April 28, 2024, 03:51:08 AM

Author Topic: 2014 Commonwealth Games Thread: Wed 23 July — Sun 3 Aug 2014, Glassgow, Scotland  (Read 49907 times)

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
I agree we are disappointed. But this is not the time to chinks on funding for these athletes. We need to double the funding for these athletes. They track athletes need their seperate facilities. They can be having to depend on when HCS is available because of some big fete, etc.

I understand your points but understand the people of TT frustration with so many of our athletes failing to get past the first round in Athletics and other sports in the competition. The hockey team was killed 14-0 by India. Some fans will say its a waste of money to send teams and athletes who are not prepared.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2014, 07:04:05 PM by Sando prince »

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Well done Gordon. I was hoping for two medals but Solomon looked like he couldn't find that extra gear.  Good show by T&T. 
Quow pulled up so now we have to see if he available for the relay.

I now see the shit Sorillo do. Ease up at the line and get passed. I think he is the last qualifier.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2014, 02:52:44 PM by Peong »

Offline Socapro

• Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
I agree we are disappointed. But this is not the time to chinks on funding for these athletes. We need to double the funding for these athletes. They track athletes need their seperate facilities. They can be having to depend on when HCS is available because of some big fete, etc.
:thumbsup:
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline Socapro

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Big up Lalonde on the run. Bronze and a season's best of 44.78
:beermug:

Lalonde could have won silver if he went out slightly faster or if the race was 5 metres longer.

Hope Quow is not injured as he did not finish (DNF) and we need him for the 4x4 Relay to maximize our chances of pushing for gold. This is why Cedenio should have been listed in our 4x4 relay squad despite attending World Junior Champs because he has been back home for the last week resting and twiddling his toes when he could have gained some useful experience running for us at the Commonwealth Games.
If the Jamiacans had a young quarter miler like Cedenio that is healthy then he would not have been left at home for these CWGs. If we don't win 4x400m Relay Gold then I believe the short-sightedness of the CWG team selectors can be blamed as a factor.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2014, 04:28:40 PM by Socapro »
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Well done Gordon. I was hoping for two medals but Solomon looked like he couldn't find that extra gear.  Good show by T&T. 
Quow pulled up so now we have to see if he available for the relay.

I now see the shit Sorillo do. Ease up at the line and get passed. I think he is the last qualifier.

Unprofessional, he is lucky to be in the semis

Offline davyjenny1

• duaneoconnor-tt.com
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.duaneoconnor-tt.com
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/hcoh5XK2chY" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/hcoh5XK2chY</a>
The difference between the possible and
the impossible lies in a person determination.

Your Knowledge is directly related to your potential income.
 http://www.duaneoconnor-tt.com

Offline STMB

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

Hope Quow is not injured as he did not finish (DNF) and we need him for the 4x4 Relay to maximize our chances of pushing for gold. This is why Cedenio should have been listed in our 4x4 relay squad despite attending World Junior Champs because he has been back home for the last week resting and twiddling his toes when he could have gained some useful experience running for us at the Commonwealth Games.
If the Jamiacans had a young quarter miler like Cedenio that is healthy then he would not have been left at home for these CWGs. If we don't win 4x400m Relay Gold then I believe the short-sightedness of the CWG team selectors can be blamed as a factor.

Another non-selection that is puzzling is Carlyle Roudette. He has been a solid mid 44.xx relay leg all year long for Texas A&M who competed for selection (and placed what 3rd or 4th?) in the senior champs. Even after the long collegiate season he should be able and ready to run 2 x 400m relay legs as is Lendore. I think it would have been as risky to select Cedenio for the CWG taking into account his longer term future and risk of injury in cold conditions, coming from hot Eugene.

Again, the selectors do not seem to invest in risk planning, thinking "everything will work out". NO....the team traveled to and is competing in a "cold for summer" location (60 F for the 400m final). You must expect the eventuality of one or more of your critical relay leg athletes risking or enduring minor or severe injuries especially on tired legs, having run rounds to get to a final. This is even more exacerbated for the faster 100 and 200 men down to run the 4x100m.

I would like to think that an experienced Quow stopped before something actually pulled or popped and that the physio will be busy working on him with tomorrow being a day off before the relays. The only alternative is Jereem Richards or a tired Jehue Gordon after the 400m hurdles, but that will not be enough to overhaul Bahamas or even the UK or Jamaica, unless Chris Brown is more hurt than was reported.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2014, 07:36:51 PM by STMB »

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Congrats to Cleopatra Borel. Silver in shot put. Of course, Valerie Adams of NZ won. Cleo has been a very consistent medalist for TT. God Bless.

Offline royal

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

Another non-selection that is puzzling is Carlyle Roudette. He has been a solid mid 44.xx relay leg all year long for Texas A&M who competed for selection (and placed what 3rd or 4th?) in the senior champs. Even after the long collegiate season he should be able and ready to run 2 x 400m relay legs as is Lendore. I think it would have been as risky to select Cedenio for the CWG taking into account his longer term future and risk of injury in cold conditions, coming from hot Eugene.

Again, the selectors do not seem to invest in risk planning, thinking "everything will work out". NO....the team traveled to and is competing in a "cold for summer" location (60 F for the 400m final). You must expect the eventuality of one or more of your critical relay leg athletes risking or enduring minor or severe injuries especially on tired legs, having run rounds to get to a final. This is even more exacerbated for the faster 100 and 200 men down to run the 4x100m.

I would like to think that an experienced Quow stopped before something actually pulled or popped and that the physio will be busy working on him with tomorrow being a day off before the relays. The only alternative is Jereem Richards or a tired Jehue Gordon after the 400m hurdles, but that will not be enough to overhaul Bahamas or even the UK or Jamaica, unless Chris Brown is more hurt than was reported.

STMB his Dad's passport has to be re instated first then he can get his and you know the immigration bacchanal going on in Trinidad

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Congrats to Cleopatra Borel. Silver in shot put. Of course, Valerie Adams of NZ won. Cleo has been a very consistent medalist for TT. God Bless.

