Prelims
5:30 PM #82 Girls 15-16 Shot Put CLASS 2 Finals
5:40 PM #38 Decathlon: #4 Boys 14-19 High Jump Finals
5:45 PM #78 Girls 13-19 400 Meter Hurdles OPEN Prelims
5:55 PM #9 Boys 16-19 Long Jump CLASS 1 BOYS Finals
6:00 PM #33 Boys 14-19 400 Meter Hurdles OPEN Prelims
6:20 PM #74 Girls 10-12 4x100 Meter Relay CLASS 4 Prelims
6:50 PM #67 Girls 13-14 4x100 Meter Relay CLASS 3 Prelims
7:15 PM #29 Boys 10-13 4x100 Meter Relay CLASS 3 BOYS Prelims
7:45 PM #57 Girls 15-16 4x100 Meter Relay CLASS 2 Prelims
8:10 PM #18 Boys 14-15 4x100 Meter Relay CLASS 2 BOYS Prelims
8:35 PM #47 Girls 17-18 4x100 Meter Relay CLASS 1 Prelims
8:50 PM #7 Boys 16-19 4x100 Meter Relay CLASS 1 BOYS Prelims
9:15 PM #38 Decathlon: #5 Boys 14-19 400 Meter Dash Finals
9:25 PM #85 Girls 13-19 2000 Meter Steeplechase OPEN Finals
9:40 PM #39 Boys 14-19 2000 Meter Steeplechase OPEN Finals

Schedule of Events

Day 3 - Thursday 3/26/2015 - Starts at 08:15 AM

Event Round
8:15 AM #38 Decathlon: #6 Boys 14-19 110 Meter Hurdles Finals
8:30 AM #75 Girls 10-12 High Jump CLASS 4 Prelims
8:30 AM #60 Girls 15-16 Discus Throw CLASS 2 Prelims
8:30 AM #49 Girls 17-18 Long Jump CLASS 1 Prelims
8:30 AM #65 Girls 13-14 1500 Meter Run CLASS 3 Prelims
8:40 AM #21 Boys 14-15 Shot Put CLASS 2 BOYS Prelims
8:50 AM #27 Boys 10-13 1500 Meter Run CLASS 3 BOYS Prelims
9:15 AM #55 Girls 15-16 1500 Meter Run CLASS 2 Prelims
9:35 AM #16 Boys 14-15 1500 Meter Run CLASS 2 BOYS Prelims
10:00 AM #45 Girls 17-18 1500 Meter Run CLASS 1 Prelims
10:00 AM #38 Decathlon: #7 Boys 14-19 Discus Throw Finals
10:10 AM #5 Boys 16-19 1500 Meter Run CLASS 1 BOYS Prelims
10:45 AM #71 Girls 10-12 100 Meter Dash CLASS 4 Prelims
10:50 AM #31 Boys 10-13 Long Jump CLASS 3 BOYS Prelims
10:50 AM #68 Girls 13-14 High Jump CLASS 3 Finals
11:15 AM #61 Girls 13-14 100 Meter Dash CLASS 3 Prelims
11:40 AM #51 Girls 15-16 100 Meter Dash CLASS 2 Prelims
12:00 PM #83 Girls 13-19 Javelin Throw OPEN Prelims
12:10 AM #41 Girls 17-18 100 Meter Dash CLASS 1 Prelims
2:00 PM MEDAL PRESENTATION
Long Jump Classes 1&2 Boys
Shot Put Class 2 Girls
Steeple Chase Boys and Girls
Discus Throw Class 1 Girls
2:00 PM #36 Boys 16-19 Triple Jump CLASS 1 Prelims
2:05 PM #19 Boys 14-15 High Jump CLASS 2 BOYS Prelims
2:10 PM #38 Decathlon: #8 Boys 14-19 Pole Vault Finals
2:15 PM #23 Boys 10-13 100 Meter Dash CLASS 3 BOYS Prelims
2:45 PM #12 Boys 14-15 100 Meter Dash CLASS 2 BOYS Prelims
3:15 PM #1 Boys 16-19 100 Meter Dash CLASS 1 BOYS Prelims
3:15 PM #11 Boys 16-19 Discus Throw CLASS 1 BOYS Finals
3:25 PM #76 Girls 10-12 Long Jump CLASS 4 Finals
3:45 PM #64 Girls 13-14 800 Meter Run CLASS 3 Semis
3:55 PM #26 Boys 10-13 800 Meter Run CLASS 3 BOYS Semis
4:10 PM MEDAL PRESENTATION
4:20 PM #54 Girls 15-16 800 Meter Run CLASS 2 Semis
4:30 PM #15 Boys 14-15 800 Meter Run CLASS 2 BOYS Semis
4:45 PM #44 Girls 17-18 800 Meter Run CLASS 1 Semis
4:55 PM #4 Boys 16-19 800 Meter Run CLASS 1 BOYS Semis
5:00 PM #21 Boys 14-15 Shot Put CLASS 2 BOYS Finals
5:10 PM #30 Boys 10-13 High Jump CLASS 3 BOYS Finals
5:20 PM #32 Boys 14-19 5000 Meter Run OPEN Prelims
5:50 PM #59 Girls 15-16 Long Jump CLASS 2 Finals
5:55 PM #38 Decathlon: #9 Boys 14-19 Javelin Throw Finals
6:00 PM MEDAL PRESENTATION
High Jump Class 3 Girls
6:15 PM #72 Girls 10-12 200 Meter Dash CLASS 4 Semis
6:25 PM #62 Girls 13-14 200 Meter Dash CLASS 3 Semis
6:35 PM #24 Boys 10-13 200 Meter Dash CLASS 3 BOYS Semis
6:45 PM #52 Girls 15-16 200 Meter Dash CLASS 2 Semis
6:55 PM MEDAL PRESENTATION
Long Jump Class 4 Girls
Shot Put Class 2 Boys
High Jump Class 3 Boys
Discus Class 1 boys
7:10 PM #13 Boys 14-15 200 Meter Dash CLASS 2 BOYS Semis
7:20 PM #42 Girls 17-18 200 Meter Dash CLASS 1 Semis
7:30 PM #2 Boys 16-19 200 Meter Dash CLASS 1 BOYS Semis
7:50 PM #79 Girls 13-19 4x400 Meter Relay OPEN Prelims
8:20 PM #34 Boys 14-19 4x400 Meter Relay OPEN Prelims
8:55 PM #38 Decathlon: #10 Boys 14-19 1500 Meter Run Finals

Schedule of Events

Day 4 - Friday 3/27/2015 - Starts at 08:30 AM

Event Round
8:30 AM #81 Girls 13-19 Triple Jump OPEN Finals
8:30 AM #84 Heptathlon: #1 Girls 13-19 100 Meter Hurdles Finals
8:35 AM #83 Girls 13-19 Javelin Throw OPEN Finals
8:35 AM #10 Boys 16-19 Shot Put CLASS 1 BOYS Prelims
8:40 AM #8 Boys 16-19 High Jump CLASS 1 BOYS Prelims
8:45 AM #73 Girls 10-12 70 Meter Hurdles CLASS 4 Semis
9:10 AM #66 Girls 13-14 80 Meter Hurdles CLASS 3 Semis
9:15 AM #56 Girls 15-16 100 Meter Hurdles CLASS 2 Semis
9:25 AM #46 Girls 17-18 100 Meter Hurdles CLASS 1 Semis
9:35 AM #28 Boys 10-13 100 Meter Hurdles CLASS 3 BOYS Semis
9:55 AM #17 Boys 14-15 110 Meter Hurdles CLASS 2 BOYS Semis
10:15 AM #6 Boys 16-19 110 Meter Hurdles CLASS 1 BOYS Semis
10:30 AM #69 Girls 13-14 Long Jump CLASS 3 Prelims
11:00 AM #84 Heptathlon: #2 Girls 13-19 High Jump Finals
1:05 PM #60 Girls 15-16 Discus Throw CLASS 2 Finals
1:10 PM #31 Boys 10-13 Long Jump CLASS 3 BOYS Finals
1:15 PM MEDAL PRESENTATION
Pole Vault Boys
Long Jump Class 2 Girls
Long Jump Class 4 Boys
Decathlon Boys
Javelin Girls
1:35 PM #63 Girls 13-14 400 Meter Dash CLASS 3 Semis
1:40 PM #75 Girls 10-12 High Jump CLASS 4 Finals
1:45 PM #25 Boys 10-13 400 Meter Dash CLASS 3 BOYS Semis
1:55 PM #53 Girls 15-16 400 Meter Dash CLASS 2 Semis
2:05 PM #14 Boys 14-15 400 Meter Dash CLASS 2 BOYS Semis
2:15 AM #43 Girls 17-18 400 Meter Dash CLASS 1 Semis
2:25 PM #3 Boys 16-19 400 Meter Dash CLASS 1 BOYS Semis
2:40 PM #71 Girls 10-12 100 Meter Dash CLASS 4 Semis
3:00 PM #61 Girls 13-14 100 Meter Dash CLASS 3 Semis
3:05 PM #70 Girls 13-14 Discus Throw CLASS 3 Finals
3:10 PM #23 Boys 10-13 100 Meter Dash CLASS 3 BOYS Semis
3:15 PM #87 Boys 14-15 Triple Jump CLASS 2 Prelims
3:20 PM #51 Girls 15-16 100 Meter Dash CLASS 2 Semis
3:30 PM #12 Boys 14-15 100 Meter Dash CLASS 2 BOYS Semis
3:40 PM #41 Girls 17-18 100 Meter Dash CLASS 1 Semis
3:50 PM #1 Boys 16-19 100 Meter Dash CLASS 1 BOYS Semis
4:05 PM #80 Girls 13-19 1600 Sprint Medley OPEN Prelims
4:35 PM #35 Boys 14-19 1600 Sprint Medley OPEN Prelims
5:10 PM- 6:00 PM CEREMONY FOR HONOREES
6:05 PM MEDAL PRESENTATION
High Jump Class 1 Girls
Discus Class 2 Girls
Long Jump Class 3 Girls
6:10 PM #37 Boys 14-19 Pole Vault OPEN Finals
6:10 PM #22 Boys 14-15 Discus Throw CLASS 2 BOYS Prelims
6:15 PM #48 Girls 17-18 High Jump CLASS 1 Finals
6:20 PM #84 Heptathlon: #3 Girls 13-19 Shot Put Finals
6:20 PM #36 Boys 16-19 Triple Jump CLASS 1 Finals
6:25 PM #65 Girls 13-14 1500 Meter Run CLASS 3 Finals
6:30 PM #27 Boys 10-13 1500 Meter Run CLASS 3 BOYS Finals
6:35 PM #55 Girls 15-16 1500 Meter Run CLASS 2 Finals
6:45 PM #16 Boys 14-15 1500 Meter Run CLASS 2 BOYS Finals
6:50 PM #45 Girls 17-18 1500 Meter Run CLASS 1 Finals
7:00 PM #5 Boys 16-19 1500 Meter Run CLASS 1 BOYS Finals
7:10 PM MEDAL PRESENTATION
Discus Class 3 Girls
Triple Jump Class 2 Boys
1500m Classes 3 & 2 Girls
1500m Classes 3 & 2 Boys
7:25 PM #78 Girls 13-19 400 Meter Hurdles OPEN Finals
7:35 PM #33 Boys 14-19 400 Meter Hurdles OPEN Finals
7:40 PM MEDAL PRESENTATION
1500m Class 1 Girls
1500m Class 1 Boys
7:45 PM #71 Girls 10-12 100 Meter Dash CLASS 4 Finals
7:50 PM #61 Girls 13-14 100 Meter Dash CLASS 3 Finals
7:55 PM #23 Boys 10-13 100 Meter Dash CLASS 3 BOYS Finals
8:05 PM #51 Girls 15-16 100 Meter Dash CLASS 2 Finals
8:10 PM #12 Boys 14-15 100 Meter Dash CLASS 2 BOYS Finals
8:20 PM #41 Girls 17-18 100 Meter Dash CLASS 1 Finals
8:25 PM #1 Boys 16-19 100 Meter Dash CLASS 1 BOYS Finals
8:30 PM MEDAL PRESENTATION
Triple Jump Class 1 Boys
High Jump Class 4 Girls
100m Classes 4, 3 & 2 Girls
400m Hurdles Girls & Boys
100m Classes 3 & 2 Boys
8:40 PM #84 Heptathlon: #4 Girls 13-19 200 Meter Run Finals
8:45 PM MEDAL PRESENTATION
100m Class 1 Girls
100m Class 1 Boys

