April 27, 2024, 12:56:04 PM

Author Topic: Dana Seetahal murdered  (Read 40108 times)

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Dana Seetahal murdered
« Reply #30 on: May 05, 2014, 06:54:41 AM »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/YA_jqnb7etg" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/YA_jqnb7etg</a>

I wanna know who, ah who responsible,
They don't give a damn, no, woo-woo!
They don't give a, don't give a ...

Brothers and sisters,
This plight we're facing,
Get involved, problems to solve, yourselves concerning,
Divided we are, so one by one we are falling.
The front line of the battle is hottest,
Your duty's calling.

I demand to know, who, ah who re-, ah who responsible?
I wanna know who, ah who re-,
I wanna know who's responsible!
They don't give a damn, no, woo-woo!
They don't give a damn, no!

« Last Edit: May 05, 2014, 10:07:18 AM by asylumseeker »

Offline kaliman2006

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 05, 2014, 07:25:00 AM »
Ms. Seetahal's grisly murder at the hands of some cold, callous beasts (they are certainly not human) has certainly lowered our besieged country to a new nadir.

As Socapro said, perhaps it will take the assassination of a highly recognized figure in our society to spur all of the citizens of our country into action. I say, all of the citizens, because the burden of change should not rest on the powers that be alone; it will require a consistent and unflagging collective effort of all segments of our country to stop the moral rot and return our country to the days where, as my mother used to say, she could go out with her friends (albeit against her parents wishes) with nary a thought about potential thieves or rapists.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 05, 2014, 11:33:27 AM »
T&T in shock and disbelief: Fearless prosecutor Dana Seetahal gunned down
By Ria Taitt Political Editor

It was the first assassination of a senior member of the criminal justice system, a major blow which threatens to reverberate throughout the system and strike it at its very heart.

Selwyn Richardson doh count?

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 05, 2014, 11:39:08 AM »

It was the first assassination of a senior member of the criminal justice system, a major blow which threatens to reverberate throughout the system and strike it at its very heart.

That fact that they have forgotten about Selwyn Richardson shows that they can't be taken seriously.

Has Selwyn Richardson's killers been found and brought to justice yet?!
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 05, 2014, 11:48:30 AM »
I didn't know Dana Seetahal personally, but she was an inspiration, she was the kind of renaissance woman that any young person could look to and pattern their life after.  I rarely disagreed with her on legal issues, and when I did, it was clearly because I didn't know what I was talking about.  She was a giant... that is a word that perhaps gets overused, but never was it more applicable than in her case.  I long used to playfully profess my love for her, but I admired her intensely.  There's nothing in this world like intelligence, especially when paired with common sense.  Add to that her passion and activism for social causes, her contributions the continued development of the nation... and what we're left with today is a huge intellectual and emotional void.  The people who orchestrated her death have very little idea just how much injury they have caused the nation.  May God grant peaceful passage to her soul, and may she rest in peace.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 05, 2014, 11:50:40 AM »

That fact that they have forgotten about Selwyn Richardson shows that they can't be taken seriously.

I willing to give Ria Taitt a pass... one can only assume they were close and the emotion probably have her head foggy right now.  She usually much, much better than this.  She (and Lasana) is the one who single-handedly kept the pressure on Jack.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 05, 2014, 11:58:17 AM »

I willing to give Ria Taitt a pass... one can only assume they were close and the emotion probably have her head foggy right now.  She usually much, much better than this.  She (and Lasana) is the one who single-handedly kept the pressure on Jack.

I suspect the distinction she sought to establish is based on the following: DS was a public judicial functionary at the time of her death; engaged in private practice at the time of his death, SR was not.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2014, 12:04:10 AM by asylumseeker »

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 05, 2014, 12:51:04 PM »
it was not a hit, it was a targeted killing....."
CoP Williams

"......we are at amber alert....." MoNS Gary Griffith.

Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline MEP

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 05, 2014, 01:24:03 PM »
CoP Williams

is this CoP for real? once again he is just enunciating his ignorance 

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 05, 2014, 01:32:01 PM »
CoP Williams

And these are the people who think they deserve your votes in T&T?! :thumbsdown:
« Last Edit: May 05, 2014, 02:07:38 PM by Socapro »
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Police working on three main theories
« Reply #40 on: May 05, 2014, 02:00:33 PM »
Police working on three main theories
By Alexander Bruzual
Story Created: May 4, 2014 at 10:33 PM ECT (T&T Express)

Trinidad and Tobago lost one of its titans in the legal fraternity early yesterday morning, when 58-year-old senior counsel Dana Seetahal was gunned down in what police investigators have described as a “well-orchestrated hit” in Woodbrook.