Congrats to Ms Cleopatra Borel! T&T is proud of you! I hope to see video footage of her performance. Its a shame most of these field events don't get uploaded on youtube.

« Last Edit: August 02, 2014, 12:38:02 PM by Sando prince »

Offline Aviator

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

Cedeonio has been back in Trinidad for no more than 2 days and it would have been a bad idea to force the yute to run in the Games. A simple expedia search shows the shortest flight time at 17 hours and there is also an 8 hour time difference to deal with. This is no seasoned pro, so that would have taken some serious over coming to be ready in 3 days. Young machel is exactly where he needs to be. In T&T breezing out.

Agreed with the point that Roudette should have been included for the relays despite his shortcomings in the open race.
Psalm 14:1
The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God.

Offline Aviator

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Men's 400m final
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/hcoh5XK2chY" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/hcoh5XK2chY</a>
Psalm 14:1
The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God.

Offline Socapro

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

Cedeonio has been back in Trinidad for no more than 2 days and it would have been a bad idea to force the yute to run in the Games. A simple expedia search shows the shortest flight time at 17 hours and there is also an 8 hour time difference to deal with. This is no seasoned pro, so that would have taken some serious over coming to be ready in 3 days. Young machel is exactly where he needs to be. In T&T breezing out.

Agreed with the point that Roudette should have been included for the relays despite his shortcomings in the open race.

Okay what you say about Cedenio being ready in 3 days makes sense.

Regards Roudette I believe they wanted to include him in the relay squad but couldn't because of passport problems. He does not yet have his T&T passport. If T&T was like Nigeria this would have been sorted in a matter of days ages ago.

Lalonde Gordon seems to be our best "cold weather" 400m sprinter especially where Major Champs are concerned. He hasn't been performing particularly well on the 400m T&F circuit this season but always seems to reliably show up with the goods at Major Champs and I like that about him.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2014, 02:22:17 AM by Socapro »

Offline Socapro

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Borel, Gordon light up T&T camp with medals
« Reply #194 on: July 31, 2014, 05:07:12 AM »
Commonwealth Games 2014
Borel, Gordon light up T&T camp with medals
Published: Thursday, July 31, 2014
By Rachael Thomspon-King (T&T Guardian)

The cold Scottish air could not cool down Cleopatra Borel and Lalonde Gordon as the duo went on to nab two more medals to make it three for T&T at the Commonwealth Games, yesterday. This was at Hampden Park Stadium in Glasgow.

Borel copped the silver in the women’s shot put event while Gordon bagged the bronze in the men’s 400 metres final.

“It feels awesome I’m really proud and happy to bring a medal home for T&T. For our team, each medal is precious so to be able to do my job I feel happy. I wish that I could do more,” said a beaming Borel, whose second attempt of 18.57 metres brought glory.

Despite being happy with her medal, Borel was her biggest critic, still feeling that she could have done better.

“Today I was not technically strong like I have been in the last couple of weeks.

She also confessed that she tried too hard on the last throw to get past Valerie Adams of New Zealand, the Olympic and world champion, whose second toss won her the gold, saying: “I ended up on the floor.”

Canadian Julie Labonte took the bronze with a season’s best 17.58.

T&T’s other competitor in the event, Annie Alexander fouled on each of her three attempts.

The temperature dropped to 16 degrees Celsius but the track was left scorching after the 400m final. Gordon crossed in 44.78 seconds behind favourite and eventual gold medallist Kirani James (44.24) of Grenada and South African Wayde van Niekerk (44.68), who won the silver.

“I kept telling myself keep going, keep going. My hamstring was a little tight from the cold but I decided to take it easy and feed off the crowd and it worked for me,” said Gordon.

T&T’ other finalists Jarrin Solomon placed sixth while Renny Quow pulled up some 150 metres from the line, holding his left thigh and limped off.

“We were hoping for a one-two-three like the Jamaicans girls but it didn’t happen I am just happy to make the country proud again.”

Gordon, Solomon and Quow are members of the 4x400m team which is expected to race tomorrow in the relays.

Gordon, who was seen chatting with Quow, as he limped off the track assured that Quow is fine. “He just felt a little tightness because of the coldness.

“We have a good team. I feel we will take the gold,” said Gordon.

Jehue Gordon cruised into the final of the 400m hurdles, clocking 49.42 to top the opening heat while Emanuel Mayers’ 50.51 was not quick enough to get him into the medal race.

Gordon, the world champion, got out well from the blocks cleared each hurdle with such that it was clear to see he would take the heat easily, basically strolling over the line.

The world champion said it was not as easy as it looked, having to battle with the chill that had moved in for much of the morning session.

“It’s my first Commonwealth Games. And it’s just to give my best. It was a good race, executed good with a few minor mistakes but that could be sorted out,” said Gordon.

“The final is about the best execution I could.” He will get that chance today at 3.15 pm.

He noted that the local camp got thirsty for medals after Ayanna Alexander won this country’s first medal on Tuesday.

“People want medals. The team hasn’t been performing the way the public expected but it’s just the way how sport is. Nothing is guaranteed and at the end of day, it is the best of the region we are competing against.”

Alexander was back in action yesterday in the long jump. However, she was unable to make it out of the qualification round. Her best jump was 5.77 which placed her 13th.

Deandra Daniel also attempted the high jump but fell short. She cleared the bar at 1.76m to place 17th.

Both Kyle Greaux and Rondell Sorillo got through to the 200m semifinals round, with the former returning a time of 20.79 to finish third in the 10th and final heat as one of the fastest losers. Sorillo took the final qualifying spot in 20.98 also placing third in the second heat.

Jereem Richards was eliminated despite finishing third in heat three in 21.13.

In the women’s version, Reyare Thomas qualified for the semifinals, clocking 23.25 to finish third in heat two. She will line up in second semifinal heat from lane eight today at 1.13 (T&T time)

Aleena Brooks, the lone local runner in the 800m, made an early exit, crossing in 2:06.33 to place sixth in her heat and was 21st overall.