Schedule of Events

Day 5 - Saturday 3/28/2015 - Starts at 01:30 PM

Event Round
1:30 PM #40 Boys 14-19 Javelin Throw OPEN Finals
1:30 PM #84 Heptathlon: #5 Girls 13-19 Long Jump Finals
2:05 PM #58 Girls 15-16 High Jump CLASS 2 Finals
2:15 PM #63 Girls 13-14 400 Meter Dash CLASS 3 Finals
2:20 PM #25 Boys 10-13 400 Meter Dash CLASS 3 BOYS Finals
2:25 PM #53 Girls 15-16 400 Meter Dash CLASS 2 Finals
2:30 PM #14 Boys 14-15 400 Meter Dash CLASS 2 BOYS Finals
2:35 PM #43 Girls 17-18 400 Meter Dash CLASS 1 Finals
2:40 PM #3 Boys 16-19 400 Meter Dash CLASS 1 BOYS Finals
2:45 PM MEDAL PRESENTATION
400m Girls Classes 3 & 2
400m Boys Classes 3 & 2
2:55 PM #86 Girls 17-18 Shot Put CLASS 1 Finals
2:55 PM #73 Girls 10-12 70 Meter Hurdles CLASS 4 Finals
3:05 PM #66 Girls 13-14 80 Meter Hurdles CLASS 3 Finals
3:10 PM #69 Girls 13-14 Long Jump CLASS 3 Finals
3:10 PM MEDAL PRESENTATION
400m Class 1 Girls
400m Class 1 Boys
Javelin Boys
3:15 PM #56 Girls 15-16 100 Meter Hurdles CLASS 2 Finals
3:35 PM #46 Girls 17-18 100 Meter Hurdles CLASS 1 Finals
3:40 PM #28 Boys 10-13 100 Meter Hurdles CLASS 3 BOYS Finals
3:40 PM #19 Boys 14-15 High Jump CLASS 2 BOYS Finals
3:45 PM #22 Boys 14-15 Discus Throw CLASS 2 BOYS Finals
3:50 PM MEDAL PRESENTATION
High Jump Class 2 Girls
70m Hurdles Class 4 Girls
80m Hurdles Class 3 Girls
100m Hurdles Class 2 Girls
4:00 PM #17 Boys 14-15 110 Meter Hurdles CLASS 2 BOYS Finals
4:10 PM #6 Boys 16-19 110 Meter Hurdles CLASS 1 BOYS Finals
4:15 PM MEDAL PRESENTATION
100m Hurdles Class 1 Girls
100m Hurdles Class 3 Boys
4:20 PM #64 Girls 13-14 800 Meter Run CLASS 3 Finals
4:25 PM #26 Boys 10-13 800 Meter Run CLASS 3 BOYS Finals
4:30 PM #54 Girls 15-16 800 Meter Run CLASS 2 Finals
4:35 PM #15 Boys 14-15 800 Meter Run CLASS 2 BOYS Finals
4:40 PM #44 Girls 17-18 800 Meter Run CLASS 1 Finals
4:45 PM #4 Boys 16-19 800 Meter Run CLASS 1 BOYS Finals
4:45 PM #10 Boys 16-19 Shot Put CLASS 1 BOYS Finals
4:50 PM MEDAL PRESENTATION
110m Hurdles Classes 1 & 2 Boys
800m Classes 3 & 2 Boys
800m Classes 3 & 2 Girls
5:00 PM #72 Girls 10-12 200 Meter Dash CLASS 4 Finals
5:05 PM #49 Girls 17-18 Long Jump CLASS 1 Finals
5:10 PM #62 Girls 13-14 200 Meter Dash CLASS 3 Finals
5:15 PM #24 Boys 10-13 200 Meter Dash CLASS 3 BOYS Finals
5:20 PM #52 Girls 15-16 200 Meter Dash CLASS 2 Finals
5:25 PM #13 Boys 14-15 200 Meter Dash CLASS 2 BOYS Finals
5:30 PM #8 Boys 16-19 High Jump CLASS 1 BOYS Finals
5:35 PM #42 Girls 17-18 200 Meter Dash CLASS 1 Finals
5:40 PM #2 Boys 16-19 200 Meter Dash CLASS 1 BOYS Finals
5:45 PM #84 Heptathlon: #6 Girls 13-19 Javelin Throw Finals
5:45 PM MEDAL PRESENTATION
High Jump Class 2 Boys
Long Jump Class 3 Girls
Discus Class 2 Boys
800m Class 1 Boys
800m Class 1 Girls
200m Classes 4, 3 & 2 Girls
200m Classes 3 & 2 Boys
6:00 PM #80 Girls 13-19 1600 Sprint Medley OPEN Finals
6:10 PM #35 Boys 14-19 1600 Sprint Medley OPEN Finals
6:15 PM #77 Girls 13-19 3000 Meter Run OPEN Finals
6:30 PM MEDAL PRESENTATION
6:35 PM #87 Boys 14-15 Triple Jump CLASS 2 Finals
6:40 PM PRINCIPALS 8X50M RELAY
6:50 PM #47 Girls 17-18 4x100 Meter Relay CLASS 1 Finals
6:55 PM #7 Boys 16-19 4x100 Meter Relay CLASS 1 BOYS Finals
7:00 PM #57 Girls 15-16 4x100 Meter Relay CLASS 2 Finals
7:10 PM #18 Boys 14-15 4x100 Meter Relay CLASS 2 BOYS Finals
7:15 PM #67 Girls 13-14 4x100 Meter Relay CLASS 3 Finals
7:20 PM #29 Boys 10-13 4x100 Meter Relay CLASS 3 BOYS Finals
7:25 PM #74 Girls 10-12 4x100 Meter Relay CLASS 4 Finals
7:35 PM #84 Heptathlon: #7 Girls 13-19 800 Meter Run Finals
7:40 PM MEDAL PRESENTATION
200m Class 1 Boys
200m Class 1 Girls
Medley Relay Boys
Medley Relay Girls
3000m Girls
4x100m Classes 1 & 2 Boys
4x100m Classes 1 & 2 Girls
7:50 PM #32 Boys 14-19 5000 Meter Run OPEN Finals
8:20 PM MEDAL PRESENTATION
High Jump Class 1 Boys
Long Jump Class 1 Girls
4x100m Class 3 Boys
4x100m Class 4 Girls
Heptathlon Open Girls
8:35 PM #79 Girls 13-19 4x400 Meter Relay OPEN Finals
8:40 PM #34 Boys 14-19 4x400 Meter Relay OPEN Finals
8:45PM CLOSING CEREMONY
« Last Edit: March 28, 2015, 07:04:48 PM by Socapro »

Offline Socapro

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 25, 2015, 09:53:53 PM »
Champs Video Blog: Day 1 Review
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/uH1PxOuskxI" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/uH1PxOuskxI</a>

Schedule of Events

Day 1 - Tuesday 3/24/2015 - Starts at 02:00 PM

#40 Boys 14-19 Javelin Throw OPEN Prelims
#9 Boys 16-19 Long Jump CLASS 1 BOYS Prelims
#73 Girls 10-12 70 Meter Hurdles CLASS 4 Prelims
#82 Girls 15-16 Shot Put CLASS 2 Prelims
#66 Girls 13-14 80 Meter Hurdles CLASS 3 Prelims
#48 Girls 17-18 High Jump CLASS 1 Prelims
#56 Girls 15-16 100 Meter Hurdles CLASS 2 Prelims
#59 Girls 15-16 Long Jump CLASS 2 Prelims
#63 Girls 13-14 400 Meter Dash CLASS 3 Prelims
#50 Girls 17-18 Discus Throw CLASS 1 Prelims
#25 Boys 10-13 400 Meter Dash CLASS 3 BOYS Prelims
#53 Girls 15-16 400 Meter Dash CLASS 2 Prelims
#14 Boys 14-15 400 Meter Dash CLASS 2 BOYS Prelims
#20 Boys 14-15 Long Jump CLASS 2 BOYS Prelims
#43 Girls 17-18 400 Meter Dash CLASS 1 Prelims
#3 Boys 16-19 400 Meter Dash CLASS 1 BOYS Prelims
#39 Boys 14-19 2000 Meter Steeplechase OPEN Prelims

Event 14  Boys 14-15 400 Meter Dash CLASS 2 BOYS
================================================================             
 Sponsor: RAINBOW AWNINGS                                                     
 Meet Record: R 46.64  3/16/2013   Devaughn Baker, Jamaica Coll               
    Name                    Year School                 Prelims               
Heat  1 Preliminaries                                                         
  1 Christopher Taylor           Calabar High             47.25Q             
  2 Keco Morrison                Morant Bay High          49.87Q             
  3 Hakeem Russell               Pembroke Hall High       51.98               
  4 Chrisjunior Coleman          Manchester High          53.04               
  5 Paul Bowen                   Grange Hill High         54.10               
  6 Marcus Ewers                 Vauxhall High            56.24               
 -- Enrique Campbell             Dinthill Tech              DNF               
Heat  2 Preliminaries                                                         
  1 Anthony Carpenter            Calabar High             48.34Q             
  2 Gary Gordon                  St. Jago High            50.15Q             
  3 Shamar Beckford              Muschett High            51.01q

4 Jahvarrie Johnson            Mavis Bank High          51.22               
  5 Tyrone Williams              Spaldings High           51.83               
  6 Yanique Barrett              Old Harbour High         52.00               
  7 Richardo Nelson              Brown's Town High        55.03               
Heat  3 Preliminaries                                                         
  1 Jauavney James               St. Elizabeth            49.83Q             
  2 Dashawn Morris               Kingston College         50.23Q             
  3 Andy Williams                St. Jago High            50.73q

4 Matthew Brown                Meadowbrook High         51.19               
  5 Oshane Staple                Lacovia High             53.40               
  6 Keno Johnson                 Albert Town High         53.45  RULE 163.3   
 -- Shemar Jones                 Greater Portmore            DQ               
Heat  4 Preliminaries                                                         
  1 Achebe Thompson              Excelsior High           49.82Q             
  2 Franklyn Dunkley             St. Andrew Tech          50.12Q             
  3 Leonardo Stewart             B. B. Coke High          50.56q             
  4 Kristoff Walters             Lacovia High             50.79q             
  5 Rod Stewart                  Frome Technical          50.96q

6 Johnathan Grant              St. Mary High            52.65               
  7 Romell Lennox                Waterford High           54.51               
Heat  5 Preliminaries                                                         
  1 Sheldon Smith                Munro College            49.81Q             
  2 Romario Mickiel              Manchester High          50.64Q             
  3 Akeem Thomas                 Wolmer's High            50.87q

4 Allix Armstrong              Mona High                51.74               
  5 Maneesh Vassell              Rhodes Hall High         52.56               
  6 Brandon Phillips             Cornwall College         53.05               
  7 Samuel Smith                 Herbert Morrison         55.72               
  8 Maurice Thompson             Papine High              55.91               
Heat  6 Preliminaries                                                         
  1 Leonardo Ledgister           St. Elizabeth            49.67Q             
  2 Ricardo Henry                Bellefield High          51.45Q

3 Devontae Daley               Troy High                51.53               
  4 David Mattis                 Mona High                55.31               
  5 Taffari Edwards              Foga Road High           55.50               
 -- Paul Henry                   Gaynstead High              DQ  RULE 163.3   
Heat  7 Preliminaries                                                         
  1 Romel Plummer                Munro College            49.78Q             
  2 Phillip Lemonious            Jamaica College          50.11Q

3 Sean Wilson                  Wolmer's High            51.23               
  4 Amechie Allen                Greater Portmore         51.50               
  5 Gareth Robinson              Fair Prospect High       53.93               
  6 Devondre Armstrong           Cedric Titus High        54.17               
  7 Courtney Lecky               Donald Quarrie High      55.99               
Heat  8 Preliminaries                                                         
  1 Travis Williams              Gaynstead High           49.92Q             
  2 Maleik Smith                 Jamaica College          50.43Q

3 Andre Foster                 Mile Gully High          52.28               
  4 Sean Kalawan                 Petersfield High         52.91               
  5 Thomas Shavoy                Claude McKay High        55.58               
  6 Nathan Johnson               Spaldings High           57.18               
  7 Tarique Pinnock              Tarrant High             57.38               
 -- Shakquor Thompson            Vauxhall High               DQ  RULE 163.3   
Heat  9 Preliminaries                                                         
  1 Tyreke Bryan                 Kingston College         49.63Q             
  2 Malik Smith                  Bridgeport High          50.05Q

3 Rasheed Fasanya              St. George's             51.44               
  4 Joseph Mckenzie              Denbigh High             51.62               
  5 Dean Brown                   Glenmuir High            53.18               
  6 Micah Brown                  Meadowbrook High         53.42               
  7 Akeem Daley                  Dinthill Tech            53.48               
  8 Peter Laing                  Tacius Golding High      53.67               
===================================================================           
    Name                    Year School                 Prelims  H#           
Preliminaries                                                                 
  1 Christopher Taylor           Calabar High             47.25Q  1           
  2 Anthony Carpenter            Calabar High             48.34Q  2           
  3 Tyreke Bryan                 Kingston College         49.63Q  9           
  4 Leonardo Ledgister           St. Elizabeth            49.67Q  6           
  5 Romel Plummer                Munro College            49.78Q  7           
  6 Sheldon Smith                Munro College            49.81Q  5           
  7 Achebe Thompson              Excelsior High           49.82Q  4           
  8 Jauavney James               St. Elizabeth            49.83Q  3           
  9 Travis Williams              Gaynstead High           49.92Q  8           
 10 Keco Morrison                Morant Bay High          49.87Q  1           
 11 Malik Smith                  Bridgeport High          50.05Q  9           
 12 Phillip Lemonious            Jamaica College          50.11Q  7           
 13 Franklyn Dunkley             St. Andrew Tech          50.12Q  4           
 14 Gary Gordon                  St. Jago High            50.15Q  2           
 15 Dashawn Morris               Kingston College         50.23Q  3           
 16 Maleik Smith                 Jamaica College          50.43Q  8           
 17 Romario Mickiel              Manchester High          50.64Q  5           
 18 Ricardo Henry                Bellefield High          51.45Q  6           
 19 Leonardo Stewart             B. B. Coke High          50.56q  4           
 20 Andy Williams                St. Jago High            50.73q  3           
 21 Kristoff Walters             Lacovia High             50.79q  4           
 22 Akeem Thomas                 Wolmer's High            50.87q  5           
 23 Rod Stewart                  Frome Technical          50.96q  4           
 24 Shamar Beckford              Muschett High            51.01q  2

Event 3  Boys 16-19 400 Meter Dash CLASS 1 BOYS
 Sponsor: JTA CO-OP CREDIT UNION                                             
 Meet Record: R 45.00  3/29/2014   Javon Francis, Calabar High               
Heat  1 Preliminaries                                                         
  1 Akeem Bloomfield             Kingston College         48.16Q             
  2 Fabian Murry                 Munro College            48.33Q             
  3 Kemar Chin                   Holmwood Techn           48.39q

4 Romaine Wong                 Clan Carthy High         50.78               
  5 Keddar Stanley               Bog Walk High            51.21               
  6 Raphael Walker               Seaforth High            55.09               
Heat  2 Preliminaries                                                         
  1 Twayne Crooks                Kingston College         47.23Q             
  2 Caniggia Harriott            Munro College            48.41Q

3 Delano Thomas                Vauxhall High            49.80               
  4 Dijon Scott                  Lacovia High             50.77               
  5 Lenroy Brown                 Vere Technical High      51.16               
  6 Bernell Galloway             Kemps Hill High          51.88               
  7 Raygon Hyatt                 Tacky High               53.81               
Heat  3 Preliminaries                                                         
  1 Nathon Allen                 St. Jago High            48.22Q             
  2 Mazinho Barrett              Garvey Maceo High        48.93Q             
  3 Julius Lewis                 Greater Portmore         49.73q

