April 19, 2024, 03:01:17 PM

Author Topic: Trinidadian Father beats his son  (Read 2952 times)

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Trinidadian Father beats his son
« on: April 26, 2014, 08:16:31 AM »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/K_T_xMjMHw8" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/K_T_xMjMHw8</a>
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
Re: Trinidadian Father beats his son
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2014, 09:51:44 AM »
It all depends on what the father is beating his son for.

If he was beating his son for stealing or selling drugs or getting a young girl pregnant that he can't afford to mind then he may have deserved some licks. Also we don't know if the father has spoken to his son about whatever he is being punished for on many occasions and he just won't listen and this is a last resort.
We don't know what the licks is for and it may even serve to save the boy's life in the future especially if the licks was for the boy getting involved with crime or drugs. This could be what we call tough love, who knows?

On the other hand that incident could be classed as child abuse if the father was not doing it as a last resort and the beatings are regular and way over the top in regards to the crime the boy committed.
Does the father beat the boy regularly over the slightest issue rather than talk to him?
Does the father suspect that the boy is a horn child and is taking his frustration out on the him rather than confronting his wife/girlfriend about his suspicions?
Should he get a DNA test done to put his mind at ease?
There are so many possibilities here.  :-\
« Last Edit: April 26, 2014, 10:43:20 AM by Socapro »
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline triniairman

• Hero Warrior
  • ah doh puh water in meh mouth to talk
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2014, 10:30:23 AM »
Are you serious? That's a piece of wood he just got beat with. He even hit him on his head... Normally I would defend a good cutt arse, cause I been through it and done it.. Infact I get cable, wood, and even pot spoon cut arse, but when yuh start hitting a child in areas that could possibly disable/kill them, them that is straight up abuse. The youth in the drain, and you swinging wood, oblivious to where you hitting him is not right.. I still support a good cut arse, but will never condone abusive beatings!!

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2014, 10:38:09 AM »
Are you serious? That's a piece of wood he just got beat with. He even hit him on his head... Normally I would defend a good cutt arse, cause I been through it and done it.. Infact I get cable, wood, and even pot spoon cut arse, but when yuh start hitting a child in areas that could possibly disable/kill them, them that is straight up abuse. The youth in the drain, and you swinging wood, oblivious to where you hitting him is not right.. I still support a good cut arse, but will never condone abusive beatings!!
I did not defend anything just speculated as to reasons for the beating and outlined possibilities.

It is most likely the 2nd option I gave might be correct one as the incident was not videoed voluntarily and was probably done by a friend of the boy to expose that he was being abused/assaulted by his father.

PS: I didn't notice the boy being hit on his head but if he was then that is very dangerous and was definitely a physical assault rather than him being disciplined.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2014, 10:45:31 AM by Socapro »
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2014, 11:12:43 AM »
There's no need to speculate, the father states the reason fuh de cutass right in the video "yuh play yuh like de road?"  It is clear he doh want he son liming, or didn't want him liming at that time.  He son play man and get he ass buss.  Triniairman dat eh no kinda wood, dat is ah li'l 1x4 plank.  Dat thing slapping him more than anything else.  I have to agree with the father on this one, at least if this fella turn out bad it wouldn't be because he father didn't put he foot up he ass.

Thing that make me vex doh is one ah de next wannabe gangstas complaining how "he hitting de man with ah big piece ah wood"... that is exactly what some ah dem need, he lucky de father didn't turn around and ress to lash in he ass. I could never get away with putting my mouth in father and son thing growing up.  De father woulda buss my ass, then my parents would turn around and do de same once I reach home.

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2014, 11:39:07 AM »
There's no need to speculate, the father states the reason fuh de cutass right in the video "yuh play yuh like de road?"  It is clear he doh want he son liming, or didn't want him liming at that time.  He son play man and get he ass buss.  Triniairman dat eh no kinda wood, dat is ah li'l 1x4 plank.  Dat thing slapping him more than anything else.  I have to agree with the father on this one, at least if this fella turn out bad it wouldn't be because he father didn't put he foot up he ass.

