April 26, 2024, 10:10:27 AM

Author Topic: Stars floors Central with million dollar punch; Rangers stun Caledonia  (Read 2027 times)

Offline SWF Reporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Stars floors Central with million dollar punch; Rangers stun Caledonia
By Lasana Liburd (Wired868)

Nine straight wins and 15 consecutive unbeaten games; but that might count for nothing now for Central FC.
The “Couva Sharks” were contenders for the Pro League’s million dollar first prize at kick off last night. Now, even their chance of a top two finish and a place in next year’s CONCACAF Champions League is in jeopardy after a typically emphatic double from Trevin Caesar paced North East Stars to a 2-1 win over Central at the Hasely Crawford Stadium.

The result saw Central slip to third as Point Fortin Civic, who whipped San Juan Jabloteh 3-0 in Couva, skipped into second spot last night. Defence Force poses the bigger long-term threat to Central, though.
Veteran Defence Force captain and right back Cory Rivers scored arguably his most important goal for the defending champions as he slammed home a late winner, two minutes into extra time, to see off Police FC in Couva.
The result brought the “Teteron Boys” level on 38 points with Central although the latter team has a better goal difference. DIRECTV W Connection leads the standings with 45 points and has just three games remaining. Two of those outstanding matches will be against Defence Force and they will decide the destination of the 2013/14 Pro League trophy.

At present, Defence Force has three games in hand apart from the two meetings with Connection. If coach Ross Russell’s men win those, then a win and draw against Connection would cap the most remarkable title chase of Trinidad and Tobago’s professional era.

Two years ago, a youthful Connection team pipped T&TEC to the crown on the final day of the season. But Connection did not lose its vice-captain to a heart attack in mid-season or take a month off from football duties to tackle a spiralling murder rate.

Connection is deservedly first at present; the league table does not lie. But it would take a heart of stone to not warm to Defence Force’s remarkable race.

At the other end of the table, there was an emotional moment too as bottom placed St Ann’s Rangers snapped a 16-match winless streak with a shock 3-2 triumph against Caledonia AIA at the Hasely Crawford Stadium.

After 19 league games under former coach Gilbert Bateau, Rangers had three points. Since Anthony Streete’s return, the St Ann’s based squad is unbeaten from two league games as a draw against Jabloteh was followed by last night’s result.

Even Streete would have a hard time convincing anyone that yesterday’s triumph was wholly manufactured on the training ground, though. Not after Kennedy Isles’ stunning opener.

Read More
« Last Edit: April 16, 2014, 04:48:31 AM by Tiresais »

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
 :'(

Offline Sando

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Defence Force have about 2 games in hand, they could still win the league which would say how really poor the league is.

P  W  D  L  F  A  Pts
W Connection  21  13  6  2  44  15  45
Point Fortin Civic FC  23  12  3  8  35  24  39
Central FC  21  10  8  3  42  20  38
Defence Force  19  12  2  5  38  24  38
North East Stars  22  10  6  6  24  17  36
Caledonia AIA  21  7  6  8  32  31  27
Police FC  22  8  3  11  29  38  27
San Juan Jabloteh  22  3  3  16  22  53  12
St Anns Rangers  21  2  1  18  18  62  7

My boy Central FC slip up.

Hopefully, they at least secure a Caribbean champion spot.

Would like to see Point and Central go, I am fed up with W Connection embarrassing us at concacaf level. They have a good team but play really poor at that level.

« Last Edit: April 17, 2014, 03:24:13 AM by Sando »

Offline Football supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Defence Force have about 2 games in hand, they could still win the league which would say how really poor the league is.

P  W  D  L  F  A  Pts
W Connection  21  13  6  2  44  15  45
Point Fortin Civic FC  23  12  3  8  35  24  39
Central FC  21  10  8  3  42  20  38
Defence Force  19  12  2  5  38  24  38
North East Stars  22  10  6  6  24  17  36
Caledonia AIA  21  7  6  8  32  31  27
Police FC  22  8  3  11  29  38  27
San Juan Jabloteh  22  3  3  16  22  53  12
St Anns Rangers  21  2  1  18  18  62  7

My boy Central FC slip up.

Hopefully, they at least secure a Caribbean champion spot.

Would like to see Point and Central go, I am fed up with W Connection embarrassing us at concacaf level. They have a good team but play really poor at that level.

Not sure I agree with this, Sando: Defence Force have about 2 games in hand, they could still win the league which would say how really poor the league is.  To have 5 teams still in the race in March isn't poor. Connection had a great run through to early January, Central from December to April and now Army from March. Exciting stuff, in my opinion.

Offline Tiresais

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Agree with FS - this is an excellent season all things considered - attendances seem up, football is more competitive and less predictable, strikers have risen and fallen and Trini's of top quality have come home from abroad to improve the play on the field.

Offline Jack Horner

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
A foolish foreigner who barks about T&T football and the players like he knows everything. He only knows recongised players.

Asked Kevin how is Central FC doing in the youth Pro League. He brags about players they did not developed.

Nice wake up call by NE Stars, good job Angus Eve.

I predict Central will finish 4th, maybe 3rd if they lucky.

PS: Joe Public sold most of their good players and were relegated but thanks to a call to a long time pal Tim Kee, Joe Public will remain in the Super League and will look to beef up their team for next season, MAYBE, football is not on our main agenda however.

We won enough silverware.

Jack Warner will rise again and the world will beg him him to return and he will say "NO".............