4 Prince Bernard               Little London High       50.17               
  5 Tyrone Henry                 York Castle High         50.97               
  6 Sanjay Brown                 Vauxhall High            51.77               
  7 Akeem Hurd                   Donald Quarrie High      52.32               
Heat  4 Preliminaries                                                         
  1 Renado Wilson                Calabar High             48.20Q             
  2 Okeen Williams               St. Elizabeth            48.77Q             
  3 Romarieo Turner              Mona High                49.18q

4 Javian Harris                William Knibb            49.88               
  5 Trevaughn Hyman              Spaldings High           50.39               
  6 Ran Rose                     Cedric Titus High        51.09               
  7 Jordain Minott               Old Harbour High         52.34               
Heat  5 Preliminaries                                                         
  1 Romario Williams             Muschett High            48.20Q             
  2 Devaughn Baker               Jamaica College          48.69Q

3 Shavane Bowman               Bog Walk High            49.95               
  4 Jason Gordon                 Spaldings High           51.51               
  5 Noxroy Wright                Pembroke Hall High       53.79               
 -- Johnoy Brown                 Fair Prospect High          DQ  RULE 163.3   
Heat  6 Preliminaries                                                         
  1 Terry Thomas                 Greater Portmore         48.12Q             
  2 Delon Cauldwell              St. Andrew Tech          49.29Q

3 Junior Brown                 Hydel High               49.75               
  4 Stephan Powell               Morant Bay High          50.95               
  5 Orlando Fisher               Green Pond High          51.28               
  6 Makonnen Planter             Herbert Morrison         51.64               
  7 Kevon Miller                 Rhodes Hall High         53.54               
Heat  7 Preliminaries                                                         
  1 Jordon Scott                 Petersfield High         48.60Q             
  2 Robin Black                  St. Elizabeth            48.80Q             
  3 Dennis Sterling              Guys Hill High           49.39q             
  4 Travis Jackson               Garvey Maceo High        49.75q

5 Nicholas Francis             Camperdown High          51.69               
  6 Ashani Levy                  Bellefield High          52.85               
  7 Ricardo Mckenzie             Cornwall College         57.20               
Heat  8 Preliminaries                                                         
  1 Martin Manley                St. Jago High            48.23Q             
  2 Aykeeme Francis              Calabar High             48.50Q             
  3 Romario Ferron               Hydel High               49.34q

4 Fostena Johnson              Wolmer's High            49.93               
  5 Ricardo Hall                 Vere Technical High      51.07               
  6 Nealon Mckenzie              Marcus Garve             51.27               
  7 Mario Brown                  St. Thomas Tech          54.09               
  8 Chevon Brooks                Foga Road High           54.30               
Heat  9 Preliminaries                                                         
  1 Shawndail McLaren            Jamaica College          48.10Q             
  2 Devaughn Ellington           Petersfield High         48.37Q

3 Kahjay Morris                Charlemont High          50.55               
  4 Telphia Hines                Donald Quarrie High      51.00               
  5 Tafari Ellis                 Frome Technical          51.20               
  6 Oshane Campbell              Tacius Golding High      55.27               
    Name                    Year School                 Prelims  H#           
Preliminaries                                                                 
  1 Twayne Crooks                Kingston College         47.23Q  2           
  2 Shawndail McLaren            Jamaica College          48.10Q  9           
  3 Terry Thomas                 Greater Portmore         48.12Q  6           
  4 Akeem Bloomfield             Kingston College         48.16Q  1           
  5 Renado Wilson                Calabar High             48.20Q  4           
  6 Romario Williams             Muschett High            48.20Q  5           
  7 Nathon Allen                 St. Jago High            48.22Q  3           
  8 Martin Manley                St. Jago High            48.23Q  8           
  9 Jordon Scott                 Petersfield High         48.60Q  7           
 10 Fabian Murry                 Munro College            48.33Q  1           
 11 Devaughn Ellington           Petersfield High         48.37Q  9           
 12 Caniggia Harriott            Munro College            48.41Q  2           
 13 Aykeeme Francis              Calabar High             48.50Q  8           
 14 Devaughn Baker               Jamaica College          48.69Q  5           
 15 Okeen Williams               St. Elizabeth            48.77Q  4           
 16 Robin Black                  St. Elizabeth            48.80Q  7           
 17 Mazinho Barrett              Garvey Maceo High        48.93Q  3           
 18 Delon Cauldwell              St. Andrew Tech          49.29Q  6           
 19 Kemar Chin                   Holmwood Techn           48.39q  1           
 20 Romarieo Turner              Mona High                49.18q  4           
 21 Romario Ferron               Hydel High               49.34q  8           
 22 Dennis Sterling              Guys Hill High           49.39q  7           
 23 Julius Lewis                 Greater Portmore         49.73q  3           
 24 Travis Jackson               Garvey Maceo High        49.75q  7

« Last Edit: March 29, 2015, 07:23:50 AM by Socapro »

Offline Socapro

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 27, 2015, 12:10:57 AM »
Champs Video Blog, Day 2 Review
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/vPwxBMC-qYY" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/vPwxBMC-qYY</a>

Schedule of Events

Day 2 - Wednesday 3/25/2015 - Starts at 08:30 AM

Event 2  Boys 16-19 200 Meter Dash CLASS 1 BOYS
 Sponsor: LIME                                                         
 Meet Record: R 20.25  2003        USAIN BOLT, WILLIAM KNIBB           
Heat  1 Preliminaries   Wind: 1.9                                       
  1 Shivnarine Smalling          Kingston College         21.31Q       
  2 Martin Manley                St. Jago High            21.31Q       
  3 Tarik Morrison               Munro College            21.46q

4 Joshua Mcdowell              Manchester High          22.28         
  5 Shavane Bowman               Bog Walk High            22.46         
  6 Christopher Wright           Petersfield High         22.60         
  7 Dijon Scott                  Lacovia High             22.78         
Heat  2 Preliminaries   Wind: 1.1                                       
  1 Michael O'Hara               Calabar High             21.02Q       
  2 Johnoy Brown                 Fair Prospect High       21.87Q       
  3 Brandon Robinson             Camperdown High          21.94q

4 Nealon Mckenzie              Marcus Garve             22.41         
  5 Ricaedo Henriques            Papine High              22.98         
  6 Dillon Ellis                 Bellefield High          23.30         
  7 Ryon Sparks                  Claude McKay High        23.42         
Heat  3 Preliminaries   Wind: -0.4                                     
  1 Chad Walker                  St. Jago High            21.29Q       
  2 Jahnoy Thompson              Manchester High          21.72Q       
  3 Lorenzo Cooper               St. George's             21.73q       
  4 Javoy Tucker                 Wolmer's High            21.87q

5 Lynval Whyte                 Pembroke Hall High       22.42         
  6 Akeem Blake                  Edith Dalton             22.93         
  7 Khalie Romans                Waterford High           23.09         
  8 Randae Baptiste              Denbigh High             23.10         
Heat  4 Preliminaries   Wind: 1.8                                       
  1 Nigel Ellis                  St. Elizabeth            21.16Q       
  2 Roshane Blake                Bridgeport High          21.88Q

3 Neeno Symister               Green Island High        22.09         
  4 Stephan Powell               Morant Bay High          22.13         
  5 Delano Thomas                Vauxhall High            22.25         
  6 Kahjay Morris                Charlemont High          22.47         
  7 Tajj Anderson                Titchfield High          22.68         
  8 Jevaun Powell                Mona High                23.22         
Heat  5 Preliminaries   Wind: 1.0                                       
  1 Hujaye Cornwall              St. Elizabeth            21.26Q       
  2 Seanie Selvin                Calabar High             21.32Q       
  3 Mazinho Barrett              Garvey Maceo High        21.91q

4 Roshain Malcolm              William Knibb            22.00         
  5 Justin Evans                 DeCarteret College       22.03         
  6 Junior Reid                  St. Mary High            22.16         
  7 Romone Clarke                Innswood High            23.64         
 -- Davion Broomfield            May Day High               DNF         
Heat  6 Preliminaries   Wind: 0.9                                       
  1 Devaughn Baker               Jamaica College          21.57Q       
  2 Okeem White                  Green Pond High          21.82Q       
  3 Chidi Hibbert                St. Mary High            21.93q

4 Delano Bailey                Troy High                22.33         
  5 Tyrone Lynch                 Greater Portmore         22.87         
  6 Demario Barwise              Rhodes Hall High         22.92         
  7 Makonnen Planter             Herbert Morrison         23.01         
  8 Tyrone Henry                 York Castle High         23.09         
Heat  7 Preliminaries   Wind: 0.8                                       
  1 Twayne Crooks                Kingston College         21.23Q       
  2 Romario Ferron               Hydel High               22.05Q

3 Orlando Fisher               Green Pond High          22.14         
  4 Schadrique Griffiths         Papine High              22.28         
  5 Kevin Gordon                 Rusea's High             22.41         
  6 Jordain Minott               Old Harbour High         22.86         
  7 Oshane Campbell              Tacius Golding High      23.09         
  8 Necoa Francis                Dinthill Tech            23.58         
Heat  8 Preliminaries   Wind: 1.6                                       
  1 Akeemo Minott                St. George's             21.65Q       
  2 Odane Bernard                Donald Quarrie High      21.83Q

3 Richard Curtis               Vauxhall High            21.99         
  4 Anntoneo Haughton            St. Catherine High       22.03         
  5 Christopher Bent             Herbert Morrison         22.08         
  6 Raheame Leavine              Petersfield High         22.09         
  7 Rodjae Drummond              Green Island High        22.42         
  8 Tafari Ellis                 Frome Technical          23.08         
Heat  9 Preliminaries   Wind: 0.1                                       
  1 Micheal Campbell             Jamaica College          21.43Q       
  2 Rushane Edwards              Munro College            21.62Q

3 Andre Rambana                Wolmer's High            22.06         
  4 Ackeme Rae                   Buff Bay High            22.25         
  5 Alexander Johnson            Old Harbour High         22.89         
  6 Ricardo Fearon               Vere Technical High      22.97         
  7 Kadran Goldson               Maggotty High            23.31         
========================================================================
    Name                    Year School                 Prelims  Wind H#
Preliminaries                                                           
  1 Michael O'Haro               Calabar High             21.02Q  1.1  2
  2 Nigel Ellis                  St. Elizabeth            21.16Q  1.8  4
  3 Twayne Crooks                Kingston College         21.23Q  0.8  7
  4 Hujaye Cornwall              St. Elizabeth            21.26Q  1.0  5
  5 Chad Walker                  St. Jago High            21.29Q -0.4  3
  6 Shivnarine Smalling          Kingston College         21.31Q  1.9  1
  7 Micheal Campbell             Jamaica College          21.43Q  0.1  9
  8 Devaughn Baker               Jamaica College          21.57Q  0.9  6
  9 Akeemo Minott                St. George's             21.65Q  1.6  8
 10 Martin Manley                St. Jago High            21.31Q  1.9  1
 11 Seanie Selvin                Calabar High             21.32Q  1.0  5
 12 Rushane Edwards              Munro College            21.62Q  0.1  9
 13 Jahnoy Thompson              Manchester High          21.72Q -0.4  3
 14 Okeem White                  Green Pond High          21.82Q  0.9  6
 15 Odane Bernard                Donald Quarrie High      21.83Q  1.6  8
 16 Johnoy Brown                 Fair Prospect High       21.87Q  1.1  2
 17 Roshane Blake                Bridgeport High          21.88Q  1.8  4
 18 Romario Ferron               Hydel High               22.05Q  0.8  7
 19 Tarik Morrison               Munro College            21.46q  1.9  1
 20 Lorenzo Cooper               St. George's             21.73q -0.4  3
 21 Javoy Tucker                 Wolmer's High            21.87q -0.4  3
 22 Mazinho Barrett              Garvey Maceo High        21.91q  1.0  5
 23 Chidi Hibbert                St. Mary High            21.93q  0.9  6
 24 Brandon Robinson             Camperdown High          21.94q  1.1  2

Event 9  Boys 16-19 Long Jump CLASS 1 BOYS
============================================================================   
 Sponsor: TVJ                                                                   
 Meet Record: R 7.87m  1993        LEON GORDON, VERE TECHNICAL                 
                6.80m  Q Qualify to final                                       
    Name              Year School                  Finals        Wind Points   
O'brien Wasome 7.71m wins C1 boys long jump final + Interview Champs 2015
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/S1J7Rxcuc-E" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/S1J7Rxcuc-E</a>
Finals                                                                         
  1 Obrien Wasome          Jamaica College          7.71m        -0.9   9       
  2 Travis Riley           Calabar High             7.40m        -0.6   7       
  3 Alrick Ottey           Cornwall College         7.36m        -0.1   6

4 Odaine Lewis           Cornwall College         7.17m        -0.6   5       
  5 Ajani James            Jamaica College         J7.17m        -2.4   4       
  6 Jullane Walker         Calabar High             7.06m        -0.2   3       
  7 Shown-D Thompson       St. Jago High            7.03m        -0.1   2       
  8 Lexux Brown            St. Elizabeth            6.85m        -0.7   1       
  9 Gavin Gibson           Kingston College         6.84m        -0.8           
 10 Carlington Moulton     St. George's             6.65m        -1.1           
 10 Tasrico Bell           Vere Technical High      6.65m        -0.4           
 12 Jordan Scott           Campion College          6.64m        -0.2           
 13 Lorne Barrett          Campion College          6.63m        -0.1           
 14 Javier Ogilvie         Wolmer's High            6.45m        -2.6           
 15 Ouekie Wright          St. Elizabeth            6.40m        -0.6           
 16 Daniel Clarke          Herbert Morrison         6.35m        -0.3           

Event 7  Boys 16-19 4x100 Meter Relay CLASS 1 BOYS
 Sponsor: GRACE KENNEDY                                           
 Meet Record: R 39.35  3/29/2014   Calabar High, Calabar High     
                       J Francis, J Walker, J Fowler, M O'haro     
    School                                              Prelims   
Heat  1 Preliminaries                                             
  1 Calabar High                                          40.04Q   
  2 Munro College                                         41.32q