According to police reports, around 12.05 a.m. Seetahal was in her Volkswagen SUV, licensed PCN 6, proceeding north along Hamilton Holder Street, Woodbrook, on her way to her One Woodbrook Place home when, near Woodbrook Youth Centre, two vehicles pulled alongside her, causing her to come to an immediate stop.

Within seconds, one of the vehicles, said to be a Nissan Wingroad, drove ahead of the senior counsel’s path and pulled across the roadway, blocking her from moving.

The other vehicle, which was described as a panel van, then moved alongside Seetahal’s car and the occupants of that vehicle drew their automatic weapons and opened fire on the SUV. The two vehicles then sped off.

Residents of the area, on hearing the gunshots, contacted the police and emergency health services.

However, despite their swift response, when the lawmen and medical officers arrived Seetahal was dead—slumped in the driver’s seat with bullet wounds to her head and upper body.

The incident seemed to have happened so fast, police sources said, that Seetahal’s foot was still on the brake-pedal, her hand brake was up, and the vehicle was still idling.

The first responders notified their seniors and a party of officers, including ACP Wayne Dick, Senior Supt Ishmael David, acting ASP Williams, Insp Thomas, Insp Veronique, Insp Lawrence, Insp Ramper­sad and Cpl Beckles, among others, visited the scene.

Hamilton Holder Street was then cordoned off and only relatives of Seetahal were allowed to come close to the caution tape to see the vehicle.

Crime scene investigators recovered fifteen 5.56 shells at the scene.

Police are currently working on three main theories as a result of this killing. The first, and most prominent, is that because of the nature of the incident it was a “hit” arising out of the senior counsel’s involvement in the Vindra Naipaul-Coolman murder trial.

The second theory is that based on certain information the police received, her killing may have been orchestrated by known criminal elements, and investigators are expected to speak to individuals who are currently in custody, as well as who are under surveillance in areas such as Diego Martin and Central Trinidad, to see if there are any further leads.

The third theory is that she was on her way home after spending some time at a popular members club and there was a potential the incident could be linked to her actions at the business place.

When contacted late yesterday, police sources said, while remote, they still have not ruled it out.

Several members of the legal fraternity, including former justice Larry Lalla and Larry Williams, visited the murder scene and expressed their shock and disbelief over the incident.

A $1 million reward has since been offered by CrimeStoppers for information leading to the arrest and successful conviction of those involved in the murder of the attorney.

In an interview with the media yesterday, ACP Dick revealed the police have gathered footage from various CCTV cameras in the vicinity of the incident, including those from business places and residences, with the hope it would shed further light on the people responsible.

Dick said the police would leave “no stone unturned” and they will be looking into every lead that arises and he gave his assurance that those who orchestrated the senior counsel’s death would be caught.

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 05, 2014, 02:02:29 PM »
CoP Williams

yuh seein every day why Manning refuse to appoint dat character............d other choice wasn't d brightest either, but it becoming quite clear he was d best of d hapless excuse for police leadership in dis country.
I pity the fool....

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 05, 2014, 02:41:58 PM »
RIP, Dana. Don't know what to say. God Bless!!!

>:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(
>:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 05, 2014, 03:13:17 PM »
CoP Williams

Well I'm certainly glad that he cleared that one up.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 05, 2014, 03:40:41 PM »
Did you guys remember doing word synonyms for Common Entrance. What's the synonym for a hit. targeted killing!!!

Offline Agent Jack Bauer

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: May 05, 2014, 04:09:31 PM »
 :banginghead: @the CoP being shocked.........many families of innocents have been in "shock and awe" over the years but people now getting shocked Stupes............anyways........bands launching soon

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 05, 2014, 04:17:00 PM »
:banginghead: @the CoP being shocked.........many families of innocents have been in "shock and awe" over the years but people now getting shocked Stupes............anyways........bands launching soon

Can't compare this to any common killing... many of those can be explained by criminal activity on the part of the victim, or being a target of robbery, crime of passion etc.  There is good reason why this shocks people... the manner in which it was carried out is reminiscent of the infamous Clint Huggins murder orchestrated by Dole Chadee... and also the high profile of the target and the apparent fact that she was neither involved in criminality, nor the target of a robbery.

