March 28, 2024, 04:06:06 AM

Author Topic: Crown Trace FC story wins FIFA’s “The Power of Football” contest  (Read 5237 times)

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Crown Trace FC story wins FIFA’s “The Power of Football” contest
FIFA.com

FIFA.com Club members, your voices have been heard! After calculating the votes for the three finalists of The Power of Football Contest presented by Kia, we are delighted to announce that you have voted for the Crown Trace FC story as the official contest winner!

Author of the story trinipelvic from Trinidad and Tobago will get to experience history, thanks to your votes, when he walks into the Maracana on 13 July to watch the 2014 FIFA World Cup Final™ courtesy of FIFA.com and Kia! And Nicholas Griffith, the Crown Trace FC coach whose story trinipelvic shared with us, will receive a brand new Kia Soul to help him continue on his journey to make a difference through the power of football!

“My first encounter with Crown Trace FC was in September of 2013,” trinipelvic told FIFA.com, “Seeing a youngster with a plan to change the outlook of his community using football as the medium, inspired me to write about Nicholas and Crown Trace FC.”

We asked trinipelvic how he felt about winning his portion of the Grand Prize. “To be in Brazil, my favourite footballing country, and at the 2014 World Cup Final, this is a dream come true,” he said.

Crown Trace FC story

A community plagued with social issues: drugs, teenage pregnancy, juvenile delinquency, etc. It just needed one man to accept the call to make the difference in the lives of the youth of Crown Trace, Enterprise, thus creating a positive impact.

The Crown Trace Community inspired Nicholas Griffith to act in order to save the youth from social degradation. At the age of 20 he “dreamt big” as he wanted to make his community a better place.

On January 17th, 2009 Nicholas decided to form a football club. He was faced with indiscipline and violence at times amongst teenage gangs. Nicholas was determined to show these youngsters that football as a vehicle can take them to higher heights. March 2009, the Crown Trace Football Club entered a competition. Being new to the competition and challenged, they did not win many games. At matches they would hear statements such as: “Way them thieves coming from?” Nicholas knew that change can be created in the youth of his community.

CTFC grew from a membership of 18 in 2008 to 83 in 2010. At a national level the club held the Republic Cup Zonal crown for 4 years consecutively in the U-15 and U-17 and 2 years in the U-10 and U-12 divisions. In the CFA youth football league Crown Trace Football Club held the crown for U-15 and U-17 for 4 years. The club also represented Central FC at the Youth Pro League U-13 in season 2k13; this was an opportunity to represent in the professional league. It took one man with a dream, passion and the power of football!
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Football supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
It seems unreal that there are communities such as Crown Trace in a country such as T&T. Central F.C. wanted to play their youth games at Crown Trace but certain opponents refused to play there. I spoke to President Carmona when he came to watch his son play against Central F.C. The match had to be moved to Ato Boldon because of security issues. I suggested to the President that we arrange a visit for him to Crown Trace as the community would feel further ostracised by the moving of the match and his appearance in Crown Trace would mean such a lot to the community. I think the President would have liked to go, but his advisers didn't like it.
We took the whole Central first team there to play a community match and had a great time.
Nicholas Griffith has done an amazing job and has helped to bring pride to the community, despite the "no go area" reputation.
This is the power of sport in action.
Congrats to all involved. Crown Trace have won a global competition. How many teams from the privileged communities can say that?
 :applause: :applause: :applause:

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Very positive stuff ... :applause: The power of one + one + one + ...

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
In related news, Yannic Inniss, a member of the Connection’s Under-8 squad, won the Futbul Table, which was promoted to raise funds for the Waterloo Under-10 team, who will be participating in the Barcelona Summer Cup in Spain from July 1-6.

People steady flying out. Who deserves credit for this one?

Offline Football supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
In related news, Yannic Inniss, a member of the Connection’s Under-8 squad, won the Futbul Table, which was promoted to raise funds for the Waterloo Under-10 team, who will be participating in the Barcelona Summer Cup in Spain from July 1-6.