Table Tennis

Dexter St Louis and his step-daughter Rheann Chung suffered a 3-1 (11-4, 11-9, 9-11, 11-4) beating by Indian duo Amlaraj Anthony Arputhara and Suhas Madhurika Patkar in the round of 32 mixed doubles competition.

Earlier, the T&T duo beat Dinesh Deshappriya and Hansani Piumila of Sri Lanka to advance from the round of 64.

In the round of 128 of the mixed doubles, T&T pair Aaron Wilson and Catherine Spicer beat Kane Watson and Yvonne Foster of Jamaica, 3-0 (11-9, 11-9, 11-7).

Curtis Humphreys and Ashley Quashie fell to Wales Conor Edwards and Angharad Phillips, 3-2 (5-11), 7-11, 11-9, 11-4, 11-8) while Aleena Edwards and Yuvraaj Dookram suffered the same fate to S Akayade and Celia Baah-Danso (3-2), 11-8, 3-11, 13-15, 11-7, 11-3.

Squash

Colin Ramasra and Kale Wilson lost to Scott Fitzgerald and David Haley, (2-0) 11-3, 11-6 group play in the men’s doubles competition.

In the women’s doubles, local duo Charlotte Knaggs and Kerri Sample failed to make it out of the Pool stages, losing their final two matches to Lynette Val and Eli Webb of Papua Nu Guinea, 2-1 (11-6, 10-11, 11-10) and Englishwomen Jenny Duncalf and Laura Massaro 2-0 (11-2, 11-4).

While in the mixed doubles, Ramasra partnered with Sample and topped Xavier Koeni and Vanessa Florens (Mauritius), 2-0 (11-3, 11-5) to have a win and a loss following Tuesday’s defeat to England.

Netball

The national netball team heads back to the SECC today to face hosts Scotland in the ninth and 10th playoff match in the 12-team competition. Also Barbados will battle St Lucia in the 11th and 12th playoff match.

Boxing

Aaron Prince’s journey at the 20th edition of the games came to end when he was beaten by Indian fighter Vijender Singh in the middleweight (75 kg) division in a unanimous decision.

Medals Standings

Team    G    S    B

England    38    35    32
Australia    35    32    39
Canada    22    7    22
Scotland    13    12    14
New Zealand    12    10    14
India    10    19    12
South Africa    9    10    12
Nigeria    6    5    8
Kenya    5    5    2
Jamaica    5    3    4
Wales    4    10    13
Singapore     4    1    1
Malaysia    3    5    5
Cyprus    2    3    2
Cameroon    1    3    2
Papua N’Guinea    1    1    0
Grenada    1    0    1
Kiribati     1    0    0
Pakistan    0    2    1
Samoa    0    2    1
T&T    0    1    2
Northern Ireland    0    1    1
Sri Lanka     0    1    0
Isle of Man    0    1    0
Bangladesh     0    1    0
Bahamas     0    1    0
Mozambique     0    1    0
Namibia    0    0    2
Fiji     0    0    1
Uganda     0    0    1
Mauritius     0    0    1
Ghana     0    0    1
Barbados    0    0    1
Zambia     0    0    1

Offline Socapro

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Borel, Lalonde strike silver and bronze
« Reply #195 on: July 31, 2014, 05:12:42 AM »
This journalist JONATHAN RAMNANANSINGH of the T&T Newsday does not seem do proper research before writing his reports on athletics. He mentioned that in the Men’s 200m all three medal hopefuls Rondel Sorrillo, Jereem Richards and Kyle Greaux did not make it out of their respective heats when the reality is that both Rondel Sorrillo and Kyle Greaux made it thru to the Semi-Finals as fastest losers and will be running later today.

Borel, Lalonde strike silver and bronze
By JONATHAN RAMNANANSINGH Thursday, July 31 2014 (T&T Newsday)

Trinidad and Tobago athletes, Cleopatra Borel and Lalonde Gordon, added two more medals to this nation’s XX Commonwealth Games tally when the former earned Women’s shot put silver and the latter held on to Men’s 400m bronze when competition continued in Glasgow, Scotland, yesterday.

Borel achieved a runner-up distance of 18.57 metres on her second attempt, having thrown the sphere 17.63m on her first attempt and 18.15m on her third try.

She finished behind eventual winner, Valerie Adams of New Zealand, who won with a distance of 19.88m. Bagging bronze with a season best 17.58m throw was Canadian Julie Labonte. Also flying the red, white and black in this event was Annie Alexander who finished without attaining an official mark.

Meanwhile, running out of lane three in the Men’s 400m, Gordon seemed to have a tough start coming out of the blocks, but finished strongly with about 50m to go in clocking a season’s best time of 44.78 seconds. Olympic gold medallist, Kirani James (Grenada) proved to be a cut above the rest by copping gold in 44.24s and shattering the Games’ record. South African Wayde Van Niekerk also got the better of Gordon as he held on to silver in 44.68s. TT athlete Jarrin Solomon, running out of lane seven, could only muster up a sixth place performance in 45.82s while Renny Quow did not finish the race.

Both Borel and Gordon’s podium places sent the 2014 national Commonwealth medal tally to three thus far, joining Ayanna Alexander’s bronze (14.01m) which she bagged in the triple jump event on Tuesday.

However, TT is certain to receive another medal, this time from Men’s Lightweight (60kg) boxing, as local Michael Alexander squares off against Joe Fitzpatrick (Northern Ireland) in tomorrow’s second semi-final clash. If Alexander is victorious, he advances to the final to vie for gold or silver. But if he loses, Alexander and the loser of the other semi-final will both receive bronze.

In other boxing news yesterday, Aaron Prince was unable to qualify for the semi-finals of the Men’s Middleweight (75kg) after going down to Indian athlete, Vijender Vijender. The 28-year-old national was out-pointed 30-27, 30-26, 29-28 in his three rounds of competition.

In other athletics news, reigning World Championships 400m hurdles gold medallist Jehue Gordon advanced to semi-finals of his pet event by qualifying with the fastest time in his round one heat. Gordon clocked a speedy 49.42s to progress. Emmanuel Mayers (50.51s) also vied for a semi-finalist spot in the 400m hurdles but finished fifth fastest in Heat Three and did not advance.

