April 30, 2024, 08:47:58 AM

Author Topic: Trivia: Tobago Ballers  (Read 14120 times)

Offline football king

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Trivia: Tobago Ballers
« Reply #30 on: November 08, 2005, 08:19:56 AM »
i ain't know raeburn originally from bago.

Bert yeah now remember his real name was Hayden fitzwilliams-really really good player.  deceptive speed and i mean speed but skill as well.  never see him swing a right foot though.  that man no doubt suppose to be on the national squad easy.

Offline Gladman

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 08, 2005, 09:03:36 AM »
As ah bago youth i'll tell u that one of d man reasons that bago players dont make it really is d constant travelllin bac and forth to train 4 d national team.I im only 22 i ent see much,but i can tell u bout is Warren Bulter d man had real skill jus neva made it.Even though the future bright 4 bago player. As 4 Keon Daniel i played with d man in school d man have x amount of talent and ah wicked left foot ,jus give him time .
Life Is Like Sugar Cane,It Hard But Sweet

Offline fivers

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 08, 2005, 11:17:06 AM »
football king, Bert Williams is his original name. He decided to change it to Hayden Fizwilliams. Don't know why, but that man is meh causen from Carnbee Tobago, the man bad. An he real mashup the college league here in the US both 1st division and Second division. Got all American in both leagues. if anybody wondering if division II is better. That's up in the air. Some will say division II has no age limit therefore more older and experience players and others may sayd division I have the best younger players. The truth is, I have seen nuff to ranked D I schools get the as%^&& buss by D II.

Offline football king

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 08, 2005, 11:27:08 AM »
to me outside of dwight hutchy the older guard- he by far the best bago player i seen-just my opinion.  real nice fella too,I consider him a real good friend.

soemetimes it seem like the easy chances he miss but then he bring out something spectacular and leave yuh wondering who this man? he could use a stern john diet a lil bit, but maybe tha might slow him down.  excellent player. wha he doing in canada he should be in mls at least.

Offline fivers

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 08, 2005, 11:45:08 AM »
football king, ah lotta people geh fool by he size, doh leh that fool uh bredda. The man from Bago and ha real strength. Trust meh. I use to tell him the same thing meh self.

Offline CarenageBoy

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 08, 2005, 11:50:34 AM »
An he real mashup the college league here in the US both 1st division and Second division

This sounds like a man for we warrior scouts!

Offline fivers

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 08, 2005, 12:16:51 PM »
He should have been given a chance under beene. Very talented. He did get a run under BSC when they played in that tournament in Barbados recently. But, did not get the start.

Offline fivers

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 08, 2005, 12:18:59 PM »
The man was signal hill top striker in college days and also for Coaching school. I will send u guys the canadian league link.

Offline fivers

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 08, 2005, 12:22:50 PM »
He plays for Toronto Croatia. Here is the league link http://www.cpsl.ca/teams.asp?id=6

Here is the team's website http://www.croatiatoronto.com/

The reason I know all this about him. I followed his career from day one.

Offline Baygo Boy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 08, 2005, 12:58:19 PM »
Tallman (or anyone else)

Apart from Dwight, C. Hutch., and Cyd, who are some of the prominent ballers to originate from the sister isle?

Also, what is the maximum number of Tobago ballers to have played on a national team?  WC qualifying or otherwise

Well, well. most of our poster may be too young to remember Tobagonian players like:

Claudy "maho" Hills - Striker - The best Tobagonian striker ever (even if we use Dwight as the guage), ask Bertille.

Hugh Daniel - ask Wendell 'bout Hugh

Ivor 'Bumpy" Jack - maho striking partner, and one of the most capped Tobagonian strikers.  

The above players just happen to be born in the wrong decade.

To answer your question, apart from the above these are MY picks (bear in mind that I haven't seen some of the younger players):

#1 - "maho" Hills
#2 - Wendell Moore
#3 - Dwight Yorke
#4 - Ralph "Arab" Nelson
#5 - John Granville
#6 - Hugh Daniel
#7 - Ivor Jack
#8 - Colvin Hutchinson
#9 - Ralston James
#10 - Terry Williams
#11 - Sheneil MacMillian
#12 - Cyd Gray
#13 - Ricky Nelson - Strike Squad
#14 - Richard MacFarlane
#15 - "Bucky" Ceasar
#16 - Kevin Nelson
#17 - Ashley MacMillian
#18 - Richard Goddard
#19 - Keith Virgil ( 1st Tobagonian to be named all american in the late
 Â                        70's)
#20 - Woodsy (Arab high school partner)
#21 - Frankie Mohammed

Richard G, how you forget "Maho", Hugh and Ivor. However, There are many Tobagonian players with enough talent to play for T&T, and pro ball abroad, but for as long as the present mind-set prevails in Tobago football, little progress will be made. Thanks to Bertille,  Wendel and Richie Mac for charting the course and paving the way for many young Tobagonian 'ballers.