3 Vauxhall High                                         41.84   
  4 Cornwall College                                      42.14   
  5 Camperdown High                                       42.36   
  6 Mona High                                             43.02   
  7 Ardenne High                                          43.74   
  8 Campion College                                       46.17   
Heat  2 Preliminaries                                             
  1 St. Jago High                                         40.01Q   
  2 Excelsior High                                        41.72   
  3 Garvey Maceo High                                     42.17   
  4 Vere Technical High                                   42.41   
  5 Morant Bay High                                       43.51   
  6 DeCarteret College                                    44.34   
 -- Wolmer's High School for Boys                           DNF   
 -- Manchester High                                         DNF   
Heat  3 Preliminaries                                             
  1 Jamaica College                                       40.91Q   
  2 St. Elizabeth Technical High                          41.34q

3 Petersfield High                                      41.70   
  4 Herbert Morrison Technical                            41.88   
  5 Greater Portmore High                                 43.00   
  6 Green Pond High                                       43.34   
  7 Dinthill Technical High                               43.58   
  8 Pembroke Hall High                                    43.67   
Heat  4 Preliminaries                                             
  1 Kingston College                                      40.05Q   
  2 St. George's College                                  40.50q   
  3 Green Island High                                     41.66q

4 Papine High                                           42.94   
  5 Donald Quarrie High                                   43.21   
  6 Old Harbour High                                      43.65   
  7 William Knibb Memorial High                           43.66   
    School                                              Prelims  H#
Preliminaries                                                     
  1 St. Jago High                                         40.01Q  2
  2 Calabar High                                          40.04Q  1
  3 Kingston College                                      40.05Q  4
  4 Jamaica College                                       40.91Q  3
  5 St. George's College                                  40.50q  4
  6 Munro College                                         41.32q  1
  7 St. Elizabeth Technical High                          41.34q  3
  8 Green Island High                                     41.66q  4

« Last Edit: March 29, 2015, 07:28:53 AM by Socapro »

Offline Socapro

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 28, 2015, 10:23:15 AM »
Champs Video Blog, Day 3 Review
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/4yB2rCHnJz0" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/4yB2rCHnJz0</a>

Schedule of Events

Day 3 - Thursday 3/26/2015 - Starts at 08:15 AM

Event 1  Boys 16-19 100 Meter Dash CLASS 1 BOYS
 Meet Record: R 10.12  3/28/2014   Zharnel Hughes, Kingston Col         
Heat  1 Preliminaries   Wind: -5.3                                     
  1 Okeen Williams               St. Elizabeth            10.98Q         
  2 Odario Phillips              Camperdown High          11.42Q

3 Roshain Malcolm              William Knibb            11.60         
  4 Christopher Wright           Petersfield High         11.62         
  5 Ricardo Fearon               Vere Technical High      11.75         
  6 Jeffery Robinson             Little London High       11.77         
 -- Kevaughn Christopher         Mona High                   FS         
Heat  2 Preliminaries   Wind: -4.7                                     
  1 Michael O'Hara               Calabar High             11.15Q       
  2 Kenrick Jarrett              Vauxhall High            11.40Q

3 Ryan Jackson                 Munro College            11.60         
  4 Demoye Easy                  St. Catherine High       11.67         
  5 Romone Clarke                Innswood High            11.94         
  6 Winston Mcleod               Old Harbour High         11.98         
  7 Ryan Mcanuff                 Cedric Titus High        12.37         
Raheem Chambers longest 100m Drive Phase Ever held for 80m!!!!
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/YqNvhnGwO3g" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/YqNvhnGwO3g</a>
Heat  3 Preliminaries   Wind: -1.9                                     
  1 Raheem Chambers              St. Jago High            11.15Q       
  2 Chidi Hibbert                St. Mary High            11.34Q

3 Brandon Robinson             Camperdown High          11.36         
  4 Roshane Blake                Bridgeport High          11.39         
  5 Tavis Irons                  Green Island High        11.54         
  6 Oshane Campbell              Tacius Golding High      11.72         
  7 Dillon Ellis                 Bellefield High          11.85         
Heat  4 Preliminaries   Wind: -8.6                                     
  1 Edward Clarke                Calabar High             11.47Q       
  2 Washington Brown             Cornwall College         11.61Q

3 Justin Evans                 DeCarteret College       11.67         
  4 Anntoneo Haughton            St. Catherine High       11.84         
  5 Jonelle Cameron              Muschett High            11.90         
  6 Gary Brown                   St. Andrew Tech          11.99         
  7 Kevin Gordon                 Rusea's High             12.20         
Heat  5 Preliminaries   Wind: -3.6                                     
  1 Raheem Robinson              Wolmer's High            10.98Q       
  2 Oshane Hylton                Green Island High        11.20Q

3 Christopher Bent             Herbert Morrison         11.42         
  4 Shemar Mclaren               Ardenne High             11.52         
  5 Ricaedo Henriques            Papine High              11.72         
  6 Jevaun Powell                Mona High                11.77         
Heat  6 Preliminaries   Wind: -3.2                                     
  1 Nigel Ellis                  St. Elizabeth            10.95Q       
  2 Chadayne Walker              Kingston College         11.19Q

3 Demario Barwise              Rhodes Hall High         11.67         
  4 Ackeme Rae                   Buff Bay High            11.81         
  5 Jannioy Gordon               York Castle High         12.02         
Heat  7 Preliminaries   Wind: -4.8                                     
  1 Waseem Williams              Jamaica College          11.12Q       
  2 Tasrico Bell                 Vere Technical High      11.68Q

3 Orlando Fisher               Green Pond High          11.80         
  4 Derrio Duncan                Dinthill Tech            11.88         
  5 Leonard Woodstock            Lacovia High             11.89         
  6 Delano Bailey                Troy High                11.91         
  7 Laurence Wood                Pembroke Hall High       12.00         
Heat  8 Preliminaries   Wind: -6.0                                     
  1 Romario Williams             Muschett High            11.35Q       
  2 Johnoy Brown                 Fair Prospect High       11.53Q

3 Oscar Robinson               Garvey Maceo High        11.53         
  4 Kimani Cummings              Vauxhall High            11.76         
  5 Lenworth Mckenzie            Ewarton High             12.13         
  6 Yazen Nelson                 Meadowbrook High         12.50         
 -- Okeem White                  Green Pond High             FS         
Heat  9 Preliminaries   Wind: -2.1                                     
  1 Javoy Tucker                 Wolmer's High            10.91Q       
  2 Picton Willis                St. George's             11.06Q

3 Dwayne Morgan                Bog Walk High            11.27         
  4 Imar Tomlinson               Excelsior High           11.29         
  5 Stephen Bryan                Clan Carthy High         11.55         
  6 Adrian Hamilton              Morant Bay High          11.70         
  7 Dovoy Brown                  Kemps Hill High          11.99         
  8 Rushane Edwards              Munro College            13.03         
Heat  10 Preliminaries   Wind: -5.0                                     
  1 Mario Williams               Kingston College         10.96Q       
  2 Amoy Brown                   St. George's             10.99Q       
  3 Schadrique Griffiths         Papine High              11.14q

4 Jermaine Allen               Petersfield High         11.65         
  5 Randae Baptiste              Denbigh High             11.93         
  6 Ryon Sparks                  Claude McKay High        11.95         
 -- Kadran Goldson               Maggotty High               FS         
Heat  11 Preliminaries   Wind: -1.8                                     
  1 Micheal Campbell             Jamaica College          10.87Q       
  2 Chad Walker                  St. Jago High            10.99Q       
  3 Oshane Blake                 Herbert Morrison         11.19q

4 Javel Carby                  Denbigh High             11.41         
  5 Akeem Blake                  Edith Dalton             11.63         
  6 Timmothi Mcmaster            Hydel High               11.64         
  7 Ricardo Scott                William Knibb            11.83         
    Name                    Year School                 Prelims  Wind H#
Preliminaries                                                           
  1 Micheal Campbell             Jamaica College          10.87Q -1.8 11
  2 Javoy Tucker                 Wolmer's High            10.91Q -2.1  9
  3 Nigel Ellis                  St. Elizabeth            10.95Q -3.2  6
  4 Mario Williams               Kingston College         10.96Q -5.0 10
  5 Raheem Robinson              Wolmer's High            10.98Q -3.6  5
  6 Okeen Williams               St. Elizabeth            10.98Q -5.3  1
  7 Waseem Williams              Jamaica College          11.12Q -4.8  7
  8 Michael O'Hara               Calabar High             11.15Q -4.7  2
  9 Raheem Chambers              St. Jago High            11.15Q -1.9  3
 10 Romario Williams             Muschett High            11.35Q -6.0  8
 11 Edward Clarke                Calabar High             11.47Q -8.6  4
 12 Chad Walker                  St. Jago High            10.99Q -1.8 11
 13 Amoy Brown                   St. George's             10.99Q -5.0 10
 14 Picton Willis                St. George's             11.06Q -2.1  9
 15 Chadayne Walker              Kingston College         11.19Q -3.2  6
 16 Oshane Hylton                Green Island High        11.20Q -3.6  5
 17 Chidi Hibbert                St. Mary High            11.34Q -1.9  3
 18 Kenrick Jarrett              Vauxhall High            11.40Q -4.7  2
 19 Odario Phillips              Camperdown High          11.42Q -5.3  1
 20 Johnoy Brown                 Fair Prospect High       11.53Q -6.0  8
 21 Washington Brown             Cornwall College         11.61Q -8.6  4
 22 Tasrico Bell                 Vere Technical High      11.68Q -4.8  7
 23 Schadrique Griffiths         Papine High              11.14q -5.0 10
 24 Oshane Blake                 Herbert Morrison         11.19q -1.8 11

Event 30  Boys 10-13 High Jump CLASS 3 BOYS
=======================================================================         
 Meet Record: R 1.98m  1993        RYAN CHAMBERS, CALABAR                       
                1.70m  Q Qualify to final                                       
    Name              Year School                  Finals        Points         
13 y/o Lamar Reid 1.99m Breaks C3 Boys High Jump Record set 22 yrs ago
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/pIin5ixVPow" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/pIin5ixVPow</a>
Finals                                                                         
  1 Lamar Reid             Calabar High             1.99mR         9           
  2 Vanderleer Palmer      St. Jago High            1.81m          7           
  3 Javeir Hall            Herbert Morrison         1.78m          6

4 Brithton Senior        Rusea's High            J1.78m          5           
  5 Derkland Hyatt         Jamaica College          1.75m          4           
  6 Damar Marshall         St. Jago High           J1.75m          3           
  7 David Edmondson        Wolmer's High           J1.75m          2           
  8 Michael Beecher        Jamaica College         J1.75m          1           
  9 Kadain Roper           Buff Bay High            1.70m                       
 10 Mitchell Bailey        Kingston College        J1.70m                       
 10 Marco Knight           Oberlin High            J1.70m                       
 12 Tyrell Johnson         Calabar High            J1.70m                       
 12 Antonio Hanson         Herbert Morrison        J1.70m                       
 14 Michael Allen          Kingston College         1.60m                       

Event 13  Boys 14-15 200 Meter Dash CLASS 2 BOYS
 Meet Record: R 20.89  3/28/2007   RAMONE MCKENZIE, CALABAR             
    Name                    Year School                   Semis         
Christopher Taylor runs 20.97 just misses C2 200m Record Champs 2015
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/OELwahilyT4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/OELwahilyT4</a>
Heat  1 Semi-Finals   Wind: 0.7                                         
  1 Christopher Taylor           Calabar High             20.97Q       
  2 Odane Mcpherson              Greater Portmore         21.90Q       
  3 Travis Williams              Gaynstead High           22.10q       
  4 Jadeja Reynolds              Herbert Morrison         22.12q

5 Tyreke Bryan                 Kingston College         22.13         
  6 Franklyn Dunkley             St. Andrew Tech          22.28         
  7 Remario McCARTY              Manchester High          22.40         
Heat  2 Semi-Finals   Wind: 0.4                                         
  1 Tyreke Wilson                Calabar High             21.11Q       
  2 Gary Gordon                  St. Jago High            21.82Q

3 Matthew Brown                Cornwall College         22.16         
  4 Jevaughn Stevens             Camperdown High          22.43         
  5 Paul Henry                   Gaynstead High           22.45         
 -- Jordan Roberts               Jamaica College             FS         
 -- Malik Smith                  Bridgeport High            DNF         
 -- Jhevaughn Matherson          Kingston College           DNF         
Heat  3 Semi-Finals   Wind: 0.3                                         
  1 Michael Bentley              St. Jago High            21.43Q       
  2 Ashanie Smith                St. Catherine High       21.75Q

3 Jordane Jackson              Herbert Morrison         22.17         
  4 Phillip Lemonious            Jamaica College          22.26         
  5 Akeem Thomas                 Wolmer's High            22.38         
  6 Gregory Blake                Munro College            22.80         
  7 Achebe Thompson              Excelsior High           22.85         
  8 Keco Morrison                Morant Bay High          23.74         
    Name                    Year School                   Semis  Wind H#
Semi-Finals                                                             
  1 Christopher Taylor           Calabar High             20.97Q  0.7  1
  2 Tyreke Wilson                Calabar High             21.11Q  0.4  2
  3 Michael Bentley              St. Jago High            21.43Q  0.3  3
  4 Ashanie Smith                St. Catherine High       21.75Q  0.3  3
  5 Gary Gordon                  St. Jago High            21.82Q  0.4  2
  6 Odane Mcpherson              Greater Portmore         21.90Q  0.7  1
  7 Travis Williams              Gaynstead High           22.10q  0.7  1
  8 Jadeja Reynolds              Herbert Morrison         22.12q  0.7  1
« Last Edit: March 29, 2015, 07:35:39 AM by Socapro »

Offline Socapro

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 28, 2015, 11:20:53 AM »
Champs Video Blog, Day 4 Review
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/ya55aNBKaYI" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/ya55aNBKaYI</a>

