March 29, 2024, 12:15:21 AM

Author Topic: 2014 Women's Caribbean Cup Thread  (Read 14301 times)

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: 2014 Women's Caribbean Cup Thread
« Reply #60 on: August 24, 2014, 06:38:07 PM »
T&T 3   vs Martinique 0     26 mins

DAMN! I really want to see our team face off against Jamaica. Jamaican team has been very good so far in the tournament. Also want to see how they will play against Central American opposition. I am proud of how they have been representing the red, white and black

Sando, I eh really understand. We should be scared of JA ? Why ?

Hmm your interpretation of my post is strange. I said "I really want to see our team face off against Jamaica. Jamaican team has been very good so far in the tournament. Also want to see how they will play against Central American opposition"

Everyone who follows football knows JA, CR, Mex have quality teams that will challenge T&T for WC qualification therefore I am one of many who look forward to seeing T&T play against these teams. At the end of the day we have to get past these teams to achieve the ultimate goal of WC qualification and seeing JA will be T&T first serious contest in a CFU final (because they have played well) I look forward to seeing us play them!

If you understand this as 'we should be scared', then I suggest you understand it more along the lines of 'we can't wait to see T&T beat them'. 
« Last Edit: August 24, 2014, 06:41:50 PM by Sando prince »

Offline royal

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: August 24, 2014, 06:53:07 PM »
FT T&T 7  vs Martinique 0

Face JA in the finals

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: August 24, 2014, 07:22:57 PM »
Sando, sorry, my bad.

Offline Football supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: August 24, 2014, 09:17:49 PM »
T&T 3   vs Martinique 0     26 mins

DAMN! I really want to see our team face off against Jamaica. Jamaican team has been very good so far in the tournament. Also want to see how they will play against Central American opposition. I am proud of how they have been representing the red, white and black

Sando, I eh really understand. We should be scared of JA ? Why ?

Having watched all of these games, while not being scared of JA, I recommend we take them very seriously. T&T did their job well tonight, scoring in the first minute, controlling the game completely and not conceding any goals. My concern is that while JA had to overcome a strong Haiti team, T&T's defence hasn't really been tested. The defence looks solid and many of the attacks start from the back. I'm just concerned about the effects of a hard, physical 90 minutes on the Princesses. Win or lose, it will be excellent preparation for the next round.

By the way, I am really hoping that they can carry their organised, controlled play into the Jamaica game and mash them up! It's been really nice watching a T&T team play with so much flair and confidence.

Offline SWF Reporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: August 24, 2014, 11:40:00 PM »
Soca versus Reggae: T&T women thrash Martinique to meet Jamaica in Caribbean Cup final
By Lasana Liburd (Wired868)

“It means a lot to us (to be in the final),” said Trinidad and Tobago attacker Tasha St Louis. “A lot of us have been (involved in the women’s game) for a long time and the chance to win the trophy at home (before) going into the CONCACAF tournament is a great thing.
“We want to win it really badly.”
Trinidad and Tobago has not won a senior Caribbean Cup title since 2001. To put that into perspective, Basdeo Panday was Prime Minister, the United States’ twin towers were unscathed in lower Manhattan and Movie Towne was not yet opened.
On Tuesday night, 13 years later, the “Soca Princesses” aim to put Trinidad and Tobago at the pinnacle of the regional game once more—albeit in the inaugural female competition—after they closed their Group B schedule with a crushing 7-0 win over Martinique.
Trinidad and Tobago will meet fierce regional rival, Jamaica, from 7.15 pm at the Hasely Crawford Stadium, Port of Spain after the third place play off between Martinique and Haiti, which kicks off at 5 pm. Admission is $50 for everyone over 12 and free for children.
In three Group A matches, the “Reggae Girls” scored 15 goals and conceded two while, in Group B, the Princesses banged in 19 goals without reply. This is the final for the purists and partisans alike.
In October, three CONCACAF teams will advance to the 2015 Women’s World Cup in Canada while a fourth will go to a play off. The United States and Mexico are heavily favoured to qualify automatically but Costa Rica, Jamaica and Trinidad and Tobago will all fancy their chances of joining them while Haiti and Guatemala are the outside shots.
On Tuesday, the Princesses can strike a double psychological blow.
First, a warning shot to their World Cup rivals that they mean business. And, just as importantly, a message to local football fans and corporate Trinidad and Tobago about their potential to achieve great things.
It was impossible not to be appreciative of the team’s talent tonight.
For starters, patrons would want to take their seats early when these ladies are playing.
As in their opening 10-0 rout of St Kitts, the Princesses came flying out of the blocks against Martinique. Only 49 seconds elapsed when enigmatic forward Kennya “Ya Ya” Cordner put the hosts ahead after a fluent attacking play that featured two accurate passes from defender Rhea Belgrave and deep-lying midfield playmaker Karyn Forbes.
Read more: http://wired868.com/2014/08/25/soca-vs-reggae-tt-women-whip-martinique-to-meet-jamaica-in-final/