Share your thoughts

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 08, 2005, 01:09:26 PM »
Baygo bredder and others, thanks for the FYI.

What is the present mindset in Tobago football that you mention?
Education is our passport for the future for the future belongs to those who prepare for it today

Offline fivers

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 08, 2005, 01:12:39 PM »
some of those players are before my time. but heard of John Granville, Hugh Daniel, Ivor Jack

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 08, 2005, 01:16:37 PM »
Tallman (or anyone else)

Apart from Dwight, C. Hutch., and Cyd, who are some of the prominent ballers to originate from the sister isle?

Also, what is the maximum number of Tobago ballers to have played on a national team?  WC qualifying or otherwise

Well, well. most of our poster may be too young to remember Tobagonian players like:

Claudy "maho" Hills - Striker - The best Tobagonian striker ever (even if we use Dwight as the guage), ask Bertille.

Ivor 'Bumpy" Jack - maho striking partner, and one of the most capped Tobagonian strikers.  

To answer your question, apart from the above these are MY picks (bear in mind that I haven't seen some of the younger players):

#1 - "maho" Hills
#2 - Wendell Moore
#3 - Dwight Yorke
#4 - Ralph "Arab" Nelson
#5 - John Granville
#6 - Hugh Daniel
#7 - Ivor Jack
#8 - Colvin Hutchinson
#9 - Ralston James
#10 - Terry Williams
#11 - Sheneil MacMillian
#12 - Cyd Gray
#14 - Richard MacFarlane
#15 - "Bucky" Ceasar
#16 - Kevin Nelson
#17 - Ashley MacMillian
#18 - Richard Goddard
#21 - Frankie Mohammed

Richard G, how you forget "Maho", Hugh and Ivor. However, There are many Tobagonian players with enough talent to play for T&T, and pro ball abroad, but for as long as the present mind-set prevails in Tobago football, little progress will be made. Thanks to Bertille,  Wendel and Richie Mac for charting the course and paving the way for many young Tobagonian 'ballers.

Share your thoughts

Yuh post all dem name and eh even mention meh breddrin Peter Granville?  Fiyah bun!!!   ;D ;D

Went to Scarborough RC wit both he and Richie Mac.  Richie was talented fuh trute.

One a de best goalkeepers out of either Trinidad or Tobago at youth level was Clint Khoury.  Dat boy was wicked!!!
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 08, 2005, 01:18:37 PM »
Dey also had a youth on de 1990 Youth team dat went de World Cup by de name of Nigel Davidson.  Left back on de team.  Decent player but never really heard about him after that.

Offline Richard G.

• Sr. Warrior
  • Ah en new...jus doh post as often as oda people
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 08, 2005, 01:23:39 PM »
Tallman (or anyone else)

#1 - "maho" Hills
#2 - Wendell Moore
#3 - Dwight Yorke
#4 - Ralph "Arab" Nelson
#5 - John Granville
#6 - Hugh Daniel
#7 - Ivor Jack
#8 - Colvin Hutchinson
#9 - Ralston James
#10 - Terry Williams
#11 - Sheneil MacMillian
#12 - Cyd Gray
#14 - Richard MacFarlane
#15 - "Bucky" Ceasar
#16 - Kevin Nelson
#17 - Ashley MacMillian
#18 - Richard Goddard
                         70's)
#21 - Frankie Mohammed

Richard G, how you forget "Maho", Hugh and Ivor. However, There are many Tobagonian players with enough talent to play for T&T, and pro ball abroad, but for as long as the present mind-set prevails in Tobago football, little progress will be made. Thanks to Bertille,  Wendel and Richie Mac for charting the course and paving the way for many young Tobagonian 'ballers.

Share your thoughts

Yuh post all dem name and eh even mention meh breddrin Peter Granville?  Fiyah bun!!!   ;D ;D

Went to Scarborough RC wit both he and Richie Mac.  Richie was talented fuh trute.

One a de best goalkeepers out of either Trinidad or Tobago at youth level was Clint Khoury.  Dat boy was wicked!!!

Oh gosh doh kill me nah. I only heard about Maho, Hugh, and Ivor. I was thinking of puttin their names on the list but again...so many names. I stand corrected.