Schedule of Events

Day 4 - Friday 3/27/2015 - Starts at 08:30 AM

Event 33  Boys 14-19 400 Meter Hurdles OPEN
 Meet Record: R 49.49  3/28/2014   Jaheel Hyde, Wolmer's Hig                     
    Name                    Year School                  Finals  Points           
Jaheel Hyde Destroys the Field Breaks (Jam) JR 400mh Record Champs 2015
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/QbfUCS5y9Gc" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/QbfUCS5y9Gc</a>
Finals                                                                           
  1 Jaheel Hyde                  Wolmer's High            49.01R   9             
  2 Marvin Williams              St. Elizabeth            51.22    7             
  3 Robin Black                  St. Elizabeth            52.37    6

4 Norman Pittersgill           Calabar High             53.36    5             
  5 Orlando Smith                Kingston College         53.96    4             
  6 Timor Barrett                St. Jago High            54.68    3             
  7 Davian Baker                 Kingston College       1:04.43    2             
 -- Kurth Collins                St. Andrew Tech             DQ   IAAF RULE 168.7A

Event 23  Boys 10-13 100 Meter Dash CLASS 3 BOYS
 Sponsor: SHERWIN WILLIAMS                                                   
 Meet Record: R 10.85  3/15/2013   Jhevaughn Matherson, Kingston Col         
    Name                    Year School                  Finals  Wind Points
Taiwane Garriques Dominates the Field to win C3 Boys 100m Final Champs 2015
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/uCgO--xLDqg" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/uCgO--xLDqg</a>
Finals                                                                       
  1 Taiwane Garriques            St. Jago High            11.26  -3.7   9   
  2 Javier Johnson               Green Island High        11.53  -3.7   7   
  3 Akeen Smith                  Kingston College         11.55  -3.7   6

4 Andre Sterling               Herbert Morrison         11.58  -3.7   5   
  5 Michali Everett              Seaforth High            11.68  -3.7   4   
  6 Jaydeon Crooks               Irwin High               11.72  -3.7   3   
  7 Chadwick Stewart             Calabar High             11.73  -3.7   2   
  8 Rosean Young                 Calabar High             11.74  -3.7   1   

Event 12  Boys 14-15 100 Meter Dash CLASS 2 BOYS
 Meet Record: R 10.29  3/28/2014   Raheem Chambers, St. Jago High           
Dejour Russell Defeats Tyreke Wilson to win C2 Boys 100m Final Champs 2015
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/BCeQ3xujbdo" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/BCeQ3xujbdo</a>
Finals                                                                       
  1 Dejour Russell               Calabar High             10.67  -2.0   9   
  2 Tyreke Wilson                Calabar High             10.76  -2.0   7   
  3 Michael Bentley              St. Jago High            10.99  -2.0   6

4 Andre Morrison               St. Jago High            10.99  -2.0   5   
  5 Ashanie Smith                St. Catherine High       11.01  -2.0   4   
  6 Matthew Brown                Cornwall College         11.12  -2.0   3   
  7 Chislon Gordon               Jamaica College          11.16  -2.0   2   
  8 Yashawn Hamilton             Kingston College         11.31  -2.0   1   

Event 41  Girls 17-18 100 Meter Dash CLASS 1
 Meet Record: R 11.13  2001        VERONICA CAMPBELL-BROWN, VERE TECHNICAL     
Natalliah Whyte Edges Shauna Helps to win C1 Girls 100m Final Champs 2015
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/Lh8s4CsSqhk" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/Lh8s4CsSqhk</a>
Finals                                                                         
  1 Natalliah Whyte              St. Jago High            11.77  -1.7   9       
  2 Shauna Helps                 Wolmer's High            11.81  -1.7   7       
  3 Shanice Reid                 St. Jago High            11.86  -1.7   6

4 Rene Medley                  Vere Technical High      11.96  -1.7   5       
  5 Sashalee Forbes              Holmwood Techn           11.98  -1.7   4       
  6 Carmaleta Griffiths          St. Catherine High       12.15  -1.7   3       
  7 Jeanine Williams             Immaculate               12.22  -1.7   2       
  8 Telecia Briscoe              Edwin Allen High         12.38  -1.7   1       

Event 1  Boys 16-19 100 Meter Dash CLASS 1 BOYS
Amazing Comeback Michael O'Hara wins C1 100m Final Champs 2015
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/geflCczKEBA" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/geflCczKEBA</a>
Finals                                                                       
  1 Michael O'Hara               Calabar High             10.42  -2.6   9   
  2 Edward Clarke                Calabar High             10.50  -2.6   7   
  3 Raheem Robinson              Wolmer's High            10.61  -2.6   6

4 Nigel Ellis                  St. Elizabeth            10.68  -2.6   5   
  5 Okeen Williams               St. Elizabeth            10.73  -2.6   4   
  6 Raheem Chambers              St. Jago High            10.84  -2.6   3   
  7 Javoy Tucker                 Wolmer's High            10.90  -2.6   2   
  8 Micheal Campbell             Jamaica College          10.92  -2.6   1   
« Last Edit: March 29, 2015, 07:38:28 AM by Socapro »

Offline Socapro

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 28, 2015, 11:24:33 AM »
Champs Video Blog, Day 5 Preview
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/kA5g6cLidVQ" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/kA5g6cLidVQ</a>

Schedule of Events

Day 5 - Saturday 3/28/2015 - Starts at 01:30 PM

Event 14  Boys 14-15 400 Meter Dash CLASS 2 BOYS
Christopher Taylor 47.04 Wins Class 2 Boys 400M FINAL Champs 2015
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/_AF89s_Yqhc" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/_AF89s_Yqhc</a>
Finals                                                                         
  1 Christopher Taylor           Calabar High             47.04    9           
  2 Anthony Carpenter            Calabar High             47.87    7           
  3 Leonardo Ledgister           St. Elizabeth            48.33    6

4 Jauavney James               St. Elizabeth            48.34    5           
  5 Sheldon Smith                Munro College            49.01    4           
  6 Tyreke Bryan                 Kingston College         49.44    3           
  7 Malik Smith                  Bridgeport High          49.79    2           
  8 Romario Mickiel              Manchester High          50.75    1           

Event 3  Boys 16-19 400 Meter Dash CLASS 1 BOYS
17 y/o Akeem Bloomfield 44.93 Breaks NJR 400m Record set 20 years ago
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/iEHvaPHGfcw" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/iEHvaPHGfcw</a>
Finals                                                                           
  1 Akeem Bloomfield             Kingston College         44.93R   9             
  2 Nathon Allen                 St. Jago High            45.30    7             
  3 Martin Manley                St. Jago High            46.41    6

4 Twayne Crooks                Kingston College         46.54    5             
  5 Shawndail McLaren            Jamaica College          46.92    4             
  6 Renado Wilson                Calabar High             47.11    3             
  7 Devaughn Baker               Jamaica College          47.64    2             
 -- Devaughn Ellington           Petersfield High            DQ   IAAF RULE 163.6

Event 6  Boys 16-19 110 Meter Hurdles CLASS 1 BOYS
 Sponsor: PUMA                                                                 
 Meet Record: R 13.24  3/16/2013   Omar McLeod, Kingston Col                   
Jaheel Hyde Beaten in 110H by Michael O'Hara 13.49 to 13.52 Champs 2015
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/dM17Oio_qCY" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/dM17Oio_qCY</a>
Finals                                                                         
  1 Michael O'Hara               Calabar High             13.49  -3.8   9       
  2 Jaheel Hyde                  Wolmer's High            13.52  -3.8   7       
  3 Seanie Selvin                Calabar High             13.66  -3.8   6

4 Rohan Cole                   St. Elizabeth            14.04  -3.8   5       
  5 Levaughn Battick             Kingston College         14.23  -3.8   4       
  6 Marvin Williams              St. Elizabeth            14.23  -3.8   3       
  7 Roderick Moodie              Kingston College         14.23  -3.8   2       
  8 Jonelle Cameron              Muschett High            14.49  -3.8   1       

Event 13  Boys 14-15 200 Meter Dash CLASS 2 BOYS
Christopher Taylor 21.04 Wins Class 2 Boys 200m Final Champs 2015
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/1i_9TEAMkx0" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/1i_9TEAMkx0</a>
Finals                                                                         
  1 Christopher Taylor           Calabar High             21.04  +0.0   9       
  2 Tyreke Wilson                Calabar High             21.26  +0.0   7       
  3 Michael Bentley              St. Jago High            21.68  +0.0   6

4 Gary Gordon                  St. Jago High            21.70  +0.0   5       
  5 Ashanie Smith                St. Catherine High       21.80  +0.0   4       
  6 Odane Mcpherson              Greater Portmore         22.40  +0.0   3       
  7 Jadeja Reynolds              Herbert Morrison         22.47  +0.0   2       
  8 Travis Williams              Gaynstead High           22.94  +0.0   1       

Event 42  Girls 17-18 200 Meter Dash CLASS 1
 Sponsor: PUMA                                                                 
 Meet Record: R 22.71  3/27/2004   SIMONE FACEY, VERE TECHNICAL                 
Natalliah Whyte wins Class 1 Girls 200M Final Champs 2015
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/ubqd6XrnVco" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/ubqd6XrnVco</a>
Finals                                                                         
  1 Natalliah Whyte              St. Jago High            23.56  -1.0   9       
  2 Sashalee Forbes              Holmwood Techn           23.82  -1.0   7       
  3 Saqukine Cameron             Edwin Allen High         23.92  -1.0   6

4 Shanice Reid                 St. Jago High            24.00  -1.0   5       
  5 Carmaleta Griffiths          St. Catherine High       24.74  -1.0   4       
  6 Britney Hew                  Holmwood Techn           25.04  -1.0   3       
  7 Shian Hyde                   St. Catherine High       25.51  -1.0   2       
 -- Rene Medley                  Vere Technical High         FS  -1.0           

Event 2  Boys 16-19 200 Meter Dash CLASS 1 BOYS
Michael O'Hara 20.59 (-1.8m/s) wins 200m C1 Final Champs 2015
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/ESmwdfBm-IM" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/ESmwdfBm-IM</a>
Finals                                                                         
  1 Michael O'Hara               Calabar High             20.59  -1.8   9       
  2 Chad Walker                  St. Jago High            20.99  -1.8   7       
  3 Twayne Crooks                Kingston College         21.21  -1.8   6

4 Nigel Ellis                  St. Elizabeth            21.21  -1.8   5       
  5 Shivnarine Smalling          Kingston College         21.61  -1.8   4       
  6 Micheal Campbell             Jamaica College          21.69  -1.8   3       
  7 Hujaye Cornwall              St. Elizabeth            21.83  -1.8   2       

Event 47  Girls 17-18 4x100 Meter Relay CLASS 1
 Meet Record: R 44.17  3/29/2014   Edwin Allen High, Edwin Allen               
                       C Williams, S Cameron, C Haughton, C Allen               
    School                                               Finals  Points         
St.Jago High Wins Class 1 Girls 4x100m Final Champs 2015
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/g5eQd1NiSJA" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/g5eQd1NiSJA</a>
Finals                                                                         
  1 St. Jago High                                         44.39   12           
  2 Holmwood Technical High                               45.29   10           
  3 Wolmer's High School for Girls                        45.68    8

4 Edwin Allen High                                      45.71    6           
  5 St. Catherine High                                    46.39    5           
  6 Camperdown High                                       46.58    4           
  7 Hydel High                                            47.47    3           
  8 Vere Technical High                                   47.81    2           

Event 7  Boys 16-19 4x100 Meter Relay CLASS 1 BOYS
Usain Bolt Watches Calabar Break 4x100m HS WORLD RECORD Champs 2015
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/oqWe2egwIJ8" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/oqWe2egwIJ8</a>
Finals                                                                         
  1 Calabar High                                          39.08R  12           
  2 Jamaica College                                       39.79   10           
  3 St. George's College                                  40.43    8

4 Kingston College                                      40.84    6           
  5 St. Elizabeth Technical High                          40.98    5           
  6 Munro College                                         41.81    4           
  7 Green Island High                                     42.12    3           
 -- St. Jago High                                           DNF                 

Event 79  Girls 13-19 4x400 Meter Relay OPEN
 Meet Record: R 3:30.51  3/16/2013   Vere Technical High, Vere Technic         
St.Jago wins GIRLS 4x400 Meter Relay OPEN 3:35.78 Champs 2015
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/I3KbuRaTY8k" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/I3KbuRaTY8k</a>
Finals                                                                         
  1 St. Jago High                                       3:35.78   12           
  2 Vere Technical High                                 3:36.61   10           
  3 St. Elizabeth Technical High                        3:36.71    8

4 Hydel High                                          3:40.86    6           
  5 Edwin Allen High                                    3:45.88    5           
  6 Manchester High                                     3:48.75    4           
  7 St. Andrew High for Girls                           3:51.02    3           
 -- Holmwood Technical High                                 DNF                 

Event 34  Boys 14-19 4x400 Meter Relay OPEN
 Meet Record: R 3:08.31  3/29/2014   St. Jago High, St. Jago High               
Christopher Taylor Anchors CALABAR to DESTROY 4x400m Boys RECORD Champs 2015
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/33jbOkikBQQ" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/33jbOkikBQQ</a>
Finals                                                                         
  1 Calabar High                                        3:06.76R  12           
  2 Kingston College                                    3:08.40   10           
  3 St. Jago High                                       3:10.10    8

4 St. Elizabeth Technical High                        3:10.15    6           
  5 Jamaica College                                     3:11.35    5           
  6 Petersfield High                                    3:13.00    4           
  7 Wolmer's High School for Boys                       3:16.48    3           
  8 Greater Portmore High                               3:17.18    2           
  9 Excelsior High                                      3:26.22                 
« Last Edit: March 29, 2015, 05:17:15 AM by Socapro »

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 28, 2015, 06:59:14 PM »
Look at people

The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Socapro

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 29, 2015, 05:16:11 AM »
Azusa Pacific University seeks Jamaican talents at Champs 2015
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/nkvjl6UV_5Y" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/nkvjl6UV_5Y</a>

