April 18, 2024, 09:52:52 PM

Author Topic: boko haram  (Read 841 times)

Offline ribbit

• Hero Warrior
  • T & T We Want A Goal !
    • View Profile
boko haram
« on: April 15, 2014, 11:23:53 PM »
This ish in Nigeria getting real. How the hell dey kidnap 200 schoolgyal like that?

Real test for the government. They too busy stealing.

Too many places for islamist to hide in that part of the world even if they could get a counter insurgency strategy implemented.

In a generation, de whole of north africa could be muslim.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2014, 11:54:59 PM by ribbit »

Offline Tiresais

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: boko haram
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2014, 04:59:41 AM »
Erm Northern Nigeria has been Islamic for a millennia... In 1963 Nigeria as a whole was majority Muslim and this is still true today. North Africa too has been Islamic since 800, so not sure why you're saying in a generation lol.

Lots of misconceptions about religion in Africa me feels - everyone seems to think it's all Christian.

Offline Ramgoat

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2014, 06:24:26 PM »
Erm Northern Nigeria has been Islamic for a millennia... In 1963 Nigeria as a whole was majority Muslim and this is still true today. North Africa too has been Islamic since 800, so not sure why you're saying in a generation lol.

Lots of misconceptions about religion in Africa me feels - everyone seems to think it's all Christian.
Not me mate , I still remember the Biafran war  between the muslims and christians.

Offline Tiresais

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2014, 06:31:49 AM »
Yet you ask people about that and it'll be an unknown world - a war in which Europeans on both sides were happy to throw Nigerians, then later mercenaries, at each other, but was quickly forgotten outside the continent. We as a world never learn our history.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2014, 07:40:47 AM »

Not me mate , I still remember the Biafran war  between the muslims and christians.

In the civil war, the Yoruba sided with the Northerners to quell the Igbos aspiration for seperate nation. If the Igbos really push it again, I doubt very much the Yorubas will take sides. Many have told me they feel betrayed by northeners. These current events have made it worse. The southeners are totally fed up. There are a substantial amount of Nigerians who feel the country could, should or may split in 2 or 3.

1]; } ?>