April 19, 2024, 10:45:22 AM

Author Topic: TnT Pro League sponsorship deals Thread.  (Read 1580 times)

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
TnT Pro League sponsorship deals Thread.
« on: May 06, 2014, 05:23:20 PM »
I wanted to know if anybody know the following sponsorship deals and how exactly is the money is being invested. I remember somebody here created a thread with Jack Warner sponsorship deals and how it lead to the court case when the players realize how much he was hiding and stealing.

So far, for the T&T league is:

1. Digicel contribution = ?

2. The Government yearly contribution = ?

3. Nine clubs yearly contributions = ?

4. First Citizen bank contributions = ?

5. Toyota contributions = ?

6. Lucozade contributions = ?

7. National Lotteries Controls Board (NLCB) = ?

8. Blue Waters contributions = ?

9. Misc contributions = ?

Expenses and prizes

Stadium rentals = ?

League prizes = ?

Toyota Classic prizes = ?

Lucozade prizes = ?

Admin fee and payments

Website = ?

Writers = ?

Dexter Skeene (Government paid?) = ?

Larry Romany (Government paid?) = ?

Secretary = ?

Misc expenses = ?

I also would like to know when is the next election for TnT Pro League head or do we have a Oliver Camps and Jack Warner running our league?

Ah find de league been here for over 10 years and should be better run.

Can anybody fill in the blanks or at least give us a idea?

« Last Edit: May 06, 2014, 05:26:44 PM by Sam »
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline Errol

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: TnT Pro League sponsorship deals Thread.
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2014, 07:33:47 PM »
Maybe e-man or FS can help with this Sam.

Interesting topic.

Offline Football supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2014, 08:51:01 PM »
I'm afraid I cannot comment on these details. The TT Pro League is a private company, although it does receive support from the government.
The difference between the Pro League and TTFF/TTFA is that they are representing the nation, much like the English F.A. TTFF/TTFA are also, I believe an NGO.
However, I would feel it beneficial if Sam's questions were answered by the appropriate administrators for the sake of transparency, although I guess most of the sponsorship and government support is in the public forum somewhere.

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2014, 03:30:26 AM »
I'm afraid I cannot comment on these details. The TT Pro League is a private company, although it does receive support from the government.
The difference between the Pro League and TTFF/TTFA is that they are representing the nation, much like the English F.A. TTFF/TTFA are also, I believe an NGO.
However, I would feel it beneficial if Sam's questions were answered by the appropriate administrators for the sake of transparency, although I guess most of the sponsorship and government support is in the public forum somewhere.

I smell a conspiracy.

Nobody wants to talk and everything in T&T is a hush yuh mouth, I thieving too.

Offline Tiresais

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2014, 07:46:10 AM »
It's not a conspiracy - companies have an interest in not revealing financial details due to the harm it may do to their negotiations, or the good it would do to their competitors.

I know in 2009 the subsidy was reported to be $50,000 dollars a year, I think it's more than that now. Wired 868 did a thing on pro league finances in 2012 here;

Skeene contended that it takes close to $5 million to run the League effectively. Last season, Government offered the body $3 million; there was even less in previous years so that staff members occasionally missed a paycheck.

And yet, the Pro League is still here and fielding proposals from entrepreneurs who, with a view to signing up, are willing to fork out a $400,000 franchise fee plus produce a bank statement that covers two years’ salaries. The final figure can easily reach $2 million.

As FS has said in the past, Central didn't received the subsidy this season or last, so they wouldn't have had that to lean on

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2014, 08:33:09 AM »
It's not a conspiracy - companies have an interest in not revealing financial details due to the harm it may do to their negotiations, or the good it would do to their competitors.

I know in 2009 the subsidy was reported to be $50,000 dollars a year, I think it's more than that now. Wired 868 did a thing on pro league finances in 2012 here;

Skeene contended that it takes close to $5 million to run the League effectively. Last season, Government offered the body $3 million; there was even less in previous years so that staff members occasionally missed a paycheck.

And yet, the Pro League is still here and fielding proposals from entrepreneurs who, with a view to signing up, are willing to fork out a $400,000 franchise fee plus produce a bank statement that covers two years’ salaries. The final figure can easily reach $2 million.

As FS has said in the past, Central didn't received the subsidy this season or last, so they wouldn't have had that to lean on

The subvention can be as high as TT$83,000 per month for some clubs.

Offline Tiresais

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2014, 08:45:14 AM »
Yup my bad it was 50,000 per month rather than year. Are you allowed to tell us how they determine how big the subvention is?

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2014, 09:10:48 AM »
Yup my bad it was 50,000 per month rather than year. Are you allowed to tell us how they determine how big the subvention is?

I have no clue. We wrote to Minister of Sport and asked for the subvention but didn't even get a reply!

Offline Insider

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 07, 2014, 06:02:30 PM »
The Pro League gets about 8-10 million from Government yearly.

Sad that Central is not part of that.

But in the end they can take credit for doing it all alone.

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 08, 2014, 09:53:02 AM »
It's not a conspiracy - companies have an interest in not revealing financial details due to the harm it may do to their negotiations, or the good it would do to their competitors pockets.

Yuh rather stoop down and pea or stand up and fart?

« Last Edit: May 08, 2014, 09:54:39 AM by Sam »

1]; } ?>