March 29, 2024, 03:15:39 AM

Author Topic: Football Manager 2015  (Read 6657 times)

Offline Tiresais

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Football Manager 2015
« on: April 17, 2014, 06:55:37 AM »
So as a lot of you know there are a couple reasons I'm here;

1) I love football

2) I've been interested in Trini football for 3/4 years now

3) I'll be moving to Trinidad in July/August (hopefully)

4) I create the "Caribbean Megapack" every year for Football manager, allowing people to manage teams across the Caribbean

The latter point started with just Trini - my edits are now up to 50,000 unique edits updating Trinidad's league system from Pro League to the 2nd divisions of the NFA, SFA, EFA and Tobagoan 3rd div. If you have a team near you, I likely have them in my database, from Patna Village to Toco Secondary to Goal City to Manzanilla. Moreover, I have the first teams of both Pro League and Super League in the database, along with the odd player here and there wherever I can find them.

So why did I start this thread?

You're the first to know outside my family - I've been hired as the Head Researcher for the Caribbean for FM 2015. Basically, I'm updating the game's database, and it's a huge job - some of the edits in Trinidad date from 2005! People like Cyd Grey are still playing, United Petrotrin still exist and Central are only in the database 'cause I asked for it last year.

So I'm going to be updating our isles first, and if you have any random information and tidbits then I'd love to hear it. Anything that helps update the league and represent Trinidad and Tobago in a more accurate light. I've got league winners from 1908 in the game so far (Royal Sussex regiment came to put down unrest in 1920 and won the league while oppressing Trinidadians...), so any other quirks or family stories related to football would be good to hear (even if not relevant)

Which is why, when I'm in the country, I'll be doing things like scouting players and assessing their skills. At the moment I religiously watch the youtube highlights of games to garner as much info as possible, and rely on your opinions and information. To that end - if any of you attend matches next season, it'd be great to catch a beer or coffee after and talk about the players we've seen, or maybe promote more discussions in relation to the games. Also, if we could find some way to get full games on youtube or promote a mass-watching of games on ACTS25 that'd be nice to build up some more interest.

Also, if you have contacts at clubs that can help me flesh out things like staff, players, history (foundation date, of which I have a couple already, competition victories, players or staff who are loved/hated by the club, rivalries especially (e.g. Maple v Malvern, intercol rivalries), attendance and goal record holders) they'd be greatly appreciated. At the moment only Jamaica gets updated, which I'm sure you think is a travesty as much as I do!

Long post, TL:DR - I want your opinions and thoughts and stories on Trinibagonian footy.

Offline Tiresais

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Football Manager 2015
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2014, 09:22:03 AM »
Things I'd love to know if possible :) (Will be updated when I think of something)

Info on Malabar FC; Founded? President/Chairman/Owner? Where they play (I have UTT O'Meera pitch as their "home" ground)?

James McLean of Guyana - age? All I really know is the held positions at NE Stars

Troy Boodoosingh and Wayne Lawson - both physios for W Connection? Former U18? Is the latter more a fitness coach than physio?

William Oliveira previously of W Connection
« Last Edit: May 03, 2014, 11:15:11 AM by Tiresais »

Offline Sando

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2014, 10:23:10 AM »
So as a lot of you know there are a couple reasons I'm here;

1) I love football

2) I've been interested in Trini football for 3/4 years now

3) I'll be moving to Trinidad in July/August (hopefully)

4) I create the "Caribbean Megapack" every year for Football manager, allowing people to manage teams across the Caribbean

The latter point started with just Trini - my edits are now up to 50,000 unique edits updating Trinidad's league system from Pro League to the 2nd divisions of the NFA, SFA, EFA and Tobagoan 3rd div. If you have a team near you, I likely have them in my database, from Patna Village to Toco Secondary to Goal City to Manzanilla. Moreover, I have the first teams of both Pro League and Super League in the database, along with the odd player here and there wherever I can find them.

So why did I start this thread?