Offline zuluwarrior

• Hero Warrior
  • use your tongue to count your teeth
    • View Profile
    • http://pointalive.com
« Reply #47 on: May 05, 2014, 06:04:50 PM »
2. (10-12) God’s curse upon Cain.

And He said, “What have you done? The voice of your brother’s blood cries out to Me from the ground. So now you are cursed from the earth, which has opened its mouth to receive your brother’s blood from your hand. When you till the ground, it shall no longer yield its strength to you. A fugitive and a vagabond you shall be on the earth.”

3. (13-15) Cain complains of the severity of God’s judgment.

And Cain said to the Lord, “My punishment is greater than I can bear! Surely You have driven me out this day from the face of the ground; I shall be hidden from Your face; I shall be a fugitive and a vagabond on the earth, and it will happen that anyone who finds me will kill me.” And the Lord said to him, “Therefore, whoever kills Cain, vengeance shall be taken on him sevenfold.” And the Lord set a mark on Cain, lest anyone finding him should kill him .

People who commit these kind or crimes will have know rest .
 You live by the gun you will surely die by it ,if this killing shock you when the worse come you might die.

« Last Edit: May 05, 2014, 06:08:58 PM by zuluwarrior »
good things happening to good people: a good thing
good things happening to bad people: a bad thing
bad things happening to good people: a bad thing
bad things happening to bad people: a good thing

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
This issue and others are being discussed now on Power 102.1 FM with special guest Ramesh Maharaj.

Here is link: http://www.power102fm.com/inception/Interact.aspx
« Last Edit: May 05, 2014, 06:17:57 PM by Socapro »

Offline Agent Jack Bauer

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 05, 2014, 06:52:27 PM »

Can't compare this to any common killing... many of those can be explained by criminal activity on the part of the victim, or being a target of robbery, crime of passion etc.  There is good reason why this shocks people... the manner in which it was carried out is reminiscent of the infamous Clint Huggins murder orchestrated by Dole Chadee... and also the high profile of the target and the apparent fact that she was neither involved in criminality, nor the target of a robbery.
it can be compared because there are those murdered who were not in any criminality just like it is presumed that she was not.........I personally don't put anything pass low profile to high profile folks.........you never know who doing what.........seems now that the high profile are now just as vulnerable as the low profile

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
  • yuh cyar take meh ancestry from meh
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 05, 2014, 06:53:01 PM »
This action and successive talk shows have unearth some further thinking.  I mean tell me something is it not limiting for a commissioner to limit the cause of action to three theories:
"Police are currently working on three main theories as a result of this killing. The first, and most prominent, is that because of the nature of the incident it was a “hit” arising out of the senior counsel’s involvement in the Vindra Naipaul-Coolman murder trial.

The second theory is that based on certain information the police received, her killing may have been orchestrated by known criminal elements, and investigators are expected to speak to individuals who are currently in custody, as well as who are under surveillance in areas such as Diego Martin and Central Trinidad, to see if there are any further leads.

The third theory is that she was on her way home after spending some time at a popular members club and there was a potential the incident could be linked to her actions at the business place.

Judging by how this action was reported, it appears that someone or persons wanted to ensure that this lady was dead dead dead !!!!!!
So in my opinion to  publicly  state that the police working on three theories is limiting in thinking.

Could she have been set up by someone ?  Could there be links to her last whereabouts?  Could she have said something I that may have posed a threat to someone? To me the case she was working on is too convenient as a possible theory- maybe that is what someone  wants people to think.   Was  she involved in the prison lawyers  investigation? Did she know something that may have implicated someone? Someone REAL BIG?
You get the feelings that there must be more to this than a killing- the manner in which this was done just appears to be have a BIG NAME some where lurking in the connection-
So mr. Acting commissioner don't limit this investigation- lawd is a small nation how could these heinous murderers hide?  Intelligence from all divisions and informants must call names and buss mark- the head of the hydra must leave its tentacles. Dragnet in all areas Bring on Regiment  soldiers  in all streets in all communities flush them out-  if they had camera footage is it not possible to identify the make and model of vehicles and do a trace?
Come now- fight fear with fear- sometimes for change to occur it takes a cataclysmic  event to occur- today we are reeling in the stench of a brutal murder that brings our nation to shame and should  bring our law forces to arms and action to fight back. Theory is one think but action is the enactment of all the thinking- all of society today must rise up and spew the dregs of society to justice- there should be no harbouring of known criminals- persons who knowingly harbours criminals should become accessories to the said actions and be tried and feel the brunt of the law-
All this antiquated legal rumblings with criminals should be fast tracked once the burden of  evidence has become evident- Criminals should know that paying  high priced lawyers to escape punishment is not an easy alternative in this country. In my humble opinion the criminal elements seem to be at liberty to carry out their deeds because there appears to be a feeling that they are above the law or that their collections to the law has their back.