Schedule of Events

Women - Team Rankings - 46 Events Scored               
    1) Edwin Allen High           321        2) Hydel High                221   
    3) St. Jago High              219.33
     4) Holmwood Technical High   206   
    5) Vere Technical High        136        6) Wolmer's High School for   82.50
    7) Manchester High             61        8 ) Convent of Mercy Alpha     60   
    9) St. Elizabeth Technical Hi  51       10) St. Catherine High         44   
   11) St. Andrew Technical High   41       12) Immaculate Conception Hig  39   
   13) Rusea's High                37       14) Camperdown High            32   
   15) Excelsior High              31       16) Buff Bay High              24   
   17) Green Island High           20       18) St. Andrew High for Girls  18   
   19) Herbert Morrison Technical  16.33    20) Papine High                16   
   21) Glengoffe High              15.50    22) Albert Town High           11   
   22) Dinthill Technical High     11       24) Petersfield High           10   
   25) St. Mary High                9       26) Holy Childhood High         8   
   27) Spaldings High               6       28) Mavis Bank High             5   
   28) Bog Walk High                5       28) Denbigh High                5   
   31) Lacovia High                 3.33    32) Campion College             3   
   32) Spot Valley High             3       32) Mount Alvernia High         3   
   35) Ardenne High                 2       36) Mona High                   1   
   36) St. Hugh's High              1       36) Frome Technical High        1   

Men - Team Rankings - 41 Events Scored               
    1) Calabar High               280.50     2) Kingston College          265   
    3) Jamaica College            200
        4) St. Jago High             183   
    5) St. Elizabeth Technical Hi 132        6) Wolmer's High School for   68   
    7) Petersfield High            50        8 ) Holmwood Technical High    44   
    9) Cornwall College            38       10) Edwin Allen High           34   
   11) Munro College               33       12) Herbert Morrison Technica  28.50
   13) Green Island High           21       14) Bellefield High            20   
   15) St. George's College        18.50    16) Excelsior High             16   
   17) Spaldings High              15       18) St. Catherine High         14   
   18) Manchester High             14       20) Buff Bay High              10   
   21) Old Harbour High             8.50    22) Rusea's High                8   
   22) Morant Bay High              8       22) Mavis Bank High             8   
   25) Ocho Rios High               7       25) Greater Portmore High       7   
   27) Campion College              6       27) Ardenne High                6   
   29) Frome Technical High         5       29) Titchfield High             5   
   31) Glenmuir High                4       31) St. Andrew Technical High   4   
   31) Seaforth High                4       34) Glengoffe High              3   
   34) Irwin High                   3       34) Meadowbrook High            3   
   34) Papine High                  3       38) Bridgeport High             2   
   38) Mona High                    2       38) Camperdown High             2   
   38) Foga Road High               2       42) Hopewell High               1   
   42) Muschett High                1       42) Maggotty High               1   
   42) Gaynstead High               1       42) Balaclava High              1   
« Last Edit: March 29, 2015, 05:24:32 AM by Socapro »

Offline Socapro

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Coach Harrison targets World Champs for KC's Bloomfield, Crooks
« Reply #45 on: April 14, 2015, 10:45:29 PM »
Coach Harrison targets World Champs for KC's Bloomfield, Crooks
BY HOWARD WALKER Observer senior reporter walkerh@jamaicaobserver.com
Wednesday, April 08, 2015 (Jamaica Observer)

(L) CROOKS...was the sacrificial lamb because he had to carry the work load for KC. (R) Akeem Bloomfield (left) and Neil Harrison following his 45.41 seconds clocking at the Carifta Games Trials in early March. (PHOTO: BRYAN CUMMINGS)

HAVING taken Akeem Bloomfield from a 53-second 400m runner to a sub-45-second phenomenon in one year, Kingston College's (KC's) head coach Neil Harrison is now targeting the World Championships in August.

Not only will Harrison be lining up Bloomfield against Jamaica's best this summer, but he also intends to unleash one Twayne Crooks, whom he feels is just as good or even better.

"That's the intention. They are of quality and I will try as best as possible to see them through," he told the Jamaica Observer.

Harrison, who moved from Munro College to take over the reins as head coach of KC last year, said Bloomfield is one of his most satisfying projects to coming out of Champs.

"When I came into KC with an injured Bloomfield, I realised that his core was extremely weak and a man with tremendous speed and carrying a weak core is like a time bomb waiting to explode," he said.

"I explained all of that to Bloomfield. He is a bright boy, he can think for himself and the moment I explained that to him, he knew where I was going and he grasped the concept," Harrison noted.

Bloomfield burst onto the scene in 2014 with a 10.5 seconds clocking in the 100m at the Jamaica College Invitational Meet. He then did personal bests of 10.42 and 21.06 seconds over the 100m and 200m, respectively, at Champs in Class Two before injury forced an end to his championship and season.

"I started to strengthen his core and told him he is most vulnerable when he is recovering. So let us take away the short sprint for this season and let us concentrate on the longer sprint and I can assure you I will make you do something fantastic," Harrison revealed.

Harrison continued: "He said, 'Coach, I really don't like the event, but you have said some things which I appreciate. Nobody has ever told me anything like this before and, Coach, I am running with it. I am going to grasp it with both hands' and the rest is pretty much history."

Bloomfield, in only his second 400m, ran a wonderful 45.41 seconds at the Carifta Games Trials then wrote his name into Champs folklore with a stunning 44.93-second clocking to be the first schoolboy to run under 45 seconds for the 400m.

"When you see that kind of performance, knowing you work on a project like that...I told him he was going to run 44. I told him at Carifta he was going to run 45. I said, when you get a stronger field come Champs, you will run 44. When I told him he would run 45, he said Coach are you serious?" Harrison said.

"I said, just follow my instructions. Just run past everybody and go about your business and you will be fine. If you shut off, I will take responsibility for i, and you will not because you are well-prepared," Harrison added.

"At Champs, I told him, the same thing. I told him give Nathon Allen no respect. Just go about your business, and he followed the instructions."

Allen finished second in a splendid 45.3 seconds with his teammate Martin Manley, the 2013 World Youth 400m champion, in third with 46.41. KC's Twayne Crooks was fourth with 46.54 seconds.

"There is no doubt in my mind that there was two 44 (seconds) athletes in that race, Twayne Crooks. He was the sacrificial lamb because he had to carry the work load for Kingston College," revealed Harrison.

"When you are trying to win a championship you have to sacrifice somebody and all we wanted was to get the points scored. It was a bit painful, he (Crooks) understood and he said, Coach, 'I will do it for the school', a lauded effort," reflected Harrison.

"He said 'Coach, I really want to step with Bloomfield, but I will do it for the team' and I wholeheartedly thanked him for that," Harrison added.

Crooks, 19, a transfer from Vere Technical, was seen as the number one quarter-miler at KC before Champs. He is a wonderful 200m and 800m runner with a very good 1:51-minute relay leg at Gibson while leading KC to victory at Gibson McCook Relays in record time.

Crooks ran the 200m, 400m 4x100 and 4x400m during Champs, while the fresher Bloomfield ran the 400m and the relays.

A week after Bloomfield logged 45.41 seconds to announce himself to the world, Crooks stopped the clock at 45.93 seconds.

"Crooks is the number one. Comparably, when you look at the times in training, his times pretty much supersede Bloomfield's. The difference between the two is that Bloomfield is much quicker, but Crooks has what we call speed endurance. But Bloomfield's endurance has developed as we went along. It would have been interesting to see if they were only running 400s what would have happened," said Harrison.

Bloomfield has since added the Carifta Games Under-20 400m title to his growing list in 45.85 seconds.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2015, 10:55:11 PM by Socapro »

Offline Socapro

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Gay replaces Gatlin
« Reply #46 on: April 14, 2015, 11:05:35 PM »
Gay replaces Gatlin
Story Created: Apr 14, 2015 at 8:20 PM ECT (T&T Exprerss)

American sprinter Tyson Gay has been added to the line-up for the Jamaica International Invitational, replacing compatriot Justin Gatlin who was forced to withdraw due to other commitments. Gatlin was earlier announced to compete in the 100-metres at the May 9 meet. However, the organisers of the event were informed that he will no longer be available.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2015, 10:07:00 AM by Socapro »

Offline Socapro

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
JA Invitational Meet happens today
« Reply #47 on: May 09, 2015, 09:09:59 AM »
These four T&T athletes compete today at the JA Invitational Meet:-
Ayanna ALEXANDER Triple Jump women, Richard THOMPSON 100 Metres men, Mikel THOMAS 110 Metres Hurdles men, Jehue GORDON 400 Metres Hurdles men.
Wishing them all good injury-free performances and hopefully we can see some new Season Bests.

Here are startlists obtained from this link: http://www.iaaf.org/competitions/iaaf-world-challenge
And here is the Events schedule: http://www.jainvite.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/05/jainvite-timetable-2015.pdf
And here is the link for official results: http://www.iaaf.org/results/iaaf-world-challenge-meetings/2015/jamaica-international-invitational-5633

Triple Jump women
Order / Lane    ATHLETE    COUNTRY    SB 2015    PB

Ayanna ALEXANDER    TTO 13.83    14.40
   Caterine IBARGÜEN    COL    15.31
   Daneicia MITCHELL    JAM    
   Laura SAMUEL    GBR 13.66i    14.09
   Amanda SMOCK    USA 13.87    14.18
   Yosiri URRUTIA    COL    14.58
   Kimberly WILLIAMS    JAM    14.62

100 Metres men

Daniel BAILEY    ANT 10.19    9.91
   Ryan BAILEY    USA 10.24    9.88
   Kemar BAILEY-COLE    JAM 10.14    9.93
   Kemarley BROWN    JAM 10.11    9.93
   Nesta CARTER    JAM    9.78
   Andrew FISHER    JAM 10.18    10.07
   Asafa POWELL    JAM    9.72
   Richard THOMPSON    TTO 10.04    9.82

110 Metres Hurdles men

Ronnie ASH    USA 13.30    12.99
   Aleec HARRIS    USA 13.16    13.14
   Ronald LEVY    JAM 13.63    13.63
   Hansle PARCHMENT    JAM 13.40    12.94
   Andrew RILEY    JAM 13.32    13.14
   Dwight THOMAS    JAM 13.42    13.15
   Mikel THOMAS    TTO 13.32    13.19

400 Metres Hurdles men

Javarn GALLIMORE    JAM    49.76
   Justin GAYMON    USA    48.46
   Jeffery GIBSON    BAH    48.78
   Jehue GORDON    TTO    47.69
   Leford GREEN    JAM    48.47
   Bershawn JACKSON    USA 48.61    47.30
   Josef ROBERTSON    JAM    49.04
   Annsert WHYTE    JAM 49.48    48.58
« Last Edit: May 10, 2015, 09:32:11 AM by Socapro »

Offline gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 09, 2015, 06:40:26 PM »
Jehue just got blown away in JA invitational. Finished a disappointing 6th.

Offline Aviator

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 09, 2015, 09:41:52 PM »
Jehue and Richard seemed to suffer from the same problem tonight. Both started fairly well, but their finishes were poor. Luckily for them unlike their JAM and USA counterparts they need not be at their best to make the national team at trials in 6 weeks time. Hope to see better in the coming weeks.
Psalm 14:1
The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God.

Offline Socapro

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
World Leads at the Jamaica International Invitational
« Reply #50 on: May 10, 2015, 12:54:38 AM »
World Leads at the Jamaica International Invitational
May 9th, 2015 11:09pm
By Sean Garrity, TrackAlerts.Com Writer

KINGSTON, Jamaica - The National Stadium in Kingston Jamaica kept a buzz with the running of the Jamaica International Invitational. The evening got off to meeting records and world leads, and as they got into action for the second half of the night, nothing less was delivered.

Sanya Richards Ross 49.95 (WL) and Francena MaCorory 50.73 had a battle royal in the women’s 400m. Richards-Ross running on the outside went out hard and was challenged by MaCorory down the straightaway.  Jamaica’s Stephanie McPherson 50.98 and Novelene Williams Mills 51.32 had to settle for 3rd and 4th.

The final event of the meeting the- men's 400m, which was highly anticipated with the likes of Lashawn Merritt (USA), Javon Francis (JAM), and Yousef Masral (Saudi Arabia) lived up to its expectation in front of an almost capacity crowd. Javon Francis, running out of lane 2, went out hard with a 20.90 to the 200m to end with 44.90 PB. Merritt 44.80 showed his class in the early stages, making a claim on the race but on the straight away it was all Youseff Masral Saudi Arabia 44.59 who took the top prize of US$5k. Masral ran a very composed race and struck at the right time.

Aleec Harris with a 13.16sec in the 110H sent a clear message to his rivals that he will be one to watch on the back to back world Championship and Olympic season.

Jasmin Stowers (USA) took first place in the 100mH with a swift 12.39sec. Jamaica’s Danielle Williams 12.77 and Shermaine Williams 12.89 for 2nd and 3rd respectively.

“I am very pleased with my time” Stowers said in her post race interview.

Shelly-Ann Fraser-Pryce 22.39 SB, was happy with her time, in a race won by Shaune Miller (BAH) in a time of 22.14sec, a new Bahamian record. American Tori Bowie 22.29 took the 2nd place spot.

The men's 200m belong to Diamond League Champion Nickel Ashmeade 20.25 (JAM), who got the better of challengers Rasheed Dwyer (JAM) 20.28 and Aaron Brown (CAN) 20.30. Tyson Gay, who was scheduled to run was absent.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Just one of the four T&T athletes who competed in the JA International Invitational got onto medal podium:-
Mikel THOMAS placed 3rd in Men's 110 Metres Hurdles in 13.44 (+1.0w),
Ayanna ALEXANDER placed 4th in Women's Triple Jump with 13.52 (+0.1w),
Richard THOMPSON placed 5th in Men's 100 Metres in 10.04 (+1.8w)=SB,
Jehue GORDON placed 6th in Men's 400 Metres Hurdles in 49.97 SB (Season Opener).