That may be Stephen Bartholomew. Waterloo was another community that Central played in last year. There's lots of good stuff and unrecognised heroes in Central football. New Settlement is another strong area.

Offline Tiresais

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Excellent, fantastic news. I already have them in my FM database, nice to have it fleshed out. They'll be in the commercial release for FM 2015 :) (non-playable), maybe I can drum up some interest in them when the game comes out.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

That may be Stephen Bartholomew. Waterloo was another community that Central played in last year. There's lots of good stuff and unrecognised heroes in Central football. New Settlement is another strong area.

Well, BIG UP! to him and who ever assisted him! Red light, green light 1-2-3 ... Giant Step while the TTFA's back was turned?

Offline SWF Reporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Jewel of Crown Trace: Chaguanas coach wins FIFA award for social work
By Lasana Liburd (Wired868)

On Wednesday, the ever-controversial Chaguanas West MP Jack Warner dominated the news again after word that CONCACAF had blocked the ex-FIFA vice-president leader from leasing, selling or mortgaging the João Havelange Centre of Excellence in Macoya.

But Warner was not the only Chaguanas personality to hear from FIFA on that day.
Nicholas Griffith, a 28-year-old football coach from Crown Trace in Enterprise, was on his way home from a tournament in Tobago when a tweet informed him that the youth club had just won the “Power of Football” contest for its positive impact on the community.

And, as a reward from the title sponsor, Griffith will receive a Kia Soul car.

“I just went crazy,” Griffith told Wired868. “It was an overwhelming, joyous feeling and I just started bawling… After spending so many years working with at-risk youths and to be rewarded at an international stage for it, is something that cannot be replaced.

“Winning a vehicle feels good but it cannot compensate for the hard work I have done over the years. It is the recognition from an international body that really lifted me.”

It is a dizzying height for a club that had a quite unglamorous start in Crown Trace.

Every day, Griffith would walk past scores of youths smoking and gambling on the streets while the area had a reputation for much worse. He never played football himself beyond scrimmages on the road and a cameo in one Republic Bank Youth competition; but he felt that was the best way to reach them.

“I wasn’t much of a football fan then,” said Griffith. “But I felt I had to do something and what they liked most in the area was football.”

He told some boys that, if they and their friends were interested, he would take them to play in the Republic Bank tournament. The boys answered positively; so he told them to get a white pants and a white jersey and Crown Trace FC was, informally, formed.

By the third year, Crown Trace won the bank’s central zone outright and Griffith realised that he had to better educate himself on the game to do his players justice. So, he enrolled in a Dutch ‘C’ License Course in which he was tutored by former Trinidad and Tobago Football Association (TTFA) technical director
Anton Corneal and ex-Trinidad and Tobago and Guyana head coach Jamaal Shabazz.

Read More
« Last Edit: April 19, 2014, 03:42:50 AM by Tiresais »

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Absolutely stellar stuff! Thanks for de insights dey, Lasana. Each one of these men and women involved in transforming lives is doing the fundamental work that living is about. :salute:

Offline Tiresais

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Crown Trace FC story wins FIFA’s “The Power of Football” contest
« Reply #10 on: April 19, 2014, 03:46:07 AM »
Such a great story, really picked up my spirits today :)

Offline SWF Reporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 21, 2014, 02:35:06 PM »
That Crown Trace story is one of my favourite articles ever. I'm really pleased for those guys. Well done again to Nicholas Griffith and John Patterson!

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
This past May, Kia traveled to Crown Trace and surprised the team with a visit from Kenwyne Jones, Stern John and Carlos Edwards. WATCH this inspiring story.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/WjqMNCuLlB8" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/WjqMNCuLlB8</a>

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
Good job by Jones, Stern and Edwards !!!!!!!!!! and Kia....

Love this story and your work guys.

Hope de 3 blind mice and de so called ambassadors of T&T, Lara, Yorke and Latas follow suit one day.

Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline amielisadore

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Great job by all parties all around. Flying the flag of how things should be done.

David Maloney has also continued his development and is Central FC's joint top scorer with 4 goals for the U18/Reserve team.

