April 19, 2024, 12:27:02 PM

Author Topic: Farmer Nappy breaks down  (Read 1059 times)

Offline zuluwarrior

• Hero Warrior
  • use your tongue to count your teeth
    • View Profile
    • http://pointalive.com
Farmer Nappy breaks down
« on: May 02, 2014, 09:33:33 AM »
good things happening to good people: a good thing
good things happening to bad people: a bad thing
bad things happening to good people: a bad thing
bad things happening to bad people: a good thing

Offline Socapro

• Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
Re: Farmer Nappy breaks down
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2014, 09:36:18 AM »
Yeah very touching....

Farmer Nappy breaks down
PowerGen hosts special children’s fun day...

By Sue-Ann Wayow and Dexter Philip
Story Created: Apr 30, 2014 at 11:20 PM ECT (T&T Express)

SOCA artiste Darryl “Farmer Nappy” Henry was so overwhelmed by emotion yesterday after performing for differently-abled children that he has decided to start a foundation to help them.
Farmer Nappy performed during the annual PowerGen’s Special Children Fun Day at Syne Village in Penal in which 36 schools participated.

After his 40-minute performance which included his hit song “Big People Party” Farmer Nappy was bombarded by children anxious to get close to him.

However, when Farmer Nappy hugged Princess Barrow, a member of the National Centre for Persons with Disabilities (NCPD) who is confined to a wheelchair, he broke down in tears.

Farmer Nappy, who placed second in this year’s Road March, said he did not know his music was so well loved and appreciated.

“I felt more appreciated singing for them than singing in a normal Carnival party or a concert. We, as artistes do not be around them to perform for them, and these artistes don’t know how much they love our music,” he said.

Farmer Nappy, who also placed third in this year’s Groovy Soca Monarch competition, said when he was told that Barrow, 20, wanted to take a picture with him and he saw her for the first time, “it was like a new dawn”.

He told the Express: “These children appreciate me so much it made me break down and I couldn’t help it. She was squeezing me and I couldn’t stop holding her.”

Barrow and Farmer Nappy hugged for at least ten minutes before letting go.

To kick off his foundation, Farmer Nappy said he will be donating the first $10,000 and he called for support from companies and other artistes.

Farmer Nappy, who is from Siparia, said: “I don’t have $1 million or $3 million to start this foundation but if sponsors come in, we could start off a foundation for them (the differently-abled). If I have to put the last cent that I have, I will, but to make it greater, we need support.

“I don’t want people to think I doing this for fame. This is not about fame. When I go away, I could go shopping for them, do things for them, take them to the movies and go to schools and sit down with them.” Henry said he was usually a jovial person but admitted he can also be emotional.

“If someone do you something and you are my friend, I will start to cry, too,” he said.
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline fari

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2014, 11:30:43 AM »
oh god alyuh go make me cry here today

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2014, 11:27:07 AM »
oh god alyuh go make me cry here today

Yeah that was real touching... and a very good gesture by him.  The headline is very misleading though... "breakdown" can be construed in different ways, this isn't the usual connotation.

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2014, 01:51:52 PM »
Mean while that other thread 10 pages long. SMH

:applause:
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

1]; } ?>