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: August 25, 2014, 12:30:14 AM »
Soca versus Reggae: T&T women thrash Martinique to meet Jamaica in Caribbean Cup final
By Lasana Liburd (Wired868)

On Tuesday, the Princesses can strike a double psychological blow.
First, a warning shot to their World Cup rivals that they mean business. And, just as importantly, a message to local football fans and corporate Trinidad and Tobago about their potential to achieve great things.
It was impossible not to be appreciative of the team’s talent tonight.
For starters, patrons would want to take their seats early when these ladies are playing.
As in their opening 10-0 rout of St Kitts, the Princesses came flying out of the blocks against Martinique. Only 49 seconds elapsed when enigmatic forward Kennya “Ya Ya” Cordner put the hosts ahead after a fluent attacking play that featured two accurate passes from defender Rhea Belgrave and deep-lying midfield playmaker Karyn Forbes.
Read more: http://wired868.com/2014/08/25/soca-vs-reggae-tt-women-whip-martinique-to-meet-jamaica-in-final/

Good point about fans and Corporate TnT needed to stand up and take note.

Why is Cordner described as "enigmatic"?

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: August 25, 2014, 05:38:31 AM »
Post-Match Press Conference: T&T Women vs Martinique

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/fST2BbVDnmc" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/fST2BbVDnmc</a>
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: August 25, 2014, 10:24:22 PM »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
  • yuh cyar take meh ancestry from meh
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: August 25, 2014, 11:19:36 PM »
Come on SocaPrincess do like the Calypso girls that just won the AFNA tournament here in Calgary and qualified for the Worlds in Australia 2015

Big up to TNT - won the final over Barbados 53- 46. Very well played game- fast exciting and the best team deserved to win. To all my newly found TNT Calypso Girls especially GA and GK allyuh know who you are- yuh have a big fan out here in Calgary.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Jamaica make one change ahead of clash with T&T in CFU final
« Reply #69 on: August 26, 2014, 01:54:39 PM »
Jamaica make one change ahead of clash with T&T in CFU final
By Sanjay Myers (Jamaica Observer)

Jamaica will make one change to the team which started against Haiti when they line-up for the clash with Trinidad & Tobago in the final of the Caribbean Football Union Women Championship at the Hasely Crawford Stadium on Tuesday.

The bustling Kenesha Reid will fill into a right wing position for the misfiring Shaneka Gordon.

The Reggae Girlz retain goalkeeper Nicole McClure and the defensive back four comprising captain Alicia Wilson, her fellow centre half Sherona Forrester, left-back Monique Pryce and right-sided defender Sashana Campbell.

The midfield will feature Nicole Campbell-Green, Jodi-Ann McGregor and Christina Murray, while Shakira Duncan is expected to play the central striker's role with Reid and Donna-Kay Henry on either side of her.

Kick-off is set for 6:30 pm Jamaica time.

In the third-place play-off at the venue, Haiti battle fellow French-speaking outfit Martinique at 4:00 pm.

Jamaica starting XI -- Nicole McClure, Alicia Wilson, Sherona Forrester, Monique Pryce, Sashana Campbell, Nicole Campbell-Green, Jodi-Ann McGregor, Christina Murray, Kenesha Reid, Shakira Duncan, Donna-Kay Henry.

Offline gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: August 26, 2014, 05:47:44 PM »
Any streams or links to live commentary? Or is women's football still not worthy?

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: August 26, 2014, 05:48:40 PM »
GOAL!!!! After 7 minutes Mariah Shade gives T&T Women a 1-0 lead over Jamaica in the 2014 Women’s Caribbean Cup final.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #72 on: August 26, 2014, 05:50:45 PM »
Anyone know the attendance?

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: August 26, 2014, 06:04:55 PM »
great start

Offline royal

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: August 26, 2014, 06:33:46 PM »
GOAL!!!! After 7 minutes Mariah Shade gives T&T Women a 1-0 lead over Jamaica in the 2014 Women’s Caribbean Cup final.

HT   T&T 1  vs  JA 0

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: August 26, 2014, 06:53:17 PM »
Anyone know the attendance?

Heard on the Power 102 FM (http://news.power102fm.com/?inside) sports report by Ray Davis that the stadium is about half full.
Someone called into his Sports report programme from the stadium just before the game started.