Thing that make me vex doh is one ah de next wannabe gangstas complaining how "he hitting de man with ah big piece ah wood"... that is exactly what some ah dem need, he lucky de father didn't turn around and ress to lash in he ass. I could never get away with putting my mouth in father and son thing growing up.  De father woulda buss my ass, then my parents would turn around and do de same once I reach home.
Just looked at the video again and you are correct.

I suspect that in the current climate one of the boy's wayward friends filmed the punishment and uploaded it to YouTube or facebook in the hope it would get the father into trouble for trying to control and discipline his son.

These youngsters are not stupid, they want to have their way and disobey their parents with no consequences hence the high delinquency and crime rate in certain neighbourhoods.

Maybe the father wants the boy to go home and study his books and not be liming on the road at that time and he won't listen so the father decided to put his foot down.
If that is the case then well done to the father.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2014, 11:43:54 AM by Socapro »

Offline triniairman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2014, 02:30:50 PM »
I just thought he could have atleast let the youth come out the drain lol There was really one way to hit him in there, and that was from top downwards, next thing you know, the youth get a bad blow in his head and die, and poor dad, who trying to teach his son a lesson end up without a son and doing life in prison.

Offline zuluwarrior

• Hero Warrior
  • use your tongue to count your teeth
    • View Profile
    • http://pointalive.com
« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2014, 03:15:20 PM »
That is joke to  what i use too get ,is kick and cuff when that was not enough the man get a cable wire ,one cable wire i would run up the wall across the ceiling and come down the nex wall was pressure from the grenadadian .
good things happening to good people: a good thing
good things happening to bad people: a bad thing
bad things happening to good people: a bad thing
bad things happening to bad people: a good thing

Offline mukumsplau

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2014, 04:13:33 PM »
thas just plain violence...not disciplining...unspoken rule that binds the beater and beatee..u dont go for the face unless its open palm...that there is violence...

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 26, 2014, 04:31:30 PM »
He should've take him out the drain and beat him. The way pops was swinging that plank with his son laying defenseless in that canal, he could've really hit him in the head and injure him.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 26, 2014, 08:50:16 PM »
Somebody gone and complain and they take down de vid.  Good thing, I suppose.

Offline triniairman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 28, 2014, 12:52:15 PM »
Just saw it on FB, so I guess it still circulating

Offline zuluwarrior

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 28, 2014, 04:49:25 PM »
Boy, 14, found hanging in bathroom
Story Created: Apr 27, 2014 at 8:58 PM ECT
Story Updated: Apr 28, 2014 at 10:43 AM ECT
 At  about 11.30 p.m. Saturday, Northern Division police responded to a report of the death of a 14-year-old boy.
Police said Jameel Miller of Ried Lane, D’Abadie was found hanging in bathroom of his home from a vest tied around neck. The discovery was made by a female relative who woke up to use the washroom. A chair was found about two feet away from where the body was hanging.
Investigators said they later found a note in a cupboard in the living room in which the teenager gave his reasons for taking his life.   

This article have anything to do with this thread, just asking ?

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 28, 2014, 05:22:50 PM »
Boy, 14, found hanging in bathroom
Story Created: Apr 27, 2014 at 8:58 PM ECT
Story Updated: Apr 28, 2014 at 10:43 AM ECT
 At  about 11.30 p.m. Saturday, Northern Division police responded to a report of the death of a 14-year-old boy.
Police said Jameel Miller of Ried Lane, D’Abadie was found hanging in bathroom of his home from a vest tied around neck. The discovery was made by a female relative who woke up to use the washroom. A chair was found about two feet away from where the body was hanging.
Investigators said they later found a note in a cupboard in the living room in which the teenager gave his reasons for taking his life.   

This article have anything to do with this thread, just asking ?
Unless the article said it has a connection why make that assumption?

Offline zuluwarrior

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 28, 2014, 05:50:56 PM »
I tuned in late too a program that was on going on the radio ,one of the person on the panel spoke  about  a boy hung himself, father and beating of a boy after that the facebook beating came up ,that is why i ask if it had any relation .

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 28, 2014, 06:04:12 PM »
I tuned in late too a program that was on going on the radio ,one of the person on the panel spoke  about  a boy hung himself, father and beating of a boy after that the facebook beating came up ,that is why i ask if it had any relation .
Not as far as I am aware.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 28, 2014, 07:33:00 PM »

Doubt it
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

1]; } ?>