Tuesday’s medallist Alexander, was unable to secure another podium place in the Women’s long jump having produced a leap of 5.77m. This was the 13th best time in her heat and she did not move on to the next round.

Meanwhile, Men’s 200m medal hopefuls Rondel Sorrillo, Jereem Richards and Kyle Greaux did not make it out of their respective heats. The trio finished third fastest in their respective heats with Sorrillo clocking 20.98s, Richards 21.13s and Greaux 20.79s. In the women’s equivalent, Reyare Thomas attained a spot in the semi-finals when she finished with the third fastest and season best time of 23.25s in round one Heat Two. She vies for a place in the final today. And in Heat Two of the Women’s 800m, local Aleena Brooks failed to qualify for the following round as she finished sixth fastest in 2:06.33.

In table tennis action, TT’s Men’s Doubles team of Curtis Humphreys and Dexter St Louis advanced to the third round with two consecutive wins in previous round matches. In their opening clash against Pakistan, Humphreys/ St Louis emerged victorious 11-8, 11-1, 11-2 and then followed up with another win against Guyana. The TT unit disposed of the South Americans 12-14, 11-7, 9-11, 11-8, 11-4 and will meet Suriname today. TT’s second Men’s Doubles team, Yuvraaj Dookram and Aaron Wilson also won their first match 11-5, 11-8, 11-8 against Dominica but were eliminated 3-0 by India in their next fixture.

Also bowing out of contention were this nation’s Mixed Doubles teams and Women’s Singles participants. The pair of Dookram and Aleena Edwards was the first to go, losing 3-2 against Ghanaian duo Samuel Akayade and Celia Baah-Danso in the Mixed Doubles. Humphreys and Ashley Quashie followed soon after as they also went down 3-2 to Welsh team, Conor Edwards and Angharad Phillips. Local team, Wilson and Catherine Spicer managed to win their first round encounter 3-0 (11-9, 11-9, 11-7) against Jamaica but were ousted 3-0 in the next round by Indians Anthony Arputharaj/ Madhurika Suhas Patkar. The experience of St Louis and Rheann Chung saw them win their opener 9-11, 11-6, 11-3, 8-11, 11-7 against Sri Lankans Dinesh Deshappriya/Hansani Piumila but bow out in the next match, losing 3-1 to Indians Arputharaj/Patkar.

Chung and Edwards were also booted out of Singles contention in their respective first round matches with the former falling 4-1 victim to Welsh player, Naomi Owen, and the latter beaten 4-0 by Malaysian Lee Wei Beh.

Additionally, the national contingent bowed out off the Men, Women and Mixed Doubles squash divisions with opening round losses yesterday. In the male division, Colin Ramasra and Kale Wilson lost 2-0 to a Welsh pair; Charlotte Knaggs and Kerrie Sample failed (2-1) to get past a Papua New Guinea outfit and then lost another (2-0) to England; while Wilson/ Knaggs went down 2-0 to Malta in their Pool D Mixed Doubles match and Ramasra/ Sample losing out 2-0 to Mauritius.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2014, 05:22:02 AM by Socapro »

Offline Socapro

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
DOUBLE STRIKE: Medals for Borel, Gordon
« Reply #196 on: July 31, 2014, 05:29:11 AM »
DOUBLE STRIKE
Medals for Borel, Gordon

By Kwame Laurence kwame.laurence@trinidadexpress.com
Story Created: Jul 30, 2014 at 11:39 PM ECT (T&T Express)

Cleopatra Borel and Lalonde Gordon added to Trinidad and Tobago’s Commonwealth Games medal account, at Hampden Park, here in Glasgow, Scotland, yesterday.

Borel produced an 18.57 metres throw to snare silver in the women’s shot put. And earlier in the session, Gordon captured men’s 400 metres bronze--the same colour earned by Ayanna Alexander in Tuesday’s women’s triple jump.

“It feels amazing to bring home this medal,” Borel told the Express, “simply because we’ve had some disappointments with the team.”

Borel knows about Commonwealth disappointment. At the 2002 Manchester Games, she was in tears after finishing fourth. But the T&T thrower ensured there would be no more near misses, earning bronze at the 2006 Melbourne Games, and improving to silver at the Delhi Games four years ago. Yesterday, she claimed medal number three.

New Zealand’s Valerie Adams secured her third gold medal, and now has four in total, the reigning world and Olympic champion dominating her rivals with a big 19.88m effort. Canadian Julie Labonte threw 17.58m to take bronze.

After the competition, Borel paid tribute to her coach, Ismael Lopez Mastrapa.

“I’m really happy that Mastrapa has coached me in a way that my average permits me to come out on the tough days and still bring home medals for Trinidad and Tobago.”

Yesterday was one of those days. Borel had problems with her technique, and was unable to approach the 19-metre mark. She made a huge effort in the sixth and final round to land a big one, but tried too hard and fell out of the circle.

“It was really quite cold, and I think that between the cold and the pressure…I fell. I don’t fall. I’ve been having so many good, consistent meets over 18.90, and I wanted my level to remain high. I wanted to throw further, but that’s what it was today, so I can’t complain.”

Borel is the first woman and one of only five T&T athletes with at least three Commonwealth Games medals, joining an esteemed group, headed by Edwin Roberts with five. Hasely Crawford, Kent Bernard and Roger Daniel are the other three-medal members of that elite club.

Gordon produced his fastest time this season, 44.78 seconds, to take one-lap bronze. Grenada’s Kirani James struck gold in a Games record time of 44.24, while silver was captured by South Africa’s Wayde van Niekerk in 44.68.

Gordon finished strong, making a valiant attempt to snatch silver. The Olympic bronze medallist closed the gap on van Niekirk on the home straight, but could not catch him. The big effort, however, was rewarded with bronze.

“Any medal I get it’s the same feeling,” Gordon told the Express. “The main purpose is to go out there and medal. That’s what I always want to do.

“I was happy to come out there,” he continued, “give my all, and have a season’s best. I thank God. Another healthy race, so it’s just to celebrate and rest up.”

