April 28, 2024, 04:02:17 PM

Author Topic: Fatigue factor worries Bahrain coach Peruzovic  (Read 2052 times)

Offline gtokyo

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
Fatigue factor worries Bahrain coach Peruzovic
« on: November 07, 2005, 07:39:33 AM »
Fatigue factor worries Peruzovic
7 November 2005
by FIFAworldcup.com

After guiding Bahrain through their Asian Zone play-off against Uzbekistan, coach Luka Peruzovic is now just one step away from making history with the Gulf state.
Only Trinidad and Tobago, their final play-off opponents on 12 and 16 November, stand between Bahrain and a first FIFA World Cup™ finals appearance, although the 53-year-old Belgian is under no illusions about the size of the task facing his team against the fourth-placed CONCACAF side, who defeated Mexico in their final qualifying match. Before flying to Caribbean, Peruzovic discussed the challenge ahead in an exclusive interview with FIFAworldcup.com.

FIFAworldcup.com: Do you have any warms-up or friendlies planned after you arrive in Trinidad and Tobago on 7 November?
Luka Peruzovic: No, we don't. We have less than a week there before the first leg and the timing is too tight. It is a long and tiring flight from West Asia to the Caribbean so it will be wise to save our energy. We need to adapt to the new environment and conditions as quickly as possible and the best way is with light training sessions that will ensure the players are in top condition.

How did you prepare the group before departing for the Caribbean? I started preparing the team from 19 October, but without our overseas-based players, who are based in Kuwait, Qatar and the UAE. These players could only join the team on Sunday (6 November) after their club games on Saturday.

So these key players have not had much time training with the rest of the team? Sure. What I did was call up a 25-man squad consisting entirely of home-based players and this gave me the chance to look at some new players.

Are there any new players we should look out for?
It might be too early to tell and I think you will know more after these games.

What would it mean to take Bahrain to their first FIFA World Cup finals?
No coach can deny the glory of reaching the FIFA World Cup finals. It would be a historical moment for Bahrain football. Even advancing to this decisive play-off with Trinidad and Tobago marks a giant step forward for Bahrain but we need to work even harder now to make history.

T&T look a formidable side with former Manchester United striker Dwight Yorke leading the attack and former Real Madrid and Netherlands coach Leo Beenhakker pulling the strings. Have you seen much of them?
I've watched some video tapes and to be honest, they are a good team. They have some highly skilful players and their European-based stars are very experienced. But I believe we have a chance as long as we play to our potential.

You had home advantage in the second leg against Uzbekistan last month and the same applies against T&T. Is this going to play a big part?Not really. We have to take long flights back and forth while our opponents only need to do that once. We will have to struggle against possible tiredness and play two matches in the space of five days. This requires more physical energy and we have to work hard to keep up our fitness.

Last month you beat Panama, another CONCACAF side, 5-0 in a friendly. How much confidence has this given the team ahead of the upcoming play-off?I was happy to see the team scoring a lot of goals and that victory undoubtedly boosted the players' morale but Panama only sent an under-strength team and we also fielded fringe players. You can't take friendly results too seriously. The play-off will be extremely hard as all the players will be giving everything.

Is your key striker Alaa Hubail fit enough to start this time?
Hubail was out injured for over six months so I sent him on for just the last ten minutes in both matches against Uzbekistan. I'll see how he got on for his club in Qatar but he is certainly one of the best finishers in the team and hopefully he will be fit to play and strengthen our attack.

Offline Ponnoxx

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Fatigue factor worries Bahrain coach Peruzovic
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2005, 09:09:26 AM »
 When Bahrain come to die ...We kill dem..Who we are?! ....T&T !!!!

Offline morvant

• warrior nation member
  • Hero Warrior
  • malick till i die
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2005, 09:17:51 AM »
to be honest they are a very skillfull team :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

nuff beat in dey muda neck ;D
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2005, 09:46:39 AM »
deh go need ah good pigtail soup friday nite.lil dumplin,sweet potato,couple lil green fig.with enough splitpeas.meh mouth watering already.
soon ah go b ah lean mean bulling machine.

Offline fari

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2005, 10:01:18 AM »
he right..they gettin nuff fatigue here on this board and from them rangotang and dem when they touch down in trini

Offline Socaman

• Live Yuh Life Like Yuh Playin Mas!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2005, 10:09:17 AM »
de man and dem scared!!!! Even de coach sounding like he thinking twice. :nailbiting: :nailbiting: :nailbiting:

Vibes It Up T&T  :challenge:

Offline SUPA

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2005, 10:26:30 AM »
Yeah d coach like he trying to give us some hints, of d excuse he go use when they don't qualify.
RIP Micahel Jackson.

Money doh change we, we are de money changer. But fool if yuh dis, it will surely be danger. Large up de Enterprise and Alliance every time. KROSS KROSS.

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2005, 12:08:34 PM »
He is understandibly petrified.  Is ah while I hear someone say we is ah skillful team though.  All that lagoon ball St. Clair had we playing, people was starting to forget bout the skill level of we players.

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
  • President of the Reality Check Commitee
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 07, 2005, 02:27:10 PM »
he right..they gettin nuff fatigue here on this board
  :rotfl:

Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

D baddest SW compilation ever

Offline Mr Mc

• Hero Warrior
  • Take pride in yuh side!! Vibes it Up!!!
    • View Profile
    • Trini Jungle Juice
« Reply #9 on: November 07, 2005, 02:43:46 PM »
FIFAworldcup.com: Do you have any warms-up or friendlies planned after you arrive in Trinidad and Tobago on 7 November?
Luka Peruzovic: No, we don't. We have less than a week there before the first leg and the timing is too tight. It is a long and tiring flight from West Asia to the Caribbean so it will be wise to save our energy. We need to adapt to the new environment and conditions as quickly as possible and the best way is with light training sessions that will ensure the players are in top condition.
this is why we did not want them in J'ca.  But i feel he trying to play possum, we not falling for that, bout oh yuh tired!!

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #10 on: November 07, 2005, 03:25:20 PM »
this is why we did not want them in J'ca. But i feel he trying to play possum, we not falling for that, bout oh yuh tired!!
So True. All that noise Jack make was justified.

1]; } ?>