March 28, 2024, 12:57:43 PM

Author Topic: Dwane James Thread  (Read 7633 times)

Offline SWF Reporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Dwane James Thread
« on: May 09, 2014, 10:29:16 PM »
One-on-one with Dwane James
By Ewan Headley (Wired868)

Trinidad and Tobago football’s most valuable brothers, arguably, were goalkeeper Lincoln and “Tiger” Phillips and defender Winston Phillips who played side-by-side in the 1974 World Cup qualifying campaign when the two island republic was robbed of a place in the FIFA showcase tournament.

Since then, examples of siblings who both earned national caps are sparse and, in most cases, one or both of the brothers managed less than five appearances. There are: Carlyle and Devon Mitchell, Sherwyn and Sean Julien, Anthony and Glenton Wolfe, Silvio and Silas Spann and Dwayne and Jamal Jack.

If San Juan Jabloteh utility player Dwane James has his way, he will be next on the list alongside his brother and Orlando City playmaker Kevin Molino, who is the “Soca Warriors’” most creative midfielder at present. James and Molino have different fathers but grew up together in Carenage.

James was first to move abroad as he left Trinidad for the United States as a 19-year-old to start a two-year football scholarship at East Central Community College (ECC) in Missouri. But his time in the US was bittersweet.

He left the ECCC a year later in 2009 as he could no longer afford to pay for his accommodation. In 2010, he had a stint with Sporting Kansas City reserve team but was released a month later as the club filled its quota of foreign players. And, in 2011, a promising opportunity with A’ League club Atlanta Silverback also came to a sad end due to an angle injury during his trials.

“Playing for East Central College, Sporting Kansas City and Atlanta Silverbacks in the past are the highlights of my career,” James told Wired868. “That experience only made me pray more.”

One of most repeated prayers is for a shot at a Soca Warriors team jersey. The Jabloteh player sat down with Wired868 to talk a bit more about himself:

Date of birth: 4/12/1988

Home town: Carenage

Former schools: Arima Boys RC Government, Trinity College and St. Anthony’s College

Favourite player: Didier Drogba (Ivory Coast)

Favourite team: Barcelona FC

Most important coach: Keith Look Loy (FC Santa Rosa)

What makes you stand out as a player?

I’m mentally strong and aggressive and I have a lot of experience.

What pushes you to succeed?

My love and passion for the sport drives me to always push myself further.

How would you describe yourself as a person?

I would describe myself as a spontaneous individual.

What is something most people don’t know about you?

I’m a very approachable person; but some people get the opposite impression.

What do you enjoy doing in your free time?

In my free time, I’m either sleeping or surfing the internet.

What was your best moment in football so far? And your worst?

My best moment happened when I scored my first goal for Sporting Kansas City (reserve team).

What is your target for 2014?

I want to sign with a team in the North American Soccer League (NASL) or United Soccer Leagues (USL) in the United States of America. In the future, I also wish to play for Trinidad and Tobago’s senior team alongside my brother Molino.

« Last Edit: January 04, 2019, 11:16:01 AM by Tallman »

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
Ah like this player, didn't know he and Kevin related.

Ent Kevin related to some cricketer too?

Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Trinidad and Tobago football’s most valuable brothers, arguably, were goalkeeper Lincoln and “Tiger” Phillips and defender Winston Phillips who played side-by-side in the 1974 World Cup qualifying campaign when the two island republic was robbed of a place in the FIFA showcase tournament.

Flex, mods. I don't think that happened. Lincoln only played in the '66 qualification. He left TT in 67 or 68. He never played for TT national team again. Correct me if I am wrong. Winston was on the squad to Haiti, I believe.  Kelvin Barclay was the starting keepr in 73 squad, with Gerald Figereux as the back-up.  They had another brother Ian "blocker" Phillips, a forward, who played mostly for the DF 2nd team.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2014, 11:20:22 AM by Deeks »

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Flex, mods. I don't think that happened. Lincoln only played in the '66 qualification. He left TT in 67 or 68. He never played for TT national team again. Correct me if I am wrong. Winston was on the squad to Haiti, I believe.  Kelvin Barclay was the starting keepr in 73 squad, with Gerald Figereux as the back-up.  They had another brother Ian "blocker" Phillips, a forward, who played mostly for the DF 2nd team.

You are correct. Give dat man ah prize!
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline sjahrain

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Goalkeepers in 74 campaign were 1. Figareora of Paragon  2.Barkley of Malvetn and 3.Tesca,s Tommy Rock
If my momery is correct

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
The new Trinidad James on the block.
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2015, 03:33:26 PM »
The new Trinidad James on the block.
By Shaun Fuentes (TTFA).

New Trinidad and Tobago call up Dwane James is the new kid on the block in the National Men’s Senior Team for next Friday’s International Friendly with Panama at the Ato Boldon Stadium.