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
It have some men absent from this thread. If was ah negative they would have been all over it. So much for the locals like to bring down their own. Apparently it just in the DNA even if yuh forrin.

I guess they over in the General Forum counting GSW victims.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
:applause: all around.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
PM congratulates Crown Trace FC
T&T Newsday Reports.

Prime Minister Persad-Bissessar today congratulated Crown Trace FC of Enterprise, Chaguanas on winning the 2015 ESPN Disney Cup International football tournament.

The Under-19 team from Trinidad and Tobago fended off several other clubs from around the world to emerge victorious with a 3-2 victory over Boca FC of Florida in the finals, played on Sunday in Orlando, Florida.

The Prime Minister said that she was “extremely proud of these fine young men that I recently met with in Enterprise” who travelled almost 2,000 miles to the ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex to compete against global competitors. This year the competition attracted more than 3000 young athletes.

Recently, during a tour of Enterprise, the Prime Minister visited the Crown Trace Football Club and expressed how impressed she was at their “remarkable focus” despite the numerous distractions around them.

Prime Minister Persad-Bissessar also noted that Trinidad and Tobago’s athletes all over the world, most recently in the 2015 Concacaf Gold Cup and Pan American Games, were raising the national flag to greater heights.

The Prime Minister also urged the young athletes to continue putting forth their best efforts. She also commended all the supporting family members and staff who helped the young men along their successful journey.

She said, “The future of sport in Trinidad and Tobago is brighter than ever before.”

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
This past May, Kia traveled to Crown Trace and surprised the team with a visit from Kenwyne Jones, Stern John and Carlos Edwards. WATCH this inspiring story.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/WjqMNCuLlB8" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/WjqMNCuLlB8</a>

Powerful stuff.. Really happy for the kids... We need more in the communities to inspire the youth... The ttfa need to do more...

Griffith has a good heart, he has done a great service in Gods eyes for those kids...

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
It have some men absent from this thread. If was ah negative they would have been all over it. So much for the locals like to bring down their own. Apparently it just in the DNA even if yuh forrin.

I guess they over in the General Forum counting GSW victims.

I can't believe I missed this thread... Very happy someone resurfaced it...

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
yeaaah  Crown Trace FC

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Excellent story! I'm happy for these kids and coach Griffith. I'm sure it was a monumental task in terms of personal sacrifice, keeping positive and inspiring the youth. There's no better feeling when the kids buy in to the alternative he provided for them and I'm glad Kia acknowledged that.
Congratulations on winning the Disney Cup and putting T&T on the map once again  :applause:

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
ah just being Facetious eh... but Crown Trace FC could get a team to the states, play in Tournament and win, across days of room and board.. and we National team, not sure they will get water to drink or even get visa to travel..maybe we should get Coach Griffith to manage we team..make a video, withj Sanch & Tim going one on one small goal..something...something

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #24 on: November 06, 2015, 05:18:14 AM »
Crown Trace FC founder inspires youths
By JONATHAN RAMNANANSINGH (NEWSDAY).

Nicholas Griffith is a 30-year-old University of the West Indies graduate who has dedicated the past seven years of his life towards building a positive sporting atmosphere for the youth of Crown Trace in Enterprise, Chaguanas.

In 2008, the Business Management and Business Administration degree holder began a personal journey intent on creating new avenues for the young people of his crime-ridden community.

He then established Crown Trace Football Club — a youth development academy for ages of seven to 17 and catering for both boys and girls.

Speaking to the club’s coach/ manager/founder at Cox Coaching School’s Youth Invitations Football Tournament which was held at the Petrotrin Beach Camp Facility over the weekend, Griffith sought to delve a bit deeper into what inspired him into launching such a club.

“We reside in an at-risk community plagued with guns, drugs and in the recent past, gang rivalry,” said Griffith recently.

“We have the sports to keep the youths away from the negative stigma that has been plaguing the community. Over the years we have excelled in sports because the youths are very talented, all they need is some guidance and direction. We have done well thus far.” Over the July/August holiday break, Crown Trace FC visited Florida to take part in the Disney Cup International Tournament in Orlando.