Gordon’s T&T teammate, Jarrin Solomon finished sixth in 45.82 seconds.
“It’s just the legs didn’t have it today,” said Solomon. “Gave it my best shot and it wasn’t to be.”

The third T&T quartermiler in the final, Renny Quow felt tightness in his legs and did not finish the race.

“I came out there and tried to get a medal, but stuff like this happens. I didn’t want to risk getting hurt.”

Quow is hopeful, though, he’ll be ready to play a role in the 4x400m relay. The heats take place tomorrow (Friday), and the final on Saturday.

Gordon believes the T&T 4x4 men can make a big impression here in Glasgow.

“We have a strong relay team. We’re trying to get a new national record. Hopefully, 2:56/2:57.”

If they succeed in their bid to better the two minutes, 58.34 seconds T&T standard, there’s a strong likelihood Gordon will make a second trip to the Hampden Park podium.

Offline Socapro

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Jehue bids for gold
« Reply #197 on: July 31, 2014, 05:35:18 AM »
Jehue bids for gold
By Kwame Laurence in Glasgow
Story Created:  Jul 30, 2014 at 11:27 PM ECT (T&T Express)

Jehue Gordon will bid for gold in today’s Commonwealth Games men’s 400 metres hurdles final, at Hampden Park here in Glasgow, Scotland.

In the first qualifying heat, yesterday, Gordon was in front coming off the final turn, and stayed there, securing victory in 49.42 seconds. Jamaican Annsert Whyte clocked 49.58 to finish second, also earning an automatic berth in the final.

“Felt good,” Gordon told the Express. “No complaints. I’m much healthier than I was earlier in the season. We’ve already put in the work in the pre-camp leading up to Glasgow.”

Gordon shut down in the dying stages of the race, but then put out a little extra at the very end to ensure he was not passed.

“I realised they were coming back on me, and I didn’t want to give up the top two qualifying spots and jeopardise a good lane (in the final).”

Gordon was the second fastest qualifier, heat two winner Cornel Fredericksof South Africa heading the list with a 49.26 run.

“Time isn’t really important,” said Gordon. “This is my first Commonwealth Games. Being in the final is already surpassing expectations for me because even though I’m the world champ, I’ve never been at the Commonwealth Games. It’s a different experience—the younger guys, the ones who never attained any medal, they’re hungry. They’re trying to get on that rostrum too.”

In heat three, T&T’s Emanuel Mayers was fifth in 50.51seconds and 13th overall, missing out on the eight-man championship race.

In the women’s 200m, Reyare Thomas finished third in heat two in 23.25 seconds to qualify for the semifinal round. The T&T sprinter advanced sixth fastest.

Kyle Greaux and Rondel Sorrillo are through to the semis of the men’s 200m. Both advanced via the “fastest loser” route.

Greaux finished third in the 10th and final heat in 20.79 seconds to progress as the fastest of the four “fastest losers” that advanced. Sorrillo was the slowest of the four, clocking 20.98 for third spot in heat two. Jereem Richards was third in heat three in 21.13, and did not qualify for the semifinal round.

Deandra Daniel cleared the bar at 1.76m to finish 17th in the women’s high jump qualifying competition. The top 12 progressed to the final.

In the women’s 800m, Alena Brooks returned a time of two minutes, 06.33 seconds to finish sixth in heat two and 21st overall. Sixteen half-milers moved on to the semis.

And women’s triple jump bronze medallist Ayanna Alexander exited the long jump event at the qualifying stage. Her 5.77m leap earned her 23rd spot.

At the Scottish Exhibition and Conference Centre (SECC), T&T boxer Aaron Prince exited in the men’s middleweight division, losing a unanimous points decision to two-time Commonwealth Games medallist Vijender Singh. The Indian is into the semis, and assured of a third item of precious metal.

At the SSE Hydro, T&T gymnast William Albert produced a score of 70.331 to finish last in the 24-man men’s all-around final.

At Scotstoun Campus, table tennis players Rheann Chung and Aleena Edwards exited in the round of 32 in the women’s singles. Chung suffered an 11-5, 11-9, 9-11, 11-9, 11-8 defeat at the hands of Naomi Owen, of Wales, while Edwards was beaten at 4, 4, 6 and 4 by Malaysia’s Beh Lee Wei.

In men’s doubles, Dexter St Louis and Curtis Humphreys won against Pakistan to set up a clash with the Guyana team of Paul David and Idi Lewis. The T&T pair won 12-14, 11-7, 9-11, 11-8, 11-4 to progress to the round of 16. Yuvraaj Dookram and Aaron Wilson successfully negotiated their first round contest with Dominica, before losing to India in the round of 32.

In mixed doubles, St Louis and Chung beat a pair from Sri Lanka 3-2 to reach the round of 32, but were then beaten 3-1 by an Indian combination. Wilson and fellow-teenager Catherine Spicer outplayed Jamaicans Kane Watson and Yvonne Foster to reach the round of 64, where they lost to the same Indian pair that went on to defeat St Louis and Chung. Humphreys and Ashley Quashie were stopped by Ghana in the opening round, the same stage at which Dookram and Edwards lost to Wales.

Also at Scotstoun Campus, T&T squash players Colin Ramasra and Kerrie Sample beat a pair from Mauritius in the mixed doubles. Kale Wilson and Charlotte Knaggs, however, lost to Malta. In women’s doubles, Knaggs and Sample were defeated by Papua New Guinea and England. And in men’s doubles, Ramasra and Wilson lost to a pair from Wales.