Lata and enjoy the evening.
Richard G.
T&T first. Any other country comes a very distant 2nd.

www.soundcloud.com/dcoachg
www.soundcloud.com/dcoachg2
www.soundcloud.com/dcoachg3

Offline Pointman

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T football: win or lose, we still fetein'
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: November 08, 2005, 01:30:31 PM »
Tallman (or anyone else)

#1 - "maho" Hills
#2 - Wendell Moore
#3 - Dwight Yorke
#4 - Ralph "Arab" Nelson
#5 - John Granville
#6 - Hugh Daniel
#7 - Ivor Jack
#8 - Colvin Hutchinson
#9 - Ralston James
#10 - Terry Williams
#11 - Sheneil MacMillian
#12 - Cyd Gray
#14 - Richard MacFarlane
#15 - "Bucky" Ceasar
#16 - Kevin Nelson
#17 - Ashley MacMillian
#18 - Richard Goddard
#21 - Frankie Mohammed

Share your thoughts

Yuh post all dem name and eh even mention meh breddrin Peter Granville?  Fiyah bun!!!   ;D ;D

Went to Scarborough RC wit both he and Richie Mac.  Richie was talented fuh trute.

One a de best goalkeepers out of either Trinidad or Tobago at youth level was Clint Khoury.  Dat boy was wicked!!!

So palos you's ah Baygo man??? ;D awright!!!
Trini to de bone; Pointman to de bone.

Offline fivers

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: November 08, 2005, 01:40:06 PM »
palos, meh father tome me about Richie Mac, I heard he was a very good defender and should have been on the national team. If anyone wondering. Meh father and Richie played for sould city in the day. Father's name is, Augustus Mitchell AKA Duck. Men from Bonnacord will know.

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: November 08, 2005, 01:49:44 PM »

Born Trini...moddah family from Tobago.  Faddah family from Sando.  Went Tobago at 2.  Move back Trini at 11.  Live in Mt. Lambert fuh 2 years.  Move to Newtown fuh 5 years.  Den move to Petit Valley.

In other words.....I is a Trinbagonian.

Offline Baygo Boy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: November 08, 2005, 01:59:00 PM »

Born Trini...moddah family from Tobago.  Faddah family from Sando.  Went Tobago at 2.  Move back Trini at 11.  Live in Mt. Lambert fuh 2 years.  Move to Newtown fuh 5 years.  Den move to Petit Valley.

Palos, we suppose to know each other. Peter is a friend also (remember he played for Calder hall after high school), You are right about Clint Khoury, he was a very good keeper, but as someone mentioned previously travelling to Trinidad for National team training was tough for most players in those days, my brother was a victim of that. PS: Clint and Simon are friends also. However, I went to Scarborough secondary and Compre, and Peter and Simon to Bishops.

Offline Pointman

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T football: win or lose, we still fetein'
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: November 08, 2005, 02:04:29 PM »

ah like de pedigree ;D
now ah could put tings in perspective...it's all good all ah we is one...T&T before all!!!
Trini to de bone; Pointman to de bone.

Offline doc

• Hero Warrior
  • ...game, set, match.
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: November 08, 2005, 02:10:25 PM »
Tallman (or anyone else)

#1 - "maho" Hills
#2 - Wendell Moore
#3 - Dwight Yorke
#4 - Ralph "Arab" Nelson
#5 - John Granville
#6 - Hugh Daniel
#7 - Ivor Jack
#8 - Colvin Hutchinson
#9 - Ralston James
#10 - Terry Williams
#11 - Sheneil MacMillian
#12 - Cyd Gray
#14 - Richard MacFarlane
#15 - "Bucky" Ceasar
#16 - Kevin Nelson
#17 - Ashley MacMillian
#18 - Richard Goddard
                         70's)
#21 - Frankie Mohammed

Richard G, how you forget "Maho", Hugh and Ivor. However, There are many Tobagonian players with enough talent to play for T&T, and pro ball abroad, but for as long as the present mind-set prevails in Tobago football, little progress will be made. Thanks to Bertille,  Wendel and Richie Mac for charting the course and paving the way for many young Tobagonian 'ballers.

Share your thoughts

Yuh post all dem name and eh even mention meh breddrin Peter Granville?  Fiyah bun!!!   ;D ;D

Went to Scarborough RC wit both he and Richie Mac.  Richie was talented fuh trute.

One a de best goalkeepers out of either Trinidad or Tobago at youth level was Clint Khoury.  Dat boy was wicked!!!

Ah eh know if Peter in dah category. I'll add a few names including a few from country  ;D
Dennis Morgan???
Frankie Sieusankar(sp)
Telford Daly
Gordon "Sarfraz" Moore
Dave "Pony" Moore
Harry Donaldson
David George
Dave George
Kenneth Sterling
and a legend from Charlotteville named "Sheba" - the premier striker I have seen in Tobago! ;D
« Last Edit: November 08, 2005, 02:13:38 PM by doc »
Live large and prosper!

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: November 08, 2005, 02:13:30 PM »
Telford was bad in trute.

Offline Baygo Boy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: November 08, 2005, 03:09:35 PM »
Doc, you named some good 'ballers, Frankie and Hugh played for slammers, but the saying goes that Hugh Donaldson could only play well when Dennison Jack (Ivor older brother) playing.