They emerged victorious in the Under-19 category and according to Griffith, initiatives such as these help motivate these youngsters so much more, knowing that they have something or a goal to work towards.

“Last year we also travelled to Canada to take part in the Rugby Soccer Tournament and we will continue to give these youths opportunities that they would not normally have access to. We let them know that they have potential to reach places in life and they are important to us,” he added.

The UWI-certified counsellor revealed that the club has also been a victim of the area’s illicit activities, losing a member during a robbery some time ago.

However, Griffith is determined to continue pushing his objective of an improved Crown Trace community through striking a balance between football and academics.

“It is a challenge because all over Trinidad has a lot of ill-discipline,” he continued. “But this is where the rules come in but you have to be very stern. What has been the greatest challenge now is that there has been gang rivalry within the community and people are afraid to come and join the club. So the club is comprised mainly of youngsters within the community as compared to outsiders.

“Having lost a player through robbery, that incident has given more strong encouragement so we would not be able to lose another one to the same circumstance.” Griffith, who is also a certified referee, has already been able to secure a scholarship for one of his club members at the Texas Wesleyan University and is currently working towards ensuring a similar pathway for seven other youngsters.

A right balance of sport and academics is crucial towards overall success of these young men and women in at-risk communities, according to Griffith.

“I think they need to be well-rounded sportsmen by balancing academics and sports at the same time,” he declared.

“I was able to get one of my players a full scholarship and he’s in Texas as a sophomore.

Right now I have seven players on online scholarships with the same university (Texas Wesleyan) where after they complete one year online education, they would be eligible to study in any University in the US without having to do SAT’s.

“Not everyone would have the ability to complete SAT’s which is very difficult. That is one avenue we have been using and it is open to everyone. So when they reach to that age category, they don’t necessary need any specific qualification to get on the programme but after they successfully complete it, which is actually flexible, they would be able to move on to scholarships. I would like to have a lot of them on scholarships.

“I have a passion for reaching out to youths. I’ve grown up in Crown Trace, Enterprise, and I have been able to excel academically with two degrees. However, it only worked out for me because I had guidance and I want the youth of Crown Trace to do the same. It is my passion to want to see change in the youths of the community that gives me that drive to continue,” Griffith concluded.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #25 on: November 21, 2016, 05:34:42 AM »
Crown Trace FC appeal for $$ assistance.
By Donstan Bonn (Express).

CROWN TRACE Football Club, a beacon of light in the community of Enterprise, Chaguanas, is seeking the assistance of kind-hearted citizens in their drive to raise $100,000 towards the purchase of a team bus.

The club has been, and continues to be a ray of hope for many of the youths in the community, with many of its graduates going on to become productive members of society either through a career in football at the professional level or as a member of one of the country's national security agencies.

However, the recent upsurge in criminal activities within the community has placed a damper on the club's continued success as many of its young members have become fearful about journeying from their homes to the club's training facility.

To combat this dilemma, Crown Trace has launched an initiative titled “Drive Me Safely to My Dream”. The aim of the initiative is to raise the required funds to purchase a bus for the club, which will be used to transport its members to and from their homes safely.

Technical Director Nicholas Griffith said the club is hoping it can raise the $100,000 required by getting 100 persons to donate $1,000 each.

“We are appealing to corporate Trinidad and Tobago, State agencies and citizens to make a positive and worthwhile contribution to the young men and women of the club, who despite having the odds stacked against them, are still willing to achieve their dreams of becoming a model citizen and a success.”

Griffith said that while the crime rate in the community continues to sky-rocket, together with a host of other illicit behaviours, Crown Trace Football Club is still committed to making every effort to save the younger generation from falling victims to such vicious activities.

“Despite the dismal atmosphere in the community, there are a bunch of passionate youths who have positive desires, ambitions and dreams to become purposeful. “Our motto is 'Saving Generations of Youths' and that has been working successfully in this at-risk community for the past nine years by using football as a vehicle to create positive changes in the lives of young men and women, and therefore we want to continue on this journey of being an agent of positive change.