Race videos and Official results: http://www.iaaf.org/results/iaaf-world-challenge-meetings/2015/jamaica-international-invitational-5633

400m Hurdles WOMEN Jamaica International Invitational 2015
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/ObauadMBxCs" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/ObauadMBxCs</a>
400 Metres Hurdles - women
09 MAY 2015
POS   ATHLETE   COUNTRY   MARK      Reaction Time

1    Kori Carter USA 55.12       
2    Janieve Russell JAM 55.29             
3    Tiffany Williams USA 55.35             
4    Shevon Stoddart JAM 56.29             
5    Nikita Tracey JAM 57.63             
6    Rhonda Whyte JAM 58.08             
7    Rushell Clayton JAM 58.34            

400m Hurdles MEN Jamaica International Invitational 2015
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/W_-YHC18FKc" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/W_-YHC18FKc</a>
400 Metres Hurdles - men
09 MAY 2015

1    Bershawn Jackson USA 48.47       
2    Leford Green JAM 49.22             
3    Jeffery Gibson BAH 49.42             
4    Annsert Whyte JAM 49.50             
5    Josef Robertson JAM 49.71             
6    Jehue Gordon TTO 49.97             
7    Javarn Gallimore JAM 51.69             
   Justin Gaymon USA DNF            

800m WOMEN Jamaica International Invitational 2015
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/H9Gfc3ycL5c" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/H9Gfc3ycL5c</a>
800 Metres - women
09 MAY 2015
POS   ATHLETE   COUNTRY   MARK

1    Ajee Wilson  USA 2:00.65    
2    Molly Beckwith-Ludlow  USA 2:01.09             
3    Charlene Lipsey  USA 2:01.41             
4    Kendra Chambers  USA 2:02.04             
5    Dana Mecke  USA 2:02.36             
6    Kimarra McDonald  JAM 2:02.44             
7    Jessica Smith  CAN 2:02.82             
   Simoya Campbell  JAM DNF            

Thompson wins 100m in 10.97 at Jamaica Invitational
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/drqQG-A79UM" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/drqQG-A79UM</a>
100 Metres - women
09 MAY 2015 Wind +0.2

1    Elaine Thompson  JAM 10.97       
2    Blessing Okagbare  NGR 11.05             
3    Allyson Felix  USA 11.09             
4    Jeneba Tarmoh  USA 11.18             
5    Natasha Morrison  JAM 11.22             
6    Schillonie Calvert  JAM 11.23             
7    Kerron Stewart  JAM 11.24            

Asafa runs 9.84 WL at Jamaica Invitational
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/LhifA9TkWww" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/LhifA9TkWww</a>
100 Metres - men
09 MAY 2015 Wind +1.8

1    Asafa Powell  JAM 9.84       
2    Ryan Bailey  USA 9.93             
3    Nesta Carter  JAM 9.98             
4    Andrew Fisher  JAM 10.01             
5    Richard Thompson  TTO 10.04             
6    Daniel Bailey  ANT 10.11             
7    Tyquendo Tracey  JAM 10.20             
   Kemarley Brown  JAM DNF            

100m Hurdles WOMEN Jamaica International Invitational 2015 Jasmin Stowers 12.39
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/I7AANrRJgVY" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/I7AANrRJgVY</a>
100 Metres Hurdles - women
09 MAY 2015 Wind +2.0

1    Jasmin Stowers  USA 12.39       
2    Danielle Williams  JAM 12.77             
3    Shermaine Williams  JAM 12.89             
4    Phylicia George  CAN 12.94             
5    Megan Simmonds  JAM 13.03             
6    Andrea Bliss  JAM 13.07            

110m Hurdles MEN Jamaica International Invitational 2015 - Aleec Harris 13.16
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/42fnPDzI_LM" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/42fnPDzI_LM</a>
110 Metres Hurdles - men
09 MAY 2015 Wind +1.0

1    Aleec Harris  USA 13.16       
2    Jeff Porter  USA 13.36             
3    Mikel Thomas  TTO 13.44             
4    Hansle Parchment JAM 13.47             
5    Dwight Thomas JAM 13.71            

Miller breaks Bahamas' 200m with 22.14 at Jamaica Invitational
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/CI3fmCapy70" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/CI3fmCapy70</a>
200 Metres – women
09 MAY 2015 Wind +0.2

1    Shaunae Miller  BAH 22.14       
2    Tori Bowie  USA 22.29             
3    Shelly-Ann Fraser-Pryce  JAM 22.37             
4    Sherone Simpson  JAM 22.64             
5    Shalonda Solomon  USA 22.71            

Ashmeade wins 200m at Jamaica Invitational
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/VpDGlAJZM6c" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/VpDGlAJZM6c</a>
200 Metres - men
09 MAY 2015 Wind +0.7

1    Nickel Ashmeade  JAM 20.25       
2    Rasheed Dwyer  JAM 20.28             
3    Aaron Brown  CAN 20.30             
4    Julian Forte  JAM 20.39             
5    Mosito Lehata  LES 20.64             
6    Jason Livermore  JAM 20.76             

400 WOMEN Jamaica International Invitational 2015 Sanya Richards Ross 49.95
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/KjDPyQK_2_0" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/KjDPyQK_2_0</a>
400 Metres - women
09 MAY 2015

1    Sanya Richards-Ross  USA 49.95       
2    Francena McCorory  USA 50.73             
3    Stephenie Ann McPherson  JAM 50.98             
4    Novlene Williams-Mills  JAM 51.32             
5    Christine Ohuruogu  GBR 51.48             
6    Christine Day  JAM 51.67             
7    Kaliese Spencer  JAM 51.70             
8    Anastasia Le-Roy  JAM 51.93            

400m MEN Jamaica International Invitational 2015
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/-3hWh7wXSu4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/-3hWh7wXSu4</a>
400 Metres – men
09 MAY 2015

1    Yousef Ahmed Masrahi  KSA 44.59       
2    LaShawn Merritt  USA 44.80             
3    Javon Francis  JAM 44.90             
4    Jonathan Borlée  BEL 45.06             
5    Isaac Makwala  BOT 45.10             
6    Rusheen McDonald  JAM 45.48             
7    Javere Bell  JAM 45.72             
8    Luguelín Santos  DOM 45.89         

Triple Jump - women
09 MAY 2015
POS   ATHLETE   COUNTRY   MARK      Wind

1    Caterine Ibargüen COL 14.87       +0.3
2    Yosiri Urrutia COL 13.81       -0.1      
3    Laura Samuel GBR 13.69       +0.1      
4    Ayanna Alexander TTO 13.52       +0.1      
5    Amanda Smock USA 13.44       +0.7      
6    Shanieka Thomas JAM 13.10       -0.5
« Last Edit: May 10, 2015, 01:42:48 PM by Socapro »

Offline Socapro

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Full Video of JA International Invitational 2015
« Reply #51 on: May 14, 2015, 05:22:17 PM »
Full Video of JA International Invitational 2015.

World Challenge Meeting Kingston Men/Women Complete 2015 Asafa Powell 9.84 WL
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/ZK1ll-B2_Q0" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/ZK1ll-B2_Q0</a>

RESULTS

Men's 100m

1. Asafa Powell (Jamaica) 9.84
2. Ryan Bailey (U.S.) 9.93
3. Nesta Carter (Jamaica) 9.98 Men's

Men's 200m
1. Nickel Ashmeade (Jamaica) 20.25
2. Rasheed Dwyer (Jamaica) 20.28
3. Aaron Brown (Canada) 20.30 Men's

Men's 400m
1. Yousef Ahmed Masrahi (Saudi Arabia) 44.59
2. LaShawn Merritt (U.S.) 44.80
3. Javon Francis (Jamaica) 44.90

Men's 3000m
1. Juan Luis Barrios (Mexico) 7:59.92
2. Andrew Acosta (U.S.) 8:08.14
3. Alvaro Abreu (Dominican Republic) 8:25.87

Men's 110m Hurdles
1. Aleec Harris (U.S.) 13.16
2. Jeff Porter (U.S.) 13.36
3. Mikel Thomas (Trinidad and Tobago) 13.44

Men's 400m Hurdles
1. Bershawn Jackson (U.S.) 48.47
2. Leford Green (Jamaica) 49.22
3. Jeffery Gibson (Bahamas) 49.42

Men's Pole Vault
1. Brad Walker (U.S.) 5.60
2. Jack Whitt (U.S.) 5.50
2=. Mike Arnold (U.S.) 5.50

Men's Shot Put
1. Christian Cantwell (U.S.) 21.08
2. Cory Martin (U.S.) 20.74
3. Ryan Whiting (U.S.) 20.54

Men's Discus Throw
1. Vikas Gowda (India) 65.14
2. Chad Wright (Jamaica) 61.84
3. Jared Schuurmans (U.S.) 61.62

Women's 100m
1. Elaine Thompson (Jamaica) 10.97
2. Blessing Okagbare (Nigeria) 11.05
3. Allyson Felix (U.S.) 11.09 Women's

Women's 200m
1. Shaunae Miller (Bahamas) 22.14
2. Tori Bowie (U.S.) 22.29
3. Shelly-Ann Fraser-Pryce (Jamaica) 22.37

Women's 400m
1. Sanya Richards-Ross (U.S.) 49.95
2. Francena McCorory (U.S.) 50.73
3. Stephanie McPherson (Jamaica) 50.98

Women's 800m
1. Ajee Wilson (U.S.) 2:00.65
2. Molly Ludlow (U.S.) 2:01.09
3. Charlene Lipsey (U.S.) 2:01.41

Women's 3000m Steeplechase
1. Bridget Franek (U.S.) 9:46.34
2. Sarah Pease (U.S.) 9:55.19
3. Beverly Ramos (Puerto Rico) 9:55.23

Women's 100m Hurdles
1. Jasmin Stowers (U.S.) 12.39
2. Danielle Williams (Jamaica) 12.77
3. Shermaine Williams (Jamaica) 12.89

Women's 400m Hurdles
1. Kori Carter (U.S.) 55.12
2. Janieve Russell (Jamaica) 55.29
3. Tiffany Williams (U.S.) 55.35

Women's High Jump
1. Doreen Amata (Nigeria) 1.90
2. Levern Spencer (St Lucia) 1.90
3. Maya Pressley (U.S.) 1.78

Women's Triple Jump
1. Caterine Ibargueen (Colombia) 14.87
2. Yorsiris Urrutia (Colombia) 13.81
3. Laura Samuel (Britain) 13.69

Women's Discus Throw
1. Jade Lally (Britain) 59.90
2. Liz Podominick (U.S.) 59.50
3. Whitney Ashley (U.S.) 59.04

Former World Record holder Asafa Powell signaled his return following up his win in Guadeloupe with a World Leading of 9.84sec at the Jamaica International Invitational meet at the National Stadium in Kingston Jamaica.
Powell, who has been consistent on a comeback trail of sorts, held off challenges from start to finish with his customary lightening moves out the blocks. Ryan Bailey (USA) 9.93 who was booed during his introduction had to settle for the second place, while a staple on Jamaicas 4x100 Nesta Carter took 3rd place in 9.98seconds.

Asafa Powell​ defeats Ryan Bailey​ (USA) to win 100M in 9.84 #JAInvitational #TeamJamaica #Jaminate #JaInvite
Elaine Thompson (JAM) defeats Blessing Okagbare & Allyson Felix in Women's 100M in 10.97
Jamaican born Sanya Richards​-Ross (USA) wins Women's 400M in 49.95

May 10 (Infostrada Sports) - Results from the World Challenge Meeting Kingston Men/Women on Sunday Men's.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2015, 06:16:34 PM by Socapro »

Offline Socapro

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
New sprint sensation eyes World Championships
« Reply #52 on: May 14, 2015, 05:26:21 PM »
New sprint sensation eyes World Championships
Published: Tuesday, May 12, 2015 (T&T Guardian)

Jamaica’s Elaine Thompson

KINGSTON—Emerging sprint star Jamaica’s Elaine Thompson, says hard work has paid off allowing her to become the world’s leading sprinter following two recent 100 metre wins. Thompson announced herself to the world by speeding to victory in 10.97 seconds at the Jamaica Invitational on Saturday after clocking a world leading 10.92 seconds at the Utech Classics a few weeks ago.

“No, not easy. It’s been months and days of training, so it is the hard work that is paying off now. I started training late September,” said Thompson. “I train with Shelly-Ann Fraser-Pryce; she helps to motivate me a lot”. On Saturday, the 22-year-old Jamaican sprinter recovered from a slow start to lead Commonwealth Games champion Blessing Okagbare of Nigeria and American star Allyson Felix at the half-way mark before pulling away for a comfortable win.

“I was feeling good, I know I could win so I just go out there to execute as best as I could. It wasn’t one of the best starts, but I just didn’t panic, I just went on and executed,” said Thompson who turns 23 next month. “I knew the names in the field were big, so I just didn’t try to get nervous. I just went out there and delivered.”

Thompson has credited her improvement to Stephen Francis, coach of MVP track club. She has now set her sights on a medal at the World Championship, which will be held at the Bird’s Nest Stadium in Beijing, China, in August. “I see myself on that medal podium in Beijing,” said Thompson.
“All I need to do now is to put in a little more extra work and just do the things I normally do, nothing new, just some more work”.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2015, 05:28:10 PM by Socapro »

Offline Socapro

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Powell ‘overwhelmed’ by fans’ response
« Reply #53 on: May 14, 2015, 05:29:32 PM »
Powell ‘overwhelmed’ by fans’ response
Story Created: May 11, 2015 at 8:31 PM ECT (T&T Express)

World leader: Asafa Powell

Kingston

Asafa Powell, who ran the fastest 100 metres in the world on Saturday, says he was overwhelmed by the response from supporters in Jamaica to his triumphant return.

More than 25,000 people broke into prolonged cheers as Powell sped across the finish line at the Jamaica International Invitational at the National Stadium.

The crown went wild as the numbers 9.84 flashed on the in-field clock, signalling the return to form of the former world record holder.

“Just to run in front of this crowd is just great. I don’t even care about the time. Being here and getting this reception from my people is just overwhelming,” said an elated Powell,”

“Just to come out here and give them their money’s worth and just for them to show their appreciation, no regrets.”

Powell, 32, silenced a strong field that included American Ryan Bailey who was booed for his ‘throat-cutting’ gesture toward Usain Bolt after anchoring the US to victory in the 4x100m at the IAAF World Relays in The Bahamas last week.

The Jamaica sprinter was quick off the blocks and powered home the fastest in five years and the 84th time he has dipped below the 10-second barrier.

Saturday night’s run was the first time he was competing on Jamaican soil since serving a six month ban for using an illegal substance.