To the best of my knowledge - both players represented Tobago in the late 60's early 70's. Daly was verey good also - another player who would have made the National team if things were different then. Frankie had good skill, but I don't believe that he would have made it as apro player like say  "Maho" , Wendell, Ivor and Daly would have.

Who is Sheba? I don't remember him. Is he a young player?
« Last Edit: November 08, 2005, 03:12:06 PM by Tallman »

Offline doc

• Hero Warrior
  • ...game, set, match.
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: November 08, 2005, 03:20:58 PM »
Doc, you named some good 'ballers, Frankie and Hugh played for slammers, but the saying goes that Hugh Donaldson could only play well when Dennison Jack (Ivor older brother) playing.

To the best of my knowledge - both players represented Tobago in the late 60's early 70's. Daly was verey good also - another player who would have made the National team if things were different then. Frankie had good skill, but I don't believe that he would have made it as apro player like say "Maho" , Wendell, Ivor and Daly would have.

Ah eh know if Saeed (Frankie) would remember sometime 'round 72-73 when Slammers came up country to open de league, and take 11 goals. Sheba was full of guile and insight. Slim dark fella who was very difficult to subdue. I understood he left Tobago for England in the early to mid '70s, but haven't heard about him since.
Live large and prosper!

Offline Baygo Boy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: November 08, 2005, 03:31:41 PM »

To the best of my knowledge - both players represented Tobago in the late 60's early 70's. Daly was verey good also - another player who would have made the National team if things were different then. Frankie had good skill, but I don't believe that he would have made it as apro player like say "Maho" , Wendell, Ivor and Daly would have.

Ah eh know if Saeed (Frankie) would remember sometime 'round 72-73 when Slammers came up country to open de league, and take 11 goals. Sheba was full of guile and insight. Slim dark fella who was very difficult to subdue. I understood he left Tobago for England in the early to mid '70s, but haven't heard about him since.

Doc doh vex, but in 72-73 if ah come country was for de weekend wid de family to hangout by Janet an dem. ah guess dat is why a don't know Sheba, forgive me

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: November 10, 2005, 10:29:25 AM »
Telford and Dave George was real ballers yes.
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: December 05, 2006, 11:23:20 AM »
football king, Bert Williams is his original name. He decided to change it to Hayden Fizwilliams. Don't know why, but that man is meh causen from Carnbee Tobago, the man bad. An he real mashup the college league here in the US both 1st division and Second division. Got all American in both leagues. if anybody wondering if division II is better. That's up in the air. Some will say division II has no age limit therefore more older and experience players and others may sayd division I have the best younger players. The truth is, I have seen nuff to ranked D I schools get the as%^&& buss by D II.
As a matter of fact Hayden Fitzwilliams aka Bert Williams still holds three scoring records at the University of New Haven:
Most career goals - 56
Most goals in a season - 30 (in 2000)
Most points in a season (30 goals, 6 assists) - 66 (in 2000)

He is also second in the "Most Career Points" category with  132 (56 goals, 18 assists).

What school did he play with in NCAA Divsion I?
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Baygo Boy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: December 05, 2006, 02:42:10 PM »
How come Fellas don't remember Ricky Nelson (Strike Squad)? Another Tobagonian to play for T&T was Jason Nelson. The Nelson family is probably the top football familiy in Tobago. Their members have represented T&T at all levels more then any other on the island.

Ralph "Arab" Nelson - Senior team
Ricky Nelson - Senior team
Kevin Nelson - T&T U-23/ U-20/ U-17/ U15
Ian "Piley" Nelson - T&T youth teams
Jason Nelson - Senior team & youth team.

But the top 5 Tobagonian ballers ever:
Wendell Moore - MF
Dwight Yorke  - FW
Claude 'Maho" Hills - FW
Hugh Daniel - DF
Ralph Nelson - DF

Offline Gladman

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: December 05, 2006, 04:18:14 PM »
I find nobody mentioning Micheal Carrington the man who i think holds d record 4 most goals in ah SSFL season and d man who cuss Rene Simoes .Sadly his attitude fails him daily
Life Is Like Sugar Cane,It Hard But Sweet

Offline davidephraim

• Do Good and Live!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Trivia: Toabgo Ballers
« Reply #59 on: December 05, 2006, 09:57:34 PM »
Best footballer for me from Tobago...excludin Dwight but not my much....was

Wendell Moore.  BIG BIG BALLA DAT!  Shoulda play way more than he did for T&T

If is anybody have justifiable cause to complain about being "marginalized" in T&T football is players from Tobago.

big name yuh call dey palos..  Wendell was definetly a big balla...
Warren N. Boucaud

1]; } ?>