March 28, 2024, 04:08:30 AM

Author Topic: Political Parties and the future of T&T  (Read 2103 times)

Offline triniairman

• Hero Warrior
  • ah doh puh water in meh mouth to talk
    • View Profile
Political Parties and the future of T&T
« on: April 26, 2014, 03:09:41 PM »
I was thinking how much I miss home today, which lead to me thinking about crime, corruption, politics, culture, and the future of T&T.

The two items that stuck with me the most was the politics and the future of our country. I started thinking which government party was the best one to introduce modernized technology, better transportation system, policing techniques, poverty reduction, modernized schools with trained and motivated teachers etc. Which government party can make T&T a better place for the future of our children. Then I realized the answer was none of the the political parties.

It is said that Albert Einstein said "Insanity is doing the same thing, over and over again, but expecting different results.” not sure if he was the one that really said that, but that line makes sense to me especially when I apply it to our choosing of government leadership. We vote for the same people over and over and expect different results.

Why is our government set up in a way for us to vote for the same damn people every 5 years. I mean if I vote for UNC this year and the leader is Kamla, and at the end of the 5 years, I think that she was not the right government leader for T&T, so I vote PNM, but after another 5 years, I think that the PNM government was just as bad, so now I looking to vote back UNC cause its not like I have many to choose from, the problem is, Kamla is still the leader of the UNC. So it's either I vote a leader who did not get the job done 10 years ago or I vote back into power a leader that did not get the job done for the last 5 years.

Our country have the potential to be a top nation among nations small as it is with it's many resources. Its our leaders that are holding us back, and we as a people are the ones that are putting these people in power.

I don't expect you all to act like Mrs.Cleo, but tell me,
Do you all really see a bright future for T&T with this current political set up that we have?
Do you think the current set up can be changed if ever?
Will people be open for a change?
Do you think there should be a limit as to how long someone should be in charge of a party?
Do you see the current set up as perfect and no change is necessary?

P.S I think that that the political parties that we have divides the nation, and only a fool will pretend that they don't see that.

« Last Edit: April 26, 2014, 03:12:34 PM by triniairman »

Offline triniairman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Political Parties and the future of T&T
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2014, 12:10:25 PM »
No answers.. Made too much sense or was it just nonsense? Lol

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2014, 05:04:00 PM »
triniairman, form your own party and let's see what you have to offer.

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2014, 05:16:13 PM »
Obviously a new viable party is needed and people with integrity and the right skills to run a honest and progressive government for the country need to start that new party.

Maybe there is already a third party that fits the bill and more people need to join and support them.
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2014, 07:37:40 PM »
Obviously a new viable party is needed and people with integrity and the right skills to run a honest and progressive government for the country need to start that new party.

Maybe there is already a third party that fits the bill and more people need to join and support them.

3rd parties do not work.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2014, 07:46:47 PM »

3rd parties do not work.
It is worth considering if the two main parties are not working fairly for the benefit of the country as a whole.

If the 3rd party gains enough support them it could become one of the two main parties.

Keep in mind that one or both of the two main parties are likely to lose supporters to the 3rd upcoming party if the 3rd party is to become one of the two main parties and get into power.

PS: Of course if the 3rd party is the one run by Jack then we are definitely better off with the two main parties we currently have to choose between.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2014, 07:50:08 PM by Socapro »
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline sammy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2014, 06:50:19 AM »
things cyah get better cause the ppl themselves too greedy and nasty.

Imagine money saving and destroying we at the same time.
"Giving away something in charity does not cause any decrease in a person's wealth, but increases it instead. The person who adopt humility for the sake of Allah is exalted in ranks by Him".
(Muslim)

Offline triniairman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2014, 11:20:05 AM »
How about answering one of the questions Deeks.. I do not wish to run a damn party, and if I did, I would not want to be the leader for no more than 2 terms. The more I think about my post the more I realize how ancient the political system is in T&T. Even if people do not want to see other parties involved, the leaders of the main parties should be changed after a certain period, and not be allowed to be in power again. Bring in new blood, new ideas, and maybe we will see a difference in the country.

Offline sammy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2014, 12:40:23 PM »
I think I saw an Ad this morning hinting to the launching of a new party......will look closer if I see the Ad again.
"Giving away something in charity does not cause any decrease in a person's wealth, but increases it instead. The person who adopt humility for the sake of Allah is exalted in ranks by Him".
(Muslim)

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
  • yuh cyar take meh ancestry from meh
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 04, 2014, 03:17:46 PM »
Well in my opinion- political parties in and of themselves are not solely at fault for all the ills of a nation. Yes they are duly elected officials with a mandate to govern yet without the decision of the electorates we do not have a government. The responsibility and the decision as to who shall govern is one that lies with the masses. If the masses are easily duped by ' false' or baseless  promises without substance then who is to shoulder the blame?

When  we witness incompetency, nepotism, favoritism and those who lack the knowledge to head up certain ministries and portfolios, how could people with a clear moral conscience stand behind  those leaders and insist that they will put them back in power? 'for too long we have existed with a  followed the 'piped piper' mentality. following blindly like sheep  baaaing out in the pasture then we run around  dropping pellets when trouble take we. We blame the same people we  put up dey!!!!!

When leaders are blamed  or accused of allegations of corruption how could we with all moral conscience support that person? how in all of democracy could a person turn around and form a party and have  people believing that he can do no wrong? the ghost of 'Jim Jones' is indeed within our region. Too many have drank the kool aid and then continue to complain of  stomach ache and all that has gone wrong.

I know what they will do next election- take two panadol and go back and put the same people ' more food to  fill their  hunger while the poor continue to starve fuh ah food.

If anyone was to study the genealogy, the  precepts and the principles of this governance one would see that divisive and corruptible elements h as been a part of its composition- so before jumping to blame a political party for the mess we are in- take stock of self before we vote freely based on feelings. Ask yuself if this party really stands for unity or for all peoples not one element.

1]; } ?>