“Our continued hard work with these youngsters would not only help change the image of Enterprise, but the nation as a whole since crime affects everyone,” Griffith said.

Crown Trace Football Club have made an impact locally and internationally, having competed at the Disney International Soccer Cup in Orlando, Florida over the past two years. In their tournament debut last year they won the under-19 division and followed it up with a third place finish in the under-17 division this year.

The club also won the FIFA World prize for exceptional social work within a community in the 2014 Power of Football contest. Persons wishing to make a contribution can do so at the club's First Citizens Bank account (#2280236) or can contact the club at 682-6901.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #26 on: April 12, 2017, 03:58:21 AM »
Amid blood and tears, Crown Trace FC youths sweating still; Enterprise enterprise fights on.
By Lasana Liburd (Wired868.com)

“I have a lot of challenges,” Nicholas Griffith responds to Wired868’s pointed question. His answer was accompanied by an awkward, mirthless chuckle.

Griffith, the founder of Crown Trace FC, is an enterprising Crown Trace resident who is a substitute teacher at ASJA Boys’ College in Charlieville. The club he founded now boasts some 175 youth players across seven age groups from Under-7 to Under-20.

It has dominated and won competitions across Trinidad and Tobago and competed with distinction on the international stage as well as gained recognition from a multitude of international agencies, including FIFA.

But “not everyone is pleased,” he concedes, with the club’s success or with the fact that individuals from outside of Enterprise enter the community regularly, even if it is merely for football.

Declining to elaborate on the specifics of any threats against him or his club, he offers this assessment:

“It’s a turf something. And since I’m the one in charge, they come to me.”

The community and its environs have been bathed in negativity and for its residents anything beautiful seems hard to come by. But there is no disputing that the 30-year-old Griffith knows the terrain, knows the people and understands the needs of both. Enterprise has been riddled with an escalating turf war that has, within recent times, led to almost daily deadly consequences for some.

In fact, a recent high-profile visit to the community by the Minister of National Security escorted by a phalanx of national security personnel, armed and unarmed, has arguably turned ugly, making national headlines for mostly wrong reasons.

Griffith, however, remains one of the positive elements within the area, quietly fighting to make a difference through football. He lamented that the recent spate of deadly gang-related violence in this community in the heart of Chaguanas has directly impacted his football programmes. It is still very much a daily battle.

“Parents are afraid to send their children into the community,” he told Wired868. “Because we win and travel, we have players who come and join from outside the community. […] But with everything that going on right now, parents don’t want to send their children. It’s hard.”

The club’s travels include outings in the prestigious Disney International Cup in Orlando, with the team producing some magic of their own to win the U-19 title in the 2015 edition. In fact, this weekend of the 8 and 9 April, the jewels of Crown Trace jet off to Manchester to compete in the U-13 category of the New Balance Easter International Cup.

The players, for many of whom this will be an entirely new experience, will also participate in sessions hosted by Manchester United coaches and be given the chance to tour Old Trafford, London and several other sites of interest to tourists.

“Everybody knows who Crown Trace [FC] is because we compete and we win. […] Everybody knows the name. […] It’s a positive thing.”

But it’s not all positive.

“They are at risk. (…) We have to continue to channel their energies in the right direction,” continued Griffith. “It’s up to them to make the right choice.”

That conviction explains the “Who you become is who you choose to be” motto that Griffith has adopted for the club.

“Crown Trace FC is about providing opportunities for the youth…to serve as a motivation to keep them on the right track.”

“The players have dreams,” he explained. “We can’t wait on anybody [to create opportunities].”

It is now three years since Griffith’s club won the prestigious FIFA “Power of Football” contest for their positive impact on the community. But there will be no powering back, Griffith assures, no lazy resting on laurels.

His mission, he is clear, is one of great importance and it does not bother him in the least that it also makes him a target for particular negative elements within the community.

“It will have a stigma [because of everything that is going on] but [the players and parents] want to go with it,” Griffith told Wired868. “And we going with it.”