Offline Tiresais

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
A foolish foreigner who barks about T&T football and the players like he knows everything. He only knows recongised players.

Asked Kevin how is Central FC doing in the youth Pro League. He brags about players they did not developed.

PS: Joe Public sold most of their good players and were relegated but thanks to a call to a long time pal Tim Kee, Joe Public will remain in the Super League and will look to beef up their team for next season, MAYBE, football is not on our main agenda however.

Well that's good for you, since it looks like you're not going to be winning any in a long time. Tell me what happened to Joe public being better than pro league teams? Seem to be Joe Public have a failure in leadership :p

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

I predict Central will finish 4th, maybe 3rd if they lucky. Wow, Jack, you're really going out on a limb there, making such bold predictions with 3 games to go! 

A foolish foreigner who barks about T&T football and the players like he knows everything. He only knows recongised players. As opposed to an illiterate local who barks about T&T football and the players like he knows everything.  :rotfl: :rotfl:

Offline Thomo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
@FS, Try and ignore Horner. All he comes on here to do is stir up discord with lies, half truths and innuendos.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

This is a developmental league. Central in their second season and is still a developing organisation. You outfit is an established organization. What have you done lately. Okay,so you retooling for next year. Now is now. Next year is next year. So come back next whenyour team beating everybody left right and center like yester-year and brag!

Offline Jack Horner

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Stars floors Central with million dollar punch; Rangers stun Caledonia
« Reply #10 on: April 18, 2014, 05:18:31 AM »
I see Kevin has a lot of mouth piece.

He needs all these homos to fight his battle.

Joe Public is strongly considering finishing with all football. Next season could very well be our last.

« Last Edit: April 18, 2014, 05:20:19 AM by Jack Horner »
Jack Warner will rise again and the world will beg him him to return and he will say "NO".............

Offline Tiresais

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 18, 2014, 05:23:46 AM »

Joe Public is strongly considering finishing with all football. Next season could very well be our last.

Homophobic comments, stay classy Jack.

Good riddance for you and your whole corrupt family. Let you forever stay out of things that matter, lest your greedy fingers steal more money.

Offline Jack Horner

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 18, 2014, 05:29:26 AM »
I prefer be a thief than a faggot.

Offline Tiresais

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 18, 2014, 05:34:45 AM »
I prefer be a thief than a faggot.

Which is not surprising given your defence of Jack Warner.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2014, 10:34:25 AM by Tiresais »

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 18, 2014, 06:30:58 AM »

I suppose it will be difficult for Joe Public having no stadium to play at.  :rotfl:

Offline Jack Horner

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 18, 2014, 09:10:37 AM »

I suppose it will be difficult for Joe Public having no stadium to play at.  :rotfl:

Central FC have a stadium?

They cant even afford the light bulbs in the stadium.

Did Tim Kee pay Sancho and company as yet?

« Last Edit: April 18, 2014, 09:20:15 AM by Jack Horner »

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
  • These fellas are real Warriors.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 18, 2014, 10:25:03 AM »
One wonders that this shocking unravelling, as we speak (thankfully corrected by the moderator) of the previously impish, but now verbally violent little Horner right before our eyes, is just a glimpse into the tsunami-esque implosion of the Jackulito-Renraw empire and panic of several of the sworn disciples, some whom you eh hear a whimper from on this message board in several weeks. These David Koresh-like disciples, used to the comfort of lashin' their gin and tonic together while holding a fresh brown envelope of "atta boy" goodies and incentives, could be smelling that the end is nigh. Horner's remark that a certain football team's run is likely to be over, one of the jewels of the enterprise, was very telling and unusual for someone who never wishes to portray a defeatist outlook. Very sad but maybe a relief at the same time to see evil concede and bow. The bacchanal that Renraw is involved in now with the stadium and more, is actually more certain to bring a supernova than a tsunami. Cyah say then he eh goin' dong in a literal blaze doh. Horner, just do me one favor before the special forces snatch you and put you in maximum security prison .... Write dong de story before you do a selfie doy doy, as boy do you have a story to tell!
Good luck homie.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2014, 07:19:24 PM by dreamer »
Supportin' de Warriors right tru.

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 18, 2014, 02:30:10 PM »
One wonders that this shocking unravelling, as we speak (thankfully corrected by the moderator) of the previously impish, but now verbally violent little Horner, right before our eyes, is just a glimpse into the tsunami-esque implosion of the Jackulito-Renraw empire and panic of several of the sworn disciples, some whom you eh hear a wimper from on this message board in several weeks. These David Koresh-like disciples used to the comfort of lashin' their gin and tonic together while holding a fresh brown envelope of "atta boy" goodies and incentives could be smelling that the end is nigh. Horner's remark that a certain football team's run is likely to be over, one of the jewels of the enterprise, was very telling and unusual for someone who never wishes to portray a defeatist outlook. Very sad but maybe a relief at the same time to see evil concede and bow. The bacchanal that Renraw is involved in now with the stadium and more is actually more certain to bring a supernova than a tsunami. Cyah say then he eh go dong in a literal blaze doh. Horner, just do me one favor before the special forces snatch you and put you in maximum security prison .... Write dong de story before you do a selfie doy doy, as boy do you have a story to tell!
Good luck homie.

And there are still more disclosure to come. One of which will actually be jaw dropping. You know, as if you suddenly discovered that the CONCACAF Centre Of Excellence actually didn't belong to CONCACAF, only this will be even bigger!

1]; } ?>