You're the first to know outside my family - I've been hired as the Head Researcher for the Caribbean for FM 2015. Basically, I'm updating the game's database, and it's a huge job - some of the edits in Trinidad date from 2005! People like Cyd Grey are still playing, United Petrotrin still exist and Central are only in the database 'cause I asked for it last year.

So I'm going to be updating our isles first, and if you have any random information and tidbits then I'd love to hear it. Anything that helps update the league and represent Trinidad and Tobago in a more accurate light. I've got league winners from 1908 in the game so far (Royal Sussex regiment came to put down unrest in 1920 and won the league while oppressing Trinidadians...), so any other quirks or family stories related to football would be good to hear (even if not relevant)

Which is why, when I'm in the country, I'll be doing things like scouting players and assessing their skills. At the moment I religiously watch the youtube highlights of games to garner as much info as possible, and rely on your opinions and information. To that end - if any of you attend matches next season, it'd be great to catch a beer or coffee after and talk about the players we've seen, or maybe promote more discussions in relation to the games. Also, if we could find some way to get full games on youtube or promote a mass-watching of games on ACTS25 that'd be nice to build up some more interest.

Also, if you have contacts at clubs that can help me flesh out things like staff, players, history (foundation date, of which I have a couple already, competition victories, players or staff who are loved/hated by the club, rivalries especially (e.g. Maple v Malvern, intercol rivalries), attendance and goal record holders) they'd be greatly appreciated. At the moment only Jamaica gets updated, which I'm sure you think is a travesty as much as I do!

Long post, TL:DR - I want your opinions and thoughts and stories on Trinibagonian footy.

You going to live in Trinidad now?

Offline Tiresais

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2014, 10:46:15 AM »
Yea :) I've applied to do a Ph.D. in Economics at UWI on the role China could/will play in the Caribbean economies. Hopefully I'll get accepted and get the scholarship. If not, I'll be moving for a year anyway :)

Offline supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2014, 10:48:39 AM »
Throw a few gems in the database nuh ; )

Why wont they release this for the xbox?
Hart for president

Offline Tiresais

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2014, 11:32:15 AM »
Throw a few gems in the database nuh ; )

Why wont they release this for the xbox?

Hah I hope to be able to scout some good-quality Trini's so they get a bit more exposure.

They released FM06 for the Xbox 360 but I don't think the demand was there - they do release a hand-held version every year tho, doubt you can use edited games on it tho :(. I bet it'll be Steambox compatible tho, if you fancied an outlay (have no idea if it will be tho).

Offline Dynamite Warrior

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2014, 02:12:21 PM »
A little off topic but has anybody bought the new FIFA i was wondering how we look in it.

Offline Tiresais

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2014, 02:16:34 PM »
A little off topic but has anybody bought the new FIFA i was wondering how we look in it.

I don't think we were even in it last year - was considering buying FIFA but couldn't find evidence that we were in it. Not interested in games without T&T these days lol

Offline Dynamite Warrior

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2014, 02:52:51 PM »
I know for a fact that we are in the new game that was released this week just haven't bought it yet.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2014_FIFA_World_Cup_Brazil_(video_game)

Offline Tiresais

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 18, 2014, 03:02:11 PM »
Huh interesting...

Offline Jahyouth

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 18, 2014, 04:56:12 PM »
Boy, I fraid Football Manager.  Have been playing since 1998 Champman days.  Whenever I start a new game I get TOTALLY immersed, no sleep at all!!!!!  LOL

Glad to see serious consideration to our football in the database.  Good luck.

Offline gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 18, 2014, 07:36:35 PM »
I know for a fact that we are in the new game that was released this week just haven't bought it yet.

Yep. Bought it the other day. Key guys missing from TT roster i.e. Cordell Cato, Sheldon Bateau and Cornel Glen. Surprised these guys werent  on the rosters while other less skilled/popular players made the roster.

Other than that. Decent game.

Offline Tiresais

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 19, 2014, 03:38:13 AM »

Yep. Bought it the other day. Key guys missing from TT roster i.e. Cordell Cato, Sheldon Bateau and Cornel Glen. Surprised these guys werent  on the rosters while other less skilled/popular players made the roster.