Team T&T Today
(All TT times)

5.30 a.m. – Table tennis, women’s & men’s doubles, men’s singles
6.30 a.m. – Squash, mixed doubles
1.13 p.m. – Athletics, Reyare Thomas, women’s 200 semis
1.32 p.m. – Athletics, Rondel Sorrillo, men’s 200semis
1.38 p.m. – Athletics, Kyle Greaux, men’s 200semis
2.00 p.m. – Hockey, Women vs Wales
2.15 p.m. – Netball vs Scotland
3.15 p.m. – Athletics, Jehue Gordon, men’s 400 hurdles final
3.30 p.m. – Athletics, Annie Alexander, women’s discus qualifying
4.42 p.m. – Athletics, Deborah John, women’s 100 hurdles heats
4.49 p.m. – Athletics, Josanne Lucas, women’s 100 hurdles heats

Offline Socapro

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/commonwealth-games/2014/results/sports/athletics/mens-400m

2014 Commonwealth Games Athletics:
Men's 400m - Official Results

Wednesday 30th July

Bold Red => T&T athlete is starting in event

Men's 400m Final | Commonwealth Games 2014
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/Sbd5x12WNfM" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/Sbd5x12WNfM</a>
Rank   Name   Country   Time

1   Kirani James   Grn   44.24 GR
2   Wayde Van Niekerk   SA   44.68
3   Lalonde Gordon   TTO   44.78 SB

4   Martyn Rooney   Eng   45.15
5   Latoy Williams   Brb   45.63
6   Jarrin Williams   TTO   45.82
7   Renny Quow   TTO   DNF

8   Chris Brown   Brb   DNS

Men's 400m Semi Final 1 | Commonwealth Games 2014
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/Xa2SJm5wgHQ" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/Xa2SJm5wgHQ</a>

1   Martyn Rooney   Eng   45.22   Q
2   Jarrin Solomon   Tri   45.49   Q
3   Chris Brown   Bah   45.55   q

4   Rusheen McDonald   Jam   5.95   
5   Bralon Taplin   Grn   46.68   
6   Philip Osei   Can   47.16   
7   Pako Seribe   Bot   47.43   
8   Mitchel Davis   Dma   47.49   

Men's 400m Semi Final 2 | Commonwealth Games 2014
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/u1Qxjq8Hpy4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/u1Qxjq8Hpy4</a>

1   Kirani James   Grn   45.14   Q
2   Wayde van Niekerk   SA   45.41   Q
3   Renny Quow   Tri   45.47   q

4   Michael Bingham   Eng   45.71   
5   Akheem Gauntlett   Jam   46.16   
6   Daundre Barnaby   Can   46.28   
7   Stephan James   Guy   46.35   
8   Emmanuel Tugumisirize   Uga   46.57   

Men's 400m Semi Final 3 | Commonwealth Games 2014
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/SpraurWf_Iw" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/SpraurWf_Iw</a>

1   Lalonde Gordon   Tri   45.37   Q
2   Latoy Williams   Bah   45.44   Q

3   Isaac Makwala   Bot   45.57   
4   Winston George   Guy   46.38   
5   Nigel Levine   Eng   46.57   
6   Mike Robertson   Can   47.30   
7   Saviour Kombe   Zam   47.70   
8   Steven Solomon   Aus   DNF   

Q= Qualifies for final
q= Qualifies for final as fastest loser
DNF = Did not finish
DNS= Did not start
DQ = Disqualified
GR= Games record
PB = Personal best
SB = Season best
« Last Edit: July 31, 2014, 07:58:42 AM by Socapro »

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

Final
Rank   Name   Country   Time   
1   Kirani James   Grn   44.24 GR
2   Wayde Van Niekerk   SA   44.68
3   Lalonde Gordon   TTO   44.78 SB
4   Martyn Rooney   Eng   45.15
5   Latoy Williams   Brb   45.63
6   Jarrin Williams   TTO   45.82
7   Renny Quow   TTO   DNF
8   Chris Brown   Brb   DNS

Who is Jarrin Williams?

Offline Socapro

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/commonwealth-games/2014/results/sports/athletics/womens-shot-put

Women's Shot Put - Official Results

Wednesday 30th July

Final

1   Valerie Adams   Nzl   x   19.88   19.58   x   19.76   19.79   19.88   
2   Cleopatra Borel   TTO   17.63   18.57   18.15   x   x   x   18.57   
3   Julie Labonte   Can   17.25   17.09   17.12   17.31   17.43   17.58   17.58

4   Rachel Wallader   Eng   15.83   16.83   16.33   x   16.68   15.6   16.83   PB
5   Sophie Mckinna   Eng   15.55   15.86   16.59   15.3   16.11   15.36   16.59   
6   Eden Francis   Eng   x   16.54   16.57   16.18   x   16.34   16.57   
7   Auriol Dongmo Mekemnang   Cmr   16.5   16.34   16.27   x   15.84   16.07   16.5   NR
8   Kirsty Yates   Sco   16.42   x   15.85   x   x   x   16.42   PB
9   Nwanneka Okwelogu   Ngr   15.13   14.53   14.2            15.13   PB
10   Alison Rodger   Sco   14.76   x   x            14.76   
11   Kim Mulhall   Aus   14.5   14.55   14.35            14.55   
Annie Alexander   Tto   x   x   x            NM   

PB = Best performance of the athlete
NR = National Record
NM = No mark
« Last Edit: July 31, 2014, 06:08:01 AM by Socapro »

Offline Socapro

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/commonwealth-games/2014/results/sports/athletics/mens-200m

Men's 200m Heats - Official Results

Wednesday 30th July

Men's 200m Round 1 Heat 1 | Commonwealth Games 2014
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/Yzke0j9gMU0" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/Yzke0j9gMU0</a>

1   Ncincilili Titi   SA   20.66   Q
2   Ratu Banuve Tabakaucoro   Fij   21.04   Q

3   Bruno Matsenjwa   Swz   21.08   
4   Timothy Abeyie   Gha   21.12   
5   Brijesh Lawrence   Skn   21.21   
6   Nelson Stone   Png   21.51   
7   Jerai Torres   Gib   22.95   
Lester Ryan   Msr   DQ   

Men's 200m Round 1 Heat 2 | Commonwealth Games 2014
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/3sefjtTsT5Y" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/3sefjtTsT5Y</a>

1   Mosito Lehata   Les   20.68   Q
2   Winston George   Guy   20.88   Q
3   Rondel Sorrillo   TTO   20.98   q

4   Adeseye Ogunlewe   Ngr   21.11   
5   Solomon Bockarie   Sle   21.45   
6   Lee Chengwei   Sin   21.87   
7   Collins Omae Gichana   Ken   21.90   
8   Reuberth Boyde   Vig   22.23   