Now attached to North East Stars, the 26-year-old centreback caught the eyes of T&T head coach Stephen Hart with his sterling performances in the T&T Pro League this season. But there is something else about James that will catch your attention. He is the brother of T&T star midfielder Kevin Molino.

Both Molino and James have the same father, David Samuel. And even though neither of them carry their father’s surname, they both have the same intentions of making a name for themselves through football.

“This call up is a hard work coming to fruition and a dream come true, like it would be to any player,” James told TTFA Media.

“I think for all the local based playing from the Pro League who got the call from Mr Hart, it’s a big day for us. I know it’s going to be very difficult because we have to settle in quickly and try to fit into the coach’s plans but this a big opportunity for all of us. And a team like Panama is a strong opponent for us to face on our entry into international football. As players, we look forward  to occasions like this,” added the Arima-born James.

On his relationship with Molino, James explained: “We have the same fathers but we carry our mother’s surnames. But football is in our blood. He always encourages me and I’ve encouraged him as an older brother also. When he heard that I got called, he was very happy.

We spoke this week and he told me to keep working hard and don’t settle for just being selected. He said this was an opportunity for me to improve my level of play and my career as a footballer. I think we’re both very excited about this and the hard work continues now,” he stated.

James has had stints with US clubs Orlando City, Sporting Kansas and Atlanta Silverbacks. While on trial with Kansas along with T&T defender Daneil Cyrus, James scored in a Reserve Match against Chicago Fire in 2011.

Molino in return said James has to accelerate his work rate now that he has gotten the nod from Hart.

“He’s a hard worker and he’ got his chance. But now he has to work even harder to take advantage of this opportunity. It’s great for any player to earn their first call up to the national team. But Dwane and the other guys who have earned selection have to realize this hard work has only now begun for them,” Molino told TTFA Media.

James will join the T&T squad this weekend for the start of training ahead of Friday’s friendly international versus Panama. The Panamanians which will also play Costa Rica in another friendly following the T&T clash, will arrive in Port of Spain on Wednesday.

T&T European-based duo Khaleem Hyland and Sheldon Bateau are expected in the country today and will be joined on the weekend by Justin Hoyte and Molino.

Panama meantime, are coming with a full strength team for the encounter. Among the players called up include German-based midfielder Armando Cooper of FC St Pauli, veteran forward Luis Tejada of Peruvian club Juan Aurich who is the team’s leading goalscorer with 37 goals in 79 matches, Colombian-based defender Harold Cummings, FC Dallas forward Blas Perez, LA Galaxy goalkeeper Jaime Penedo and another experienced  defender Luis Henriquez of Polish club Lech Poznan. The Panama team comprised players based in Germany, Poland, Hungary Mexico, USA, Peru, Uruguay, Colombia, Venezuela, Guatemala, Costa Rica and Panama.

Tickets for Friday’s match cost $100 and are available at Fan Club Movietowne (POS, Trincity Mall, Gulf City Mall), All Out Restaurant (QP Oval), Heritage Sports Tobago, Ramsingh's Sportsworld, Couva, Econo Supermart and Kenny's Sports Shops.

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
Brother James represents.
By Ian Prescott (Express).

DWANE JAMES wants the chance to prove he is more than just Kevin Molino's older brother. The North East Stars utility player is the older half-brother of high-profiled, injured T&T international, Molino.

James says he feels no pressure to fill the shoes of his younger brother, thought to be the best Trinidad and Tobago footballer at present. Molino is currently sidelined after picking up a season-ending injury playing for his MLS club Orlando FC.

“It's not (any pressure),” James said. “Yes, I am the brother of Kevin Molino. When I was selected for the team he called to congratulate me and all that. As he is injured, I have to represent for him.”

James, originally from Carenage, grew up in Arima and played for Arima Boys RC. After returning from college in Kansas City, Missouri, he played for local professional team Ma Pau, St Ann's Rangers, San Juan Jabloteh and currently North East Stars.

James is confident with the ball at his feet and definitely has touches. But, while he has defensive skill, the occasional concentration lapse may not give him a spot as an outright defender.

Utility player serves him perfectly and coach Stephen Hart sees something in him. Selection on the Gold Cup squad came as a surprise. “I never had being in the Gold Cup squad in mind,” he admitted, “But I always had in mind making the national team. And when you are on the national team, anything is possible.”

« Last Edit: July 14, 2015, 02:21:08 AM by Flex »
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
VIDEO HIGHLIGHTS of Dwane James
« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2015, 03:01:32 PM »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/57qNKoPdKco" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/57qNKoPdKco</a>

Offline Fyzo10

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: VIDEO HIGHLIGHTS of Dwane James
« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2015, 04:36:47 PM »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/57qNKoPdKco" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/57qNKoPdKco</a>

DAMMMN looks like someone who can probably replace Keon Daniel in the mid field. He has a lot of skills.