He insists that, once the players’ interest is still there, that leaves room for hope and helps to recharge his batteries. It was the suspicion that the negativity might be getting to him that led Wired868 to ask the question about how recent events have been impacting the club’s work, about whether the attendance and progress of his players are being in any way affected by the surrounding social ills.

Griffith eventually responded that for him the football is part of his players’ broader education; you can’t snap your fingers or wave a magic wand and wish the context, national and local, out of existence. So his focus remains sharply on the players’ all-round well-being.

Each of them, he reveals, is required to show him his report book and must have an overall pass mark of 60 % to be eligible to play. This, however, he revealed, pragmatist that he is, is not cast in concrete; provided the effort is there, players known to have significant academic challenges will tell you that the coach is prepared to go as low as 40% for them.

But never lower.

Tishawn Miller, who was shot dead by police in 2013, is holding an orange football on the far right.
The Crown Trace FC will always be an enterprise struggling against tremendous odds. The surrounding gang and drug activity means that the obstacles littering the path to continuing success will always be many, that it will never be easy for the Crown Trace jewels to shine.

They will always, Griffith is well aware, be underdogs, forced to punch above their weight to have any chance of maintaining their current winning ways.

But the club founder does not expect the enterprise to flounder. Like Winston Churchill in his famous 1940 speech to the House of Commons when he warned the British people of the hardships to come in World War II, he is confident of victory. Confident that, amid the blood and the tears, Crown Trace FC will be able to continue offering Enterprise the positivity of football sweat.

« Last Edit: April 12, 2017, 04:08:47 AM by Flex »

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Crown Trace FC rewards top performers
« Reply #27 on: December 26, 2017, 02:38:29 PM »
Crown Trace FC rewards top performers
T&T Newsday

Jeremiah Thomas was names Player of the Year at Crown Trace FCs’ annual awards held last week at at Hyatt Regency, Port of Spain. Thomas got the main award as the club celebrates its top performers for 2017.

Tevin Peters, who won a football scholarship, was the feature speaker for the function which’s theme was “Rise Beyond the Challenge.” Peters is in his final semester at Wiley College in Texas where he is studying Criminal Justice.

“Never let anyone put a limit on what you can achieve. If you have a dream, keep working towards it. There is nothing in life you cannot achieve. The only way to achieve these dreams is by taking risks and believing in yourselves, your abilities, and by putting God first,” he said.

Honour roll:
Most Promising Player – Meschac Carrington
Most Outstanding Player – Anthony Mohammed
Most Goals – Anthony Mohammed
Most Valuable Player – Malik Robinson
Most improved Player – Syrron De La Rosa
Most Discipline Player – Josiah Samuel
Player of the year – Jeremiah Thomas
Best All round academic Player – Kerron George

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #28 on: April 26, 2019, 12:25:08 AM »
Well Done Crown Trace FC!
TTFA Media.

The Trinidad and Tobago Football Association wishes to extend heartfelt congratulations to Crown Trace FC on its successful participation at the Manchester Easter Cup in Manchester last weekend.

The team from Crown Trace, Enterprise finished runners up after losing the final 1-0 to Dungannon United of Republic of Ireland.

“We took part in the class E 2004 bracket which was one of the most competitive categories with teams from Netherlands, Denmark, Ireland, south Africa and England with us being the lone Caribbean participant,” club head coach and founder Nicholas Griffith told TTFA Media.

Crown Trace topped its group with seven points with a  6-1 win over  AFC Rustenburg of  South Africa, 4-0 over Leeds AFC of Ireland and drew 0-0 with  Karlslunde IF. They defeated VV de Zouaven 1-0 in the semi finals.

“The club is happy to offer such great opportunities to youngsters to measure themselves on an international scale and to gain such experience,” Griffith added.

“Many youngsters from the entire central region were selected and also from the wider community of Trinidad when we hosted a screening in January. We remain hopeful to continue to provide such opportunities for many youngsters once we continue to get the necessary support,” Griffith added.

1]; } ?>