I pray for a cleansing for a return of morality and for those who are entrusted to serve and protect do so with dignity. Too many who are suppose to uphold the law have been transferred or got off with a reprimand - the heavy hand of the law must be felt. Police officers who have been released of duty should be on probation and monitored - yuh wonder if gangs eh recruiting trained personnel.

All this big time killing in  a place that once was referred to as "sweet TNT" sad sad sad - another black mark on the island.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 05, 2014, 07:06:37 PM »
Now a $2.5m reward? Ah not in agreement with that at all!

Offline zuluwarrior

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 05, 2014, 07:21:01 PM »
I think Dana was being monitored while she was in the club, if the investigator was to go to the club and check the video tapes while she was there maybe they might come up with some leads .

Somebody knew her movements for that night  ,that person was in the club that night and is somebody that she knew, that person follower her outside and make the call .

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 05, 2014, 07:21:50 PM »

They need to also place $2.5 million rewards for each of the other 159 murders that have occurred for the year so far otherwise those other families are all being made to feel that the life of their murdered relative is not deemed as important in the eye's of the T&T government as Dana Seetahal's life was even though they are all entitled to equal treatment under the T&T constitution as citizens.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2014, 07:26:53 PM by Socapro »

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
  • yuh cyar take meh ancestry from meh
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 05, 2014, 07:24:35 PM »

It so many ways this communicators that the law have ah clue!!!!! If this is was they are relying on to flush out the culprits- is there not a systemic method of investigation in each division throughout the island? Yuh cyar tell meh that there are no known informants and intelligence  to begin building leads.

Yeah this reward thing comes out like an act of desperation and plead for help by people who he have a clue- and wait nah did the minister of national security just presented  big plans for fighting crime?
Is ah matter of time that they go come out and blame PNM and listen to the which government official go be the first to bray?

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: May 05, 2014, 07:25:18 PM »
it can be compared because there are those murdered who were not in any criminality just like it is presumed that she was not.........I personally don't put anything pass low profile to high profile folks.........you never know who doing what.........seems now that the high profile are now just as vulnerable as the low profile

Right, but most of those others were target for robberies, victims of crimes of passion, innocent bystanders etc.  People don't just target you just so for execution... especially if you're a high-profile person.  The high-profile nature is important, b/c obviously that will attract greater scrutiny and police activity.  In other words, these fellas made a calculation about all of that and just didn't care... amping up the brazeness of the act.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: May 05, 2014, 07:27:50 PM »
I think Dana was being monitored while she was in the club, if the investigator was to go to the club and check the video tapes while she was there maybe they might come up with some leads .

Somebody knew her movements for that night  ,that person was in the club that night and is somebody that she knew, that person follower her outside and make the call .

This was no robbery... not with them kinda guns and not without them even (from reports) sticking around to take anything.  Robberies usually don't go down like this... shoot you 15 times then try and take yuh property.  If they was motivated by money they mighta quicker kidnap she or force she to go to the bank or she house etc.  This was an execution.  All that to say them fellas wasn't inside the casino... they monitored her movements and knew her pattern and was just waiting for the right moment.

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: May 05, 2014, 07:31:01 PM »

This was no robbery... not with them kinda guns and not without them even (from reports) sticking around to take anything.  Robberies usually don't go down like this... shoot you 15 times then try and take yuh property.  If they was motivated by money they mighta quicker kidnap she or force she to go to the bank or she house etc.  This was an execution.  All that to say them fellas wasn't inside the casino... they monitored her movements and knew her pattern and was just waiting for the right moment.

Where did zuluwarrior say or imply it was a robbery in his statement?!  ::)

Offline zuluwarrior

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: May 05, 2014, 07:41:53 PM »
Bakes i did not say it was a robbery , the hit was planed but someone was watching her while she was in the club and I believe is someone that she knew.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2014, 08:11:10 PM by zuluwarrior »

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: May 05, 2014, 07:59:59 PM »