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile

Very impressive compilation.

Great work, and nice of Hart to spot him (if indeed it was Hart) and bring him into the National set up!
Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Dwane James is on an 8-day trial with 31-time Costa Rican Primera División Champions, Deportivo Saprissa. Dwane will be attempting to replace Costa Rican international defender, Heiner Mora, who recently suffered a season ending knee injury.

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
Great work, and nice of Hart to spot him (if indeed it was Hart) and bring him into the National set up!

A man say Hart does go more local football than de referees
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online

A man say Hart does go more local football than de referees

:rotfl:

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
  • These fellas are real Warriors.
    • View Profile
Good luck James. You will be going places once you on de Socawarrior train ...
Supportin' de Warriors right tru.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
Dwane James plays for Barrackpore United now.

Offline trini_stallion

• Hero Warrior
  • soca in mih veins, soca in mih blood...
    • View Profile
From a trial in Costa Rica to barrackpore  ??? ??? I mean I get that it was a trial...but ladddddd
Soca in mih vein, Soca in meh blood
Soca in yuh vein, Soca in blood,
Soca in we vein, Soca in we blood,
It's a heart of love, can't deny soca, cuz its good fuh de soul...
Trinidad and Tobago jump up now!

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
From a trial in Costa Rica to barrackpore  ??? ??? I mean I get that it was a trial...but ladddddd

By the time he finished the trials in Costa Rica, it was too late for him to join a Pro League team. He has to wait until January. Meanwhile he's using this stint to keep active and fit.

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Ah like this player, didn't know he and Kevin related.

Ent Kevin related to some cricketer too?

Kevorn Cooper is Molino's half brother so Dwane James might also be related.

Offline Insider

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
Dwane will sign for St Anns Rangers in January.

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
  • These fellas are real Warriors.
    • View Profile
Good to hear that. Will be under Angus.
Supportin' de Warriors right tru.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Dwane James replaces Mekeil Williams at Guatemalan club, Antigua GFC. Williams is on his way to MLS club, Colorado Rapids.

Offline Mose

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Niceness!!  :beermug:
Are you a match? It's too late for Emru, but maybe you can help save someone's life: http://www.healemru.com

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
The explanation stating why James didn't sign with Saprissa is intriguing. Saprissa wanted a flank player for the right, but James was considered more of a central defender, hence Saprissa declined. Signed Aubrey David. So the explanation goes.

However, Antigua picks James as a like for like replacement for Mekeil.

Versatility will get the paycheck.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2016, 09:10:30 AM by asylumseeker »

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
A lot of positive news these days. Good luck to all the guys.

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
A lot of positive news these days. Good luck to all the guys.
I think it's in part due to the success of our NT.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
North East Stars transfer window target Dwane James joins Guatemala champions Antigua GFC
ttproleague.com

Trinidad and Tobago international Dwane Ronaldo James has been signed by Guatemala champions Antigua GFC for the rest of the 2015/16 season with the option to extend longer according to the club.

The 27-year-old James opted his first professional overseas stint over a return to North East Stars in the mid-season transfer window (January 29-February 26).

“It puts a serious dent on our plans,” said North East Stars team manager Maurice Eligon.

However, Eligon explained that plans will go on in rebuilding the team.

“We have discussed it with our head coach Ross Russell as to our plans. We will continue along and are in talks with a players… mainly youngsters because we are looking to rebuild for the next few seasons.”

Meanwhile James’ move to Guatemala became possible after another T&T international defender Mekeil Williams left Antigua GFC this week to link with Colorado Rapids in the Major League Soccer (MLS), according to Antigua.

Williams played his last game for Antigua on Sunday.

While James, a former North East Stars, San Juan Jabloteh, St. Ann’s Rangers and Ma Pau SC player, last had a stint in T&T’s Super League with Barrackpore United in the final months of 2015.

In the 2015 CONCACAF Gold Cup, James, an elder brother of T&T star midfielder Kevin Molino, was used as a 78th substitute for Khaleem Hyland in T&T’s 4-4 draw with Mexico for his only tournament appearance.

Antigua GFC, which has qualified for the 2016-17 Scotiabank CONCACAF Champions League, currently occupies the top spot in the 2016 Apertura table with 10 points from four games.

Offline Dutty Love

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Live vs Comunicaciones http://www.chapintv.com/envivo-3

Offline Dutty Love

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
LIVE Dwane James and Antigua vs Guastatoya at 3 pm local time (5 pm T&T) http://www.chapintv.com/envivo-7

Offline Dutty Love

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
LIVE Dwane James and Antigua vs Guastatoya at 2.30 pm local time (4.30 pm T&T) http://www.chapintv.com/envivo-7
« Last Edit: March 06, 2016, 02:33:10 PM by Dutty Love »

1]; } ?>