Men's 200m Round 1 Heat 3 | Commonwealth Games 2014
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/8Azwj4Jge9w" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/8Azwj4Jge9w</a>

1   Warren Weir   Jam   20.71   Q
2   Daniel Bailey   Atg   20.74   Q
3   Jereem Richards   TTO   21.13

4   Neddy Marie   Sey   21.78   
5   Courtney Williams   Vig   21.94   
Idrissa Adam   Cmr   DNS   
Shaquoy Stephens   Bvi   DNS   

Men's 200m Round 1 Heat 4 | Commonwealth Games 2014
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/Arv73wQSTGI" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/Arv73wQSTGI</a>

1   Danny Talbot   Eng   20.56   Q
2   Brendon Rodney   Can   20.77   Q

3   Emmanual Dasor   Gha   21.06   
4   Titus Mukhala   Zam   21.20   
5   Muhammad Naqib Bin Asmin   Sin   21.90   
6   Rosen Daniel   Lca   22.06   
7   Golden Gunde   Maw   22.39   
Shanoi Richardson   Ana   DNS   

Men's 200m Round 1 Heat 5 | Commonwealth Games 2014
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/Rxu4sJNyPAM" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/Rxu4sJNyPAM</a>

1   Andre de Grasse   Can   20.56   Q
2   Akani Simbine   SA   20.77   Q
3   Leon Reid   Nir   20.97   q

4   Solomon Afful   Gha   21.02   
5   Stephan James   Guy   21.08   
6   Eddie Hereme   Sam   22.07   
7   Arlen Skerritt   Msr   24.37   
Tom Druce   Gue   DNS   

Men's 200m Round 1 Heat 6 | Commonwealth Games 2014
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/gupEqziOGiE" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/gupEqziOGiE</a>

1   Gavin Smellie   Can   20.74   Q
2   Wayde van Niekerk   SA   20.84   Q

3   Kevin Moore   Mlt   21.07   
4   Hassan Saaid   Mdv   21.38   
5   Lestrod Roland   Skn   21.42   
6   Theo Piniau   Png   21.77   
7   Mark Anderson   Blz   22.37   

Men's 200m Round 1 Heat 7 | Commonwealth Games 2014
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/d_J4zs05qbY" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/d_J4zs05qbY</a>

1   Jason Livermore   Jam   20.71   Q
2   James Ellington   Eng   20.73   Q

3   Adam Harris   Guy   21.19   
4   Harold Houston   Ber   21.39   
5   Tyrell Cuffy   Cay   21.75   
6   Michael Wilson   Grn   21.90   
7   Hussain Inaas   Mdv   22.78   
Mlandvo Shongwe   Swz   DQ   

Men's 200m Round 1 Heat 8 | Commonwealth Games 2014
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/g315y0E4S9Q" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/g315y0E4S9Q</a>

1   Rasheed Dwyer   Jam   20.59   Q
2   Christopher Clarke   Eng   20.71   Q

3   Jarrod Geddes   Aus   21.03   
4   Jonathan Permal   Mri   21.21   
5   Kasheem Colbourne   Atg   21.92   
6   Wadly Jean   Tci   22.26   
Alphonse Binam Nlend   Cmr   DQ   

Men's 200m Round 1 Heat 9 | Commonwealth Games 2014
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/j4wWSE_KVQw" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/j4wWSE_KVQw</a>

1   Antoine Adams   Skn   20.88   Q
2   Teray Smith   Bah   20.91   Q
3   Joel Redhead   Grn   20.97   q

4   Corneil Lionel   Lca   21.30   
5   Leeroy Henriette   Sey   21.75   
6   Kimorie Shearman   Vig   21.85   
7   David Hamil   Cay   22.02   

Men's 200m Round 1 Heat 10 | Commonwealth Games 2014
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/P5yRdfHcKgs" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/P5yRdfHcKgs</a>

1   Michael Mathieu   Bah   20.55   Q
2   Carvin Nkanata   Ken   20.65   Q
3   Kyle Greaux   TTO   20.79   q

4   Obinna Metu   Ngr   21.19   
5   Julius Morris   Msr   21.44   
6   Ruwan Gunasinghe   Png   22.44   
Masbah Ahmmed   Ban   DQ   

First two in each heat qualify (Q) and the next four fastest (q) advance to the semi-finals.

Q = Qualified DQ = Disqualified

Next Event: Men's 200m Semi-finals, Thurday 31st July, 18:25 - 18:30
« Last Edit: July 31, 2014, 08:46:25 AM by Socapro »

Offline Socapro

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/commonwealth-games/2014/results/sports/athletics/womens-200m

Women's 200m Heats - Official Results

Wednesday 30th July

Women's 200m Round 1 Heat 1 | Commonwealth Games 2014
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/vEQbnbtcoxc" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/vEQbnbtcoxc</a>

1   Blessing Okagbare   Ngr   22.99   Q
2   Kineke Alexander   Svg   23.44   Q
3   Shai-Anne Davis   Can   23.51   Q

4   Kaina Martinez   Biz   24.54   
5   Gemma Acheampong   Gha   24.90   
6   Joanne Loutoy   Sey   25.85   
7   Michaela Kargbo   Sle   25.89   

Women's 200m Round 1 Heat 2 | Commonwealth Games 2014
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/l8TEUpJXGNs" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/l8TEUpJXGNs</a>

1   Bianca Williams   Eng   22.97   Q
2   Samantha Henry-Robinson   Jam   23.18   Q
3   Reyare Thomas   TTO   23.25   Q

4   Toea Wisil   Png   24.26   
5   Veronica ShantiPereira   Sin   24.31   
6   Catherine Eke   Sle   24.76   
7   Patricia Taea   Cok   26.14   

Women's 200m Round 1 Heat 3 | Commonwealth Games 2014
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/P2cwti-ijgY" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/P2cwti-ijgY</a>