“This is absolutely huge for everyone that supported Asafa, to see him come back to this level. We knew he was in good shape. He ran a real nice time in Guadeloupe on a dead track and into a headwind, so we knew something special could happen,” said Paul Doyle, Powell’s agent.

“You could hear from the crowd and you could almost feel his elation. With everything that he has been through, and we have all been through as a team, and for Jamaica to see one of their heroes go through what he had to go through, I think it lifted everybody”.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2015, 05:31:34 PM by Socapro »

Offline Socapro

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Bolt will lose to Gatlin at World Champs
« Reply #54 on: May 19, 2015, 07:40:20 PM »
Bolt will lose to Gatlin at World Champs
Published: Monday | May 18, 2015 Oral Tracey, Contributor (Jamaica Gleaner)

Bolt (left) and Gatlin (right)

The 2015 World Champion-ships sprint off in the Bird's Nest Stadium in Beijing China in the last week of August, the same historic venue where Usain St Leo Bolt propelled himself to superstardom with his marauding record-breaking performances in the 100 metres, 200m and 4x100m sprint relay at the 2008 Olympics.

With the Bird's Nest and the Chinese people set for something of a reunion with the now king of sprinting, I am deeply worried and concerned that Bolt could lose his 100m World title on this very grand stage, with the man to do the damage being Bolt's main rival and the man who has been in imperious form over the past two years, American Justin Gatlin.

The latest catalyst for these concerns might well be Gatlin's spanking personal best 9.74 run in Doha, Qatar last weekend. That 9.74 in and of itself, however, represents a culmination of what has been a superb and consistent run of form for Gatlin, which puts Bolt in clear and present danger of losing that 100m World title.

These fears are based not just on Gatlin's form, but equally on the readiness of Bolt compared to his rival.

Gatlin is running at his best and continues to improve, while Bolt, after basically taking last season off, is far from his best and struggling to get into tip-top shape.

Gatlin's brashness and even his two failed drug tests aside, this man is not just a supremely gifted sprinter, but his resilience, his determination, self belief and the toughness of his character are all marks of a truly great competitor.

Most mere mortals would have disappeared into oblivion after two failed drug tests and four years out of the sport. But not Justin Gatlin. He has literally defied the science of chronological progression by running the fastest he has ever run at 33-year-old, manifested by his scorching personal best of 9.74 last weekend.

No Fear

Most contemporary sprinters are intimidated by the mere presence of Bolt on the track. One gets the sense that Gatlin views the Jamaican Legend differently and is greatly motivated and actually believes and is confident he can beat Bolt when it matters.

Words coming from the Bolt camp are along the predictable lines that Bolt at his best cannot be beaten.

That is ever so true, but the question to be answered is how far is Bolt from his best and can he get back to his best in time for the Championships?

It has long been very puzzling to me, the fact that ever since his elevation to that elite level, there has been a tendency season after season for Bolt to have to learn the technicalities of sprinting all over again.

Every early season Bolt looks raw and rugged as a sprinter, there seems to be very little continuity from season to season. It's normally back to his notoriously poor start and then he works gradually on the execution of the rest of his race.

Gatlin by comparison was great last season and has not skipped a beat coming into this season.

Bolt seems to be always playing catch up, struggling to get ready in time. Invariably he starts off his seaso in 10.10 to 9.90 shape, then there is this frantic push to get down to 9.70 in time for the major championships, which usually is good enough to win the major titles.

Not so I suspect this season, with that beast of a competitor, Justin Gatlin, not just waiting in the wings, but preparing and believing he can steal the thunder of the current king of sprinting.

This imminent moment for the American has been two years in the making. He is way ahead of Bolt and all the indicators are pointing to a Gatlin victory over Bolt in the 100m at the upcoming World Championships, in the very same Bird's Nest Stadium where Bolt and indeed the world enjoyed some of the most memorable moments in 2008. I sincerely hope I am wrong.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2015, 08:07:19 AM by Socapro »

Offline Socapro

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Yohan Blake says ‘Setback might be for a greater comeback’
« Reply #55 on: May 21, 2015, 08:18:08 AM »
Yohan Blake says ‘Setback might be for a greater comeback’
Published: Wednesday | May 20, 2015 Dania Bogle (Jamaica Gleaner)

Yohan Blake

Reigning Olympic 100m and 200m silver medallist, Yohan Blake, may return to action at the end of the month, but his long-term focus will be to medal at the 2016 Olympic Games in Rio de Janiero, Brazil.

"Everything's going well. He's training. We hope to do something by the end of the month, but we're not in any rush for any competition or any specific timetable," the athlete's agent, Cubie Seegobin, told The Gleaner yesterday.

"The long-term plan is to do well at the Olympics and anything before that would be a plus," Seegobin added.

Hamstring Injury

Blake, who works out of the Glen Mills-conditioned Racers Track Club - based at the University of the West Indies (UWI) - was out injured for most of 2013.

The former St Jago High school star, who is also Jamaica's second-fastest athlete over 100m (9.69 seconds) and 200m (19.26), made a return to the track last year, but crashed out of the men's 100m with a hamstring injury at a Grand Prix meeting in Glasgow, Scotland on July 11.

"We're on a different plan," Seegobin said, noting that they are taking extra care to nurturing him back to fitness.

"He's fully healthy and 100 per cent recovered, it's just getting into competition shape now. We're just trying to take our time.

"He's working like normal, doing time trials, but we're just trying to make sure what happened the last two years doesn't happen and don't rush anything. So anything short of the Olympics would be great," Seegobin said in terms of a his athlete returning his best form.

In an interview with the International Association of Athletics Federations (IAAF) Spikes magazine a month ago, Blake himself said that training was going well.

"(I'm) not giving all in training, just basic right now, but as the season progresses I think I will progress as well. I'm just focusing on being healthy again. I'm not focusing on getting back to the top because I can do that at any time," he said on the IAAF website.

Blake, who became the youngest 100m World champion in 2011, when he won the event in Daegu, South Korea, is still hoping to put on a good show at this year's edition of the event in Beijing, China in August.

"The World Championships is a stepping stone for me to come back for 2016, so I'm focusing on getting through the season injury-free."

In the meantime, Blake believes that the attention on Usain Bolt's attempt at an unprecedented three-peat at the Olympics will make his goals easier.

"It makes it much easier for me going there. A lot of people not thinking Yohan can win this. I think it's going to be epic, and I just can't wait.

"I think this setback is for a greater comeback, and I think that is going to be good for me and also rewrite history again," Blake concluded.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2015, 08:20:36 AM by Socapro »

Offline Socapro

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
VCB’ready to run faster than ever after doping ordeal
« Reply #56 on: May 23, 2015, 01:31:59 PM »
VCB’ready to run faster than ever after doping ordeal
Reuters By Ian Chadband
22 May, 2015 10:25 AM

Jamaica's Veronica Campbell-Brown reacts after crossing the finish line in the women's 60m heats …

(Reuters) - Veronica Campbell-Brown, the first lady of Jamaican sprinting, believes she will run faster than ever after enduring an ordeal she trusts no other athlete will have to suffer.

The triple Olympic champion turned 33 last week but said her “best days are still ahead” now she has recovered from the traumatic episode which saw her pilloried as a drugs cheat before she was cleared of a potentially career-ending doping offence.

“It was very unfair and I hope no athlete will ever go through what I went through,” Campbell-Brown reflected in an interview with Reuters after starting her 2015 campaign in impressive form in China.

“It’s tough, especially when you know you’re innocent and your name has been dragged through the mud and people who had no clue were speaking evil stuff.

“But people go to jail for crimes they didn’t commit. It’s part of life and I take my inspiration from those who have suffered at the hands of wickedness.”

Campbell-Brown received a two-year ban after testing positive for a banned diuretic in 2013 and says she went through an emotionally and financially crippling experience as she fought to clear her name.

She even took and passed a lie detector test while her name was being smeared before the Court of Arbitration for Sport (CAS) finally exonerated her last Spring.

CAS noted the blatant flaws in the collection procedures and possible "environmental contamination" of her urine sample because of “deplorable” mistakes by Jamaican athletics and anti-doping officials.

MUD STICKS

While a nation which has always believed in their “VCB” celebrated, Campbell-Brown knows how some mud can always stick.

“Life is challenging at times, it was rough and even to this day, I really don’t know what happened but one thing I can say for sure is that I’ve never used drugs in my career. I’ve been clean and honest all my life,” she said.

“A lot of people may speculate or insinuate, they can say what they want to say, but the bottom line is as long as my conscience is clear and me, my family, my friends and God knows the truth, then I don’t care what people say.”

The fall-out from the case, she said, did set her back last season when she looked a shadow of the woman who has garnered seven Olympic and nine world championship medals. The suspicion then was that maybe after such a traumatic interruption to her career and in her thirties, her career could be in terminal decline.

Yet Campbell-Brown, who says she thinks she will still be around to challenge at the 2017 world championships in London, insisted: “I do believe age is just a number and that my best days are ahead of me.”

She said, for instance, that she had “never put a really good 100 metres together” -- astonishing, considering that she won a world title in the event in 2007 -- and that she felt she could surpass her four-year-old best of 10.76 seconds.

As for her 200m, she looked good flying round Beijing’s Bird’s Nest in 22.68 last week, seven years since she landed the second of her two Olympic half-lap titles there.

In August, she intends to be back on that track at the world championships and she pointed out that the record number of Olympic medals won by any woman track and field athlete is nine, by her compatriot and friend Merlene Ottey. So three more in the 100m, 200m and relay in Rio de Janeiro next year would give her 10.

There is an indomitable quality about VCB. One thing that upset her most about the drugs slurs was that her Foundation, which she created to provide scholarships and mentoring programmes for high school girls in Jamaica, suffered financially. “I still want to inspire young women,” she said. She also wants her ailing sport to inspire again. “There are so many great athletes out there and we have to uplift and better promote them all,” she said. And that means not just her old Trelawny neighbour, a certain Usain Bolt.

“Well, Usain is great, Usain is well-loved, he’s energetic, he’s fun and he’s been doing a good job carrying the sport. But I do believe he could do with some help. If the burden is not only his, it will help promote and push the sport.

“As a sport, we have to regain trust at all levels so we can get the support we need. There’s too much negativity, finger-pointing and cynicism that is stopping us progress. I don't know how we do it but we’ve got to go out, work hard and compete hard and clean. That’s what I’ve always done.”
« Last Edit: May 23, 2015, 01:33:59 PM by Socapro »

Offline Socapro

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Yahoo Blake: "I'm back on the track"
« Reply #57 on: June 09, 2015, 01:18:38 PM »
Yahoo Blake: "I'm back on the track"
June 8th, 2015 11:03am (TrackAlerts.com)

Yohan Blake on his way back!

Yohan Blake made his long anticipated return to the track on Saturday (6 June).  He ran 21.57 seconds at the JAAA’s All-Comers Meeting at the National Stadium in Kingston.

"I have to give God thanks I'm back on the track, I was really nervous, but my agent (Cubie Seegobin) and coach (Glen Mills) told me to just go out there and have fun," Blake said after the event.

Zharnel Hughes of Anguilla topped the event in 20.44 ahead of Racers Track Club pair Moguel Francis 20.73 and Terrel Cotton 20.84.

Blake added: "And I don't feel bad as my foot is not bothering me anymore, so it's a really good blow-out for me in my first race back."

"I just wanted to get that first run in the books and although the (head) wind was a bit heavy it was alright and I'll work from there."

"I'm going to run one more 200m next week and going into trials, I just want to do enough to secure an individual spot in the 100m or 200m," said Blake, who is unsure what he will do at Jamaica Trials month end.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2015, 01:27:39 PM by Socapro »

Offline Socapro

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Morgan's 68.19m NR leads world in discus
« Reply #58 on: June 09, 2015, 01:39:42 PM »
Morgan's 68.19m NR leads world in discus
June 8th, 2015 11:48am (TrackAlerts.com)

Jason Morgan throws JA NR & world lead in Men's Discus!

PEARL, USA - Sensational Jamaican record and World leady by Jason Morgan with 68.19 at the Peak Performance Track Classic on June 6, 2015.

"God is amazing. I have dream over and over of this day. Now I see reality. My honest hard work and determination proves its possible," wrote Morgan on his social media page.

"Number 1 rank discus throw in the world. Only me can stop me, and I Won't stop me. My faith tells me never to give up even when it seems so hard and lonely. My struggles become my strength and My challenges become my courage. I am Jason Dadz Morgan. aka ?#‎BigBlackBoss?. ?Timeless?

Morgan's previous best of Morgan was 67.15 from 2012. The mark bettered the 67.12m done by Traves Smikle at the National Senior Trials at the National Stadium in 2012.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2015, 01:45:35 PM by Socapro »

Offline Socapro

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Blake 10.21, Francis 44.50, McDonald 44.60 in Kingston
« Reply #59 on: June 16, 2015, 04:01:55 PM »
Blake 10.21, Francis 44.50, McDonald 44.60 in Kingston
By Vijay, TrackAlerts.Com Writer
June 14th, 2015 11:47am (TrackAlerts.com)

Yohan Blake on his way back!

Yohan Blake, Javon Francis and Rusheen McDonald were the star performers at Saturday’s (13th June) JAAA All-Comers Meet held at Kingston's National Stadium.

Blake, who is recovering from injury, ran his first 100m of the season in 10.21 seconds. The wind reading was + 1.2m/s.

After the race, Blake said he is feeling “pretty good” “It was really a good run and I’m glad I finish(ed) injury free,” added the 2011 World Champion.

In the men’s 400m, Francis and McDonald posted huge personal best times. Francis, who trailed McDonald into the last 10 metres, won the event in 44.50.

He punched the air in celebration after the time was announced. “I am really happy about my personal best…I felt good and did what my coach wanted me to do,” Francis said. I’m going into Trials well focused and to make the team,” he added. McDonald's time was 44.60.

In the boys’ 400m, Christopher Taylor won impressively, in a personal best 45.55 secs. “I’m excited to come out here and get a personal best, especially since I am not 100 per cent,” said Taylor.

Meanwhile, Elaine Thompson covered the women’s half lap event in 23.04 … the wind reading -3.2m/s.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2015, 05:05:24 PM by Socapro »

1]; } ?>