April 30, 2024, 05:35:26 AM

Author Topic: Thread for T&T Track & Field Athletes News at home in Trinidad & Tobago!  (Read 1148 times)

Offline Socapro

• Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
Jehue beaten at 13th annual Falcons Games
Sunday, April 13 2014 (T&T Newsday)

400m Hurdles Finals at Falcon Games 2014
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/I4Dc61xswmc" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/I4Dc61xswmc</a>
Jehue Gordon in tight battle with Alejandro in his first 400m Hurdles for 2014: Go to 2:46

World Champion Jehue Gordon was beaten into second in the men’s 400m hurdles at the 13th annual Falcon Games at the Hasely Crawford Stadium, Mucurapo yesterday. Gordon was going for his fifth victory in the one lap hurdles event and started strongly, leading the field coming into the final 100m but Puerto Rico’s Eric Alejandro accelerated over the last two hurdles to pip Gordon on the line in a time of 49.92 with the World champ .02 of a second slower. Another TT athlete, Emanuel Mayers took the bronze (51.11). The victory was the second by Alejandro over Gordon at the Falcons. Gordon said despite his second place finish he was satisfied with the run as he is currently completing his final year exams at the University of the West Indies.

“Right now I am under some pressure with final exams at school. As this is my final year the emphasis is to finish up my school work,” he said.

The 2010 World Junior champ added that one of his goal was to get the feel of his pet event in the new season. “This is my first 400m race for the year, it was about getting the feel of the race again...The year has been going really good. Training has been really well and I am happy where I am right now,” he said.

Gordon’s next meet is the Jamaican Invitational on May 4. Meanwhile Alejandro revealed he has been working on his finish.

“I have been trying something new and working more on coming home (strong). I have been doing more distance in training - running 800m and 1000m. My finish has been my downfall in past season.”
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline Socapro

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Brown beaten in Falcon 100
By Donstan Bonn (T&T Express)
Story Created: Apr 13, 2014 at 11:31 PM ECT

Men's 100m heats and final at Falcon Games 2014
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/6BGxsxp_wlg" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/6BGxsxp_wlg</a>
Go to 1:42 for last Heat with Darrel Brown followed by the Final where he placed 4th

Darrell Brown failed to live up to the preview he gave in the heats of the 13th annual Falcon Games at the Hasely Crawford Stadium in Port of Spain yesterday when he finished a disappointing fourth in the men’s 100 metres final.
Earlier in the day, Brown won his heat in 10.39 seconds from Codrington Elite’s American sprinter Woodrow Randall as he literally jogged alongside his rival, who also returned in 10.39.
However, when the championship clash arrived, Brown failed to fire as Randall’s Guyanese clubmate Adam Harris prevailed in a prolonged stretch duel with Abilene’s Jonathan Farinha with Randall back in third.
Harris won in 10.29 seconds with Farinha second in 10.39 Randall third in 10.46. Brown returned in 10.51 seconds.

Simplex’s Kamaria Durant took the women’s 100 metres from Alexis Love of Codrington Elite and Aaliyah Telesford of Point Fortin New Jets. Durant returned in 11.63 seconds while Love stopped the clock at 11.82 and Telesford, 11.92.

In other sprint action, Carifta-bound Micah Ballantyne of Alpha Athletics romped home in 10.68 seconds to bag gold in the Boy’s Under-20 100 metres. Zenith’s Nicholas Douglas earned silver in 10.86, with bronze going to Cordell Griffith of HSP Spartans in 10.97.

And Akanni Hislop was a facile winner of the Boys Under-18 100 metres. The Zenith sprinter did not get the best of starts but he quickly hit top gear to go past his rivals and win going away in 10.76. Dovers’ Joash Huggins had to settle for silver in 11.09 and Bevon Gordon, bronze, in 11.21.

Abilene Wildcats’ Tyler Francis captured the men’s 400m but not after a spirited stretch duel with reigning World 400-metre hurdles champion Jehue Gordon. The winner made an early move up the backstretch to come off the final bend in front but Gordon would range alongside to deliver his challenge. Francis, however, had something in reserve as he pulled away in the final 20 metres to win in 47.40 seconds. Gordon returned in 48.22 with Kemon Henry of Grenada, third in 48.49.

Neon Trackers’ Ayoka Cummings ran down the Codrington Elite pair of Najah Floyd and Chana Powell-Vinson to capture gold in the women’s 400 metres. Cummings came off the final bend in third position but would change gears in deep-stretch to gradually wear down her two rivals and prevail in 55.86 seconds. Floyd stopped the clock in 56 seconds flat for second place with her clubmate third in 56.17.
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline royal

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/6BGxsxp_wlg" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/6BGxsxp_wlg</a>
Go to 1:42 for last Heat with Darrel Brown followed by the Final where he placed 4th

Darrell Brown failed to live up to the preview he gave in the heats of the 13th annual Falcon Games at the Hasely Crawford Stadium in Port of Spain yesterday when he finished a disappointing fourth in the men’s 100 metres final.
Earlier in the day, Brown won his heat in 10.39 seconds from Codrington Elite’s American sprinter Woodrow Randall as he literally jogged alongside his rival, who also returned in 10.39.
However, when the championship clash arrived, Brown failed to fire as Randall’s Guyanese clubmate Adam Harris prevailed in a prolonged stretch duel with Abilene’s Jonathan Farinha with Randall back in third.
Harris won in 10.29 seconds with Farinha second in 10.39 Randall third in 10.46. Brown returned in 10.51 seconds.

Simplex’s Kamaria Durant took the women’s 100 metres from Alexis Love of Codrington Elite and Aaliyah Telesford of Point Fortin New Jets. Durant returned in 11.63 seconds while Love stopped the clock at 11.82 and Telesford, 11.92.

In other sprint action, Carifta-bound Micah Ballantyne of Alpha Athletics romped home in 10.68 seconds to bag gold in the Boy’s Under-20 100 metres. Zenith’s Nicholas Douglas earned silver in 10.86, with bronze going to Cordell Griffith of HSP Spartans in 10.97.

And Akanni Hislop was a facile winner of the Boys Under-18 100 metres. The Zenith sprinter did not get the best of starts but he quickly hit top gear to go past his rivals and win going away in 10.76. Dovers’ Joash Huggins had to settle for silver in 11.09 and Bevon Gordon, bronze, in 11.21.

Abilene Wildcats’ Tyler Francis captured the men’s 400m but not after a spirited stretch duel with reigning World 400-metre hurdles champion Jehue Gordon. The winner made an early move up the backstretch to come off the final bend in front but Gordon would range alongside to deliver his challenge. Francis, however, had something in reserve as he pulled away in the final 20 metres to win in 47.40 seconds. Gordon returned in 48.22 with Kemon Henry of Grenada, third in 48.49.

Neon Trackers’ Ayoka Cummings ran down the Codrington Elite pair of Najah Floyd and Chana Powell-Vinson to capture gold in the women’s 400 metres. Cummings came off the final bend in third position but would change gears in deep-stretch to gradually wear down her two rivals and prevail in 55.86 seconds. Floyd stopped the clock in 56 seconds flat for second place with her clubmate third in 56.17.

is dat a blow horn I'm hearing in de background instead of ah gun from de starter  ???

Offline Socapro

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

is dat a blow horn I'm hearing in de background instead of ah gun from de starter  ???
Maybe one of them criminals home thief the starter gun?!
Well is either that or the race starter horning somebody so want to signal that by using a blow horn!  :devil:
« Last Edit: April 16, 2014, 03:36:33 PM by Socapro »

1]; } ?>