1   Anneisha Mclaughlin   Jam   23.27   Q
2   Crystal Carly-Kristen Emmanuel   Can   23.54   Q
3   Ella Nelson   Aus   23.57   Q

4   Karene King   Ivb   24.22   
5   Doreen Agyei   Gha   25.27   
6   Shirley Vunatup   Png   25.79   
7   Shirin Akter   Ban   26.41   

Women's 200m Round 1 Heat 4 | Commonwealth Games 2014
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/eo3rN6k-DkQ" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/eo3rN6k-DkQ</a>

1   Schillonie Calvert   Jam   23.14   Q
2   Anyika Onuora   Eng   23.19   Q
3   Nivea Smith   Bah   23.48   Q
4   Anna Ramona Papaioannou   Cyp   23.61   q

5   Joanilla Janvier   Mri   25.30   
6   Younis Bese   Fij   25.84   

Women's 200m Round 1 Heat 5 | Commonwealth Games 2014
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/GxnMb3t_Dvs" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/GxnMb3t_Dvs</a>

1   Jodie Williams   Eng   23.42   Q
2   Janet Amponsah   Gha   24.05   Q
3   Ashley Kelly   Ivb   24.40   Q
4   Ashleigh Whittaker   Aus   24.47   q

5   Diane Borg   Mlt   24.74   
6   Hafsatu Kamara   Sle   25.12   
7   Adrine Monagi   Png   26.71   

Women's 200m Round 1 Heat 6 | Commonwealth Games 2014
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/COEVAGPDvw4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/COEVAGPDvw4</a>

1   Kimberly Hyacinthe   Can   23.29   Q
2   Jade Bailey   Bar   23.75   Q
3   Dominique Duncan   Ngr   23.89   Q
4   Phumlile Ndzinisa   Swz   24.16   q

5   Milcent Ndoro   Ken   24.84   
6   Irene Bell Bonong   Cmr   25.61   
7   Tyra Summer Ree   Sin   26.74   

First three in each heat qualify (Q) and the next three fastest (q) advance to the semi-finals.
Q = Qualified DQ = Disqualified

Next Event: Women's 200m Semi-finals, Thurday 31st July, 18:07 - 18:12
« Last Edit: July 31, 2014, 08:36:26 AM by Socapro »

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

Final
Rank   Name   Country   Time   
1   Kirani James   Grn   44.24 GR
2   Wayde Van Niekerk   SA   44.68
3   Lalonde Gordon   TTO   44.78 SB
4   Martyn Rooney   Eng   45.15
5   Latoy Williams   Brb   45.63
6   Jarrin Williams   TTO   45.82
7   Renny Quow   TTO   DNF
8   Chris Brown   Brb   DNS

Who is Jarrin Williams?

:D Should be 'Solomon'

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
This young English woman who won this race (Jodi Williams). I remember her from World Juniors few years ago. I think her parents are Trini.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GxnMb3t_Dvs

Offline Socapro

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/commonwealth-games/2014/results/sports/athletics/mens-400m-hurdles

Men's 400m Hurdles Heats - Official Results

Wednesday 30th July

Men's 400m Hurdles Round 1 Heat 1 | Commonwealth Games 2014
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/7CVUL7ciSMo" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/7CVUL7ciSMo</a>

1   Jehue Gordon   TTO   49.42   Q
2   Annsert Whyte   Jam   49.58   Q
3   Christian Cuevas-Morton   Ngr   49.62   q

4   Niall Flannery   Eng   49.97   
5   Nicholas Bett   Ken   51.21   
Kurt Couto   Moz   DQ   
Siologa Viliamu Sepa   Sam   DNS   

Men's 400m Hurdles Round 1 Heat 2 | Commonwealth Games 2014
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/jHmvxcCiAvg" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/jHmvxcCiAvg</a>

1   Cornel Fredericks   SA   49.26   Q
2   Jeffery Gibson   Bah   49.66   Q

3   Ian Dewhurst   Aus   50.45   
4   Seb Rodger   Eng   50.71   
5   Jason Harvey   NI   52.06   
Mowen Boino   Png   DQ   
Leford Green   Jam   DQ   

Men's 400m Hurdles Round 1 Heat 3 | Commonwealth Games 2014
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/WR3VzaILgHM" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/WR3VzaILgHM</a>

1   Roxroy Cato   Jam   49.51   Q
2   Boniface Mucheru   Ken   49.67   Q
3   Richard Yates   Eng   49.8   q

4   Louis Van Zyl   SA   50.07   
5   Dai Greene   Wal   50.36   
6   Emanuel Mayers   TTO   50.51   
7   Wala Gime   Png   53.62   

First two in each heat qualify (Q) and the next two fastest (q) advance to the final.
Q= Qualifies for final
q= Qualifies for final as fastest loser
DQ = Disqualified
DNS = Did not start

Next Event: Men's 400m Hurdles Final, Thurday 31st July, 20:15 - 20:20
« Last Edit: July 31, 2014, 08:27:58 AM by Socapro »

Offline STMB

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
This young English woman who won this race (Jodi Williams). I remember her from World Juniors few years ago. I think her parents are Trini.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GxnMb3t_Dvs

She is the first sprinter in the games I've seen with common sense, to use the full length tights to minimize injury risk in cold conditions.

Doesn't our team have these as part of their kit?

Offline chelsealife

• You must be the change you wish to see in this world
  • Hero Warrior
  • Its BLUE, what else matters?
    • View Profile
Her dad is my dad's cousin... He's from Tobago, her mom is English

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

She is the first sprinter in the games I've seen with common sense, to use the full length tights to minimize injury risk in cold conditions.

Doesn't our team have these as part of their kit?

Considering the weather conditions our team SHOULD have this as part of their kit. If the athletes choose not to wear it then they shouldn't use the weather as an excuse if they lose their race. If the team don't have it as part of their kit then management should be blamed for not providing what is necessary for our athletes to succeed.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2014, 09:18:09 AM by Sando prince »

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Her dad is my dad's cousin... He's from Tobago, her mom is English

:beermug:

1]; } ?>