Other than that. Decent game.

What's teh team? I bet they're working off old data like FM, possibly even using FM's data :p

Offline Tiresais

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 19, 2014, 03:39:11 AM »
Boy, I fraid Football Manager.  Have been playing since 1998 Champman days.  Whenever I start a new game I get TOTALLY immersed, no sleep at all!!!!!  LOL

Hah thanks man, who do you usually play as? I've been playing as W Connection lately with meh Megapack, can't qualify from the CONCACAF group for love-nor-money

Offline Jahyouth

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 19, 2014, 05:09:33 AM »

Hah thanks man, who do you usually play as? I've been playing as W Connection lately with meh Megapack, can't qualify from the CONCACAF group for love-nor-money

I usually play as Arsenal, but enjoy playing as random small teams more when I feel like being a Lower League Manager (LLAMA).

Is the Caribbean Megapack in the Large Database as a default, or does it have to be downloaded?  Would be interesting to try to get St. Anns Rangers out of the cellar!

Offline Tiresais

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 19, 2014, 08:22:41 AM »

I usually play as Arsenal, but enjoy playing as random small teams more when I feel like being a Lower League Manager (LLAMA).

Is the Caribbean Megapack in the Large Database as a default, or does it have to be downloaded?  Would be interesting to try to get St. Anns Rangers out of the cellar!

Here's my download thread; http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/377709-FM2014-The-Caribbean-Megapack-V.1

Currently there's a bug with the game that means that some people start with Central missing half their players :( really annoying, but lets you pick up Dwight Quintero on a free :p. That bug also means it ignores some of my work on player abilities, histories, and other stuff, which is also a shame. But the pack will let you qualify for the CFU Club Championship if you finish top 2, then you get into the CONCACAF Champs if you place top 3 in that (3rd place playoff in the game). Then you can get wrecked by awesome American and Mexican teams lol. I lost like 5-0 to America (the Mexican team) one season, but also drew 1-1 with them another, so it's possible, just not been good enough so far! I think if you managed to buy Jorsling and had Jorsling-Roberts up front you'd be pretty formidable!

Yea Saint Ann's are in trouble lol, they and Police often finish bottom. I've enabled promotion/relegation to National Super League in this file to make it more interesting, although you can disable that if it's not your cup of tea. If you fancy LLM'ing you can take control of Maple or Malvern and bring back historical dominance from the regional lower leagues :p
« Last Edit: April 19, 2014, 08:27:07 AM by Tiresais »

Offline Tiresais

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 25, 2014, 06:23:57 AM »
Updated for plea for info on James McLean

Offline BBL

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 26, 2014, 08:52:56 AM »
Things I'd love to know if possible :) (Will be updated when I think of something)

Info on Malabar FC; Founded? President/Chairman/Owner? Where they play (I have UTT O'Meera pitch as their "home" ground)?

Larry Gomes Stadium, Arima according to this: http://www.newsday.co.tt/sport/0,190414.html

Offline Tiresais

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 03, 2014, 11:14:30 AM »
Anyone know where William Oliveira is?

Offline Tiresais

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 28, 2014, 01:56:50 AM »
The Football Manager Documentary Trailer

The gaffer, Miles Jacobson also leaked some of the names featuring in the documentary. Revealed so far are: Demetrio Albertini, Ole Gunnar Solskjaer, Paolo Nutini, Jon McClure, Alex & Jon McLeish, Will Hughes, Adam Le Fondre and Miles himself talking with Ov & Paul Collyer, the founders of Sports Interactive. There are plenty more surprise appearances, but you’ll have to buy a ticket to find out who!

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/JsGR89gzYhE" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/JsGR89gzYhE</a>

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #20 on: September 28, 2014, 06:07:28 PM »

Back in Brazil, finished with football.

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Tiresais

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 30, 2014, 02:00:18 PM »

Back in Brazil, finished with football.

Thanks for the info, shame - by all measures he was quite handy when at W Connection AFAIK

1]; } ?>