Lets hope we can score another goal in the 2nd half and keep a clean sheet.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2014, 06:56:15 PM by Socapro »
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: August 26, 2014, 07:29:23 PM »
The T&T Women’s team has won the inaugural Women’s Caribbean Cup Championship after a hard-fought 1-0 victory over Jamaica at the Hasely Crawford Stadium. Mariah Shade’s 8th minute goal proved to be the difference between the teams. Next on the agenda for the Soca Princesses is the 2014 CONCACAF Women’s Championship which will be held in the USA from October 15-26. CONGRATS LADIES!

Offline Michael-j

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: August 26, 2014, 07:39:03 PM »
The T&T Women’s team has won the inaugural Women’s Caribbean Cup Championship after a hard-fought 1-0 victory over Jamaica at the Hasely Crawford Stadium. Mariah Shade’s 8th minute goal proved to be the difference between the teams. Next on the agenda for the Soca Princesses is the 2014 CONCACAF Women’s Championship which will be held in the USA from October 15-26. CONGRATS LADIES!

Well done ladies! Great work! What's especially pleasing is that we played the entire tournament without conceding a single goal....usually we're guilty of letting one or two soft ones in...great work!  :applause: :applause:

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: August 26, 2014, 08:03:18 PM »
very good match...worthy of a final...tense and hard fought...2 decent teams

i say the crowd was about 2500...maybe close to 3,000

tnt have a very close and tight team spirit/vibe..

WOM...Arin King...she was amazing at center back...but everyone played well...
« Last Edit: August 26, 2014, 08:08:49 PM by Tallman »
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: August 26, 2014, 08:31:58 PM »
 :cheers:
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: August 26, 2014, 08:32:44 PM »
 :wavetowel: Congrats to the Soca Princesses. This team continue to make T&T proud. Now we can SAY WITHOUT ANY DOUBT we have the best women team in the Caribbean. #Fact

BUT the job is not done. The ultimate goal is World Cup qualification and I hope the TTFF has plans in place or a vision of plans to help prepare our team to be even better come next round against the Central American teams who will put up a stronger fight than Caribbean teams
« Last Edit: August 26, 2014, 08:35:35 PM by Sando prince »

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: August 26, 2014, 08:38:44 PM »
Congrats Princesas!!!!!

Offline Football supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: August 26, 2014, 08:59:11 PM »
The performance was far better than the result reveals. T&T started very well and totally controlled the first half. In fact, I don't think JA had a shot at goal and didn't win a corner. But the JA defence was also strong and made it very hard for T&T to add a second.

Second half, JA defended higher up the field and played two strikers. This prevented King and other defenders from starting attacks from the back. T&T found it a lot harder to get out of their half. JA looked lively, but the defence and midfield of T&T performed very well. JA had a couple of decent chances but really didn't look like getting an equaliser.

As Big Mag said, King was superb (as she has been all through the tournament). She exudes calm and confidence which you can see has an effect on her team mates.

Great to see a T&T team lift a trophy. The crowd were very supportive but couldn't make themselves heard over the rhythm section. The rhythm section was very good, but I can't help feeling that it takes away the excitement of the crowd as it drowns out the shouts and cheers and screams of the supporters!

But it was a good atmosphere and I hope it will serve to encourage more support for the men's team.

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
  • These fellas are real Warriors.
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: August 26, 2014, 09:32:38 PM »
Lovely. Well done Princesses. T&T building some nice momentum, silverware and hopefully some winners cash for the broke TTFA
Btw, haven't heard from Reggaefan (RF).
RF yuh dey?
Supportin' de Warriors right tru.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: August 26, 2014, 09:52:47 PM »
After all the criticism and negativity going in... great to see the team and coaching staff (and yes, the FA) vindicated  :beermug:

Offline injunchile

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: August 27, 2014, 05:55:14 AM »
Great Independence gift from our ladies. Congratulations and let us move on to higher ground. Next hurdle to clear World Cup qualifier. Congrats also to the coaching staff. I hope the TFA give the ladies the kind of preparation to take them to the next level.

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: August 27, 2014, 06:20:45 AM »
Congratulations!!! Well done Ladies!
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline sjahrain

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: August 27, 2014, 08:37:17 AM »
Well done young ladies,you are one step ahead at this level..
I hope you will be prepared for the next step and level
Thanks and all the best to the players and coaches..........

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
  • yuh cyar take meh ancestry from meh
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: August 27, 2014, 09:26:25 AM »
Congratulations to the players, coaches, management and TTFA - we are resilient, we are determined  we persevered despite the adversities on so many levels. Proud to read of your accomplishments. Looking forward to seeing and supporting the team in Canada next year-

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: August 27, 2014, 09:43:52 AM »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/OvNOdG_ppYU" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/OvNOdG_ppYU</a>

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/eg7T3MagYmY" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/eg7T3MagYmY</a>

1]; } ?>